Über Plooto

Der einfachste Weg, einmalige und wiederkehrende Geschäftszahlungen zu akquirieren. Ganz einfach für dich und deine Kundschaft. Synchronisiert mit Quickbooks und Xero.

Erfahre mehr über Plooto

It's affordability and versatility. The ability to have people on ACH subscriptions is a large plus.

The pricing change is too bad given our corporate structure.

Bewertungen zu Plooto

4,0

Plooto hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 230 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Plooto bereits verwendet?

Aislinn
Aislinn
Marketing Asssitant in Kanada
Unternehmensberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Plooto

Kommentare: Plooto has certainly helped us from a workflow perspective, it's pulling your payables from your Quickbooks or Xero account into Plooto so you can see all the payables that you need to deal with and when they're due. And there's a whole bunch of approval processes you can put in place for internal controls perspective so make things a lot more bulletproof than just manually writing checks and doing e-transfers.

So you can currently do pre-authorized debit, pre-authorized credit receivables in U.S. dollars and Canadian dollars which is super kick-ass. It's also made some of our clients lives a lot easier if they've got clients in different countries, and it gives their clients flexibility to pay in debit or credit. Also, as far as the amount of time it takes for that cash to clear your bank account; it's faster than Stripe, and on top of that the integration with Quickbooks makes it a lot easier to manage the fees, unlike Stripe.

We'd love to see more international payments to more countries just for some of our clients that have people they're paying in lots of different places around the world. As well, with the international payments, if a client has a lot of companies that they're paying in the U.S. for instance if you get really costly really quickly. So I'd like to see some bulk discounts for high volume payments to the U.S.

Heather
Principal in Kanada

Our EFT provider of choice

Kommentare: Our objective was to automate payables, and Plooto has been great for that purpose.

We're a Quickbooks shop, and we *love* the integration. Virtually all of our clients are using Plooto for payables, and some for receivables. In terms of pricing, the package is advantageous for most of our clients. Some of the tiny ones would spend less on regular bank fees -- but the convenience still makes Plooto a good option. The interface is clean and user-friendly. Our clients love the signing authority "tiers." We're working with nonprofits, so there's always a board of directors to consider -- and therefore multiple signers. It's not uncommon for orgs to specify who needs to approve organizations over certain limits, and Plooto gets us there with no fuss.

We still have issues with some vendors not being serviced by Plooto, e.g. credit card companies. The ability to send payments internationally through Plooto is great, but we sometimes experience issues with foreign banks. On the signing authority front, it's possible to do an "end run" around banking agreements by authorizing people on Plooto that aren't authorized on the bank account. We need to do our due diligence on that, to ensure payments are authorized only by signing authorities.

Pauline
Accounting supervisor in Kanada

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: great, their customer support is reliable as well and i find the software very reliable in payment processing

it is very cheap for its worth i think and it is very easy to the eyes

they can improve their reports i think, and also i do not like the limit on batch approval that gives approver only 10 lines to approve at a time

Alan
Executive Director in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Contact integration between Xero and Plooto is currently ineffective

Kommentare: Plooto's support has provided an unsatisfactory response, dismissing the issue as not within their purview. This unaddressed concern prompted me to seek an alternative accounts payable software solution.

The interfaces are clean and the functionality with the software is very solid.

The contact integration between Xero and Plooto is currently ineffective, with each party attributing the issue to the other. When contacts are synchronized from Xero to Plooto, they are automatically generated as customers in Plooto, and there is no option to switch them to suppliers. The only recourse is to delete the customer contact and manually recreate it as a supplier. This persistent problem, reported to Plooto, introduces additional delays, requires extra confirmation of hand-offs, and disrupts the workflow with added confusion.

Chad
CAO in Kanada
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Plooto cuts down our carbon footprint

Kommentare: Plooto has provided a good venue for transactions to be completed in a timely and effective way. There is excellent ability to track transactions through the whole process. This allows any issues to be clearly resolved.

The approval process embedded in Plooto allows us to bridge physical distances between approvers with digital access. Reduces the need to travel to acquire approvals and improves security by reducing potential loss exposures.

The functional environment takes some getting used to. Can still get to the end of a transaction and not have a readily apparent way to initiate another sequence. Has taken some time to understand how all of the information going into the system is presented to the vendors, to ensure there is clarity in the transaction.

Maddie
Maddie
System Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Plooto is an easy-to-use, handy program that simplifies the process

Kommentare: Accounts payable include a variety of options that make it simple to designate an approval tier and transfer payments. Checks that have been deposited in the previous few months have not shown in the system, however the support staff is working to correct this. Other than this, Plooto has a number of features that make processing AP more efficient.

Sending payments in practically any quantity to suppliers with Plooto is one of its finest features. Approval control, user-friendliness, and affordability are all things we like. It integrates with QBO and makes it simple to reconcile and set up payments automatically. Recurring payments and deposits may be set up quickly and effortlessly.

The inclusion of cheque numbers in a report would be quite helpful in keeping track of payments. As an alternative, it would be good if the user could pick from a list of pre-existing merchants.

Colette
Director, Owner in Kanada
Musik, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Plooto Crucial to our Operations

Kommentare: We have been with Plooto now since 2017! Customer service is top notch.

Once our customers are set up in the pre-authorized system, it's very easy for their payments to continue with no effort on their part. That means no chasing customers for payments!

I wish Plooto could integrate with other data scheduling programs, then it would suit our business needs perfectly!

Danny
Founder in Kanada

Integral Software for Accounting

Kommentare: My experience has been very good! Been very happy with product in the past few years that I have been using it for my clients.

I like the integration with QBO and that it makes it easy for me to process payments with the appropriate checks and balances of approvals. The software also helps in confirming whether the bank information being provided is valid or not. So easy to use!!!

The only Con that I could think of is that it becomes a bit expensive for those that have very little transactions monthly where the fixed monthly fee does not get fully utilized.

SARA

It's Okay

Kommentare: I am striving to keep my payment processing costs as low as possible. As such, I've stuck with Plooto and have tried to have as many clients as possible do ACH processing. However, more and more clients are requesting to use credit cards, and many are okay with paying a surcharge for processing fees. Plooto does not accept credit card payments, and I would prefer to have a one stop shop for payment processing. I was happier when it was a flat $1 fee per ACH, I'm now paying much more per transaction due to the flat $25 per month fee and the small amount of clients I have who are still willing to do ACH payments.

If you're looking for automatic draws, it works well. Syncs with both QBO and Xero.

If your client doesn't have all of the funds in their account, you won't be notified. Plooto will draw what it can and you'll have to log in to look to see who failed to pay in full. Pricing is okay. You're essentially charged $2.50 for ACH. If you're using QBO, you may as well just use their ACH payment processing as it's cheaper. If you're using Plooto to pay a client (a refund, for example) it isn't automatic. You have to set them up again, and they'll have to guess a password to accept the funds you're transferring to them. It's bizarre that you can take money from them, but can't send it to them.

Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly but wished that Accounts receivable had more options

Kommentare: The problem that arises is that we as a small organization end up paying for two software because some of our vendors pay by credit card so we are spending more money on Plooto.

Multiple options for accounts payable which makes it easy set approval tier and to transfer funds

I highly recommend that Plooto starts accepting payments via credit card or email AR. While this is an option for AP it should be implemented for AR too. Secondly as a 4 member organization we wished there was a non-profit pricing range.

Diana
Bookkeeper in Kanada

How Plooto Saved Me

Supporting associations with multiple signatories this has been a world of difference in my process flow and the quality and timeliness of payment processing. Each of signatories is set up and whosh off go payments. Was for several years using postal services or meeting in person. A couple of postal strikes later during which i felt i was losing the plot. Labelling/addressing envelopes (small operation so no stamps or administrative assistants), going to post office. And same on the other end for the receivers. Also had a situation of a missing cheque and bank account fraud as well. Am sure it was a payment to service provider that disappeared. Suddenly draws to the bank account are coming from all over Canada for large amounts. And then I bumped into Plooto at a QBO Conference...LIFE CHANGING. Not to speak of today's world where I'm limiting as much errand running as possible.

Used to be support was on phone live. really hate the chat funciton, somehow my descriptions never get captured by the feed, they receive blanks on support end. So it is really a pain. don't know why and know it must be a set up thing but have not been able to solve.

Tatiana

Excellent software overall

Kommentare: Plooto allows easy and painless payments for businesses with a high volume of bills at a reasonable cost. It's pretty user friendly, although there are some advanced user tips which are hard to learn about.

We set up all our high volume AP clients on Plooto for ease of payment, self reconciliation with QBO and ease of troubleshooting. We queue up the invoices and they get send to the account owner for approval. Then Plooto marks the bills as paid.

I wish there was an approval process ahead of time, not only at time of payment. You will also need to do a manual entry to apply any CRA payments as Plooto will not know how to apply it for you - I wish there was a tool that could map the CRA payment to the right balance sheet account when you pay. If a payment is rejected or not accepted, Plooto does not notify you - it takes some monitoring and troubleshooting to find payments that were not accepted. There should be an email advising the user. The training is minimal, but should include tips on how to pull and export the bank data for analysis, I only learned of it from support which is a waste of Plooto's resources.

Sherry

Plooto Works Great

Kommentare: Good customer service and very functional software.

Plooto has the functionality and the security that I need for my clients. It works well and require little time for my clients to approve.

I wish they went back to the per payment pricing they had before. It worked better for my client who pays maybe 5 one month and then 50 the next.

Ariel
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Pricing model needs to go back to what it was

Easy to use, great concept, would recommend it if pricing made sense.

- Used to be very competitively priced, with the subscription model it is very hard to justify this expense to clients, especially since the use base is mostly small forward thinking companies who have very little vendor payments to make in the first place. - Very limited customizability when a lot of customization could be offered at the basic level. - It's never a good business practice to force people to use your product for lack of alternatives. Due to the horrible pricing model change, if there was an alternative, I would be using it.

Sandy
Manager/bookkeeper in USA

My Review of Plooto

Kommentare: I am excited that it provides a secure way to establish multi approval payments. As a contract bookkeeper with many clients, I consider this to be an important issue.

I like that the software allows for the bookkeeper to set up all the vendor payments so all the client has to do is approve. I also like how user friendly it is for vendors who are getting paid for the first time. When I contact a vendor and tell them they have to create a login/membership for yet another software I can get some push back. But the vendors find it very easy to use and that makes my job easier and more efficient. I like how it allows for ach payments without having to ask vendors to email me their sensitive financial information. They receive a link and can enter it themselves.

I don't like how long it takes when a customer wants to pay my clients with a credit card. I think it took more than 2 months to process into the bank so I've stopped using that function all together.

Sean
Fotografie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Plooto Experience

Kommentare: It's a very streamlined and convenient way of tracking and paying our vendors

It's very useful that our Quickbooks Accounts Payable is synched with Plooto because it makes paying our vendors very easy. The way it aggregates multiple payments to a single vendor to reduce charges is also a nice feature

I preferred their previous model where you only paid when you made a transfer. However, we are now doing enough monthly transfers that the fixed cost is about the same

Kit
Onboarding Specialist in Kanada

Plooto Review

Kommentare: I didn't enjoy the customer service. Communication between emails felt like a robot talking to me. The chat function is a robot. Phone# is just a voice message, not useful. There are glitches within the program even with the settings. A lot of room for improvement.

integration with other apps, pay bills..

receiving payment, processing time is too long Settings has many problems

Sam
pres in Kanada
Metallabbau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

sam

Kommentare: otherwise i like it

it is a handy payable tool which integrates with qbs

for the last few months, i've had to put up with the web connector not being able to auto run by itself, i have to manually run it, and constantly the app permission window comes up and makes me give permission. Also, it would be a plus if Plooto would handle any vendor credits or refunds

Michelle
Fund Administrator in Kanada
Fundraising, Selbstständig

A great timesaver (no more running around town for director signatures)

Kommentare: As a small charity, when COVID-19 hit and social distancing measures were put in place, getting signatures on cheques from off-site directors was a problem. Then the office closed down and I no longer had access to the one director in the office. Another director had used Plooto with another organisation she was involved with and recommended it. We found it relatively easy to setup and get started with.
Because our income is all by donation we don't use the accounts receivable option.

Being able to set authorization levels and have dual signatures required was essential for us. As a charity it is important to have oversight by more than one director. Writing then chasing down signatures when issuing 60+ grant cheques at once was time consuming. It's much faster (and easier) to simply setup the payments as approvals come in then let the directors authorize at a time convenient to them.

We linked it to our accounting software and it would be nice if a transaction number was input into the accounting software in case we need to track between the two systems.

Shirley
Accounting Supervisor in Kanada
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Plooto Review

Easy to use and train new staff, reasonably priced.

Unable to search by vendor to set up payments Unable to sort by vendor, then by invoice number or due date Unable to set preferences such as view 100 per page USD import of paid bills does not populate currency rate, imports at 1.00

Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

You get what you pay for- If you're a serious business, don't bother

Cost Efficient Ok- at least support responded if anyone was actually available.

Absolute disaster if you need funds transferred in any reliable or consistent time frame. The bigger the amount, the longer the wait took for a wire transfer to push through. I imagine it's because funds were being hoarded to capitalize in gains or wherever it was being held (6 figures sums took multiple weeks at points). Terrible breaking between Quickbooks and Xero for existing customers. Failed multiple time on cash transfers, racked up charges. If you're using it for personal use, I guess it's better than other means- I would just Venmo in that case honestly. If it's for serious business- DO NOT use. Especially if you do any kind of wiring of large funds in the six figure and up range. You will regret it, payments will be late, and you will rack up charges on returned payments and kill cash liquidity on the long waiting periods. Product not yet ready for mainstream business use in my opinion.

Sherry
Counsellor in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Awesome

Kommentare: It is easy to use, we are able to send any sized payment with no problems. We have even sent American funds and it was easy to use and we were charged a minimal surcharge for the convenience. Much easier than a money order

We did not want to utilize cheques to pay our employees. The bank we deal with would not provide us with any other options. We found Plooto and began utilizing it.

I know there are features we do not use. The thing I like least is the amount of time it takes to load the Plooto account with funds.

Ruth
Bookkeeping Client Manager in Kanada

We love it!

Kommentare: We are solving time consuming processes involving multiple emails for approvals and multiple logins to the bank to finalize transfers. We are simpifying the process and saving time on entries. Coupled with QBO and Receipt Bank it's a dream team.

I like how easy it is to add my clients for their approvals. I also like how we were able to circumvent the fob usage that was necessary before making managing AP for our clients very time consuming.

Mostly that I haven't had time to explore the other options as work loads haven't allowed for it. I want to learn more and need to set aside some time.

Norris
Vice President in Kanada
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Efficient process but too long for trans to complete. Plooto 5 bus. days...competitior 24-48 hrs

Kommentare: We use it for 2 of the 5 companies in our group. A third was abandoned because the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] became frustrated with the setup process and subsequent delay in processing payments, especially for USD. A fourth ( a financial services division) is on hold because the insurance bond has excluded the use of Plooto.

Yes. comparatively user friendly. Large fields and navigation.

The payment confirmation has a code with the big green checkmark but no detail. Needs to have at least payee or amount to cross reference so that can be used in place of, say, a cheque stub. The follow-up alternative is to wait for the deposit confirmation days later or reprint the payment report detail month which doubles the effort.

Geoffrey
President in Kanada
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simplifying electronic funds

Kommentare: useful to use but the cost became an issue for low eft companies. Worst feature change was from transaction cost to minimum monthly fee.

Once the vendors are set up, making payments scheduled for the future in a a variety of currencies is easy.

The pdf of the transaction lacks some details - including unique number and date for payment as oppose to date of set up of payment. Worst feature change was from transaction cost to minimum monthly fee.