Über Snowflake

Das Datenbankmanagement-Tool unterstützt Nutzer bei Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, Analysen, Kollaboration und vielem mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Snowflake

Initial upfront documentation was a little difficult to navigate but once we got a hang of it, setting up everything else was relatively simple.

Bewertungen zu Snowflake

Snowflake hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 78 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Snowflake bereits verwendet?

Adtech and SEO Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Snowflake is an excellent choice for centralizing data and acting as a database "hub"

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
EVP Operations IT in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Snowflake has been a game changer

Kommentare: Snowflake has been a game changer for us. It has enable all kinds of new architectures due to it's fast and low-cost performance. It has eliminated the need for so many maintenance tasks that used to be such a hassle.

Snowflake is super fast, requires virtually no maintenance (no logs, indexes, tuning, etc.) and the pay per use price model scales perfectly with cyclical workloads which are common in data warehouse applications.

It does not natively support any real constraints such as uniqueness or referential integrity which requires the user to explicitly check all these things via stored procedures. The SQL worksheet GUI still has remove to improve but they have been rapidly enhancing it. It's not too uncommon to have brief outages but they are usually resolved within a few hours.

EVP Operations IT in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Transformed our Data Warehousing Process

Kommentare: Snowflake has been wonderful. It completely transformed our operations when we migrated from SQL Server to Snowflake. It's so much faster, cheaper, and easier to maintain.

Easy maintenance, fast performance, low cost usage-based pricing model, and easy data sharing.

It can be cumbersome to administer multiple Snowflake accounts within the same company if needed. It's most cost effective for large, bulk type query transactions not thousands of small queries spread throughout the day.

Likhitha
Data analyst in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A cloud based Data platform

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Ease to access because of its cloud based platform Roles can be easily assigned

UI when we scroll to the bottom of the results and go to a different worksheet and come back the page displays the top of the results which is very annoying

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

How snowflake is different from other data warehouses present in the market.

Kommentare: Used for monitoring large amount and data and also use for analysis purposes for taking business decisions for the companies.

The best thing is snowflake is a cloud based Warehouse system.and it’s completely based on shares nothing architecture so its gives faster performance during analysis.one more thing i like about this warehouse that the amount of time that you use the main warehouse here for that specific period of time you have to pay other than the warehouse is off for normal queries.particularly in dml statement mainly its uses the warehouse.so its manage automatically weather to use warehouse or not so it is very much good for saving money That’s why now big giants company are shifting towards snowflake for cost effective purposes and the smarter and faster performance it gives.and it also provides a feature call time travel where you can back up your all deleted data in a period of 90 days.

There are two things I don’t like about the snowflake is it’s doesn’t support unstructured data loading it’s only support the structure and semi structure data. And other one is it’s only support the bulk loading files so it’s difficult for a small size files loading or adding some few columns on it.

Marketing & Werbung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

An outstanding data warehouse tool I have used so far

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

1. Exceptional design on dashboard and easy controls 2. No maintenance (Logs, Tuning etc) required 3. Pay per use model

1. Expensive indeed 2. UI navigation needs to improve 3. Should be more flexible for integrations

Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A fantastic data warehouse solution that solved all our problems

Kommentare: I have an amazing experience using Snowflake. It is better than out previous Data Warehouse solution in everything I can think of (besides pricing). We are very satisfied with, and I feel very confident on having it as the backend of all our data needs.
It is also important to notice that we had a very pleasent experience with Snowflake's sales and account managers: they were very helpful and not pushy at all.

Snowflake is exteremely stable and easy to setup. I was able to turn it on and have a reliable Data Warehouse that didn't require me having a lot of cloud knowledge to administrate. The database administration through the UI is intuitive and the Roles dynamic helps with implementing good data governance and compliance pratics inside the company. Snowflake also offers user security options out of the box, which was a huge improvement for us. The doccumentation is very well written and SnowSQL offest a lot of useful functions. The main improvement on this front was how Snowflake treats JSON, which helped us a lot.

If your revenue is not on US dollars, Snowflake is an expensive product, there is no way around that. It is indeed a very good service that charges accordingly. We are using the smallest cluster possible and it was necessary to do some convincing inside the company to approve it for our budget. That being said, the smallest cluster we are using is more than enough for our needs and will be for a long time, so it will take a long time for this cost to increase again, but it was a pretty big budget increase initially.

Head of Engineering - Data and BI in Australien
Informationsdienst, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The incredible power of a cloud data platform

Kommentare: We use Snowflake to aggregate hundreds and hundreds of disparate databases across many different clouds and platforms into one single data warehouse allowing us, for the first time, to give customers visibility of all their data across all our products.

The concept of Snowflake is so clever - mass amounts of micro-partitions of data, with the storage and compute separated. It is a smart product that enables so much functionality and capability. It is more than simply a database in the cloud, it is truly a feature-rich platform that offers a huge amount of functionality. I also very much like that role-based access is a fundamental part of it. Its data sharing features are terrific too.

Some things are a little tricky to figure out, like row-level policies the first time you do it, or data masking. There are no triggers. Scheduled tasks are a little limited. Stored procedures are not as simple as I'd like.

Telekommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Snowflake - Best Cloud database you could get to build data warehouse

Kommentare: I would give my over all rating for this product as 10 on 10 . Coming from ORACLE background I really liked this product . You could avoid the entire database management tasks since its been taken care by the snowflake itself.

The I/O operation within the database are handled well . Repeated same query results are being cached to avoid I/O operations, which is great!

The Task functionality can have a separate UI to manage the scheduled tasks . The Web workbook could have been improved with more features.

Joan
Joan
Head of Data in Spanien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Friendly Cloud Data Warehousing

Kommentare: Very good and reliable tool. I am very satisfied.

Snowflake is easy to use and clear. Maybe the hardest part is to set up Roles and Policies. Overall, I think it is the easiest data warehousing in the market and works very well.

It is kind of expensive and sometimes I feel I am getting "over billed". With this I mean that some operations take extra computing time that is not really needed or there are hidden costs difficult to track. To know how much money are you spending is difficult and overall I feel like Snowflake does not want you to track billing that much.

Nathan Patrick
Nathan Patrick
Chief Information Officer in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

A Promising Solution Marred by Poor Support and Pricing Structure

Kommentare: From the tech support side, some of the engineers did not know the product well. It took several conversations to resolve simple issues.

The ability to load data in using tools like Alteryx is a major plus. Snowflake also integrated well with our data science platform. The management of users and access was very simple to use and understand.

Building out incremental loading was difficult and did not save us time in comparison to our incumbent solution. The pricing structure for usage was nebulous. We did not fully understand the pricing model until that renewal period at the end of the year which included fees that were not mentioned during the sales process.

Senior Program Manager, Data Operations in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great SQL interface, especially for novice users

Kommentare: Overall it's been very easy to get onboarded and up to speed using snowflake. At my last company, their SQL platform was so complicated I was too intimidated to use it, so I would always have to ask analysts for help getting the data I needed. With Snowflake, I feel that everything I need to do is straightforward, or easy to figure out with some trial & error and reading the documentation. I've even gotten several complete SQL-newbie colleagues to begin using Snowflake and they've had a great experience as well.

Snowflake's Worksheets interface is easy for SQL novices to figure out because it's simple and straightforward, which is exactly the opposite of many competitors. On other platforms, novices are easily intimidated because of the complexity, but Snowflake does a great job of keeping it simple and clean. Their documentation is also good, but it's not as novice-friendly as I would like.

Script error messages could be more specific and helpful with identifying errors and troubleshooting. For example, linking directly to the relevant section of their documentation, based on the type of error. Again, this is something that advanced users probably wouldn't mind too much, but for novice or even intermediate users, this can be the difference between spending a few minutes troubleshooting versus hours of head-scratching.

Ryan
Senior Research Analyst in USA
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Snowflake is a great way to store data

Kommentare: It has been very positive. The primary motivation for the switch is the price and although I wasn't involved in those pricing discussions, it seems that everyone at my company is happy with the price and the value for the price.

I like that it has a really good interface that is easily accessible. We were using AWS before this and it was really hard to get the connections right. Keeping track of the drivers and everything was really complicated and I never got it to work as seamlessly as Snowflake

I don't know if there are any data visualizations that I could do in the program. That would be a cool value add. If that feature already exists, then I apologize to Snowflake. Another quirk is that not everything worked in the exact way that I wanted it to. There were some weird syntax things that didn't allow me to directly transfer my AWS queries, I had to go through and change them and there is one query that I still cannot figure out where the translation error is.

Vandit
Business Analyst in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Fast, Secure easy transition from sql

Kommentare: Overall the speed is ready incredible and I don't mind opening the csv and getting my results.
Would've loved to have the option to view multiple outputs.

Processing is very fast, as someone who switched over from Microsoft Sql server this works very fast and has the same documentation. The documentation library is also very helpful and the forums are always readily available to compare commands from SSMS vs Snowflake

It doesn't let you customize column order after the results have been generated. It also downloads a csv everytime you want see the output which just creates more work.

Billy
Billy
Data Analyst in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Database Storehouse

Kommentare: It is a great data warehouse that allows you to create different tables very quickly. It has been great to use even if there are some quirks with it.

It is able to hold and process extremely large amounts of data in a timely manner. It also allows you to organize the data and limit access which roles have access to which data.

There are two features that could use improvement. First is the inability to move tabs with different code around. This makes it impossible to organize tabs that go along with certain projects which is frustrating. It also saves every tab you ever created even when you delete the tab. While I understand this can be helpful if you accidently delete something, it would be nice to have the option to delete the cached tabs if I wanted to.

Nitin
Nitin
Product Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great data warehouse software

Snowflake is being utilized as a data warehousing system based on cans. We're utilizing Snowflake and additional tools like HVR and Dell Boomi to create a data lake. Currently, different business teams are using different systems for reporting and analytics purposes. We're now working on a centralized solution for the entire company.

Snowflake has its limitation when dealing with unstructured data

Dan
SA in UK
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Snowflake Review

Kommentare: We required a cloud based, scaleable data warehouse to replace our on-premise MS SQL stack. So far Snowflake has proved to be the right choice

Web UI Virtual Warehouses Secure Product Auto-Scaling S3 integration Public Cloud Hosting Forward thinking vendor

Would be good if there was a RESTful API interface with ability to query tables returning JSON format

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best cloud data warehousing solution for all reporting needs.

We can schedule the data synchronization timelines, and store the data for analytical and reporting purposes.

I don't find any thing to dislike, it serves the purpose of data warehousing for reporting.

Edwin
BI Lead in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It gets the job done

Fast and reliable data warehouse. It cost effective and scalable that fits in our business model

The visualisation feature. Maybe it is still in early stage and still lots of room for improvement

Chemikalien, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Snowflake is incredibly flexible and versatile. There are numerous ways to get data into Snowflake, even if there is not already an API built out for the source. The tool has many pre-built integrations as well.

Though it is very flexible, one thing that Snowflake does not handle is unstructured data. This can be a problem if your sources heavily rely on this type of data. They say they are going to support it in the future, but as of right now, they do not.

Darren
Strategist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Relatively new to using Snowflake, but the documentation provided is very helpful

I like that when I make an error when writing SQL, that I get a prompt that is descriptive enough for me to correct my mistake.

I haven't used it long enough to have any cons. Thus far it does what I need it to do.

Tanya
Head of Marketing in Deutschland
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Seamless experience connecting multiple clouds!

We used Snowflake after multiple attempts with other clouds and to say it was powerful is the least. It connects all data sources and allows to create a solid data warehouse essential for all BI reporting etc.

Complicated Billing (on purpose?), sometimes waiting for query load can be long and bothersome, could still use UI improvements

Automotive

Best cloud data warehouse as a service available to date

Kommentare: Centralized data.

Easy setup and configuration. The Ability to scale up and scale down at needed. Pay as you go and only for what you use.

Limited to AWS currently with planned expansion to Azure and GCP. On-Premise is not an option, but VPC is.

Data Analyst in USA
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Operate a relational database in the cloud!

With Snowflake, developing and deploying a cloud based relational database infrastructure has never been simpler.

Support for unstructured data could be better.

Himanshu
Solution Director in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great user friendly cloud DWH but a bit pricy

User friendly and easy setup for the AZure based setup

Cost is very high and not transparent for production grade systems

Nick
Head of Security in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic performance for SQL workloads with huge data sets

Fantastic performance without worrying about tuning or data set size.

None! Really fantastic experience for our data teams.