Über Deputy

Webbasierte Lösung, die Terminplanung, Arbeitszeitpläne, Aufgaben und Kommunikation vereinfacht und Transparenz und Kontrolle über die Mitarbeiter bietet

Erfahre mehr über Deputy

The software is fairly easy to use once you get used to it and has a lot of useful features.

You have to pay a monthly fee for yourself as an admin user even if you don't input any of your shift info into Deputy and there is also a minimum spend which they only mention in the small print.

Bewertungen zu Deputy

Deputy hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 710 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Deputy bereits verwendet?

Shari
Shari
Independent Contractor in Jamaika
Verbraucherdienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Scheduling App Ever

I've used the software for over a year now and it makes my day to day life as an independent contractor a breeze. I can grab shifts posted by the managers shortly after they're published and can offer them up or swap them easily if I can no longer work a taken shift. I can request for leave, take a break during the scheduled shift and also view how many hours in total I have for the day, week, month in the schedule section. Their app for phones also allows you to grab, offer and view shifts and you can clock in or out on it. I especially love the seconds feature and the app being able to show me the time in my work's time zone VS mine so I'm never confused.

It's a little slow when grabbing shifts, like you are unable to just click/accept shifts back-to-back and have to wait like 30 seconds per accepted shift for the page to load and show that you've accepted your shift. There sometimes is also a lag when starting/ending a shift and you have to ensure it was clicked properly or shows you've started/ended after the page finishes loading or you could end up being late or stay clocked in.

Lillian
Lillian
Human Resources Generalist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Staff adore Deputy's reduced office time!

Kommentare: Because it is hosted on the cloud, managers can use it from any location with an internet connection. ADP's timekeeping module makes it difficult to adjust shifts when workers are asked to report earlier or stay later for work.

Provides access to shift scheduling, staff attendance and punctuality records, and time off analysis reports for management. Unlike ADP's time tracking module, we don't add pay rates in Deputy so managers can utilize it without accessing confidential information.

Given that we have many offices in each state, and that our employees often split their time between offices in different states, keeping track of everyone's whereabouts may be a bit of a challenge.

Becki
District Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great product !

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

I absolutely love the online time clock and schedule feature. It also helps me keep track of a large team across multiple locations. My labor has never been more accurate. This is a great product with fair pricing.

Importing to my payroll system was a little difficult at first but with support we worked out the kinks.

sicilia
Office Manager in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We use Deputy for employee scheduling

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: As the primary user, I don't enjoy using Deputy, but it does the job that we need it to do.

It is necessary for us to have a scheduling software that has a mobile app with location services. Deputy does the job.

In the past 2 years Deputy has gone through a few updates where they changed the location of certain functions and did not have a tutorial on where to find the moved functions. Additionally, some of our employees work overtime and Deputy will not add them to the schedule if they have more than 40 hours.

Jessica
Jessica
Human Resources Specialist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Deputy facilitates employee scheduling

Kommentare: Having a nearby application that makes use of our technology makes it all the more valuable. In particular, the team's knowledge opportunities for Vice customers are fantastic. I consider the time and effort invested learning and mastering Deputy to be worthwhile, even if I am already an advanced user.

Other scheduling tools I've tried were either impractical or too difficult to learn and utilize. Deputy is the best scheduling software I have used, and I have tried a few. It's easy to get the hang of, navigate, and succeed in.

Turns off the door/window alarm. This quality is unnecessary, and the numerous safety precautions might be frustrating. Alter the range of colors available inside the span. The app's request and route customization features are user-friendly.

Jane
Business development manager in Australien
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Built for Hospitality

Kommentare: Overall great, and the staff love it.

Deputy is very user-friendly and well-designed for users at every level. We love the app the the accessibility that it offers (and is expected by) our staff. The onboarding feature is great - it has really streamlined our onboarding process.

The newsfeed is handy but lacks functionality; you can attach a document, but we REALLY need a place to store company documents such as policies and handbooks so they can be easily referred to by staff (we currently have to email them). In order to meet the key needs of the customers, Deputy should implement this feature ASAP - please!!

Paula
Operations Manager in Neuseeland
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Pros about Deputy

Kommentare: Overall amazing experience, very happy with it!

Time tracking, schedule and gps location.Also the connection with xero and other softwares

Users not being able to attach photos on the journal

Utsav
Head Chef in Australien
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Love it. Great Product. Highly Recommended.

I have to create rosters, manage timesheets, monitor lot of activities including labour percentages and all and deputy provides such an easy and user friendly way of doing all that I do. Copying and pasting shifts is a joy. Overall user experience is great for me.

Not that I remember in specific. However, total labour cost tracking mechanism like Employment Hero's would be a plus.

Audrey
Accountant in Australien
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple automated time tracking without needing manual spreadsheets

It was so simple to get started using Deputy. I love that I can clock in and clock out on my Apple watch two as I sometimes shut down my computer before remembering to log off on my time sheet.

Tracking additional hours worked to scheduled hours as TOIL instead of needing to record the time under TOIL specifically created groups which seemed like a roundabout way of doing things.

Adolfo
Administrativo in Spanien
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Deputy helps me keep track of my work schedule and communicate with my team easily.

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

I love how easy it is to schedule shifts and communicate with my team. It has made managing my work much simpler.

I wish the mobile app was a bit more user-friendly and had more features for employees to interact with their schedules.

Wolf
Owner /Manager in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Deputy Limitations on amount of location being used. Not exporting payroll timesheet to ADP for 2 y

Kommentare: Could be better

Keep track of time of employees, build schedule.

Help is not providing answers on problems like it was 2 years ago. Live chat is gone or specialist are not helping in all subjects

Nigel
Director in Irland
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Business Critical - Couldn't be without it!

We love the fact that it gives both the manager and the staff the flexibility to control their shifts and it gives the employees a sense of ownership - they are almost responsible for their own time management. Not to mention all the flexibility it gives the management of building shift templates, managing leave and the especially the time sheets (now that paid breaks are a feature) it makes payroll preperation a breeze. (We haven't yet used the Xero payroll integration and the Xero payroll has not yet been rolled out in our country, but we are looking forward to it). As a busy little cafe we have also used the task management feature to cover off all of our daily / weekly food safety requirements which makes it much easier for everyone to input their duties and the simple fact is - if its easier, it gets done. Before moving to Deputy we tried a few other products but this one seemed to suit us best and one of the main reasons we moved is because we felt it offered the best value for money especially as our staff numbers change all the time. We have recently expanded our operation to second location and without Deputy the shift management could have been hectic. Having this system already in place just meant that we had one less thing to worry about. Deputy has become an integral part of our daily routine.

As mentioned earlier we are a busy little cafe so we spend most of our time on the shop floor, whilst Deputy has a fantastic mobile options and visibility, as managers it would be great if had more flexibility to "approve" more employees requests on the go like shift swaps and leave applications. Also I found that the employees with Android phones seem to have a few bugs still hiding away in their app and they also don't yet have access to the task manager on their phones. However, these are fairly small issues in the great scheme of things and based on the development rate and technical support I have received to date I have no doubt that these are already in the development pipeline. We look forward to the updates as they roll out.

Natalie
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No bad until you try to leave

Kommentare: I have rarely ever left a negative review in my life but after my recent experience I feel it's almost a responsibility. I closed my business in July. Not having a need for timekeeping I cancelled an account. I deleted all staff and shifts and unsubscribed from this service. I did so before the close of the billing cycle. Since this is a payment in advance service I should have been left with nothing outstanding. I've had demand after demand. I went back into the account to inquire as to why I'm still receiving demands to find that the account was not closed, I was not unsubscribed and although all staff profiles had been deleted i was still listed as having 5 staff. I updated my contact information, emailed Deputy stating that I had unsubscribed using the instructions in the help files and heard nothing more. Then the demands started again. The worst however was having to deal with their customer service rep on live chat who'd leave me sitting on live chat for 5-7 minutes at a time only to come back and claim he was leaving me hang there on purpose so "I'd calm down" He seemed to take particular exception to me insisting on a chat transcript. Given that I'm so furious with this company and how it allows its reps to treat customers, customer service rep's strategy didn't work. I got my chat transcript in the end but only by copying and pasting the entire thing myself. He wasn't too keen on his replies being included in the chat transcript. Utterly disgusting.

It's cheap. It's not an expensive service but the old adage you get what you pay for applies here.

Customer service is deplorable. I've never in my lifetime of dealing with various services, apps, etc ever dealt with a customer service rep as badly trained and as unprofessional as I have seen at Deputy.

Antwort von Deputy

Hi Natalie. We really value your feedback and will share this information with our team. Thank you for your honesty and we look forward to working with you in the future to improve your Deputy experience!

Stacy
Co-Owner in USA
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic!

Kommentare: This software has helped our company specifically with the scheduling aspect of our business. It saves the company scheduler time, helps us keep the time off requests and scheduling organized, and has made it much easier to communicate the work schedule to our employees. After trying the free trial, we knew it was the right software for us.

We went from using spreadsheets and a calendar planner to using Deputy. When we were comparing scheduling programs, Deputy really grabbed our attention because of its look, ease of use, and price. We have been using it solely now for almost 2 months and it has proven to be a dependable, trustworthy service. We no longer need the planner to keep track of time-off requests. Now they go right into Deputy. It is very easy to set up and customize - Deputy offers to do this for you, but we did it on our own. I am a self-learner and was able to gain much insight on the program after watching a tutorial video. Deputy's customer support has been dependable. I was able to get my questions answered during a scheduled video call with a customer support representative. I've also emailed them and they've responded within 24 hours, and I've used their live chat. My employees like it, and they appreciate how it automatically adds their shifts to their phone calendar. Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Deputy. I highly recommend giving them a try!

I've sat here for a long time trying to come up with a complaint about the software. At this time, I have no complaints about the product but will report back if something comes up the longer we use it.

Trent
Trent
Director in Australien
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Deceptive conduct

Kommentare: Support team use email only. Most support issues are flicked back to the help videos and everything else you are told "we'll request this feature be added". It never is

Unless you own an iOS device, do not purchase this software. there is half functionality, and the support may aswell be non-existent, but deputy is more than happy to charge full price for half available software.

Mindy
Team Coordinator in USA

Deputy is fairly easy to use and has been a great help in setting up a new payroll system.

It connects to all our offices and is easily adjustable. Signing in and out is very simple for everyone and it's nice to have an all in one scheduling, asking for time off, signing in and out.

Setting up the schedule is difficult. I have to copy and paste each day for each person, even though their schedule remains the same because it's not automatically setting it up properly. The new Auto scheduler should see that "Mindy works 9am-5pm Monday- Friday" every week and set it up that way, but it doesn't. It just decides what hours should be covered and randomly puts in everyone's schedule however it wants. It will also randomly start telling me that someone is working too many hours, even when I have them set up in the system for a 40 hour week and I'm only scheduling them 30 hours. There's an override, but it takes longer to set the schedule that way. I would also like to be able to see total paid time off easily, maybe even in a chart or report. We need to keep track of how many hours per year they have used.

Lex
Program Coordinator in USA

A breath of fresh air compared to when I wrote schedules with a pen and paper.

Kommentare: I love being able to see my employees' overall availability a week at a time, which makes scheduling so much easier. It would be helpful if System Administrators received a notification when a User changed their availability so I could continue to stay ahead of the schedule and be able to maneuver my team better. I do appreciate the ease of scheduling. It's not such a beast anymore!

Deputy has been a saving grace when it comes to writing schedules. I love the ease of saving locations and being able to house all of my employees' unavailability information in on place. What used to be a beast and take me anywhere from 3-5 hours to complete now can take me 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on staffing changes. Customer service is excellent, especially when setting up your account and being able to decide if Deputy is the best product for your company's use.

I wish the interface for System Administrators on the mobile application was more user friendly. With my work being partially field based, it would be super helpful to be able to manipulate scheduled on the go instead of needing to use a computer to solidify schedule changes. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this product.

Jon
Director in UK
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Deputy - We love the product

Kommentare: We have been using Deputy for about 15 months now and it is a great product that just keeps getting better and better with regular updates and new features. Comprehensive functionality and beautifully packaged to make it easy and intuitive for all users which is key to ensure staff adopt it well. We have used others but in my opinion it is the perfect product for our business.

It is a very friendly and intuitive product. We don't need to train new users, just add them to the system and it takes them through the basics quickly and easily. We just don't get questions from new staff on how to use it, clear simple instructions on a very intuitive platform just makes it easy to start new staff.

Very little. Would like better holiday tracking reporting but really not much else.

Antwort von Deputy

Hey Jon! Thanks so much for the awesome feedback, and we're so happy that you love Deputy as much as we do! In addition, it speaks volumes that your employees feel the same way. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions in the future, and we look forward to watching your business grow! Happy Scheduling, Team Deputy

Melissa
VP in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

No working

Kommentare: No customer service
No IT Service
No one knows how to fix anything and no one wants to help get it fixed.
Better off just finding a company who will beta test a update before throwing an update out there first
And one that has a legit 800# so you and your staff can get back on track when the software is a mess.

Was working for the time we had this Set up the system in September of 2021

The software was updated and through a code in the software. Which disabled my staffs open shift calendars. Call the 855# and no one can help. Send a message and still can't help. If you don't respond within 24 hours to a message they close your ticket and the problems aren't fixed. Call sales to see if someone can help and they may put you through to someone. But most likely back into the que so you can hear I can't help you. And message you rep and they don't answer emails. If they do they send you the 855# and back to square one.

Natashia
Owner in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I have loved the fact that I can have as many employees that I want

Kommentare: easy scheduling, great communication with my staff and the ability for my staff to drop shifts, switch shifts of take an open shift.

My staff and I really like the communication in the news feed, the ability to post PDF and images as needed to all my staff as I use it for my Staff Memos. I also like the ability for them to 'confirm' the message after they have read it. Having the chance to edit the start time of a shift is also helpful as sometimes you forget to log in and it can be adjusted.

It doesn't show the amount of hours scheduled in a day at the bottom like other software I have previously used. (When I work) and it also doesn't let you type large amounts of text in the news feed.You have to send multiple messages or upload a word document. Users have also complained that they can't view what the full shift times are of other staff working, just the start times of other people. It would also be nice to have multiple people able to log in on the same computer at once. currently one person has to log off before the other can log in.

Adam
Founder / President in USA

Simple program to use with great customer service

Simplicity in its use. I also enjoy the ease of inputting employees into the system and the ease of placing employees into shifts. Its quite easy to use and its functionality is great throughout all levels of use. I can tell you that the customer services is also wonderful and quick to reply to any need. They really have someone available around the clock which is quite helpful considering I often times get my admin work done later at night here in the US!

Overall, there is not much that I do not like, I do wish that Deputy integrated for little to no cost with accounting or other IT Software programs. I would love to integrate with other programs that I use, but the cost is just too high to do that with the small business that I have. Its ok...easy enough to do on my own due to the ease of use of the program overall.

Alicia

Deputy makes scheduling masses easier. A few features need to be added still though

I love that I can copy-paste a schedule from last week, make minor adjustments for employees who have other rotating schedules to work around, or vacation days... it also makes finding available replacements drastically easier

I dont like the printable version and I still prefer posting my schedule instead of only having it digital. I want my employees to see my notes for each shift publicly and so I have to screenshot them print which has resolution issues. Therefore I have to size increase the window (ctr+), take two different screenshots, and then stitch together with photoshop in order to share these notes. Also, we are a restaurant that does shifts to phase send people home in order of first clock in time depending on how busy/slow we are or when dinner rush slows down. There is no way to indicate this. I have to use shift end times as estimates and let employees know. Also our POS system Sapphire is not supported and we can't use the clock-in feature

Helen
Shop manager in Australien
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CountryOptusStore

Kommentare: We were using excel spread sheet, manually calculating hours and trying to juggle shift changes. Deputy has changed everything. Copy / paste roster templates, Swap shifts, Auto-calculation of hours, notifications when team members are unavailable - the list goes on.
I recommend this product to anyone I know that runs a business with multiple staff members.

Ease of copying roster into the timeframe and allocating appropriate team members

Export to Xero timesheets has to be altered manually in Xero for each line as details of type of hours worked does not match Xero. Annual / leave days taken and processed through Deputy transfer onto Xero payslips as individual days. So if a team member takes a week off, instead of it being 1 line of annual leave @ 38hours - it comes up as individual lines at whichever shift hour allocations it was originally for. Makes for an overly long payslip!!!

Laura
Manager in USA
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Deputy Staff Schedule Module

Deputy provides a fully functional scheduling module we use for our Veterinary practice. Our current software did not include time clock/ scheduling features. Deputy is a user friendly program that handles our paid time off requests, time clock functions, and work area assignments. Deputy has advanced security features such as photo capture at clock in, location of clock in, and password protected access. While providing these features, it also is user friendly.

Customer support is typically via chat, and their hours of operation do not always reflect US time zones.

Luv
Airport Service Manager in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Makes rosters a walk in the park

Kommentare: Deputy makes scheduling very easy. I started using Deputy over 12 months ago and I cannot imagine being without it. Checking, updating or even scheduling can be done via a smart phone or tablet. I have started using Deputy at all the 3 southern states that I manage with the same ease. Staff love it as well as new, changes or updates are published and sent to their smart phones instantly. I also love that I can contact deputy via the app or web app to raise a issue or ask for assistance. Also new feature requests can be made and where possible it will get implemented. Deputy have implemented features that keep improving the product. Keep up the great work.

Cloud solution which means I don't to have any special servers to support it in house

N/A

Antwort von Deputy

Thanks for your awesome feedback Luv! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling. - Team Deputy