EmailOctopus Erfahrungen

Erfahre mehr über EmailOctopus

Brian S.
Brian S.
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"KISS for email marketing"

Kommentare: I use it to send a weekly email to my former ukulele students (300+). I also send out 'tech tips' to authors on a semi-regular basis.

Vorteile: What I love most about email octopus is the simplicity of it. The interface is minimal by design which doesn't derail me when I just need to get an email out to my lists.

Nachteile: I would love it if they supported markdown.

• Bewertet am 1.9.2020
Josh E.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.3.2021

"Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!"

Kommentare: Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

Vorteile: The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

Nachteile: In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: SendGrid

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde: MailChimp is good, but far too expensive, esp. when you have a larger email database and send out weekly newsletters.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus: While SendGrid is known for their ultra-high deliverability rate, the UX of their platform is sub-optimal. We managed to figure things out, but their built-in email templates were seriously lacking in creativity and weren't optimised for mobile at all. After signing up with Email Octopus, we ensured that everything was properly set up with Amazon SES (which granted, took a bit of reading up), but we now have an above average deliverability, open and click rate.

• Bewertet am 8.3.2021
Jan sigetty B.
Jan sigetty B.
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.9.2018

"Unfair comparison with Mailchimp"

Kommentare: I like it, but that's because I found workarounds. Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and copy/paste the HTML. It works fine that way.

Vorteile: I moved from MailChimp, because of the price tag. Octopus is way cheaper, but it's still possible to send the same quality emails and that's​ great.

Nachteile: 1. A better interface to make your own template/design. Limitations in fonts, sizes, etc 2. List features are limited. No way to create segments or groups based on subscriber data. 3. Regarding reports: A graphic overview of where the clicks are placed.

von EmailOctopus an 4.10.2018

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback. We have some good news on the campaign editor- we've just launched our new drag & drop email builder.

It's only in Beta at the moment, however I've added it to your account and you'll be able to use it in your next campaign.

More updates to come based on your feedback, too.

Thanks again,

Aronu C.
Digital Marketer
  • Bewertet am 12.7.2021

"Simplicity and Cost Effective Pricing"

Vorteile: Among all the email marketing platforms I have tried, I must say that EmailOctopus comes out on top in terms of simplicity, pricing and support. Their email deliverability is also very good. Feel free to check them out.

Nachteile: Email automation reporting not advanced.

• Bewertet am 12.7.2021
Jargon D.
  • Bewertet am 17.2.2021

"This is the one!"

Kommentare: 10/10

Vorteile: EmailOctopus was SOOOOOO easy to use! I love it. I came over discouraged AF from trying MailChimp. Anyone whoever used MailChimp either has a degree in the software or hired someone. It is ridiculously difficult to use and it embeds itself into everything. EmailOctopus is so simple and effective. I got real-time results and I ended up making quite a bit of money emailing old customers. I will definitely be using EmailOctobus from here on out.

Nachteile: The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't find it sooner.

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde: MailChimp was too difficult to use

Zuvor genutzte Software: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus: EmailOctupus is easy to use and doesn't require much setup. Zero headaches, zero nonsense

• Bewertet am 17.2.2021
Kat S.
  • Bewertet am 30.3.2021

"Can't beat the features for the price"

Kommentare: My overall experience has been positive. I'm comfortable with tech, so setting this up with AWS wasn't difficult. I like the user interface and I think deliverability is at least moderate. I've been able to save 10-20 month using EmailOctopus over the more mainstream and pricey email providers, so I'm happy.

Vorteile: I like that I have 90% of the functionality as with the more expensive options, like MailerLite. This allows me to build my newsletter list without the hefty price tag.

Nachteile: I wish there were more analysis-type features, like being able to tell me at a glance which subscribers haven't opened an email in six months, and then a mechanism to pull that group out and cull them from my list. Right now the process is manual and time-consuming.

• Bewertet am 30.3.2021
Kristian V.
Founder & MD
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.4.2021

"Simple & Effective"

Kommentare: Incredible. In the time & age where platform are becoming extremely bulky, EmailOctopous keeps it simple, clean, automated. Customer support is on point every time.

Vorteile: - Simple yet powerful

• Bewertet am 28.4.2021
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2021

"Simple mailing lists"

Kommentare: I don't think I've ever had a better experience integrating with an API than with EmailOctopus. Their email support is also one of the best I've ever dealt with.

Vorteile: I like how quickly I was able to set it up. I also frequently give their API documentation as an example of a perfectly written document. While composing a new campaign, the UI doesn't get in the way and I'm able to just get down to work.

Nachteile: I couldn't figure out a way to "merge" multiple user lists, or send a campaign to users from multiple different lists at once.

• Bewertet am 11.6.2021
  • Bewertet am 25.7.2019

"Fantastic low-cost email host"

Kommentare: I needed an easy and inexpensive way to host email. This has done the trick and then some! Really pleasantly surprised.

Vorteile: Very easy to use, inexpensive. Great deliverability!

Nachteile: Doesn't have an easy way to segment your subscribers.

von EmailOctopus an 24.4.2020

Hi there,

We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business.

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,

• Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Teresa F.
Service Designer
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2020

"Solid free option for creating campaigns and sending newsletters"

Kommentare: It was easy to start using EmailOctopus, create and send newsletters, and keep track of their stats. Wound up switching back to MailChimp because newsletters often did not reach many of the recipients with EmailOctupus.

Vorteile: - The free version is good enough for use in a small company
- Campaigns are easy to create, start, and track
- Mailing lists are easy to create, import, export and edit
- Easy to use, even for new users

Nachteile: - Emails often did not reach their target recipients
- Editor could have more features

• Bewertet am 5.8.2020
Ian R.
  • Bewertet am 10.12.2019

"I Only Use This Software Because it Works"

Kommentare: I ave never really had any issues with Email Octopus and only have good things to say. If you are using something else for your email services, I highly recommend you check this out. They are easy to use, very affordable, and the service is clean/not bogged down with a bunch of stuff that no one uses.

Vorteile: Easy to use dashboard, all the basic features I want without all the fluff of the other software out there, and the price is WAY better than most

Nachteile: It can be a pain to set it up with AWS. I would recommend getting an AWS freelancer to set it up for you initially if you don't know how to work with it

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Constant Contact

Maisarah S.
Marketing Executive
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.6.2021

"Simple and cheap for a email marketing manager software"

Vorteile: EmailOctopus provides a dependable platform at a reasonable price, with exceptional customer service. Questions are swiftly and thoroughly answered. The platform is simple to use and offers a wide range of options that i have use to write our newsletter and email marketing content.

Nachteile: I'd want to see the email builder drag and drop functionality enhanced. It works okay, and the emails are attractive, but it isn't as polished as some other newsletter builder software that I have used. The email template should be more customizable and easy to add a design into it.

• Bewertet am 14.6.2021
Ryan B.
Ryan B.
Trustee, Area 7
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.9.2018

"Best Email Service Anywhere"

Kommentare: Outstanding. I have so much control and flexibility to use this service for so many bulk emailing applications and I can scale up or down to mirror my busy seasons. I have been thrilled with this service for years.

Vorteile: I have been a user of EmailOctopus for years and have seen the company, services, and functionality grow and develop over time. The customer service has been extraordinary whenever I have had questions and I have always received highly respectful communications from this company. They know that your success makes them succeed as well so they are in your corner every step of the way and they treat customers fairly at all times. The ease and flexibility of this web-based program are outstanding and I have made recommendations in the past that have since been implemented. What the service is now is a godsend for anyone needing to send bulk emails whether frequently or occasionally because they allow you to scale up or down to your needs, which I see as further proof of their customer first philosophy. The setup is easy if you follow the instructions or ask for any help and once you are setup with amazon and email octopus, you can be confident that you will achieve everything you desire with this service. Best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

Nachteile: None Exist. Try to change my mind. This service is outstanding.

Mikey C.
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

"Reliable and cost-effective"

Kommentare: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Vorteile: EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Nachteile: I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MailerLite und Mailchimp

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde: I wanted to switch from a self-hosted email platform to a hosted one, and it was important that the service I chose integrated with Bookfunnel and my website.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus: I've tried all those listed and a few more. MailerLite let me down several times. They were unreliable and their support was poor. Sendfox is very basic and charges for options such as single optin lists. Mailpoet has a great editor and integrates with my site beautifully, but it didn't integrate with Bookfunnel, and that was a dealbreaker. Mailchimp has become very expensive.

Freeman L.
Freeman L.
CMO
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 26.10.2020

"Love EmailOctopus!"

Vorteile: EmailOctopus is focused on one thing - helping you send beautiful emails to your subscribers. It's not bloated, it's simple to use, and it's priced very competitively. We switched from Mailchimp a few years ago. We love the ability to use our Amazon SES account to keep costs low for our high volume of weekly email sends. I've also switched client's from Mailchimp to the EmailOctopus Pro plan and it always saves them time and money.

Nachteile: Would be great to have more integrations with other content management systems but they keep improving every day!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: AWeber, Mailchimp, Mailchimp Transactional Email, ConvertKit und Drip Email Marketing

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde: Price and ease of use. You shouldn't need a course to be able to understand how to use your email management service.

• Bewertet am 26.10.2020
Sumeet C.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.11.2020

"Best Email Marketing System"

Kommentare: Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

Vorteile: I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Nachteile: Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

• Bewertet am 5.11.2020
Steven W.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.8.2020

"E-mail Octopus is a great platform"

Kommentare: Overall, our experience has been great. Any time I've had a question or a problem the support center is very responsive, even factoring in the time lag because I'm in the United States and they are in Great Britain.

Vorteile: E-mail Octopus is very easy to use. It is an intuitive program. Over the past three years that we have been using it it has been nearly flawless. But the best thing about it is it's affordability and flexibility.

Nachteile: If I had to pick just one thing about the program that I would change would be on the reporting side. It gives good data about the number of opens, numbers who unsubscribe and bounces. However when they report clicks the base it not just on the number of opens but also factor in even the number who never opened the e-mail. To me, that doesn't make sense. How can you report data on someone who never even opens the e-mail.The realistic number of click throughs should be based on the actual number of the people who have opened the e-mail. That is the most accurate data a user like myself can benefit from.

Brian T.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.9.2020

"Small Agency ESP Review"

Kommentare: Very positive.

Vorteile: We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Nachteile: Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Chameleon, SendGrid, CampaignerCRM und Emma

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde: Better value

Zuvor genutzte Software: Stream Send E-Mail Marketing

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus: Easy decision. EmailOctupus offered the best value for our agency.

• Bewertet am 11.9.2020
Phil S.
Phil S.
Digital Director
  • Bewertet am 6.10.2020

"The Ronseal of Email Platforms - Does exactly what it says on the tin!"

Vorteile: Nutshell - AWESOME. Ease of use. After failing to be able to achieve what we needed with a well known competitor we switched. We had spent four days trying to import our list with the competitor but were unable to due to limitations in the host software.

Nachteile: No landing page. Sure its fine for us, we have a website page specifically for capturing new signups but some will not have this ability. For example in the MLM world the 'rep' or 'agent' may not have or need an actual website but will absolutely need email marketing with a very simple way to capture new users. Something with a url that would allow for sharing on social networks. Integration with Wordpress isn't very 'pretty'! We're having to use web hooks in a separate form to pass the data through automation to our audience list. The WP plugin isn't, and very probably never will be, as powerful as some of the built in tools within modern WP page builders. Unfortunately whilst the bigger guys tend to get their platforms integrated into WP plugins, it helps the plugin devs sell the product, EmailOctopus isn't current being supported. WP plugin devs, if you're reading this, make it happen!!

Sheila R.
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 1.3.2021

"Email Octopus makes it designing and sending emails easy and affordable"

Kommentare: I'm getting more emails out and having more interaction with my customers. With the algorithms on social media changing daily, being able to consistently connect with my customers through email marketing is so important.

Vorteile: Email Octopus is so much easier to use that other email marketing products. The templates are simple and impactful, making sending new email campaigns an absolute breeze instead of a full-time job.

Nachteile: The only thing I would suggest is that email octopus develop an app for mobile users. That would make it even easier to use!

• Bewertet am 1.3.2021
Jacques-louis K.
Marketer
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.8.2019

"I tried many Email services and EmailOctopus is my favorite"

Vorteile: - Very low cost: EmailOctopus uses Amazon Simple Mail Service to send emails, for a fraction of the cost of other email platforms - Integrated API: I automate my list building using EmailOctopus full featured API. I can connect EmailOctopus to my workflow - Real-time statistics: watch in real time how your campaigns perform - Outstanding support: I needed support to use the API and got great help from them

Nachteile: It lacks a list segmentation feature and the list contacts editing could be more user friendly.

von EmailOctopus an 24.4.2020

Hi Jacques-Louis,

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,

• Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Phillip C.
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.10.2020

"CEO"

Vorteile: not as expensive! it's easy to use and works great! Never had a problem with it and always have had good success with it.

Nachteile: I'd like some more functionality but I understand if I need to pay to get those things.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde: less expensive

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus: less expensive

• Bewertet am 28.10.2020
Full Time Translator
Verlagswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2021

"Not-so-bad Alt to MailChimp"

Vorteile: The fact that the free version comes with 2500 subscribers. 200 more than MailChimp.

Nachteile: For me there's no serious cons of this software. they did good job in improving their drag and drop editor. But i don't feel they keep up with enough updates. The sector of email marketing providers is crowded and if you don't keep up like what MailChimp did with launching Inbox and Surveys features plus their brand new editor: We as customers and therefore our clients will choose the most advanced solution.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp Transactional Email und MailerLite

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde: Client requests

Zuvor genutzte Software: Mailchimp und MailerLite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus: Client requests and project requirements

• Bewertet am 11.2.2021
Ashleigh S.
  • Bewertet am 15.10.2020

"The Perfect Solution"

Kommentare: I had a suggestion for a new feature and contacted customer service. They responded within hours and were extremely friendly. I have been very pleased with this program and will definitely be recommending it to others.

Vorteile: I examined many email clients before selecting Email Octopus. What really made this program stand above the rest was the fact that I could have 2500 subscribers on my list and still remain on the free program.

Nachteile: The "Drag and Drop" feature in the email builder has a slight learning curve, but it is still much easier to use than other programs I've worked with.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: AWeber, Mailchimp, MailerLite, ConvertKit und ActiveCampaign

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus: EmailOctopus had the largest number of subscribers on the free version and was the easiest to use.

• Bewertet am 15.10.2020
Ryan A.
Ryan A.
Politische Organisation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.10.2020

"EmailOctopus is my go-to solution for mass emailing."

Kommentare: Fast. Reliable. Responsive. Very satisfied.

Vorteile: The software and the team behind it are fast, reliable, and responsive. I work in politics and things need to happen quickly to be impactful, which is why EmailOctopus is my go-to solution when I need to get a message out and get a report back on how well it was received.

Nachteile: I would add more data fields to list importing so I could segment better to one list.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde: Their customer service wasn't as good!

Zuvor genutzte Software: Sendinblue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus: Too costly by comparison to my needs.