Über Hightail

Mit Hightail kannst du Dateien teilen, Feedback einholen und Projekte von der Konzeption bis zur Fertigstellung durchführen.

Erfahre mehr über Hightail

In addition, the link to access the files remains active indefinitely. In the past, we would have copied and shipped large files, so Hightail has saved time, money and trees.

The organization is a little weird, I'm still not entirely sure what all the features are on this site.

Bewertungen zu Hightail

Hightail hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 288 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Hightail bereits verwendet?

Wyatt
Wyatt
Sales And Marketing Specialist in USA
Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for large files and folders

Kommentare: At a great price, you can store a TON of files, very useful for anyone who is constantly sending, receiving, and storing all types of files.

Hightail makes it easy for me to share large files and folders with people inside and outside my company. You can create "spaces" where all types of files can be stores, and links to this space can be shared with anyone.

Safari does not support folder uploads, but opening chrome and uploading folders to spaces that way made it simple. This was my only hangup with the service.

Sheila
Graphic Design in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

I'm not too crazy about Hightail

Kommentare: Hightail has some really awesome customer service. Other than that, I feel there are other cloud storage and file sharing applications that are more superior.

I like that you have a custom link through which your clients or anyone can upload large files to send to you. Likewise, you are able to send professional looking emails with links for your clients to download large files you send to them.

I was never really able to get the files I stored in the cloud to sync in my local computer drive, so I lost quite a bit of files. I found Hightail more pricier than it needs to be. They used to be great when they were YouSendIt, but once they merged with Hightail, I feel the quality of the product diminished a bit. I didn't like that they do not provide a file preview. So I have to download several photo files to find the picture I'm looking for.

Quelle: GetApp

Narrowing of Features and Declining Value

You can set up a linked folder on your machine that syncs with Hightail. Back in the day (prior to August, 2017) this formed an ideal platform for disseminating content as you could grab download links and include them in your own communications.

Hightail has recently adopted a typical self-focused millennial mindset of tunnel-visioned genius: focusing on an increasingly narrow range of cool stuff and killing off highly practical features without pausing to think about the spectrum of their users. If the HT people have a favorite way of working, they think that everyone works just like they do. As of the most recent downgrade, it is no longer possible to copy download links for files. If you need to send a business email with multiple download links and other content, you're now out of luck, as the only option is to use Hightail's interface to send an email with one (concealed) link. My needs include the ability to send multiple download links to my dealers and prospective dealers - everything from canned social media content to a range of literature and photos. If, for example, a dealer is setting up a website and needs logos, product shots and text files, I can no longer just send out an email with the links to the files on Hightail. Overnight they have unthinkingly destroyed my once routine means of distributing a huge amount of content to our dealers and prospects across the U.S. In a single, narrow-mined stroke, the value of Hightail to my company has vanished overnight. This was a totally brainless move. I suggest that people look for a better solution.

Lauren
Orenda in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple, Easy-to-Use File Transfer Program

Kommentare: DOn't know why they changed the name from You Send It.

Hightail is so simple. Just drag and drop files of any size to send a link for the recipient to open the file.

There might be a better way to convey it on the receiving end - the recipient gets and email that says "John has sent you a file". With all the spamming these days, you have to take the extra step to let them know it's for real.

Art Director in USA
Druck, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good option for sharing large files

Kommentare: HighTail allows me to send large files efficiently to clients or suppliers. Since I deal with artwork design and production each and every day I really need an safe, fast and effective way to share files whether they be large proofs or final files for print/web production. HighTail generally suits my needs.

I like that I can share large files with my clients on a piece of software that lives on my computer rather than using an online service where I upload the file via a web browser. I feel it is a more secure process when using an app as opposed to using a service such as WeTransfer. I consider the free version to be a great tool that is less troublesome than dropbox.

While I consider the free version to be a great tool, I do believe that the paid version is a bit on the expensive side for my level of use. I consistently use HighTail, but not enough to justify a monthly subscription. If I run into limits on what I can upload for free, I will then move to another free alternative that has less restritive file size limits such as WeTransfer.

musician in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

SO Much Easier than Dropbox

Kommentare: I send and receive audio files all the time and there is never a problem.

Its ease of use. Whether sending or receiving audio files there's never a problem.

Well, it would be nice if it were free....

Pranjal
Founder in Indien
Fotografie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good for online proofing, file sharing and creative project management

Kommentare: Have been using it for many years now and more or less satisfied. Customer support is responsive and revert promptly.

You can easily share graphics to your client for feedback. The annotation tools are very easy for anyone to use. You can also collect files from anyone by just sharing a link with them which they can use to directly upload and send files to you.

Not very customisable. Custom branding is limited. Users have to sign in to leave feedback.

Shawn
Partner in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent next level file sharing app

Kommentare: We use it weekly and it is really helpful for confidential files or files where we want to have some receipt they were downloaded by the user. It is especially helpful for legal documents.

I really like the control you can have over sharing files. Prior to hightail we would just share dropbox links but they were not secure nor could you tell if someone had downloaded a file. Hightail solves those problems.

There isn't much to not like. I wish the teams pricing was a little lower but it's more than fair given it's alternatives.

Einzelhandel, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great For Sharing Lots of Photos

Kommentare: Overall, easy to use, easy to share, and user friendly.

It was pretty easy to get started and you get a lot of features even with a free account. We used this to share photos from a large event. We could share the link with others and they didn't need an account to access or download.

Tapan
Tapan
Data Analyst in Indien
Internet, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

HighTail - Easiest way to share large files

I love that there is no restraint on storage capacity with Hightail. I can chose file of any size and share it will any number of recipients keeping a tab on who is doing what with my file. It also allows me to share a file with someone for a specific period of time. It also offer plugins so that it can be integrated within your email service so that one can share large files directly from within an email. Another feature which sets it apart from other cloud storage providers is that it also offers digital signature capability and one can read and sign the shared documents from within Hightail. So documents never leave Hightail servers and remain secure.

Hightail keeps the individual files encrypted all the time through it's sophisticated encryption technology but it doesn't allow me to generate my own encryption keys which would have made me feel more in control over my data. Customer support is also very delayed and I have faced multiple instances when the service was down.

Marianne
Chief Creative Guru & Experiential Evangelist in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Hightail - a business tool I can't live without.

Kommentare: I think I said this above having all my work in one place is huge for me. I can be tracking 2,3,4,...7 jobs at a time so I need a solution that helps me to keep it all straight and streamline the process. I get this with Hightail. Add in the fact that I can customize each space and there is the opportunity for collaboration right there in the space that's a time saver that I can't say enough about. When approvals need to happen asap this allows me to get the content there as quickly as possible and approved so we can move ahead. Hightail is one of those business tools I can't live without.

I love the ease of use for me. I'm a freelance Creative Director so it lets me customize content for my different clients per space while keeping in all in one accessible location for me. This helps me to streamline my process so it allows me to jump from job to job effortlessly. Also this allows me to share large files for immediate response and has the capabilities for there to be dialogue right there on the site again keeping all the content bundled in one easily accessible place.

I have had issues with clients not understanding what they are supposed to do with the invite or link. Also I've heard they are asked to download the software if this is their first visit and from one person I was told he ended up with a reoccurring charge after viewing the link. As I'm not personally encountering these issues but I've also been using Hightail for years I'm concerned about this client side of the equation. I'm mostly hearing this from non-tech savvy clients but they are clients that need to be managed is there a way to make this even simpler for them?

An
Media Specialist in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Reliable Media Sharing Platrom.

Kommentare: With hightail, we are using their service as a way to effectively deliver large media files to clients. Spaces are used for when we hire contractors, especially for overseas productions shoots. They are able to drop videos in to share with us. Overall our experience with HIghtail has been great!

We worked with Hightail when they were known as YouSendIt and stuck with them after they rebranded. Their uploading services have always been reliable, and their constant updates and new features have kept our creative studios' workflow current and created more efficiencies. (spaces, video commenting/feedback) The receipt that is sent to our main inbox everytime we send a file is also great in that we are able to track projects and give us the piece of mind that the file actually sent. The expiration option ensures that we don't overload our spaces.

Viewing videos using mobile via their app is not the greatest experience and could be better optimized. No true full screen and slightly clunky, but nothing that can't be easily worked around.

Craig
Principal in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Couldn't work globally without Hightail

Kommentare: I produce research-based thought leadership and content (NOT fake news...but content based on actual data from surveys or interviews with experts of groups of experts). Hightail provides an easy mechanism for me to store, distribute, share and catalog my material at all stages of the production journey. I can also get hold of files instantly in a client meeting, or at an aiport or hotel whilst travelling. I find it extremely helpful in maintaining productivity

Hightail makes it very easy for me to share and send very large files containing high quality graphics, video clips and text to my clients and associates around the world...and getting feedback and updates back quickly as well.

There are a lot of features and functions I haven't explored yet - so it's too early to criticise

Robin
owner in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

I couldn't work without Hightail.

Kommentare: I have been very happy with Hightail and have used it for years. I also included the Uplink on my website so clients can upload large files to me.

Hightail is very easy to use and the recipient doesn't need to have permission or the software or anything else to get my files. It is also very easy for them to forward the email to someone else. This is very helpful when I send large files to my client for printing. They can just forward the email on to their printer.

There are occasional problem when clients upload files to Hightail - Uplink. I've had several clients complain that they aren't able to upload more than 7-8 jpgs at a time. It is very frustrating and they usually give up and use Google or Dropbox.

Cheryl
owner in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hightail is superior

Kommentare: great

I can send large quantities of documents to my client and they do NOT have to sign up for a paid subscription. Super easy to use. I can also send my clients my link where they can easily upload to my account. I also love the easy of use seeing the history and being able to forward previously uploaded files to another person. I have tried dropbox (do not like much) and box (same...do not like much) and find hightail far superior.

Recently, I have heard feedback from first time hightail users that are my clients that when I send them a link, they are confused with the popups that make it seem like they have to set up an account. I have not verified this but if this is true, then that is definitely a minus.

Rita
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Hightail Spaces are lost in space

Kommentare: I really liked Hightail before they started messing with a great product that included an Outlook add on tool. So easy to securely share files. Now file sharing requires logging into hightail. My customers complained that they were prompted to set up a Hightail account before they could access shared files.

Hightail has a very user friendly uplink portal. And it is very reasonably priced software for a small business.

Started with "yousendit" originally and then the file sharing company reinvented itself with a name change that had no identification related to file sharing. Also, Hightail had a great Outlook add on tool that they abandoned out of the blue.

Jason
Fotografie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great service

Kommentare: I send images daily and j have photographers who work for me send me images. But I'd my customers are not happy I'm not happy. They need to ba able to download the images quickly and easily without signing up for anything.

Asa professional photographer I rely on sending images to customers your service has been great.

A significant number if customers have difficulty downloading the images. They dont want to sign up for anything they just want to see their images. Sending large files is still awkward and takes a long time to download.

Liz.O
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten
Quelle: GetApp

Good for Sending, Bad for Backup

Kommentare: I've been using this product for over a year now and after having such great luck with the Free version, I opted for the Pro Plus version about 8 months ago. I love the way it implements itself directly in Outlook making sending large files a breeze without having to do ANY extra steps (no need to even .zip a folder anymore). However, now I've recently gotten into using their Desktop Application that's supposed to make syncing files to the cloud and other computers a breeze, but this has not been the case. The 1st thing I noting was that I literally have to duplicate my file on my hard drive to put them in their desktop app in order for them to sync (without this, they are limited to 2GB file size) - ok, I made sure my work computer had a massive hard drive when I purchased it, so this isn't an issue for me personally. However, I DO keep an external hard drive at home that I like to keep a physical backup of my work files - apparently, you are not allowed to save your synced file anyplace else other than your hard drive unless you copy and paste from their file. This is outrageous to me. There should be a way to just save the YSI file directly to my external drive without having to save it to my C drive FIRST. The biggest issue of all is when I went to their website for Support - apparently this has been the most talked about/complained about issue for over 2 years with absolutely NO RESPONSE from YSI. After doing more research with other services, I will lower my Stars in this review as soon as I find another provider to replace YSI.

Easy to send files and folders from Email with ProPlus version.

Must duplicate files on hard drive in order to save to Cloud. Unable to save files from Cloud anyplace else other than C Drive

Jenai
Account Strategist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great, With a few small tweaks

Kommentare: Overall experience with Hightail has been great. They are quick to assist with issues and overall have a great product

It is the Easiest way to share materials between colleagues and clients. With everything in one place, all can access without the need for sending email attachments

You cannot copy items between folders (only to spaces) if you are “cleaning up” and reorganizing a folder, you have to download then reupload into new folder

casey
advisor in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Hightail has been great

Kommentare: The overall experience has been great. Like I said, it has meant that we can do more work, do it more quickly. For fear of you raising your prices, I have to say that it's a real bargain.

Basically, it's functionality. I advise a college radio station. With my Hightail account, I'm able to transfer files from a computer in one studio to a computer in another without the computers being networked. That makes things so much more efficient. That, plus just being able to send audio and video files quickly anywhere is just great. The lack of limits on size and frequency of use is also terrific.

There have been changes as you've gone from YouSendIt to Hightail and that meant having to figure out what I used to do so easily. With time, I've figured everything out, but it was confusing at first.

Kreeti
Digital Marketing Manager in Nepal
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sharing, Editing, Singing & Managing Files Made Simple

Kommentare: Our team is accessing files remotely for collaboration and production using Hightail due to which we can save our time and focus on business productivity.

I like its file tracking feature that allows me to track sent and received files on various dates. Additionally, the data-sharing notification feature is excellent that makes file sharing more professional and managed.

With its free account space for storage is limited to 2 GB only, and also the maximum file size upload is only 250 MB, which is very low as compared to the other similar cloud storage providers out there.

Carl
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

HIghtail

Kommentare: I send out radio shows and commercials to stations all over the country and very pleased with the speed they get to my clients.

Easy to use for someone like me who is not great on a computer.

When changes are made and not notified about it. Once I figure it out everything is ok.

Ellen
Programming Director in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Too Often Crashes

Kommentare: I send audio files to the radio station where I am programming director. I sometimes send audio files to people who request them.

Easy to use in terms of general process.

It very frequently starts saving an audio file and then stalls. After a stall happens, you have to start over if it is ever going to send. Lately it has wobbled like crazy when it is sending. That is visually alarming.

Colleen
Executive in USA
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use

Kommentare: Hightail has always responded quickly when a problem arises which isn't very often.

This software is easy to use and affordable. Most people can access the files we send through Hightail without a problem.

I don't like the black background with very light grey writing on the page that records what we have sent out. It makes it difficult when researching for a particular order.

Director in UK
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is simply a lifesaving tool, in business terms and great for both internal and client collaboration
I am proud to have been a user since the early days, and love customizing each portal that I create, and then providing a personalised link to both my team and clients alike

I have been a user for ten years, and it is so very intuitive

Trying to change my email address, as a username (not easy)