Powerful Software for Agile Organizations, Could Improve in Usability on Higher End Functionality

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Mark G.
Executive Director of Agile Management and Technology
Informationsdienst, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are using Targetprocess in our daily Agile practice. Our developers and Product Owners are trained in its use, and it is a huge piece of our practice. The software is key to our Agile efforts, and is relatively easy to set-up and use. However, the buyer should be aware that unless you deploy one of the pre-built frameworks, you will be starting with a clean slate, and will have to build your own structures, and this can take a bit of thought and time. I enjoy using the software, and we intend to renew our license for the next year, and will be making efforts to expand the user base. The ability to define different workflows for different teams is very powerful, as is the Request Portal, and other more DevOps type features. Story card aging is another nice feature that we now implement through custom rules.

Vorteile: Excellent pricing structure, easy to set up, and implementation/training professional services are first rate. The software is powerful and can handle various different approaches to Agile/Agile Scrum, and comes with pre-built solutions for frameworks like SAFe. Our organization was up and running in little time.

Nachteile: Some of the more powerful features, such as creation of rules could be more straightforwardly implemented. Some features have a "coding" feel to them that could improve in usability, user-friendliness. The software is sensitive to hierarchical structure of Agile entities, and you have to get this right. The ability to move/transform entities into different levels of the hierarchy could be improved, and sometimes can disconnect entities from the hierarchy, forcing the user to reconnect them manually.

Visual Software Management that really works

John W.
Sr Business Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were a MS Project Pro shop for several years in our internal IT support organization . . . and were leveraging various features of MS Project Pro in phases. While there were "good things" about the product, it just turned out to be "too cumbersome" and "time-consuming" to get data in . . . in order to get anything out in a timely fashion.
When the decision was made to find something else, we would end up selecting "Targetprocess" - a true visual software management application. There were several key things that got us excited from the start: ease-of-use, quick implementation, ability to import content from external apps, conceptual simplicity, ability to customize various types of views to support our Agile teams (Kanban and Scrum), ability to tweak workflows for various entity types (e.g. Projects, Epics, Features, User Stories, etc.)
In many ways, Targetprocess reminds me of my toy box when my brother and I were growing up. We would reach in and be surprised by the toy we would bring out to play with . . . and like our toy box, Targetprocess will surprise you in what you'll find when reaching in . . . to locate / leverage various features and functionalities that constantly surprises you.
Besides the extensive flexibility of Targetprocess, the company has developed a decent set of user guides and training videos. I would recommend viewing the training videos, first, in order to get a first-hand look-and-feel of the capabilities of the product. And realize, you are just scratching the surface, when viewing them. The videos only begin to "hint at" what you can do with this visual software management tool.
Give it a test drive today . . . as Targetprocess offers a free access license to see for yourself!

Vorteile: Besides the flexibility and robustness of the features and functionalities found in the product, Targetprocess has a great support group found when using their "Live Chat". Their Live Chat personnel who respond to our inquiries and issues are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. And the same can be said for their Targetprocess Support team. Many times when we have discovered an issue or had a technical question, their Support team have provide abridged videos and write-ups that demonstrate the how-to's for resolving or leveraging the functionality of the tool.

Nachteile: What is Targetprocess' strengths is also its' weakness -- its' extensive flexibility / functionality . . . which is overcome over time by using the tool. Sometimes, you are not certain which approach to use when creating a board / view / list, or wanting to use a report, or creating a dashboard, or exporting the content out as a CSV file for Excel manipulation. But as we have worked with the tool, our various departments have developed SME's (aka Subject Matter Experts) to work with their end-users of the product. This has helped significantly for us, and we have monthly TP user community session to discuss-and-share how various groups are using the tool, and providing each other with tips-n-tricks.

TargetProcess powers our business and project team

Bewertet am 8.2.2017
Mark C.
Head of Development, MNA Digital
Zeitung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My team have used TargetProcess for around 6 years. Those years have seen a lot of change for my team and for TargetProcess, although I think the core of what attracted me to TargetProcess is still the same, namely the separation of data from presentation. It's a simple and common concept to developers of many types, but it's very rare to see in tools, even complex project management tools. Most have 'our way' or more likely 'the way' and allow for minor tweaks to that approach, but rarely let you build limitless ways to view the data. Over the years with TargetProcess my team and our processes have changed considerably, but thanks to the flexibility of TP we've been able to iterate the various presentations of our work data without needing to move to another tool (User Stories, Bugs, Features and Epics, across boards, reports and dashboards). The support at TP is second only to the inherent flexibility of the product, but it's also a big part of what's kept us with TP all this time. On the rare (5-10 times a year) occasions I need to ask a question, I pop onto live chat, upload a screenshot or video and get an answer, typically within minutes, typically a full solution that allows me to carry on with what I'm doing straight away. In the rare cases it isn't possible, support create a suggestion ticket for me or upvote an existing one if it's there and I've seen several of them appear in the product. My 4s and 3s in the ratings are only because I deem 5 to be almost perfect and there's almost always room for improvement. I gave Support a 5 as there honestly isn't much more that could be improved there. I regularly evangelise TargetProcess to other companies and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Vorteile: Flexibility (abstraction of data from presentation).

Nachteile: Nothing major.

Yes, I do want to visualize everything!

Bewertet am 5.7.2016
Martin L.
Team Leader

Kommentare: When I started using TargetProcess I didn't pay much attention to its slogan: "Visualize everything". But that is really its strength. Let's say you have 500 items (bugs, user stories, whatever) represented as cards and want to review them. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to spread them out graphically using two axes of your choice. Let's say you want Severity as rows and Priority as columns. What if you could also zoom out to see the big picture of where most of the items are concentrated. Or what if you want to spread them out over Project as rows and Estimated Effort as columns? What if you could also drag/drop items in this view to actually set estimated effort by dragging an item to the wanted column? What if you could introduce a third dimension by color code the cards? Perhaps you want to let all cards that are already assigned to a release have a green color and let all cards that are already assigned to an iteration have a yellow color? Or let all items that are already assigned to a sprint OR release but have no estimated effort yet be colored red? All of this (and much more) is easily accomplished in TargetProcess and this is why I like it. These features in TargetProcess are in my opinion unbeatable and I have evaluated many, many tools before I finally found this piece of gold.

Vorteile: + Its focus on visualization.
+ The integrated testing module.
+ The feature voting system where you can wish fro completely new features or upvote others ideas. (I've had one feature released that I upvoted.)

Nachteile: - It can look a little complicated/frightening at first with so many views setup by default.
- The pricing model. It is almost linear with the number of users, although half of the users at most just use it move a couple of cards on a board per week.

Targetprocess is more than just a project management tool

Sigurjón K.
Director of Project Management

Kommentare: Our organization creates safety critical systems and software and has to comply to EC regulations and guidelines with rigid objectives for software safety assurance. Targetprocess help's us with planning and following work through as an visual aid. Our customers are directed to the help desk provided and use of the email integration which aids to the need to record and trace all requests down to a detail task. The ability to tailor Targetprocess to our software development process to meet rigid software assurance level objectives is an advantage and helps with streamlining the daily work. Our organization is ISO 9001 certified and we use Targetprocess to accommodate necessary functions as Suggestions and Improvements, Internal Audits, Review and Audit Checklists, Purchase Orders, Billing process, and HR process which makes Targetprocess more than just a project management tool. The plugins and integration possibilities are of huge advantage and we have used many. Currently we are integrating time-registration to our accounting system to eliminate double registration and our engineers can't wait for that improvement. When needing answers to possibilities or other support the online chat with Targetprocess support is excellent and also that you can file a suggestion and democratic vote will help your suggestion to be realized.

Vorteile: Meets any basic need for project management and planing
Handles customer relationship
Provides customisation to some extend
Excellent support channels
The solution is constantly under improvement
Cost affective

Nachteile: Takes time to understand the concept of the views and entities but when you have been opened you are flying

Visibility and customization

Bewertet am 25.6.2016
Ewa C.

Kommentare: We have one team with scarce number of developers but we have a lot of projects and tickets. Our main problem was filtering and prioritizing the tickets so that we don't have to go through the list of not important tickets too often. TargetProcess enables that and also provides the views to see all the tickets of many projects on one board and also enables filtering out or inactivating a project. Secondly, Kanban boards are of great importance for us. Thanks to them we can easily change a property of a ticket or relocate a user story between features. That is an irreplaceable help when you have a lot of tickets. Thirdly, we know it too well that tickets times estimates are prone to mistakes and thus team sprints time boundaries change. In TargetProcess it is very easy to edit a team sprint start and end time, no need to tediously go through all the tickets of a team sprint.

Vorteile: The best things in TargetProcess are visibility and customization. TargetProcess provides many examples of tickets views for planning, being up to date with daily tasks or for retrospective purposes. There are different levels to look at tickets: you can easily prioritize all the tickets on a backlog and you can plan each ticket separately. We needed customization, because our workflow is always a work in progress. TargetProcess enables customization of both: views and tickets. Besides that, the UI is very intuitive. Tickets can be written with Markdown.

Nachteile: At first I missed retrospection views, but then reports were introduced and now you can e.g. make a chart of how many tickets were closed each month. The only thing that bothers me now is the time needed to first open the TargetProcess in a new tab in a web browser. Apart from that, I see nothing to dislike.

The quest for the holy grail....

Bewertet am 28.6.2016
Greg P.
Program Director

Kommentare: Our web agency has been in existence for almost 20 years - and over that period we have attempted to manage projects effectively for a variety of stakeholders using a huge variety of tools and approaches. Our biggest challenge has always been to find a tool that can manage a very small piece of client work up right up to a 250K complex project - and keep team members, heads of competency, management and directors informed and empowered to make critical decisions where needed - hence the reference to the holy grail! As our agency grew over the years and our numbers increased, the diversity of projects and services also increased, and hence we found ourselves out growing our previous project management solutions, or found the administration of these far too time consuming - until we found Target Process. We were attracted to the agile principles of this solution (as we were looking to move our own processes towards agile where appropriate) and also the flexibility that was afforded by adoption of this solution. We have been using TPOD for over 6 years - and have been incredibly impressed by the constant evolution and enhancements provided month on month, plus their enthusiastic and professional engagement with their customers. The customer/technical support is first class - and we constantly recommend this solution to our clients for their own project management requirements. I am sure that Target Process will continue to evolve and improve - and look forward to many more years involved with this solution - which is at the very heart of our business.

Nachteile: The current version of the helpdesk is weak compared to the rest of the solution - and would be a very valuable addition for both our operation and our clients who we deliver projects and BAU activity for.

with Target Process for the long haul

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Bill P.
Development and Integration Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Several of the team are remote workers, so it's great that it's cloud-hosted and accessible from anywhere. We've been able to customise it to add the fields we need, and - following a hint from customer support - we also use it to manage our retrospectives. It's also straightforward to interface from PowerShell, and we've used the API to integrate with our on-prem TFS system. The TFS side has brought challenges - but that's a topic for my TFS review! Once I encountered Target Process, it has been my Agile tool of choice, ahead of JIRA. In my first company, it was a little mysterious, and that was because we hadn't actually been properly SCRUM trained. Worse, we were trying to extract non-Agile information from it. That's not the tool's fault - but to get the best from Target Process, you do need to understand SCRUM (or Kanban, which it also supports). Once I got my SCRUM Master certification, the light bulb went on for Target Process too, and I realised the power it had.

Vorteile: The boards are just so intuitive - using a board to estimate user stories, for example, by dragging stories of similar complexity to the same story-point column. Being able to quickly throw together a board to view stories or tasks, on a grid with whatever-you-want as the two axes makes it really easy to understand how your work is partitioned.

Nachteile: The licensing model makes it hard to share info with non-users. You can generate (and export) lots of reports, but I'd really like to see a read-only licence that lets occasional visitors look around.

Robust, Fully Functional Agile Project Management System

Bewertet am 16.2.2017
Joseph B.
Product Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Target Process has helped our many development teams organize our projects while employing an agile work methodology. The ability to great programs and teams works well for our cross functional organization and the ability to create and limit different views to different groups of users allows us to keep the system simple and straight forward for the users. The functionality of the cards is great and the ability to switch from card views to waterfall type views helps for all of our different users. We would like to see the amount of object nesting to be increased (more layers within a project to nest objects) and the restrictions on certain objects lifted. The system could benefit from running faster whether that's cleaning up our views or improving the software. It would be great to employ rules that could hard code relationships to react certain ways so tracking dependencies if easier. Overall, great software and the support is great!

Vorteile: The versatility of making it work for cross functional groups. Also, the agile methodology mixed with the traditional project management views works well.

Nachteile: There are bugs in the view making. I try to say only show these projects for certain views and it never seems to stay. I would like a more robust project management view. Have unlimited or more ability for object nesting. Also the ability to do better simpler custom field calculations. And determine how you want dependencies to work.

TargetProcess - the good, the bad and the ugly

Bewertet am 17.2.2017
Zvonimir H.
Quality Assurance Manager
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: History: We've been using target for some 3 years now. Lets start off with some bad and the ugly:
One of the main issues we've encountered using TP is the inability to report "incidents" - core entity that should be available and recognized in a tool like this because it would allow clearer solving and tracking of issues and potential defects.
Secondly, the software itself is very complicated to learn so it can't be used efficiently right on the get go.
Thirdly, it is very unclear what this software is actually trying to be. It seems to appease all the crowds, IT, QA, Management, Business etc. and in all that it's become a jack of all trades but a master in none.
The good:
It's quite modular, and you can modify it to your demands, up to a degree. Customer support seems alright and you can see people are working on issues and are trying to expand the software as much as possible in the time given.
Thanks to the high customization features, software is able to adapt to your business and your way of working instead of you adapting to it, which is great.
Finishing thoughts:
All in all, when you start to give in too much to please everyone, you start to lose focus and start running into problems. Businesses start adapting the tool to themselves, and after a while, they adapt it wrongly, in some unnatural way that it's not supposed to be used at all. And that is a big issue that we've found.
This is a great software, but it either lacks additional features or it needs a firmer approach to using it.

The best agile project management tool for software development.

Bewertet am 16.10.2015
Fayaz I.
Senior Software Developer
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: This is a great product with amazing features, great support from the TargetProcess team and we use it daily and intensively. It is our main tool for managing a really complex software and release / iteration schedules. Multiple products - some off the shelf, some are bespoke. TargetProcess copes perfectly with all of this. It is just as ideal for small projects as it is for large projects, utilizing tasks bugs, stories, features and epics. We even use TP for time sheet management for pretty much the entire company.

Vorteile: For me personally the best thing about TargetProcess is the people behind it. The support is second to none, they respond promptly via email, but usually I use the live chat which is just perfect. Using live chat we have often used the screen sharing facilities and the support person has taken control of our server virtual machine, which I'm more than happy for them to do, I trust them 100%. We've never had a show stopping issue from their system by the way, its very robust and smooth to run, even on a vm. I also really like the user interface, it looks professional and is easy to use. As a developer myself, I understand how hard it is create something like that, so I am really impressed. They also have great commenting / following system in place which allows people to be notified of updates on stories that are specific to them. It's generally a great, stable platform which runs very efficiently on minimal hardware.

Nachteile: Generally the only thing I have disliked is the learning curve switching from the TP2 interface to TP3. If you are a new user of course, you wont have this issue as you will just be using TP3 interface. The TP3 interface is very good, very flexible and looks awesome, it's just very different from the TP2 interface that I was used to.

Great customizability at the expense of complexity

Bewertet am 10.7.2019
David L.
Director of Development

Kommentare: Overall support has been responsive, and we have been using it for several years. However this past year we had 20 users on a separate product line switch to another product. Therefore we are about half the users on this system right now than we had before.

Vorteile: This product seemed to fit our use case the best, where we have 1 team responsible for multiple products that all have independent release cycles. It handles that with release planning well. Also liked the Idea portal, though it was a bit tricky to setup. Having a better way to get users into the system and more granularity on the roles for the ideas portal would have made it much easier.

Nachteile: There are times where I just cannot get the data i need for a report. I work with support and they get me close, but then nothing. For example, there is no easy way for TP to forecast your sprint velocity based on the average velocity of the last X sprints. I've hacked it with some custom fields, but it still requires manual entry at each sprint launch. There are other issues, such as giving a velocity over time graph when your sprint durations may change (like a holiday week or something).

Review

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Tony N.
Director of Service Execution

Kommentare: Overall good experience.
Primary use is create high level Feature/Story view for client and internal project manager. Also, use the task board to go through stand up each day with teams.

Vorteile: 1. Features & Stories list view
5. Clean UI
6. Information found in the burn down chart details
7. Timesheet view for our teams

Nachteile: 1. Sometime performance is slow
2. Wish I could add points, tasks, hours to Bugs.
Workaround - we make everything a user story and put the word "BUG:" at the beginning of the story/task and set it up to automatically turn red.
3. Sometimes can get lost trying to create a report/board etc and it does not feel intuitive

Better than all the rest

Bewertet am 5.11.2015
Joel W.
Chief CCO Officer
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Targetprocess re-invents the workflow board, sort of like combining Trello and full-featured issue trackers and project management systems. The way it lets you create different view to slice the data and drag&drop between grids to change properites of the cards is amazing. We can customize the app to fit our workflow in a way that is not possible with most other tools. This is much better than having to customize your workflow to fit the app.

Vorteile: + Easy to use
+ Incredible customization available
+ Rich, feature-packed filtering query language

Nachteile: What I dislike the most is that the experience isn't consistent - some data types can be created, renamed and tweaked extensively, while some others are set in stone and baked into the system. I would rather have that it was very scaled down, and that you could create your own data types for cards, instead of having a few baked-in types (Epic, Feature, UserStory, Request, Bug etc). And the cards are tied to metadata such as Release, Project, User, Role, Effort etc - these cannot be modified and you cannot use them as you will. - Cannot rename card types or create more, delete unused types etc
- You have to choose between points or hours as Effort metric - but they don't work the same! Some features are not available when you choose points instead of hours. I'd rather it was only a label choosing "p" instead of "h".
- Multiple stuff like the above - some stuff is build-in and cant be changed and it can be very confusing.
- API is a mess. Everything can be modified in every request, instead of having separate requests for midifying different objects. For instance: you add a comment to a bug, you have to include the user (as an object, not just an id) that authored the comment. However, if you accidentally input the wrong name for the user (but the correct ID), it will actually *change the name* of that user. WTF?
- Query language is very useful, but has some subtle bugs and inconsistencies.

Target Process works great for non software projects

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Chief Operations Officer
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The extreme degree of customization that is supported by this product is excellent. I have created dozens of process queues and pipelines for customized business processes that have nothing to do with software engineering. The ability to replace the software-development terminology with other more pertinent monikers is excellent. Sales pipeline? Check.
Quote tracker? Check.
Business process tracker? Check.
Service tracker? Check.
Construction project pipeline? Check.
Ordering pipeling? Check.
The web-hosted version of Target Process is outstanding for a small company that wants sophisticated collaboration software without a dedicated IT staff.

Nachteile: Ability to generate local back-ups is not intuitive.

Target Process is one of the strongest project management tools available

Bewertet am 4.8.2019

Kommentare: If we were going to start a business today or if I had 1-2 months for setup and on boarding, I would strongly consider Target Process to run the project management just because of the large number of options for structuring the workflow and reporting metrics. I would compare it most to Jira classic projects, but more user friendly.

Vorteile: At first glance, you can do anything you want with Target Process. It is geared to set up workflows and views the way you want them to perfectly fit your business structure. The more time our team spent in Target Process, the more we realized how it is extremely customizable. Of all of the Project Management tools I have viewed (which is a lot) I have never seen one that would allow you to created as many variations of a project view and related reports as Target Process.

Nachteile: With all of the customization possible, it is very daunting to get it set up and running. The only reason we did not stick with it long-term is because we had a hard deadline to change project management software, and could not onboard everyone fast enough. Other than that, the only things "missing" are things like bulk edit or moving tasks to a different project. Very minor things.

Loaded with Features, Fast, Smooth, and get the job done

Bewertet am 9.3.2016
Imad S.
Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager
Design, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Project Manager, previously worked in Quality Assurance, and Process improvement. I used using TP in two different companies, the first one as a user, and in the second,I deployed it, configured it and provided the need training. Software development, consultancy projects. Perfect tool to use

Vorteile: amazing support, responsive and almost immediate problem solving.
Live Chat sessions with their support are always fruitful, most of the times, 3 minutes into the session, the questions Is answered.
TP team provide support for technical issues, and help you get things done with TP (in cases where you are not able to figure things out on your own) The product is very easy to use, no training needed. Team members can just get things done without TP getting in the way. The new features and development cycle is great, and they kept the software fast, reliable with no noticeable bugs. I am using TP since 2007, and I have carried it over with me to two companies, suggested it to my colleagues, and I continuously use it. They have the most friendly and responsive, and knowledgeable team.

Nachteile: I cannot keep up with the new features. (maybe this is a positive). it doesn't work well with IE 11. I am working on Microsoft Edge now, and I doesn't work as good as expected. They have great performance on Chrome and Firefox. need more support for Microsoft products.

State of the art information handling.

Grega J.
IT consultant and Key Account Manager

Kommentare: Started using it more than six years ago. The product made a good impression on staff and on management. Some alternative products it had to compete with, didn't beat it's usefulness value. Not Maximo, Bugzilla and neither Redmine so far.
We have dozens of change requests, unfortunately also bugs active. But which we manage to evaluate CR's quickly, have request and solution specification evolvement and communication in context simply and well ordered and kept together - at hand. It is very important that information is very quickly accessable. No unnecessary clicks. We plan in a glance and have order in statuses.
Our organisation changed inbetween last years and TP customizable workflow always adjusted to it w/o any programming needed.

Vorteile: State of the art information handling.
Fast.
Designed around Intuitivity, Speeed, Flexibility and Order.
Eye catching design. Cutomizable where needed.
Easy reports.
Superb onlie chat and tuting support, free.

Nachteile: Cosmetical improvements needed on:
Can copy-paste photos (Very important), but can't paste entire texts with more photos (yet).
Can easily customize my screen, but can't add own fields on primary view.

Great Product, used it at my past three companies.

Tony V.
Cheif Architect

Kommentare: I've used Target Process at my last two companies, so when my current company was looking for a solution to upgrade to I didn't hesitate to recommend, and spearhead the initiative to bring it in place. Target process is awesome, but like every software product has it's bumps in the road from time to time; where I think Target Process really steps up is the customer support... when bad things happen they are right there ready and always more then eager to help.

Vorteile: It's easy to use; the customer support is second to none; it gives me the ability to run the project the way I want to run the project, not the way that someone else defines; it gives us total flexibility to track bugs separately from stories and tasks.

Nachteile: From time to time the interface seems to just get confused, and requires me to close the windows and start fresh. This happens significantly less then it used to though, so it's down to once every few weeks.

The gift and the curse, a Target Process Story

Bewertet am 23.2.2017
Pete D.
Lead UX/UI designer

Kommentare: In all the application works well and has lots of value for it's role in our day to day operations. My company uses the system as the corner stone application for our agile project development system of management and for the most part it works quit well. The system is flexible enough not to lock you into a pre-determined work-flow box but structured just enough to help save you from yourself at times. There are many opportunities for improvements such as duplicating user stories, tasks, and test cases as new items, the filtering is found to be quite difficult especially for non-development folks such as myself, and the ability to share boards with outside teams or clients could be a tad more useful. In all a solid product that fits with just about any team size that is dependable and constantly improving.

Vorteile: Ease of use and constant improvements.

Nachteile: For me, there seems to be some obvious functionality that is not included such as duplicating user stories, tasks, test cases and such.

Best Scrum tool we've come across

Bewertet am 20.2.2017
Dan C.
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The beauty of TargetProcess is in its flexibility. When we started using TP we tweaked it all kinds to track our workflow the way we wanted. Over time our process has moved a bit more true to "pure" scrum and many of those customizations have gone away. We still have tweaks here and there to track extra info or to track things just how we like, but in general the tool is right on the money.

Vorteile: The beauty of TargetProcess is in its flexibility. When we started using TP we tweaked it all kinds to track our workflow the way we wanted. Over time our process has moved a bit more true to "pure" scrum and many of those customizations have gone away. We still have tweaks here and there to track extra info or to track things just how we like, but in general the tool is right on the money.

Nachteile: Some of the default calculations aren't what we'd prefer. For example: the sum total of points in a feature only includes stories, not bugs. We've worked around that though.

Really Robust

Sam R.
Product Manager

Kommentare: I'm a product manager for live mobile games, I really like the features and functionality of target process. One of the things I've consistently run across is that Target Process has too many features exposed to every day users. I need more customization for card layouts (after double clicking) because people get bogged down in details that don't matter to them. From a manager perspective target process really embodies that a team gets out what it puts into it.

Vorteile: Good customization. Easy to visualize workflows. Simple drag and drop functionality for attachments. Makes it easy to see a lot of information quickly.

Nachteile: Can't turn off all the features I don't want to use. The text editor on cards is straight up sub par. Response times for cards isn't as quick as some competitors, I think it is fast enough but my team does not (and ultimately this software is as much about helping my team as it is about helping me)

TargetProcess

Bewertet am 23.9.2018
Rajan T.
Chief Technology Officer
Computerspiele, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: TargetProcess is a cloud-based project management tool that is being continuously improved with new features. It can be configured to use a number of different workflows and has very customizable ways to view your project's work so different roles can find the views that work best for them.

Nachteile: The biggest complaint that I've heard voiced about TargetProcess is that it's cutomizability can make it easy to lose entities. For example, if you're working on an Agile project and have an epic, feature, story, task breakdown with releases and sprints, you can set up a view that shows all items related to a feature and in a release but when you add a new item the new item will only inherit some of the properties of that view and in some circumstances will disappear immediately. TargetProcess have added a list of recent changes though which makes finding that entity easy but it is a pain as you have to set up views to find lost entities to keep the project tidy.

Very good product, but needs some little addition and tuning to pass to next level

Bewertet am 28.2.2017
Matteo L.
Lead egineering of Research and Development

Kommentare: Generally speaking i love target process and the way you do things guys.
i would have to be honest the only thing really piss me off is the arrows in the boards in order to scroll if there are too many columns and row. i already said this many time to the tech support and also offered my experience in the canvas rendering but in 3 years you have not yet took that in consideration.
overall the product is pretty good and amazing.
My personal opinion is that the way of estimation and the timeline component are the most weak ones and i would suggest to explore them a bit more.
in a project is of course fundamental to speed up the daily work and there you can just adjust little bugs, but the real crucial point of the development is to don't make wrong estimations and being able to respect those. i think that here the tool should help more.
As i said i think this would take the product to the next level but if someone asks me if i would ever come back to some other products or jira ..... NO WAY!

Vorteile: Fast, high customization and easy to create custom boards.

Nachteile: - query language is often difficult
- arrow on scrolling the board
- burn down

Great piece of software

Bewertet am 27.6.2016
Martin H.
Agile Project Manager
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We tested a number of different project management systems (Trello, Basecamp, Jira software among others) before finally finding Target Process. Target Process had all of the features and the flexability we missed in the others. Its really simple to use for i.e. the developers who needs to focus on other things, and the PM can go as deep into the details as wanted. The only pms that has not had any complaints from any role (other systems have been great for ie the project manager and not the developer and vice versa). We have been using it for almost a year and we have never looked back. Really recommend it.

Vorteile: Simple to use, logical, easy to get a quick overview or to drill down in to the details. Its really flexibel - lots of pre-defined templates to start from (Scrum, Kanban, Test etc) but you can set it up exactly how you what to suit your needs. Also great support if you need help.

Nachteile: Miss a connection to dropbox and the UI could be better (one pm had an issue using it because it didn't look cool - true story).
Also in "in-system communication" system is not as good as i.e. Trello, especially with the app. (But we use a web-hook to connect it to Slack which is really cool :-) )