Über Hemlane

Verwalte deine Mietobjekte von überall aus.

Erfahre mehr über Hemlane

My tenants use it with ease and I can see where the money is at. It links directly with my bank accounts and keeps the books for me.

Expense tracking is weak. Doesn’t allow you to pay bills through the system.

Bewertungen zu Hemlane

4,9

Hemlane hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 156 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Hemlane bereits verwendet?

Jesus
Jesus
Realtor in USA
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Hemlane for Property Manager's

Kommentare: It is easy to use once it is set up the maintance department is superb and they are constantly taking care of the tenants

Easy to use. The office upgrades the software to make it easier for the user to work with

There are still things that I personally will like to change but I always talk to their office and they had made the change

Javier
Property Manager in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Hemlane is what all other property management softwares should be looking to replicate.

Kommentare: I am truly delighted with Hemlane software. Its intuitive design and user-friendly interface makes navigation a breeze, substantially simplifying the property management process for me. The remarkable ease of use it offers has brought about significant improvements in the overall efficiency of our property operations. But what sets Hemlane apart is their exceptional customer service, always ready to assist, proactive, and remarkably personable, truly epitomizing what a customer-centric organization should be. Moreover, the positive feedback from our tenants reaffirms our decision. They find the platform incredibly convenient to use, making their interactions with us smoother and more satisfactory. All in all, Hemlane has not only streamlined our processes but also fostered happier relationships with our tenants, which, I believe, is a testament to its top-tier service.

Ease of use. Intuitive. Easy for tenants to use. GREAT and I mean GREAT customer service.

I can't think of any at this time. About 2 years into using the service.

vor 8 Monaten

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing us Javier! We love hearing that you have been able to streamline your business and that our support team is able to help foster a positive relationship between you, your tenants, and Hemlane!

Nathaniel
Real Estate Investor in USA

Hemlane software application

Kommentare: The set up is easy and pretty much smooth if you are great with digital online sites and apps. I would suggest Hemlane if you just want to get your rent collected. You are better off getting a professional on your own if you need anything else from them and their are a lot of apps and services out their much cheaper for this . They try to seperate themselves online as a better alternative to ripoff property management companies but they are no better and should not offer upgraded services that they cant stand by. STAY AWAY IN MY OPINION IF YOU NEED MORE THAN RENT COLLECTIONS.

I like that the software had great reviews online that I now feel are paid for or fake. I lke that they give different opitons. That is the great part about the entire service.I like that you can call someone when you need to resolve and issue. IF you don't agree or want anytype of refund that will email you marketing and send your phone number to voicemails

They don't give you any type of guidence on how to use the app. You have to figure out everything and that is becasue they hope to mislead landlords in my opinion.They make you get their highest plan in order to inquire ther real estate agent services.They are misleading about their real estate agent services.They require you to get their lockbox and never explain that an agent will not be involved when showing your property.They will not let you remove your payments and will try to charge your bank accounts first to avoid chargebacksThey feel moody and annoyed when you call them about problems or questions. They will not work with you if it is a misunderstanding.

Nancy
Investor and Property Manager in USA

A Valuable Resource to Property Managers

Kommentare: Great! I only wish I had found them years ago. I have been using their service for about 2 years now, and I will always continue to use their service for as long as I own and manage properties.

What I value most about Hemlane is that it takes SO much pressure off my shoulders from the day to day business in collecting rents from tenants, and depositing them into my bank account. (without me having to nag my tenants). Hemlane keeps after them if they are late. It is like keeping my contact with the tenants at arms length and keeping it on a very professional basis. That saves my sanity! -Also, if I have any question about how to set up a particular setting on a tenant or to make a correction in my settings, when I call, I always get a prompt reply and very helpful advice .

Nothing. My overall experience has been very positive.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing us Nancy! We love hearing that the switch to Hemlane has streamlined your rental business!

Raul
Property Manager- Agent Sales in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hemlane saved my business!

Kommentare: I have been utilizing Hemlane for the past couple years and every time I have a question or concern they are always super responsive and help with any assistance I may need whether it be with tenants or Landlords. Exceptional service! Looking forward to continuing to do business with Hemlane and growing my Management company.

The most important feature that I love is "Transparency" , a platform that is designed to be clear with your landlords without any gimmick. The rent's being directed to their accounts at a push of a button is super helpful. The communication feature between the tenants is great! Simplicity is also key here with this platform.

To be picky I do think the platform is a little compartmentalized a little too much it makes it a little hard to navigate certain things. However, once you get the hang of it you know your way around. I would say the two things Hemlane can improve on is 1.) Guest Cards a little bit of a easier way to schedule a showing. The showing set up is kind of weird. I don't use it but would like it to be integrated with my calendar. 2.) The maintenance requests are a little hard to navigate such as recording payments and such. Just very minimal technical things. Hemlane is constantly improving their software though.

Lukas

Feedback from an engineer

Kommentare: Excellent. I'm glad we chose Hemlane. It is my secret tool that i don't think many landlords have heard about. The big names out there dominate the market, but we tried a few of them very systematically and i wasn't impressed with them at all. As an owner that wants to take 10 units now, to 100 someday, i put A LOT of time and effort into evaluating software to try and select which one was going to be the best for our goals, grow with us, and also help us grow.

This software was made to make your life as a landlord easier and streamline many of the steps and tasks necessary when it comes to managing tenants. I spent quite a few hours filling out a decision matrix to select which software platform we were going to use. Hemlane was the easy winner with the items which we weight heavily and features that we wanted. Most of our weights and preferences stem from wanting to have a very streamlined and efficient property management system.

I think that coming on board and understanding how the Hemlane process works from the time a prospective tenant is interested to the time they are all set up as a tenant was not very well communicated. We kind of had to figure it out on our own. There is so many little nuances with what the software does, how it communicates, how it advertises, what happens when a prospective tenant reaches out from a 3rd party site via email, etc. Thought the software is set up great and i wouldn't change much, but some training when purchasing the product for the first time would have eliminated a lot of headaches and questions for instances like were mentioned. Also, PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE make an android app. The mobile version of the site does not seem to work well. Both myself and tenants have had problems with it.

Craig
President in USA

Good all-in-one package

Kommentare: Learning the ropes. [sensitive content hidden] has been a big help along with some of the members of her team.

Can self-manage and avoid awful property managers. [sensitive content hidden] is exceptional. She’s trying to build a great team. If they drop the ball she picks it up. Top notch.

Wish there was an app for iOS / Android Sometimes non-standard issues (like pre-payment of rent) can be confusing to navigate.

vor 8 Monaten

Thank you for your review Craig! We're happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience with our team and have been able to save on costs for your rental business through Hemlane.

Quentin
Vermögensverwaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hemlane Just Works

Kommentare: I've had a good experience with Hemlane and have recommended it to others. It is quick to learn and easy to bill in and out of. The higher tier packages were more expensive than I could pay for the services provided.

Gone are the days of going door-to-door accepting rent payments with online payment portals.

I wish there were pre-made leases using legally binding e-signatures that could be sent back and forth within the software portal.

vor 6 Monaten

Thanks for the review Quentin! We love to hear what has been working and what types of services our users want to have a more robust experience. With this in mind, we also provide leasing services for properties that are out of state as well!

Jessica
Jessica
President in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great value and customer support for small business owner

Kommentare: We did extensive research when choosing on online platform for the management of our properties. Hemlane was one of the only platforms that we felt truly protected on, as landlords who are conscious about legal concerns around allowing online payments. But we also greatly appreciate that the software is easy to use for our tenants, and so far, they really appreciate the functionality of it! It’s made communication and processes so much more seamless!

Being able to provide my tenants with a secure platform for online payments and communication has made our operations so much more seamless! The customer service has been exceptional, and there are so many other features we are still learning, ad have yet to implement. What a great value for our money as a small business!

The financial features are still basic, but I appreciate their compatibility with QuickBooks and other software.

Antwort von Hemlane

Thanks Jessica! And, we look forward to improving the financials for you!

Jay
Jay
Founder in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I don't feel like I'm self-managing

I've used the system for over a year and the entire way, Hemlane's service coordinators have made me feel like they are on my team, proved to be critically important parts of my team, allowing me to feel confident that our tenants (and properties) will be taken care of.

This is me being picky, but reporting can be slightly improved. Again, being picky, extremely picky.

vor 6 Monaten

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing us Jay! We love hearing that the switch to Hemlane has streamlined your rental business!

Danny
Immobilien, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great product for partial self-management on remote properties.

Kommentare: I own 21 properties, 30 doors. We experimented with 2 properties in Florida (I live in Utah) and we were very impressed at how well it worked. We have recently moved 2 more remote properties from Illinois and 2 from Tennessee. We would move all our Florida properties over if Hemlane had a larger footprint in Florida. I also use their "simple" option for my local properties now which allows me to use there financial tools to collect rent and manage tenant needs w/o their local network of agents and full maintenance service. It is a good tool for those that want to reduce program management cost and be a little more involved with the program management itself w/o being overwhelmed.

- Allows me to cut property management costs significantly while still having 3rd party property management tools at my disposal. - Allows me the flexibility to choose how involved I want to be in the management process. - Provides excellent financial tools and workflows to collect rent, handle late fees and pay team professionals online. All of which is automated. - Fully handles maintenance requests from tenants where I have full visibility and can interact as needed. - Handles tenant emergency calls. - Provides a local network of quality leasing agents that I can work with on property turns. Has excellent advertisement workflows and capabilities. Just had my first turn under hemlane and it was excellent. - The dashboard view and financial ledger are real time and easier to understand then monthly text reports from full property managers. - Product keeps improving.

- Some tenants had issues setting up automatic payments early on. - Doesn't have a way to group properties.

Antwort von Hemlane

Thank you, Danny, for your review! We sincerely appreciate it and look forward to continuing to work with you and expand our local agent partnerships to more regions for you.

Peyton
apartment manager in USA

Hemlane Review

Kommentare: Overall, Hemlane has given tenants more options for paying rent, people are able to put down a security deposit from out of town (military typically), and people are seeing our advertisements from so many different platforms. It has also helped us keep track of rent better and has given us an easier way for tenants to put in workorders.

I really like the ability to put available apartments up on so many advertising plat forms with the ease of pushing the "advertise" button. We are able to easily get a large number eligible of applicants within a couple days, and usually the units are rented out within a week or so. I also love how easy it is to message all tenants in a mass message - or even just message one tenant really fast. This has been great with maintenance and workorders.

Some of the financial stuff was hard to figure out and can still be difficult. Reconciling the hemlane payments to the bank and into QuickBooks gets hard sometimes. It would be nice if there was a way it would all link so I wouldn't have to search each payment reference number.

Cindy
Property Manager in USA

Hemlane experience

Kommentare: Good. Hemlane has satisfied the following needs I want in my day to day operating business as a property manager - marketing, leasing, rent collection and maintenance request

Software is available on both desktop and mobile devices with same functionality. Ease of usage and good value for the top priority functionalities that I need the most using a property management software for small size property owners. This includes marketing, leasing, rent collection and maintenance request management. I have not fully experienced the leasing interfacing aspect with clients so I am looking to explore the leasing capability.

When an operation fails to perform, it simply prompt an error message. I would like the software provides more assistance to user by giving them more information what triggers the error message and how one can fix it themselves. I have been reaching out to support for assistance each time this takes places. I am amazed the responsiveness I received from support team so far. But I can foresee this support model will not last as more users using the software. Sometimes, it can be due to lag time for the information to commit at the backend database that triggered the operation error. The reason why I said that is I received response from support team letting me know they are not sure why I will receive an error but they were able to complete the operation without the error.

Taylor
Transaction Coordinator & Marketing Specialist in USA

Could Not Be Happier!

Kommentare: Being completely new to the real estate / property management world, I had lots of questions...but because of how easy Hemlane is to navigate, it has really helped me learn everything I need to know! In addition to making things more streamlined for

Ease of use, customer support team, organization of software

No major issues! Just a few hiccups as this is a relatively new system...specifically with work orders, since we pay them on the same date every month, it is difficult to see at a glance which orders have been completed. It would be nice to have some kind of visible notification on each work order to show new messages, invoices added, date completed, etc. Overall, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been more than helpful with any questions!

Antwort von Hemlane

Thanks, Taylor. We enjoyed helping you set up split rent payments and other features over the past weeks.

Jeannine
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hemlane is an Amazing product!

Kommentare: AMAZING! Great product great customer service!

Customer service is amazing. The software is easy to use and straightforward. Most important is my clients love it!

So far nothing! They do an amazing job. All of the issue so far have been user error

vor 6 Monaten

Thank you for your review Jeannine! We appreciate you taking time to write about our platform. We're especially glad to hear that your experience with our customer service team has been exceptional!

Hemlane - Yes, You Can Manage Your Properties

Kommentare: Very strong experience. I didn't think I could effectively manage my units electronically and had been with property management for several years. As it turns out, I'm disappointed in the quality of PM in the industry and I (using Hemlane) can do a much better job.

Very easy to use and tenants love it. The software options are intuitive and, in case of issues, the customer support is very professional and prompt.

I haven't found anything egregious - sometimes maintenance response can be a bit slow but that's usually because they're trying to coordinate between myself, the tenant, and the repair organization.

Miguel
Real Estate Broker in USA

Very easy to use

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been great!
Tech support is excellent and response time is within 12hrs.

- Easy to use. - Applicant screening reports back on the same day. - Tech support always responds within 12hrs. - Different pricing options depending on the features I need to run my business. - Easy way to copy html code to paste on craigslist ad.

- Would be helpful to convert rent rolls and income & expense statements to PDF document for easy print or sending to landlords. - In the application page would be good to include a field asking applicants to submit copy of photo ID.

Joe

Best Property Management tool

Kommentare: Hemlane saves me a lot of time and makes keeping track of all aspects of managing my rental properties much easier and well organized at a very reasonable cost

The best part I like about Hemlane is Tech Support. The staff is knowledgeable, easy to reach, friend and always promptly solves my problems and answers my questions.

Tach support is not available evenings and weekends, but it's not that big of a deal

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for the review Joe! We love to hear that our support team has been a highlight to your experience!

Gino
Realtor in USA

Property Management

Easy to use. Very helpful. Quick response from the team.

Oh my god. So many emails. I get it though.

vor 8 Monaten

Thank you Gino for your kind review! We appreciate you taking time to write about our platform. We're especially glad that our automations are helping you with your rentals!

Matt

Great Property Management Solution

Hemlane is great because it’s easy to use, inexpensive, and has a lot of great features. Additionally, the support team is great!

I wish it could stay logged in on my browser and phone so that I didn’t have to enter login info every time I want to access it.

Danny
Landlord in USA

A must for landlords

Kommentare: I was able to fire an underperforming property manager, take the 10% of gross rents (plus random fees they came up with) and invest in Hemlane for a fraction of the cost and way better platform features. My property is 115 miles away and my biggest concern was collecting rents and communication with tenants. Hemlane eliminated that issue for me and made everything more streamlined and passive, which is what us landlords want from our investment properties.

Ease of use for the owner and tenant. Communication flow and accounting all in one spot with quick turn around between tenants paying rent online and the rents being deposited in the bank account. Tech support for both the landlord and tenant is outstanding.

Nothing has been an issue so far. Even in the short time I’ve been using Hemlane, the platform is evolving better ways to streamline landlord-tenant communication via text etc.

Antwort von Hemlane

Thanks Danny for your kind review! We look forward to providing you with additional services and features, while you're 115 miles away from your investment!

Great Product That is Constantly Being Updated

Kommentare: Hemlane has begun to drastically change the way we operate our business. It is great to be able to keep all lease documents, maintenance requests, payment information/history, etc. all in one place. The site is easy to navigate, has a pleasing user interface, and its feature set always seems to be improving.

Customer Service has been great about getting back to me quickly with answers to my questions and listens to my feedback about how current features could be improved and about new features that would benefit my business.

Some useful features have not been released yet.

Antwort von Hemlane

Thank you for the review! And, we can't wait to get more great features out for you.

Dillon

Great Customer Service and Onboarding

Kommentare: I've had a great experience with Hemlane. Onboarding could not have gone smoother and the overall value of the software is there.

The services that it provides is definitely towards the upper end for property management software. The pricing is about middle of the road which makes the value for the price pretty high. The best part about the company has been [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I purchased a property with a tenant that had bad contact information listed. He helped give me resources to onboard the tenant and has made the software very easy to use.

The price could always be a little bit more affordable. Currently their largest option is $40/unit/month. Normally that would be very competitive but since I invest in lower income housing, it gets closer to the 8-10% that a normal property manager would charge.

Best property management for the price!

-Dashboard gives a great overview -Email communication keeps me up to date -Consolidates vital info in easy to see landing page -Easy ACH for tenants plus they love that it is free for them -Easy management of work orders -Easy marketing functions

-Unable to pull reports on different payment types each month (off line, ACH etc...) -Offline payment function needs simplification -Does not allocate late offline payments at a single point of payment screen -Groups payments by number of "late payments" and not property or renter -Requires other service (zInspector or others) for move-in and move-out inspections -Does not allow for mapping of work orders to service provider

Antwort von Hemlane

Thank you for your review on Hemlane! Work order mapping will be coming as new features in January 2018. We look forward to supporting your management.

Halbleiter, Selbstständig

Hemlane

Kommentare: I have been using Hemlane a little over a year now for a condo rental property and I am very satisfied and pleased with the service and tools they provide. When I need help, I get prompt feedback and support. The online tool is great to have one place to go to manage and see the status on my rental properties, communicate with the tenants and see any open issues. I think Hemlane is a great value for the money. Hemlane is geared towards those landlords that want to stay a little bit involved with the management activities, rather than have someone do 100% and not be involved or bothered at all. But, their tool and service make it easier to do. And the fee structure is more based upon paying for the service you use, as opposed to flat monthly %'s of the rent. Overall, I am very pleased with Hemlane and would highly recommend them.

I know I can get a summary, but maybe a more detailed itemization of annual expenses for tax purposes would be good.