Über Folder Lock

Mit Folder Lock kannst du Dateien, Ordner und Laufwerke mit einem Kennwort schützen, deine wichtigen Dateien im Handumdrehen verschlüsseln und sie in Echtzeit sichern.

Erfahre mehr über Folder Lock

Only negative is that we have to disable all encryption before using windows system restore. No support for fingerprint unlock is a nitpicked con.

Bewertungen zu Folder Lock

Folder Lock hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 577 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Folder Lock bereits verwendet?

Carlos R.
Carlos R.
CEO in Uruguay
Import und Export, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock is the best

5 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Great.

Security and encryption are something that I value so so much, especially in the computers used in my company, and Folder Lock meets my expectations at 100%. The backup option is very good, it provides a lot of peace of mind. Finally, I find the price really affordable, and it is a one-time payment.

Perhaps I could point out that some things are somewhat complicated to understand at first.

Allan K.
Research Officer in Ghana
internationale Angelegenheiten, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Too notch security

Kommentare: Folder Lock is a really great software to have. The stealth features allow me to not only enjoy the protections being offered, but to do so quietly as well.... so that someone close does not know that there’s something specifically being hidden. Also, I have enjoyed the additional backup service it provides. This reduces the possibility of permanent file loss almost entirely.

One of the most useful things about Folder Lock is that it gives more options beyond just locking container folders. Individual files and external drives can also be equally protected with Folder Lock. With file encryption in addition to password protection, there is very little more I could have expected.

It’s a bit pricy when compared to other alternatives that provide similar services.

Jack S.
President in USA
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock Does the Job

4 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience has been positive even though the program can be quirky at times.

What I like most about the software is the ability to encrypt and backup critical Business Data and Information.

What I dislike about Folder Lock is it can be quirky. For example, it will forget that a locker exists at times and when I remove a locker Folder Lock keeps showing it in the main screen.

Eric M.
retired Anglican priest - Canon Eric MacDonald in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

From High to Low

Kommentare: I use Folder Lock for personal file security, and so far it seems to perform well. Again, I say this with the qualifications noted regarding Folder Lock and Windows 10 and NTFS.

I used to think that Folder Lock was the ultimate solution to file security, until receiving this message: 'Since Windows 10 does not support opening NTFS Lockers correctly, we recommend that you open these Lockers in Windows 7, or in other older versions and move out your data and keep them in Backup-able (FAT32) Lockers.' [my own grammatical corrections] However, I have never had trouble opening Lockers in NTFS, never having created a Locker in any other file system (to my knowledge). Not only that, but an NTFS Locker can be backed up simply by copying the fklb folder. So, I don't know whether Folder Lock is reliable for my purposes or not. So far, no problem, but the message about Windows 10 and NTFS is not encouraging.

The uncertainty raised by the message about Windows 10 and NTFS. If it is true that Windows 10 and/or NTFS do not correctly open Lockers, then Folder Lock is virtually useless, given the limitations on file size in FAT32. Since Windows 7 will soon be unsupported by Microsoft, what older usable versions did Folder Lock have in mind?

Nazlin M.
Nazlin M.
Head of ERP in Sri Lanka
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock Reveiw

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I recommend Folder Lock for who cares about the security of files and want to keep safe. It's easiest securing method is user friendly and trouble less.

I was using password protection for each of my MS Excel and MS Word files which were very important and should be secured. But after starting using Folder Lock, I never mind applying the password for each and every file. I used to visit customer premises very regularly, now with folder lock, I am not to worry for my lost drive since no one can open my files. Encrypt the files, Secure Backup, Protect USB and password Wallet are handy extra features in Folder Lock Software.

I could not face any cons in Folder Lock and I hope to have for IOS devices too.

Felipe S.
Architect in Kolumbien
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to encryption

Kommentare: Good experience with the software and client service

It's an easy way to encrypt files, folders and whole hard disks. Works smoothly and it's portable too so you can encrypt USB or folders inside USB devices. Secure file shredding and other useful options

When you open an encrypted folder and use files in it, when finishing and trying to close the encrypted folder again it wont work becase some file are still open or working, which it's not the case so it wont let you close it. This may happens because some programs used to open the files keep the link to the file in the back memory. It's an issue definitely.

Girinaidu Y.
Girinaidu Y.
software engineer in Indien
Bankwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Most security and best user friendly software in industry

Kommentare: overall best experience and good one

past one year, I have been using this folder lock software I completely enjoying this one. because we have most security features and best UI design and easily installation software. we can hide and secure all type of folder, files and drives in the system. we can encrypt the documents in simple steps. we can save over files from fraud things. security mechanism is highly increased. we have best trail version software for PC and Laptops.

frankly speaking no concern here. everything is looks like good only

Tobel A.
Tobel A.
It technician in Uganda
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock review

Kommentare: Easy to use and Ability to secure a whole drive is cool, despite of the inconsequentials.

Easy protect files, folders and drives. It's a good file shreder.

Having only one factor authentication, this should be worked upon.

Nirvair S.
President in Kanada
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best file lock software

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

- East to download and use - It helps to protect to business data and files with encrypted lockers and online backup - It also have free space shredding

- Backup requires a separate subscription.

Darina T.
Ing. in Slowakei
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Safety for my documents, for a fair price.

Kommentare: A firm must have its data encrypted. I was tasked to find a software for that purpose, but had not much experience with these programs.
I saw this as one of the fisrt option in google play store. I tried it, figured it out, and was very pleased with the outcome. Our firm now uses it to keep our documents safe.

Software allows free trails on all of its versions. Once i found the best one for myself, which included usb and cloud protection, I was very pleased with its ease of use for older person such as myself. I do believe encryption is very important part of my firm´s security. Since I do not have much experience with keeping my files safe myself, I am happy to know that it can be done for me. Compared to other products of this kind, prices are rather decent. To find whole bundles of these products for a fair price within 30 - 60 dollars, at least for my needs, was a great value for my money. Its mobile versions are just as impressive. I own both android and apple phones, so the fact I can have one app and account for same use makes the whole protection thing a lot easier.

Lack of clear instructions at first. User interface was rather confusing for me at first. Too many options, I was almost afraid what each will do.

Christopher B.
Manager in Kanada
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock - Security and Invisibility

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: If you have sensitve files this program is by far the best way to keep them covert on your desktop. I wouldn't be without it anymore as you can ensure the extra layer of security by making your data invisible

There are multiple features in this software making it a swiss army knife of data security. You can keep your passwords in a seperate encripted wallet which includes payment data if you so choose. This data is accesssible to outside programs if it is decrtypted and purposefully selected. There is a shredding option which essentially cross shreds the data by writing 1 and 0 over it repeatedly to make it difficult to impossible to recover data that has been shredded. There are stealth modes which allow the user to hide any trace of the app and bring it up with a certain keycode combination on your keyboard that you select. Its handy because without knowing that magic key combo no one would guess the program is there never mind hiding information. Folder Lock not just locks a folder up but it actually makes it invisible so no on eeven knows its there. Combine that with the ability to remove any trace of the program running form systreay. You can also assing a keycode combination like Alt9 or something like that which makes it so the program can only be started with that unique keycode combo. This makes the folder ultra stealthy as there is no evicdence in the syst tray, or with icons on the desktop, programs menu etc. It makes it invisible.

There are times when you reinstall the software that it has problems identifying that its a single installation on one computer and it invalidates itself. Then you have to write in to get support. That can delay you a little but but the customer service is pretty helpful for the most part. It doesn't sync up with or hook into Folder Lock Pro for the mobile devices. There are also times where the master password gliteches out and you have to reset it. Not game changing issues but they take some time to resolve.

Rob B.
Developer in Bulgarien

Folder Lock - Secure your File System

Kommentare: I have been using this program for personal purposes. I needed to protect my files on my personal Laptop. I met my needs with this program. It brings me enough features to protect me even with the free version. Of course, for everyone who wants more, there is a paid version that supports much more. I think the price is very cool for this kind of product and it is worth it. So I pretty recommend the program for all of you that want to be protected at home or even in their business.

I think the software is cool because: 1. It has a lot of features - for me one of the most powerful are folder locking, folder hiding, encrypting your entire drives, even encrypting and protecting your flash-drives. 2. The program can destroy your files which you want not to be recoverable. 3. There is an option to archive your files on secure cloud servers where you can access your files from everywhere. 4. The app can work as a background process and no one will understand it is working. 5. All the management of your folders, encrypted drives or USBs are in one place which I think is very intuitive and you can easily work and manage them. Of course, when you start the app you cannot access it without entering your strong password. 6. The encrypting is 256 bit which for my knowledge is very hard to be broken and decrypted. Most programs work with 128 bit, so this one supports dobule more security. 7. Finally, one powerfull feature for me is that it can clear all your history - either browser or even your windows history and clipboard copies. For me, at this dynamic days, you frequently forget to clear some browsing history which decreases your privacy but with that program, you won't forget and you will clear everything with just one click.

Through my use, I did not find any difficulties using the program. I think it is easy to use, easy to manage all your private things and you can feel comfortable for protecting your files. Of course, you cannot always be 100 % secured but it is your responsibility to take small care of how you protect yourself. So this program is cool for those people who want to prevent them from stealing their files.

Jennifer D.
Graphic Design in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Use this and be safe?

Kommentare: Overall I just downloaded it again because Capterra has reminded me that I used these things because they worked, and my lazy bad habits need to change. Now that I am once again doing more freelance and contracts again I need to be safe, and this will definitely do the trick. But for those of you that need higher encryption read carefully to be sure this is enough I know hackers who do!

I had to remind myself of when I used this product last. It does protect, and it does keep safe mostly your files and file transfers. I just don't require this much security all the time. I need these days to get back into the extra precautions of safety simply because people are stealing more and more. Much of the work that I had done for corporate entities made Cnet, Folder lock, and a few others important and many of the protections that this product offers is necessary even if I do find it cumbersome. The history and cleaning keeps my computer in better order too. It keeps me from mixing up data and keeping job files in proper order.

I have locked files so securely even I couldn't get into them. I keep a ledger of pass codes and often you can find me scrambling and mumbling "I know I double checked this" That means I was in a hurry and wrote the pass codes down out of order. That's not the software's issue, and it is clearly showing me that it is working for most pain in the hackers, but it can be frustrating, and I only use this software when it is necessary. When it is necessary it works. Another thing I don't like about it is the files sizes and how quickly it eats storage.

Michael C.
Self employed in Australien
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great product, lousy customer backup when stuck

Kommentare: Overall I'd say 50/50 only due to the lousy customer service backup being very unhelpful. Not long after installing my version, I had Folder Lock REALLY hide some folders by making them TOTALLY DISAPPEAR!!! After several emails requesting HELP!! there was no solution forthcoming that worked. (Which was explained in detail in my responses). They did not have a grasp on the severity of my problem and the gravity that went with it. All my sensitive business and private documents and folders were not able to be seen for over two months! I kid you not!! For all the corresponding between the two parties, they really seemed to be quite blaisé and devil-may-care type of attitude. I was ropeable! They even had the audacity to ask me to 'reinstall your Windows operating system' which would have wiped the whole computer's data, including that which was 'hidden'. The only way out in the end was to take my PC to a professional computer technician, pay a couple of hundred dollars and get the thing working again. Unbelievable lack of concern shown throughout. This whole ordeal left me terribly upset and shaken to be honest. (I still have original emails if needed as proof if needed).

It is unbreakable. Always works. Trust the SOFTWARE totally.

Quite lengthy learning curve to obtain useful level of competence to use it. If you use it to hide larger size folders and drives, ie. 2gb or more, it takes a very long time to open and let you start working. Probably three to four minute's wait time. Not good when time is off the essence.

Bryan M.
Medical Director in Kanada
Medizinische Praxis, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent encryption software, easy and complete

Kommentare: Physician: Keep all of my consult dictations in an encrypted folder. easy and great to have all of my consults at my fingertips for rounds etc... Researcher: have to keep data for 10 years... simple and safe. Assessor for Medical College: perfect as I receive LARGE folders full to confidential client information that I am to review... and can move all in to an encrypted folder lock folder kept discretely from all of my other folders and can delete it after my report is complete

Ease of Use. this encryption software could not be easier to use. as a physician, and a researcher, who also does reviews and audits for our College, I am completely happy with its ease of use. It is exactly what I was looking for in a product.

Not strictly a con, but in this day of biometrics I'd like to be able to use my finger-print scanner instead for the password... or a 2 stage security process... this will make things more secure as I'm quite certain people are using easy to remember passwords for their main entry which defeats the purpose... there are a ton of extra features that I would be interested in using, if there were a video "hot to" circulated to familiarize us with the products....

Ravinder B.
Ravinder B.
Consultant in Indien
Rechtsberatung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock - An ultimate tool to securely keep your private data and files

Kommentare: Being a legal industry, client data security is utmost along-with proper shredding of the data. So, Folder Lock serves our purpose.

Folder Lock is one of the very intuitive and easy to use solution to lock and protect your files. It allows you to encrypt your files on the go with military-grade encryption technology. Users can create storage lockers that are dynamic in size and grows as per the user’s data storage needs. The secure backup feature of the Folder lock allows you to back up your files or data on the cloud server automatically. Any modification in the files is automatically synced in real-time. Password wallets feature allows you to securely save your credit/debit card and banking information using strong encryption technology. Other important features include Clear History and Shred files. Clear History allows you to clear your digital footprints on the web-browser, media players and Window history. Shred files feature allows you to completely delete your data on hard drives, USB devices which can’t be recovered.

Looks like there is Folder Lock app for Window and Android but not for iOS desktop. Security can be improved as there is no app which is 100% secure. I could not find any bad in the product.

Milt H.
Associate Professor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Exactly what I needed!

This program was very easy to install and setup. I like that I can encrypt individual files, and I can create multiple "lockers" that securely store those files. I can erase my Windows "tracks" with one click, and the empty disc space shredder is super-fast! (There will be one temp file that needs to be erased after the shredding operation, but it really works well.) Folder Lock also has a backup/restore function, but I have not used that. One really cool feature is that you can copy your "locker(s)" to a jump drive, then they are converted to executables so that you can securely take them with you. There are other attributes to the program that I have not used (such as protecting email attachments and password wallets, but those are not the reason that I bought this software. I purchased this software so that I could securely lock (hide) sensitive files/folders. Folder Lock works perfectly for this. But you must remember your password! If you lose it, you are sunk!! Oh yeah, and probably my favorite feature is that Folder Lock runs in Stealth Mode! It does not show to be running anywhere if you set it up that way! I am super-satisfied with this program (and its sister program USB Lock! They are both worth every cent I spent on them!

The only con would be that it is difficult to find Folder Lock in stealth mode if your secret key combination does not work for whatever reason. (I think I run into this if it has been a couple of days or more since I have called the program up.)

Kent L.
President/CEO in USA

FOLDER LOCK IS SOLID AS A ROCK!

Kommentare: It’s the first encryption package that has stayed installed on my systems for more than a year, and continues to be used on a daily basis in my operation. Also, when I purchased the package it continues to work and it’s mine, no continuous scams or attempts to get me into a registration renewal fee or membership. No company or it’s ownership is perpetual, we can’t invest in using an encryption package that may someday become obsolete. With Folder Lock we are confident that a decade from now we will be able to decrypt archived files because we have control and ownership of the encryption package.

The best thing about Folder Lock is that it works consistently and does not create other operating system issues. I have had to stop using many encryption systems because their presence results in system hang ups and system lock ups.

I think the graphical interface coukd be ergonomically improved to save screen space, but this is a sideline marginal improvement to the bug free package that it is. If anything an expansion of transportability would be welcomed for ease of encrypting files for email attachments and flash drive carrying.

Bernard B.
Retired in Kanada
Metallabbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bernard's review

Kommentare: I used Folder Lock to protect my files at the office and at home, however, being now retired, I am using it for my personal use at home. The risk of having the files leaving home is nonexistent now, and I do not know if an outside hacker can access the lockers both when opened and closed. In overall, I always had very good support from the Folder Lock team in the past and I thank you them for their appreciated help at that time.

The version 7 is easy to use and clear. The French version that I am using is perfect( with regard to the language). I do not use all the topics offered by the software; just the file encryption topic, however, I intend to explore the other topics as well.

1. Sometimes, an open locker cannot be closed by the main Folder Lock window and the directory where the unlocked files are placed cannot be closed; 2. The portable Folfer Lock execution file automatically placed in an USB key does not seem working properly 3. The two above points were not observed with the versions 6.xx of the software

Dennis F.
Chief, Programs Management Branch in USA
Tiefbau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best Folder Security I’ve Ever Used

Kommentare: I have tried some of the free software security programs on the internet and they’re okay but not great. This software has been everything I wanted in a security package. I’m glad I spent the money to get it.

What I like most about this software is it’s ease of use and the password security protocol. Locking and unlocking the folders is really easy and requires only one click of the mouse after you’ve entered your password. I use it on my PC and I created a twenty-nine character password. I felt that I needed an extra long password to ensure that it would be very difficult to break into. I was surprised that it allowed me to use such a long password. I realize that nothing is unbreakable but someone will have to try extra hard to break mine.

I honestly can’t think of anything I didn’t like about this software.

Hugo V.
PMO and Software Development Manager in Südafrika

Easy File and Folder Encryption

Kommentare: Overall I have enjoyed Folder Lock. I am a keen user and I would easily recommend it to others. I must say that I find the selection of various products very confusing in terms of how the compare to each other. At this time I am of the opinion that Folder Lock is the Flagship Product among the various Desktop Applications offered by NewSoftwares.net

I like the fact that I can easily create a secure file which can then be mounted as a drive, and that I can easily back up that secure file. Once this file is created and mounted as a drive it can be opened (encrypted) and closed (encrypted) with all the files I like to protect. I like the companion file that allows me to use my encrypted File to mount it on a machine that does not have Folder Lock installed.

This software is easy to use but some selections are a bit confusing before you start a new Encrypted File Container. I am also concerned about some of my older folders as I am a long time user and Windows 10 and beyond Backward Compatibility. I am not very confident in the Lock Folder Protect Feature as I know how to beat this protection and hence it has very little utility to me, and I have very little confidence in this level of protection. Useful for files not that sensitive but not very secure.

Web and Multimedia Instructional Specialist in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Folder Lock

Kommentare: I've used this software for a few years and always purchase the upgrade. I have Windows 7, and regarding that Windows 10 message, I don't know if it's any less secure when I hide my files using NTFS formatted drive. That's my only concern if I end up switching to Windows 10. Otherwise, I really like using this product to hide stuff like tax documents or other stuff with private information.

One of the features I like is being able to hide your folders. Another feature I use a lot is wiping out the harddrive. It usually frees up the spaces on my computer. I think it's helping to speed up the computer if you have deleted files hanging around in your drive.

I'm using the latest version. I get that Windows 10 message about using FAT file or something. Not sure if this means my files are not as secured anymore if I'm using NTFS hard drive. This part is the only one I'm uncleared about when I lock and unlock my folders.

Yacoub A.
Owner in Kanada
Bankwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Reliable

Kommentare: Privacy and access to certain files are guaranteed. It's not possible for anyone to tamper with any files.

Easy to use, very simple user interface. Easy to select which files to lock. If you are accidentally in Cap Lock mode, it will inform you so that you don't have to retype the password. Customer service is superb and helped me resolve registration issues when I had to reinstall the OS

You have to disable it and move your files out if you need to do system restore. Otherwise it will prevent the restore. Although ehen a file is licked its supposed to be invisible, you can still see the name of the file in app specifi directory trees. You can't access it, but you can see it. Then if you go to the D drive directory, you will notice its not there. That alerts that you are hiding something to an intruder.

Ruwan D.
Ruwan D.
Student in Sri Lanka
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

protect your data with Folder Lock

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I am using this software for my mobile and pc since 2017 and it is a very user friendly software. I had no issues with this upto now. So I highly recommend this software.

User friendly interface, data can be protected using a password and can be categorized as per the need. Ability to lock the portable storage devices can be recognized as an outstanding feature. so no need to worry about the security when data is transferred by portable devices. Another useful feature is users can backup the data. Therefore, folder lock can be used to secure your files since it has various outstanding features compared to other platforms

I have not faced to any difficulty or issue with this software upto now and it is capable of providing the service what we need exactly.

Web Application Developer in Nepal

Very Useful tool to Secure Your Files

Kommentare: Overall Folder Lock is one of the best software available for file protection. It has more users as compared to similar other software. Perfectly works on any version of Windows OS.

Folder Lock is one of the best tool available which password-protect, encrypt your files in a second. It helps to share data and Softwares and also do the cleaning of files histories. Very much easy UI and easy to use. Just set a password and do hide your files. Folder lock is also available for IOS as well as Android phones.

Not all programs are bug-free. So folder lock has its bug. If your computer crashes and needs to reinstall OS, this leads to corrupt or lose your files. Some people think this is costly Software. Otherwise, there is no major issue on this software.