Über FACTS

FACTS macht Spekulationen bezüglich der Vergabe von Finanzhilfen ein Ende, indem Schulen die Informationen bereitgestellt werden, die sie benötigen, um Schulkindern faire finanzielle Unterstützung bieten zu können.

Erfahre mehr über FACTS

Bewertungen zu FACTS

3,7
3,9
3,8

FACTS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 98 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FACTS bereits verwendet?

Eric
Eric
Chief Technology Officer in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product for a VERY niche market

RenWeb is School Information System software. It allows the user to take attendance, track grades, generate report cards, as well as a HOST of other features. Very feature-rich. In years past, RenWeb sort of lost its way with not really understanding who its core customer was - K-12 schools. After the acquisition by FACTS, RenWeb has really turned the ship around.

I do not like that FACTS is completely re-branding RenWeb as FACTS SIS. It doesn't sound as good. It looks like they're admitting failure. My preference would simply to be a major revision overhaul and re-branding with the same name.

Janice
Controller in USA

Exceeded expectations

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: After initial setup, usability and reliability are better than expected.

FACTS handles tuition billing. collections, and integration with Quickbooks Online.

Some features are tricky to use, but we are able to adapt to the software in order to achieve desired results.

Letha
Artistic Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Our struggles

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Customer Service was difficult and often I never heard from anyone when I would leave a voicemail with questions or email or using the chat on the website. It was frustrating to not be able to access help when needed.

I liked the financial reports that we had access to.

It was difficult to update or change parameters and information etc.

Director Of Technology in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Saves a lot of money and easy to use!

Kommentare: Wonderful!

Working for a small school means trying every way to save money and we were able to do that with this software.

It doesn't offer as many of the "bells and whistles" as other big-brand names do.

Art Teacher in USA

Renweb

Kommentare: My experience was not very positive as I had to continually help people try to figure out how to do something. Then they would come up with an update and that would all change.

I thought the pros of Renweb was that it was a starting point. It had lots of features that you could purchase and lots of options.

I think the software was not extremely user friendly. It was hard to navigate and they just needed a UX designer to go in and update thing. There were various versions that people were using that made things complicated. Also they make it so you can't pull your data out easily.

Mariam
Mariam
Business Manager in USA

We use Renweb for our new student enrollment, applications and grade processing.

Renweb has a key feature where it stores emails sent to parents for the past 6 months. This is helpful when trying to track who emails were sent to.

There are glitches in the system. It is hard to get technical support for issues as most time the IT department does not understand the issue.

Marketing Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great for Finance Departments!

Kommentare: Overall, would recommend.

FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment is great in compiling and organizing data. Every year, we would make our financial aid application available and have families fill it out. Once the application was closed, FACTS compiled all the data and made recommendations. It was great.

A majority of the people who filled out the application (families applying for aid) were able to do so without a problem. There was, however, a portion of people who couldn’t figure it out and had issues. Just be mindful that you may receive phone calls!

Camrynne
Director of Operations in USA

Trying to keep up

Kommentare: We were with FACTS for about 9 years. We had frequent complaints about how difficult the interface was for parents and teachers. Parents didn't like that they had to pay for the app. We needed a more economic, user-friendly system, so we switched to something else. In retrospect, you always get what you pay for. It might be good for FACTS to consider rebundling their pricing to reduce the nickel and dime effect.

FACTS (formerly known as RenWeb) is a robust SMS / SIS software. It has a full spectrum of features and functions that schools need. Their customer service was very accessible/responsive most of the time.

It's been around a long time, and it seems like they have struggled to keep up/update their platform/interface. It's not very intuitive to use. There are MANY features that you need/want that cost extra, and the nickel and dime effect was significant.

Stephanie
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Customer support is very helpful. Some functions in program are cumbersome and frustrating.

Kommentare: Online access to account and payments for our families. Tracks their payment plans so we don't have to.

I like being able to take payments online or at the school and credit manually. I like that families can choose their own payment plan (per our setup).

Families find it frustrating if they are not online a lot or don't pay bills online. Paper invoices often get lost in mail. Also, I don't like that late fees are not charged when the payment is late. All late fees are added at the end of the month, even if the person was late as of the 20th. This gets really confusing if the family pays after being late but prior to late fee addition.

Antwort von FACTS Management

Hi Stephanie, Thank you so much for your feedback - we truly appreciate hearing your thoughts on our products. We may have a solution to address your comment about the timing of late fees. Your Account Manager will give you a call ASAP to discuss. Thank you again!

Controller in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Report card emails are good

Kommentare: It may not completely be RenWeb's fault that I don't care for them but a combination with the schools that have used it. I have had my children at two different schools who both used RenWeb and I have never figured out what the heck we are supposed to use it for. We get weekly automatic emails that generate our child's report card which is clear and easy to access but the site itself is confusing and not easy to use.

Report card emails are clear and clean

Navigation is frustrating and confusing I don't fully understand its purpose Clunky program

Enrollment Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Constantly improving software for schools

Kommentare: We use Renweb throughout our entire school. We use their basic Student Information System as well as their value added Online Application/Online Enrollment. Overall their system helps us accomplish much more than our past paper system, although we have frustrations about the functionality of the features and ease of use from time to time. Fortunately their customer service is too notch and there's never been a question or issue they haven't walked with us through. They are currently in the process of updating their entire system from a desktop version to a web-based. Once this transition is completed and the bugs are worked out, they will have a sleek, modern interface that isn't as clunky and is more user friendly. Their value added product of Online Application/Online Enrollment leaves a bit to be desired but is a cost effective solution. It is not as user friendly for the families going through the process and doesn't make it easy to simplify some of the steps. We've enjoyed working with Renweb so far and would recommend the software to another school that is willing to put in the time and resources to work with a company that is in the process of updating their systems.

The customer service is the best part of using Renweb. They have a lot of self-help articles and videos. If you are crunched for time or can't find the answer you need just call them and they are more than happy to walk you through the issue! Another great thing is to have everything you need to run a school in one system! That simplifies all of our lives. They've even developed an integration with FACTS to make billing streamlined!

The fact that Renweb is creating a new online system and going away from their desktop based system will be great once it's finished. Right now it's frustrating to be stuck between the two systems with some important features not functional online yet (I know because I have a mac and can't use the desktop version). Some aspects of Renweb are clunky and not well organized which can be frustrating when you are trying to figure something out and don't have a lot of time.

Seth
USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Powerful software but slow to innovate and address issues

Kommentare: I've been using RenWeb for five (5) years now and have a major love/hate relationship with it. It's expensive to get started and then expensive if you want to adjust anything. Thousands to add a custom logo to the report cards. The financial account system is not GAAP compliant and their response was "we're not an accounting software company." But if you're going to have the feature then do it right. The online teacher portal is not Chrome compliant and it took four years to get the Parent Portal working on Chrome. For two years I had to tell parents to run IE in compatability mode to get it to work. RenWeb1 (theire new online portal) was announced and pused 1.5 years ago and still is not functional. They promised an Android app when we signed up five years ago (it's only 3-6 months away - they promised) . It tooke 3 years to get it functional. They are extremely slow to inovate. Their modules do not integrate well. If you put something on your lesson plans on a specific date, only certain entries can be added automatically to your classroom calendar and then your gradebook. So for many things you have enter the same information 3 or 4 times to get it to each location. This results in frustration on the teachers part and lack of use. What keeps me with them are the tuition management module and the student (afterschool care) time clock. The student clock creates unique barcode scanner cards for authorized pickups to ensure the correct person is picking up the kids. This one feature is about the only thing that keeps me with RenWeb. There is no Google Apps for Education integration, but according to them "it's coming soon". The last time I heard that statement, it was three years. That's not soon.

One stop shop for multiple software applications

Slow to innovate, expensive add ons, frustrating software functionality

Carrie
Librarian in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Everything A Teacher Needs!

Kommentare: My overall experience has been a positive one. I have used this software in a couple of schools I've taught in. I enjoy using it and would recommend it to any fellow teachers as well as any future schools.

What I like most about RenWeb is the fact that everything a teacher may need in document management is in one place. The teacher can write their lesson plans, use the software to enter grades and find everything they may need on their students all in one place. I like the fact that the lesson plans are easy for parents to see as well. They have made some good advances in the past year. They are making strides in keeping up with the way they appear and the flexibility they have implemented to allow the teacher to work from work and personal devices. I do know from personal experience that they want to put the best product out there and are not afraid to change to do it.

The thing I have liked least about this software is that they make some changes to the software in the year. I adjusted to some of their updates with ease only to find it has changed during the year. I can be a bit frustrating especially when those changes happen at the end of a school year. I'm glad they are evolving, the timing could be better.

Megan
Assistant Principal in USA

Affordable SIS

Kommentare: It is a full SIS with some limitations, but that is to be expected for the price. Their customer service is primarily operated through chat and they do a good job!

FACTS is an affordable SIS. The system maintains all of our records and has capability for customization within reports such as building your own report card. FACTS is always improving. They take user requests seriously and we can vote on which requests we'd like them to prioritize. Last year, they updated to a mobile web-based platform that can be accessed across all devices. They also offer communication services such as mass texting (for an additional fee). A definite pro is that this one system manages everything from tuition payment, grant services, grading, lesson planning, reporting and communication!

At times, FACTS can be click-intensive, requiring multiple steps to get something done. The standards-based grading portion is not yet fully developed to allow for true standards based grading and reporting. For example, there is no way to record/notify parents of missing assignments when using standards based grading in FACTS.

Jamie
Elementary Vice Principal in USA

Renweb is all you need!

Kommentare: The benefits of this software are too many to list. Renweb has taught me things on the administrative side that I did not even know I needed to learn. My teachers have their classroom information organized and can make their own customized reports if needed which is a huge benefit because not all students are the same.

Having all the information for our students literally at our fingertips has been a huge advantage in moving into the digital age. We can quickly look up everything we need and it tracks it for all students and families. Having the access to personal information, tracking emails, communications, grade book and calendars all in one spot has been my favorite parts of diving into this software.

The thing I really hate is when you go to a classroom and it pops up "communication has moved". I did not go there for communication but since it is the first alphabetically on the list, this error pops up every time. I just scroll down and click grade book so it is easy to get out of it. It is just annoying that I feel like it yells at me every day when I go to that section. Small annoyance really but still annoying.

Enrollment Director in USA

Integrates well with FACTS/Renweb Software

Kommentare: The best part about this tool is the justification it gives us to parents about why we award what we do. It is a low cost to the parents and gives them peace of mind their sensitive information will be secure. If you are currently using paper forms, I would highly recommend switching to FACTS Grant & Aid!

This is an all-in-one Grant & Aid tool. It allows families an unbiased 3rd party review software, allows administrators on the review team to see the overall picture compared to the aid budget, then posts the award directly to the student's account. They are also backed up by the excellent customer service provided by FACTS management. We have never had an issue with FACTS management go unresolved for more than 24 hours and 99% of the time they are able to resolve it right there on the phone with you.

Parts of the software were a little clunky to use. With as busy as we are as a small school, we need software that can be picked up pretty intuitively. There are quite a few steps to learn to just to finalize the award and post it to the account. Just to do this, I watched 3 separate videos. One of them I had to watch several times to make sure I was posting the award correctly. I know proper training is important when working with software, but it took longer to learn this software than we had planned upon.

Jenny
Registrar in USA

a great SIS

Kommentare: We're managing a campus with 700+ students quite easily. Some areas of the software are definitely under utilized, but the training staff is excellent! This is a one-stop shop to manage our student database, gradebooks, and online applications/enrollment.

This is great for managing our school. We have three "schools" on campus and are able to effectively manage our student information for all three using FACTS SIS. I like most that it's cloud based, so administration can access from anywhere on or away from campus.

Some of the features don't make sense to the user (such as in the steps to copy a schedule to use for the next school year, you have to "Clear Schedule" which sounds counterintuitive). Customer support can also be hit or miss.

Freddie
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The best thing about RenWeb and FACTS is the customer service.

Kommentare: Our parents do not need to call our office as often, they can go straight to RenWeb and FACTS to see what is going on with their student and their account. It is transparent and user friendly to them.

Since this software is so comprehensive it is great to be able to call the customer service number any time during the day. The customer service team is courteous, helpful and very knowledgeable. Using this software in addition to FACTS has also allowed us to pass on the same level of customer service to our students and families.

The transition has been difficult and it would have been helpful to have more integration, import export capability with Excel and have templates provided for this transition.

Jesse
Teacher in USA

RenWeb app

Kommentare: I have used RenWeb for several years at my school and I'm really enjoying the new updates. It was a bit clunky before and is now quite smooth and intuitive.

RenWeb online is fantastic. The way it is graphically organized makes it very simple and intuitive to access grades, report cards, contact parents and staff, see individual student information, Etc. I'm over all very happy with the software.

The RenWeb Android app really doesn't let you do much. I can access student information and take attendance, but that's pretty much it. It's not organized terribly well and is slow as well. I look forward to an updated version in the future as they have updated their website.

Loren
Registrar in USA

great software, but complex

Kommentare: RenWeb is amazing. There are so many features and abilities that make our school run. We simply don't use everything RenWeb offers, but all of its core modules we use all the time. Its newest web interface is convenient and efficient. They do make continual improvements to the product, which I appreciate. There is a real learning curve associated with starting out implementing RenWeb. Their video training is good, and their customer support is great, but it's still a big undertaking. Teachers have a few key things to do in the system, and most of them will get up to speed quickly. Admisistrators have much more to do, and it just takes time to figure it all out.

web based, customer support

quirky (probably like any software)

Annie
Elementary Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Once I got the hang of it, Renweb is a great resource for classroom grades

Kommentare: Our entire school's information and grading is found in one system - it is connected and has everything I need for the gradebook aspect.

I appreciate the functionality of renweb especially with grading. It is easy to align the grading system to the system you want for you classroom. Also, it allows parents to get connected to your student's progress.

Sometimes, certain features feel like they are 100 clicks away. Especially to send home messages through the program itself. I relied on my regular email far more often. Putting in behavior reports was also not my favorite feature.

Jeanne
Director of Advancement in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great product. This can track everything we need at school.

Kommentare: We are able to track all our school families, with notes and interactions and even distant family members. It has professionalized our database management efforts at our school.

I like that flexibility of the database. It tracks families as groups, and as each individual separately. It allows me to "divorce" families and change things however I need.

Like all advanced systems, it can be cumbersome to drill down to all the levels and use all its capabilities. But whether for simple users or expert ones, it seems to accomplish everything we need at our school.

Joshua
School Administrator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Renweb has been a good solution for our school

Kommentare: We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place. This has been invaluable.

Renweb has an incredible amount of diversity. We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place.

For all the positives that Renweb provides, it is still not very user-friendly. They also totally botched the unveil of Renweb 1. Users have been in limbo for too long.

Helen
Collections Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

I have used this software from beginning to now and have learned just about all areas of it.

Kommentare: One central area to keep student information together.

This software has multiple sections that integrate with each other . This makes troubleshooting easier since you can actual get to the same area different ways. Also, once you get their support team they are awesome when it comes to helping you understand what you need done.

No area for emailing thread or contacting conversation with a co-workers on family balances. Also call in to many buttons to get software area needed.

Lisa
Front Office Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

RenWeb is, by far, THE BEST and most user friendly software out there for school management!

Kommentare: I have used RenWeb at several different schools I have been a part of and have yet to find it's equal. It is the best experience I have had with ANY school management software. It changed our schools for the better.

-Easy to learn and navigate -Everything your school needs under one umbrella -Very user friendly -Quality and detail oriented -Simply stated - the best decision you could make for your school

Customer Service wait times were often a bit long.