Bookkeeping/Accounting Dream Come True

Bewertet am 11.8.2019
Thomas L.
Board Member
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a great program they have put together. Easy for you to add other Administrators for oversight. I think MM is awesome. The Staff is awesome. Thank You very much for everything Money Minder. Keep up the good work. I know MM will continue to only get better.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Easy to understand and navigate, web based, no software to buy or programs to download. Magnificent Support Service, no complicated phone directory to navigate, pleasant, knowledgeable staff that answer the calls. They are wonderful with email or Phone support for any problems, concerns or questions you have.
I had never done Bookkeeping or Accounting work but they were super patient getting me set up and going.
Once you get set up its amazing too, as one Support person said, "Watch the Magic happen" when it all clicks and you can see what you can do. It all works harmoniously. I was very impressed and continue to be impressed every day. Lots of different reports can be generated as well.
They recently added Bank Integration availability that will make things easier then ever if that's an add on you want.

Nachteile: I asked them to investigate a way to make the Treasurer Report shorter, not so many lines.
Being used for less than a year so there still is a bit of a learning curve yet.

MoneyMinder is the best!

Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Susan H.
treasurer
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a volunteer treasurer without any experience in bookkeeping or in using money management software like quick books or even excel. I was intimidated by the idea of having to learn how to use a software program in order to fulfull my responsibilities. But MoneyMinder is incredibly intuitive, and entirely glitch-free. It makes my job ridiculously easy. I really cannot say enough good things about it. And when I do have questions, I love that I can call the office and talk to a real human being who can see my screen in real time and walk me through whatever the solution to my problem is, with kindness and a great sense of humor. I'm a very happy customer and recommend MoneyMinder to people constantly!

Vorteile: MoneyMinder is the most intuitive and helpful computer application I have ever used. I really cannot overstate how critical MoneyMinder has been to my effectiveness in my role as treasurer in my nonprofit. I am not someone who tends to gravitate towards new technology and I found MoneyMinder extremely easy to learn. The customer support is unparalleled - every time I call or email I receive help immediately from staff who are kind, nonjudgmental, and really knowledgeable. I appreciate that it is all web based so that I do not have to download programs or store information on my own computer.

Nachteile: Honestly I don't love the upgrade to MoneyMinder 2.0. There are a few features I'd grown to really appreciate that no longer exist in the new version. It's not a big deal, but If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have converted to the upgraded version.

von NonProfitCentral an 14.3.2019

Thanks for your review Susan. Would you care to share the features that you're "not loving" in v2? We'd love to address that, as we want you to be deliriously happy with v2. :)

Awesome Financial Software for PTOs!!!

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Cynthia L.
PTO Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: MoneyMinder is a game changer. Great tools, awesome support. Using this software would give any treasurer the confidence to operate a successful PTO.

Vorteile: This is an amazingly easy-to-use software that has allowed me as treasurer to keep up with the growing rate of business under which our PTO now operates. Previously, our PTO used an excel spreadsheet to record transactions and track budget. As the PTO grew last year, I stated they would need to pay for budgeting software or pay for my counseling. The decision to use MoneyMinder as that software was the single best decision we made to keep our organization financially functional, professional, and transparent. MoneyMinder allows your check register, budget, contacts, donation statements, and reporting tools to work harmoniously. Transactions are easily entered, linked to the budget (and, if applicable, donor), and reconciled. Reports can be generated to present at meetings, aid with tax filings, and track financial information across the years.

Viewer access, if granted, allows other members of the organization to see current financial information and create reports.
MoneyMinder's customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. During our trial period, the staff at MoneyMinder took our awkward spreadsheet and translated it into an ingenious budget. Since then, whenever I need assistance, I know I can call and someone from MoneyMinder will answer on the first ring. I'm not saying they have to answer on the first ring every time, but if it takes two rings, they are only human, right? Right?!

Nachteile: This software can't make your coffee. And although MoneyMinder can create 19 different kinds of reports, I would like to see a report with a pie chart.

von NonProfitCentral an 5.2.2019

Thanks for the great suggestion! We'll see if we can't get MoneyMinder to make coffee and pie. Our developers like a good challenge.

Seriously, we'll work on the pie chart suggestion. :)

Review of MoneyMinder Software for HOA

Ronda C.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been awesome ~ MoneyMinder customer service is the best! From entering new budget figures to pulling reports, the ease is outstanding. We have never been left with unanswered questions or unresolved issues. It is so great to have our HOA in good hands when it comes to our bookkeeping software giving us confidence going forward.

Vorteile: Our HOA used a different accounting software for several years. There was always a question of budget status, dues receipts and monthly financial reports giving us a true picture of how we were doing. With MoneyMinder, the reports are easily pulled and show us exactly what is needed to ensure we make decisions in the best interest of our HOA. If any of our residents ask for an accounting, we now give the information with confidence it is correct.

Nachteile: There isn't anything we like "least" about the software. The one improvement we are hoping for is the ability to print our invoices so they can be mailed. We do not use the "email" system that MoneyMinder is set up for. A workaround has been to have a MoneyMinder rep prepare a PDF file and email to us so we can print and mail. It if wasn't for such great customer service, we would have to prepare and print each invoice separately.

von NonProfitCentral an 30.1.2019

Thank you for your compliment about our customer support. We take pride in offering personal, friendly, helpful assistance and solutions. Since we have all held a volunteer position here at MoneyMinder we know all too well how useful that can be. We feel that free customer service enables every group to be successful and confident in their MoneyMinder reports which translates into transparency and peace of mind for their members.

MoneyMinder provides structure to our PTO

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Jennifer G.
PTO Co-President
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The staff at MoneyMinder is excellent. Any questions that I've had were answered immediately! I am so grateful for their willingness to walk me through the budgeting software when it was new to me. I have a tendency not to dig in past the first functions when I am learning something. With their help, I use MoneyMinder way more effectively, especially in preparation for our budget meeting. The other major benefit is the transparency that MoneyMinder offers. I feel more confident with the ability to allow everyone on the PTO Board, and within our PTO community, to see our account status. It makes conversations more informed and protects us as an organization.

Vorteile: I like the organized, user-friendly nature of MoneyMinder. We used spreadsheets to record our financial information before MoneyMinder and we did not understand what we were missing. The MoneyMinder system keeps track of our account information, but it is also multifaceted and flexible. We are able to generate the reports that we need to answer any question that is asked. I also love that the software is so easy to learn! We've had a new Treasurer both this year and last year. It was very easy to train them, especially with MoneyMinders help. MoneyMinder has really helped us with continuity of information through these PTO Board changes.

Nachteile: A search by word function would be helpful.

von NonProfitCentral an 8.2.2019

Thanks for your kind words and suggestion! We're super happy MoneyMinder is working well for you.

Did you know that you can search for anything using your browser? For example, you can use the browser's "find" feature to easily look for a date, name, word, dollar amount, etc. Including that in our software would be a little redundant. Since browsers handle that well, we like to leave it to them! Let us know if you need help doing that.

Fantastic for volunteers

Bewertet am 6.10.2019
Christina K.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Superb! Makes keeping our nonprofit books really easy to manage.

Vorteile: The Customer Service Reps on the phone are real world, super helpful people. Most I've talked to have similar experience as our organization and truly understand every single challenge or question I've ever had. They are patient, non-judgemental, and very reasonable with the solutions they provide.

Nachteile: Sometimes the PayPal download feature doesn't entirely translate data well.

von NonProfitCentral an 10.10.2019

Thanks for your kind words Christina. We're glad you're enjoying MoneyMinder and that our customer support team has been helpful.

It sounds like you've had some hiccups with PayPal. Did you know that when you update to the newest version of MoneyMinder that PayPal integration is SUPER easy? It's a direct import, as opposed to downloading reports & then uploading them into MoneyMinder. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let me know if you want a hand (or moral support) updating your account.

Value to Valur

Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Joy R.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I definitely appreciate the fact the system stores the information off site. The fact that that those that we allow to have access to the money tracker can look into the accounts but are unable to make changes. Forms are easily available for the treasurer report and daily needs.

Vorteile: The to which set up Vendors. Transaction reports are easily available. Reconciliation of multiple accounts.

Nachteile: Didn’t have the ability to search by dollar amounts.

von NonProfitCentral an 4.9.2019

Hi Joy! Did you know you could search by dollar amounts by using your browser's built-in search function? Just a tip.

I have never had a problem with MoneyMinder in the 4 years that I have used it.

Leslie W.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Whenever I call the company or email, I get a response very quickly and they are always so helpful and kind.

Vorteile: I like that it is easy to use and provides different reports. It is not difficult to enter the information you need for your organization. It is easy to make a correction if needed. With this program, it is easy to reconcile your bank statement. Wonderful to upload your budget for the year and again, easy to change as the year proceeds. I have recommended this program to numerous PTAs. I feel one of the biggest pros to this program is that you may retrieve information from past fiscal years. If you need to remember something, it is right at your fingertips. That helps make for an easy transition, when new officers are taking over the treasurer's job. I like that you can access the information from any computer as long as you have your information to log in. This is the easiest program to use with a low cost for all that it can do and produce!!

Nachteile: I haven't found anything on the program that I do not like in the many years that I have been treasurer for PTAs.

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Shirley A.
PTO Treasurer
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We transition the role of treasurer every year, so having a tool that is so easy to use and has
such great technical support behind it will make our annual transitions so much smoother and easier.

Vorteile: It is a very straight forward product that has been easy to set up and use from day one.

Nachteile: Some of the reports have more columns than I would like and being able to hide those would be great. It’s probably possible but I just haven’t asked how to do it yet.

TAC review

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Robert H.
treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: great. people are friendly and the software is great for a small non-profit.

Vorteile: the reports section is easy to customize.

Nachteile: the check book, always have to go to the bottom for the current one.

von NonProfitCentral an 5.2.2019

Thanks for the kind review Robert.

Did you know that if you click on the little triangle by the date (in the check register) it will reverse the date range so your recent transactions are at the top? That will eliminate that scrolling issue.

Hope that makes things easier!

Great Product, Easy to Use

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Lois S.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's easier to keep track of our PTA budget when our Income and Expenses are listed all in one line.

Vorteile: It's clear and straightforward. Easy to print different reports, depending on what information we are trying to compare. WAY easier to use than PTAvenue's financial tracking system.

Nachteile: Entries don't automatically save when moving from one entry to the previous or next one. You have to save it, go back to the register, and then scroll down to the next entry you might need to access or edit. Newer version doesn't have a way to import Square transactions. PDF reports printed under the new version don't have page numbers, even though the old one had page numbers in the top right corner.

von NonProfitCentral an 27.3.2019

Thanks for the valuable feedback!
We've asked IT to bring back page numbers on the PDF exports in the new version. You're the first to report it. Thank you.
Also great idea to add a Save and Next so you can make changes and then keep on moving through your existing entries. It's on our to-do list.
Square import in the new version? So close. Look for this very soon.

Great software for the PTA accounts that I have been working on the last few years

Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Kori B.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really like the reports. They take all the information I put in and organize it easily for anyone who needs to know what is going on with all the finances. I would recommend this software to others.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and is very intuitive. I like how the pages are organized. The pages are so easy to use that I rarely have needed to ask questions. I did need some help when I first started using the software and the customer service was great and responded to me very quickly.

Nachteile: I really have no problems with the software. I have been using it for 3 years now and am completely happy with it.

Great Program. This has vaulted our PTA into different universe of bookkeeping.

Steven W.
PTA President

Vorteile: I appreciate the ease of use and the ability to have multiple people able to log in with different permissions. Keeping our records straight, being able to upload supporting documents and an easy way to reconcile each month has helped our PTA become more efficient. What used to take one person a full day to do in excel, now only takes a few minutes, multiple times a month and reconciliation takes a fraction of the time.

Nachteile: When pulling the Treasurer Report it would be nice if it defaulted to the current month instead of the end of the year each time. One other thing that would have helped our PTA is having one more level on the budget. If we would be able to add a itemized level to the sub category, that would roll up on reports we would be able to show the main points to our general membership, but use the itemization for future budgeting purposes.

Money Minder staff are amazing to work with. Customer rep have helped me a lot.

Carey R.
Treasurer

Vorteile: It is super simple and easy to work with. There aren't a lot of screens to toggle thorough. Once you've built your first year the 2nd year is as simple as a copy. Its such a time saver.

Nachteile: I wish that if you decided to change coding that you didn't have to change all of the entries you have made to that code. I would be nice to enter the new GL code and then copy to everything entry made to the old GL code

von NonProfitCentral an 27.3.2018

Hi Carey,

It sounds like you're wanting to move a category from one heading to another. Is that right? If so, we can help you do that. Would you like to reach out to us for instructions?

support@moneyminder.com

Thanks!
Cyndi

I have used Money Minder for three organizations now. I LOVE it!

Jenn W.
Treasurer

Vorteile: *MoneyMinder software allows access anywhere anytime, day or night.
*Customer service is second to non.
*Easy to manage
*A lot of reports. Too many to list
*Inexpensive
*Treasurers Report is my favorite for board meetings.

Nachteile: That more of my board members won't take the advantage of pulling reports when they need them.
Otherwise, everything I need and more is what MoneyMinder provides our Nonprofit organization every year.

Excellent program and support

Melinda L.
PTA Treasurer

Kommentare: Ease of documentation and knowing that your reports are correct each month.

Vorteile: The software allows you to capture a large amount of information in a very convenient way. You can customize how much or how little detail you want to include about your transactions. Overall the program is fairly intuitive to use and my favorite feature is the amazing support you receive when you call with questions.

Nachteile: There is no way to revert to previous budgets- so if you decide to do a budget revamp, and it doesn't pass at your meeting, you need to retype the entire thing back in. I wish there was a way to save favorited links so that I don't have to look through all the reports menus each time.

Outstanding Program for PTAs

Leslie W.
PTSA Treasurer
Fundraising, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This program is extremely easy to use. I recommend it to all PTA volunteers. It is easy to train our ladies to use it. The reports that are generated are excellent in showing our members where the money has come and gone.

Nachteile: So far, in the 10 years that I have been using this program, I have never had a complaint.

Easy to use for Non-profit PTO

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Jennifer B.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Our PTO has been using Money Minder for several years now, and we find it very easy to use.

Nachteile: Sometimes we have to really pay attention to the totals depending on what report we are using to make sure that we are reading the accurate amount.

I Love Money Minder

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Senior Account Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's a great company with great people who care about their customers .

Vorteile: It's a simple yet powerful program. MoneyMinder gets the job done effectively and efficiently. Very user friendly.

Nachteile: I've been using Money Minder for three years and I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like about the software.

Very easy transition to this software from other PTA-type software.

Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Lorraine H.
Financial Chair

Kommentare: Other than Quicken/QuickBooks or Excel, we had no other software options to our organization. This software is very easy to use and has all the tools needed for establishing and maintaining a non-profit budget.

Vorteile: I like that it's online, so I have access to our information from anywhere. It is also very easy to use, especially if you have any sort of prior experience with Quicken/QuickBooks/other PTA-type software.

Nachteile: I'm still getting used to the reports - they're not quite the same as the other PTA-type software (with which I was very familiar) would generate. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though - it is just something I have to get used to.

I had an awesome experience.

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Madeleine W.
Hr assistant
Medizinische Geräte, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Learned some great new tools

Vorteile: I enjoyed every thing about this software right down to the login screen and the time it took to install it.

Nachteile: The only thing I didn't like was the cost. I wish they offered the program for free, then more people would use it.

MoneyMinder - The Perfect Choice for PTA Treasurers

Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Stephen B.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Vorteile: When I became Treasurer of the PTA at my son's school I know I wanted to get a software program instead of relying on spreadsheets as previous treasurers had done. MoneyMinder was the perfect choice. First of all it is cloud based, which meant I could easily give access to other members of the PTA board. It is very easy to use but has many advanced features such as the ability to download banking transactions and transactions from Square. Those features alone have saved me an immense amount of time. The preloaded account structure for PTAs is also a great feature. The standard reporting features are easy to use but you can also do custom reports and exports. My one interaction with customer service was fantastic.

Nachteile: The only minor negative I have is that I don't think you can customize what fields to bring across when you download your banking transactions.

This software is easy for a non professional to work with ease.

Joy R.
Treasure
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had to call for support and had a great team member each time.

Vorteile: Besides the ease, I love the fact that all information is being save off site. I wish their would be a program for my home use.

Nachteile: Better way to print only for current month.

von NonProfitCentral an 1.2.2019

Thanks for the kind words. To get a print out for the current month, go to the Treasurer's Report. You can select a date range there! That might solve the problem.

Easy to use and very readable reports

Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Elizabeth B.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: MoneyMinder is really easy to use. It's also really easy to customize reports to fit your organization's needs

Nachteile: I can't really think of any negatives! Great program!

The software is amazing! Allows me to be an efficient and effective volunteer.

Kristie E.
Treasurer

Vorteile: The software is Intuitive, user friendly, accurate and simple.
Great customer department! It is beneficial to have transparency with the financials.