Über Updox

HIPAA-konformer Textnachrichtenversand, Erinnerungen, Fax, Messaging und Video-Chat mit Patienten und anderen Anbietern über eine webbasierte Anwendung.

Erfahre mehr über Updox

I like the options of preview documents before managing them, multiple document management, and the customer service.

Bewertungen zu Updox

3,9

Updox hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 112 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Updox bereits verwendet?

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Added feature of PRactice Fusion

Kommentare: Highly recommended. I love using this. I just think if you don't have any other application then can do faxing electronically use this one.

We can receive and send referrals electronically. For me, it's very convenient if you're working from and or working as a Va and you have no access to a fax machine or you don't want to waste any more papers.

at first, setting this up is very confusing. you need to have assistance from the company in order to set this up with your printer or computer device.

Frank
Physician owner in USA

Updox

Kommentare: Only wish that we could have our office phone number identified when texts and calls go to the patients.

Allows rapid secure text messaging from my computer to patients. Ease to set up and learn. Allows easy fax retrieval and sorting. Not wasting paper for unwanted faxes. Charges are not per document or usage per client. Patients with appointments are easily reminded and asked to confirm the date. Cuts down on staff having to call each patient for a reminder (and the patients rarely answer our reminder call). They pay attention to their texts.

Patients cannot identify incoming texts due to random phone number generation by Updox. Patients are wary about opening the text since they do not recognize the phone number. Cannot upload PDF's forms for completion for the patients. They need to be recreated in the Updox platform first. We want to use our forms that we already have, not reformat and retype it in Updox.

Nick
Office Mgr in USA

Expensive add-on to Practice Fusion for little time-saving. Poor integration

1,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Sure it's better than having a separate secure messaging app and a secure fax, but the price for the little time-saving has become way too high. It's just not worth it anymore and our experience of "gotcha" un-announced 25% price hike is shady and poor business practice in my opinion. We will look at alternatives because Updox has not been upfront with us. Pricing is not listed on their website. They got us with a demo, promised the moon and then jack up the price when we have time vested in it.

We had big hopes for a communication app that integrates well with our EHR. Updox is expensive for what it is, essentially a TXT messaging and secure fax tool, and it still requires a ton of manual work and manipulation. There is not a lot to like about this tool. Maybe it saves a bit of time when compared to having a separate TXT messaging tool and secure fax but you pay a very high price for very little time saved.

It still requires a ton of manual work and manipulation. So, the integration is not great. It relies on a push/pull principle where you have to manually map and route every single item that comes in the queue and then pull the item from the EHR. VERY TIME CONSUMING. There are also down time and bug issues. Final straw is a 25% price hike without notice. The notice sent mentioned 6% and they charged 25%. I brought it up the management and they didn't care and stuck to their 25% price hike for us. I would not recommend based on our experience.

Renea
Office Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Updox is one of the most important programs we use in our office.

I am able to work from anywhere and complete my job. I can communicate with patients any time of day. Messaging is one of my absolute favorite features in Updox!

Telehealth is a feature that has not always been consistant so we also use another platform.

Cody
Accounts Manager in USA
Alternative Medizin, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazingly Easy to Use

The software in incredibly easy to use. I can send faxes from my medical records software to other facilities, and I can receive information and input it directly to patient files as well. This has saved me so much time, and makes running the accounts receivable portion of our business MUCH easier. The tools available cover all facets of thing I need, (highlight, redact, digital signatures, etc.) and I only needed to be shown the tools once to understand how to use them.

Sometimes it takes a little while for something I've "printed" to show up in the inbox, but that would be the case for a normal printer anyway. A quick "refresh" of the page gets it sorted, but speeding this process would be my only request!

Bassem
Systems Dev Coordinator in USA
Pharmazeutika, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product. Can be better.

Kommentare: It is pleasing, but can be better.

Its versatility and consistency. You can easily trust it to ensure that everything you needed done will be done, and if for any reason it is unable to send a fax or a message, it will alert you. It also has great staff/user settings that help in larger teams.

The inability to fax blast to a contact list. The complexity of adding/importing contact lists. The UI gets messy pretty quickly.

Dan
BH Director in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Updox Video

Kommentare: Updox representative responds to needs quickly and service has made telehealth transition quick and relatively easy.

The ease of which links can be sent to patients and connectedness to our EMR is fantastic.

We are excited for the ability to add multiple attendees in family separation situations and group offerings. We are also interested in expanded capabilities including online screening formats. Some users have difficult enabling video/audio equipment.

Sheila
Nurse Practitioner, owner in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software option for telemed, secure and easy to use!

Kommentare: Updox Video Chat has made a real difference in my ability to care for my patients. The quick roll out to address the need for telehealth in the midst of the pandemic helped me to continue to serve my patients when they needed it most.

The software is easy to use from both the provider and patient side. There is no app to download, and I find my older patients really appreciate that. Video quality is good. It is secure, which is important in a medical practice.

I would like to see better functionality with charting and using video chat simultaneously. Right now I have to either write notes and transcribe later, or use two computer screens. It would be nice if I could make the chat small and put it in the corner so I could see both at the same time.

Teresa
Accounting Administrator in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product, easy to use

Kommentare: Had just a few problems with the initial startup with my computer illiterate co-workers, lol.

I like the ease of using Updox. I can tag people with faxes for their department, I can edit documents before sending. We were using the old school fax system and having trouble getting faxes or partial faxes . With Updox, we haven't missed anything. And the option to keep the faxes in archive is awesome. Very happy with our purchase.

The only thing I would change is showing the user name who sent the fax in case it doesn't go thru.

Diana
Diana
Medical Scribe/Support Staff in USA

Nice platform

Kommentare: Sales and IT departments are easy to work with. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable.

Easy to use. Convenience to use from any device.

Crashing issues. It does crash almost daily with slow importing or inability to send to patient portals.

Antwort von Updox

Thank you for reviewing Updox. We appreciate the feedback and are glad our solution works well for your business. If you do experience any downtime, please make sure to check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, you can always reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing!

Joanne
owner in USA

Customer service problems

Kommentare: Excellent until this July, and terrible after that. This summer when they changed their business model they became a totally different company doing a totally different product. With no warning, they were "telamedicine" and not a secure fax catchment system. Probably they were taken over by someone who had vicious business habits.

In its previous rendition UpDox was very good and easy to use.

They changed their business model and become a more expensive rendition (four times as expensive) without warning and without giving the users a chance to move out. Their customer service did not respond. When I finally talked to a person (after calling sales, because no one else answers) they claimed they had tried to call and email the clinic many times. They did not because they had my personal cell phone that keeps records, and my personal email that does the same. They were lying. Then the representative said I was "borderline racist" because I objected to the fact that their "chat" option, the only one they previously allowed me to use was actually people from another country who had no power to do any actions at all. Then when I finally got a person on the line to cancel, after three months of calling, and three months of charging me four times the amount we had contracted for, they would not refund my money because supposedly they "had been available to use and had tried to contact me." Lying. The new business model. I am contacting my bank to let them know not to accept any more withdrawals from this company.

Antwort von Updox

Dr. Holland We're sorry you've had a difficult recent relationship with Updox. One clarification: Our "chat" option is staffed entirely by our own employees who work out of our Ohio office. We're proud of our diverse workforce that includes staff from different backgrounds, all of whom are empowered to provide exceptional service to our customers. While our business model has not changed (nor has our ownership), COVID obviously had a huge impact across healthcare and our telehealth solution (which we actually launched in 2019) became vital to many providers. Thank you for your previous partnership.

Jacqueline
CMA, Medical Office Manager in USA

Not very visually appealing

Kommentare: We are about to eliminate our fax machine and have our incoming correspondence go directly to Updox, to eliminate paper waste, so that is a good thing. In general, however, the lack of response when the entire system is down is really a detriment to operations. I think that if they know that the entire network is down, they should send an email blast or something to notify users that it is on their end and not the practitioner's end.

The best feature of this program is that it allows you to color your messages by user, so you know which of the many items in the inbox belongs to which user.

Imported pages are impossible to read. I don't understand the concept of the hovering magnifying glass. Why can't you see the entire page at once? It's not at all user friendly when it comes to being visually appealing or easy to use.

Antwort von Updox

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. We have forwarded your question and information to our product team for evaluation. If you do experience any additional downtime, please check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. For future questions or concerns, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thank you for Updoxing!

Chuck
adminstrator in USA

Not for small practice

Kommentare: If you have a small practice, this is not the software for you. You can do better, much cheaper. In addition, when we signed up, the agent quoted us a price of 2000 dollars annually. They charged our card 3600 dollars. When I protested they dropped the price to 3200 dollars. I personally felt we had been duped but we were trying to get out from under a ton of paperwork and decided to try it because it would allow us to text electronic forms to our patients. Their texting works, but the patient needs to be in your system. We live in rural Maine, most of our patients were not comfortable filling out online forms. We ended up modifying our existing forms to cut down on paperwork. So, we were using updox as just a very overpriced fax service. We figured we would wait out our year and not renew. Then faxes started getting lost. The people sending faxes said they were coming back as undeliverable. I set up a ticket and support could not find a problem. I told them we wanted to cancel. They refused to refund any money, which is what I expected. This product might be ok for a larger practice, but small practices beware.

Their support is good and responded in a timely manner and the tech was pleasant.

The fax was unreliable. We previously used SFax and it cost a fraction of what Updox charges and we never lost a fax. Using Updox, we have lost several faxes and have encountered problems sending.

Lori
Clinic Director in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

UPDOX -- from a users view

Kommentare: As stated above.

Our staff appreciates how user friendly the faxing and patient reminder features work.

The Video Chat feature is not user friendly and frequently disconnects in the middle of a visit or buffers multiple times during a patient visit. We have chosen to not use it.

Ruth
physician in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Indispensable addition to the office

Kommentare: Saving time, paper, and effort for faxes and reminders.

Updox is my fax machine. It is so easy to use, and saves paper and time. I can import directly to my electronic medical record, I can get faxes from home and respond quickly to requests that come via fax. I t has saved a lot of time for my office staff, they don't have to call patients any more because they get reminders.

The reminder system needs to have more options

Richard
Physician in USA

Saved our practice during COVID-19

Kommentare: We perform drug tests at every visit. Switching to Video Chat allowed us to replace urine tests with saliva tests, which are easier to monitor for us. This has helped reduce the number of patients coming through the office and allowed patients to stay at home during the Shelter at Home orders.

Video Chats are very easy to use on our end and allow us to take pictures of patients and the results of their tests so that the providers can review them later if necessary. We like that patients do not have to download an app to use, and can access on phones, laptops, tablets, or home computers.

The quality of pictures unfortunately is poor sometimes even on newer phones, but this might be a function on internet quality. It would be nice to be able to customize the Summary Page more before importing files into charts.

Matthew
Senior Director of Innovation in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A good solution if you are an EHR user. Needs help as a stand alone product

I have not lost a fax or had an issue with faxes not sending. Almost no downtime in 7 years.

I do not want to add a number to my contacts when I send a fax. I would like to setup routing rules. I would like to make sending faxes easier for my team: If they had an email address where they could email an attachment with the outbound phone number in the subject.

Barbara
HR Director in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Still on the ledge about Updox

Kommentare: Overall, after getting used to using the program, I am fairly satisfied with it. Just takes some getting used to how to use it.

I have been using Updox intermittently for a little over a year. This program was implented for our company use by our IT guys. I know that myself and many of my co-workers found it confusing and complicated to use at first. It took some getting used to. Now that I have figured Updox out, I can load my faxes fairly quickly and check back for my results. It's maybe not the most user friendly program but it gets the job done.

I have told our IT guys several times that I am still able to see other departments faxes and they can probably see mine. This is an issue as I am in HR and handle many confidential documents. IT tells me other depts can't see my documents sent but considering I can see theirs, I'm sure they can see mine. I think there needs to be a clear indication for each dept. that there is confidential areas when using Updox. I don't like that I have to keep "refreshing" to see if a fax went through. Even though I have checked the option for Updox to notify me when the fax is completed, I still never get any alerts.

Suzanne
MD in USA

Time saver

Kommentare: I can fax from anywhere and can communicate in a hipaa-compliant fashion with my patience

I use this with amazing charts and it integrates perfectly. I am able to send HIPAA compliant messages to my patience

It is not easy to search for something unless it happens to be in the title of the subject

brittany
Student in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

no paper fax

Kommentare: Overall this system has been helpful during my workplace!

I really liked how the software is paper friendly because instead of receiving fax paper through a fax machine, you are able to receive in electronically. I think this saves a lot of paper and also helps import into patients electronic charts easier. I also like how the feature also connects to a lot of EHR systems so that it is easily transferred.

There are times where I wouldn't be able to receive fax from other medical practices and would receive many calls of if we had received their fax. I am not sure if it is due to connection or just the software itself but that was one con about this software for me.

Antwort von Updox

Thank you for your review of Updox. We appreciate the feedback and are glad our solution is working so well for your business. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, you can always reach out to your Customer Success Manager - who is your dedicated resource to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing!

vimarie
biller/coder in USA

great product

The text message feature helps us connect easier with our patients in reminding of appointments.

I do not have any cons at this time. Everything has worked great for my use of the system/product.

janet
manager in USA

Updox keeps you connected

The system is reliable and offers support that prompt and informative. It is HIPAA compliant so our patient's information can be shared securely.

Some areas are slightly confusing at first but the great support helps you navigate and then becomes easy to continue on your own.

Tonya
Insurance/Billing Supervisor in USA

Honest Opinon

Kommentare: Only one system for sending and receiving faxes and also the ease of reminders being in the same system also

I love the Blast feature of the product and also the ease of dropping in files to be faxed.

Not enough characters for custom blast messages and limits on which patients you can include/exclude in the blast messages

Nia
Revenue and office management in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

Great productivity

Kommentare: Overall this has been an easy transition and patients seems to enjoy it

I like how it it is user friendly and it has help out office work flow tremendously

The least thing I like is our her patient portal does not compatible. So we can’t use the forms for patients through text

Sherry
Office Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Video Chat Helps Keep our Patients & Staff Healthy & Safe

Kommentare: We purchased originally for patients to come to our office and be connected to our provider who is out-of-state this year on a fellowship; however, due to COVID-19 pandemic we ultimately began using to reach patients at their homes while we were at the office. Here in Illinois with an extended stay-at-home order from April 30th to now thru May 29th, we are very glad to be able to offer this service to our patients with the help of insurance companies covering this type of service as well during this difficult time. We would not have been able to help patients who are unable to come to our office due to transportation services being limited in our rural area due to COVID-19 as well as those patients who do not want to venture out of their homes during this time.

Video Chat was easy to set-up and very convenient for our providers and patients. We simply send a link to our patient's smart phone, allow their camera to have access, and then they are connected to our provider here thru video chat. Our provider can take notes while talking to the patient and take pictures when applicable for documentation and treatment purposes.

I can not think of anything at this time that is difficult or could be changed at this point.