Airtable Bewertungen

von Airtable

4.7/5
    4.6/5

About Airtable

Airtable ist die Datenbank, die jeder mit einer ansprechenden Tabellen-Oberfläche verwenden kann.

Erfahre mehr über Airtable

Devlyn M.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2018

"A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!"

Kommentare: I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features. I'm currently using it for:
-production queue
-development outlines and goal setting
- inventory tracking linked with vendor management
- galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook
- managing home chores and tasks
- keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

Vorteile: I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features. It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook. The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include. You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

Nachteile: It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level. One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

• Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Steve M.
Director of Digital Marketing
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.12.2019

"Only limited by your time and creativity"

Kommentare: We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Vorteile: Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Nachteile: With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers.
A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

• Bewertet am 30.12.2019
Damian Y.
Admin
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.1.2020

"Power of a database, ease-of-use as a spreadsheet"

Kommentare: I have used it to track everything from people and their files (just attach it to their record!) to projects and attendance. It is easy and when I share it with others, I do not have to explain it to them, almost all of instinctively figure it out - it is that simple! So far I have got two whole organization to switch to AirTable from other famous products.

Vorteile: 1. I Like the point and click linking of info on one tab to info on the same or another tab
2. The controlled vocabulary function (selection of values)
3. one to one and one to many relationships handled seamlessly (multiple / single select)
4. Formulas are easy to use
5. Rolls up summarise linked data in the linked records
6. Count give a count of the # of linked records
7. Look up function carries information from the link records
8. You can embed whole files as an attachment direction linked to the record

Nachteile: 1. We have to pay $20/user/month to use the blocks. While it saves a lot of time, we only use a few blocks
2. Great for small teams but gets expensive for larger teams as cost is per user.

Senior Producer
Computerspiele
  • Bewertet am 17.7.2018

"Airtable is one to watch in the future"

Kommentare: Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

Vorteile: When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks. However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked. What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do. I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features. Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

Nachteile: Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well. It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use) Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

• Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Muneeb K.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Bewertet am 22.12.2019

"Excel on Steroids"

Kommentare: We're are looking for a collaborative tool that can help the team task management. We used a number of tools but settled with Airtable. It is very simple to learn due to its similarity with excel. Now our entire company is using it to collaborate on different projects.

Vorteile: They's a lot you can achieve with Airtable. Templates makes it easy to customize for different needs. It's a good tool for simple scheduling and task management.

Nachteile: I would like to setup email reminder based upon dates or certain conditions of a cell. Right now it lacks the ability to do it.

• Bewertet am 22.12.2019
Tyler A.
Copywriter
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2019

"Great organizational tool (once it's set up)"

Kommentare: I've used AirTable for over a year now and it has grown on me quite a bit. Once everything is set up, it's easy to stay organized, keep track of projects, and communicate with the rest of the team.

Vorteile: It's very easy to keep track of my projects and communicate with other stakeholders all within the same platform. There's a lot of helpful customization you can do within project cards. For example, we put opportunity briefs within the project card rather than having to link to an external Google doc. In other words, you can put everything you need in the same place.

Nachteile: I remember being very confused at the beginning with AirTable. It operates sort of like an Excel Spreadsheet and all those codes and formulas certainly overwhelm. Thankfully I had a Project Manager set everything up. Without her, it would have been a headache to set everything up from scratch. Also, the mobile app isn't great. In my experience, it's much more difficult to organize from the mobile view.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Ariel S.
QA Analyst
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Convenient for simple data storage"

Kommentare: Overall have switched from Google Sheets to Airtable for a lot of my data storage needs and I will continue using it.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to set up a simple database and enter data. The formulas function allows some manipulation of data as well.

Nachteile: The mobile version for phones could be a little better - for instance, I would like to be able to check a checkbox without opening up each entry individually, and I would like to be able to use the "gallery" view. Relationships between tables also get a little clunky, but I'm not sure if that's different from a SQL database, since this is the only software where I have actually created and maintained databases, not just searched and edited.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Epiphany P.
Student Advisor
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.11.2019

"Must have for data enthusiasts "

Kommentare: Airtable has allowed me to track applicant data more dynamically, and has allowed me to keep a pretty tight sales pipeline. I've also been able to use it for personal projects, and I love that I can share it with my team.

Vorteile: Airtable is a wonderful, content and feature rich software that allows you to see and track data in new ways. It's easy enough for even a novice user, but powerful enough to keep even a data pro satisfied. The software also plays nicely with Zapier, so the sky is the limit when it comes to functionality and automation.

Nachteile: The advanced features ("blocks") are only available on a pro plan, which is a bit frustrating, as some of the blocks come as basic features with other programs. Although you can do a lot with your data, in order to take it to the next step, you'll need to have a pro plan.

• Bewertet am 21.11.2019
Kyland E.
Director of Marketing
  • Bewertet am 9.2.2020

"Absolute Perfection"

Kommentare: Fantastic, wouldn't recommend any other software to keep a team organized.

Vorteile: My company runs on Airtable. We are an assignment based company and Airtable allows us to see who is working on what project, create deadlines, and keep up with individual team members throughout the process.

Nachteile: There's very little I dislike. If an improvement could be made, it would be a purely aesthetic makeover.

• Bewertet am 9.2.2020
Skyler B.
Web Designer, Developer, and Owner
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 9.11.2019

"Airtable Is A Fun Alternative To Excel!"

Kommentare: I use Airtable for various data entry tasks and big picture overviews. From things like contacts to A/B testing, it makes data very clear and easy to parse.

Vorteile: Airtable makes spreadsheets almost fun. It makes organizing data clear, accessible, and much more legible than the plain gray and black from other programs. I cannot see myself going back to plain old spreadsheets any time soon.

Nachteile: I would love to see Airtable bring in more templates. That is the only place where Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets seem to have a leg up on them. It's a hassle to get my own going and the custom templates by the developers always end up looking better anyway.

• Bewertet am 9.11.2019
Quality Rater
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Main tool"

Kommentare: When I found airtable I was struggling to organize all the different projects in my world and business. It was a nightmare that lasted years. Evernote held precious banking information, google had docs, diigo held bookmarks and page notes, and I was using mind map software for planning. When I had to add inventory management to my daily routines, I knew I needed a dedicated database structure and tried several on the market. After making my rounds through many, I choose Notion for its price. A few months later I realized how much more efficient airtable was for my needs and took the plunge. The upgrade was worth it. I am more productive now and getting more data organized than every before with 10 other tools. Thank you airtable.

Vorteile: Easy start.
Speedy app.
Flexible uses.
Customizable.
Scalable. Ramp it up to any size/ use.
Drag and drop fields, input, and images from other sources.
Constantly evolving.
Strong learning resources available.

Nachteile: Pricing options. If you need just one block the only option is $20 a month. There needs to a one or two block option available at the first tier $10 a month. But now that I have to say now that I have all those blocks, I am finding new ways to use them.

• Bewertet am 11.2.2020
Theresa E.
VP of Operations
  • Bewertet am 16.1.2020

"Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards"

Kommentare: By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

Vorteile: This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

Nachteile: There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.11.2019

"So close to perfect!"

Kommentare: Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Vorteile: Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep track of all my tasks involved in coordinating the events. I also like how easily you can share it with others and work on it with others. The interface is clean and works well for me both on my desktop and tablet. The last thing I like most about this software is the ability to have an attachment field. When coordinating travel for myself and others, I appreciate being able to attach our flight itineraries, travel approvals, and any other important documents directly to the table. It's a great way to keep it all in one place.

Nachteile: Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis. Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

• Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.8.2019

"AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel"

Kommentare: My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

Vorteile: I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

Nachteile: It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

• Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Emma M.
Director of Communication
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2019

"A daily godsend"

Kommentare: So far it's a golden resource for us. I use it every day for member tracking, marketing planning, storing up a cache of future content, assigning team members as leads for stories/members/etc. I really, REALLY hope this program sticks around because it's dead useful for us in so many arenas.

Vorteile: I love the customization options. I also really appreciate the aesthetics, how easy it is to hide/unhide/move fields, the filter abilities, the blocks for bulk editing, the linking between records, and so so much more.

Nachteile: There are still some pieces missing that would be super useful for us (the ability to read a cell's contents and apply if-then results and not just count the contents, for instance). And it can get expensive quickly if you have a big team.

• Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Delia S.
Startup founder
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2019

"Why I use Airtable to store my data"

Kommentare: I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered. Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

Vorteile: Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder). Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code. It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc. You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

Nachteile: When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills.

• Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Patricia S.
Writer & Designer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.4.2019

"Game changer"

Kommentare: Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Vorteile: When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list. Colored labels, grouping, filtering, view options, etc. But you have no idea what a big difference they make! Airtable makes it possible to put in all the data you have, but the key to its success is it lets you filter it down to only the essential information you need to see to make the decisions in front of you. It's the database that actually helps with decision-making. And the more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

Nachteile: There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

• Bewertet am 29.4.2019
Ing siang T.
Engineering Officer
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2018

"Early User and a Returning Addict"

Kommentare: Overall I am a super fan of Airtable - first discovered, fell in love, and told everyone I knew about Airtable 3-4 years ago, IIRC when they first appear on Product Hunt. Build a whole bunch of bases to manage my person life (book list, financial trackers, a large inter-linked base to track 3D printing activities for a local maker space etc.). Stopped using it for awhile because I was focusing on my day job for a few years, before coming back to do side projects and businesses. Ended up build a tracker for my subscription business, with automated renewal and receipt email generation via Zapier. Airtable is not perfect but it made a non-coder me into someone who can create a solution that’s “almost there”. I always tell people - Airtable can’t do everything (like a fully customized software) but 80% of your need can be satisfied by Airtable with 20% of effort, broadly speaking. I also love their Customer Services - while it is no longer the Airtable 2-3 years ago where I just chat using the chat tool (Intercom or..?) and ask UX related questions as they come to me (simple questions, not too different from asking a coworker in your office) and even caught the CEO Howie Lou a few times; it is still a very well supported software/ company where the CS team actually know the system really well and does’t just shove canned responses in your face. Overall, lots of love for Airtable!

Vorteile: Ease of use, basically a database without the complexity of being one. No more managing of tabulated data via spreadsheet or simple table in word processing software. I also like the fact that I can do data entry in expanded and table views (I have a base called “Ideas”, where each column correspond to an area of interest in idea generation, e.g. Problem, Market, Competition, Elevator Pitch etc. - which the preferred data entry method is in the Expanded Jew; where as for base such as my “Bank Transactions Tracker”, the table field is better. I also like how they aren’t just focusing on being American (yay to company that bother to cater to ALL date format under the sky) although for some other colum type they haven’t got down to it yet (telephone number etc.). Personally I am a big fan of the Pro feature Blocks, which I used to create performace dashboards for my freelance subscription business. The Blocks feature is the only reason I opt to pay, although I am paying mostly out of my credits accumulated during the earlier days of Airtable. Also like the community that’s building on top of it, forum is very active and lots of power users to learn from. Combine with with other IaaS tool such as Zapier and you get a really powerful tool.

Nachteile: Insufficient control (can be easy to make mistake such as accidental typing etc.), lack of data validation (upon data entry), and interface could use more customization (e.g. lots of empty/white spaces in Card views, can’t have multiple lines in field header etc.).

• Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Brett W.
Lead Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 28.8.2018

"Airtable is the Spreadsheet (and more) Application Everyone Needs"

Kommentare: As I mentioned before, I am now using the application for QA and bug tracking, but have also used it for task tracking on collaborative projects I work on, which I've found to be really effective. I run my own business and am the only employee, so I don't need a full fledged project management solution and found this to be a great alternative when working with other companies that don't use one for web development, either. Since Airtable also provides different ways to view data (Grid, Form, Gallery, Calendar, Kanban) the ways in which this product can be used are infinite. There's even a mobile app!

Vorteile: As an early adopter of Airtable, I've seen the program grow from a more functional and intuitive version of Excel to a full fledged application that can do anything from spreadsheet management to producing a CRM or project workflow. Initially, I used the application for QA and bug tracking, but now I use it for inventory for art I collect (I can even include photos for visual reference), lead tracking and generation, and a few other practical things. The more I use Airtable, the more I'm impressed with how much potential the application has to positively impact any business, organization, or individual.

Nachteile: For first time users, it can be a bit intimidating, especially if checking out the application, casually. One great resource that Airtable introduced is Airtable Universe, which highlights and demonstrates working and real examples of how companies and industries are using Airtable to track deadlines, scheduling, and a slew of other use cases. I would recommend that as the starting point for any novice of the application or anyone interested in giving it a try.

• Bewertet am 28.8.2018
Miguel G.
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 24.6.2018

"The Evolution Of The Spreadsheet"

Kommentare: Airtable is a refreshing new look at what spreadsheets can be. It is great for organizations with varying degrees of user experiences with spreadsheets. And if your organization uses spreadsheets quite extensively, then this might be a great alternative. As mentioned in Cons, the proprietary nature of Airtable means that if you need to keep a standalone copy in a file format, you will not be able to do so. You can import those current spreadsheets, but once manipulated and modified in Airtable, you must continue using it. So, archival files are not possible. Something to consider, as some enterprise environment do like to keep electronic files locally archived for attachment to specific documentations. Airtable might not be that solution.

Vorteile: Spreadsheets are great because of their flexibility. But most of its power lies behind a vast library of functions that users must have a good understanding about its syntax and how to use it. Add to that the fact that they are not exactly pretty to look at. The solution lies with Airtable. Coined as part spreadsheet and part database, it provides a new way of displaying vital information without all the hassles of setting up a spreadsheet. For starters, Airtable offers a vast array of templates and layouts to choose from. If you are proficient, or the templates simply do not provide you with the necessary layout, you can start one from scratch. Maybe even create your own template. Airtable is like a high performance spreadsheet with a serious upgrade on its user interface. Even the user experience is something quite amazing. YOu add, remove or modify the columns and configure them to accept the data you need. It does all a spreadsheet can do, except that its coolest feature is its ability to go from a grid appearance, like your typical spreadsheet, to a form appearance, which resembles more of a database. Airtable offers a wide array of functionality in its free subscription level. Upgrades offer more customization options that enhance the functionality and appearance of your table. And to make the transition from regular old boring spreadsheets to Airtable, they offer importing of your data to start off with.

Nachteile: It is much easier than your typical spreadsheet, but if you are a true spreadsheet power user, you may find a bit of a lack in its functionality. Again, only if you are a power user, which most of us are really not when it comes to everything spreadsheets can do. There are limited hover over hints for the buttons and fields, so you need to really click on them to find out what they are used for. Novice spreadsheet users will still find a similar learning curve with Airtable, but because the core functionalities are visible from the top ribbon, it does make it just a bit easier to use. But, remember, there will still be a slight learning curve, especially with more advance features. Please note, it does well at importing those current spreadsheets, but Airtable is proprietary and online, and does not do well if you need to export it into a document for archival purposes.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 24.6.2018
Director of Operations and Product Development
Animation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.3.2018

"fantastic solution for information-oriented project management"

Vorteile: * lends itself well to building information tracking resources
* simple data-driven layout
* scalable project areas
my operations team uses airtable to manage a lot of information flow and have converted complex tracking resources into the airtable format. the fact that we now utilize the app for a lot of these solutions is a testament to its immediate strengths. i enjoy how airtable doesn't necessarily force me into any specific workflow, which has been the major reason why other project management solutions don't work--everyone has a different philosophy around project management.

Nachteile: * pricing model
* learning curve
* communication management
* lack of certain standard features
there are a lot of glaring pain points that my team encounters on a weekly basis which makes airtable, not necessarily the perfect solution but rather the best we've found so far. first off, airtable is too expensive for my company based specifically on their pricing model. to note, airtable charges per user per workspace. each member of my team manages specific projects related to a different area of the business. for ease of organization, we have a separate airtable workspace built to accomodate each employee. for example, we have a workspace for finance projects and a workspace for customer support projects. from a visual project management standpoint, this makes the most sense. sometimes our finance manager will need to engage and comment on a project base going on in the customer support workspace and vice versa. this engagement occurs daily. if you're a single user, incredibly small team or your company is client-based (where these costs would go into your billing), airtable's pricing model may not be much of a hinderance. there is a high learning curve when you get started. this is about a week of tutorials and deep-diving into the app. a lot of this time was spent modifying personal workflows to best utilize airtable. after that week of hair-pulling and a lot of cursing at our computer screens everything immediately became easier. one strong flaw in airtable is its team communication solutions. you have the ability to run comment strings on individual data rows, but an overall tab dedicated to general discussion would be immensely helpful to streamline discussion and reduce the amount of hunting/pecking for information. for a project management solution, airtable is fairly weak at offering seemingly standard task management features like scheduled notifications and workback timelines. after enough online digging, you can sometimes stumble upon a "good enough" solution. on this subject, archiving is not at all available, which is one of the more "seriously?" missing features.

• Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Project Manager & CSR
  • Bewertet am 10.10.2017

"Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs improvement."

Kommentare: We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Vorteile: Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose. We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then filter things out in a specific view that allows you to see only what you want is useful and makes it so you don't have to have multiple spreadsheets with the same data. For example we have an invoicing view, that's filtered easily to show costs. Then a post event inventory view where clients can see what they can use for next event. We also have a QC view where our team members can easily QC the product without all the unnecessary data in their view/way. We also use filters to easily show us what still needs to be approved and what is left to be produced for the event. It's a been a great way for us to manage large scale projects and our clients love it. Also, the fact that it has a phone app is helpful to us since we work events, we are constantly on the road traveling and not always at a computer.
The ability to download the spreadsheets is simple also, so when I need to create an XLS file to accompany our invoice, this is simple and easy for me to do.

Nachteile: The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer to be able to go and note/change info for one column and not be able to add/remove anything. For example they could go in and put "approved" for a line item that they approve for production, but can't change any cells not in that column. I'm not confident in their tech support at this time . Recently we had some data loss issues that created mass concern. We added data to specific cells in an existing spreadsheet, and the next day the data was gone. Airtable keeps record of any change in a cell and there was no record of us ever entering the data, like it never happened. We provided specific examples and their explanation of "packet loss" on our end makes zero sense. Based on data that we entered that day, we added a photo, then added a date, photo, then date... all the photos stuck, the dates did not, so it would mean that every other second a packet data loss happened? They still haven't given a suitable answer to this, and if you can't rely on the data you enter being there, that's made us think twice about moving to the paid version, which we were about to.

• Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Mathias E.
The Chewbacca of EdTech
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2017

"Helped us understand complex projects"

Kommentare: I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that. When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation. It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable. With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

Vorteile: The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc. Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it. We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes.
An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

Nachteile: I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

• Bewertet am 9.10.2017
Jamie W.
Coordinator of Production Services and Facilities
Hausmeisterservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2017

"Airtable is great at organizing complex data that you need to interact with dynamically"

Kommentare: Airtable saves us time, but it also saves us money. We're able to better manage resources when we can see how everything connects. That's what Airtable is great at. We had the data, but we were missing the lenses to put it in perspective. Having a column of dates in a spreadsheet is useful; being able to see those entries distributed on a calendar with a single click is a game-changer.

Vorteile: We've migrated several of our Operations Office processes to Airtable and couldn't be happier. Not only is Airtable easy to use, it's easy to integrate. It might not do everything we need, but by linking tools, like Zapier, it's so simple to manipulate data and let the data trigger actions in the other software that we use every day. For example, we've built a base to track key distribution for our 210,000 sq. ft. facility. We have a table with records for each of the 858 unique keys in our inventory, which links to a table where we track all of the keys issued to individuals. With filtered views, it's easy to see who has past due keys or which rooms are at the greatest security risk. And because it's all web-based, we don't have to worry about who checks in a key because everyone's base is updated in real time. As a relational database, Airtable lets you establish connections between two complex tables. We can click on a person to see all of the keys they've been issued, or we can click on a key to see all of the people who have it. Not only are our processes more efficient, they're actually more productive. Working from a standard spreadsheet, the type of reporting we're doing now would not be feasible. With Airtable, getting the answer is almost as easy as asking the question, and with the mobile app, I can ask the question wherever I am in the building--or outside of it.

Nachteile: Airtable has a great feature set as a relational database, particularly for the price and ease of use, but there are some limitations--not enough to cost a star in any one category though. The nine bases we've built so far were all things that we migrated from a spreadsheet system. From that perspective, Airtable is missing the ability to use conditional formatting and it's a little lean on available functions in the formula field. So far I've managed to find workarounds for almost everything, but they're not always the most elegant. Despite these limitations, we recently upgraded to an annual paid plan after six months on the free plan.

• Bewertet am 31.7.2017
Nick O.
Communications and Marketing Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.9.2019

"Airtable for Non-Profit Management"

Kommentare: With Airtable, our non-profit staff of ~25 employees went from chatting server locations of files over GChat to having a central location for event planning; communications and outreach planning and tracking; managing ~50 grants with thousands of individual deliverables per year; and coordinating a participatory research network. With Airtable, you can build a database or project management system without any prior database management or programming experience. You are, of course, limited by your own ability to design a system that works.

Vorteile: I like the ability to be able to customize a complex database/project management system without having to know any programming. It's familiar to users, because it looks kind of like Sheets or Excel, but the built in functionality makes it easier to use. We really like the chat on individual records, so when we have a conversation, we know exactly what it's about. We also like the ability to dynamically link records and therefore integrate all sorts of event planning and data management.

Nachteile: We'd like to see an ability to manage user access on a more granular level. We'd also like the ability to link bases.

• Bewertet am 16.9.2019