Über Teachable

Erstelle deine eigene Kurswebsite und steuere dein Branding, deine Schülerdaten, deine Nachrichtenübermittlung und deine Preise von einem Ort aus.

Erfahre mehr über Teachable

I've mostly used Teachable as the student, not the teacher. It seems to integrate with websites nicely and is easy to enroll in the courses.

Payout options may a problem for subscribers from outside the USA.

Bewertungen zu Teachable

3,9
3,8

Teachable hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 169 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Teachable bereits verwendet?

Stephanie

Marilyn "M.E."
CEO in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Teachable Moments

Kommentare: Overall Teachable solved a revenue issue for us! We needed a place for people to go and purchase out products and downloadable services without having to start from scratch - which is quite costly - and Teachable allowed us to do that. It help us generate necessary revenue with ease.

Teachable is very user friendly. I am not a very technically inclined person and this program gave me the ease I needed to set our digital classroom. AT the time we began using the company could not afford more than $100 a month and Teachable was very affordable for out small nonprofit.

I would say that my least favorite aspect of Teachable is or was the design templates, although they recently upgraded this feature and you can do a few more fancy things to your store and landing page.

Aimee Rebekah
Aimee Rebekah
Director in USA
Alternative Medizin, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Loved it at first! BUT, so many limits to functionality I switched to new platform within 3 months

Kommentare: When I first started with teachable I had an amazing experience. I loved the on boarding process that they put you through. Once I started building my courses at first it was positive because it's very simple to start. However, once I got a little deeper into my process I realized that there are many limitations to this platform that required me to do workarounds. For example:1. They have the ability to create a quiz but that quiz can only be multiple choice and the multiple choice can only have one correct answer. Therefore, the assessments are very limited you can't have students reflect with writing in their own words or you can't have any other type of question other than multiple choice. I had already created quizzes in another tool that I was using because I was already teaching courses before I started Teachable so I just linked those quizzes to Teachable.2. Teachable also doesn't integrate with SCORM which is a type of interactive course building file which is really state of the art. I use a tool called Articulate 360 and it allows you to create interactive courses/lessons and most LMS platforms integrate with SCORM and tools like Articulate 360, but Teachable does not.3. You cannot see the results of assessments unless you are on the highest tier, which is $120+4. You cannot have discussions with students unless you are on the highest tier.

Teachable really sold me with their marketing about how easy the platform was to use and with their webinars that really walk you through the course creation process. I really appreciated the education that they give you at the beginning of the on boarding process and that was really valuable even if the tools themselves ended up being very limited for my needs.

Between the time that I signed up and I decided to leave this platform the price more than doubled for hosting the courses that I was hosting. In addition to this, when you compare Teachable to the other platforms that are available out there; specifically, learnworlds, which is a platform I decided to go with, there's so many limits to their functionality that it's really difficult to run a course that is training students and in a process that needs to be evaluated. I think if I was just teaching for fun this might be a good platform for me but my students are moving through a process that needs to result in demonstrated mastery and the ability for me to present the information to them in an interactive way and the ability for them to complete evaluations and assessments with in the actual platform is really limited.

Nicole
Owner in Niederlande

Roadmap Development Slow!

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My experience was Teachable was good, but the price I found a stickler knowing that their roadmap for improvements was slow. This ultimately drove me to try out the competitor. I still have the free tier, in the event I want to go back one day. Which I may, it depends on pricing and roadmap.

I bought it at the beginning of the pandemic in spring of 2020. At the time it was best in class.

The aesthetics, after so many years, for there to be no improvement here, I find unforgivable.

Natalie
Product Design, Director in UK
Design, Selbstständig

Teachable vs Competitors

Kommentare: I really enjoyed it, although setting up pages was a bit frustrating. I left because I needed a platform were I could grow with an affordable PRO plan. Nowadays, I could recommend many platforms that offer more consistent plans, from Patreon to Learnworld, Freshlearn etc.

Seemed easy to set up and discount. Many competitors were more expensive. in 2020 there weren't many similar platforms.

Raising cost and removal of features from plans. Customer support became rare. AfterI downgraded from Pro to Basic, I lost access to the "Founders" community which was the best part of Teachable, as you feel very supported by other founders.

Nick
Nick
Founder in USA
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Simple and Reliable Online Course Hosting Option

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been positive. I've created 4 courses on the platform so far.

Teachable makes it easy to put your online course(s) up for sale without having to worry about separate video hosting or payment processing. You also don't have to worry about managing customer logins to your own website for security since all that happens on Teachable's system. It's easy to upload content and create your curriculum, and it's nice that you can start with a pre-made template for sales pages and checkout pages, rather than having to create all that from scratch.

If you're not making many sales, it can be hard to justify the ongoing monthly expense. The login system is surprisingly frustrating and confusing, especially if students have enrolled in previous courses or if you yourself have enrolled in other Teachable-hosted courses. At one point I had 10+ logins, but I've slowly been able to consolidate those under one master account.

Cushi
Cushi
owner in Bermuda
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

A good solution for e-courses, but not the easiest to learn

Kommentare: It definitely does the trick. I set my online course up and created my sales page reasonably quickly considering I'd never used the software, or any e-course software before.

I love the aesthetics and the User Interface. It's all very clean and feels comfortable. I like the simplicity of the sales page builder as well, although I'd like it more if it were more custmizeable with options like more fonts, and different layouts.

The flow between webpages is super awkward and it was sometimes hard to find the page I was looking for. Every time I go to do anything, it opens a new tab. The over all user experience just felt unnatural to me.

Filip
Filip
ceo in Italien

A complete LMS platform

Kommentare: We like teachable for easy and fast delivery courses

A complete LMS platform, a lot of features and custom designs you can use, you can actually build the whole website using teachable with the e-learning part integrated into it

The price, it's really high, of course, you can use it for free but the commissions are high

Steve
Steve
Founder in Australien

A great online course platform that's improving all the time

My favourite thing about Teachable is it 'just works' out of the box. Most of its functionality is intuitive and it doesn't try to add a million features that most people won't use. It's a software tool that knows what it is and who it's for. It makes it very easy to make a good looking site and get a course up for sale. Anyone can get started and be able to do most of what they need to be able to do to create a profitable online course business easily.

The drawback is in that final 5%. It's easy to make a good looking site, but not easy to make an amazing looking site. I have in the past had some issues with their affiliate system and with their support staff, but to be fair this was in late 2016 and they have made big improvements since then. I would like to see them roll out new features more consistently so that their users are on the cutting edge of online course technology rather than just slightly behind. Teachable is also best for people that don't want to integrate multiple tools. This is also a good thing as it stays focused, but I think it's worth noting here as a potential user should consider that what they get with Teachable is what they get. Don't start using it expecting to link it with a forum later if you don't love how their commenting system works (for example).

Brian Møller
Brian Møller
CEO & Mind trainer in Dänemark
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Teachable - Organizes knowledge and wisdom by the people for the people

Kommentare: I am still using Teachable and like their plans for upgrading to professional use. However i am not impressed with the feautures nor the quality of work. Though it fit my needs as a first time online course creator.

Easy to use. A simple framework to set up a complete curriculum. Fine sales pages and features to give students access by drip function. So they have to work their way through before accessing the whole course. One can also make a great Curriculum framework and reuse for the next and the next. By the function og duplicating a whole course.

The inflexibility to make the page look and design in a way that fit the needs for ones own creativity is limited. Also the integrations with other software, landingpages, Eventbrite, Facebook is quite lowkey and can need an upgrade soon. There is very few options for making the page look great in the GUI. But one can use own html to code if so desired.

Deidre
Sr. Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Great for the Price

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It was excellent until it got too expensive. I didn't want to switch.

The user interface and ability to track students on ever level.

How much the charge for enrolled students, per month - even if the students aren't actively taking a course.

Yevstakhii
Teacher in Ukraine
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My expirience of use Teachable

Kommentare: I have positive experiences with Teachable. I appreciate the ability to easily create and customize courses, add multimedia elements like videos and quizzes, and brand their course websites.I also like Teachable's marketing and sales features, which make it easier to promote and sell courses directly through the platform. The ability to offer discounts and promotions, create custom landing pages, and track conversions and sales data can be particularly useful for course creators who are looking to increase their reach and revenue.However, as I mentioned earlier, some users have also reported issues with Teachable's pricing, payment processing, and design customization options. It's important to carefully evaluate these potential drawbacks and limitations before deciding whether Teachable is the right platform for your specific needs and goals.

Teachable has user-friendly interface and intuitive course creation process. This allows me to easily organize and structure my content, add multimedia elements like videos and quizzes, and customize my course's branding and design. This ease-of-use can be particularly beneficial for individuals who may not have technical expertise or experience with online course creation.Another aspect that I appreciate is Teachable's marketing and sales features. With tools like coupon codes, affiliate programs, and upselling options, I can promote and sell my courses directly through the Teachable platform. Additionally, the platform integrates with email marketing services like Mailchimp, making it easier for course creators to communicate with their students and potential customers.

Teachable is expensive for me, and it will be especially expensive for users with large student bases or multiple courses. While Teachable offers a free plan with limited features, users need to upgrade to a paid plan to access more advanced features such as graded quizzes, custom domain names, and more detailed analytics.Another issue that I have is that Teachable's built-in website builder can be somewhat limited in terms of design customization. While I can add my branding and customize some elements of my course website, I unable to make more extensive design changes without the assistance of a developer.

Jacqueline
CEO in USA
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Worst customer service I have ever encountered

Easy to use, easy to upload product and host course

There is no way to reach someone by phone. The only way is email. After submitting an email, a week will go by and no one will answer. You will submit another email requesting an answer and they will reply with an emailing asking for information they had already requested in order to submit the initial help email, or what they refer to as a “support ticket”. You reply with those details a second time, and a week goes by and there is still no answer. You email them again begging for an answer and still no answer a week later. It has been a month, no answer and no way to contact anyone. Most their “help” button lead you to a broken link. Their online chat support is never turned on When trying the ethics link, to report this bad customer service, they put the entire page in another language so you do not know how to report anything. The only way to contact someone is if you want to sign up with teachable and pay an outrageous amount a month to have them host your course, keep a large amount of your sales, and keep a portion of each sale for 60 days. This is possibly the worst company you could ever sign up with to host your course. Never choose them!!!!

Hemal
CEO in Malaysia
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall, my experience has been great.

Overall, my experience has been great. I started using with Free plan, it's is super easy to use for non techy. This is the best for course creators who have >=5 course. Resources are really helpful.

Sometime getting system errors (slow), expensive but anyone can start with Free or Basic plan.

Peter
Proprietor in Norwegen

I love Teachable

Kommentare: I teach small-business owners sales and marketing skills via online courses. When I first crossed over from a Wordpress platform with 80 lectures, each containing video, text, PDFs, and soundtracks - the entire crossover process was completed in a day. Easy work - just lots of it. That was three years ago. Since then I've seen more than 100 students set up their own schools. They all rave about the platform.

Incredibly easy to use. Very fast to deploy a complete course with almost zero technical skill. fast and comprehensive support. Their free pricing offers a zero cost startup. It's so good that I introduce Teachable to every student I teach.

I love their concern about security. Just sometimes, and this is not a complaint, I offend by logging in from a different machine. That invokes two-factor authorization. It's not a problem at all, of course, but it's the feature I like least. Call me lazy.

Andrea
Executive Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Basic Course Platform

Kommentare: The customer service team was helpful but limited by account types and functionality available.

Our team started using this tool as our primary learning management platform during Covid. We work across multiple school sites, the csv learner upload worked well for us in making the quick transition to fully remote. The platform is relatively straightforward to build within but leaves much to be desired for customization and accessibility.

The lack of customization and the limits within the account types constrained our team and ultimately led us and several of our partners to switch to Articulate 360 and Searchie.

Stella
Founder in USA
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great user experience, API access expensive

Great user experience. Creating courses is incredibly easy and the interface is beautiful and pleasant to use.

API access requires a much higher tier in subscription which is inaccessible for smaller businesses

Sarah
Sarah
The Ideas Girl in UK

Fantastic Learning Platform for Online Courses

Kommentare: The Teachable Tribe (Facebook Community) are inspiring as they share their success stories and they're super supportive with any queries you might have and the free training Teachable offers through emails and webinars is second to none. Overall Teachable is a great platform - it looks professional and is easy to use, so you can get started straight away!

I love that with Teachable you are guided through how to build your school in the dashboard intuitively. You can upload course materials with ease and remain confident that your students will find it easy to navigate through your programme and that the finished result will look really professional. The landing pages to promote each course are easy to complete and customise and they load well.

There really isn't anything I dislike about Teachable, it's perfect for online courses and programmes.

Brittany
Brittany
Web Coordinator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Web = Great, Mobile = Pain

Kommentare: Online learning has been cumbersome in the past to say the least. This not only simplifies and streamlines it, but it makes it a bit addicting as well. Overall positive review with recommendations. Just stay away from the app. It's flawed.

Interface is easy to navigate, options for action are straightforward, and payment system makes sense. All adds up to a great experience, at least on a web browser.

The mobile app is non-functional. Try to do the same things you do on a browser using the same interface and you'll probably uninstall the app like I did. It just doesn't work.

Bryanna
Yoga Teacher in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Past User

Kommentare: I liked using teachable but i found a different software that i prefer and made the switch

I liked that you used to be able to create a course for free and pay after 10 students and i like that your course is searchable on their platform

I dont love the pricetag or how it doesnt integrate into a website

Boss in USA

a solid platform for online courses

Kommentare: Overall, a really great solution for hosting your training materials.

Have a couple of trainings hosted on Teachable and have found it to be great software. Easy to set up and pretty flexible. I like that it's hosted, meaning I don't have the pressure of worrying with the security and uptime of using my own host.

Wish the first level had more features, like being able to integrate with Zapier in the way that I need it to, which is automatically adding people who buy via my shopping cart.

Dariana Carolina
Profesora de inglés in Venezuela

I really love this sofware because I have everything I need to teach my courses!

I am a language teacher so I need a platform to teach without any worry, Teachable gave me the chance to do it. The first time I used this software was amazing and I fall instantly in love with it because I can have everything organized when I teach my courses. A good thing about this is that you can create all the online courses you want to, even can create some free courses. This allows you to share all the content you need for your classes, you can use GoogleDrive or any other cloud storage site. Also you can create quizzes and evaluations for your classes, forums and give certificates to the participants. The feature that I liked the most is that you have your own domain with the name you select. This is perfect to me!

The thing that I didn't like is the payment. At the beginning I thought it was a little expensive, but then I realized that it totally worth it so is not an issue anymore.

Eduardo
Eduardo
Co-Propietario in Mexiko
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great por trainings!

Kommentare: If you’re a teacher or if you want to share your knowledge you’ll love Teachable. The main objective of the platform is to create content to share and sell that knowledge.

You can start making money by generating slides, videos or material. Has PayPal integrations so you can connect directly to your PayPal account. As a teacher or content creator for education you can categorize content, view learners progress and even detect each one's grades. Has a lot of management tools for large groups of people. You can create a landing page for every course and let the students apply for your courses.

If you're looking for an internal LMS Teachable is not the solution. But that will be a great opportunity for Teachable to configure and make some updates for a Company LMS product. For sure another business model.

Tim
Tim
Software Engineer in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Teachable is a forward-thinking Learning Management System with a great team behind it.

Kommentare: This software helps me have a modern and useful course for my users. It takes out the management of affiliates, authentication, and other essential components that would be a pain to build.

Teachable has so much functionality I expect from my Learning Management System. And the support/team behind it empowers me to provide beautiful courses to my users. Its coupon functionality, homepage design, and course builder are intuitive and powerful. Just recently they have made it possible to give students a certificate for completing the course, which has long been a request of our users.

I wish there was more API functionality through Teachable. There are useful webhooks, but manipulating data within the platform is limited.

Biggi
Biggi
President in USA

The most complete online LMS

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with the product has been great. But, Teachable, the company, really goes above and beyond to support course creators and help them earn from their knowledge. I definitely recommend them.

Having been around for many years, Teachable has all the features I am looking for in an LMS. For me, it also has the best student experience of all the hosted or self-hosted LMS platforms. Unlike other software in the category, Teachable has full email capabilities built in, saving me time and money. Their help documentation is also very comprehensive and well written, making the need for customer support a rarity.

The software is great, but I don't like the pricing. The free plan had its features cut so much that it really can only be used as a trial version to evaluate the software.

Hanah
Freelance Writer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Create Courses Quickly

Kommentare: Overall, I love creating content with this site. If you have questions, they can help you and help you figure it out. The emails they send with helpful tips and information is great. This site is wonderful for anyone who wants to teach other people information that is valuable.

I like this software and how I can create courses and content for other people. The site has loads of information and they will also email you simple articles to help you with creating content. I like the helpful tips and how useful they are. I also like how I can put my information on slides, so I can create my courses. I have loads of ideas, so I want to make courses for people to understand. This site has tools that I can add to my content course slides which allows me to be creative for each one.

It can overwhelm someone at first especially if you just started. The site has loads of areas and boxes. I wish they would minimize just some of the work areas for people who just started with the site. The dashboard main area to do my work on just seems a bit overwhelming. It would be nice if the area didn't have so much on it and the person could click to decrease some of the options on the dashboard fast.