Über BerniePortal

BerniePortal spart Zeit, reduziert den Papierkram und revolutioniert die Verwaltung der Personalabteilung.

Erfahre mehr über BerniePortal

So much more than an online enrollment platform, BerniePortal offers HR tools, compliance help, integrated billing with some carriers, payroll integration and integrated COBRA administration.

The inability to sign someone up without providing information that's not necessary/relavent.

Bewertungen zu BerniePortal

4,0

BerniePortal hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 133 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du BerniePortal bereits verwendet?

Meghan Elise
Meghan Elise
Vice President Employee Benefits in USA
Versicherung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Customer support worth the price

Kommentare: We were looking at having to hire two support staff immediately to support new & renewal business Q4. With Bernie's ease of implementation and instant streamlining effect we were able to defer to Q1 so we can spend much needed time searching, thoughtfully rather than desperately, for our one new staff member. Eliminated the need for a second one.

The fact that I don't have to build out anything or learn how to code to be able to use it and show my clients how to use it. I have one person at Bernie to communicate with and he builds everything needed to make me look good and my clients feel confident in the technology. I truly love not having a revolving phone bank of support or having to create a ticket online and wait for someone to pick it up.

Really can't think of a negative right now and haven't heard anything negative about it from any clients to date.

Kristen
Kristen
HR Specialist in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Open Enrollment 2019 -

For the most part the software is a great tool for open enrollment. It is quick and most employees could elect their benefits without any problems.

As the Benefits Administrator I am receiving a lot of feedback from employees that once you get to Step 3 (the page that encompasses all the benefit elections) doesn't auto generate to the next benefit. Employees have been confused by the fact that you hit "save and continue" and there is a check mark next to the benefit but they can't actually see the benefit because it is higher on the page and you would have to scroll up to confirm you have elected that benefit. I would also like to recommend that benefits that are available to employees that are no cost to them be put somewhere other than the benefit tab. It is confusing to employees to see STD and LTD listed at zero cost to them. I understand it is a benefit that is offered by the employer and they should be aware of it but it is confusing when you are making an election for something that you don't contribute to. I appreciate you asking benefit administrators for their feedback. I know it makes the software better and ultimately a better experience for the employees. :)

Antwort von Bernard Health

We appreciate your feedback and would like to help you resolve your troubles by offering a few tips: 1) "Step 3 doesn't auto generate to the next benefit": We would suggest adjusting the magnification settings on the device so that all content is visible. It may also be helpful to include instructions in the customizable informational box that appears when an employee selects a benefit. 2) "It is confusing to employees to see STD and LTD listed at zero cost to them."¿ We encourage taking advantage of the customizable information box that employees see during enrollment. Many employers also find it helpful to arrange an in-person presentation of employee benefit offerings and a quick BerniePortal tutorial in order to simplify open enrollment. BerniePortal's knowledge base also includes in-depth employee tutorials that should help employees. Thanks again for your feedback¿as you noted, this can only improve our product. We will keep these items in mind as we invest in development!

Amanda
Human Resources Manager in USA
Regierungsbeziehungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It could be better

Kommentare: Created more work for HR during open enrollment. In the past, when employees did not make changes to their health insurance plans, we didn't have to update anything. Now that we utilize the Bernie Portal and it does not reflect the correct information, HR is essentially stuck doing every single employee's open enrollment (so that the employee does not assume they pay $0 when they do contribute). Very time consuming. Changes are not always reflected. I have also encountered employees who information was not reflected correctly even though entered with the previous elections - i.e. dependents deleted for no reason. I also feel like it could have more functionality and tools that are useful to the HR professional. I don't understand why it includes new employee forms - feels a little disjointed.

I think the system has potential. It's pretty user-friendly for the most part. I think it could be valuable to an organization but not every single employee will understand how to make sure they are putting in the proper elections for health insurance.

Not fully functional. Our costs do not show up appropriately. Employees are supposed to see how much they pay towards their insurance and it says $0. Since it says this, they can not use the software which results in HR having to do all of the leg work during open enrollment and through out the year. I see they offer 1094/1095C assistance. It is not a functionality on my end. I questioned our third party and have yet to hear back on how this could be implemented.

Antwort von Bernard Health

To improve your BerniePortal experience, I'd like to provide insight into a few of your statements. 1) "Employees are supposed to see how much they pay towards their insurance and it says $0:" This sounds like a configuration problem that can be easily fixed on the back end. I recommend contacting your broker to make the proper back-end adjustments. This way you won't have to do enrollment manually! 2) "I see they offer 1094/1095C assistance. It is not a functionality on my end." BerniePortal has a 1094-C/1095-C reporting functionality that can be activated simply by requesting it from your broker. Our team also offers additional mailing and e-filing services, which can also be arranged if you contact your broker. Overall, we recommend increasing communication with your broker so that BerniePortal functions optimally for your organization. Hopefully this helps!

Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Eases the burden and keeps things simple

Kommentare: BerniePortal has fulfilled our needs for managing benefits, particularly enrollment for health, dental, and vision insurance and related documentation. We are testing out the PTO module, hoping to replace our basic spreadsheets and email approval system. We've been very pleased with the portal, and recommend you at least check it out to see if it will meet your needs.

The bernieportal leverages technology to handle the communication and paperwork/documentation necessary for managing benefits. The process is seamless, and employees have easy access to information about their benefits. Each month a webinar is offered, which covers new releases and reminders about the tools available.

If you have complex benefits, this may not be the best system...but make sure you test it out first. There are some customizations available. Their wheelhouse is probably small to mid-size businesses.

Jennifer
Jennifer
Consultant in USA

Fantastic Team

The total customer experience definitely exceeds expectations. If we have suggestions on how to improve our team is very responsive and listens to our suggestions and usually implements them very quickly.

Some of the employees are our groups don't have access to a computer so they find it difficult to navigate.

Bernie Review

Kommentare: Great

The software is super simple! I could list a dozen things that I love about the portal.

I wish we could customize the portal more. I do not like the date feature for new employees.. I wish you could type the date. I also wish their was a button for a passive enrollment.

Lou
Lou
Account Executive in USA
Versicherung

I've been very happy with the system and service from BerniePortal overall.

Kommentare: Clients have a simple HRIS that allows employees to enroll online.

Most clients the system for enrollment and find it intuitive, easy to use. System is set-up such that the least tech-savvy employee can use the system with a little instruction.

Onboarding- needs to allow employees to save their progress and/or allow forms to be added later. Enrollment-for a waiver of coverage, the active coverage information needs to be required since many carriers ask for this information. Open Enrollment- if a plan is not changing, would like the current enrollment to be reflected or an option for "no change". Ability to add additional website 'hot links' would be nice. Beneficiary form- Beneficiary date of birth, ssn and address fields need to be added since many carriers require this information.

Paula
Paula
President in USA

Great product, very easy to use. Best Service EVER!

Kommentare: Have our information all in one place, and the data integrates with our agency management system.

Very simple for the administrator to use, and learn. The onboarding feature is especially popular among HR staff. Employees love it too and it is a great compliance tool.

Would like to see more integrations with carriers, but I know they are working on that! Cannot accommodate all of the unique premium set ups some of my clients have.

Logistik & Lieferkette, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good Fit for Mid-Size Company

Easy to register with and navigate as a user as well as an administrator. Also customized to what our business needed it for which was a place to house our company's benefits plans and summaries and manage open enrollment and new hire enrollments. The BP helped automate a once manual and paper-only process.

Some delays when navigating to different areas the site, or employee to employee.

Versicherung

Definitely a little bit of a learning curve, but we're coming around

Lots of useful tools that we are able to utilize as a broker. Love the 1095 build outs and quick reports.

Can be a little difficult for a new person to navigate. Would love to see a help feature similar to something you might see on a Microsoft Office programs.

Katherine
Administrative Assistant in USA

Bernie Portal review

Kommentare: It is very time intensive to get a group set up correctly in the portal. The carrier forms are not filled out completely. There isn't direct enrollment with the carriers. The carrier forms must be printed out and enrollment completed on carrier website. With not all the information filled in on the enrollment forms it makes it necessary for us to contact the employee to verify information needed for the online enrollments.

It is easy for Employees to complete their benefit elections in one place.

Not all the needed information is mapped onto the carrier forms when enrollments are completed.

Antwort von Bernard Health

Thanks for your feedback - We would like to help resolve any issues by clarifying a few points on BerniePortal functionality stated in your review: 1) "It is time intensive to set a group up": Every licensee receives unlimited group build outs through their Client Success representative. We suggest reaching out to your Client Success partner to see how you can speed up this process. 2) "Not all carrier form information is mapped onto forms" - BerniePortal's form mapping feature allows users to create custom fields that can be mapped onto any form if the existing option doesn't already exist in the menu. 3) "Carrier forms must be printed out & enrollment completed on the carrier website" - BerniePortal has the infrastructure necessary to allow carriers to pull benefits data. Unfortunately, not all carriers have the same technology & cannot integrate. We suggest exploring BernieBill, a BerniePortal feature that allows carriers to issue bills directly from BerniePortal.

Daniel
Director of Human Resources and Administration in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Helpful product that can use some improvements.

Once everything is entered (see what I like least), the software is pretty intuitive and user-friendly. Getting there is part of the battle.

Data importation. We utilize this software through our broker, and support for the software is only accessible through the broker; the end user/client cannot contact someone for help. If you're not ready to pull the trigger right away, some data becomes outdated and the only efficient way (and I use that term very loosely) is to scrap all of the data and re-import.

Antwort von Bernard Health

We're glad to hear that you've had a positive experience operating BerniePortal once it's been set up. I see that data importation has been difficult for you, and I'd like to offer a few tips. 1) For HR features such as Applicant Tracking, PTO, Time & Attendance, and Compliance, I'm happy to let you know that we have a readily-available Employer Success team that you can directly contact for support. 2) If you would like to edit employee information, this is possible without uploading a new census. If you would like to have your employee update their onboarding documents such as the W-4, you can request an edit from your employee directly in the portal. The employer admin also has the ability to adjust employee information one-by-one if necessary. If you have further questions, I'd recommend working with your health insurance broker to find a solution. We appreciate your feedback!

Julie
Client Information Specialist in USA

Client Information Specialist

Kommentare: Not that we are working with support team on a regular basis, it has been great! Very prompt for service issues.

I have found that it is pretty easy to set up portals for our clients. That is nice.

Not as much flexibility. Need to be able to fix enrollment on one item without having to re-do everything. For open enrollment, it would be great to be able to do a passive enrollment if the group had no benefit changes vs. making everyone enroll again (this has been a huge sore subject with clients).

Antwort von Bernard Health

We're glad to hear that you've had a positive support team experience! In regards to your comment, "For open enrollment, it would be great to be able to do a passive enrollment:" We appreciate this feedback¿we'll take it into consideration as we build out our product development calendar. While BerniePortal currently does not permit passive enrollment, it does remember past employee elections so that employees can easily move through open enrollment without re-evaluating each benefit option. Hopefully this can simplify your processes as we continue to invest in our product!

Steven
Client Service Exec in USA
Versicherung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Broker and Employer User

Kommentare: Overall is very strong. This time of year things are busy for us all, but the team works hard for us.

Very user friendly from an admin and employee perspective. Customization is easy as well.

Wish there was a way to send automatic reminders to employees and a way to have a passive enrollment.

Tanis
Office Manager in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Concept

Kommentare: Like having all in one place but for us that has not happened, still have to go to each carrier.

The idea behind the Bernie Portal is awesome.

That it does not work like we were told it would.

Antwort von Bernard Health

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you've had trouble communicating benefits information to carriers. BerniePortal offers many different integration options--we recommend working with your health insurance broker in order to find the best fit. BerniePortal also partners with leading insurance carriers to offer a native billing solution. Through this solution, these carrier partners can actually issue bills directly through BerniePortal. I encourage you to have a conversation with your broker to further explore this option. I hope this helps!

Lisa
Vice President Employee Benefits in USA

Bernie Portal Review

Customer service, reporting, build out support

Cumbersome, reporting features nice concise

Heather
HR Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Why would you not use Bernie Portal?

Kommentare: BP partnered with our insurance agents from Buckman Mitchel makes the hard job of an HR professional much easier.

Automating the onboarding process and including benefit elections into the onboarding ensures that an employee will not be forgotten when they become eligible for benefits. BP gives employees the opportunity to complete new hire documents prior to their first day, giving them more hands on time. I find employees read the handbook since they have the time to and it is provided online through BP.

I do with there was an E-Verify option, for the fact I still need to see the work eligibility documents on the first day.

Joshua
President in USA

Making communication with clients much easier.

Intuitiveness and ease of use. Slick interface. Clients love it. Relatively small learning curve. ...

Having to redo elections when we make small changes. Not being able to term or add a dependent without redoing elections.

Kelly
Human Resource Director in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome

Kommentare: Since day 1 I have loved this system. I love the fact that it automatically sends you updates as personnel make changes, and that it sends a clear accounting of all elections for enrollment periods.

This program is perfect for staff who are not computer literate. I have many field technicians who have great difficulty maneuvering through systems, but they are very quick to get through BerniePortal with little to no assistance.

Would like a component that allows us to process our payroll internally and not sending information to a payroll vendor.

Samantha
Firm Administrator in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not what I hoped for

Kommentare: Not that impressed with the product. I would like a better platform that is easier to work with.

A solution for employees to sign benefits forms electronically, reducing the need for printing forms and distributing as well as tracking if employees returned them. Can easily send out reminders for those that haven't signed forms.

Reporting is difficult and its not easy to navigate to find employee paperwork and download documents.

Sandi
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

BerniePortal has exceeded my expectations!

Kommentare: My clients absolutely love BerniePortal. The benefits enrollment is great, and the onboarding tools are a huge bonus. What a difference from collecting paper applications from all employees!

As a broker, ease of use for my clients is critical. Online enrollment is the future in benefits, and getting on board with a system that does it right was essential. BerniePortal delivers!

The only thing I would add is a short benefit summary on the Election screens for each plan. As it is set up now, the employee has to click on a PDF to view the benefit summary. It is still far better than paper, but a short summary on the screen would be helpful.

Vicki
Clinical Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bernie is the BOMB

Kommentare: Open enrollment is seamless. Staff unable to access the internet were accommodated during working hours with my assistance.

This was my second year utilizing Bernie Portal for my annual benefit enrollments. It was a breeze. Our Bernie Portal is integrated with ADP and the process was effortless.

The Cons are on ADP end, not Bernie. Working on these insignificant hurdles with them. Will not be a problem moving forward.

Thomas
Orion Sales Manager in USA

Bernie Portal Review

Kommentare: We have always been able to assist our clients with benefit strategies and compliance. Now with Bernie Portal, we can also offer them an HR solution to alleviate the burdens of HR paperwork so the HR manager can focus their time on more important items.

The interface is very user-friendly. We've had multiple ben admin systems throughout the years, Bernie Portal is by far the most user friendly we have experienced.

There are tools that are not available that most larger (51+ employees) employers are looking for. Example: tracking measurement periods

RENEE
HR MANAGER in USA
Großhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

BERNIEPORTAL

Kommentare: This made it quick and organized for open enrollment

It is a great tool for completing open enrollment

as far as I know I like everything so far

Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good product and the creators "get it"

Kommentare: I am still new with my Bernie experience; however, I believe it is a great product that will enhance my ability to write and maintain business as a broker.

The capabilities are very nice, and the main reason I selected Bernie is because they build the site for me

Communication process is poor. I believe that your product would go from good to great if you had a dedicated customer support line that handled broker and client questions. Now, I have to go through the same person who builds the system. He is super nice and good at building sites, but he is often unavailable because he is building other sites (as he should be). For example, getting simple questions answered to COBRA was quite a challenge and setting up COBRA to much longer than it should have. Communication was the real issue