Only for short term operations. Period.

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Nadusha V.
Software Engineer

Kommentare: Overall, I'm only using this for some simple operations only. Only reason I'm using this is because of the user friendliness of the app. And this is 100% working where some other tools don't work sometimes. But the bandwidth limit is too low. So I can only rate it 5 out of 10.

Vorteile: Well, I like everything about the Tunnelbear vpn. It can hide your identity and can connect to any server in almost all of the countries out there. works pretty well. Thishas an Chrome extension so that you can use it with the chrome browser. First you have to create an account and then you have to login. this process is very easy and won't take too much time. And you can connect right away. There's an android app so that use vpn from your mobile device wiht those login credentials. Everything is pretty easy. user interface is very simple. and attractive as well. and connecting won't take too long or there's no queue like other tools.

Nachteile: like I said previously, usage bandwidth is limited when you're using this. like very low. you only get 500MB per month. so it's not suitable for long term operations like browsing social media, downloading things etc. however they allow you 1 GB if you could tweet about their service. But even that doesn't sound enough for me. Plus there are some competitors who offer the same service for free! So this is a bit questionable.

Great travel VPN for computer and mobile

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
R&D Summer Intern
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt

Kommentare: An easy to use VPN for both my computer and mobile device, I usually use it when I am travelling and on an unfamiliar network and am worried about my personal security.

Vorteile: This is very easy to use both on a computer and a mobile phone when you are on untrusted networks and want a secure connection. There are plenty of different options of locations to "tunnel" to, which is nice. Additionally, the price is not too bad for a VPN service, and it goes down if you buy larger packages. I have never really experienced that many connection issues when using TunnelBear, which is a big plus considering other VPNs drop me frequently.

Nachteile: There are other VPNs that provide just as much security, if not more due to legal requirements of collecting data on customers. TunnelBear does not collect logs, but still beware that Canada, where they are based, has very strict privacy laws and anti-P2P laws.

von TunnelBear an 6.12.2017

Hey there! Thanks for your review! The Bears are thrilled that you're enjoying the service.

You will be pleasantly surprised to find out that TunnelBear does NOT collect logs of the website you visit. Phew! :)

TunnelBear explicitly does not collect, store or log the following data:
- IP addresses visiting our website
- IP addresses upon service connection
- DNS Queries while connected
- Any information about the applications, services or websites our users use while connected to our Service

You can learn more at TunnelBear's human-readable, super transparent privacy policy: https://www.tunnelbear.com/privacy-policy.

If you have any questions, we want to hear from you at privacy@tunnelbear.com. Rawr!

VPN With Some Flare

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Marouane T.
Onlinemedien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: TunnelBear offers an easy to use, secure and consistent VPN service with apps across all the platforms I use at a competitive price.

Vorteile: TunnelBear is a consistent and powerful VPN solution. The service is inexpensive and with applications available across multiple platforms including browser extensions TunnelBear makes it easy to ensure you're protected and have VPN access wherever you are. The interface is intuitive and for those who don't know much about VPNs the settings have helpful descriptions for the more complex features. The animations and design of the interface is charming and a welcome change from the dull app interfaces out there. TunnelBear is fast and realiable, easily one of the best VPNs on the market.

Nachteile: I have not experienced any real issues with the service or it's apps in all the time I've been using TunnelBear, and I've been using it for a long time.

TunnelBear - Surf Fearlessly

Bewertet am 21.10.2019
Caleb J.
Junior Web Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have loved the experience ever since I started using the service and don't think I will switch to anyother VPN service provider.

Vorteile: TunnelBear is a VPN service which encrypts your internet connection in order to keep your daily online activities private and super secure while you browse the web doing what you do best, without the worries of hackers and the government spying on your data. TunnelBear is available across all Mac, Windows, IOS and Android devices so you feel secure no matter your location or your device. TunnelBear does not log any user activity as mentioned in the privacy policy so you can feel free to surf as intended without being spied on also by your VPN service provider.
TunnelBear also offers a free service which is limited to 500MB/Month so you can take it for a test drive before upgrading to the premium service.
Some of TunnelBear advance features are: Global content - which allows you to view contents that is not allowed in your region
Online Privacy - TunnelBear blocks the government and your local ISP from viewing any of your internet traffic.
IP tracking - this feature blocks ad services from tracking your behavior which is used to target you for web-based advertisement.

Nachteile: TunnelBear uses 256-bit AES encryption which is strong enough but a bit weaker than other VPN services on the market.

VPN With Some Flare

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Jacqui L.
Operations Supervisor
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: TunnelBear affords me a reliable, simple and inexpensive VPN solution that is easy to use and implement.

Vorteile: TunnelBear is a robust and comprehensive VPN service with a twist; the interface. TunnelBear's user interface, in addition to being intuitive and modern is fun, the application is a breath of fresh air in a world of applications that take themselves too seriously. TunnelBear has a rich feature set, everything you expect from a VPN is here including an option to hide the fact that you're using a VPN. TunnelBear has native applications across all the platforms you're familiar with including mobile and browser extensions. All of this while remaining rather inexpensive.

Nachteile: There's nothing not to like here, the service is reliable and consistent. The applications are stable and secure.

Easiest VPN service

Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Ernesto enrique F.
Full-stack Developer
Personalwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In general TunnelBear is an excellent opportunity for a fast, simple VPN service that has a very good free plan. Additionally, it improves the user experience with its extension for the browser.

Vorteile: What I like most about this service is that it is very easy to use. One click and ready to navigate. The interface is another point that I would like to highlight because other services can be very easy too but they do not have an interface as polished as TunnelBear has it. It's gamified and I like the drawing of the bear very much. For the free version you have 500mb of navigation that you can increase by an additional 1GB if you make a tweet, very good.

Nachteile: If we talk about cons, TunnelBear is very well done, however I would like to expand the number of servers that can be connected.

Addressing the Needs of International Clients While Ensuring Security

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Shayna W.
Teacher
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I was very pleased with TunnelBear. It did exactly what I needed to affordably, allowing me to work with international clients on their content from a U.S. IP address. I appreciated TunnelBear's candid FAQs which helped me to better understand what VPN was and what the benefits and considerations were for using it. While those projects have ended, I will definitely consider using TunnelBear in the future specifically for privacy and security purposes as I often work remotely over highly vulnerable public WiFi.

Vorteile: The internet has changed the face of producing content by expanding clientele from a local pool to an international one. Many clients need writers to be able to view sites and broadcasts as if they were local, but sometimes your IP address is a barrier. With TunnelBear I was able to toggle between my US IP address and an address local to my clients so I could stay abreast of local broadcasts. It was actually only after discovering TunnelBear for this purpose that I discovered it's full use as a VPN to protect privacy.

Nachteile: Toggling between my home IP address and an international one takes a little more time than simply surfing directly, but it's isn't too long and is as close to seamless as possible.

VPN is a must nowadays and for me the best is TunnelBear...

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Global Gateways and Fraud Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A fan of the service, and also it offers timely plans discounts for subscription renewal, really good experience at the best price.

Vorteile: I have several devices (Mac, iPhones, iPad, Windows PC and Android) and just setting my TunnelBear account when downloading and installing their respective versions work just great in each device. I really feel protected, as they are constantly updating the app and it offers configuration options who protect you much more; like Browsers plug-ins, traffic emulation, and UDP/TCP forcing for reliable/not reliable internet connections.

Nachteile: Under really unreliable connections (bandwidth compromised) the experience is really bad, but I guess is unfair to blame the app :).

Secure your internet activities

Bewertet am 31.8.2019
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: TunnelBear helps me in maintaining my privacy over my internet activities. It is easy to use and cheap, making it possible for me to subscribe to its plan.

Vorteile: TunnelBear is very easy to use! You just need to click or tap on the server's location that you want to use and voila! You are connected to the server. It is also cheap compared to other similar services, yet offer good service to the users.

Nachteile: It offers a free version but with very limited data it offers, it's better to just subscribe to the basic plan. Another negative point is that sometimes, the connection becomes lagging. While it is understandable since I am using VPN service but I hope this can be addressed somewhat.

VPN Made FUN

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Stephanie A.
Customer Engagement Representative
Immobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: TunnelBear has afforded me a comprehensive and inexpensive VPN solution that I can use across all my devices with no issue. The service is reliable and consistent.

Vorteile: - - Consistent and reliable
- - Intuitive and modern interface
- - The bear animations add a welcome flare to the interface
- - Feature rich and robust
- - Fast (of course this depends on your connection but at least it won't bottle neck your connection)
- - Native applications across many platforms, including mobile and broswer extentions

Nachteile: TunnelBear has been a reliable and consistent VPN solution for my needs for a while now. I have had no issues with the service.

The simplest VPN client out there

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Polo G.
Product Designer
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Tunnelbear is without a doubt the simplest VPN if you're in need of one. Great software for a single person, not sure if it would work for a large company.

Vorteile: - Very cheap for what it offers
- Very easy to install, even without computer knowledge
- The app is very well designed
- The companion apps make a great investment, VPN all across devices
- Has a free version that gives you 2gb for a tweet

Nachteile: Not much, the only one is that the app sometimes gets slow and the connection to the VPN takes more than expected, sometimes more than 2 minutes

This is probably the cutest and most effective VPN software in the market.

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
Leon C.
IT Recruiter

Kommentare: Great and functional VPN software.

Vorteile: First of all, this software has one of the most beautiful and easy to use interfaces I have seen, also their website graphics revolved around cute vectorized bears. It works marvelous, it is simple to use, effective, connects quickly and in addition; it is inexpensive (You can use around 500 MB for free in a monthly basis, and if you tweet about TunnelBear you can get some extra MBs, also their monthly and yearly plans are very affordable). I wholeheartedly recommend TunnelBear!

Nachteile: This is one of those few cases were I don't really have anything negative to say about a software. I believe TunnelBear is great.

Protection of the privacy of information in a secure and stable manner.

Bewertet am 19.5.2019
Karl D.
Financial Analyst
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a tool that has guaranteed the privacy of the information of the members of the company where it has been implemented, its service is fast, easy to use and guarantees a good technical support and quality service.

Vorteile: This product offers a good stability in VPN connection, offers a connection in a stable and secure way allowing the user to enjoy a fast navigation offering the privacy of the information, especially when it comes to information of the financial type or themes of the company. Confidentiality, accessing the TunnelBear Services is simple and the forms of payment are varied, the installation of the software can be applied from the desktop or through the web browser.

Nachteile: Once I had to install the software in Windows 8.1 and it did not work, the software was installed, it also happened several times that it was frozen when making a connection and not connects which I had to restart and it works again.

Easy to Use VPN with Charming UI

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Marketing Manager
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: TunnelBear does everything I need a VPN to do and its simple enough to use that I can safely recommend it to anyone. I'm half embarassed to say that the bear jokes make me kind of happy. That instead of something like "Your VPN is now on" it says "Rawr! Browsing from a secure tunnel in [country]"

Nachteile: This wasn't a problem for me, but I've seen other VPNs with more countries as options. Some even have specific cities. TunnelBear doesn't have this, but I've never needed it.

Really fun to switch browsing from a country to another country

Bewertet am 3.9.2019
Enxhi H.
Visual Designer
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Whenever I need to visit a website that is not available from the country I am surfing at that moment, I open TunnelBear, switch to another country and in a matter of seconds and graceful animations I am already seeing the website that didn't worked previously.

Vorteile: The product works really well, and works all time. I can switch browsing from one country to another within a few seconds and it always worked for me. I never had a downtime or anything like it. I really loved the animation of the bear going in the tunnel from one country to another and it really did that amazing job. I also liked they sometimes makes offer to get some free MBs to surf.

Nachteile: Maybe the price for personal use is not affordable to everyone that I know, but overall sometimes there are offers to get some free MBs or GBs even!

VPN full of bears

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Josip L.
Sales Manager
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Some websites are in my country geo-blocked like Hulu or CBS. I solved this problem by using TunnelBear. It works flawlessly every time. I don't even notice I am using a VPN because the speed of download and upload is almost the same as my carrier provide.

Vorteile: TunnelBear is a fantastic VPN service with easy to use interface which has a lot of sweet little bears all around menus. When you press to turn on the button you are greeted with a nice animation of a bear digging a tunnel from your country to a selected country. Their dedication to those little details and overall quality of service is what makes TunnelBear the best VPN. If you bought their subscription because the free plan doesn't meet your requirements then you can enjoy their VPN service on all your devices. The mobile app has some features that other competitors still don't have. One example is VigilantBear - this stops all your internet connection if it becomes unstable and you are likely to be reconnected so there won't be any privacy leaks. Also, in their terms of service is written that they don't keep or sell your browsing history and other data as some other companies do. So, if you are very vigilant about your internet privacy TunnelBear is a must-go choice.

Nachteile: The only downside of TunnelBear is their pricing if you choose monthly plan but most of the users usually choose year plan so they don't have to bother with that and usually with a monthly plan there is a lot more saving. In TunnelBear is this enormous 50%.

Best VPN available today

Bewertet am 16.1.2019
Gayland S.
Personalwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started out using their free minutes and was hooked immediately. I had questions and contacted customer service which was a very pleasant experience. I have had zero problems and feel very confident that my online use is private and secure.

Vorteile: First, the financial side. The prices on TunnelBear are some of the best available. In addition, they give you free time. Secondly, it is extremely secure and is very user friendly. Also, their customer service is excellent.

Nachteile: I would like for the font to be a little larger.

TunnelBear review

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Malith V.
Assistant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use tunnelbear for 6 or 8 months and I recommend it to my friend.

Vorteile: Tunnelbear is a famous VPN software it's fast and accurate.
500mb free for evey account for a month.
It's a user friendly application.

Nachteile: Free usage isn't enough. They should give at least 5gb when compare with others.
Their customer support isn't that good.

Easiest to use VPN Service with bear puns included

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Héctor A.
CEO / Lead Architect

Kommentare: Best UI in a VPN Client, Easy to use and fast to connect, if you're an advance user some options will not be available and you cannot go wrong with this one.

Vorteile: It was really easy to use and setup, the UI was excellent, variety of countries to use, it connected really quick, and the price is right.

Nachteile: Lack of advance options in comparison to PIA and that McAfee acquired them about 2 years ago, for some people that might be bad but the product itself it's been amazing and you cannot torrent with it.

Simple, easy, functional, and fun!

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Randall H.
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have such a great experience using TunnelBear, especially when I'm on travel to other countries. The free version is probably good enough for the average user, but I would definitely recommend getting the paid version for long term use!

Vorteile: When on travel to other countries, we would often get blocked from accessing sites or videos that we would normally be able to watch. I tried using other VPN clients, but none of them worked even though I was able to select the country. TunnelBear came as a surprise to me, as it was easy to install, it comes with a fun and creative interface with literal tunnels appearing on the map, and when you click on them you see a bear go to that place and make a funny "rawr!" sound. But beside the cuteness, TunnelBear worked like a charm in hiding my IP address and effortlessly connected me to that country. I was able to use the internet as if I was in that country, and without any network slowdowns. I did not experience any connection drops even after being connected for a long time, as opposed to other VPNs. I've only used the free version, but I am heavily considering purchasing the paid version as it is very affordable, and honestly it is just that good!

Nachteile: I don't really have anything negative to say. TunnelBear did not let me down when I needed a good VPN solution.

I am in Venezuela and anywhere thanks to this application.

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Juan carlos J.
Profesor

Vorteile: Many applications where you work on the Internet are full of Venezuelan participants due to the economic situation that crosses the country, so many times I wanted to enter these pages and to identify my IP reject me alleging that Venezuelan quotas are full, but They invite us to change the IP to be part of their team, that's why I started using TUNNEL BEAR, because it allows me to change my IP in an easy, fast and virtual way without having to download any application, just open an account in the page, it is programmed and instantly my IP changes, I think it's great.

Nachteile: I have no disadvantages that adding the application works for the purpose I need it, I consider it very good and I recommend it.

A secure and powerful VPN service

Bewertet am 2.12.2018
Claire N.
Business Development Manager
Informationsdienst, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I love its functionalities as it is running great and very helpful with my work. My experience tells Tunnel Bear is the best VPN service provider that is not even easy to use but also work faster than other VPNs available in the market.

Vorteile: If I talk about pros, i would say it is extremely easy to use both on computer as well as on mobile phones. Love everything about this software. The thing I like about Tunnel bear is the amount of servers it provides in several countries. I have been using this software for a long time. I use it when I have to research on projects and my server does not allow the website to be opened.

Nachteile: Sometimes hindrance occur in connection due to which system gets slow and also sites take too long time for loading but it happens sometimes otherwise it works fantastically and provides us secure connection.

Security is important!

Bewertet am 22.4.2019
Jordan M.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I run a Photography Studio and keeping photos of clients safe and secure is vital. Online delivery of images is 100% of the time how we do things and keeping that information secure for only the client is a must. TunnelBear helps keep it that way. I can actually keep true to the Privacy Policy I have with clients!

Vorteile: TunnelBear is invisible! You might think that is a Con, but you would be wrong. Setup was quick and easy. I don't need to maintain it or anything, just let it do its work.

Nachteile: Pricey, I wish services like this would be cheaper. It's another monthly subscription alongside the other 10+ subscriptions you have.

Instantly browse from different countries

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Senior Investigator
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It was so fast and easy to browse from a different country, that I really enjoyed the software. My son installed it on my computer more than 2 years ago and taught me how to use it, and that was easy to remember. Everytime I would stumble on something that wasn't available from the country I was currently browsing, I just switched to a different country and access any material online.

Nachteile: The average free space is limited and you have to do some work like sharing their product on twitter to get some extra space.

Excellent option for easy access

Bewertet am 10.1.2019
Sean L.
Social Media Manager/Marketing & End-User Support
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While it was in use it was a great option for us. It could be a great solution for many businesses. We grew and had to change what software/provider we went with. But it's very straight forward and not overly technical.

Vorteile: In the early days of the business, this was great because it's simple and easy to use. One price, easy to understand. The whole office could use it and didn't require too much technicality. As we grew it had to be replaced.

Nachteile: I won't say it's slow, because it isn't slow by any means. It just became not enough for our needs. This is why I recommend it for smaller needs.