Filtern nach:

Arpita O.
Admin
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.8.2018

"Great restaurant inventory software!"

Kommentare: We had a really hard time with inventory before Orca. This software allowed us to put in all of the intricate information needed for inventory, and give us proper ordering amounts. It took a while to get it set up, but it was definitely worth it. Customer service is great - they took all of our initial information and entered it in. Our current contact is readily available. Great value for your money!

Vorteile: Inventory sheets - organized, allows you to put supplies in different "rooms"
You can take inventory from an iPad
Easily update prices
Customer service is great - they were phenomenal in setting it up initially, and I could call or text our contact anytime
Although we never used it, it has the ability to adjust pars based on sales - as those in the restaurant industry know, you can keep the pars the same week-to-week, but you'll save money if you slightly adjust those pars based on recent or same time period sales. The goal is to never run out but also to not over-spend, so this could really help.

Nachteile: The only thing that I found challenging and difficult to train was entering inventory items in the proper pack size for certain items. It is really important to do this correctly because if not programmed right, it will order incorrect amounts. The good thing is that you can test it to see if what you entered yields the right amount to order.

• Bewertet am 18.8.2018
Angel M.
Gm
Essen & Trinken, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.4.2020

"Orca inventory "

Kommentare: Overall orca inventory app so far is more the best inventory apps I've ever used out of any company I've ever worked for

Vorteile: Orca is a great app to have for any restaurant or business it is easy to use and it's great for keeping weekly budgets and forecasting sales and trends

Nachteile: I have seriously not found any con using orac app inventory.I believe orac inventory is a great app to use for all companies when it comes to keeping track of

• Bewertet am 21.4.2020
Kristen W.
Controller
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.1.2019

"Lost Cost = Low Service"

Kommentare: This is the greyhound bus of inventory software. Low cost. Low service. Try and get a different ride if you can.
Literally had to schedule a meeting with someone 1-2 days in advance to talk to a live person. I spent 4 hours fiddling with their inventory importing tool which forces you to input information in every field, including the ones you don't use. "We don't have a cost for that item" (because we get it for free) was met with "Our tool won't accept that. You have to input a cost." Or "We don't have a specific vendor to order from" (for something we buy at any given grocery store) was met with "Sorry, you have to input a vendor for every single item." When the information was "complete", the tool wouldn't work, and no one seemed to care. I was then told that the quantities of our several thousand items would have to be keyed in by hand, even though I had them for our current inventory system. No exceptions.
I would have happily purchased a better and more expensive software, except that the sale department promised me the moon here. I specifically asked if Orca did inventory costing such as LIFO, FIFO, or average costing and was told yes. What actually happens is if the software stores only one cost (the most recent one) for every item. So if you usually buy a block of cheese for $5, and the price goes up to $10, all the cheeses you have in stock now "cost" $10. This may be fine for others, but was not for our business. I wish we had been told correctly in advance.

Vorteile: I will never know, because I couldn't get it working.

Nachteile: - Lack of customer support
- Misleading information from sales team at time of purchase
- HOURS of wasted time trying to use their tool to integrate inventory with no help

• Bewertet am 11.1.2019
Rachel W.
Director Of Operations
  • Bewertet am 23.12.2015

"Customer Service -10, Product - 10"

Kommentare: The inventory set up was quick and easy. They are available at any time we need them and we even have the cell phones of the customer service reps. The product is extremely easy to use and has helped us gain control over our food and beverage cost in ways I didn't think possible. I would recommend this product to any restaurant that wants to increase their bottom line.

von Orca an 29.12.2015

Thank you for your review. We love what we do here and will always treat our customers as #1.

• Bewertet am 23.12.2015
Tim W.
Director of Food and Beverage
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2015

"Money in the bank!"

Kommentare: ORCA inventory in just a few short months has lowered our overall food and beverage inventory by %50. The money spent has paid for itself thousands and thousands of times over. We could not be any happier with this program and feel fortunate to have it in all of our stores.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2015