Good System but has challenges

Bewertet am 12.11.2018
Scott K.
Marekting Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I like the concept and the system and it works well for most things. But everyone I speak too who uses Outfit always mentioned they 'export the framework and then manipulate and edit in Acrobat Pro'. I don't feel that's a good use and value of people time to be double handling
I think regualr comms for our central team or produced by Outfit would help eg: 1-2min user tips or videos, that show tricks, hints and insider tips on best practice, how to use or how to deal with common challenges.

Vorteile: This is a great template system to encourage understanding of and how to use the brand. It allows for consistency across collateral produced by the university. It is fairly intuitive to use

Nachteile: I've noticed inconsistency within the suites of templates eg font size, typeface changes, formatting: If producing multiple flyers with different content - say one needs 3 images and the other only 1 - the fonts and typeface differ, formatting changes. This can be frustrating, as you then have a suite of flier that all look different.
Also Font size on posters can be very small. A lot of feedback from attendees at events is they can't read what's on an A3, A2 or A1 poster from a distance.

von Outfit an 15.11.2018

Thanks Scott for your feedback. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to contact you to ascertain the templates you are using and perhaps propose tweaks to the Central brand team if the brand has evolved since they approved the templates.

Outfit review

Nicole M.
Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Werbung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall Outfit is great! I just use it *all the time* and it has a huge value for me so I wish it had more functionality

Vorteile: I can quickly and easily create professional looking, brand-approved ads. I create multiple ads a day so this is great and simple to teach other people to use as well

Nachteile: The lack of ability to change things such as font color, add additional text fields, amount of color, transparency, etc.

von Outfit an 6.11.2018

Thanks Nicole for your review, and your feedback. The templates have been built according to your brand team's guidelines, so we recommend talking to them about font colours, colours and transparency. We will also pass this feedback on to them and work with them on any changes. Thanks for your continued use of the platform, clients like you make our jobs great!

Best For Publish Your Brand

Bewertet am 28.11.2019
Anjali S.
iOS Developer

Kommentare: I used this software for purchasing things. It was good experience for me. I would like to suggest others.

Vorteile: You can add your brand and if the quality of product is good. Then you don't need to put an extra effort and money for marketing. All you have yo do is register your brand at outfit and your product will be seen by number of Outfit users. They will pick it up and it will increase the value of your product.

Nachteile: There is nothing like dislike in this software. It is easy to use one thing only is that any one can register here if the quality of product is not good that users can also sell their product.

Outfit software

Trudi S.
Assistant Manager
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, outfit has enabled members of the University (that wouldn't normally be able to create a professional looking/branded document) to provide us with items of a high quality for printing - rather than providing sub-par word documents and powerpoint templates, that don't do the brand justice.

Vorteile: Extremely handy for putting together quick items with mail merges eg. certificates, name tags etc. Provides a good wide range of options for clients to create whole suites of items with on-brand templates

Nachteile: Bulk exports prove to be a bit of an issue, and breaking merge items down into small batches can prove to be time consuming.
Our clients (as printers) send us incorrect templates that don't include trim/bleed quite regularly, and this is seemingly not a clear option when exporting items.

von Outfit an 6.11.2018

Thanks Trudi for your review. I have raised the trim/bleed marks comment with our UI team who will look at changes we can make to this section of the platform to make it easier for users to include bleed and marks where they need to. Thanks for you continued support of the platform.

Great customer service, brand compliant assets

Tim H.
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love getting good looking outputs with no design experience.

Vorteile: Repeatable assets, clone and go. I don't need any design experience.

Nachteile: Interface can be a bit clunky. A lot of clicking around.

Outfit User

Neha N.
Marketing
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use, quick and easy job execution

Nachteile: To be able to add new items in the templates.

Just Another Honest review

Vijay P.
Events Officer
Eventservice, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have mixed feelings about Outfit. Mostly helps in saving time with repetitive tasks like Name Tags. But at times some basics, which you would expect from a product like this, are missing.

Vorteile: - Ease of Use
- Time efficient
- Certain complex tasks have been very simplified - For e.g. Changing the hue shade of banner images

Nachteile: - Certain basic features are missing for e.g. Unable to transform the alignment of text boxes, unable to include the title of an event if it has a long name etc.
- Some templates are difficult to work with and do not offer enough flexibility

von Outfit an 6.11.2018

Thanks Vijay for your review, we appreciate it. I have asked your Customer Service Manager to reach out to you to see if the restrictions in the templates e.g. titles of an event length is something specified by the central brand team or if we can make an improvement in this space.

Support team with genuine connection

Bewertet am 5.9.2016
Ann M.
Corporate Coms Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a newish client, adopting Outfit was super easy. Your results are only as good as your template designs, so keep reviewing the purpose and usability of the templates and update regularly. Be clear about your brand as well, so your team of users internally understands how to utilize the templates properly.

Vorteile: A very supporting team at Outfit makes all the difference to workflows for us. People with some design experience looking for a quick way to share the work load on multiple tasks of similar style really can benefit from Outfit.

Nachteile: Some of our clients internally experience the templates we had designed for their purposes to be a bit inflexible. So we are working this through. For more complex design jobs, we weren't able to make use of Outfit. Gradually customizing to suit out evolving needs.

von Outfit an 19.9.2016

Hi Ann, many thanks for your review! The Outfit templates are, and can be, as flexible as the organisation allows them to be. We are extremely happy that you are sorting these out.

Outfit is easy

Erin M.
Marketing and Events Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy but need more options for imagery

Vorteile: Easy to use
new updates all the time
add in own images

Nachteile: templates set up my Monash arent great, and not very flexible for our requirements - internal issue

Not great for me.

Larissa A.
Coordinator Gippsland Regional Training Hub
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The support staff are friendly and helpful but I have not used the program much as I find it is limited. Because I don't use it much, my skills haven't advanced so I'm really not a good one to be completing this survey.

Vorteile: Not much. I found it difficult to use so have not used it much.

Nachteile: Too restrictive. Never a template that completely suited my needs. No flexibility. Then challenging getting it signed off.

von Outfit an 15.7.2019

Thanks Larissa for your review. I have asked your Customer Success Manager to contact you to see if we can help with the ease of use, and perhaps see if we need to talk to the central team about adding new templates to fit your need.

Huge time saver to self-serve our creatives!

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Julia S.
Demand Generation Marketing Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Getting creatives for the constant flow of campaigns we're launching was a pain point; our asks were too frequent and too time-sensitive to keep pouring on our creative team. Outfit was definitely a game changer to get things out the door in real-time

Nachteile: That if you edit one, you can't apply it to all other sizes in your folder. If you have one change to make you have to go through one by one, size by size, and that definitely becomes time consuming

von Outfit an 15.7.2019

Hi Julia! Thanks so much for your review. There is a great feature in Outfit that allows you to apply changes to multiple templates which we call the 'Multi edit' feature. We will make sure your Customer Success Manager reaches out to you to explain this feature.

Review by Liz

Bewertet am 5.11.2018
Elizabeth G.
Senior Project Officer - Infrastructure
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Staff are exceptionally professional and respond very quickly to all queries.

Vorteile: Table and layout responsiveness is great
Image inter change

Nachteile: Reviewing and sending back amends back to stokeholds is clunky - one should be able to add corrections directly to the layout as per PDFs
Dashboard not user friendly

von Outfit an 12.11.2018

Thanks Elizabeth for your review. We are releasing a roadmapped update to the approvals system today to allow approvers to make changes themselves (if they would like) rather than marking up the items and sending it back for changes.

Outfit feedback

Ann L.
Manager Marketing and Comms
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's useful for producing on-brand collateral which is helpful in a very large organisation

Vorteile: It's difficult to stray outside the brand guidelines, which is important from a marketing perspective.

Nachteile: It's clunky to use and not very intuitive.

von Outfit an 15.7.2019

Hi Ann! Thank you for taking the time to review Outfit. We really appreciate your feedback. We're always improving our platform and we would love to hear more about what you would like to improve in the platform. We will have our product team reach out to you. Thanks again.

Good tool for simple graphics

Lenka B.
Product marketing manager
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For the simple graphics, banners and so on, it is ok. You need to learn how to do it, as it is not really intuitive, but as I said at the beginning - it is a great tool for people who don't have designing experience and want to create simple graphic.

Vorteile: It is great for people who don't know how to use design software to create their graphics. I like that there are brand standards applied and you don't need to think about it.

Nachteile: It is not flexible. I can't change for example colour of one word if i need to emphesize something in the sentence. There are themes and you can't change it. It would be great if I can have for example two boxes next to each other where each of them have separate content. It would be great if we can add picture in the design.

von Outfit an 15.11.2018

Thanks Lenka for your review. The restrictions you mention below have been specifically requested by your central brand team to control the brand usage. We recommend talking to them directly about any changes you would like, and they may be able to accommodate them in any template changes.

Outfit for newsletters

Bewertet am 5.11.2018
Senior web content strategist
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: More efficiency and more control.

Vorteile: I like that:
- Outfit is flexible enough that I can reorder, delete, and add sections as needed.
- I can see a preview of my newsletter and send the preview link to others to review.
- It's easy to export and download my docs.
- Saving a doc no longer closes it (nice feature update!).

Nachteile: I wish Outfit:
- Included a better way to track text changes within documents so others could easily see changes -- a similar experience to tracking changes within a Word or Google doc. Comparing through revision history is not efficient.
- Would auto-save docs.

von Outfit an 15.7.2019

Thanks for your review! Your feedback on the revision history feature is extremely helpful. Outfit does auto-save changes to documents while you are in the editing window, so you won't lose any changes made.

Outfit Review

Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Kasey J.
Marketing Specialist
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's been alright. I like the concept of Outfit, but I think there is a lot of things Outfit could improve on such as flexibility with ad creation that would help the platform succeed.

Vorteile: I like the ability to create my own banner ads.

Nachteile: I feel as if there are a lot of restrictions on Outfit with banner size and font sizes. The spacing is awkward at times and does not allow me to place the titles where I would like them. I wish there was more freedom on title placement instead of the given lines that Outfit has locked in.

von Outfit an 18.11.2018

Hi Kasey. Thanks for your review. It sounds like a lot of the restrictions you describe may actually be part of the prescribed and approved templates and perhaps we can assist by making a request on your behalf to the central team for more templates that may suit you? Please reach out to me if we can help with this.

Great tool for consistency in branding

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Senior Student Recruitment Coordinator (Education)
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Outfit is a tool that for the most part will give you what you put into it. We often have frustrations with it, but they are mostly around the restrictions of our own templates that have been built for our large organisation, and so don't always have the flexibility we would like. I feel this is more of an organisational issue though rather than a flaw in the program itself.

Vorteile: The ability to share projects with colleagues and upload your own images for use within templates is excellent.

Nachteile: It can be hard to find projects if you have a lot of them. It would be great to have a filtering tool beyond the standard search function.

von Outfit an 6.11.2018

Thank you very much for your review, and your suggestion about filtering. I can confirm this is on our roadmap, and I will update when it has been launched.

Good idea - still needs work

Communications Officer
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Okay, but can be a little frustrating

Vorteile: Templates are very simple - Good for basic use in creating flyers, postcards etc

Nachteile: Templates are too rigid. You can slightly move things around so some design tasks won't in the provided templates

von Outfit an 6.11.2018

Thanks for your review. We recommend reaching out to your central brand team who have specified the template specifics, or speak with your Customer Success Manager and we can take your suggestions to the central team to see if they will approve amendments to the templates to relax the brand guidelines.

Great tool!

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Olivia H.
Domestic Marketing Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's relatively easy to use and ensures brand consistency across the entire institution.

Nachteile: Sometimes, when adding too many restrictions to a template (to ensure it's on brand), it becomes less user-friendly. It's a balance between keeping things on brand and ensuring it works for the user.

Fantastic support, innovative product

Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Content specialist, Marketing Communications
Computer-Software

Kommentare: Collaborative, live, role-based marketing collateral editing within design template

Vorteile: Ability to collaborate in designed version of content - no need for extra design time.
Effective permissions control on viewing, editing, and exporting.
Amazing support and collaborative development

Nachteile: No true change tracking feature (only a changelog)
Some browser compatibility issues
Occasional slow performance
No offline editing option

A good solution to relying on Marketing

Natalie S.
Regional Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Generally good, except for a few frustrations around locked templates, and a lack of general images and templates being uploaded to our system. Overall a strong alternative to traditional marketing design.

Vorteile: It allows me to complete simple tasks like flyers, posters, invitations without the annoying turnaround times for our internal marketing team
It is easy to use and makes sense

Nachteile: the rigidity of the templates is frustrating. Anything that is slightly different requires a full marketing brief. EG I recently needed a postcard. The template was great but I wanted to remove 1 element of text. As this wasn't possible I had to send this to marketing and ended up with 2 weeks minimum turnaround. The ability to edit templates and send to reviewer for approval would make life a lot easier.

Outfit review

Shahd A.
Marketing coordinator
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good overall I’ll continue to use.

Vorteile: Convenient when I have ad hoc requests. Most of the time I’m creating similar requests and I can just duplicate past projects.

Nachteile: There are restrictions on what I can and can’t do for simple modifications

My outfit experience

Natalie S.
Student Experience Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Outfit is a great program for accessing and designing marketing material. The customer service is amazing!

Vorteile: Outfit is really easy to use and enables us to create what we need without going through the usual channels that can take a really long time.

Nachteile: It wasn't an issue with the software, but with our own marketing team and the restrictiveness of some of the templates (which makes sense because it's all about consistent branding)

Needs more features/options

Amber L.
Product Marketing Manager
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use is huge. There's no training needed, just play around with the different options and you're good to go.

Nachteile: The options of customizing are limited. Graphic options are satisfactory

Great tool, many features but you need to learn

Manager, Business Process
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Many features and collaborations. Great to work within either small group or large group.

Nachteile: I'm not a heavy user so far and I feel I cannot use some features. I think youtube tutorial video would help for newbies.