Easy way to save dollars spent on cloud

Bewertet am 20.10.2017
Samantha H.
Software Engineer I
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We had a reduction in cost due to the fact our instances were no longer running 24/7. While we could have scheduled the instances ourselves it would take additional engineering cycles to do the work. We have limited resources available so this is a major consideration when picking tasks.

Vorteile: The incredibly easy to use interface. Rather than spend time creating scripts and functions to start and stop our EC2 instances, we can open the ParkMyCloud application and set the schedule for the instance I only want running for a limited timeframe. If you label your instances well then there is no reason that anyone in your organization couldn't manage the schedules for your cloud servers.

Nachteile: The only negative for me has been the fact that GovCloud is not supported. Many of our workloads run in the region and it would be very beneficial for us to have them included in the application.

von ParkMyCloud an 20.2.2019

UPDATE 2/20/19
Hi Samantha - I want to let you know that we do now support AWS GovCloud! Please email us at support@parkmycloud.com to get set up.
---
Original Response:
Hi Samantha, thanks for the review and glad you are saving money using ParkMyCloud. We are looking into supporting GovCloud in the future and will keep you posted. If you have any other questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out directly.
-Katy

Great product, wish had more advanced features

Reed S.

Kommentare: I really appreciate the value that ParkMyCloud brings to us - it has saved us at least $/month since we started using it. I do wish however that the tools for analyzing sizing were more comprehensive - several competitors have agent-based models that analyze local instance usage and can give AWS sizing based on that, which seems to be a major feature that's lacking in ParkMyCloud. During a recent review, a competitor's product recommended an additional $/month in savings by shrinking AWS instance sizes, something ParkMyCloud doesn't presently have the ability to calculate effectively. However, as a tool that you can give to ANYONE in your organization, and have them be responsible for their own AWS costs, it is certainly unmatched. I've given it to execs who had no technical ability at all, and told them "here you go - you can only control your specific servers, design a power schedule that works for you", and they've done it with zero assistance. I do think it's a serious "miss" that you don't have the ability in the UI to specify which EC2 instances you do and don't want ParkMyCloud to manage (and thereby have to pay for). If you have instances that are always running, and you're happy with their sizing and not interested in analyzing those, it doesn't seem like you should have to pay ParkMyCloud for managing them.

von ParkMyCloud an 24.1.2017

Hi Reed, thanks so much for your review!

We are actually planning to add rightsizing functionality this year, and would like to get your input about this feature - I'll send you an email regarding that.

Regarding your last point, we determined that customers appreciate being able to see and manage all instances in a single dashboard, and built the pricing model around this assumption - so the cost per instance per month is lower than it would be if we charged only per instances parked. Additionally, some customers choose to separate instances into different AWS accounts based on whether they plan to manage those instances in ParkMyCloud or not. Thanks for your feedback on this!
-Katy

Overall, this product is great at what it does and it saved us from having to code the process.

Bewertet am 17.10.2017
Justin M.
Sr. Linux Engineer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Saved thousands per month on a fairly small number of EC2 instances that were costly running 24/7.

Vorteile: - Very easy and seamless to integrate into current AWS account.
- Saved money per month after implementing a business hours schedule, all with a simple click of a button
- You can team up accounts for user permissions
- Supports multiple cloud accounts
- Nice looking reports, although data could be skewed from static costs
- The ability to snooze an instance for maintenance is great. We can have vendors control instance status without intervention.
- Quick response on turning on/off an instance and maintaining that state if the change was done within AWS console itself.
- Nice inventory/details of each instance such as IPs, instance type, instance ID, block devices, etc...

Nachteile: - Charges for all ec2 instances whether in use or not. May have to craft special IAM permissions to limit the instances it bills on.
- Projected/Actual savings is a bit off due to static costs, not considering if the instance includes SQL licensing
- Can't forcibly shutdown an instance on errors, although AWS console supports this by issuing two shutdown commands.

von ParkMyCloud an 19.10.2017

Hi Justin, thanks for the review! Glad to hear you're getting value out of ParkMyCloud. We're always happy to hear feedback so don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. -Katy

Makes it really easy to save money for the person who needs business-hours only instances

Bewertet am 22.8.2016
Benjamin H.
Manager, Quality and Costs

Kommentare: The product was relatively new when we started. This meant we hit some bugs and had some feature deficits. PMC was great at getting the issues fixed quickly, and communicating new features that we were waiting for. They even reach out when they see problems with our account. We could not use it as widely as we had hoped, but it works well when we use it.

Vorteile: easy to create a sleep schedule
economical
easy to understand

Nachteile: security policy can be difficult to manage
does not support google
requires time to monitor

von ParkMyCloud an 23.8.2016

Hi Benjamin, thanks for writing a review! We appreciate your business & ongoing feedback you provide as a customer.

I do want to comment on a few things you mentioned. We will be adding support for Google Compute (and Microsoft Azure) in the near future - first half of 2017. Also, time to monitor should be reduced once we have external notifications (email, etc.) in place. Regarding the security policy which we've discussed offline, we're in communication with AWS on ways to make this simpler to manage.

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to review, and as always, please reach out with any questions or feedback!

Excellent Experience: Easy to Use, Powerful, Money-Saving

Bewertet am 17.10.2017
Keith N.
CTO
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cost savings, ability to schedule environments, easy UI to be able to restart instances outside of the AWS console (so we can control who needs/gets access to the AWS console directly). There isn't anything that I don't like about the software. Everything works great. Roles and rights work great. Scheduling works great. Support for multiple cloud vendors works great. There's very clear UI for indicating savings. New reports are also intuitive and easy to generate.

Vorteile: I think it is a big missing feature from AWS not having the ability to schedule instances. We leverage this to schedule all of our environments and to even do quick restarts if there is a prod issue requiring that. In the future, we will also leverage it to be able to control when a DR site comes online.

von ParkMyCloud an 19.10.2017

Keith, thanks so much for the positive review, glad to hear you're getting value from using ParkMyCloud! -Katy

We love it!

Bewertet am 30.10.2017
Anjani B.
Project Coordinator

Vorteile: This product is very helpful with maintaining all the AWS instances (for a variety of products). Easy to handle the instances and user friendly.

Nachteile: It would be nice to have the ability to connect more than one AWS account to my park my cloud. Also, would like the ability to switch admin accounts easily ( helpful when we need to transfer out an account to the customer after release)

von ParkMyCloud an 31.10.2017

Hi Anjani, thanks for the review!

I believe when you say "connect more than one AWS account", you may be referring to an MSP view where you are managing multiple customers' infrastructure in one ParkMyCloud account - this is something we are looking into for the future.

In the case of an individual company using ParkMyCloud, you can connect multiple AWS accounts to a single ParkMyCloud account with any of the paid tiers.

We're always happy to help switch admin accounts - if you need assistance please reach out directly.

Thanks again for the feedback!

I love parkmycloud

Bewertet am 5.9.2018
Tanya P.
Technical Document Writer

Kommentare: I really love it. I only use the free version because I only have 2 servers and no need for the bells and whistles. However, if I ever know of someone using AWS on a larger scale I wouldn't hesitate to recommend parkmycloud. I really couldn't use AWS cost effectively without it.

Vorteile: I have schedules set up and now no longer have to worry about a server being left on and having a high AWS bill at the end of the month

Nachteile: took a little to get used to the setup, wasn't necessary intuitive

von ParkMyCloud an 6.9.2018

Tanya, thanks so much for your review! We're glad you're getting value out of ParkMyCloud. If you have any suggestions to make the setup more intuitive, please let us know!

Thanks,
Katy

Park my cloud - best thing to save money - look no more!

Ricardo R.
Operations Center Manager
Informationsdienst, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Park My Cloud for over a year now and we are so happy about the service and we have saved a lot of money, part of the reasons is the automated schedules to avoid computing during non business hours. we are very happy!

Vorteile: Web interface, easy to use, the concept of reducing cost

Nachteile: I can't think of anything

von ParkMyCloud an 24.1.2017

Ricardo, thanks so much for the review! Glad you and your team are happy with using ParkMyCloud!

Great Support/Great UI

Paul P.
Software Engineer
Bankwesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The UI is very intuitive as well as great support from the vendor when having issues. ParkMyCloud has been very open when we give them feedback as well as features we would like to be implemented it.

Vorteile: The ease of use and the intuitive UI as well as the ability to automaticlly schedule my instances to save me money

Nachteile: I would like for the view of of my resources to be bigger so I can see more of my resources and policies

von ParkMyCloud an 24.1.2017

Hi Paul, thanks so much for the review!

My Own Review

Prakash G.
SSE
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a fantastic tool undoubtedly. But setting time for a bunch of instances can be provided better.

Vorteile: Easy to access and Use

Nachteile: Should be easier in setting time limits for a bunch of instances. Dynamically should be able to select time instead of creating Zones.

von ParkMyCloud an 17.1.2017

Hi Prakash, thanks for your review. I'd like some clarification on your comment - I'll send an email to follow up.

Best,
Katy

it is a great tool to monitor the vm status. very easy to schedule the servers to run and stop.

Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Saikrishna C.
Senior Software Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The park my cloud gives the user a very friendly access to make the servers scheduled according to the requirement. we have defined all our servers got scheduled with the park my cloud.

Vorteile: Easy to learn
Easy to access
Preparing the schedule is so easy

Nachteile: Sometimes the servers are not starting/stopping even after the scheduled time
UI look can be more improved

von ParkMyCloud an 25.1.2017

Hi Saikrishna, thank you for the review! If you are having problems with servers not starting/stopping as scheduled, our Support team can take a look. I'll send you an email to follow up.
-Katy

Simple service makes scheduling instances easy

Taylor P.
Sr DevOps Engineer
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The interface is rather simple and straightforward, so it's easy to jump right in and start scheduling your instances. With the ability to group instances together and allow developer access to spin things back up, it's trivial to have development environments on demand!

Vorteile: It does one thing and does it well. It is priced low enough that it is a no-brainer if you have a few instances that are only required at a certain time.

Nachteile: So far I have a feature request to be able to scale down auto scaling groups to a specific number instead of 0, for times when I know traffic will be low.

von ParkMyCloud an 17.1.2017

Hi Taylor, thanks for your review and glad you've found the product useful.

We do plan to add the feature you've requested (ability to scale auto scaling groups down to a specific number rather than 0) later this year. Thanks for noting this, we appreciate the feedback.

Smooth sailing after setup

Alan C.
Trading System Designer and Trading Consultant
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Very positive experience so far. The customer support is attentive and very helpful. New features are constantly being added. Best of all it has massively reduced potential cloud hosting costs.

Vorteile: The PMC web interface is very intuitive and easy to use. There's a wealth of functionality available too. It can potentially save a lot of money in hosting fees.

Nachteile: The setup is a little fiddly in hooking up PMC with Google Cloud. It's mostly typing in a bunch of commands into a command line interface, but the help and documentation is very good. It just requires a bit of concentration to get it done.

von ParkMyCloud an 22.10.2018

Hi Alan, thanks for your feedback! We appreciate it. We have automated setup scripts for AWS and Azure, and are now working on one for GCP based on feedback like yours, so setup will be easier for future users!

Great Product

George C.

Kommentare: I found this very easy to use. Configuration was a little wonky in that I could not just do a copy/ repeat for consecutive days that would be on the same schedule. Clicking all the individual boxes for an entire weeks worth of scheduling is tedious, but not a game stopper. Really like the product and its user friendliness. Price is spot on.

Vorteile: Easy setup
Adding new accounts is a breeze
Easy to navigate

Nachteile: Scheduling not repeatable on individual accounts, a lot of clicking to setup the schedules

von ParkMyCloud an 17.1.2017

Hi George, thanks for the review! Sorry you found the schedule configuration difficult, we hope to make this easier in the future. (For future reference, you can actually click the day of week or hour of day header to select/deselect a whole row or column at once.)

Also could you clarify your comment "Scheduling not repeatable on individual accounts, a lot of clicking to setup the schedules" - I want to clear up any usage issues you may have!

Thanks again,

ParkMyCloud

Ghana R.
Sr. Software Engineer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's pretty good. But I saw sometimes the status of my ec2's as running when the schedule was "on" and my ec2 is not actually running. Not sure this is a bug or is it like. Since the schedule is in "on" state, irrespective of ec2 running or not, the status shows as running. This was little confusing. Other than I had no issues with PMC.

Vorteile: We don't have to worry about whether the ec2 is running on the time when it is not supposed to.

Nachteile: As I said in the review...sometimes the status of ec2 shows as running even when the ec2 is not running

von ParkMyCloud an 17.1.2017

We discussed Ghana's comments with him and confirmed that the issue he mentioned in this review was resolved several months ago - so current/future users, not to fear! The instance status shown in ParkMyCloud will always be up-to-date with the instance's actual status (even if you, say, stop the instance via the AWS console rather than via ParkMyCloud.)

Ghana, thanks again for your feedback!

Excellent for controlling costs

Bewertet am 21.11.2017
John F.
Principal

Vorteile: I can set it and forget it. No more worrying about dev instances staying on. No more worrying about production instances going off at the wrong time. Plus I can add clients to my account and let them turn on and off their dev instances

von ParkMyCloud an 21.11.2017

John, thanks for the review and glad to hear that ParkMyCloud is working well for you! -Katy

ParkMyCloud

Bewertet am 23.1.2019
Cathy F.
LPA
Anwaltskanzlei, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to save money by conserving unnecessary run time. An easy way to keep our cost down with minimal effort.

Vorteile: That you can manage all of your resources on a single page.

Nachteile: I can't say that there is anything about the software that I don't like.

von ParkMyCloud an 24.1.2019

Cathy, thanks for your review! Glad you have found value in using ParkMyCloud.
-Katy

There is no reason not to use ParkMyCloud

Bewertet am 16.8.2016
Jonathan C.
CEO & Founder

Kommentare: As a company that works with many start-ups, we put everyone of them on ParkMyClout as a way to save their operational cost. ParkMyCloud is really Fast and Easy to setup. And it really does save 50% - 60% of the non-production servers cost.

Vorteile: Ease of Use, Very simple UI and good user experience
Quick, effortless savings
"Fire and Forget" - once you set your calendar, you do not need to worry about it anymore.
No need to write scripts and worry about updating them

von ParkMyCloud an 19.8.2016

Thanks for the review, appreciate it!

Ease of use

Krishna C.
SRE
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I liked the experience with ParkMyCloud.

Vorteile: It is very user friendly and have a very good user support which is a bonus.

Nachteile: there was an update to the software without prior notice cause the date and time stamp to change for Asia pacific users due to which my servers stopped/started abruptly.

von ParkMyCloud an 23.10.2018

Krishna, thanks for your review!

We'll take responsibility for the errors caused with that update you mentioned, that shouldn't happen again, and thanks to help from users like you we were able to resolve quickly.

We're glad you've had an overall positive experience with ParkMyCloud, and if you have any other feedback please let us know.

Thanks,
Katy

parkmycloud is very easy to use

Antonio T.
analyst
Zeitung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I find it very easy to use and its features are flexible

Vorteile: I really liked the ability to turn on an instance for a certain time

Nachteile: the way to find your instances its very difficult view the instances and the groups

von ParkMyCloud an 23.10.2018

Antonio, thanks for your review! If you have any additional feedback about what was difficult about finding your instances/groups, we'd love to hear it - always looking to improve ease of use.
Thanks!

Solution Architect

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Max B.
Solutions Architect

Kommentare: I have been more than satisfied with ParkMyCloud

Vorteile: Scheduling test/QA instances is very easy and cost efficient

Nachteile: Not being able to group instances is less than ideal

von ParkMyCloud an 29.10.2018

Hi Max, thanks for your review! So glad you've found ParkMyCloud easy to use and cost efficient. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "not being able to group instances"? We do have a logical groups feature for scheduling resources as a group and for ordered startup/shutdown, see here: https://bit.ly/2voDvZg

Have you used that feature? Or is there something else you're looking to do?

Thanks so much, your feedback is helpful!

Great Ease of Use

Bewertet am 19.9.2018
Nassim I.

Vorteile: Parking a cloud is very important as it allows to reduces costs. On top of providing this service, it is very easy to use and to configure. The documentation is well written

Nachteile: None. But it is mandatory to write something in this section.

von ParkMyCloud an 26.9.2018

Thanks for your review, Nassim! Glad you've found value from the product!
-Katy

Great service that saves us a ton of money!

Bewertet am 1.2.2017
John K.
Manager of Solutions Analytics

Kommentare: ParkMyCloud is an excellent service that allows us to easily manage our AWS instances so that we're only paying for our AWS instances when we're actively using them. We were able to save almost 50% off of our monthly bill after about only 20 minutes of setup!

Vorteile: Very easy to use

Nachteile: We don't have any complaints!

von ParkMyCloud an 1.2.2017

John, thanks so much for your review!
-Katy

Perfect for small projects.

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Wilson F.
Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Saved me a lot of money, whitout spend any cent using the free tier service.

Vorteile: Has a free tier! I have a personal project running on Google Cloud instances, it's a project that I work only a few times a day at specifics houes. ParkMyCloud enable to schelude the hours wich I need my VMs turned on and manage the time wich is shut down. This saves my money.

Nachteile: Nothing at moment. The service is working fine.

von ParkMyCloud an 1.11.2018

Wilson, thanks for your review, and we're glad you're getting value out of ParkMyCloud!

Great product

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Randy B.
Lead Cloud Architect
Chemikalien, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would absolutely recommend them to any organization. A flat rate vs. per instance would be a better pricing model.

Vorteile: Easy to configure, instant feedback and opportunities to increase savings and reduce waste in your cloud environment.

Nachteile: Limited in reporting and optimization when evaluated but features have been updated greatly since my first review. Cost model is a little high.

von ParkMyCloud an 15.3.2019

Hi Randy, thanks for your review! If you have any specific concerns about pricing for your account we'd be happy to discuss.
Best,