Über EmailOctopus

E-Mail-Marketing für weniger, via Amazon SES

Erfahre mehr über EmailOctopus

Integration was easy, the software is easy to use overall. Easy to manage your contact lists for ab testing.

Lack of functionalities as for automation and possibility of team work.

Bewertungen zu EmailOctopus

EmailOctopus hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 426 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du EmailOctopus bereits verwendet?

Andre
Andre
Founder in USA
Musik, Selbstständig

Email Octopus is Worth It

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Email Octopus has been great. I’m able to easily send emails and build my list.

I have only been using an email newsletter for 6 months, so I’m new to email marketing. Email Octopus has a straightforward list management tool that I find easy to use. I like that my dashboard gives me my recent campaign stats. For someone like myself who is just starting to build a list, the price is great and the functionality is simple and easy to understand and execute.

Now that I’m 6 months in with Email Octopus, I wish they had some deeper engagement tracking per subscriber - i.e. location, time of open. Some deeper engagement tracking would help in understanding how, when, and where subscribers are interacting with the campaign.

Paul
Editor in Ecuador
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

EmailOctopus is my new go to EMS

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Everything from onboarding and list impor to automations and building my first campaigns has been a breeze. I had a few questions initially, but the team got back to me right away. I started out on Mailerlite and was in the +40% open rate. Then MailChimp dropped that to +30% open rate because my emails were going to spam due to their generic spammy click tracking links getting flagged by Gmail. After switching to EmailOctopus, my open rate has returned to +40% and my deliverability issues are over.

EmailOctopus has incredible customer service, which was extremely important to me when choosing a new EMS. Their live chat is extremely responsive, and you're talking with folks who can actually help you, as opposed to outsourced help who are reading from a FAQ document.

Their editor could be improved a bit. Sometimes it jumps around if I paste a large HTML section, for example. The editor in general could just be a little more fluid, but it gets the job done.

Ankit
Founder in Indien
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A good affordable email marketing tool

Kommentare: Overall, I had a good experience, but I really wish that they fix their email builder, and it's buggy.

Even though EmailOctopus(EO) is a relatively new tool but it has all the features you will expect it to have. The best this is that it's really affordable.

The major problem with EmailOctopus is there UI of email builder. It's really bad and buggy. Also if you try pasting content from Ms-Word or Notion then it changes the formatting which is troublesome to edit. Also if you want to run referral programs for your newsletter then EmailOctopus has very few integrations. They also pushed new update for their forms which makes it compulsory to use it with iframe and not custom html tags. That makes it very static and you can't use your own designs.

Antwort von EmailOctopus

Hi Ankit, Thanks for the review and glad you love our value for money. In respects to your feedback around the email builder, you'll be glad to know we are overhauling it this year and making it much simpler to copy and paste from your favourite tools, while retaining the correct formatting. Our forms, as you've also mentioned, saw an update last year. I think you may have misunderstood the update, as we do not use iFrames and we never have done. All our forms can be style completely by you using CSS, and we have no plans to ever change that. We agree iFrames are not the right solution to use. If you'd like help styling your forms, please contact our team and we'd be glad to show you how.

Mandy
Education Programme Co-ordinator in UK
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

EmailOctopus is great!

Easy to set up - great & timely help from the EmailOctopus team when needed They give discounts for charities

One thing - It would be useful to be able to delete certain dates in Recurring Events without having to delete each event individually. There's nothing else I can think of!

Kirsten
Owner in UK
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Excellent customer service

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I have been very pleased with my experience with EO, so much so that I have recently opened a second account for a charity I'm involved with. I love the ethos of this company - happy to help and support all businesses and organisations, no matter the size, with a big emphasis of excellent customer service.

Because of the number of subscribers I have, I am on EO's free plan. However, EO's customer service is brilliant, and I find the design interface and admin dashboard very easy and intuitive to use.

Nothing - I have been very happy with the service provided.

Freya J.
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Better bang for your buck

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

EmailOctopus is a more accessible, user-friendly approach to email marketing than other products I've seen. Instead of trying to woo people with fancy design and loads of features, their site design and client dashboard lets the product speak for itself. Everything I need is easy to find.

I wish EmailOctopus had the features I liked about Convertkit, so I wouldn't feel like I was missing too much. For instance, I'd create opt-ins with lead magnets, so someone would subscribe and be sent that opt-in — without me needing to create an automation JUST for that opt-in/lead magnet.

Ruth
Author in UK
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Easy, professional service with great support.

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Easy to use with great support pages to help me switch over initially and then to continue to make my email campaigns the best I can make them.
I'd recommend EmailOctopus to anyone who's unfamiliar with setting up email subscriptions. But it's great to anyone really, no matter the level of experience.

The ease of making up an email to send out to my subscribers. EmailOctopus isn't the first service I've used over the years, but it's by far the easiest one to navagate.

It can get pricey when you need to upgrade. But that's pretty much true across the board these days. And you do get what you pay for.

Raul
Realtor in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Amazing Email Marketing Solution!

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Easy to use, affordable & it works flawlessly.

The purple color design everywhere you look.

Hrvoje
DevOps Engineer in Schweiz
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

I love EmailOctopus

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Simplicity of use, and yet it is extremly reliable and feature rich.

Reliabilitiy and sticking with formula that works. Over the years there are constant improvements... but general forumla of being very simple and practical to use always stays. Kudos!

Rory
Rory
Director in UK
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Good via console and API

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: They have been good to work with and their product is of very good quality. The end result of the emails produced is clearly the most important and these are very good. There has been one price increase during the few months that I have been with them.

We use the Connect features to use our own sending infrastructure, whilst Email Octopus handles list management for us. The API is just about enough for what we need from it but has been very quick to integrate with our applications. The email design features are good, and the end result of mails to customers is great.

Unlike some of the larger providers, there is no first party API SDKs available for PHP/Laravel. However, there is enough community engagement to make 3rd party ones which work well, and looking at the underlying API it would be straightforward to make your own.

Josh
CEO in Südafrika
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!

Kommentare: Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Donald
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

A good inexpensive way to get your email business rolling

Kommentare: Overall EmailOctpus has done a good job handling what I throw at them and they fit my budget pretty well. Service has been better here than in the other more well know places tried in the past. They seem to be more service-orientated and willing to go the extra mile to help if needed. I'd say I have been pretty happy with most of what they have to offer.

The 2500 price point is a great help for those starting out gives them a bit more time to learn and start making some money with their list and to make the payment easier too. Most of the help tutors are easy to understand and if you have trouble the support has been outstanding. Even though it is a chat and I usually don't care for that but theirs has been top-notch. They have good knowledgeable people working the chat and that really a big plus.

Pros: They are reasonably priced and offer excellent support. Easy to learn and use with a low learning curve in most areas. They also have more advanced options for integration into many of the more well-known platforms for controlling larger businesses. You also have a knowledge base you can go to when Chat is offline at night that which is very helpful for people like me that do a lot at night.Cons: My biggest pet peeve with them is not being able to use HTML templates made by others you are kinda stuck using theirs and some of them are not too professional looking or fit the needs to might have. Yeah, I'm old school but I can make them work the way I need easier to install on some websites I have custom software and I have to create workarounds to get things working sometimes.

Thomas
Publisher in USA
Zeitung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Newsletter Publishing and List Maintenance Service

Kommentare: After a service I'd been using for eight years started developing functionality problems, I checked out competitors and came to EmailOctopus on the basis of a recommendation. Haven't looked back.

Everything WORKS. It's easy to import lists. It's easy to set up lead capture pages to get new subscribers. It's easy to create newsletter templates. It's easy to publish campaigns and get them delivered.

There's nothing I dislike about EmailOctopus, but if I could suggest one feature it would be social media account linking as opposed to having to manually post links to campaign emails to Facebook and Twitter.

Ahmed
Co-Founder & CTO in Ägypten
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The most to-the-point software I have ever used

Kommentare: My overall experience is very positive; I wished that I had switched earlier

EmailOctopus comes as an acronym for value-for-money; it does the job as efficient as a $4k/month software but doesn't leave the guilt when skipping some campaigns

With a lack of direct integrations, using Zapier is easy but costly. However, they provide a straightforward API that I'm planning to make use of, but of course, it'd be even better to have direct integration available

Josephine
Owner, Creator in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Excellent email management platform for small business

I like the ease of use, excellent and very responsive customer service, affordability.

Some of the email functions are not perfect; for instance, I sometimes have trouble setting the right font size for my email campaigns.

Jargon
Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This is the one!

Kommentare: 10/10

EmailOctopus was SOOOOOO easy to use! I love it. I came over discouraged AF from trying MailChimp. Anyone whoever used MailChimp either has a degree in the software or hired someone. It is ridiculously difficult to use and it embeds itself into everything. EmailOctopus is so simple and effective. I got real-time results and I ended up making quite a bit of money emailing old customers. I will definitely be using EmailOctobus from here on out.

The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't find it sooner.

Ben
Manager in UK
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Better than the monkey!

Kommentare: EmailOctopus has allowed us to have bigger lists (compared to the monkey) before hitting a paid limit. It's allowed us to target smaller but more effective segments of our lists with different campaigns.

The limits on free accounts are higher than the famous Monkey brand and the reports are nicely detailed. Custom fields allow good segmentation of lists and it's super simple to use them in the email content.

The builder for email is sometimes a little convoluted with the side panel that pops out to edit details like buttons etc. It's not always clear if a change has been saved.

Mary
Founder, Director in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

I traded the monkey for an octopus and never looked back.

Kommentare: Overall I am thrilled to bits, and I am sure as time goes on that the software is only going to get better and better. I have suggested to many of my clients that they consider Email Octopus for their marketing emails provider.

I am a solopreneur who is in the process of building her email empire. At the moment, I have an absolutely tiny email list. I was really struggling to find a company that could meet my needs as someone just getting started. So many other providers were so expensive that I could not justify the cost of the program. Email Octopus is a company that will grow with me - and won't break my budget once I get to where I want to be. Building emails is simple - it works just like other drag-n-drop email builders, but the difference is that it is somehow even easier to use. The landing page builder is also simple and functional. The couple of interactions I have had with the Email Octopus team have been overwhelmingly positive.

Audience segmentation leaves some things to be desired. While Email Octopus is on par with Constant Contact and Flodesk in terms of segmentation, they don't have as many customization options as MailChimp. This isn't a problem for me right now at this stage, but it is something that I am a little worried about for the future.

Jacqueline
Author in Bulgarien
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

The best on the market

I am a relative new user to EmailOctopus, however it was immediately apparent that this service was far and away the best provider for my needs, and I have used what is perceived as the 3 best others on the market. Their ease of use, particularly when setting up lead capture / sign up forms is by far the simplest I've used but looks exceptional. I don't know why other platforms insist on making it so complicated when it's not necessary. EmailOctopus also has extremely good customer service support as well as constantly updating and improving their service so they are on top of market trends and customer requirements all the time. They are, quite frankly, a breath of fresh air in terms of email marketing, especially when you consider their cost. You really do get very good value for money with this company. I highly recommend them.

To be perfectly honest I can't think of anything I dislike. It does everything and more I need it to.

Terry
CEO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This Octopus Has Tenticles

Kommentare: As of right now I'm excited to get started. If the information you provide from here on is as good as the information I have received so far I think this will be a long term relationship.

I'm new to Email Octopus but from the beginning I can see that they address all the areas that other email providers don't. They give segmentation ideas that I would have never thought about. I can see where this email service is different and cares about the success of their clients. I'm excited!

I wish that they would have asked all of these questions after I have had a chance to use the Octopus. Then i could have been more subjective in answering these great questions.

Maisarah
Maisarah
Marketing Executive in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple and cheap for a email marketing manager software

EmailOctopus provides a dependable platform at a reasonable price, with exceptional customer service. Questions are swiftly and thoroughly answered. The platform is simple to use and offers a wide range of options that i have use to write our newsletter and email marketing content.

I'd want to see the email builder drag and drop functionality enhanced. It works okay, and the emails are attractive, but it isn't as polished as some other newsletter builder software that I have used. The email template should be more customizable and easy to add a design into it.

Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Highly Recommenr Email Octopus

Kommentare: It's really great, very easy to use and has all the capabilities I need.

The pricing! I had previously used MailChimp, but as my list grew it became way too expensive. The Email Octopus plan is much more economical, and it has most of the same features as MailChimp.

Having a cut and past list import function is something I miss that MailChimp had, but that is a minor quibble.

Matt
Owner in UK
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My review

Kommentare: I can say that it has been a reliable and easy-to-use software. The drag-and-drop editor and pre-built templates have saved me a lot of time and effort in creating visually appealing emails.

I've been able to set up automated email sequences to engage with my subscribers, and segment my lists based on their behavior, which has helped me to send more targeted messages.The integration with third-party apps and services has also been a considerable plus for me. I've also used the WordPress integration to add sign-up forms to my website and grow my subscriber list.

I've found the analytics to be somewhat basic, and I would like to have more advanced features such as A/B testing. Additionally, customer support can be slow to respond at times.

Si
Indie author in UK
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

I migrated from MailerLite to EmailOctopus … and I'm not going back

Kommentare: When I first signed up to EmailOctopus, it was pretty light on features and eventually I moved to MailerLite. EO has always been better than ML when it comes to customer service and price, but at the time, EO lacked a lot of features. A year later, I looked again, and found EO had made enormous strides to closing that gap.

Customer service and price (extra characters to get to the minimum)

EO is catching up to its competitors on features, but it's not there yet

Ken
CEO in USA
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Email Octopus Save Money

Kommentare: The experience has been very good. Hopefully they will continue to improve the product with quick editing features.

It's integration with amazon ses is key which lowers the overall price when compared to aweber or other products.

Needs a better system for removing inactive users.