My likes and dislikes of MobileCause

Sharon C.
Director of Annual Giving
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I'd say that MobileCause really needs to step up the "stewardship" aspect of the platform. It is great for fundraisers to sign up and use to communicate with their family and friends. But once a donor gives, I'd say the experience is lacking, and has required a lot of work on our end to figure out things that should be standard for a smooth donor experience.

Vorteile: MobileCause is great for the user experience with crowdfunding. Our college students love working with the platform and have exceeded their past mail-based fundraising campaign totals. Setting up campaigns and activities is also pretty straightforward and simple.

Nachteile: Figuring out how to best structure campaigns is difficult and was not clearly articulated in the onboarding process. There is not option to have different activity receipts go to different administrators. You can choose to have all receipts go to one extra admin email, otherwise you don't see what the donor/registrant receives. Receipts also don't list out all a donor's choices on a giving form. You need to add variable fields to the email to help accomplish this. However, if you ever change your form (rename a field, add or remove fields) donors set on recurring gifts no longer have receipts that show their information. There also isn't clear communication about upcoming recurring gifts for donors who sign up through an online form, rather than on their phone.

A great start and very personal support for small nonprofit

Bewertet am 15.12.2018
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the experience has been quite positive. I appreciate how easy it is to make campaigns and keywords for specific activities. I wish I knew at the beginning what I know now because our dashboard would be cleaner, but it is still much more functional than what we had before.

Vorteile: I love the pricing structure for Mobile Cause compared to others that have hidden fees and only get more and more expensive as the organization and donor foundation grows. I also really appreciate the customer service...very quick and very personal. I don't feel like a number, and I also feel like they listen to feedback and develop products and improvements accordingly.

Nachteile: The learning curve was steep when we first began with Mobile Cause. Now that I understand it, I can do lots of different things, but it's difficult to delegate to others because it's not always intuitive. The ease of use has improved over time, though. I'm also thankful for the integration and development they're working on with regards to reports and use of forms for different activities. We have donors in another country that is not supported by Mobile Cause now, so that remains a hurdle we have to fix.

MobileCause puts YOU first

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Matthew H.
CLUB1040 Missionary Lebanon Launch Team Leader
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: MobileCause became a component of our growth. Organizationally, we see MobileCause keywords now as hallmarks for our own milestones and achievements. Because MobileCause made funds processing and reporting so easy, we have been able to focus our energy and effort on building partner support rather than bogging down in administrative tasks. I can't recommend MobileCause highly enough.

Vorteile: The SERVICE. All the features are great. The forms and reports are easy to use. They are highly customizable so you can run multiple campaigns as well as maintain branding standards. But, by far, the best thing about MobileCause is their service. Whether you call or email - you reach a person AND that person helps get you an answer and resolution.

Nachteile: I would like to have an option for users to administer their own monthly gifts via a login process - a feature that is currently in development.

Walk-a-thon

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Daryl R.
Special Events Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In the end, the software worked well.. no real glitches. The support team and my Customer Success Manager listened to me and was able to create exactly what I needed. I only wish there was a little more flexability in the terminolgy on the actual pages. Not all users understand fundraising lingo, some of which is not changable in the design.

Vorteile: I worked with a Customer Success Manager to design my pages for our annual walk-a-thon. I wanted to improve our site to be simplier for the user to navigate. She listened to me and designed a site which included everything I asked for resulting in a simplier, easier way for my walk participates to sign-up, join a team and fundraise.

Nachteile: As someone who has little time and patience for designing pages, I found navitgating this part too time consuming for me. I ended up paying for someone at Mobile Cause to design.

Director of Development

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Demphna K.
Director of Development
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While we truly enjoy the functionality of the product, we would like to have additional support with the onboarding process and continued tech support.

Vorteile: Mobile Cause is great at integration with our database. When a donor gives through our website, Mobile Cause immediately adds that info to our database--takes a step out of our data input process, saving time and money.

Nachteile: It is VERY difficult to get assistance. When we have an issue, they are not easy to work with to resolve. Additionally, they do not issue invoices or receipts for charges causing problems for our auditors.

von MobileCause an 20.6.2019

Thank you, Demphna, for taking the time to provide your feedback on MobileCause. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the functionality of our fundraising software. We are disheartened to hear you found getting support from our Customer Success team difficult. We pride ourselves on our commitment to customer support. We will be reaching out to you to learn more about your experience so we can ensure your experience isn't replicated. Please know your experience with MobileCause support is the exception and we hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate to you the typical high standards our customers receive.

Gift Intake Manager

Allyyssa K.
Gift Intake Manager
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I have been using MobileCause for a couple of years and it has been a good time. I enjoy being able to customize our giving page, setting up campaigns for various events, and the growth. I would suggest Mobile Cause to various companies that fundraise.

Vorteile: The ability to customize the giving page for our donors and monitoring the analytics. In addition, Mobile Cause is a fun software to use for fundraising, from its text to donate to its reoccurring donations features.

Nachteile: The least feature that I like about the Mobile Cause software is the interaction for the donors. I suggest allowing the donor to make a profile on the website, allowing them to have some involvement on the website.

Useful Program With Various Benefits

Kristine P.
Development Coordinator
Fundraising, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I recommend this software. It is aesthetically pleasing, customize-able enough to make it feel your own, and the forms have some great features (like calculations, drop down menus, and giving the donor the option to pay the service fee. Whenever I was massively confused or had complicated questions, the staff was always there to either walk me through it or completely resolve the issue for me. Big thank you to our account manager,

Vorteile: I like the ability to run multiple campaigns with multiple forms at the same time. I like the various functions available within forms. I love the customer service.

Nachteile: The crowdfunding function is still very confusing, both as the administrator and for users. There are some limitations on what information is made available to each group that has caused some disappointment. I have taken all four training courses and there are still some things that I have learned through trial and error or from just clicking around and getting a spark of clarity.

Great Customer Service

David clark M.
Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great people. Great product.

Vorteile: I think it is easy to use. The developers listen to suggestions about features and are obviously customer driven. The customer service responses are polite, prompt and get me the information I need to move forward. I often get responses from the same people call after call, and that helps me know I can trust MobileCause. I also like the new visualized monthly breakdowns.

Nachteile: Some of the customer information can't be edited without the help of customer support which is hard when a client updates their contact information.

I would recommend MobileCause

Marc B.
Assistant Scout Executive
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: MobileCause has allowed us to reach donors where they are. Writing checks is no longer a barrier to giving. Recurring giving is very easy. In the last five years, the platform has been ever-evolving, always improving releasing the latest features to stay ahead of the competition. Customer service is very responsive and open to suggestions. Forms are intuitive and very easy to customize for any purpose.

Vorteile: Very easy to use, intuitive, responsive customer service

Nachteile: For recurring gifts, donors are notified when credit cards expire, but the admin for the nonprofit is not notified until after the fact. Would be helpful for nonprofit to know earlier.

A Sleek, User Friendly and Modern Fundraising Platform

Senior Manager, Advocacy
Regierungsbeziehungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We have really enjoyed using MobileCause for the ease of use and the simple to learn functionality. The Text to Donate and Peer-to-Peer fundraising tools have helped us modernize and expand our fundraising activities. The option to have donors cover the credit card processing fee is great and in our experience, most donors have chosen to do so, saving us on operating costs. The customer service has been stellar and the numerous packages make it easy to find a good fit for our organization.

Nachteile: The only downside I have found is that the automated email notifications I receive when a donation is made are too generic and don't contain all the information I need to see at a glance, so I find myself logging in to pull reports to find that information. It is certainly not a deal breaker, but it adds an extra step which would be nice to eliminate.

My MobileCause Experience

Sheryl H.
Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It’s been helpful for our process. I still feel it’s a bit expensive but I do see additional features constantly being added and that has made me feel better about the cost

Vorteile: I like the ease of running reports and that we can connect our PayPal as an option to our donation page. Also allowing recurring donations & changing those is a plus.

Nachteile: Setting up forms for our particular use has not always been easy. And it depends on the rep you get. Some are very helpful while others sometimes make you feel like you should know how to do what they do all day, everyday

MobileCause is User Friendly for Non-Profits

Lindsey G.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to apply more outreach through the upgraded text messaging ability. We also are able to easily pull CSV reports from fundraising campaigns and are now syncing it with Salesforce.

Vorteile: I loved the easiness of creating campaigns and visual aids that helped us with various fundraising opportunities. The functionality of being able to incorporate text messaging with goal thermometers and easy-to-use personalization were amazing.

Nachteile: Sometimes it's a little hard to find where particular forms or data entry spots are, but once you do it's fine.

We LOVE MobileCause!

Candice W.
Events Coordinator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Super pleased! The customer service and level of care we've received since day one has been stellar. We look forward to using the platform and seeing more successful results in our campaigns in the coming future. Thank you!

Vorteile: We have been happy customers for almost one year and can't imagine using another platform for all of our fundraising needs. MobileCause offers easy-to-use and create forms, fundraising crowdfunding pages, and event ticket & registration forms - of which we use ALL of these services! Our favorite was the dynamic fundraising thermometer we used for our gala last Spring that allowed donors to see their donations and messages in real time, and garnered excitement and encouragement for more donations that eventually led us to EXCEEDING our goal that evening!

Nachteile: It would be great if MobileCause offered a simple landing page website template (unlike the one you use for Crowdfunding) for events so all is consistent for ticketing and registration, and could include sponsorship pages (where sponsors can select their level and it is auto-tallied on the donation form, along with any tickets purchased), general info, and a page for the donation form.

A good tool in your belt

Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Julia F.
Director of Operations
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the MobileCause features help to keep our donors engaged and look nice on our website and at events. It’s a nice tool to have in our development aresenal.

Vorteile: The customer support has been excellent, they are willing to help problem solve and discuss our issues, even if there is not yet a solution.

Nachteile: MobileCause still doesn’t fit all of our needs, as far as capturing registration information in an easily reportable manner, and the customizations are a little too difficult for most staff to manage.

Best Bang for Our Buck

Jim C.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Releasing a simple to follow Text-to-Give solution at our event this year allowed us to raise more than $32,000 in pledges in approximately 8 minutes. Our stated goal of $25,000 was reached in less time but momentum was so strong that we exceeded the minimum goal announced.

Vorteile: Two things were very successful for us, 1) having an ongoing transaction structure for donors to give online and 2) an easy to execute Text-to-Give option for our event

Nachteile: Not certain I have a good response to this because The Joseph Fund of Camden has not spend a lot of time gleaning analytic data on usage and utilization like we need to. Hoping The Joseph Fund will be able to do more moving forward.

Pros and Cons

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Syed M.
Analyst
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Bold and easy to navigate options. Strong customer service although at times it feels like they are really good listeners but not so good that executing on the requests.

Nachteile: Lack to features;
facebook pixel integration
desktop layout vs. mobile design (currently it only offers mobile design forced for desktop users too. Seems most of the space is wasted.
Customization over check out pages and post check out redirect
Ability to custom cross sell

Best product for the cost

Manager, Chico State Fund
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed an effective and efficient system for collecting funds and running crowd-funding campaigns. We have been very successful in using this platform for this purpose. The ease of use allowed us to respond to needs arising from the recent Camp Fire immediately.

Vorteile: This product is relatively easy to use. The price is very reasonable. Customer support is competent and effective. We have been able to raise a great deal of money on this platform.

Nachteile: Not as many bells and whistles as other products that cost significantly more. The number of outgoing texts allowed is insufficient and we have to expend additional fund to use outgoing texts as we want to.

Easy to set up, easy to use

Chanel d. N.
Director of Annual Giving
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It allows us to reach donors we wouldn't ordinarily reach by allowing users to be fundraisers and spread the word (or campaign) to their networks. Their customer service is always fast, friendly, and very helpful.

Vorteile: Ease of use. You can create attractive looking campaign pages quickly and easily. It's also easy for users to donate AND to invite their friends to support as well. Great for crowdfunding. Easy to share on social media.

Nachteile: None at this time. I wish the software talked directly to our database but although it doesn't it utilizes Authorize.net as the processor which is our normal processor so it's still convenient.

POV user

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Laureen O.
Manager of Donor Engagement
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I joined this organization in May and immediately had to create campaigns. Thankfully the user interface is very easy because I self taught very quickly due to the help pages and your really awesome customer service!

Vorteile: I like the reporting functionality, the new insights preview homepage, but wish it was a more robust function.

Nachteile: It's not easy to clean up campaigns - so many unused codes...
There should be more functionality added to campaign activities (like recurring donations should have an amount limit or ticketing events could be easier). I also would like to see more control on the back-end. For instance, a donor wants us to to change recurring donation from $50 to $100, we cannot and therefore risk losing the donor due to their inability to navigate the change themselves.

Agility and ease

Devon S.
Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Fundraising, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: MobileCause allows our organization to create specialized donation forms for giving campaigns and unique project efforts. We get real-time results and the accounting/receipting process is easy. We also use the sms subscriptions to stay in touch with our constituents.

Vorteile: MobileCause allows us to design donation forms that work seamlessly across all web browsers, desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.

Nachteile: As a large organization with many funds, the system doesn’t allow conditional drop-down menus (yet!) but I have made requests in the past, such as needing a form-cloning feature, and the developers made it happen, so I’m hopeful.

Quality software, constantly making pain points better

Jon P.
Development Officer
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simple and easy way to accept gifts. Form always looks nice and clean on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.

Vorteile: The ease of use for the client/donor side. It is simple to go on and make an easy gift.

Nachteile: The RSVP forms are sometimes difficult to configure in the way we want them. Also, not allowing a login for donors to see their consolidated giving, get access to tax receipts, etc. is a feature we would like to see.

Great company with awesome customer service

Director of Communications
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Customer service at MobileCause is absolutely fantastic. Whenever I've had questions or issues, I just give them a call and they walk me through trying to fix it. They've also made some pretty good updates throughout the years. Overall, we're satisfied!

Nachteile: One thing I don't love is that MobileCause doesn't offer an esasy givingform that can be embedded on a webpage.

Honest Review

Lindsay F.
Campaign Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very thankful for the customer service at MobileCause. We were able to set up one on one discussions and trainings so that we can get the most out of the service.

Vorteile: I appreciate the versatility of the software and the ability to customize it.

Nachteile: If I have to say anything negative it is that there is so many things you can do with mobile cause that sometimes it can be overwhelming to decide what to do first.

Easy to use, but there a few things I could change!

Mobilization and Logistics Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we got MobileCause so that we could use the thermometer and text to give function. We are also using this to process credit card donations on our website.

Vorteile: I really like that its fairly easy to use and that you can text to give and see the back end of the account.

Nachteile: I don't like that you can't pick the specific date to start a recurring payment and sometimes the forms are hard to navigate

Fundraising with MobileCause

Abe Y.
Director Of Finance And Operations
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, we’ve had a positive experience using MobileCause. It’s a great solution if you have limited experience creating and running fundraising campaigns.

Vorteile: MobileCause makes it easy to create and run donation campaigns, accept donations, and to track and measure success of specific efforts.

Nachteile: Occasionally we experience difficulties in performing donor searches and in making refunds.