Über Frame.io

Mit Frame.io-Videokollaboration kannst du Medien privat hochladen, überprüfen und mit deinem gesamten Team teilen.

Erfahre mehr über Frame.io

We use it make vids of our building sites - it is easy to use across the team and saves time compared to 'normal' video editing on imac.

My company doesn't have precious time to waste on boarding people onto new software, so I found using Frame.io to be more trouble than it was worth.

Bewertungen zu Frame.io

Frame.io hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 76 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Frame.io bereits verwendet?

Drew B

Pratheep (Pro)
Pratheep (Pro)
Visual Media Specialist in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Brilliant piece of software.

Kommentare: After 4 months in I can finally review it and say and its been an absolute godsend for the feedback process. One of the main issues we were having was collating feedback from multiple clients at once within very tight deadlines and its done a superb job. I thought I would only use this during Post-Production, but has helped at every stage of the process. Here are some notes from my time using it over the past couple of months in a live environment: 1) Just because you have it and love it, doesn't mean your clients have the technical capability to use it (No IE compatibility for instance). I usually write a covering email on directions to use it and does not natively play at the highest resolution unless selected. 2) The Mobile App is probably my favourite feature, and use this on a daily basis when out and about. I make mostly social videos that need sizing for Instagram and Facebook, and being able to upload and view the same file with comments and view it on my phone full screen has saved SO much time, as before that was done using Dropbox/Google drive. 3) The integration within Premier Pro has drastically changed how we operate as a team, in managing changes from the client and delegating certain tasks. Being able to mark the changes as complete keeps everyone in the loop nicely. 4) Allowing the client to download source file on a completed video is a nice little feature that we use often.

Mobile App and Premier Pro Integration have drastically changed my workflow and can feel the productivity gains on a daily basis.

It doesn't automatically play at the highest resolution, and does not give you any metrics as to how long people have watched the video internally but im nit-picking!

Game Changer for Video Editors

Frame.io is an incredible resource for video production teams. Team members can upload videos to the Frame.io website, and whoever needs to review the video is able to leave comments at specific times throughout the video. No more manual lists of timecodes and notes, or guessing which part of the video a reviewer may be giving a note on. Videos can also be uploaded to Frame.io to be shared as presentations for clients, or viewers outside of a given team, and the page they view is customizable. You can choose background color, text color for the title of the video, and even the thumbnail you'd like to appear on the screen when the reviewer opens the video's link. The ability to "stack" or "layer" updated versions of the same video is useful and unique to Frame.io as well. You'll always be able to view the genesis of a given video, from its first version to its final version (as long as you don't delete past versions). Frame.io has massively increased our team's efficiency, and streamlined communication regarding all of our video deliverables.

The only area that still needs improvement is with the desktop app version of Frame.io. The app only allows for uploads and downloads of files - you cannot leave timecoded comments, play videos for review, or layer video versions on top of one another. I always prefer to use the desktop version of any application I use, but the Frame.io desktop app is lacking in its current form.

Ben
Ben
Business Owner in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Consider other options before settling with Frame

Kommentare: I've used frame for about 3 years now as a project manager, creative director, and video editor.

I like that my team can import comments from frame into premiere. I also like that my clients can leave comments themselves if they know how to do it.

I don't like that it's super buggy, difficult to know what you're sharing, and often times customers are confused on how to use it or leave their comments. What was suppose to save me time from tracking emails of feedback and contacting a bunch of people to confirm their feedback has moved to me calling the customer and leaving feedback with them. This can also be achieved with vimeo, and now dropbox and google drive is allowing comments with video marketing—but you cannot import the comments into premiere.

Christopher
Video Producer in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Finally a video project manager that makes sense

Kommentare: Overall it's been great. I'm hoping they can fix the current bug.

I love that my team members and clients can give frame specific feedback on video reviews. This ability has been great because I can more easily "force" clients to only give specific, actionable feedback by funneling them to Frame.io as our only place for revision communication. This has greatly reduced the vague emails and phone calls. Client: "uhhh, it kinda feels a little slow in the middle". Now I can reply, "Ok, can you point out specifically when and where it feels slow?" This has also made me become a better producer/director because that same limitation applies to me. It forces me to only give specific and actionable feedback to my team members, which makes the editing process more efficient and forces me to be more decisive in my feedback given.

Currently there is a bug for the past few months where when I send a link to a client Frame.io asks them to create an account after they click the link. It didn't used to do this, it simply required them to put in their email address once and then go straight to reviewing. This has caused several headaches on recent projects.

matt
matt
Video Producer in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

A necessary tool for professional video creators

Kommentare: I loved using Frame.io, but after some clients had trouble using it, I moved over to Vimeo Pro. Since then, my clients have had no issue leaving comments. The cost is better, but only slightly.

The concept of this is a no-brainer need for any video producer. Your client leaves comments at time-stamped sections and you are then notified of every note made. You can then reply to the comment or just check it off. You can "hide" the checked comments which is very helpful if you're going through a long list of notes and need to sift through what has been addressed and what hasn't .

I wasn't able to determine why, but I had about a dozen clients who had a hard time leaving comments. It may have been something to do with the need to log in first, which some clients didn't want to create yet another log-in. Aside from this issue, the cost is a bit high. When you add up all the other subscription software you need from CRMs, Invoicing, Cloud storage, Adobe and about a hundred other things, Frame.io's cost can be difficult to accept, especially after having some clients not even use the system.

Davide
Creator in Italien
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Especially useful to better understand customer changes

Very useful to get quick and accurate feedback on the video without having to use services not created for this, thanks to the possibility of commenting and uploading different versions always at the same link makes it very easy to share with people even those not in the trade

I find the option to download the video poorly signposted and often have to remember to click the

Travis
Travis
Senior Instructional Multimedia Designer in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Saves time! Proper collaboration!

Kommentare: Overall experience has been great! I ran out of room in the pros section, but there's so much to like about this site! Exporting comments to your editing program, uploading directly from your editing program, versioning, status, multiple file types handled, great price points, flexibility with team members and collaborators, the list could go on. Definitely a must have for video collaboration!

I love how easy Frame.io makes collaboration! Before I was using it, I was putting a video online, and then getting emails back with unclear timecode stamps, vague requests, and just general confusion with a lot of edits I was trying to make. Or having to schedule time to have an in-person client meeting to go over fairly minor changes. Online collaboration with frame.io cuts down on a lot of the confusion and time needed for meetings. Clients, with very little training, can leave comments right on specific times on the video, and then if still unclear, we can have a conversation right in the comment thread. Being able to draw right on the frame as well and leave that as a comment is a great help in many situations too. Being able to upload multiple file types in the project is super handy for getting files to clients or other assets from them. Folders within the projects help cut down on clutter as well. Frame.io can make it very clear as to what needs attention and what's client approved with their status tags, and sending out to external collaborators who just need to see one or two videos, but not the whole project, is a snap as well. I can even generate a presentation link to send out for captioning as well to keep things simple. When all is said and done, it's nice to be able to house a master version on the project, as well as have frame.io produce various compressed versions for the client to download directly.

Some more features would be great, maybe being able to mark some sub-comments as complete if a client starts loading requests into the thread instead of a new comment. Locking down a file would be great as well, so an editor would know comments can't be added anymore, or a file can't be downloaded. But other than some requests, I have no real major complaints.

Zunaid
Zunaid
Co Founder and Content General in Südafrika
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Streamling video approvals

Kommentare: It's streamlined internal reviews and feedback really well and allows management to keep an eye on project with varying degrees of involvement.

This software helps take out the guesswork of remote approvals with very accurate and visually appealing review software. It also helps you keep track of multiple versions which often can get confusing

It takes a little bit of figuring out and sometimes clients who can be put off by it because it can look a little overwhelming.

Angus
Angus
Director in Australien
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great platform for reviewing video

Kommentare: Great overall platform for receiving client feedback on projects and also for archiving past projects.

Great for getting client feedback. The commenting system is great for getting precise feedback on certain parts of the video. The integration with Adobe Premiere is also very good and streamlines the post production workflow.

Would be great if it didn't cost so much to add additional seats/users

Marcos
Marcos
Production and Content Director in Venezuela
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A web app for collaboration in video creation process that will save you a lots of time

The best thing they have is the integration with Adobe Premiere, which makes it easy to show the videos in progress to my teammates and clients without having to waste time exporting and uploading to other platforms. I can receive the feedback directly and keep working. Not to mention how easy it is to integrate with the folders on our mac to make the workflow even easier.

Relmente is a great application, very robust and safe, that will surely fulfill all the needs and expectations that you have. In our case we do not continue using it for the prices and the price structure. Being a relatively small company we can not maintain the cost of the investment, even when the results are fantastic.

Ivana
Video Editor in USA

Frame.io for video production

I like the ability to send links for review and get immediate feedback that I can preview in premiere.

It not easy sometimes to share review links with people outside the team.

Emily
Video editor in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Mixed feelings

I loved working with Frame.io when I worked for a production company. It was a great way to get the videos I edited to other team members or clients for notes. When I started my own editing company it didnt have all the features I wanted... ultimately I was able to find another company that had everything Frame.io had, plus all the features I was seeking, and all for a lower cost than frame.io.

Overall, I would recommend frame.io for those just needing notes on their videos. But if you need more, I would look elsewhere.

Michal
UK
Fotografie

Fantastic video workflow collaboration tool

Kommentare: Frame.io is a superb collaboration tool. With the recent release of their Adobe Premiere (and FCPX) in-app plug-ins, it's an absolute blast to use. It allows you to share your work instantly with collaborators and allows them input, which lands seamlessly on your timeline as comments. As a film-maker, I use this tool on almost all projects and everyone I work with is always impressed with its ease of use and features. Highly recommended.

Fast, cloud-based and feature-rich

entry level pricing competitive, but a bit high for very small video-makers.

Antwort von Adobe

Glad you're enjoying it Mike. We've much more to come. Stay tuned!

Mike
Editor in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Use Frame.IO for client review postings when client needs to make comments at specific timecodes

Kommentare: The Adobe Premiere integration is the main selling point to me for this client review platform

Been using Frame IO for some projects that are more in depth. These are projects where the client is working remotely exclusively and needs to make notes on specific frames for revisions. The integration into Premiere has been fantastic to make notes into markers right into the sequence.

I am not a huge fan that the client needs to make an account to take advantage of all of the interesting review features. I would love it if it was possible to let clients just type their name in before they start making comments, and can just send a single link to all people. Anything to make the review process less of a hassle (no need to make an account or remember a password) would make this easier for clients to use. That said, once a client has an account set up it is really easy for them to use, just getting over that initial hump of the first review posting can be a challenge.

Scott
Scott
Social Marketing Strategist in USA
Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Makes Team Video Collaboration Easy

Kommentare: Video collaboration before frame.io was a much bigger job requiring unnecessary meetings and more to get a video approved. Now, the whole process is digital. It's about time—and by that I mean, you will save time using this. Do yourself a favor and take the plunge. You won't regret it, and your team will thank you for simplifying their lives and work.

Our company does so much video work, and it's essential we have the ability to collaborate. Frame.io made this process easy and gave us records of people's feedback and approvals on videos. This gave us much needed structure and a written feedback loop on video projects. If you are in the media world, you need this.

Not much I didn't like about frame.io. Super easy to use. A few of the buttons could be more obvious once inside the site as when you scroll over them, they don't appear clickable, but actually are when you double click. Other than that, stellar experience so far.

Great software for Video Production remote teams

Kommentare: Great tool!

Frame.io is the best service for Video Production teams, especially remotely teams. It allow us to have a fast feedback from our customers, and also have a better understanding of client thoughts

Not the best pricing packages list. Will be great to have a little bit more flexibility.

Mayur
Mayur
Content Writer in Indien
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ideal tool to review videos

Kommentare: Till date, my overall experience with Frame.io is really good as it supports different formats and also supports photo RAW.

I like its compatibility with different video platforms. It nearly imports every video format and that's the reason I frequently use this tool to process a variety of video formats.

I didn't find any cons except the version comments, which get invisible in the dual-screen preview.

Medienproduktion

A great solution for video editing

I would compare Frame.io to Google Docs where you can edit videos and media content with your co-workers online. You'll see a boost to productivity and cooperation.

The pricing may be a deterrence for you wanting to purchase the software. Like many other platforms, you will have to pay a premium fee which might not be too attractive.

yas
Brand and Marketing Manager in Australien
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ok for collaboration but I found a more intuitive and comprehensive alternative

I was invited to use it by the video editor and it was mostly simple to use for a newby.

I found the markup app more comprehensive and more intuitive to use. The function for versions was also a bit hidden, it took me some time to notice the drop-down for versions. Also, I went around in circles a bittrying to edit a comment. But then, I am no pro, so I might just not have used it properly.

Unterhaltungselektronik, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent collaboration tool for clients

Kommentare: I have had a great experience working with this software and would recommend it to both producers and clients.

Speaking from the client side of things this is a great tool. It allows for several parties to all access the newest versions of each edit and provide feedback and timeline specific notes. It has been great in each collaboration we have done with our producers. I would highly recommend it.

Version history can get a little confusing.

Shannon
CCO in USA

Great for Remote Projects/Video Project Management

Kommentare: 4/5

The timecode and comment tracking is super helpful, probably the most helpful too. I always ask clients to timecode their edits for me so I can work faster and effectively. This lets them track comments with me and it's as if we are working closely together.

It's a bit hard to navigate at first. Icons are very small. It's not great for clients who are not tech savvy, but really great for those who are.

Rundfunkmedien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great way to share working progress

I can receive clients feedback and upload different versions

I really like it and for my use, it is great

Kino & Film, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Frame.io for Filmmakers

Kommentare: It is intuitive, priced well, and makes it extremely easy to manage multiple projects with team members.

This product makes it extremely easy to navigate long distance project post-production.

The mobile site is a little difficult to navigate if you need to manage account settings.

Phil
Photographer in USA
Fotografie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A groundbreaking collaboration solution

Frame.io is a groundbreaking solution to collaborate on video content creation.

The storage can be limiting but not a dealbreaker.

Jacob
Medical Researcher in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

So straight forward

It as made collaboration seamless when working with content editing

Its download features are limited for new users