Über Pay HOA

The new standard in HOA management.

Erfahre mehr über Pay HOA

Samuel G.
Business Development Manager
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2020

"Give PAYHOA a shot for community management. You will be hooked. Great Customer Service!"

Kommentare: My overall experience has been Amazing. PAYHOA offers great value, wonderful customer service, and support, and the overall ease of use makes this a no-brainer. I did vast amounts of research for Community Management software and we are very pleased we selected PAYHOA. We plan to use them for a long time to come. Thanks again to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for always being available to help when we have a question!

Vorteile: The ease of use and the ability to efficiently communicate to residents of an HOA. This software has made managing an HOA so much easier for us. You get great, personalized service and speedy responses to all of your questions. You never feel like you are left alone to figure it out by yourself.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has made this system much less intimidating by being there every step of the way to help if we have questions. People like her make this software worth it!

Nachteile: This is seldom a problem, but I have noticed that the system can run slow on certain days. I feel like the violation process could be streamlined as well if there was a mobile version so you could record violations in real-time while out on inspections. It would be great to be able to upload photos instantly.

von Pay HOA an 29.5.2020

Sam,

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and your feedback!

• Bewertet am 21.5.2020
David P.
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.5.2019

"Self Managed HOA "

Kommentare: Not all residents participate in the meetings but are nonetheless expecting to be made known the happenings of the HOA. Since we are self-managed, the software has been able to increase the ability for the board to communicate more effectively with the members. Also the members having their own account and portal to pay online is a huge time saver in accounting. It also gets them more involved.

Vorteile: The best part of the software is the simple UI with the abundance of features need to self manage a small single family HOA with less than 100 units, all in one place. It has and will continue to greatly improve communication and ease accounting tasks. The technical support when I have run into some bugs has been as I expect, outstanding. THe ability to download CSV files is awesome.

Nachteile: The software has had some bugs with the PDF mailer and identical transactions being deleted. It also needs some accounting reports which are downloadable in formatted version and not just .CSV files; something immediately presentable to a person. The UI in Violations is not quite clear that there is a process; create, submit, and then resolution.

David,

Thanks for the review and the really helpful feedback! We are about to release an updated reporting module that will provide additional accounting reports and PDF versions of each! We appreciate your business!

• Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Randy B.
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2019

"A good start for a management solution"

Kommentare: I inherited PayHOA from a previous board who did not make sound business decisions. If this system were not in place when I joined the board of directors, I would not adopt it. This solution does not meet the needs of our HOA. However, there would be more pain on my part to transition to something else, so we will continue to use it.

Vorteile: I like the electronic Invoice feature and the ability for members to pay via card, via debit of account or by offline check. I also like the unified message center that maintains a history of emails to members and tracks if an email has been viewed

Nachteile: I did not like the difficult task of applying interest on unpaid balances. It was difficult to show the open balance carried forward while adding a late fee on open balance. Printing an account history was a work around, but even this document needed modification as not to imply that the interest charge was the only outstanding balance.

von Pay HOA an 9.5.2019

Hi Randy,

I'm very sorry to hear that the platform is not meeting your expectations. I'm happy to jump on a call to better understand the issues you're having and create a solution for you. I'll reach out directly to schedule a meeting.

Matthew H.
  • Bewertet am 4.9.2019

"Great for Self Managed HOA's"

Kommentare: This so far has been a great one stop shop to manage our HOA with ease

Vorteile: I am the president of our HOA for about 65 homes and we recently decided to move to a self managed HOA. I participated in free trials for almost every major product available on Capterra. Without a doubt, PayHOA's interface was the easiest to learn and sell to the other board members. We have identified a few bugs in the system, but working with support has been a breeze in getting them fixed. It really seems like the tool is being improved on a regular basis. This is not some tool that was created and is just sitting back collecting dust. It's a very interactive and powerful tool that gives you just about anything you can think of. And if it's not there, the support team listens to ideas to see if it can be implemented. So far our community has welcomed this upgrade and it has allowed the Board to easily support our residents with less time than it did managing our management company.

Nachteile: The financial tools and reporting requires some work. I'm sure our Bank's outdated online banking system is a big factor in this. There are also many free online tools that can help cover any ground that this tool misses. I also feel that the online payment fees are not competitive either. It would be nice if there was a way to link your banks system to this to avoid these charges...

von Pay HOA an 9.9.2019

Matt,

Thank you for the review! I really appreciate the feedback you've provided -- it really helps us to continue improving the product!

• Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Anne M.
Accounting Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.5.2019

"One Stop Management"

Kommentare: After “interviewing” a few companies, PayHOA was by far the most friendly, informative, cost effective and user friendly program. I have a few communities that range from 50 doors up to 250+ doors and PayHOA has been able to fit our needs for all of them. The fees seemed to be very comparable to the other programs, so it all came down to how easy is this going to be to use? I didn’t want to ADD any more time than I was already spending on excel spreadsheet work. PayHOA has delivered on all that I was looking for. Customer Support is always quick and responsive, and if they can't help at that moment, the programming support turnaround hasn't been more than a business day. Very satisfied with this program!

Vorteile: The software is very user friendly and has all of the features that I was looking for.

Nachteile: I wish that the Financial reporting feature was a bit more form driven. Using the simplistic P&L that PayHOA contains, I have an easy work-around for the various needs of my HOA Board Reporting. This is a wish-list item for me - I'd love to be able to print out a GAAP acceptable Income Statement and Balance Sheet.

von Pay HOA an 20.5.2019

Anne,

Thank you for the review and really helpful feedback! We are about to release a reports upgrade that should solve the reports work around! I'll circle back with you as soon as it's live on the site!

• Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Harry b. J.
  • Bewertet am 20.5.2020

"Not a satisfied customer"

Kommentare: Onboarding was horrible. Tutorial was easy to follow.

Vorteile: Affordability, however you pay for what you get.

Nachteile: Cancelation on their pdf mailer. They say you have 5min to cancel, however there is no option for you to cancel as the user. So, if I'm working late I need to make sure that I wait the following day to contact them just in case I need to cancel. And that's if they pick up due to the coronavirus. Unfortunately, I have already committed with my HOA to this software. If that wasn't the case I would go to tops.

von Pay HOA an 29.5.2020

Hi Harry,

I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our customer support team and our platform.

I do see that you emailed us to cancel a PDF mailer the day after it was initiated. Unfortunately, our mailer already had the job in production and could not cancel it. I'll make sure we add some language to the confirmation page to make it clearer that submissions are final.

We are looking at other direct mailers that offer more flexibility for cancellation, but it's a difficult balance because our clients also want their mailers put in the mail as quickly as possible and cancellation windows slow that process.

I see that we offered a $150 credit to your account to help offset the inconvenience. I am happy to work with you to make sure you are made whole and I hope that you will give PayHOA another chance to show our value. Feel free to email me directly at mike@payhoa.com to discuss further.

• Bewertet am 20.5.2020
David S.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

"PayHOA is Great"

Vorteile: We have found that PayHOA has all the right tools for our small 41 unit HOA

Nachteile: It takes some time for our owners to get comfortable with using the product. Mainly because they are not use to using an on-line portal. The connection to our owners bank accounts to use the e-check feature needs a better explanation for how not do require a users login credentials to setup a bank account link

David,

Thank you for the review! Your comments regarding the e-check workflow are really helpful! I'll pass those along to our development team!

Dominick S.
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.12.2016

"Great & easy to use, wonderful customer service "

Kommentare: I had gotten a free trial of the program as treasurer of a fraternity. It is such an easy system to use that incorporates many different features in regards to collecting dues. My favourite part was the ability to use LegFi to send emails to members who weren't paying dues, acting as a collection agency. Keeping track of dues paid and due dates was very convinient, and they made it so you could see on your homepage what your organization's collections looked like. It was super easy to set up for me and for the members of my organization, and the workers at LegFi were there to help me through the whole way. I cannot stress how wonderful the customer service was. I had an issue and called the phone number and was able to speak directly to the president. He was extremely understanding, courteous, and very helpful. These are really down to earth people who want to help your organization, financials and beyond. If you are an organization looking to utilize a financial collections service, I would have no reservations in recommending LegFi

Vorteile: Ease of use, customer service

Nachteile: Spotty service, sometimes the website was down, but it didn't really create an issue for me as I could just try again later

• Bewertet am 28.12.2016
Iris F.
Board President
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Board President "

Kommentare: We collect homeowners association fees, the intuitive system allows us to obtain data and monitor expenses and communicate with owners. The Board loves it!

Vorteile: The most great experience was the service during our transition to the new portal. The system ease of use, real time, and features with several options are available are secondary.

Nachteile: Not applicable, new features are on the horizon.

Hi Iris,

Thank you for the review! I'm glad your Board and association members are finding PayHOA helpful!

Caleb C.
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2015

"Use of legfi for fraternity chapter finances "

Kommentare: Love the simple and helpful website. Very easy for members to make payments and track charges, and it is also great to use as an administer. Sending out charges, recording payments, seeing an overview of each semester's finances, looking at past semesters, and easily messaging members are all available tools for chapter officers. Parents can also easily access and use legfi' website. The people at legfi are also very nice and helpful. The only issue we have had is legfi invoicing members. Many times our members do not receive invoices or they show up late.

Hilary B.
Executive Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2019

"Great Value, Great Customer Service"

Kommentare: The staff is very responsive to our questions. They are doing a great job of prioritizing our feature requests and making little tweaks to the system that improve the user experience.

Vorteile: The software was very easy to implement. PayHOA uploaded all our data smoothly. This software package had the functionality we wanted. We love that we can receive online payments and send mailings directly to our residents via this software.

Nachteile: There are times when the software seems to lag. Response time when using a smart phone is a bit slow.

von Pay HOA an 14.5.2019

Hilary,

Thank you for the review! We've been working behind the scenes to speed up the mobile views and you should see an increase in the next 30 days! We appreciate the really helpful feedback!

Derek S.
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2015

"Legacy Financial (LegFi) Customer Review"

Kommentare: I am the treasurer of me fraternity at Michigan State University and we just wrapped up our first semester using your service. We decided to employ your product for a couple key reasons. We wanted the collection support, the ability to pay charges online, and the tax help the you provide through file990.org. Bad News first:
You failed to have the proper tax form on your website. I called numerous times between mid March and when our taxes were due in mid May. Time and time again I was assured that the form would be provided prior to tax day, but unfortunately it never was. Luckily, one of the brothers is an had just completed an internship at Grant Thornton, otherwise I would have been helpless. To be blunt, we feel like we wasted money on a service that couldn't deliver. Furthermore, your software doesn't provide enough tools, especially the budget builder. We budget on a semester -by-semester basis and I just don't have enough freedom to build a functional budget based on our needs with the current version.
Now the good news:
For the most part, your customer service was exceptional. Every call was informative and the operators did a fine job assisting me to the best of their abilities.
General tips:
- Get file990.org running more smoothly. This is one of the primary reasons why fraternities employ your service and it needs to be functional if we are to continue to do so.
- Finalize this update that your customer service told me about. He shared his screen to give me a peek at the beta and I was impressed. The earlier you get this out before fall semester begins the better.
In conclusion, our first semester with Legfi wasn't exactly smooth sailing but there is certainly potential for improvement. Hope this review is helpful.

von Pay HOA an 13.5.2019

Thank you for the feedback. We are always working hard to improve the customer experience and I'll take these notes directly to our tech team.

Alex S.
Associate
Buchhaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.2.2017

"Legfi Review"

Kommentare: Honestly legfi kinda sucked. The only thing it was good for was ease of tax reporting. Otherwise it was a pain to keep balances up to date and often they would go negative for no apparent reason and overall was just a hassle. I would keep track of due payments on my own and moved people away from paying on the website due to high credit card fees while other vendors have lower fees. Even venmo is free for P2P transfers, not sure why this was not an option with legfi.

Vorteile: The ease of tax reporting

Nachteile: The difficulties in keeping balances up to date along with system glitches and high credit fees.

von Legacy Financial an 26.2.2017

Hi Alex,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on LegFi. I would love to hop on a quick call to understand a little more about what was happening with your balances going negative.

Unfortunately, we can't offer person to person transfers because your chapter is a nonprofit corporation with an EIN. I would be very careful running the chapter's revenue through a personal account, as it opens you up to tremendous tax and personal liability. If you'd like to discuss further, I would love to continue the conversation via email or phone.

Founder | LegFi.com
Mike@LegFi.com
859-309-3640

• Bewertet am 24.2.2017
Samuel A.
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2015

"I am quite happy with the product however I still think further tweaking is needed in the UI area. "

Kommentare: Pros: The customer service is great. Very timely responses. Cons: There are great features that I still do not know how to use. I would recommend improving your tutorial session or making a formal tutorial video showing how to access all of the great features instead of having to email your company rep every time I want to learn how to use a new feature. Also, selecting members to apply specific charges to is very difficult. The UI seems quite outdated and limited. Additionally, adjusting charges and retracting charges seems unnecessarily difficult and there have been times that I have tried to credit people back and it will not let me take off charges since they have already paid off a specific charge. Overall, it is a big step up from where we were before using LegFi. I just think it can be made with more intuitive features and have a better UI.

Marco polo C.
  • Bewertet am 1.12.2015

"pretty good, would be nice to have a mobile app."

Kommentare: Great ease of use. it's easy to find everything. I do wish there was a mobile app to make it easier to use on the go. Also, if there was a way to cancel a payment that wasnt intended to go through or went to the wrong charge. Actually, it would be useful if "load" money onto our account and from there we can select which parts of our dues we would like to apply them too.

von Legacy Financial an 1.12.2015

Hey Marco Polo,

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. This really helps us improve the product and user experience.

I wanted to point out that you can delete any payments that are recorded locally on the view all payments page, just not credit card or e-check payments.

Also, when you make a payment, you can select which charges you want to pay by checking the selection box next to each charge.

I hope that helps!

• Bewertet am 1.12.2015
Matt S.
  • Bewertet am 29.6.2015

"Fine Tuning"

Kommentare: The very basic point of legfi is dues collection, that works fine. Everything else you are adding onto the service needs improved. Pros:
Assigning dues & fines, setting up payment plans, manual payment entry all works very well and easily.
Cons:
Budgets need to be able to be viewed by directors and this is not possible in legfi. I would also like to see this section add some expense reporting add-ons such as attaching a digital receipt (pdf).
Your credit card/echeck charges are not competitive at all. We will not even be using them for events. Not allowing us to add the charge onto the purchaser in the basic account is reason enough to use another service. We previously used the event tickets, however there are just better options out there such as square. Thank you for taking this into consideration.

• Quelle des Nutzers
  • Bewertet am 29.6.2015
Lisa W.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.5.2019

"Morningview"

Kommentare: Payment of dues seems to be an ease with this software

Vorteile: Easy of payment for all of the association

Nachteile: Issues with the savings account not fixed

von Pay HOA an 15.5.2019

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the review! I will circle back with our development team regarding the savings account link!

• Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Ty S.
Former Treasurer

"Fun to setip"

Kommentare: I was responsible for setting up a payment program for our fraternity. After researching multiple platforms to choose from I went with The company that had the most to offer and would save us the most money and that was Legfi. They were very helpful in explaining to me what was available at what price and how much they were willing to help and make sure we were taken care of. This was before I decided to go with this company. Right then and there I knew I was going to be in safe hands. Some cons, which were not many, was it took a little while and a couple times to explain to the other brothers how to use it but after a few times it wasn't a problem at all and has made everything way easier.

Matt O.

"Content with it"

Kommentare: As the fraternity treasurer, I am the admin on the account. A few things that I would like to see changed would be... Make editing charges easier and more straightforward. When I have to do this, I am never sure if I did it correctly. Also, when people pay charges online, it automatically pays the charge that has been on the longest, first, and then works its way down the list of charges. So if someone has two charges, one that was due on feb 25 for $30 and one that was due on march 4 for $500 and they only submit a payment of $500 to pay for the second charge, it comes up that they have paid for the first charge and still owe $30 for the charge due march 4.

Andrew W.
  • Bewertet am 26.6.2015

"Solid and Reliable, Difficult to Navigate"

Kommentare: LegFi excels at record keeping/account management. Members can easily pay online, and administrators can easily keep track and update profiles accordingly. There is, however, a bit of learning curve when first operating the site. Some functions are complex and a challenge to process at first; for example, creating events and recording payments for those who pay in person is confusing. Also, removing incorrect charges or payments is difficult and usually fixed by adding additional payments to simply balance out a user error. This may result in discrepancies between LegFi online records and actual records.

Jordan S.
Vice President of Finance
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2015

"LegFi: a necessity for any aspiring fraternity or sorority "

Kommentare: LegFi is a great system to both organize and accrue income or any organization. The whole program operates very clean and with its new updates is very easy to operate. While LegFi is a great product and operates well its one con is the "Collections" tab, the process of collections works well, however the account manager application needs work and it would be nice if the collections messages allowed more customization options. All in all LegFi is a wonderful tool for all organizations looking to operate clean and efficient, LegFi allows one to make charges, budget, improve collections and much more.

Shawn D.
Kappa Sigma Alumni Treasurer
  • Bewertet am 20.12.2017

"Great Experience"

Vorteile: I used this platform for about a year for our fraternity, specifically alumni relations. It was very easy to use and contact customer service for any type of help. Members can go in and make payments. It's involved without being that involved. Highly recommendable.

• Bewertet am 20.12.2017
Matthew S.
Vice President of Communications
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2015

"My fraternity just recently implemented this software and so far it has been great."

Kommentare: The pros of having LegFi are that all of he financials are so much more organized and put together however one of the major cons is that it is hard to mass text or communicate with members. Before LegFi, my fraternity used ChapterSpot which had a number that allowed users could text to mass message the rest of the members and that was much easier than going on the internet to mass message. However the internet system for mass messaging also didn't seem to work for us at times so it would be ideal for LegFi to implement some sort of mass texting system somewhat similar to ChapterSpot's.

Daniel C.

"Great Experience"

Kommentare: I've had a great experience using LegFi. The staff is very professional and make sure that everything runs smoothly and are there to answer any questions one may have. As the former treasurer of my fraternity I was made to feel like an important client who's time was valuable, which is something that you don't experience very often as a college student. The only thing I can really complain about is that I sometimes received too many emails from LegFi that were not very important. Otherwise, great experience, great company. Thanks!

Vincent H.
  • Bewertet am 26.6.2015

"Makes a Hard Job, Simple"

Kommentare: LegFi has changed the way my fraternity works when it comes to payments. Not only does it make dues collections simple, but it also makes donations simple as well. Alumni don't always enjoy sending in cash, LegFi simplifies that; by having a charge of $100 (for an alumni event), Legfi makes it easy for alumni to put in their contribution and know exactly where it is going (Straight into our fraternities bank account). In the eyes of my chapter, LegFi has made us feel more advanced, more secure, and more reliable than ever.