Über Teachable

Erstelle deine eigene Kurswebsite und steuere dein Branding, deine Schülerdaten, deine Nachrichtenübermittlung und deine Preise von einem Ort aus.

Erfahre mehr über Teachable

Gian angelo D.
Copywriter & Marketing Strategist
  • Bewertet am 27.5.2019

"A Giant in Online Courses"

Kommentare: Teaching other has always been a passion of mine especially if it helps my students learn from my mistakes and avoid them in their own career. Being in the Copywriting field for years has always instilled in me that you have to keep learning and keep teaching others... and Teachable gives you that option. It's easy to get into and setup plus you get a lot of nice features to make your teachable page look really great! Overall, Teachable is one website you should definitely put your mind into.

Vorteile: It's probably one of the better choices when it comes to making courses online. First of all, you get a lot of options to integrate with 3rd party software which is great since you don't have to start from scratch in some aspects. Second, it's really easy to start teaching your audience online with Teachable. You can easily add new courses, record some lessons and launch! You get great payment options to choose from to give your customers some variety, also, it's easy to setup your page to make your "classroom" look even better.

Nachteile: It does take time to setup everything if you're planning to work on many courses and uploading a lot of material. While you can get most of it done by the time your free trial is over, it's always great to upgrade from the start to be able to take advantage of the premium features Teachable offers. One more thing is that, it's a bit pricey compared to other choices however, if you want great quality, it will cost you.

• Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Jessica A.
Educator
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2020

"It's a great platform for my course"

Kommentare: I have enjoyed my time with Teachable thus far and I think it's one of the best platforms out there. I'm enjoying the user-friendly process.

Vorteile: I was excited to find a product that was stremlined and user friendly. I even like that I can register students without registering for their monthly plan. Of course the fees are a little higher with that version but I like the 'try-before-you-buy aspect'. I like the look of it and that you will be able to creat certificates and allow students to track their progress. One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want.

Nachteile: I don't like that i have to post a youtube URL if my videos are a little larger. This adds a little complication seeing as I'm not a techie, but it's not insurmountable.

• Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Yadah K.
Business Owner, Trainer
E-Learning, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 25.4.2020

"They Have Good Resources "

Kommentare: Initially I was dazzled by Teachable. As I got more into my business and researched, and the more teachable updated and changed their plans and options, the more I realised that there are better options out there. The resources are still good, but they focus very much on the 'overnight success' model that tends to burn most entrepreneurs out.

Vorteile: You can change the colour scheme to for your brand.
There is a white label option to ensure all branding is yours and only yours.
You can use your own domain.
Video hosting is done directly on Teachable, so no need to figure out embedding etc from other sites.
You can add quizzes and tests to your online courses.
You can add resources and PDFs for your students.
It's possible to add add-ons for additional income on courses, and also bundle courses together.
They offer many free courses and resources to help the budding online teacher.

Nachteile: There is no middle ground between the starter plan and next plan - it's expensive for the starter plan compared to other course platform options with hardly any of the perks the others offer.
The promise of being able to fully customise your school is negated by the very real fact that you HAVE to be able to 'code' to do so, taking away from the ease of use.
The quizzes available are restricted to multiple choice or true and false - students aren't able to upload assignments and there is also no room for free flow questions.

• Bewertet am 25.4.2020
Robin F.
Musik, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 22.2.2019

"Good in some areas. Poor in others."

Kommentare: Leadership of the company tends to focus on the money angle but I guess that's to be expected. ("You can make mega-$$$ with your courses!" and some have.) You won't find information on crafting your course but you will find plenty on how to give it a high price tag. If you can avoid the hype and have a third party email app you like to use, then Teachable is a good option. I've found it to be affordable and profitable in spite of the email problems.

Vorteile: The teaching platform (curriculum videos, PDFs, etc.) is good and uploads are easy. I found that building a sales page was not difficult and sending people to the sales page with discount coupons was a smooth process. Payments were collected and paid out promptly at the end of the month (for my plan). Support is by email only (no chat) and took a couple days but the answers were helpful. The plans are reasonably priced for individual teachers and consultant.

Nachteile: I have experienced serious problems with their built-in email application. Since this is the primary way teachers communicate with students, it should be a priority for them. There were days when it wasn't working when I needed to send links to live classes and webinars. It's difficult to customize "Welcome" emails and there's no way to schedule sends or save drafts. They recently announced that all emails would come from a strange looking email address that belongs to them (and has been labeled "spam" by my email hosting service). I've drawn their attention to these problems several times. The response is polite but there has been no move to improve the service. It's a very amateurish response. I would recommend looking at other services first OR be prepared to use a third party email service every time you want to reach your students, including new sign-ups.

• Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.2.2020

"Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes "

Kommentare: My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

Vorteile: I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Nachteile: Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

• Bewertet am 27.2.2020
Filip N.
ceo
  • Bewertet am 24.5.2019

"A complete LMS platform"

Kommentare: We like teachable for easy and fast delivery courses

Vorteile: A complete LMS platform, a lot of features and custom designs you can use, you can actually build the whole website using teachable with the e-learning part integrated into it

Nachteile: The price, it's really high, of course, you can use it for free but the commissions are high

• Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Junior Associate
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.2.2020

"Great teaching platform"

Kommentare: I use Teachable to create lessons and quizzes to test our clients on the knowledge of financial services

Vorteile: What I like the most about this product is the ease of adding new chapters, creating quizzes and editing content.

Nachteile: What I like the least is that I have two accounts with Teachable and when I log in, it always tries to connect my other login in with the wrong account

• Bewertet am 23.2.2020
Rune E.
Marketer
  • Bewertet am 12.5.2020

"Teachable, a platform for selling your courses"

Kommentare: I have used Teachable for years. It is one really simple solution for putting products out there, online, without much time wasted, or headaches. I can totally vouch for it and it is used by many serious players because it works so good.

Vorteile: I love teachable. It makes it wasy for any user to add a product and sell it online. Compared to a lot of other self hosted solutions, Teachable makes it easy to start with selling right out of the bat. Just add your content, and adjust a few tweaks, add price. And voila, information product for sale, without you needed to know any coding or any website creation knowledge.

Nachteile: I don't have much to say in the negative about this platform.
It plain and simple works, and has good fees.
Only think I can think of is better design control. If they add that and also some conversion boosters that might be a thing to note, which I thought was missing.

• Bewertet am 12.5.2020
Latasha P.
Blogger
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2020

"Teachable is great for content creators!"

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been great! Their customer service team is super helpful when you need them and the platform is very familiar to a lot of other bloggers and online business owners.

Vorteile: If you are looking to create courses or to grow your online business Teachable is the place to be. I have been using this platform to host my courses and it has been super great. I love how you can create sales pages for each of your courses to help boost sales.

Nachteile: The only con about Teachable is that they recently changed how their creators can design their sales pages for their courses. This can be a learning curve if you don't know much about web designing.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2020
Justin D.
Account manager
Verbraucherdienste, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.4.2020

"Great for uploading video training or docs to be completed by a variety of people at various times."

Kommentare: Organized, simple - almost too simple, team centered, and training focused.

Vorteile: I loved the ability to watch trainings on my own time, and have access to it at 4 am on a saturday in April, or at 2 pm on a wednesday in May.

Nachteile: The least favorite part was definitely that some video quality seemed to be worse, the videos at times took forever to load, and i found myself wishing that there were just links to take me to youtube or something that already had the video platform there.

• Bewertet am 21.4.2020
Steve P.
  • Bewertet am 21.4.2018

"A great online course platform that's improving all the time"

Vorteile: My favourite thing about Teachable is it 'just works' out of the box. Most of its functionality is intuitive and it doesn't try to add a million features that most people won't use. It's a software tool that knows what it is and who it's for. It makes it very easy to make a good looking site and get a course up for sale. Anyone can get started and be able to do most of what they need to be able to do to create a profitable online course business easily.

Nachteile: The drawback is in that final 5%. It's easy to make a good looking site, but not easy to make an amazing looking site. I have in the past had some issues with their affiliate system and with their support staff, but to be fair this was in late 2016 and they have made big improvements since then. I would like to see them roll out new features more consistently so that their users are on the cutting edge of online course technology rather than just slightly behind. Teachable is also best for people that don't want to integrate multiple tools. This is also a good thing as it stays focused, but I think it's worth noting here as a potential user should consider that what they get with Teachable is what they get. Don't start using it expecting to link it with a forum later if you don't love how their commenting system works (for example).

• Bewertet am 21.4.2018
Peter C.
Proprietor
  • Bewertet am 30.5.2019

"I love Teachable"

Kommentare: I teach small-business owners sales and marketing skills via online courses. When I first crossed over from a Wordpress platform with 80 lectures, each containing video, text, PDFs, and soundtracks - the entire crossover process was completed in a day. Easy work - just lots of it. That was three years ago. Since then I've seen more than 100 students set up their own schools. They all rave about the platform.

Vorteile: Incredibly easy to use. Very fast to deploy a complete course with almost zero technical skill. fast and comprehensive support. Their free pricing offers a zero cost startup. It's so good that I introduce Teachable to every student I teach.

Nachteile: I love their concern about security. Just sometimes, and this is not a complaint, I offend by logging in from a different machine. That invokes two-factor authorization. It's not a problem at all, of course, but it's the feature I like least. Call me lazy.

• Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Senior Engineer
Musik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.12.2018

"Some Important Features Missing but Great Customer Service"

Kommentare: Teachable has solved the problem I was having using self-hosted WordPress with WooCommerce's suite of very expensive plugins that are continually updated with breaking changes that they often had to be resolved by tinkering with PHP code. Having my school hosted in the cloud takes care of all of the software and security headaches. I do feel bad leaving a lukewarm review for the product, as the customer service is extraordinarily nice and has bent over backwards to help me overcome some of the limitations. Also worth noting that perhaps my situation is unique, in that I am mostly using Teachable as sort of online school with content from other authors, as opposed to just being a place for me to sell my own courses without involving anyone else. Right now, there doesn't seem to be a platform that's super-focused on creating your own online school with multiple teachers (or is there?), so Teachable is getting the job done, but I regret not having done a bit more research on the front end, as some other solutions might have offered me more of what I was looking for.

Vorteile: * Customer Service
* Ease of use
* Pretty nice admin interface
* Although there is not much you can do to theme your school without getting into code, what they have out of the box is pretty tasteful in terms of typography and layout

Nachteile: * No built-in contact form capabilities, and I don't know that you could code your own (if you're tech savvy enough), so that leaves you with a cheesy free embed form that will have someone else's branding on it, or paying at least $10 a month for a white-labeled contact form. I mean, what sort of paid online school doesn't have a "Contact Us" page with a form (as opposed to just an email address)?
* Hefty fees if you want to have payments automatically sent out to other authors automatically (wish I knew this before I signed up!).
* No ability to sell gift certificates without going through a very manual convoluted process

• Bewertet am 31.12.2018
Linda B.
Executive Director/Food Safety Consultant
  • Bewertet am 28.2.2018

"Fantastic platform for online schools. "

Kommentare: I was able to create my own online school, website, landing pages and payment portal with ease. I highly recommend Teachable .

Vorteile: Easy to set up, very reasonably priced and great tutorials and advice for marketing your courses. If you have online curriculum you'd like to share with the world, this is a very seamless process.

Nachteile: Unable to add HTML features within the curriculum itself. They do not do any marketing (like Udemy), whereas they would market globally and the school owner would get a smaller percentage of the sales. I think this is good for reaching a larger audience.

• Bewertet am 28.2.2018
  • Bewertet am 5.6.2018

"I host video training courses on Teachable and love their platform."

Kommentare: Teachable allows me to quickly and easily organize my video course content in a logical manner. This makes course deployment simple and my courses still retain a professional look/feel.

Vorteile: Teachable is very user friendly and they offer an intuitive user interface. They have features like drag and drop or duplicate that make creating training courses a breeze. I've used other course creation software and I find that Teachable is easier to understand. They also have a lot of documentation and offer support. Also, check out their facebook group...there's lots of valuable info exchanged there about course creation.

Nachteile: I'm on the basic plan and I think it's a little pricey, but I get it; they're in business to make money. I wish they had a plan between the free plan and the basic plan with less features than the basic as this would probably be a better fit for me.

• Bewertet am 5.6.2018
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Quickest way to go online with your courses"

Kommentare: Overall experience with Teachable has been great. The UI and UX is soothing from both the views , as a teacher and as a student. Things are seamless and it takes no time to launch a course if you have your material ready.

Vorteile: - Great UI and UX.
- Unlike WordPress, you don't have to plug-in several puzzles together to get the system working. Works fine out of the box.
- For those looking for more, they have provided ways to integrate with 3rd party applications.
- Teachable does all the heavy lifting by itself allowing you to focus on creating your course.

Nachteile: Pricing. They may want to look into an alternative pricing structure for teachers interested in few courses with limited no of students. As of now, someone with 100 courses and 10,000 students will pay the same fees as with some one with 5 courses and 500 students.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Baidhurya M.
Online Course Consultant
  • Bewertet am 6.3.2019

"The most beginner friendly online course platform"

Vorteile: Teachable offers all the essential features one needs to create and deliver an online course. The platform is super easy to use and it allows you to get started quickly. The pricing is beginner friendly and they even have a free plan.

Nachteile: Teachable's website building capabilities are really limited at this point. So, unlike their competitors, they don't offer site themes and the page builder has limited customization options as well.

• Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Sarah C.
The Ideas Girl
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"Fantastic Learning Platform for Online Courses"

Kommentare: The Teachable Tribe (Facebook Community) are inspiring as they share their success stories and they're super supportive with any queries you might have and the free training Teachable offers through emails and webinars is second to none. Overall Teachable is a great platform - it looks professional and is easy to use, so you can get started straight away!

Vorteile: I love that with Teachable you are guided through how to build your school in the dashboard intuitively. You can upload course materials with ease and remain confident that your students will find it easy to navigate through your programme and that the finished result will look really professional. The landing pages to promote each course are easy to complete and customise and they load well.

Nachteile: There really isn't anything I dislike about Teachable, it's perfect for online courses and programmes.

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Brian K.
Online marketer
  • Bewertet am 1.7.2018

"Teachable got a steady & reliable platform where I can share my knowledge and expertise with others."

Kommentare: Self hosting from Teachable. You don't need to have your own sites, which saved a lot of time in putting up a course online to start marketing and selling.

Vorteile: Modern and simple interface to work with. Everything is self-explanatory. But there are also plenty of help links and tips in the interfaces to guide you as well. You can also email support for help. You can create an online course hosted on Teachable servers once you have all your content readily created and uploaded. By content, I mean docs, guides, links to videos or actual videos to be uploaded themselves and images. Everything is intuitive for me to explore and experiment. Teachable has got a standard templating system which I found to be simple and easy for me to set up a course at my own time own target.

Nachteile: The only con is the pricing! It's going to be expensive to sustain for a year which you can get all the premium features plus all the bundle up training courses that Teachable offers. To maximise your value for money, you may sign up for a paid account during their promotional period, which are usually from the free webinars.

• Bewertet am 1.7.2018
Brian møller J.
CEO & Mind trainer
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.12.2018

"Teachable - Organizes knowledge and wisdom by the people for the people"

Kommentare: I am still using Teachable and like their plans for upgrading to professional use. However i am not impressed with the feautures nor the quality of work. Though it fit my needs as a first time online course creator.

Vorteile: Easy to use. A simple framework to set up a complete curriculum. Fine sales pages and features to give students access by drip function. So they have to work their way through before accessing the whole course. One can also make a great Curriculum framework and reuse for the next and the next. By the function og duplicating a whole course.

Nachteile: The inflexibility to make the page look and design in a way that fit the needs for ones own creativity is limited. Also the integrations with other software, landingpages, Eventbrite, Facebook is quite lowkey and can need an upgrade soon.
There is very few options for making the page look great in the GUI. But one can use own html to code if so desired.

• Bewertet am 26.12.2018
David H.
Boss
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2018

"a solid platform for online courses"

Kommentare: Overall, a really great solution for hosting your training materials.

Vorteile: Have a couple of trainings hosted on Teachable and have found it to be great software. Easy to set up and pretty flexible. I like that it's hosted, meaning I don't have the pressure of worrying with the security and uptime of using my own host.

Nachteile: Wish the first level had more features, like being able to integrate with Zapier in the way that I need it to, which is automatically adding people who buy via my shopping cart.

• Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Foundation & Agency Relations Coordinator
13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.7.2018

"Highly customizable software platform for diverse courses, learning groups, and users."

Vorteile: No two courses need look the same in Teachable -- this software provides excellent and robust options for designing course layout, modules, accessibility, focus areas, and more, while remaining quick to learn and use, which is a plus for busy instructors.

Nachteile: Not as many students arrive to the class with prior experience using a Teachable-hosted course. The software learning curve is quick and easy, but a bit of learning time is helpful to include.

• Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Dariana carolina C.
Profesora de inglés
  • Bewertet am 29.6.2018

"I really love this sofware because I have everything I need to teach my courses!"

Vorteile: I am a language teacher so I need a platform to teach without any worry, Teachable gave me the chance to do it. The first time I used this software was amazing and I fall instantly in love with it because I can have everything organized when I teach my courses. A good thing about this is that you can create all the online courses you want to, even can create some free courses. This allows you to share all the content you need for your classes, you can use GoogleDrive or any other cloud storage site. Also you can create quizzes and evaluations for your classes, forums and give certificates to the participants. The feature that I liked the most is that you have your own domain with the name you select. This is perfect to me!

Nachteile: The thing that I didn't like is the payment. At the beginning I thought it was a little expensive, but then I realized that it totally worth it so is not an issue anymore.

• Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Nataliia S.
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2018

"Easy to use, well organized platform for learning"

Vorteile: What I like most about Teachable is that this platform is well organized and its structure courses so simple that couldn't be down in any other way better. I like that it counts my learning progress in the upper left corner. And I like that Teacher lessons show what data it contains like video, a document to download, pictures etc. Nice feature when I'm going through the course the lessons that I went through I marked completed and that's why I know exactly where I left my learning process. Also, one of the greatest differences of the platform is that interface which allows you to focus on the main thing - learning the course and there is nothing that will bother you or took your intention away from it. Just press the fullscreen button and start learning. No interfering elements are involved.

Nachteile: Cons... I cannot think of any of it right now, because I don't see them. I don't use Teachable platform for distributing my own content just as a learner when I enrolled in somebody else course, but I know for a fact that Teachable despite its simplicity and well-organized structure also provides its own web host, payment processor and if you will put your free course on teachable it will not take any fees from you for peoples enrollments.

• Bewertet am 31.10.2018
Eduardo G.
Co-Propietario
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.5.2019

"Great por trainings!"

Kommentare: If you’re a teacher or if you want to share your knowledge you’ll love Teachable. The main objective of the platform is to create content to share and sell that knowledge.

Vorteile: You can start making money by generating slides, videos or material. Has PayPal integrations so you can connect directly to your PayPal account. As a teacher or content creator for education you can categorize content, view learners progress and even detect each one's grades. Has a lot of management tools for large groups of people.
You can create a landing page for every course and let the students apply for your courses.

Nachteile: If you're looking for an internal LMS Teachable is not the solution. But that will be a great opportunity for Teachable to configure and make some updates for a Company LMS product. For sure another business model.

• Bewertet am 1.5.2019