Folder Lock - An ultimate tool to securely keep your private data and files

Bewertet am 23.12.2019
Ravinder B.
Consultant
Rechtsberatung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being a legal industry, client data security is utmost along-with proper shredding of the data. So, Folder Lock serves our purpose.

Vorteile: Folder Lock is one of the very intuitive and easy to use solution to lock and protect your files. It allows you to encrypt your files on the go with military-grade encryption technology. Users can create storage lockers that are dynamic in size and grows as per the user’s data storage needs. The secure backup feature of the Folder lock allows you to back up your files or data on the cloud server automatically. Any modification in the files is automatically synced in real-time. Password wallets feature allows you to securely save your credit/debit card and banking information using strong encryption technology. Other important features include Clear History and Shred files. Clear History allows you to clear your digital footprints on the web-browser, media players and Window history. Shred files feature allows you to completely delete your data on hard drives, USB devices which can’t be recovered.

Nachteile: Looks like there is Folder Lock app for Window and Android but not for iOS desktop. Security can be improved as there is no app which is 100% secure. I could not find any bad in the product.

Folder Lock - Secure your File System

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Rob B.
Developer

Kommentare: I have been using this program for personal purposes. I needed to protect my files on my personal Laptop. I met my needs with this program. It brings me enough features to protect me even with the free version. Of course, for everyone who wants more, there is a paid version that supports much more. I think the price is very cool for this kind of product and it is worth it. So I pretty recommend the program for all of you that want to be protected at home or even in their business.

Vorteile: I think the software is cool because:
1. It has a lot of features - for me one of the most powerful are folder locking, folder hiding, encrypting your entire drives, even encrypting and protecting your flash-drives.
2. The program can destroy your files which you want not to be recoverable.
3. There is an option to archive your files on secure cloud servers where you can access your files from everywhere.
4. The app can work as a background process and no one will understand it is working.
5. All the management of your folders, encrypted drives or USBs are in one place which I think is very intuitive and you can easily work and manage them. Of course, when you start the app you cannot access it without entering your strong password.
6. The encrypting is 256 bit which for my knowledge is very hard to be broken and decrypted. Most programs work with 128 bit, so this one supports dobule more security.
7. Finally, one powerfull feature for me is that it can clear all your history - either browser or even your windows history and clipboard copies. For me, at this dynamic days, you frequently forget to clear some browsing history which decreases your privacy but with that program, you won't forget and you will clear everything with just one click.

Nachteile: Through my use, I did not find any difficulties using the program. I think it is easy to use, easy to manage all your private things and you can feel comfortable for protecting your files. Of course, you cannot always be 100 % secured but it is your responsibility to take small care of how you protect yourself. So this program is cool for those people who want to prevent them from stealing their files.

Works As Advertised But It's Not For A Beginner!

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Jack S.
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My over all experience with Folder Lock is positive. It does what it says but you will go through a learning curve. Support is good if you are specific about your problem. Don't contact support and say Folder Lock is broken, fix it! That won't get you anywhere. In my title it says Not for a beginner. If you don't know what you are doing when it comes to PC's learn how PC's work or hire someone to make it work for you.

Vorteile: What I like most about Folder Lock is that it does what it says. It keeps your Sensitive Information safe.

Nachteile: What I like least about Folder Lock is that it is Buggy at times. It refuses to close a locker and requires a full re-boot of my computer to convince Folder Lock I want to close the Locker.

From High to Low

Eric M.
retired Anglican priest - Canon Eric MacDonald
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Folder Lock for personal file security, and so far it seems to perform well. Again, I say this with the qualifications noted regarding Folder Lock and Windows 10 and NTFS.

Vorteile: I used to think that Folder Lock was the ultimate solution to file security, until receiving this message: 'Since Windows 10 does not support opening NTFS Lockers correctly, we recommend that you open these Lockers in Windows 7, or in other older versions and move out your data and keep them in Backup-able (FAT32) Lockers.' [my own grammatical corrections] However, I have never had trouble opening Lockers in NTFS, never having created a Locker in any other file system (to my knowledge). Not only that, but an NTFS Locker can be backed up simply by copying the fklb folder. So, I don't know whether Folder Lock is reliable for my purposes or not. So far, no problem, but the message about Windows 10 and NTFS is not encouraging.

Nachteile: The uncertainty raised by the message about Windows 10 and NTFS. If it is true that Windows 10 and/or NTFS do not correctly open Lockers, then Folder Lock is virtually useless, given the limitations on file size in FAT32. Since Windows 7 will soon be unsupported by Microsoft, what older usable versions did Folder Lock have in mind?

Secure your data and I nformations

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Student
Bankwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As I am using this for a long period of time this is very helpful for me to keep my data and information protected from the unnecessary entrance from the others.

Vorteile: Wow, just amazing this I can separately lock or protect the data and information. Also, the access for the protected data is very efficient.

Nachteile: When new software or application is download it always asks to lock that it is unnecessary and when we lock at that time it does not gives access after downloading it. Also on the phone, if we select some file and share it with folder lock it does not lock the file and we have to go to the folder lock app and come through it for locking.

Best to hide data

Bewertet am 27.4.2019
Nisar A.
Invoice Support Executive

Kommentare: Must go for it as it is totally free and secure your data from others and no one can access it when the folder is locked

Vorteile: I use folder lock to hide my personal data from others. With folder lock we can just lock the folder and it will get hide and can only be open by providing your folder lock password. We can later unlock the folder and it again visible to everyone. Folder lock always ask for Master password when we open the folder lock app, so it provides more security to our data. It also provides us Protect USB/CD, encrypt files option

Nachteile: There is nothing i dislike with Folder lock

This Software protect against un-authorize use of folders and files

Bewertet am 27.10.2019
Freelancer
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I solved many problem like as my videos and secret files .

Vorteile: I like most of this software that it hide folders and files by using password and can't be use that folder or file without unlocking by password.

Nachteile: I like least it's tak Tak Tak sound when we enter password for locking or unlocking and also very easy to uninstall.

Great way to protect sensitive information

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Tech
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used for many years, the new versions are more stable and dependable.

Vorteile: You can create folders with many files and both encrypt the file as well as the folder so that intruders don't even know its on your computer

Nachteile: I did have an older version permanently lock up and I lost access to the files which was really bad.

Extremely easy software to setup and use from day one!

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
John H.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using it for almost a decade. Works really well

Vorteile: Ease of use and functionality. Very safe and secure to store your important data files. It's encrypted for an added layer of safety. Customer support is awesome and responds back quickly.

Nachteile: Wish more people would use it so that it would become more standard. Graphics are a bit corny but serves its purpose.

Peace of Mind is Mine

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Candace G.
Freelance Writer/Editor
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Frankly, I wonder how I existed before I found it. I am so used to locking and hiding, shredding, saving my files and information that I feel sorry for those who don't have it yet.

Vorteile: I love that I can lock my folders and the information within them and not worry about it again.I love being able to hide them as well!
As a freelancer, I have many folders with sensitive information, project ideas, book outlines, etc. I want to know that nobody can hack in and get those ideas. It is not common, but it does happen. it is also great that I can save and secure passwords with this software.

Nachteile: For me the learning curve was a bit stiff, but that might have been just me. Once I learned to navigate and all the things the software is capable of doing, it was amazing!

Great product, lousy customer backup when stuck

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Michael C.
Self employed
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I'd say 50/50 only due to the lousy customer service backup being very unhelpful. Not long after installing my version, I had Folder Lock REALLY hide some folders by making them TOTALLY DISAPPEAR!!! After several emails requesting HELP!! there was no solution forthcoming that worked. (Which was explained in detail in my responses). They did not have a grasp on the severity of my problem and the gravity that went with it. All my sensitive business and private documents and folders were not able to be seen for over two months! I kid you not!! For all the corresponding between the two parties, they really seemed to be quite blaisé and devil-may-care type of attitude. I was ropeable! They even had the audacity to ask me to 'reinstall your Windows operating system' which would have wiped the whole computer's data, including that which was 'hidden'. The only way out in the end was to take my PC to a professional computer technician, pay a couple of hundred dollars and get the thing working again. Unbelievable lack of concern shown throughout. This whole ordeal left me terribly upset and shaken to be honest. (I still have original emails if needed as proof if needed).

Vorteile: It is unbreakable. Always works. Trust the SOFTWARE totally.

Nachteile: Quite lengthy learning curve to obtain useful level of competence to use it. If you use it to hide larger size folders and drives, ie. 2gb or more, it takes a very long time to open and let you start working. Probably three to four minute's wait time. Not good when time is off the essence.

Excellent encryption software, easy and complete

Bewertet am 23.2.2019
Bryan M.
Medical Director
Medizinische Praxis, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Physician: Keep all of my consult dictations in an encrypted folder. easy and great to have all of my consults at my fingertips for rounds etc... Researcher: have to keep data for 10 years... simple and safe. Assessor for Medical College: perfect as I receive LARGE folders full to confidential client information that I am to review... and can move all in to an encrypted folder lock folder kept discretely from all of my other folders and can delete it after my report is complete

Vorteile: Ease of Use. this encryption software could not be easier to use. as a physician, and a researcher, who also does reviews and audits for our College, I am completely happy with its ease of use. It is exactly what I was looking for in a product.

Nachteile: Not strictly a con, but in this day of biometrics I'd like to be able to use my finger-print scanner instead for the password... or a 2 stage security process... this will make things more secure as I'm quite certain people are using easy to remember passwords for their main entry which defeats the purpose... there are a ton of extra features that I would be interested in using, if there were a video "hot to" circulated to familiarize us with the products....

Exactly what I needed!

Milt H.
Associate Professor
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This program was very easy to install and setup. I like that I can encrypt individual files, and I can create multiple "lockers" that securely store those files. I can erase my Windows "tracks" with one click, and the empty disc space shredder is super-fast! (There will be one temp file that needs to be erased after the shredding operation, but it really works well.) Folder Lock also has a backup/restore function, but I have not used that. One really cool feature is that you can copy your "locker(s)" to a jump drive, then they are converted to executables so that you can securely take them with you. There are other attributes to the program that I have not used (such as protecting email attachments and password wallets, but those are not the reason that I bought this software. I purchased this software so that I could securely lock (hide) sensitive files/folders. Folder Lock works perfectly for this. But you must remember your password! If you lose it, you are sunk!! Oh yeah, and probably my favorite feature is that Folder Lock runs in Stealth Mode! It does not show to be running anywhere if you set it up that way! I am super-satisfied with this program (and its sister program USB Lock! They are both worth every cent I spent on them!

Nachteile: The only con would be that it is difficult to find Folder Lock in stealth mode if your secret key combination does not work for whatever reason. (I think I run into this if it has been a couple of days or more since I have called the program up.)

FOLDER LOCK IS SOLID AS A ROCK!

Kent L.
President/CEO

Kommentare: It’s the first encryption package that has stayed installed on my systems for more than a year, and continues to be used on a daily basis in my operation. Also, when I purchased the package it continues to work and it’s mine, no continuous scams or attempts to get me into a registration renewal fee or membership. No company or it’s ownership is perpetual, we can’t invest in using an encryption package that may someday become obsolete. With Folder Lock we are confident that a decade from now we will be able to decrypt archived files because we have control and ownership of the encryption package.

Vorteile: The best thing about Folder Lock is that it works consistently and does not create other operating system issues. I have had to stop using many encryption systems because their presence results in system hang ups and system lock ups.

Nachteile: I think the graphical interface coukd be ergonomically improved to save screen space, but this is a sideline marginal improvement to the bug free package that it is. If anything an expansion of transportability would be welcomed for ease of encrypting files for email attachments and flash drive carrying.

Bernard's review

Bernard B.
Retired
Metallabbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used Folder Lock to protect my files at the office and at home, however, being now retired, I am using it for my personal use at home. The risk of having the files leaving home is nonexistent now, and I do not know if an outside hacker can access the lockers both when opened and closed. In overall, I always had very good support from the Folder Lock team in the past and I thank you them for their appreciated help at that time.

Vorteile: The version 7 is easy to use and clear. The French version that I am using is perfect( with regard to the language).
I do not use all the topics offered by the software; just the file encryption topic, however, I intend to explore the other topics as well.

Nachteile: 1. Sometimes, an open locker cannot be closed by the main Folder Lock window and the directory where the unlocked files are placed cannot be closed;
2. The portable Folfer Lock execution file automatically placed in an USB key does not seem working properly
3. The two above points were not observed with the versions 6.xx of the software

Best Folder Security I’ve Ever Used

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Dennis F.
Chief, Programs Management Branch
Tiefbau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have tried some of the free software security programs on the internet and they’re okay but not great. This software has been everything I wanted in a security package. I’m glad I spent the money to get it.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is it’s ease of use and the password security protocol.
Locking and unlocking the folders is really easy and requires only one click of the mouse after you’ve entered your password.
I use it on my PC and I created a twenty-nine character password. I felt that I needed an extra long password to ensure that it would be very difficult to break into. I was surprised that it allowed me to use such a long password. I realize that nothing is unbreakable but someone will have to try extra hard to break mine.

Nachteile: I honestly can’t think of anything I didn’t like about this software.

Easy File and Folder Encryption

Bewertet am 23.2.2019
Hugo V.
PMO and Software Development Manager

Kommentare: Overall I have enjoyed Folder Lock. I am a keen user and I would easily recommend it to others. I must say that I find the selection of various products very confusing in terms of how the compare to each other. At this time I am of the opinion that Folder Lock is the Flagship Product among the various Desktop Applications offered by NewSoftwares.net

Vorteile: I like the fact that I can easily create a secure file which can then be mounted as a drive, and that I can easily back up that secure file. Once this file is created and mounted as a drive it can be opened (encrypted) and closed (encrypted) with all the files I like to protect. I like the companion file that allows me to use my encrypted File to mount it on a machine that does not have Folder Lock installed.

Nachteile: This software is easy to use but some selections are a bit confusing before you start a new Encrypted File Container. I am also concerned about some of my older folders as I am a long time user and Windows 10 and beyond Backward Compatibility. I am not very confident in the Lock Folder Protect Feature as I know how to beat this protection and hence it has very little utility to me, and I have very little confidence in this level of protection. Useful for files not that sensitive but not very secure.

Folder Lock

Bewertet am 19.2.2019
Web and Multimedia Instructional Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used this software for a few years and always purchase the upgrade. I have Windows 7, and regarding that Windows 10 message, I don't know if it's any less secure when I hide my files using NTFS formatted drive. That's my only concern if I end up switching to Windows 10. Otherwise, I really like using this product to hide stuff like tax documents or other stuff with private information.

Vorteile: One of the features I like is being able to hide your folders. Another feature I use a lot is wiping out the harddrive. It usually frees up the spaces on my computer. I think it's helping to speed up the computer if you have deleted files hanging around in your drive.

Nachteile: I'm using the latest version. I get that Windows 10 message about using FAT file or something. Not sure if this means my files are not as secured anymore if I'm using NTFS hard drive. This part is the only one I'm uncleared about when I lock and unlock my folders.

Excellent Reliable

Yacoub A.
Bankwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Privacy and access to certain files are guaranteed. It's not possible for anyone to tamper with any files.

Vorteile: Easy to use, very simple user interface. Easy to select which files to lock. If you are accidentally in Cap Lock mode, it will inform you so that you don't have to retype the password. Customer service is superb and helped me resolve registration issues when I had to reinstall the OS

Nachteile: You have to disable it and move your files out if you need to do system restore. Otherwise it will prevent the restore. Although ehen a file is licked its supposed to be invisible, you can still see the name of the file in app specifi directory trees. You can't access it, but you can see it. Then if you go to the D drive directory, you will notice its not there. That alerts that you are hiding something to an intruder.

secure folders

Brad M.
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As one who used to file insurance claims for doctors, I needed secure folder availability to comply with federal law. FolderLock gives me that.

Vorteile: I have been using this software for years. And when I changed computers and had to reload Folderlock onto the new computer, support came quickly to the rescue. Another feature I like is that FolderLock automatically locks a folder if the machine happens to be shutdown while my folders are open. This might happen during an automatic update and reboot.

Nachteile: In a previous version I wound up one day with files added to my folders, files that had very strange, computer-language characters, and they weren't executable or "deletable". When I reloaded on another machine, they disappeared. No adverse impact; just puzzling.

Good, solid security at a reasonable cost

Leroy M.
QUANTUM MECHANIC

Kommentare: I work in Healthcare Cyber Security. My first line of defense is to stop invasion. My second line is to make certain all data is securely encrypted against any invasion. If anyone manages to get to my data I want it to be useless to them. Folder Locker does the job in trained hands.

Vorteile: Initially some issues, mostly due to updates and feature changes and bugs attributed to Windows10 Pro updates. I am a Windows troubleshooter. I was able to workaround most issues until Windows10 finally became somewhat, or should I say, more stable. Haven't had any issues since 10/18. Software is now working as designed and performing well on HDs, SSDs USBs and NAS. No problems and No data loss. Can't say I got any help from Tech support. I am pretty self sufficient on computers, but I bought the software from Amazon. I never expect a lot from free stuff but when I spend money I expect things to work. Folder Locker Does work with the current updated Windows Pro version. Keep it current and its smooth running.

Nachteile: As with most software issues you have to make sure you recognize the source of the issue. If a problem is found I had to sometime realize I had to wait for an update from Microsoft to fix the bug or for another software update. Caused by security issues and software companies trying to keep up.

Folderlock is awesome

Barney R.
Management Consultant
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My clients require that I maintain encrypted files on my laptop or portable media. Folderlock exceeds their requirements.

Vorteile: 1. Easy to download and set up
2. Easy to use on a daily basis
3. 2-layer protection, password and encryption key
4. Easy to move to another computer. Simply download the software and use the same password and encryption key.
5. Never had any problem with files being encrypted or decrypted except as noted in the Cons.

Nachteile: There is some conflict with my operating system that will close Folderlock when in sleep mode. Not sure of the cause because it isn't that much of a problem and I have never researched. If I have open files, I need to open Folderlock and SAVE autorecovered files. Its rare and not a big deal.

Want security? They've got a lock on it!

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Joel J.

Kommentare: I'm somewhat anal about protecting my business files. Folder Lock gives me that extra level of security. I protect my network with physical and software firewalls, on the off chance that someone is able to penetrate my defense, Folder Lock provides an extra level of security by encrypting and then locking down selected directories.

Vorteile: Setup is easy and intuitive. Windows File Explorer is running in the background so locating files and folders to secure is easy to do. Most tasks are performed with a single click making the product easy to use. Folder Lock is bullet proof security for your data.

Nachteile: This isn't exactly a "con," but for me personally using multiple hard drives, it can be easy to forget what folders I've locked until I try to save to a particular folder.

Never have to worry about what others might see again!

Bewertet am 11.3.2019
Karlee B.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Folder Lock has been outstanding. This software is simple to use, reliable, and I have peace of mind knowing my private and valuable documents are safely "locked away."

Vorteile: This software is great! I store all of my financial documents here along with personal letters, pictures, etc. ~ I also like that I can hide the fact that I even have this program on my computer and I can pull it up by using hot keys. My computer is password protected, but sometimes other people end up using my computer for a bit so it's nice to know there is nothing snooping eyes might uncover. It's also nice to know that if my computer is hacked, my financial information is safe.

Nachteile: This is so minor in comparison to the advantages; I wish I could upload multiple documents vs. one document at a time. Since I do have to do it one at a time, it would be nice if when I am uploading multiple documents from the same folder, the software would default to the last visited folder as an upload location so I don't have to keep re-navigating to that folder over and over again.

Kudos from a computer professional

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Richard H.
Owner of a computer service company
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Vorteile: A professional support technician with 400 customers, I recognize the need for some folders on a home PC to be locked against prying eyes. Email... documents... financial information... They're generally wide open to your computer tech or anyone else with access to your PC, but should they be? As a computer tech, I fix Windows PCs, but- just in case- I have and use Folder Lock to protect sensitive information like my Client List complete with their email addresses and passwords. I wouldn't be without it. Folder Lock security is just slightly less important to me than my heartbeat.

Nachteile: No "Cons." It just works as it's supposed to work.