Helped Our Company Immensely

Bewertet am 16.11.2019
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It’s been great. They advertise list growth, and that’s what they do. Our list has grown tremendously since choosing Privy!

Vorteile: We use Privy for the pop up form that feeds to a list of contacts in Mailchimp. My favorite thing about Privy? It works. We have made so much money from the pop up coupon!

Nachteile: As your company grows, so does your bill. They bill on page views, which is fine. They’ve gotta make money somewhere.

von Privy an 18.11.2019

Thanks for the review and love seeing your success!

Great for on-site Email Acquisition

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
John L.
Associate Director of Marketing

Kommentare: Privy has tripled our on-site email acquisition. It is really customizable and gives a great user experience (for both the customer and store). Customer support has been great

Vorteile: Easy to use interface
Drastically and quickly improves email acquisition & conversion
Helpful support team
Integrations with Shopify

Nachteile: Some of the web exclusions can get confusing
Not as plug & play for ecomm platforms other than Shopify
Occasional features don't work as expected (pop ups show up immediately versus time spent or % scrolled).

von Privy an 30.8.2019

Thanks for the review and for bing a customer John!

Really Easy to use

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Channel H.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall it's great and it's really helped me to grow my email lists

Vorteile: It's one of the easier email marketing tools to use and it has some of the best functionality

Nachteile: I do wish they had more options for creating upsell emails

von Privy an 15.10.2019

Thanks for the review and for being a customer!

It works and then there is the confetti

Bewertet am 11.6.2018
Kristina B.
Senior Conservation Associate

Kommentare: Better conversion rate on email signups, flexible design and scheduling of popups - confetti when users sign up.

Vorteile: This is a good freemium platform for making email signups on your website happen in an attractive way. It has surely led to more conversions for us. For free software it has great features and lots of options, we've all been on the site with too many annoying popups. You can choose that route here or dial back and customize it to the look of your site. The very very best thing is you can make confetti swirl on the user's screen when they sign up. Its magical.

Nachteile: No complaints. If I want to do more with pop-ups than email sign-ups I will look into the more advanced features.

von Privy an 12.6.2018

Thanks Kristina! Glad you love Privy!

Excellent Product!

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Maya E.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Privy's List Growth and Email Tool is a great tool to have for e-commerce businesses. It is designed well and has allowed me to grow my customer email list!

Vorteile: I love Privy's List Growth and Email Tool. I was able to customize everything about it to make the pop-up appear matching to my website. It has allowed me to grow my email list!

Nachteile: There was nothing that I disliked about Privy's List Growth and Email Tool..It always functions well and is designed well

von Privy an 1.11.2019

Thanks for the review!

We use privy to collect email addresses online.

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Danielle M.
President/CEO

Vorteile: I like the integration with Shopify and MailChimp. This makes address collection pretty easy. There is more functionality that we haven't utilized.

Nachteile: I had a bad experience recently when I tried to find out the URL that my sign-ups were coming from.

von Privy an 20.4.2018

Hey Danielle - thanks for the review!

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had trying to find out what URLs your signups were coming from.

I'll shoot you a separate email to help you with that.

Josh from Privy

It's been a great addition!

Bewertet am 22.3.2018
Elizabeth S.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Perfect for email sign up!

Vorteile: Every website should have pop ups either for subscribing to e-mail list or announcing sales and promotions. Privy has been a great addition to my website, super easy to use and set up. Highly recommend!

Nachteile: Wish there were more customization options, like fonts or a way to use your own fonts. Otherwise it's great!

von Privy an 27.3.2018

Thanks Elizabeth!

Glad to hear you're loving Privy.

There are actually a bunch of font options available and if you're on our commerce plan or higher you can install custom fonts.

Can't say enough about this company and its CEO. The tool is awesome, powerful and simple to use.

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Director of Business Development
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that the popups are so fully customizable. I didn't get that with Hellobar and alternatives. I love that the company is transparent. I've seen the CEO on chat so many times and he is awesomely helpful!

Nachteile: The integration with my ESP has been dodgy a couple times, but that could be on the other end, not Privy's.

Didn't work well for me

Bewertet am 10.1.2018
Kelly R.
Store Owner

Kommentare: This software did not work out well for me at all and I would not recommend it to others

Vorteile: It is easy to use like most products out there. I thought it was going to be a good idea at first and the interface is easy to use. Maybe it works better for those in industries other than mine but I found it mediocre.

Nachteile: The pop ups were starting to annoy my customers coming in to the site so I took the popup feature down. I felt it was actually hindering my small business website's growth. I gave it 1 star for Value due to the fact that it was deterring customers.

von Privy an 11.1.2018

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for the feedback and for trying Privy. It appears that you're using another pop up provider now, so i hope it works better for you.

In taking a quick peek at your account, it looks like in your free plan you could have adjusted down the frequency of the pop up to once or once a week and maybe made some other tweaks to make it more effective. Probably worth trying on your current set up as well to not annoy frequent visitors.

Best of luck!

Josh from Privy

Finally, a website visitor conversion tool that really works!

Bewertet am 18.2.2018
Fernando j G.
Regional Business Development Director
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Creating a site conversion campaign has never been so easy! Privy takes you by the hand and guides you through the setup process in a very friendly way. You can definitely creat a campaign in minutes. Integrating the tool into your website is really easy, so easy you don't actually need to be an expert. Changing, updating or inactivating a campaign is also very easy. In the dashboard, you can see how your campaigns are doing in just a glance. Although the free subscription is limited, it offers great features for startups, like unlimited campaigns and signups, which is actually the main reason to use a tool like Privy. Integration with email service providers is also available in the free plan, and the process is very easy. The Customer Support is trully great. Privy shows to be compromised to deliver the best experience at every level of the process.

Captures Attention

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Brittany V.
VP Sales
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great for building an email list and getting sales to go through on your site because of coupon offerings!

Vorteile: This is a great tool for capturing your customer's attention before they're about to leave your Shopify store. I've had this setup on my online store for about 2 years now. I find people are usually pretty inclined to submitting their email anywhere if it means getting a discount coupon. So obviously this tactic works well. I definitely think anyone needs this tool if they have an online store
It's very customizable to your needs and design. And it's great for analytics. Very user-friendly and easy to setup with Shopify, like most add-ons.

Nachteile: I mean it's a pretty straight forward software. Maybe more catered to smaller businesses rather than large companies.

Good for Marketing

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Amber F.
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Great for store site popups, with tones of features and designs.

Nachteile: Free version has a logo on popup and not all features are free.

von Privy an 16.8.2019

Thanks for the review and for using Privy!

Awesome Tool for Growing Your Email List

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Customer Development Representative
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Privy has helped me grow my email list and so I am happy with this software.

Vorteile: I like the spin the wheel and gamified lead-opt in options. Privy sends me an updated email everyday on the status of my campaigns. I like the personal update. It is also easy to install on your website and to customize the forms and campaigns.

Nachteile: I wish there was a little bit more aesthetically pleasing default templates for the lead opt-in. More variety in font options would be great too.

von Privy an 2.4.2019

Thanks for the review!

Great addition to any website

Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Tracey B.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Privvy has changed so much for our mail chimp email newsletter list. It’s so nice that customers can easily see a pop up when they visit the site and sign up right then and there.

Vorteile: Privvy was so easy to set up, add to our website and connect to mail chimp.

Nachteile: I love everything about it, it’s hard to think of a con.

Perfect For Getting New Email Subscribers

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Senior Director of Ecommerce
Bekleidung & Mode, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent, very happy with this software.

Vorteile: This is a simple app to install on Shopify Plus, and helped my business grow our email subscriber list.

Nachteile: There is nothing to dislike, I'm a fan of it and have installed it on all of my Shopify sites.

von Privy an 25.3.2019

Thanks for the review and choosing Privy!

Flexible and easy

Bewertet am 10.12.2018
Daniel S.
Co Founder, Head of Marketing and Product
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: - Like that it integrates with Shopify and Mailchimp
- I like that I can set triggers for when it pops up and easily design new campaigns to test them

Nachteile: THere are no cons that I can think of. We have a pretty simple use case on our website and it does the job.

After using multiple different list growth tools... Privy is finally the one I've settled on.

Bewertet am 19.12.2017

Kommentare: Over 3000 emails captured in just under a month and optimized the most effective way to do this because of their reporting system and AB testing.

Vorteile: Great features cover all scenarios you want to test and use for acquring emails. The dashboard and reporting is great too. Very feature heavy, I don't even use most of the features they offer.

Nachteile: A little pricey when you don't really need to use some of the features they offer. Also would like the ability to better organize the campaigns in date order.

von Privy an 20.12.2017

Thanks for the review!

These Pop-ups Make Some Money!

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Email Marketing Specialist

Vorteile: I like this software because it works and makes sales. If you set it up to match your website and branding, it can seriously convert potential sales into real ones.

Nachteile: I feel like they purposely make the trial difficult to operate so you have to upgrade your account to the next level. Also, this system does overlap sometimes with the way your email client will run if you are just using it for Abandoned Cart popups.

Fantastic Software with instant results!

Bewertet am 15.11.2016
Brandon L.
Owner/Designers
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We went from 1-2 signups a month to about 10 a day almost instantly with Privy's products that integrate seamlessly with our Shopify

Vorteile: Ease of use, instant results we get, and the price is great! Integrates perfectly with Shopfiy

Nachteile: Nothing I can think of

Cool Tool, Way too Spendy

Bewertet am 10.10.2018
Brionne G.
Associate Digital Graphic Designer
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Vorteile: This tool is pretty easy to learn and the sleek interface makes it easy to find the tools you are looking for, whether it's options to customize your pop-up, connecting your MailChimp account, etc.

Nachteile: It's way too expensive. Competitors offer the same features for a fraction of the price. I also like that it doesn't automatically update your email list, you have to manually export contacts from Privy to MailChimp. Maybe it does it automatically if you upgrade your account.

von Privy an 11.10.2018

Hey Brionne,

Thanks for your review on Capterra! Glad to hear that for the most part you are enjoying Privy. In terms of syncing your new subscribers over to Mailchimp, you can do that automatically on any of our plans. Just go to the automation step of any of your display campaigns, select Mailchimp and then choose which list you want it to sync to in your MC account.

Hope that helps!

Josh

Integrates with Shopify

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Jenna S.
Videographer
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Setup was a snap with Shopify and MailChimp. Used the spin to win game to collect lots of email addresses and give customers something fun

Nachteile: Steep price upgrade to get to some really useful features. It would be hard as a small business to justify the expense. Doesn't work with Google Tag Manager on the free plan

My Privy Review

Bewertet am 15.10.2018
Oral T.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I used Privy for a long time, till the Google announces its pop-up policy.

Vorteile: All the basic functionalities come free. Privy is one of the must-have tools for a start-up. It provides fun and easy way to collect emails from your website visitors.

Nachteile: Most of its tools are the pop-up type. This cause misunderstanding in Google algorithms. As a result of this, your website's Google search rankings could be decreased.

von Privy an 17.10.2018

Hi Oral!

Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate it. You mentioned the Google mobile pop up penalty in your review so I wanted to share a video we did recently about how to easily use Privy while avoiding any penalties. Enjoy!

Great Program to Grow your List!

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Robin C.
Author

Kommentare: So easy to use. Drag & drop feature is great. Love being able to test all my campaigns with a/b sending. Easy integration, even for those not tech-savy.

Vorteile: EASY to use. Setup was seamless and almost did it itself. Quick. Ability to customize to fit your needs.

Nachteile: Having to pay for it? Seriously, I've been using this software for about 6 months and haven't had a problem that HELP couldn't solve almost instantly for me.

von Privy an 7.2.2018

Thanks for the review Robin!

Love this app. Very useful.

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Charles H.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Like to be able to alert potential customers with deals in store and sign-ups to gather customer details for customer contact and future sales.

Nachteile: To date, no real cons for us. This app is very easy to use, has what we need for the time being and works well in getting customer's attention and information we use for sales.

von Privy an 27.6.2018

Thanks for the review Charles, glad you love it so far!

We LOVE Privy!

Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Social Media Coordinator
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Privy has helped us increase our email subscribers to our weekly newsletter by 270%!!! We love privy and will absolutely continue to keep it on our website.

Nachteile: Nothing -- we love Privy, both the free version and the paid version are both wonderful.

von Privy an 7.3.2019

Thanks for the review and for choosing Privy!