Über Folder Lock

Mit Folder Lock kannst du Dateien, Ordner und Laufwerke mit einem Kennwort schützen, deine wichtigen Dateien im Handumdrehen verschlüsseln und sie in Echtzeit sichern.

Erfahre mehr über Folder Lock

What I love about this program is the degree of security it gives to personal items.

Only negative is that we have to disable all encryption before using windows system restore. No support for fingerprint unlock is a nitpicked con.

Bewertungen zu Folder Lock

Folder Lock hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 585 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Folder Lock bereits verwendet?

Ravinder
Ravinder
Consultant in Indien
Rechtsberatung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock - An ultimate tool to securely keep your private data and files

Kommentare: Being a legal industry, client data security is utmost along-with proper shredding of the data. So, Folder Lock serves our purpose.

Folder Lock is one of the very intuitive and easy to use solution to lock and protect your files. It allows you to encrypt your files on the go with military-grade encryption technology. Users can create storage lockers that are dynamic in size and grows as per the user’s data storage needs. The secure backup feature of the Folder lock allows you to back up your files or data on the cloud server automatically. Any modification in the files is automatically synced in real-time. Password wallets feature allows you to securely save your credit/debit card and banking information using strong encryption technology. Other important features include Clear History and Shred files. Clear History allows you to clear your digital footprints on the web-browser, media players and Window history. Shred files feature allows you to completely delete your data on hard drives, USB devices which can’t be recovered.

Looks like there is Folder Lock app for Window and Android but not for iOS desktop. Security can be improved as there is no app which is 100% secure. I could not find any bad in the product.

Allan
Research Officer in Ghana
internationale Angelegenheiten, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Too notch security

Kommentare: Folder Lock is a really great software to have. The stealth features allow me to not only enjoy the protections being offered, but to do so quietly as well.... so that someone close does not know that there’s something specifically being hidden. Also, I have enjoyed the additional backup service it provides. This reduces the possibility of permanent file loss almost entirely.

One of the most useful things about Folder Lock is that it gives more options beyond just locking container folders. Individual files and external drives can also be equally protected with Folder Lock. With file encryption in addition to password protection, there is very little more I could have expected.

It’s a bit pricy when compared to other alternatives that provide similar services.

Eric
retired Anglican priest - Canon Eric MacDonald in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

From High to Low

Kommentare: I use Folder Lock for personal file security, and so far it seems to perform well. Again, I say this with the qualifications noted regarding Folder Lock and Windows 10 and NTFS.

I used to think that Folder Lock was the ultimate solution to file security, until receiving this message: 'Since Windows 10 does not support opening NTFS Lockers correctly, we recommend that you open these Lockers in Windows 7, or in other older versions and move out your data and keep them in Backup-able (FAT32) Lockers.' [my own grammatical corrections] However, I have never had trouble opening Lockers in NTFS, never having created a Locker in any other file system (to my knowledge). Not only that, but an NTFS Locker can be backed up simply by copying the fklb folder. So, I don't know whether Folder Lock is reliable for my purposes or not. So far, no problem, but the message about Windows 10 and NTFS is not encouraging.

The uncertainty raised by the message about Windows 10 and NTFS. If it is true that Windows 10 and/or NTFS do not correctly open Lockers, then Folder Lock is virtually useless, given the limitations on file size in FAT32. Since Windows 7 will soon be unsupported by Microsoft, what older usable versions did Folder Lock have in mind?

Ruwan
Ruwan
Student in Sri Lanka
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

protect your data with Folder Lock

Kommentare: I am using this software for my mobile and pc since 2017 and it is a very user friendly software. I had no issues with this upto now. So I highly recommend this software.

User friendly interface, data can be protected using a password and can be categorized as per the need. Ability to lock the portable storage devices can be recognized as an outstanding feature. so no need to worry about the security when data is transferred by portable devices. Another useful feature is users can backup the data. Therefore, folder lock can be used to secure your files since it has various outstanding features compared to other platforms

I have not faced to any difficulty or issue with this software upto now and it is capable of providing the service what we need exactly.

Nazlin
Nazlin
Head of ERP in Sri Lanka
Einzelhandel, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock Reveiw

Kommentare: I recommend Folder Lock for who cares about the security of files and want to keep safe. It's easiest securing method is user friendly and trouble less.

I was using password protection for each of my MS Excel and MS Word files which were very important and should be secured. But after starting using Folder Lock, I never mind applying the password for each and every file. I used to visit customer premises very regularly, now with folder lock, I am not to worry for my lost drive since no one can open my files. Encrypt the files, Secure Backup, Protect USB and password Wallet are handy extra features in Folder Lock Software.

I could not face any cons in Folder Lock and I hope to have for IOS devices too.

Nisar
Nisar
Invoice Support Executive in Indien
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best to hide data

Kommentare: Must go for it as it is totally free and secure your data from others and no one can access it when the folder is locked

I use folder lock to hide my personal data from others. With folder lock we can just lock the folder and it will get hide and can only be open by providing your folder lock password. We can later unlock the folder and it again visible to everyone. Folder lock always ask for Master password when we open the folder lock app, so it provides more security to our data. It also provides us Protect USB/CD, encrypt files option

There is nothing i dislike with Folder lock

Zeghoudi
Programming assistant in Algerien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best Folder Lock ever !

Kommentare: What an amazing experience with Folder Lock It has a very high degree of security with protection against hacking and very large encryption that allowed me to maintain the privacy of my things and the security of my device. Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with it, I think it is perfect

Girinaidu
Girinaidu
software engineer in Indien
Bankwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Most security and best user friendly software in industry

Kommentare: overall best experience and good one

past one year, I have been using this folder lock software I completely enjoying this one. because we have most security features and best UI design and easily installation software. we can hide and secure all type of folder, files and drives in the system. we can encrypt the documents in simple steps. we can save over files from fraud things. security mechanism is highly increased. we have best trail version software for PC and Laptops.

frankly speaking no concern here. everything is looks like good only

Duncan
Duncan
Manuplex in Australien
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Data Safe

Kommentare: When it worked it was good, when i had a problem with the machine, I lost the use of the program.

Simple to use, hidden drives when not in use keeps files safe from prying eyes. the ability to have father-son generations of files on one disk so that you can pull a copy from a backup should you over write the wrong file. I used to store thousands of confidential formulations and R&D files on my office machine

Locked to one machine, if the computer fails, up you have to buy another copy. Difficult to remove from a disk securely after machine failure ended up taking the hard disk apart and writing the drive off to be sure. As the computer failed, I no longer have a copy that I can use.

Carlos
Carlos
CEO in Uruguay
Import und Export, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock is the best

Kommentare: Great.

Security and encryption are something that I value so so much, especially in the computers used in my company, and Folder Lock meets my expectations at 100%. The backup option is very good, it provides a lot of peace of mind. Finally, I find the price really affordable, and it is a one-time payment.

Perhaps I could point out that some things are somewhat complicated to understand at first.

Christopher
Manager in Kanada
Musik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock - Security and Invisibility

Kommentare: If you have sensitve files this program is by far the best way to keep them covert on your desktop. I wouldn't be without it anymore as you can ensure the extra layer of security by making your data invisible

There are multiple features in this software making it a swiss army knife of data security. You can keep your passwords in a seperate encripted wallet which includes payment data if you so choose. This data is accesssible to outside programs if it is decrtypted and purposefully selected. There is a shredding option which essentially cross shreds the data by writing 1 and 0 over it repeatedly to make it difficult to impossible to recover data that has been shredded. There are stealth modes which allow the user to hide any trace of the app and bring it up with a certain keycode combination on your keyboard that you select. Its handy because without knowing that magic key combo no one would guess the program is there never mind hiding information. Folder Lock not just locks a folder up but it actually makes it invisible so no on eeven knows its there. Combine that with the ability to remove any trace of the program running form systreay. You can also assing a keycode combination like Alt9 or something like that which makes it so the program can only be started with that unique keycode combo. This makes the folder ultra stealthy as there is no evicdence in the syst tray, or with icons on the desktop, programs menu etc. It makes it invisible.

There are times when you reinstall the software that it has problems identifying that its a single installation on one computer and it invalidates itself. Then you have to write in to get support. That can delay you a little but but the customer service is pretty helpful for the most part. It doesn't sync up with or hook into Folder Lock Pro for the mobile devices. There are also times where the master password gliteches out and you have to reset it. Not game changing issues but they take some time to resolve.

Self employed in Australien
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product, lousy customer backup when stuck

Kommentare: Overall I'd say 50/50 only due to the lousy customer service backup being very unhelpful. Not long after installing my version, I had Folder Lock REALLY hide some folders by making them TOTALLY DISAPPEAR!!! After several emails requesting HELP!! there was no solution forthcoming that worked. (Which was explained in detail in my responses). They did not have a grasp on the severity of my problem and the gravity that went with it. All my sensitive business and private documents and folders were not able to be seen for over two months! I kid you not!! For all the corresponding between the two parties, they really seemed to be quite blaisé and devil-may-care type of attitude. I was ropeable! They even had the audacity to ask me to 'reinstall your Windows operating system' which would have wiped the whole computer's data, including that which was 'hidden'. The only way out in the end was to take my PC to a professional computer technician, pay a couple of hundred dollars and get the thing working again. Unbelievable lack of concern shown throughout. This whole ordeal left me terribly upset and shaken to be honest. (I still have original emails if needed as proof if needed).

It is unbreakable. Always works. Trust the SOFTWARE totally.

Quite lengthy learning curve to obtain useful level of competence to use it. If you use it to hide larger size folders and drives, ie. 2gb or more, it takes a very long time to open and let you start working. Probably three to four minute's wait time. Not good when time is off the essence.

Kent
President/CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FOLDER LOCK IS SOLID AS A ROCK!

Kommentare: It’s the first encryption package that has stayed installed on my systems for more than a year, and continues to be used on a daily basis in my operation. Also, when I purchased the package it continues to work and it’s mine, no continuous scams or attempts to get me into a registration renewal fee or membership. No company or it’s ownership is perpetual, we can’t invest in using an encryption package that may someday become obsolete. With Folder Lock we are confident that a decade from now we will be able to decrypt archived files because we have control and ownership of the encryption package.

The best thing about Folder Lock is that it works consistently and does not create other operating system issues. I have had to stop using many encryption systems because their presence results in system hang ups and system lock ups.

I think the graphical interface coukd be ergonomically improved to save screen space, but this is a sideline marginal improvement to the bug free package that it is. If anything an expansion of transportability would be welcomed for ease of encrypting files for email attachments and flash drive carrying.

Hugo
PMO and Software Development Manager in Südafrika
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy File and Folder Encryption

Kommentare: Overall I have enjoyed Folder Lock. I am a keen user and I would easily recommend it to others. I must say that I find the selection of various products very confusing in terms of how the compare to each other. At this time I am of the opinion that Folder Lock is the Flagship Product among the various Desktop Applications offered by NewSoftwares.net

I like the fact that I can easily create a secure file which can then be mounted as a drive, and that I can easily back up that secure file. Once this file is created and mounted as a drive it can be opened (encrypted) and closed (encrypted) with all the files I like to protect. I like the companion file that allows me to use my encrypted File to mount it on a machine that does not have Folder Lock installed.

This software is easy to use but some selections are a bit confusing before you start a new Encrypted File Container. I am also concerned about some of my older folders as I am a long time user and Windows 10 and beyond Backward Compatibility. I am not very confident in the Lock Folder Protect Feature as I know how to beat this protection and hence it has very little utility to me, and I have very little confidence in this level of protection. Useful for files not that sensitive but not very secure.

Brad
owner in USA
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

secure folders

Kommentare: As one who used to file insurance claims for doctors, I needed secure folder availability to comply with federal law. FolderLock gives me that.

I have been using this software for years. And when I changed computers and had to reload Folderlock onto the new computer, support came quickly to the rescue. Another feature I like is that FolderLock automatically locks a folder if the machine happens to be shutdown while my folders are open. This might happen during an automatic update and reboot.

In a previous version I wound up one day with files added to my folders, files that had very strange, computer-language characters, and they weren't executable or "deletable". When I reloaded on another machine, they disappeared. No adverse impact; just puzzling.

Joel
CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Want security? They've got a lock on it!

Kommentare: I'm somewhat anal about protecting my business files. Folder Lock gives me that extra level of security. I protect my network with physical and software firewalls, on the off chance that someone is able to penetrate my defense, Folder Lock provides an extra level of security by encrypting and then locking down selected directories.

Setup is easy and intuitive. Windows File Explorer is running in the background so locating files and folders to secure is easy to do. Most tasks are performed with a single click making the product easy to use. Folder Lock is bullet proof security for your data.

This isn't exactly a "con," but for me personally using multiple hard drives, it can be easy to forget what folders I've locked until I try to save to a particular folder.

Felipe
Architect in Kolumbien
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to encryption

Kommentare: Good experience with the software and client service

It's an easy way to encrypt files, folders and whole hard disks. Works smoothly and it's portable too so you can encrypt USB or folders inside USB devices. Secure file shredding and other useful options

When you open an encrypted folder and use files in it, when finishing and trying to close the encrypted folder again it wont work becase some file are still open or working, which it's not the case so it wont let you close it. This may happens because some programs used to open the files keep the link to the file in the back memory. It's an issue definitely.

Bankwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Secure your data and I nformations

Kommentare: As I am using this for a long period of time this is very helpful for me to keep my data and information protected from the unnecessary entrance from the others.

Wow, just amazing this I can separately lock or protect the data and information. Also, the access for the protected data is very efficient.

When new software or application is download it always asks to lock that it is unnecessary and when we lock at that time it does not gives access after downloading it. Also on the phone, if we select some file and share it with folder lock it does not lock the file and we have to go to the folder lock app and come through it for locking.

Darshan
Managing director in Indien
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bugs

Kommentare: There are a lot of bugs errors, the update does not happen online we have to visit there website to update the software , the registration process is very buggy .. suddenly without any information the registration done becomes unregistered ,
The key to unlock needs to revised , with windows updates the folder lock sometime wont work effectially , also the unlocking of the folder is not a completed design open without unlocking by a double click, we understand its locked but open directly .. improvment on user design and interface has to improve , and even the support is kot very good

The concept to hide the folders , the security to keep personal data

Registration process is not good, update is missing

IT Coordinator in Belgien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Reliable tool for keeping your files secured

Kommentare: I have to secure quite some files because of confidentiality clauses and Folder Lock is doing just that for me in a very easy and reliable manner.

Very easy to use, user friendly During the years called a couple of times to support desk, they helped very quickly Been relying on it during many years, never had a real issue

Just one thing that sometimes causes a problem within Encrypted folders: sometimes the virtual drive can not be closed for some reason. The message states "files in use" but I am 100% sure not one file is in use at that time. No real issue, resolves itself after some time.

Buddika
Owner in Kuwait
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Most Needed Advanced Security System

Kommentare: Still The Best I Have Ever Used. And Made My Works Easy And Secure More Than Ever. Really Love It

I Have Been Using This Product For More Than 04 Years And Still It Is The Best And Advance Files Lock System I Have Ever Used. They Provide Variety Of Features Like Encryption, One Click Protection, Backup etc. Also We Can Use Folder Lock to Secure Our USB Files With Their Advanced Lock System

The Price may Be Little High Compairing To Other Similar Products But Once Try It We Will Never Regret For What We Have Paid

Nishith
CEO in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock user for past 6 years

Kommentare: I use Folder lock to store documents and certificates.

Software is easy to use and has military grade encryption. What I like best is the customer service that I will give 11 stars if possible - they have helped me transition folder lock over 3 computers over last 6 years without any issues.

The last transition to Windows 10 has been giving some warning about some Fat 32 file system issue. However I think this an be solved once I contact customer support. I don't care because it still encrypts the file as needed.

Professor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock is perfect for work and home

Kommentare: I originally bought folder lock to protect data and personal information for work-related files. It was so easy to use I now protect personal and financial information at home too. When I replaced several computers I needed help to move the licenses and files, folder lock provided the required information immediately and the process worked perfectly.

The best thing about folder lock is that it is so easy to protect your information you actually do it; and the protection is so strong.

It is not as easy to move encrypted files to various computers as it is to move regular files.

Kevin
Retired in Australien
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

A great programme to protect folders from access.

Kommentare: I'm just a simple home user, but like most users I do have some files that I like to keep private & not accessible to others (especially if I were to die). Folder Lock does exactly what I want!

I've used Folder Lock for quite a few years & whilst I only use it very occasionally I completely trust the security it offers. I store folders that I prefer others can't access on an external drive, I'm not sure if I could access these files should I use the external drive on another computer without installing the software first but believe this is an option as I used Folder Lock many years back to encrypt DVDs with a password, this worked well.

I did for a while get a nag screen saying the programme was not registered, (it is fully legal) but this stopped occurring some time back so no complains! It may have related to temporary loss of an Internet connection?

Lauren
Business Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product!

Kommentare: Between HIPAA and the increased risk of cyber attacks, this software really gives us the peace of mind that our sensitive data is being properly secured and protected. And it's nice that it's so easy to use!

This software is very easy to set up and use, and best of all, it gives me the peace of mind that our sensitive files are being properly secured.

There really aren't any down sides to this software, it's easy to use, affordable, and works well. I have been using Folder Lock since 2013 and there are no complaints here!