Saves time! Proper collaboration!

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Travis G.
Senior Instructional Multimedia Designer
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience has been great! I ran out of room in the pros section, but there's so much to like about this site! Exporting comments to your editing program, uploading directly from your editing program, versioning, status, multiple file types handled, great price points, flexibility with team members and collaborators, the list could go on. Definitely a must have for video collaboration!

Vorteile: I love how easy Frame.io makes collaboration! Before I was using it, I was putting a video online, and then getting emails back with unclear timecode stamps, vague requests, and just general confusion with a lot of edits I was trying to make. Or having to schedule time to have an in-person client meeting to go over fairly minor changes. Online collaboration with frame.io cuts down on a lot of the confusion and time needed for meetings. Clients, with very little training, can leave comments right on specific times on the video, and then if still unclear, we can have a conversation right in the comment thread. Being able to draw right on the frame as well and leave that as a comment is a great help in many situations too. Being able to upload multiple file types in the project is super handy for getting files to clients or other assets from them. Folders within the projects help cut down on clutter as well. Frame.io can make it very clear as to what needs attention and what's client approved with their status tags, and sending out to external collaborators who just need to see one or two videos, but not the whole project, is a snap as well. I can even generate a presentation link to send out for captioning as well to keep things simple. When all is said and done, it's nice to be able to house a master version on the project, as well as have frame.io produce various compressed versions for the client to download directly.

Nachteile: Some more features would be great, maybe being able to mark some sub-comments as complete if a client starts loading requests into the thread instead of a new comment. Locking down a file would be great as well, so an editor would know comments can't be added anymore, or a file can't be downloaded. But other than some requests, I have no real major complaints.

A MUST for any production house!

Bewertet am 3.7.2019
Taylor M.
Video Producer
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: If you make video deliverables, you HAVE to try frame.io. It eliminates the endless chains of emails, uploads to YouTube/Vimeo and wastes everyone's time less. I've been dreaming of a platform like this for YEARS and it's finally here. If you have video deliverables, this is a must-have. It's worth every penny in allowing comments, approvals, the actual final clips, members of your and their team, etc to all live in one place. I would never go back to the old way of getting video to clients ever again.

Vorteile: Frame.io makes it so easy to share video assets with clients, departments or whoever you work with. There are just enough features to make it useful, but no so many that people not familiar with video get overwhelmed. It has easy to use video commenting, approvals, viewing and distribution. The Premiere Pro plugin is a game changer. It lets you see the comments, on the timeline, in REAL time as you're scrubbing though the video. I love how you can upload multiple versions of a video (like v1, then v2, v3) and easily see the changes made between the versions. When someone makes a request within a comment for something to be changed, the Premiere Pro plugin lets you put a checkbox on that comment to let the commenter know you saw/made the change. Upload speeds are fast and videos are ready in full quality FASTER (take less time to process) than when uploading to YouTube. You can upload directly from Premiere Pro/Media Encoder... so you can literally finish the edit and just walk away. Your video will encode, upload to frame.io, and send out emails to let everyone know there is a video to watch or approve. The automated email messages to let the client/people involved know that a video has been uploaded, viewed, commented on, etc are also very useful. The interface is pretty. It's a great value too; you get a lot of features for the money.

Nachteile: I can't really think of anything negative. I did have a few issues uploading, but this was when the platform was still relatively new and the

A necessary tool for professional video creators

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Matt A.
Video Producer
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I loved using Frame.io, but after some clients had trouble using it, I moved over to Vimeo Pro. Since then, my clients have had no issue leaving comments. The cost is better, but only slightly.

Vorteile: The concept of this is a no-brainer need for any video producer. Your client leaves comments at time-stamped sections and you are then notified of every note made. You can then reply to the comment or just check it off.
You can "hide" the checked comments which is very helpful if you're going through a long list of notes and need to sift through what has been addressed and what hasn't .

Nachteile: I wasn't able to determine why, but I had about a dozen clients who had a hard time leaving comments. It may have been something to do with the need to log in first, which some clients didn't want to create yet another log-in. Aside from this issue, the cost is a bit high. When you add up all the other subscription software you need from CRMs, Invoicing, Cloud storage, Adobe and about a hundred other things, Frame.io's cost can be difficult to accept, especially after having some clients not even use the system.

Brilliant piece of software.

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Pratheep (pro) T.
Visual Media Specialist

Kommentare: After 4 months in I can finally review it and say and its been an absolute godsend for the feedback process. One of the main issues we were having was collating feedback from multiple clients at once within very tight deadlines and its done a superb job. I thought I would only use this during Post-Production, but has helped at every stage of the process. Here are some notes from my time using it over the past couple of months in a live environment: 1) Just because you have it and love it, doesn't mean your clients have the technical capability to use it (No IE compatibility for instance). I usually write a covering email on directions to use it and does not natively play at the highest resolution unless selected. 2) The Mobile App is probably my favourite feature, and use this on a daily basis when out and about. I make mostly social videos that need sizing for Instagram and Facebook, and being able to upload and view the same file with comments and view it on my phone full screen has saved SO much time, as before that was done using Dropbox/Google drive. 3) The integration within Premier Pro has drastically changed how we operate as a team, in managing changes from the client and delegating certain tasks. Being able to mark the changes as complete keeps everyone in the loop nicely. 4) Allowing the client to download source file on a completed video is a nice little feature that we use often.

Vorteile: Mobile App and Premier Pro Integration have drastically changed my workflow and can feel the productivity gains on a daily basis.

Nachteile: It doesn't automatically play at the highest resolution, and does not give you any metrics as to how long people have watched the video internally but im nit-picking!

Very efficient and useful communication tool

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Nate T.
Motion Desigber
Animation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This has been a fantastic tool and has worked well to streamline our review process. We’ve drastically reduced the number of in-person reviews in favor of sending Frame IO links that clients can check and comment on attheir convenience.

Vorteile: It makes it super easy to send previews of animations and videos to clients. They can make timecode specific comments right in the tool. I can upload updated versions and maintain organization very easily. It’s very convenient and easy to use from both the production side and the client side of things.

Nachteile: It can have problems when uploading large numbers of files at once. Email notifications can get out of hand when there are multiple people making comments.

Frame, quite literally, reinvented my post-production workflow

Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Ben B.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Speed and flexibility to review edited video content from practically anywhere with a internet connection. Frame is remarkably suited to push video collaboration in brand new ways.

Vorteile: Frame provides unrivaled post-production collaboration for video professionals. The ability to make real-time notes on editor's work is game-changing, and the client accessibility is top notch. I cannot fully express how valuable Frame is to our client review process. And the speed of the web-interface is basically magic. We can hardly achieve similar scrub speeds on our workstations. The ludicrous speed, massively flexible feature set, and sheer value-addedness (I know this is not a word, but seriously, just use this software and see how it changes your workflow) make Frame a foundational part of our business.

Best in the Biz

Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Video Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is probably my favorite new software implimented in my company. If you work in video, this is absolitely the program you need. No more printing off edits and no more confusion on what they are looking for.

Vorteile: I love having the ability to either send a client a presentation link or a review link. If I need their feedback, they can leave their comments directly on the time code so that there is ZERO confusion. The ability to draw and write on the frame makes things even easier to clarify. Also major bonus is being able to have Frame.io IN my premiere project, so there's no bouncing back and forth.

Nachteile: I wish there was more storage? But I'm sure you can pay for more.

Streamling video approvals

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Zunaid G.
Co Founder and Content General

Kommentare: It's streamlined internal reviews and feedback really well and allows management to keep an eye on project with varying degrees of involvement.

Vorteile: This software helps take out the guesswork of remote approvals with very accurate and visually appealing review software. It also helps you keep track of multiple versions which often can get confusing

Nachteile: It takes a little bit of figuring out and sometimes clients who can be put off by it because it can look a little overwhelming.

Frame.io for video production

Bewertet am 23.6.2019
Ivana C.
Video Editor
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I like the ability to send links for review and get immediate feedback that I can preview in premiere.

Nachteile: It not easy sometimes to share review links with people outside the team.

Awesome review platform

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using frame.io has been incredibly helpful for our workflow. Quick feedback from clients allows us to turn projects around quickly and collaborate effectively from afar.

Vorteile: Quick feedback is super helpful. For a client to jump into a video and put notes directly on the point in the project where the feedback is needed; that's invaluable.

Nachteile: The hardest part (it's a blessing and a curse) is that everyone can see the feedback, so separating internal/external feedback is important.

Exactly what I need

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Creative Director
Medienproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a great software that I have used as a freelancer and at companies. It is easy to use and exactly what I need for simple review for videos.

Vorteile: The software is fairly easy to use. I use it to keep track of videos being made by myself and my team, and then me and my boss give feedback. It is quick, efficient, and effective.

Nachteile: There are a few features I had to dig around to figure out. Once I did they were great but, weren't initially super straightforward.

Frame is great for small scale video projects and social video producers

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Daniel K.
VP Sales
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've realized faster approvals when our clients engage in the platform. Sometimes they need some onboarding training though.

Vorteile: Simplicity and speed of platform -- and it's better than sending a big file or youtube link.

Nachteile: In the mobile app the screen is off center in the vertical view.

Consider other options before settling with Frame

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Ben A.
Business Owner

Kommentare: I've used frame for about 3 years now as a project manager, creative director, and video editor.

Vorteile: I like that my team can import comments from frame into premiere. I also like that my clients can leave comments themselves if they know how to do it.

Nachteile: I don't like that it's super buggy, difficult to know what you're sharing, and often times customers are confused on how to use it or leave their comments. What was suppose to save me time from tracking emails of feedback and contacting a bunch of people to confirm their feedback has moved to me calling the customer and leaving feedback with them. This can also be achieved with vimeo, and now dropbox and google drive is allowing comments with video marketing—but you cannot import the comments into premiere.

Great for collaboration with other departments

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Ori K.
Freelance Editor
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Frame.io is great for collaborating between different departments of production (Offline editor, sound designer, Online...) and keep all comments in an organized place. Much better then long chains of e-mails where things can easily get lost. It's easy to use and simple to introduce other people to. Upload times are pretty fast which is also important when working on a deadline, and the Frame.io team is pretty receptacle to feedback. All is all very recommended for the types of project that have multiple department collaboration.

Nachteile: I would NOT recommend using frame.io with clients. They somehow either manage to get lost with the interface, or would use it to bombard you with comments since it's so easy to do.
With clients I'll stick to regular e-mails, trust me.

A web app for collaboration in video creation process that will save you a lots of time

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The best thing they have is the integration with Adobe Premiere, which makes it easy to show the videos in progress to my teammates and clients without having to waste time exporting and uploading to other platforms. I can receive the feedback directly and keep working. Not to mention how easy it is to integrate with the folders on our mac to make the workflow even easier.

Nachteile: Relmente is a great application, very robust and safe, that will surely fulfill all the needs and expectations that you have. In our case we do not continue using it for the prices and the price structure. Being a relatively small company we can not maintain the cost of the investment, even when the results are fantastic.

Makes communication easier

Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Michael L.
Senior VFX artist
Animation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really enjoy the comments feature.
I removes a lot of misunderstandings from clients and saves time.

Nachteile: Sometimes it bugs a bit when you have too many files in one folder.

Great for remote creative teams or outsourced videos

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Maria C.
Online Content Production Adviser
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: - It's quite easy to use, so perfect if you need somebody who is not "in the field" to review the video and add their comments.
- you can stop the video and add notes and comments on that specific time, and others can comment on your note. It makes much easier to keep track of all requests/changes/comments, without going back and forth endless mail threads.
- it can be integrated with Adobe Premiere.
- Cloud-based, so you can review your videos from literally everywhere.

Nachteile: - The email notification system can be improved.
- Sometimes the comments take a while to appear to other users, which can force you to move the conversation elsewhere if you're in a hurry.

Fantastic video workflow collaboration tool

Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Michal O.
Fotografie

Kommentare: Frame.io is a superb collaboration tool. With the recent release of their Adobe Premiere (and FCPX) in-app plug-ins, it's an absolute blast to use. It allows you to share your work instantly with collaborators and allows them input, which lands seamlessly on your timeline as comments. As a film-maker, I use this tool on almost all projects and everyone I work with is always impressed with its ease of use and features. Highly recommended.

Vorteile: Fast, cloud-based and feature-rich

Nachteile: entry level pricing competitive, but a bit high for very small video-makers.

von Frame.io an 5.1.2017

Glad you're enjoying it Mike. We've much more to come. Stay tuned!

One of our go-to video sharing softwares, but surprisingly difficult to navigate

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Director of Development & Production, Mic Productions
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: There's a lot of promise here, but I really need a tutorial.

Vorteile: The single best feature of Frame.io is the ability for reviewers to leave time-coded notes on the project, simply by commenting at the moment they are trying to note. This feature saves us so much time in post, as people typically are off on their time codes when giving in notes. It has all of the features I'd want in a video-sharing site, like password protection. And I like that you can create essentially custom pages for projects to live (as opposed to old school Vimeo).

Nachteile: Honestly, I found this software to be confusing. There are a lot of bells and whistles to pull and prod, but without someone physically teaching me the software, I couldn't figure it out. My company doesn't have precious time to waste on boarding people onto new software, so I found using Frame.io to be more trouble than it was worth. It was almost like trying to learn Premiere on my own -- there are so many things I could do with the software, but I physically could not figure out how to use it on my own.

This product has become a crucial part of our workflow .

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Adam M.

Vorteile: I love that it integrates directly with Adobe Premier Pro. They are constantly updating features and quick to listen to the feedback of users

Nachteile: It still seems as though there are server issues at times when trying to upload projects. I have also noticed a time lag from when clients say they make notes and when I see them .

Great place to upload videos for team member comments

Bewertet am 12.1.2019
Music Teacher
Musik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The interface is so clean. There is a lot to love about this product, but my favorite has to be the ease of use. I can upload a video, which takes only minutes compared to a lot longer on other platforms, and my team members can comment on the video. They can even tag a specific frame with their comment, and I can play the frame right from the comment. I love that I can view 2 versions of a video at the same time, so I can see what changes were made.

Nachteile: Not a whole lot I don’t like, the team sends way too many emails so watch out when signing up for the email newsletters.

Use Frame.IO for client review postings when client needs to make comments at specific timecodes

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
Mike G.
Editor
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Adobe Premiere integration is the main selling point to me for this client review platform

Vorteile: Been using Frame IO for some projects that are more in depth. These are projects where the client is working remotely exclusively and needs to make notes on specific frames for revisions. The integration into Premiere has been fantastic to make notes into markers right into the sequence.

Nachteile: I am not a huge fan that the client needs to make an account to take advantage of all of the interesting review features. I would love it if it was possible to let clients just type their name in before they start making comments, and can just send a single link to all people. Anything to make the review process less of a hassle (no need to make an account or remember a password) would make this easier for clients to use. That said, once a client has an account set up it is really easy for them to use, just getting over that initial hump of the first review posting can be a challenge.

frame.io

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Motion Graphics Designer
Animation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using frame.io has been great for sharing content for approvals. The ability to give a client one link, and being able to control the look and functionality of said link is essential. I wish they had a more intuitive UI or a tutorial video for some functionality early on.

Vorteile: One easy source to share and version animations and videos.
Quickly send links to individual files, multiple files, in either a review format, or presentation.
Encodes multiple codecs for previews.

Nachteile: A bit expensive, but ultimately worth it.
There is a little bit of a learning curve as to how to arrange the order of your videos.

Frame has expedited our video editing process

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Kalyn H.
WMU Graduate Ambassador
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is so simple to engage with viewers and gather feedback regarding videos, new people only need to enter their name to make comments with requires minimal effort on their end!

Nachteile: I don't have any complaints about frame, we love this software!

Makes Team Video Collaboration Easy

Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Scott F.
Social Marketing Strategist
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Video collaboration before frame.io was a much bigger job requiring unnecessary meetings and more to get a video approved. Now, the whole process is digital. It's about time—and by that I mean, you will save time using this. Do yourself a favor and take the plunge. You won't regret it, and your team will thank you for simplifying their lives and work.

Vorteile: Our company does so much video work, and it's essential we have the ability to collaborate. Frame.io made this process easy and gave us records of people's feedback and approvals on videos. This gave us much needed structure and a written feedback loop on video projects. If you are in the media world, you need this.

Nachteile: Not much I didn't like about frame.io. Super easy to use. A few of the buttons could be more obvious once inside the site as when you scroll over them, they don't appear clickable, but actually are when you double click. Other than that, stellar experience so far.