A True Partner

Director of Member Experience
Bankwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Using BalancedComp gives me the strength of 10 people. If I were to replicate the same process and results, I would be spending hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars. BalancedComp brings in a variety of salary sources, levels them, and presents the information in a very usable fashion. Additionally, the software gives us a default compensation philosophy we can use to springboard in developing our own. This was particularly helpful when we first started taking a deeper dive into compensation restructuring. Lastly, the support I get from BalancedComp is superb. They can't always provide me with a solution at no additional cost, but they listen to me needs and work really hard to find a way to help me. I always feel helped and to sold to.

Nachteile: As a data guy, I like to splice and dice the information to glean insights on the results of implementing our compensation strategy. I care that we are paying at market and on schedule based on experience in the position. I really heavily on the reports BalancedComp provides. However, there are some views that I want that the system can't generate. So I end up manually entering the data in Excel in order to produce the reports I want. Because I'm only one of a handful of clients that asks for these special reports, BalancedComp just can't justify investing their development into providing these reports.

von BalancedComp an 5.2.2019

This may be my all time favorite reference. Please email me at Christie@balancedcomp.com so I can beseech you to allow me to post this on our website. This is exactly what we hope to do for our clients - give them the strength of 10 people.

Great Product and Easy to Use

Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: BalanceComp has been a great company to work with. Their products have really helped HR look well prepared when asked by our CEO and CFO for reports/budgets.

Vorteile: It is a very easy product to use - from inputting your employees to sorting to seeing where the fall in their labor grade (comp ratio). Reports that would take hours to do if you were trying to do it manually to do are generated in seconds. There are lots of templates/samples so you don't have to start from scratch. Love that is is specific to the credit union world. Their customer service is great and they are open to listening to suggestions if you have any way to improve their product.

Nachteile: For the most part there really isn't anything that I don't like about their products (Balanced Comp and Balanced Results)

von BalancedComp an 5.2.2019

Thank you for your kind words. One of our main goals is to make HR look great in front of the rest of the executive team. That made our day!

Balanced Comp user for annual employee plans

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Tod K.
Internal Auditor
Bankwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Balanced Comp once a year during my annual review and also have the ability to go in there throughout the year and make notes on goals, performance, or tasks done throughout the year. Overall my experience with is has been positive.

Vorteile: The things that stands out to me most about Balanced Comp are the ease of use and the attractive set up. It's simple to use and easy to find what I need and its interface is colorful and simply set up, fun would even be a good way to describe it.

Nachteile: The only cons I have, and they are small cons, are the labeling of some of the fields where comments are made. I found myself clicking to read a comment and instead a box opening up to write a comment. Or I would click to write a comment and end up opening the box to read comments instead. Also I often wanted to base the comments I was writing on comments that were previously left but the comment writing box opened up over the previously written comments so that I could not review them.

von BalancedComp an 13.12.2018

Tod, Thank you very much for your positive words. I would love to capture your suggestions for improvement in our helpscout tickets. Please consider clicking on the Support button inside the app and sharing your feedback.

Excellent product/excellent company

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Susan S.
EVP/Director of Human Resources
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: They are unmatched in customer service. I used Balanced Comp with my prior employer and very readily contracted with them again when I changed to a new employer who didn't have an automated salary program in place.

Vorteile: This software provides a strong salary administration system that is easy to use, defensible, easy to explain internally, and has improved our overall processes related to salary administration tremendously.

Nachteile: I'm stumped on what to say for a con. The only con I can say is the inability to search for a person or title without first bringing up or returning to the complete listing of persons or titles.

von BalancedComp an 12.2.2019

Thanks Susan, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'd like to take your suggestion to our product team.

BalancedComp is easy to use on all levels and requires little oversight from an HR standpoint

Bewertet am 5.3.2018
Lauren K.
Director of Human Resources
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Compensation management at my fingertips with the information I need to manager our company's compensation. Electronic performance review program that takes a lot of the labor associated with writing reviews so my employees can get back to business!

Vorteile: It is intuitive, recently they updated the look and feel and I was able to navigate it with little to no instruction. It's clean looking and it feels like the developers really thought of the user rather than standard design, it makes sense to users on all levels!

Nachteile: I honestly can't think of one, it's one of the easiest platforms I use in my day to day! I get the same feedback from my managers which makes my life easier that I'm not teaching the mechanics of writing performance reviews and can focus more on the spirit of them!

von BalancedComp an 3.4.2018

Lauren, You are an awesome client to work with. Thank you for the kindness of your review on Capterra.

Balanced Comp Revew

Bewertet am 4.2.2019

Kommentare: Excellent.

Vorteile: The system is easy to navigate and user friendly.The Customer support is great. If you need assistance with any aspect of compensation, such as grading positions, market conditions for a specific position, or compensation trends, they will get you the information you need. The database of benchmark positions is also helpful, and their reports are one click and easy to use.

Nachteile: There is no report writer tool; therefore, you must use the reports that are in the system. Also when scrolling down, column headings disappear, and you lose sight of the content ‘title’ to know what number you are reviewing (such as rate, range mid-point of the range, etc.) It would be helpful to have column headers frozen on employee lists.

von BalancedComp an 22.2.2019

Thank you for taking the time to review BalancedComps salary administration system. We are delighted you would 9/10 times likely to recommend us. I wanted you to know that in our next release, due out this June, we have taken care of the title not being seen as you scroll issue. You are 100% right. That needed to happen.

100% Satisfied

Joanna V.
Vice President of Human Resources
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The BalancedComp team is extremely knowledgeable and clearly experts in compensation and performance management systems. They are professional, extremely responsive, often on short notice, and find solutions to accommodate our unique requests. The software makes compensation and performance management processes much easier to manage and all of their staff are a pleasure to work with!! I rely on them as an extension of my HR team!

Vorteile: I am so impressed by the functionality and the ease of use of the software.

Nachteile: I don't have any complaints about the software. It has always been easy to navigate.

von BalancedComp an 5.2.2019

Thank you JoAnna. We really enjoy partnering with you.

I love BalancedComp

Barbara B.
SVP Human Resources
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been great. I rarely need assistance, but if I do I can reach someone immediately and they are great!

Vorteile: I love the ease of use and the information that it provides. I feel confident knowing we are competitive in our area using the BC compensation system. I love the ability to budget annually as well as the template resource to help guide me when we are changing or adding a new position.

Nachteile: There really is nothing I don't like or have problems with.

Thanks Barbara!

BalancedComp User Review

Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Janice A.
CHRO
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In a period of two years, we acquired three companies (two in different states), so we needed a compensation administration system that was able to provide market driven salary ranges for each of our locations. BalancedComp was able to provide the solution we needed.

Vorteile: My company implemented BalancedComp three years ago. I find the software intuitive and easy to use. I like that they specialize in serving financial institutions, and I appreciate the consultative approach they employ when serving their clients. They are very helpful and I rely on them to provide expert advice.

Nachteile: There are some shortcomings with the Budget Builder reporting functionality that I would like to see improved.

von BalancedComp an 22.2.2019

Janice, I am so grateful for your response and that you rated us a 9/10 for likely to recommend, especially since you transferred over from a competitor. We look forward to continuing to wow you.

Solid system for the right price!

Bewertet am 3.3.2019
Paula P.
EVP-COO
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've worked with BalancedComp for about 4 years and it has significantly improved our salary administration process. Great system and the price is right.

Vorteile: The best part of the salary administration software is ease of use and strength of data. It is a robust system that is intuitive to the end user and flows nicely. My experience with the support personnel has been stellar. These folks will go out of their way to assist with anything from a basic technical question to a more complex grading scenario. Reporting capabilities are more than adequate.

Nachteile: The job description resource template section is very helpful; I would love to see more job description templates in the library as the industry changes and gets creative with job titles.

von BalancedComp an 15.3.2019

HI Paula, We truly value your business and look forward to continuing to wow you.

Balanced Comp

Bewertet am 8.2.2019
Katie B.
VP of Human Resources
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The service is exceptional.

Vorteile: Software is very easy to use. The fun acknowledgments add to the system too.

Nachteile: The reporting is somewhat lacking. For example - I have asked for reports that export the data by position but it is not available at this time. They are extremely receptive when the feedback is provided so I look forward to some enhancements outside of the canned reports that are available. It would also be great if there were different permissions to sign in. For example - we would like one team member to work on job descriptions, but not have the ability to see all comp info and/or change the job evaluations. I look forward to more recommendations / data on incentive and commission plans.

von BalancedComp an 12.2.2019

Hi Katie, Thank you for taking the time to write a review.Especially since you transferred over from Compease, we are happy to know you view your decision favorably.

I will take your suggestions to our product team. I'd like to better understand the data by position report that would be helpful. Email me.

Great Partnership

Lauren D.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: BalancedComp helps us stay competitive with our local labor market, and the team is a wonderful source of valuable information as we continue to refine our compensation strategy. We have loved partnering with them.

Vorteile: It's so simple to use, the interface is fantastic, and the ease with which you get an instant snapshot of your company's compensation stance is wonderful.

Nachteile: Really, my only frustration is that you can get logged out for inactivity fairly quickly. Great from an information security standpoint, but a bit troublesome when you're working in a couple of different systems and have to log back in.

von BalancedComp an 4.2.2019

Hi Lauren, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. The whole staff is thrilled. I'm glad the project with Phil went well.

Worst system & support I've ever experienced

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Vice President Human Resources
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was one if the worst companies I've worked with. The lack of ability to provide specific feedback in each section of the review to the drafter, makes the process time consuming and inefficient. Instead of spending time making cute comments that pop up when you exit or submit a review, for example, maybe spend that time making the software functional and user friendly. After we made the mistake of contracting with them, I discovered others in HR at other organizations had difficulty with Balanced Comp and decided to go another direction. Luckily they discovered their incompetence before signing on the dotted line!

Vorteile: We we're excited about automating the performance review process.

Nachteile: The restricted nature of the software. Ex. Must have specific number of approvers assigned to a review, no matter the level the employee is at in the organization. And stop calling performance reviews, "plans". It makes no sense and just shows how out of touch Balanced Comp is.

von BalancedComp an 18.4.2019

I am dismayed at your response and must suspect you are a competitor who is writing very nasty things. You can see what 99.9% of our clients have said about us. But if you are sincere, I hope you will give me the opportunity to address each and every one of your points of contention. For example, it isn't true that you need a specific number of approvers. Our clients love us. We have a 95% retention rate over our nearly 9 years of business.

Balanced Comp Review

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Susan J.
HR Director
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great value for the money; excellent, friendly customer service!

Vorteile: Easy to use with little training; Works well with compensation package so that salary increases can be handled efficiently.

Nachteile: Better spellcheck; little more space for customization.

von BalancedComp an 15.2.2019

Thanks Susan, This means alot. We look forward to continuing to wow you.

The customer service, consulting knowledge, willingness to help and response time is exceptional.

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Ginna C.
Compensation Officer
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use, user friendly, edits can be done effortlessly, can export easily. Takes less time to create a document for managers when all the information is right there and can be exported and sorted in a timely fashion.

Vorteile: The BalancedComp website is super easy to navigate through and user-friendly. Love that all the information is displayed on one page and edits can be done quickly and effortlessly.

Nachteile: One improvement would be the sorting functionality when printing. It will not allow you to print when sorting by two functions (ex. You want to sort by grade then by department).

von BalancedComp an 28.2.2018

Thanks Ginna for your review. It means alot to us. You are just exceptional to work with.

BalancedComp Review

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
April I.
VP, HR
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The system is easy to use and BalancedComp has a great team with excellent service.

Nachteile: Our only issue is integration with our HRIS. We currently have to upload data into the software every month. It would be great if the system could integrate and eliminate the extra work.

von BalancedComp an 12.2.2019

HI APril, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. One of our biggest projects in 2018 was to be audit prepared to apply for integration with ADP. Since they are the worlds largest provider of payroll services, we figured if we could become certified with them, we could do it with any. So we are thinking alike. In the meantime, the bridge typically takes about 15 minutes I think. Let us know if we can help.

Great Resource!

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Bill S.
AVP, Compensation, Benefits & HCMS
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The BalancedComp team has always been available to assist with special studies or evaluate new positions, provide summarized survey data, and act as an extension of our Team. Each of its Team Members that I have worked with is bright, informed, and delivers analytic services as a partner to resolve challenges.

Vorteile: Navigating amongst the various reports, and using the intuitive point factor tool to evaluate new roles.

Nachteile: I need to spend a bit more time to learn how to take advantage of the available budgeting tools - more of a knock on me!

von BalancedComp an 15.2.2019

Thanks Bill, This means so much! We look forward to continuing to wow you. Any of us would be happy to spend some time on the budget builder with you.

HR Comp and Reviews with great support

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Linda W.
Bankwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a small to mid-size credit union, having access to something, with the customer service, is hard to find. This allows us the ability to build a position and the pay scale based on our needs and know we're paying according. And also have a tool to track notes year round, both for the supervisor's eyes only and another place for the employee and supervisor to comment.

Vorteile: I can get salary reports at the touch of a button. As well as pull reports for different managers for their direct reports. We can always see if we're in line with our compensation and can build a position as needed. The customer service is amazing and readily available.

Nachteile: The set up in Balanced Results can be a bit confusing, but help is one call away.

von BalancedComp an 12.2.2019

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Linda. We are thrilled that we are meeting your needs. The onus is on us to make sure you are trained and supported on BalancedResults. Please email Deborah or call in if we can set up a time to answer all your questions in a webinar.

The partnership with this organization is wonderful;great compensation consultants!!

Bewertet am 1.3.2018
Rosemary O.
VP of Human Resources

Vorteile: They do not just sell you a software program; they trouble shoot, brainstorm ideas and are very consultative!

von BalancedComp an 5.3.2018

Hi Rosemary, Working with you is a joy because you really want to think through the options.

BalancedComp

Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Susie S.
VP of HR and Training
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Service is fantastic. I've asked for help creating different types of reviews in the system and they are always responsive.

Vorteile: I find this software very easy to use and the tool itself helps us manage our performance management and compensation strategies.

Nachteile: Honestly, there is nothing I don't like. I can get every type of report I need from the system.

Industry specific, which is great

Stefany C.
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that their information is industry specific, which is helpful and more relevant that some of the other reports out there.

Nachteile: If it could be a little more user friendly. It has cute prompts, but sometimes it's hard to know where to start.

von BalancedComp an 13.2.2019

Hi Stefany, Thank you for your review. It can be confusing when you inherit a system. The onus is on us to provide training and fully support you. That truly is our desire. Please call in and schedule a time with Deb to get a full review. We provide ongoing training at no additional charge on the entire system or just the budget builder or the importer or whatever your need is.

Ease of writing job descriptions

Vickie S.
VP of HR
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience with Balanced Comp has been very positive. I plan to continue to use this company.

Vorteile: I really like how easy it is to write a job description. Several samples in the library to get started are very well written.

Nachteile: I really do not have any negative feedback about the software.

von BalancedComp an 5.2.2019

Hi Vickie, Thank you for the kind words. I get to speak to you so rarely that it is fantastic to hear we are meeting your expectations. Click on the Support button if you ever have a feature idea or need any fairly immediate assistance.

Client Feedback

Hallie D.
CHRO
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been great.

Vorteile: Ease of use and functionality of the programs.

Nachteile: This is not a con, I would like to have more reports functionality to sort data relevant to my organizational needs.

von BalancedComp an 13.2.2019

Thank you Hallie for your review. We look forward to continue to wow you.

BalancedComp

Doug N.
Vice President of Operations
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The company I work for had not updated its salary ranges in many years. I was referred to BC by a prior employer and have been very pleased with the quality of the data. It is comforting to know where we stand with respect to fair market salaries when trying to retain existing employees and attract new talent.

Vorteile: It's ease of use and the support provided by BalancedComp staff.

Nachteile: The report writing functions seem a little complicated.

von BalancedComp an 4.2.2019

Hi Doug,
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share. Our entire staff is thrilled. If you have an ideas on the report writer, please click on the support button and send in the suggestion. We get our best ideas for new features from our clients.

Balanced Comp

David O.
CHRO & General Counsel
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very positive. The system works well and the support from the entire team is terrific.

Vorteile: The system is well designed and easy to use. I like that it includes template job descriptions The Budget Builder is outstanding and, standing alone, is worth the investment.

Nachteile: I do not have any items to include here.

von BalancedComp an 5.2.2019

Thanks David, You are definitely one of my favorite clients because of how intelligent and passionate you are about your areas of responsibilities.