Filtern nach:

Über NGP VAN

Starte deine Kampagne mit einer Website und bewährten Fundraisingfunktionen
sowie organisatorischen und digitalen Tools ab 45 $/Monat.

Erfahre mehr über NGP VAN

Consultant in USA
Politische Organisation, Selbstständig

Best Software for Campaigns

I shopped around for software like NGP and was not able to find anything quite on its level. It does everything one needs and is easy to use.

It's a bit pricey, but I do feel you get a high quality product for the money.

Sara Y.
Special Assistant & Operations Associate in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

NGP VAN is essential for every political NGO

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: For all its quirks and issues, NGP VAN is pretty great. It may not be the most efficient way to store data, lookup key metrics, or conduct political outreach but almost every progressive organization in the business uses this software, so I highly recommend it to anyone hoping to get in the game, so to speak. I personally have been using the platform since my first job out of college.

I love that it is a one stop shop for all things essential to a political/nonprofit campaign. From donor tracking, volunteer management, and event planning, NGP VAN can do just about anything. I like that if I am searching for demographic data, then I can source that information from the software almost instantly, which in turn can provide reliable metrics to our paid media team for use of digital tactics, as an example.

I am not a fan of NGP VAN's customer support. With this platform, I believe that having a person on the line to walk me through this CRM would be a blessing. They have a VANuel on their support page but I don't think it is enough. I would appreciate it if they added videos or tutorials for some of the basics for junior staff.

Director of Communications in USA
Politische Organisation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The best on the market, but not good.

For what it does, there is not a better competitor to NGP VAN. It is the most comprehensive database available for Democratic campaigns and is standardized to a point where almost anyone you talk to in the industry has familiarity with it.

The interface is unintuitive and slow, the data is often out of date, and repeat processes are tedious, lead to errors, and borderline infuriating. Customer service is lackluster and often outsourced to party members without real expertise with the software.

Samantha A.
Department Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Contact

The internet processing and the phone number is still in my place I don’t know what to do with the other phone number

Slow To with the new number of you guys at work and I wanna I gotta get you some good time to go home then go get it done so you don’t need me and you can give it back to me and then I’ll throw you a phone call me if you wanna or not I’m just waiting on you to call him and tell him you got the money I got you some money for me

Kassie B.
Organizer in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Gold Standard for Voter engagement

Kommentare: Overall, it's a good program. With more and more options coming to market, I'm hoping VAN and it's newer competitors work on creating user-friendly, intuitive features.

The VAN is well known as being one of this first and most comprehensive voter file programs used for political and issue campaigns. It incorporates all of the info you need to know about voters and allows you to cut turfs for canvassing or phone banking.

The program is clunky and not intuitive. It takes some work to get trained up on all of the features. My organization has a national data team that regularly conducts training and answers questions. Without that training, this would be pretty tough to figure out.

Lisa C.
Freelance Writer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Indispensable for a Canvassing Team

As a previously-paid, but now volunteer canvasser, I've found VAN to be an easy-to-use phone app to know which doors to knock on my turf and the personal and demographic information about who I'm trying to speak to. It's also a great tool for occasional canvassers who may not yet have memorized the script, as they can read the script (hopefully while maintaining some eye contact!) and enter constituent responses in the app as they go.

I've had issues with the GPS functionality. As someone who is directionally challenged, it's so useful to have a little dot showing where I am in relation to the doors I'm supposed to be knocking in map view. At times (and this could have been related to the phone I was using or the signal available on my turf), the GPS was way off, showing that I was blocks or even miles away from where I was.

Nadia J.
Student in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Good for Voter contact

Kommentare: I've used NGP VAN in a variety of settings and capacities and it offers some of the best voter networking software available. Online phone banks are extremely easy with VAN. The only real issue I have is that it's often difficult to transfer between 'My Voters' and 'My Campaign'.

Ease of voter contact and the navigation between canvassing and phone results.

The difference between 'my voters' and 'my campaign'

Compliance and Finance Analyst in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Pretty much a must use system for campaign finance disclosure

easy to have multiple different designations in the account. Easy to import large contact sets and good customer support for backend data edits

User interface is not the best and confusing to first time users. Hard to share reports with other users. Reports are very limited in what you can pull.

Content Strategist in USA

I have been using NGP VAN for the last six years in a campaign setting.

VAN gives excellent access to voter information and is a great tool for creating phone banks and other lists.

I struggle with clipping turf in VAN. The process is nonintuitive and difficult. The mapping feature does not give the user enough information to clip turf correctly.

Nathan C.
Campaign manager in USA

Love Van. Easy to use and works great.

Call lists are easy to make, as are walking lists. This is a great tool for campaigning. Able to target voters easily.

It's unfortunate that in non-partisan races they will restrict usage if a candidate isn't 100% liberal. Other programs are not as good as Van.

Henry B.
Field Intern in USA

Easy to use with little training

I love the intuitive design of the program. Also, its a must buy for any campaign. It is easy to get started with and to train people with it.

The system sometimes crashes unexpectedly. However, these problems can usually be solved quickly. There aren't very many cons!

Boss, Just Plain Retired in USA

I am a contributor to many campaigns. I receive NGP VAN generated materials.

Kommentare: As the recipient of solicitations, I receive absolutely sterile, predictable solicitations with no way to establish meaningful personal contact with the candidate. I hate the tie-in with Act Blue. I feel as if I am being manipulated.

It is formula generated. I recognize that it solves numerous problems for the candidate, It obviously provides ease of use and scalability.

I am the potential donor/supporter. Once I pull the switch, I am on NGP VAN's mailing list forever. This list is evidently tied in with Act Blue. I have received as many as 40 solicitations a day with Act Blue's fingerprints on them. I routinely block further solicitations from that candidate no matter how worthwhile the individual's candidacy. I really feel as if I am being manipulated; I hate it.

Johnna K.
cosmo in USA
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Great product to keep you organized

Kommentare: This product is great for keeping track of homes visited through canvassing. Also keeping track of group meeting information.

We use this product for canvassing as well as keeping track of our group meetings.

I haven't ran into anything I don't like.