Über FACTS

FACTS macht Spekulationen bezüglich der Vergabe von Finanzhilfen ein Ende, indem Schulen die Informationen bereitgestellt werden, die sie benötigen, um Schulkindern faire finanzielle Unterstützung bieten zu können.

Erfahre mehr über FACTS

FACTS (formerly known as RenWeb) is a robust SMS / SIS software. It has a full spectrum of features and functions that schools need.

For example, there is no way to record/notify parents of missing assignments when using standards based grading in FACTS.

Bewertungen zu FACTS

3,6
4,0
3,8
3,7

FACTS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 102 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FACTS bereits verwendet?

Eric
Eric
Chief Technology Officer in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product for a VERY niche market

RenWeb is School Information System software. It allows the user to take attendance, track grades, generate report cards, as well as a HOST of other features. Very feature-rich. In years past, RenWeb sort of lost its way with not really understanding who its core customer was - K-12 schools. After the acquisition by FACTS, RenWeb has really turned the ship around.

I do not like that FACTS is completely re-branding RenWeb as FACTS SIS. It doesn't sound as good. It looks like they're admitting failure. My preference would simply to be a major revision overhaul and re-branding with the same name.

Janice
Controller in USA

Exceeded expectations

Kommentare: After initial setup, usability and reliability are better than expected.

FACTS handles tuition billing. collections, and integration with Quickbooks Online.

Some features are tricky to use, but we are able to adapt to the software in order to achieve desired results.

Gabriela
Parent in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

So difficult to use, ugly interface, annoying to toggle between student and financial management

Kommentare: As an end user, I absolutely LOATHE FACTS. It is one of the worst user experiences I have ever had.

I do not like anything about FACTS except having access to lesson plans for our hybrid homeschool

I have been forced to use FACTS since the 20teens when my two older daughters were in school. At that time it was only for financial purposes, and I hated it then. It was cumbersome and difficult to use, and figuring out how the math was done was an exercise in frustration. Fast forward to the mid 20 twenties when my younger sons' school uses it for both class/assignment/grade management and financial management, and I know why I hated it then and still do. The class assignment section is ugly and outdated looking. And now with the financial 'upgrade', we have to login in AGAIN within the website to review the financial portion. I understand from the school that they also can't put in manual changes from their end, so basically everyone is at the mercy of unseen software administrators. Having to pay $25 to pay my balance in full is also really annoying, when I know the school is also paying for the 'privilege' of using the system and being paid. Last year they charged $.85 PER TRANSACTION! To draft money out of my account! So not only do they charge you, but you literally have no option but to give this company your sensitive financial information for them to store 'securely'. I guess? So far so good on that front, but who's to say how long that will last. The app costs as well, in addition to the school paying, and me paying for the privilege of paying tuition, we also have to pay for the app.

Bracia
Admin in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Facts site

What I like most is, it keeps student information, up-to-date, and accessible

There’s nothing I like least about the site

Shannon
Enrollment Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Constantly improving software for schools

Kommentare: We use Renweb throughout our entire school. We use their basic Student Information System as well as their value added Online Application/Online Enrollment. Overall their system helps us accomplish much more than our past paper system, although we have frustrations about the functionality of the features and ease of use from time to time. Fortunately their customer service is too notch and there's never been a question or issue they haven't walked with us through. They are currently in the process of updating their entire system from a desktop version to a web-based. Once this transition is completed and the bugs are worked out, they will have a sleek, modern interface that isn't as clunky and is more user friendly. Their value added product of Online Application/Online Enrollment leaves a bit to be desired but is a cost effective solution. It is not as user friendly for the families going through the process and doesn't make it easy to simplify some of the steps. We've enjoyed working with Renweb so far and would recommend the software to another school that is willing to put in the time and resources to work with a company that is in the process of updating their systems.

The customer service is the best part of using Renweb. They have a lot of self-help articles and videos. If you are crunched for time or can't find the answer you need just call them and they are more than happy to walk you through the issue! Another great thing is to have everything you need to run a school in one system! That simplifies all of our lives. They've even developed an integration with FACTS to make billing streamlined!

The fact that Renweb is creating a new online system and going away from their desktop based system will be great once it's finished. Right now it's frustrating to be stuck between the two systems with some important features not functional online yet (I know because I have a mac and can't use the desktop version). Some aspects of Renweb are clunky and not well organized which can be frustrating when you are trying to figure something out and don't have a lot of time.

Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Saves a lot of money and easy to use!

Kommentare: Wonderful!

Working for a small school means trying every way to save money and we were able to do that with this software.

It doesn't offer as many of the "bells and whistles" as other big-brand names do.

Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Solid Software; Sucky Support

Kommentare: FACTS has been a good cloud-based replacement for our aging SIS hosted on our local server, and has had all the features we need. However, the support has been so lacking it threatens to overwhelm an otherwise solid product.

Integrates easily with our website and Google classroom; robust SIS and communication tools. Better than average school accounting features. Reliable cloud access.

Technical support was agonizingly slow and frustratingly unresponsive. It took months of calls to get our school calendar to not show multiples of all recurring events and our customized school app continues to experience delays due to slow responses from tech support.

Renweb

Kommentare: My experience was not very positive as I had to continually help people try to figure out how to do something. Then they would come up with an update and that would all change.

I thought the pros of Renweb was that it was a starting point. It had lots of features that you could purchase and lots of options.

I think the software was not extremely user friendly. It was hard to navigate and they just needed a UX designer to go in and update thing. There were various versions that people were using that made things complicated. Also they make it so you can't pull your data out easily.

Mariam
Mariam
Business Manager in USA

We use Renweb for our new student enrollment, applications and grade processing.

Renweb has a key feature where it stores emails sent to parents for the past 6 months. This is helpful when trying to track who emails were sent to.

There are glitches in the system. It is hard to get technical support for issues as most time the IT department does not understand the issue.

Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Report card emails are good

Kommentare: It may not completely be RenWeb's fault that I don't care for them but a combination with the schools that have used it. I have had my children at two different schools who both used RenWeb and I have never figured out what the heck we are supposed to use it for. We get weekly automatic emails that generate our child's report card which is clear and easy to access but the site itself is confusing and not easy to use.

Report card emails are clear and clean

Navigation is frustrating and confusing I don't fully understand its purpose Clunky program

Jeffrey
Teacher / Analyst in Katar
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Renweb basically works, though it shows its age.

Kommentare: Renweb appears to have been developed on a PC years ago at a private religious school in Texas and has expanded since then to be the go-to system for conservative Christian schools. It shows its age but basically works well. Not for Mac! and Not for overseas (that is, it had no provision for A4 paper or date-format or multiple currencies). It has elaborate grade-calculation settings and reasonably good attendance and grade-input methods. E-mail communication from teachers to students & parents is reasonably well done. Ironically, we missed all these basic functions when our administration switched to a glitzy new facebook-like system. Renweb recently merged with a finance company, so it is not clear how that will affect this core business--maybe better, maybe not.

All the basic teacher / admin functions are covered reasonably well. The system is stable.

Old look, Windows bias.

Matthew
Systems Administrator in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Not very reliable and customer support is weak.

Kommentare: Helped us get through a time when there were not many other alternative solutions.

They are always coming up with new features and they finally made web browser based user portals.

The software is normally pretty bad. The web browser interfaces are very different among different browsers. There always seems to be an issue with the reliability of data entry/access or some sort of new technical issue that they can't determine the cause to or replicate the issue for when you call support.

Lisa

A Complete Solution

Kommentare: It has been a wonderful tool. It allows us to have our gradebook, attendance log, health info, and behavior reports all within a single program.

This software is very versatile. It solves many of our issues.

Because it has so many facets, it can be a little difficult to navigate. Things are not located where I think they should be. I find the layout to be illogical.

Mike
Teacher in USA

I love the application for smart phones.

I love how quickly I can enter attendance and new grades. I also like the calendar feature with important school related dates.

I only have an issue with setting up my classes each year. It would be nice to keep everything the same each year. Also it would be nice to see previous years lesson plans

Sara
Director of Development in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great customer service, intuitive use

Kommentare: We have used Facts for tracking and accepting tuition payments for our small but growing school. I find it highly user friendly, and when I wasn't sure who to handle a particular issue, the customer service was a quick call away. I have found that the customer service alone makes this a great product for tuition management. This year we also used it for Financial Aid review and grant awards. I have found that the review process for our applying families was overly strenuous and not quite as quickly moving as I would have liked.

It is easy to set-up accounts, make changes to tuition plans and add in other charges. Excellent customer service.

Slow process time for financial aid applications.

Antwort von Nelnet Business Solutions

Sara, Thank you for taking the time to review our services! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying our tuition management system. We will work to make your school's financial aid processing quicker next year!

Nicole
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product for parents and students

I enjoy using it to check on my children and communication with teachers is such an ease.

It would be nice to see the app with the ability for the teacher to take pictures for parents to view.

Janna
Director of Education in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

RenWeb Grading System

Kommentare: Although they are improving, my overall satisfaction with RenWeb is low.

This software is relatively affordable for schools. I like that you can send weekly progress reports to parents to keep them in the loop.

The functionality of RenWeb is poor. It is not teacher frindly and doesn’t have many of the features that teachers would like.

Rachel
Teacher in USA

Very basic functionality, but intuitive

It was very easy to learn all the features of the software and implement its use across a wide number of teachers and parents.

The mobile app experiences a lot of loading lags. I also had several issues with documents not uploading correctly.

Rob
Principal in USA

RenWeb

Kommentare: Overall, our school had a good experience with RenWeb and the tools available with it.

RenWeb was a great tool for our school to share information about our students with their parents. Being able to email parents and have all of the information readily available when needed was very helpful. I also liked that I was able to keep track of grades and attendance all in one place.

There were a few things that were difficult to navigate for both parents and teachers. There were some times that we were not able to do everything that we wanted.

Janice
Office Manager in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Pretty good

Kommentare: We've been using this for several years now. I like it for the most part, but our business manager has trouble getting the detail he needs for financial reporting. Teachers sometimes have problems posting to report cards, but like the grade book and lesson plans. Parents love that they can keep track of grades, accounts, etc. online. The help desk is usually pretty good at responding and getting issues resolved. The also have several options for contacting them, which is handy. There are some inconsistencies in how it handles data, eg. lets one put anything in a date field, then abends in another area when it goes to display the date. Most of the functionality is included in the base price, which is based on enrollment, but customization, which might be nice for reports, is a hefty monthly cost. At an added cost, we can text/email/voice call the parents with notifications (good for snow days!). This is definitely worth the cost! While the base price includes email, many parents don't read email, so texting is a great advantage, esp. when we really need to get in touch with them.

Christie
Parent in USA

Very enjoyable product

It is very easy to navigate. It is simple yet effective. It has all of the information you could possibly need at your fingertips and it's all easy to find.

I don't think I have any real complaint about this software - it's organized well enough to keep parents current generally or for specific events.

Kelly
CEO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

RenWEb is TERRIBLE! I CAn't wait until we drop it!

Kommentare: As a teacher, the last thing I need is frustration entering grades! I log in, I can't find my gradebook. I go to the help section, there is diddly squat there for their new Renweb1. Customer service closes too early for us west coasters. Printing your report cards and comments is an exercise in frustration with how many places you have to go to enter data, transfer data, etc. It is just TERRIBLE! Our school is abandoning it after this year. I URGE you not to begin with it!!!

Nothing

Everything! It is NOT user friendly!

Paula
Office Manager in USA

Using FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment

We love that we do not have to review families financials, that we depend on FACTS to review and make recommendations.

For the most part it us user friendly. We have run in to a few issues trying to find info or input our own info.

Simon
Teacher in Nigeria

Excellent management software

Kommentare: School management software helps me solve the problem of fixing admission for students, entering students assessments and records and also compiling students results.

School management software is an excellent school software that effectively manages the activities of a school system from admission, assessment and result compilations.

School management software is just perfect, I really haven't seen anything I don't like about it. But can still be improved for best quality software.

Will
Student in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I have had nothing but trouble with this system

Kommentare: You do get your assignments in the end

It is capable of being used for more complex assignments. If you like all your homework on the same page this is for you

It is difficult to understand the assignments since the writing is so cramped amd unindented. Making an account was aweful. It always randomly ask me to sign in again. If our assignments were more simple then we would probably use google classroom like everyone else.