Über Frame.io

Mit Frame.io-Videokollaboration kannst du Medien privat hochladen, überprüfen und mit deinem gesamten Team teilen.

Erfahre mehr über Frame.io

We use it make vids of our building sites - it is easy to use across the team and saves time compared to 'normal' video editing on imac.

My company doesn't have precious time to waste on boarding people onto new software, so I found using Frame.io to be more trouble than it was worth.

Bewertungen zu Frame.io

Frame.io hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 78 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Frame.io bereits verwendet?

Drew B

Product Director in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy Reviews on Video Projects

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It is simple and easy for our team to use to make comments on video projects.

Our main use of Frame.io is for reviewing and commenting on rough edits of marketing and youtube videos. It is simple to comment on or annotate with drawing for a specific timestamp so our video editor can understand where changes are needed. We like the direct integration with Premiere Pro.

It seems the product is going in the direction of offering more complete video project management. While I see these could be useful for video production teams, we don't really need the extra project management features as we manage all projects in a separate project management software which includes much more than video-related tasks.

Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer for Video Editors

Frame.io is an incredible resource for video production teams. Team members can upload videos to the Frame.io website, and whoever needs to review the video is able to leave comments at specific times throughout the video. No more manual lists of timecodes and notes, or guessing which part of the video a reviewer may be giving a note on. Videos can also be uploaded to Frame.io to be shared as presentations for clients, or viewers outside of a given team, and the page they view is customizable. You can choose background color, text color for the title of the video, and even the thumbnail you'd like to appear on the screen when the reviewer opens the video's link. The ability to "stack" or "layer" updated versions of the same video is useful and unique to Frame.io as well. You'll always be able to view the genesis of a given video, from its first version to its final version (as long as you don't delete past versions). Frame.io has massively increased our team's efficiency, and streamlined communication regarding all of our video deliverables.

The only area that still needs improvement is with the desktop app version of Frame.io. The app only allows for uploads and downloads of files - you cannot leave timecoded comments, play videos for review, or layer video versions on top of one another. I always prefer to use the desktop version of any application I use, but the Frame.io desktop app is lacking in its current form.

Business Owner in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Consider other options before settling with Frame

Kommentare: I've used frame for about 3 years now as a project manager, creative director, and video editor.

I like that my team can import comments from frame into premiere. I also like that my clients can leave comments themselves if they know how to do it.

I don't like that it's super buggy, difficult to know what you're sharing, and often times customers are confused on how to use it or leave their comments. What was suppose to save me time from tracking emails of feedback and contacting a bunch of people to confirm their feedback has moved to me calling the customer and leaving feedback with them. This can also be achieved with vimeo, and now dropbox and google drive is allowing comments with video marketing—but you cannot import the comments into premiere.

Christopher
Video Producer in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Finally a video project manager that makes sense

Kommentare: Overall it's been great. I'm hoping they can fix the current bug.

I love that my team members and clients can give frame specific feedback on video reviews. This ability has been great because I can more easily "force" clients to only give specific, actionable feedback by funneling them to Frame.io as our only place for revision communication. This has greatly reduced the vague emails and phone calls. Client: "uhhh, it kinda feels a little slow in the middle". Now I can reply, "Ok, can you point out specifically when and where it feels slow?" This has also made me become a better producer/director because that same limitation applies to me. It forces me to only give specific and actionable feedback to my team members, which makes the editing process more efficient and forces me to be more decisive in my feedback given.

Currently there is a bug for the past few months where when I send a link to a client Frame.io asks them to create an account after they click the link. It didn't used to do this, it simply required them to put in their email address once and then go straight to reviewing. This has caused several headaches on recent projects.

matt
matt
Video Producer in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

A necessary tool for professional video creators

Kommentare: I loved using Frame.io, but after some clients had trouble using it, I moved over to Vimeo Pro. Since then, my clients have had no issue leaving comments. The cost is better, but only slightly.

The concept of this is a no-brainer need for any video producer. Your client leaves comments at time-stamped sections and you are then notified of every note made. You can then reply to the comment or just check it off. You can "hide" the checked comments which is very helpful if you're going through a long list of notes and need to sift through what has been addressed and what hasn't .

I wasn't able to determine why, but I had about a dozen clients who had a hard time leaving comments. It may have been something to do with the need to log in first, which some clients didn't want to create yet another log-in. Aside from this issue, the cost is a bit high. When you add up all the other subscription software you need from CRMs, Invoicing, Cloud storage, Adobe and about a hundred other things, Frame.io's cost can be difficult to accept, especially after having some clients not even use the system.

Elie
VP Marketing in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Terrible customer service - no bulk export option - stuck for ever

Kommentare: Very poor experience, terrible customer service. no way to bulk export your videos so your stuck with them forever. They try and upsell everyone by suspended your account if you get close to the storage limits. I would stay far away.

Decent platform for hosting videos and providing feedback

- customer service is terrible - if you go over your storage limits (even by accident) they suspend your account and you can't access anything and all your link break - no way to bulk export your videos

Davide
Creator in Italien
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Especially useful to better understand customer changes

Very useful to get quick and accurate feedback on the video without having to use services not created for this, thanks to the possibility of commenting and uploading different versions always at the same link makes it very easy to share with people even those not in the trade

I find the option to download the video poorly signposted and often have to remember to click the

Pratheep (Pro)
Pratheep (Pro)
Visual Media Specialist in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Brilliant piece of software.

Kommentare: After 4 months in I can finally review it and say and its been an absolute godsend for the feedback process. One of the main issues we were having was collating feedback from multiple clients at once within very tight deadlines and its done a superb job. I thought I would only use this during Post-Production, but has helped at every stage of the process. Here are some notes from my time using it over the past couple of months in a live environment: 1) Just because you have it and love it, doesn't mean your clients have the technical capability to use it (No IE compatibility for instance). I usually write a covering email on directions to use it and does not natively play at the highest resolution unless selected. 2) The Mobile App is probably my favourite feature, and use this on a daily basis when out and about. I make mostly social videos that need sizing for Instagram and Facebook, and being able to upload and view the same file with comments and view it on my phone full screen has saved SO much time, as before that was done using Dropbox/Google drive. 3) The integration within Premier Pro has drastically changed how we operate as a team, in managing changes from the client and delegating certain tasks. Being able to mark the changes as complete keeps everyone in the loop nicely. 4) Allowing the client to download source file on a completed video is a nice little feature that we use often.

Mobile App and Premier Pro Integration have drastically changed my workflow and can feel the productivity gains on a daily basis.

It doesn't automatically play at the highest resolution, and does not give you any metrics as to how long people have watched the video internally but im nit-picking!

Angus
Angus
Director in Australien
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great platform for reviewing video

Kommentare: Great overall platform for receiving client feedback on projects and also for archiving past projects.

Great for getting client feedback. The commenting system is great for getting precise feedback on certain parts of the video. The integration with Adobe Premiere is also very good and streamlines the post production workflow.

Would be great if it didn't cost so much to add additional seats/users

Marcos
Marcos
Production and Content Director in Venezuela
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A web app for collaboration in video creation process that will save you a lots of time

The best thing they have is the integration with Adobe Premiere, which makes it easy to show the videos in progress to my teammates and clients without having to waste time exporting and uploading to other platforms. I can receive the feedback directly and keep working. Not to mention how easy it is to integrate with the folders on our mac to make the workflow even easier.

Relmente is a great application, very robust and safe, that will surely fulfill all the needs and expectations that you have. In our case we do not continue using it for the prices and the price structure. Being a relatively small company we can not maintain the cost of the investment, even when the results are fantastic.

President in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Frame, quite literally, reinvented my post-production workflow

Kommentare: Speed and flexibility to review edited video content from practically anywhere with a internet connection. Frame is remarkably suited to push video collaboration in brand new ways.

Frame provides unrivaled post-production collaboration for video professionals. The ability to make real-time notes on editor's work is game-changing, and the client accessibility is top notch. I cannot fully express how valuable Frame is to our client review process. And the speed of the web-interface is basically magic. We can hardly achieve similar scrub speeds on our workstations. The ludicrous speed, massively flexible feature set, and sheer value-addedness (I know this is not a word, but seriously, just use this software and see how it changes your workflow) make Frame a foundational part of our business.

Robin
Filmmaker in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best platform for video production collaboration

Kommentare: I have found Frame.io a great way to quickly get feedback and approvals from clients. Frame.io creates a nice bridge between my team and clients to efficiently get video content completely. Definitely would recommend to anyone providing video production services.

Frame.io is a great software platform to share and review video content. As a video producer, Frame.io allows me to share video content and receive feedback, changes, etc. from clients in a clear and concise manner. Frame.io makes it easy to collaborate and quickly get video content produced and delivered.

Not a huge con, but there is a bit of a learning curve to get clients up to speed on using Frame.io. It is very intuitive and easy to use, but once clients see the benefits of using Frame.io over simple email, they jump on board.

Senior VFX artist in Dänemark
Animation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes communication easier

I really enjoy the comments feature. I removes a lot of misunderstandings from clients and saves time.

Sometimes it bugs a bit when you have too many files in one folder.

Adam

This product has become a crucial part of our workflow .

I love that it integrates directly with Adobe Premier Pro. They are constantly updating features and quick to listen to the feedback of users

It still seems as though there are server issues at times when trying to upload projects. I have also noticed a time lag from when clients say they make notes and when I see them .

Animation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

frame.io

Kommentare: Using frame.io has been great for sharing content for approvals. The ability to give a client one link, and being able to control the look and functionality of said link is essential. I wish they had a more intuitive UI or a tutorial video for some functionality early on.

One easy source to share and version animations and videos. Quickly send links to individual files, multiple files, in either a review format, or presentation. Encodes multiple codecs for previews.

A bit expensive, but ultimately worth it. There is a little bit of a learning curve as to how to arrange the order of your videos.

Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great way to review video with coworkers and clients

Drop a comment anywhere in the timeline, have discussions around it. Publish directly from Premiere! Version control, and easy to use file management.

Free trial used to be a good single person or hobbyist option. Now it has a hard stop after which you have to pay more than anyone outside of being a full time pro can afford.

Piotr
photographer in Polen
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Software for collaborative evaluation of videos.

Kommentare: Upload videos for review by co-workers and clients. Rate videos and chat with co-workers. Transfer videos between co-workers.

Allows the evaluation of video materials by co-workers. Possibility to add comments and graphic signs in a given minute of the video. Works with adobe premiere software.

Price could be lower, or can be combined with other Adobe packages.

Caitlin

Great time-saving app for you & your team

Frame.io is a fantastic way for teams to collaborate on video edits. Everyone can watch the film on their own time and collaborate/leave comments and edits all in one place to then approve and push live. This saves teams a lot of time and energy!

It's pretty pricey for small filmmakers and video teams, and hard to justify the value for the price point.

jeroni
Spanien
Quelle: GetApp

I'm expecting!!

I sign up few days ago because I noticed about new release. I'm totally expecting about that. I like that the frame soft is integrated absolutely with my Mac folders. With just a drag a nd drop I upload content. easy.

The limits of storage maybe has to be encrease a little. If I upload videos to I eat fast the limit.

Adri
Video Producer in Spanien
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The comments on the timeline are a game changer!

I LOVE that my colleagues can leave comments through the frame.io link and I can then see their comments directly on my Premiere timeline. This saves me a lot of back and forth.

The tool lacks tags to organize your content.

Danika
Event Producer in USA
Eventservice, Selbstständig

I love using this product and it makes me enjoy video projects so much more

Kommentare: I have always had a love/hate relationship with video editting projects but the software takes away some of the clunkiness of sending files, version control, etc so I don't mind doing these projects as much.

The version control feature is so clear and easy to use. The scrubbing/fast forward features are great. I love that it incorporates 1x, 1.5x, 2x, etc so we don't have to review full videos all the time. I also love the email notifications for comments.

I don't have any issues with the product. I'm sure there are many more features that I look forward to learning.

Ryan
Ryan
Manager of Production Operations in USA
Medienproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Frame.iOH!

Kommentare: Overall Frame.IO has improved our client experience, and has made our review process streamlined!

Clean, Sleek UI with an easy to navigate interface for first-time users. This makes collaboration between clients and our internal team seamless.

E-Mail notifications can be improved upon, and often have issues with multiple files being uploaded.

Rachel
Rachel
Israel
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Frame.io Great for Filmmakers

Kommentare: It's nice working with Frame.io when collaborating with other filmmakers. It was more difficult when sending the project to a client that was unfamiliar with the software. It's a bit more challenging than I thought to work with after it was originally recommended to me by my production studio in terms of uploading and updating. , but it's better than using YouTube.

Andrea
Andrea
Founder and CEO at PhraseExpander in Italien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Finally an easy way to communicate changes for your video edits

Kommentare: Made it super easy to communicate with video editors.

Once I created my account it was very straightforward to use it. I uploaded the videos and started marking the places where edits are needed and I just sent the link to the editor. Honestly, it couldn't have been easier.

It's really hard to find anything, honestly. It's fast and it just works. The free plan allows me to do what I need.

Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

perfect for our work and easy to use

Kommentare: great to have, but too expensive for the amount of video work we do.

we use it make vids of our building sites - it is easy to use across the team and saves time compared to 'normal' video editing on imac.

though nice to have, the interaction via threads is sometimes more time consuming than chatting via phone.