Über Teachable

Erstelle deine eigene Kurswebsite und steuere dein Branding, deine Schülerdaten, deine Nachrichtenübermittlung und deine Preise von einem Ort aus.

Erfahre mehr über Teachable

I've mostly used Teachable as the student, not the teacher. It seems to integrate with websites nicely and is easy to enroll in the courses.

Payout options may a problem for subscribers from outside the USA.

Bewertungen zu Teachable

3,9
3,8

Teachable hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 167 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Teachable bereits verwendet?

Stephanie

Marilyn "M.E."
Marilyn "M.E."
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Teachable Moments

Kommentare: Overall Teachable solved a revenue issue for us! We needed a place for people to go and purchase out products and downloadable services without having to start from scratch - which is quite costly - and Teachable allowed us to do that. It help us generate necessary revenue with ease.

Teachable is very user friendly. I am not a very technically inclined person and this program gave me the ease I needed to set our digital classroom. AT the time we began using the company could not afford more than $100 a month and Teachable was very affordable for out small nonprofit.

I would say that my least favorite aspect of Teachable is or was the design templates, although they recently upgraded this feature and you can do a few more fancy things to your store and landing page.

Aimee Rebekah
Aimee Rebekah
Director in USA
Alternative Medizin, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Loved it at first! BUT, so many limits to functionality I switched to new platform within 3 months

Kommentare: When I first started with teachable I had an amazing experience. I loved the on boarding process that they put you through. Once I started building my courses at first it was positive because it's very simple to start. However, once I got a little deeper into my process I realized that there are many limitations to this platform that required me to do workarounds. For example:1. They have the ability to create a quiz but that quiz can only be multiple choice and the multiple choice can only have one correct answer. Therefore, the assessments are very limited you can't have students reflect with writing in their own words or you can't have any other type of question other than multiple choice. I had already created quizzes in another tool that I was using because I was already teaching courses before I started Teachable so I just linked those quizzes to Teachable.2. Teachable also doesn't integrate with SCORM which is a type of interactive course building file which is really state of the art. I use a tool called Articulate 360 and it allows you to create interactive courses/lessons and most LMS platforms integrate with SCORM and tools like Articulate 360, but Teachable does not.3. You cannot see the results of assessments unless you are on the highest tier, which is $120+4. You cannot have discussions with students unless you are on the highest tier.

Teachable really sold me with their marketing about how easy the platform was to use and with their webinars that really walk you through the course creation process. I really appreciated the education that they give you at the beginning of the on boarding process and that was really valuable even if the tools themselves ended up being very limited for my needs.

Between the time that I signed up and I decided to leave this platform the price more than doubled for hosting the courses that I was hosting. In addition to this, when you compare Teachable to the other platforms that are available out there; specifically, learnworlds, which is a platform I decided to go with, there's so many limits to their functionality that it's really difficult to run a course that is training students and in a process that needs to be evaluated. I think if I was just teaching for fun this might be a good platform for me but my students are moving through a process that needs to result in demonstrated mastery and the ability for me to present the information to them in an interactive way and the ability for them to complete evaluations and assessments with in the actual platform is really limited.

Axel
Internet, Selbstständig

Too Expensive, Not Designed for Marketers

Kommentare: I wish I had signed up for the free or lower-cost plan first. It's very difficult to switch platforms, so this is a decision that requires a lot of pre-purchase diligence. I now use Systeme.io, which offers way more features at a fraction of the price.

The course building platform itself is great. Support is decent for the most part, although they don't really engage well with feature requests.

Teachable seems to look at sales as an incidental part of course creation and teaching. Here are a few examples: 1) They don't have a drag-and-drop landing page builder. The templates are really generic and it's hard to get a sleek-looking landing page. 2) No email automation. You can send one-off emails to your students, but that's it. 3) You can't add a lead magnet to collect email addresses. You'll have to pay for Convertkit (which is another $25/month) or another email list provider. 4) There are limited options to customize the checkout. You can't custom code (like Analytics), or so on because the checkout is hosted on sso.teachable.com. And there's no option for a two-step checkout - say goodbye to abandoned cart emails (unless you want to create a complicated integration). 5) Their "one-click-upsell" mechanics are super limited. They previously had this feature, but got rid of it when they upgraded their page builder. They now have an upsell, but the mechanics are clunky. Again - sales and marketing are not at the top of this company's mind. On top of that, the pricing was expensive. $99/month (the lowest-priced annual plan with no transaction fee) is super high pricing for what you get. You're better off with Kartra (which costs the same as Teachable, but does way more) or Systeme.io (which has crazy-affordable pricing and really engages with users to improve the product)

Öffentliche Sicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes

Kommentare: My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

Ruth
Founder in Neuseeland
E-Learning, Selbstständig

They care about making a good product - but it'll cost you.

Kommentare: I have used Teachable for 5+ years, started on a free tier and have gone up the tiers as my business has grown. Though they have a lot of resources for businesses starting out, the resources for growing business is lacking in my opinion. The platform itself works well, I don't come across any broken functionality or bugs - it's more that the price has become prohibitive for me and though their customer service is helpful (offered me a slight discount on the price increase) I'll still be moving to a lifetime deal with another software. To conclude - it's a great platform but be wary as a new business starting out - once you've taken that free trial and start building your business on there, it's easy to become trapped and have to pay whatever they're asking to avoid moving your whole school to another platform.

This software is easy to get started - on a Pro account you have everything you need, the free tier these days has very little. It's a great drag and drop course content & sales pages - handles all the sales and taxes if you like. Provide training to help you get started with not just the course creation but the sales side as well - I definitely found this helpful in the beginning.

There is very little in terms of tracking student progress - the mail capability is lacking - I use separate softwares for emailing, customer management and even certification (zapier & mailerlite). So those features though provided by Teachable don't have much functionality. I can see individual students log ins and progress on individual courses - but overall unable to see for instance, a list of students that havent' logged in for a certain time period - I have to look at each student individually. So it's very difficult to track the students progress overall in the school. Plus they've just put the prices up and it's very expensive now.

Nick
Nick
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Simple and Reliable Online Course Hosting Option

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been positive. I've created 4 courses on the platform so far.

Teachable makes it easy to put your online course(s) up for sale without having to worry about separate video hosting or payment processing. You also don't have to worry about managing customer logins to your own website for security since all that happens on Teachable's system. It's easy to upload content and create your curriculum, and it's nice that you can start with a pre-made template for sales pages and checkout pages, rather than having to create all that from scratch.

If you're not making many sales, it can be hard to justify the ongoing monthly expense. The login system is surprisingly frustrating and confusing, especially if students have enrolled in previous courses or if you yourself have enrolled in other Teachable-hosted courses. At one point I had 10+ logins, but I've slowly been able to consolidate those under one master account.

Jessica
Jessica
Educator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's a great platform for my course

Kommentare: I have enjoyed my time with Teachable thus far and I think it's one of the best platforms out there. I'm enjoying the user-friendly process.

I was excited to find a product that was stremlined and user friendly. I even like that I can register students without registering for their monthly plan. Of course the fees are a little higher with that version but I like the 'try-before-you-buy aspect'. I like the look of it and that you will be able to creat certificates and allow students to track their progress. One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want.

I don't like that i have to post a youtube URL if my videos are a little larger. This adds a little complication seeing as I'm not a techie, but it's not insurmountable.

Cushi
Cushi
owner in Bermuda
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

A good solution for e-courses, but not the easiest to learn

Kommentare: It definitely does the trick. I set my online course up and created my sales page reasonably quickly considering I'd never used the software, or any e-course software before.

I love the aesthetics and the User Interface. It's all very clean and feels comfortable. I like the simplicity of the sales page builder as well, although I'd like it more if it were more custmizeable with options like more fonts, and different layouts.

The flow between webpages is super awkward and it was sometimes hard to find the page I was looking for. Every time I go to do anything, it opens a new tab. The over all user experience just felt unnatural to me.

Filip
Filip
ceo in Italien

A complete LMS platform

Kommentare: We like teachable for easy and fast delivery courses

A complete LMS platform, a lot of features and custom designs you can use, you can actually build the whole website using teachable with the e-learning part integrated into it

The price, it's really high, of course, you can use it for free but the commissions are high

Yevstakhii
Teacher in Ukraine
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My expirience of use Teachable

Kommentare: I have positive experiences with Teachable. I appreciate the ability to easily create and customize courses, add multimedia elements like videos and quizzes, and brand their course websites.I also like Teachable's marketing and sales features, which make it easier to promote and sell courses directly through the platform. The ability to offer discounts and promotions, create custom landing pages, and track conversions and sales data can be particularly useful for course creators who are looking to increase their reach and revenue.However, as I mentioned earlier, some users have also reported issues with Teachable's pricing, payment processing, and design customization options. It's important to carefully evaluate these potential drawbacks and limitations before deciding whether Teachable is the right platform for your specific needs and goals.

Teachable has user-friendly interface and intuitive course creation process. This allows me to easily organize and structure my content, add multimedia elements like videos and quizzes, and customize my course's branding and design. This ease-of-use can be particularly beneficial for individuals who may not have technical expertise or experience with online course creation.Another aspect that I appreciate is Teachable's marketing and sales features. With tools like coupon codes, affiliate programs, and upselling options, I can promote and sell my courses directly through the Teachable platform. Additionally, the platform integrates with email marketing services like Mailchimp, making it easier for course creators to communicate with their students and potential customers.

Teachable is expensive for me, and it will be especially expensive for users with large student bases or multiple courses. While Teachable offers a free plan with limited features, users need to upgrade to a paid plan to access more advanced features such as graded quizzes, custom domain names, and more detailed analytics.Another issue that I have is that Teachable's built-in website builder can be somewhat limited in terms of design customization. While I can add my branding and customize some elements of my course website, I unable to make more extensive design changes without the assistance of a developer.

Musik, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Some Important Features Missing but Great Customer Service

Kommentare: Teachable has solved the problem I was having using self-hosted WordPress with WooCommerce's suite of very expensive plugins that are continually updated with breaking changes that they often had to be resolved by tinkering with PHP code. Having my school hosted in the cloud takes care of all of the software and security headaches. I do feel bad leaving a lukewarm review for the product, as the customer service is extraordinarily nice and has bent over backwards to help me overcome some of the limitations. Also worth noting that perhaps my situation is unique, in that I am mostly using Teachable as sort of online school with content from other authors, as opposed to just being a place for me to sell my own courses without involving anyone else. Right now, there doesn't seem to be a platform that's super-focused on creating your own online school with multiple teachers (or is there?), so Teachable is getting the job done, but I regret not having done a bit more research on the front end, as some other solutions might have offered me more of what I was looking for.

* Customer Service * Ease of use * Pretty nice admin interface * Although there is not much you can do to theme your school without getting into code, what they have out of the box is pretty tasteful in terms of typography and layout

* No built-in contact form capabilities, and I don't know that you could code your own (if you're tech savvy enough), so that leaves you with a cheesy free embed form that will have someone else's branding on it, or paying at least $10 a month for a white-labeled contact form. I mean, what sort of paid online school doesn't have a "Contact Us" page with a form (as opposed to just an email address)? * Hefty fees if you want to have payments automatically sent out to other authors automatically (wish I knew this before I signed up!). * No ability to sell gift certificates without going through a very manual convoluted process

Zeb
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

HQ Video or Global Customers find another platform

Kommentare: At first it was good overall. Given the first and third issue above I'm moving to another platform ASAP, I hope this review helps inform others before making a choice.

The payment gateway and ease of setting up courses. It is easy to get started and the onboarding example courses and content was very helpful.

This is a new con for me. Teachable no longer has unlimited video file size! They used to market unlimited, but that changed to under 4GB if I remember correctly and now they have a hard limit of 2GB. They made this change with NO NOTIFICATION to customers. My customers pay a lot for the content and we deliver 30min+ HD lectures, now we have to leave the platform. If you are thinking "Just use Vimeo to host" that is an extra $600/year to Vimeo to do that. My second issue is navigating the payment end is complicated when you have customers that forgot to add a coupon (especially for a subscription) or if a customer misses a payment there is very little you can do. Third, my customer based has grown significantly in EU. Our coaching or live lecture courses aren't required to collect VAT. Teachable collects it anyways and it's up to the customer to get their money back vs not charging them in the first place.

Peter
Proprietor in Norwegen

I love Teachable

Kommentare: I teach small-business owners sales and marketing skills via online courses. When I first crossed over from a Wordpress platform with 80 lectures, each containing video, text, PDFs, and soundtracks - the entire crossover process was completed in a day. Easy work - just lots of it. That was three years ago. Since then I've seen more than 100 students set up their own schools. They all rave about the platform.

Incredibly easy to use. Very fast to deploy a complete course with almost zero technical skill. fast and comprehensive support. Their free pricing offers a zero cost startup. It's so good that I introduce Teachable to every student I teach.

I love their concern about security. Just sometimes, and this is not a complaint, I offend by logging in from a different machine. That invokes two-factor authorization. It's not a problem at all, of course, but it's the feature I like least. Call me lazy.

Katherine
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Frustrated. Needed teachable to cancel. I tried several times unsucessfully

Kommentare: Customer service is horrible on resolve. Quick.on emails, robotic ,(automated responses. Seemingly without any human contact under any circumstance. Very depressing especially when they see. Know and hear that you are struggling over and over and over and still are unable to cancel on your own.

Never got to use it. Didnt have course material prepared yet. But continued to pay. Couldn't cancel on my own with all of the instructions given to me by email. Asked them to please go ahead and cancel for me as I was having difficulties and they never would just kept sending back into on how to do it myself and in the meantime billed me again knowing I wanted to cancel and have never ever used the program yet. In replies to my plea for help, they continued to direct me with directions I could not figure out, instead seeing HOW I reached out at least 10 times and lastly requested mew resets and a call from someone to finally get this cancellation over and done with. I should have read the ratings before investing

Their insensitivity to isolated cases where I actually needed them to cancel from their company side, instead if making a fooling me....and I still didn't know how to get my self cancelled. My comments about what I like are really extra on what I didnt like. Realized I had used the wrong box , but had typed so much. Just left it there.

Stella
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great user experience, API access expensive

Great user experience. Creating courses is incredibly easy and the interface is beautiful and pleasant to use.

API access requires a much higher tier in subscription which is inaccessible for smaller businesses

Baidhurya
Online Course Consultant in Indien
Quelle: GetApp

The most beginner friendly online course platform

Teachable offers all the essential features one needs to create and deliver an online course. The platform is super easy to use and it allows you to get started quickly. The pricing is beginner friendly and they even have a free plan.

Teachable's website building capabilities are really limited at this point. So, unlike their competitors, they don't offer site themes and the page builder has limited customization options as well.

Brittany
Brittany
Web Coordinator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Web = Great, Mobile = Pain

Kommentare: Online learning has been cumbersome in the past to say the least. This not only simplifies and streamlines it, but it makes it a bit addicting as well. Overall positive review with recommendations. Just stay away from the app. It's flawed.

Interface is easy to navigate, options for action are straightforward, and payment system makes sense. All adds up to a great experience, at least on a web browser.

The mobile app is non-functional. Try to do the same things you do on a browser using the same interface and you'll probably uninstall the app like I did. It just doesn't work.

Bryanna
Yoga Teacher in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Past User

Kommentare: I liked using teachable but i found a different software that i prefer and made the switch

I liked that you used to be able to create a course for free and pay after 10 students and i like that your course is searchable on their platform

I dont love the pricetag or how it doesnt integrate into a website

, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Highly customizable software platform for diverse courses, learning groups, and users.

No two courses need look the same in Teachable -- this software provides excellent and robust options for designing course layout, modules, accessibility, focus areas, and more, while remaining quick to learn and use, which is a plus for busy instructors.

Not as many students arrive to the class with prior experience using a Teachable-hosted course. The software learning curve is quick and easy, but a bit of learning time is helpful to include.

Nataliia
Ukraine
Quelle: GetApp

Easy to use, well organized platform for learning

What I like most about Teachable is that this platform is well organized and its structure courses so simple that couldn't be down in any other way better. I like that it counts my learning progress in the upper left corner. And I like that Teacher lessons show what data it contains like video, a document to download, pictures etc. Nice feature when I'm going through the course the lessons that I went through I marked completed and that's why I know exactly where I left my learning process. Also, one of the greatest differences of the platform is that interface which allows you to focus on the main thing - learning the course and there is nothing that will bother you or took your intention away from it. Just press the fullscreen button and start learning. No interfering elements are involved.

Cons... I cannot think of any of it right now, because I don't see them. I don't use Teachable platform for distributing my own content just as a learner when I enrolled in somebody else course, but I know for a fact that Teachable despite its simplicity and well-organized structure also provides its own web host, payment processor and if you will put your free course on teachable it will not take any fees from you for peoples enrollments.

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Hoping there is a better software out there.

Good structure to course, nice layout. Good analytics. We have not launched our course yet but have been using it to set up for the past month.

Video uploads take forever. Like 10 times what it take to upload to Youtube. One video of 150 MB can take 1.5-2 hours to upload on extremely high speed internet. (17mb per sec download speed). We have talked to support and they say if our videos are over 500MB then it can take a long time. And if your computer falls asleep it will stop...or it can just stop anyways and you have to start to whole process over again. The bulk uploader is a joke. If you want to upload 10 video plan on staying on your computer for 15 hours. The only reason we have stuck with it is that once you invest 100 hours you hate to throw it away. Also, thinkific doesn't have great analytics, so we feel there is no better option at the moment. If only Google would create good platform.

Tim
Tim
Software Engineer in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Teachable is a forward-thinking Learning Management System with a great team behind it.

Kommentare: This software helps me have a modern and useful course for my users. It takes out the management of affiliates, authentication, and other essential components that would be a pain to build.

Teachable has so much functionality I expect from my Learning Management System. And the support/team behind it empowers me to provide beautiful courses to my users. Its coupon functionality, homepage design, and course builder are intuitive and powerful. Just recently they have made it possible to give students a certificate for completing the course, which has long been a request of our users.

I wish there was more API functionality through Teachable. There are useful webhooks, but manipulating data within the platform is limited.

Oliver

Used to be a lot better

Very easy to set up courses, videos load fast and uptime is high

All additional features added within the past 2 years have made the software less user friendly on the backend. Difficult dealing with customer support on lower tier plans.

Hanah
Freelance Writer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Create Courses Quickly

Kommentare: Overall, I love creating content with this site. If you have questions, they can help you and help you figure it out. The emails they send with helpful tips and information is great. This site is wonderful for anyone who wants to teach other people information that is valuable.

I like this software and how I can create courses and content for other people. The site has loads of information and they will also email you simple articles to help you with creating content. I like the helpful tips and how useful they are. I also like how I can put my information on slides, so I can create my courses. I have loads of ideas, so I want to make courses for people to understand. This site has tools that I can add to my content course slides which allows me to be creative for each one.

It can overwhelm someone at first especially if you just started. The site has loads of areas and boxes. I wish they would minimize just some of the work areas for people who just started with the site. The dashboard main area to do my work on just seems a bit overwhelming. It would be nice if the area didn't have so much on it and the person could click to decrease some of the options on the dashboard fast.

Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Great platform, I wish there was a couple of extra features

Teachable really can help new teachers who would like to start selling their lessons, as they provide a great free plan. After someone start earning some money can upgrade to the next plans, getting the advantage of great extra features. I hope that they won't change their free plan with adding more limitations, as many other services have done in the past.

I don't like the fact that many features are available only via the Zippier integration. That means, you need an extra tool to learn and you need am extra service to pay every month. At least, teachable should be able to let professionals create 2-3 upsell options, and more importantly to give the the ability to create membership plans for their courses, with a trial period that automatically would upgrade to the standard pricing plan. Now someone needs to duplicate the course, create two separate pricing plans, integrate with Zapier and create a route where when someone pass the trial period, zappier will delete him from one source and then enrolling him to the other. Too complicated.