Über Realm

Realm integriert grundlegende Aufzeichnungsfunktionen in die täglichen Abläufe deiner Kirchengemeinde, damit deine Mitarbeiter*innen gut ausgestattet sind und deine kirchliche Gemeinde eingebunden ist.

Erfahre mehr über Realm

It is very user friendly and the customer support was very quick & efficient with handling any issues.

Her work system is "locked down" so she cannot update her browser. The value of Realm is when everyone in the church uses it, because of this restriction our utility is severely compromised.

Bewertungen zu Realm

Realm hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 259 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Realm bereits verwendet?

Jilliane
Jilliane
Business Administrator in USA

Realm has been an excellent resource for our congregation and staff.

We use Realm Connect - the level that allows for congregants to log in and use the app feature as well. Realm is easy to use and intuitive to figure out. The staff love being able to get to it anywhere and that they can even work on their phones on things if needed. Realm has features that make life easier for church staff, while also allowing the congregation to connect with each other. The Realm development team is always looking at ways to make it easier for people to know where to go, while also trying to find ways to make the church staff's lives easier as they input the data. Additionally, the support staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. I rarely have to wait for support help and if they cannot fix an issue while I am on the phone with them, they are quick to follow back up.

There are still areas they are building out and things that are not there yet. For example, today we tried to copy a list of people from a registration event into a group roster as the group decided they wanted to be able to communicate with each other during the study. This was not a feature that was available yet, so the person entering the data had to manually add the people to a group. But, they have an enhancement request portal where Realm staff users can enter ideas in on what to change or add and they follow that portal very closely. The things that are not there yet are a small trade-off in my mind, as overall Realm is incredible software. And knowing that those things will come soon makes it easier for me to help my staff realize that if they can be patient for a little bit longer, everything will be in one place. They really like that!

LaShun
Finance Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Realm is Great!

Kommentare: Our overall experience with Realm has been great, we truly enjoy using this product; our senior members love using the Realm app for their giving and enjoy the accounting module.

Our church transitioned to Realm July 2018, one of the initial reasons we switched was because of the people side, the ability for our congregants to create and manage profiles, as well as, the ability to give and see/manage their giving, the ability to view and print their own statements. We also appreciated other features such as check-in and pathways. The accounting module made the entire process so much easier the placement of the modules and ease of use, the ability to track giving using the dashboard as well as attendance and membership. The transition was easy we discussed the modules we needed and what information to transition and the representatives did everything else. It was a very seamless transition.

Currently, there is not a lot that is disliked about this product, but there is always room for improvement, there are some additional features I would love to see in the accounting module that allows for even more ease of use. I have submitted those ideas and so far one of them has happened and they are working on the other.

G.
Financial Assistant in USA

Serious Gaps

Kommentare: Frustration is the best word that describes my experience with Realm. Frustration on finding information, frustration on looking for help, and frustration even on the help desk. When I write an email, it is almost as if I am getting a computer response telling me only a simplistic response that does not consider my question on the background that I provided.
It seems that my complaints fall on unconcerned ears when i express them to the Staff.

I like the ability to use a check scanner with the giving software

There are serious gaps in the way Realm relays information. When certain payments are made online, the software does not notify the Administrator of their receipt. I have to go and look for the payments (such as VBS registrations) without the software telling me that it has come in. Then it does not list the deposits from the registrations, only the individuals that made payment, after I go outside the giving module. Our checking account has been out of balance because of this. Also the giving statements allow very little configuration. The pledge set ups do not allow for change. Nor can you easily go back to a previous screen or report that you had to navigate from. I do not find the software intuitive, and often have to search for long times to get information that I need, The searching seems fragmented and not easily connected. When i edit a previous gift I do not get a notification or ability to print out a report so I can do a journal entry so we can keep our records balanced. The online help is entirely worthless. It lags far behind many other help searches that I use for software. I feel that I am forced to call the help desk. Usually after searching for at least a half hour down many dead ends, the I call the help line and there's another 30 minutes explaining my problem. And another 20 minutes hearing the condescending comments telling me that I have to not expect REALM to preform according to my expectations. It is not seamless, nor is the contribution

Josh
Technical Director in USA

Great for churches!

Sending messages quick, keeping reach of giving for management stand point and being able to have one location for everything you need.

Initially setting this up was a little of a hassle from when we migrated. But the customer support was super amazing and helped so much!

Dave
Worship Pastor in Kanada

A decent web-based database

Kommentare: The customer service has been good, and their demo was reasonably well done, though their app crashed for their employee multiple times. I asked some tough questions about features that they said they were still building, and they admitted that they really couldn't compete with planning center in terms of a service planning module, but other things seem pretty good. My preference would have been Planning Center overall, but our finance people pushed us towards Realm because of some of the options on that side, so I'm living with it and trying to figure out how to manage my volunteers and services in planning center while keeping our main database and pathways on Realm. It's not ideal, but Realm doesn't seem bad per say. One oddity was that Realm's marketing pitch included the fact that they were a family business. I love families, but "family business" to me is a point against when I'm dealing with a software development company - as a user I want excellence of design and programming with great customer service, not friendly staff who are also designing software. That being said, we haven't had any significant issues or feature limitations yet!

Because we were previously on ACS, it was easy to import previous data. The online interface is much friendlier than the old version, and it generally has good features and capabilities, but as with any database/CRM, it's all in how you set it up and implement use. Overall, it's a solid choice.

Being a Planning Center Services user who's dabbled in other Planning Center products, I prefer the integration and user interface of planning center. Overall Realm feels more PC than Mac - sturdy, but not as pretty and at times a bit frustrating with the number of clicks you need to do to get to where you want to go. It's functional, but it feels like it'll take longer for people to learn how to set things up and do things properly, which will impede good rollout and ultimately depth of functionality because of that.

William
IT/AV Tech in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Realm is a good church database

Kommentare: Overall Realm is a good a product. It was first rolled out to small churches and it shows that. It seems that the programmers and decision makers still look at the small churches instead of larger churches when adding features.

It is a communication tool as well as a database. They keep improving Realm. Ease of finding duplicate entries. Customer support is the best in the industry.

There are many features that larger churches need to use the software the best and Realm does not seem to be in any hurry to provide those features. They make larger churches figure out work arounds which is never good. Difficult to get the needed reports for our auditor each year. Contributions is not done by the best practices for debits and credits. They line through entries when a charge back is made at the bank instead doing a debit, which shows a money trail for audit purposes.

Karen
Director of Finance and Administration in USA

REALM is Easy

Kommentare: We enjoy the products ability for us to track giving, children/youth that are registered to track for attendance. We track worship service attendance that is required by our Diocese and of course giving is imperative and the system allows us to do this an efficient matter.

The best part of the feature that all religious institutions could benefit from is the giving module. The online giving is very easy and user friendly and processing of the gifts is very easy for the administrators of the church. We recently rolled out groups and have a BETA group using it. They are very excited about the capabilities and have added their own members and published documents for them to use and communicate. We use the product for event registration and that process has been easy as well, it is intuitive and provides a lot of options for tailoring to particular event needs.

Currently the serving module needs to be built out more for us to fully utilize it. We are trying to avoid having the serving team send emails back and forth about coverage and needs. We also would like more customizable features when it comes to background color and newsletter type communications.

Traci
Director of Business Operations in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

St. Andrew Realm Review

Kommentare: We all enjoy Realm and what it can do for us and our church. We do not use the Financial piece, but hope to someday in the future.

This software is now used by our entire staff. We all speak Realm language and we keep our teams trained.

Probably how some of the reporting exports are not all the same. The opportunity to expand on queries and customize downloadable data would be great. Another thing is that there isn't a calendaring program that replaces Facility Scheduler. To have this all in one place would be good.

Strong Software in a Frustrating Box

Kommentare: Compared to our previous ChMS, Realm is very good, and the frustrations are surpassed by a solid experience and feature set.

Realm does almost anything you would need a church management software suite to do, and does it well: tracking attendance, giving, financial transactions; keeping family and sacramental records; providing good communications and volunteer coordination features. It even integrates with ConstantContact and the web interface is intuitive and keeps improving.

Realm does so much so well--but it isn't good at anything out of the box. For instance, each household in Realm must have a "head of household" --an antiquated notion of family dynamics that isn't necessary. The structure of reports--and what reports are available by default--are limited and can be frustratingly to customize on the fly.

Michelle
Realm Administrator in USA

Realm Is The Best Database

Kommentare: I was responsible for rolling out Realm to my church. The training we received was great and the support resource materials helped out a lot. Unfortunately, my budget and team was super small, so it didn't go as well as I would have liked. Many of the congregants are very resistant. I use Realm for taking attendance weekly and I maintain the directory. I am also responsible for all training. Everything is really easy to work with except the congregation themselves.

I've worked with many databases in the past, including helping to build them from the end user point of view, and Realm is the best I've used. It is very flexible and user friendly. The Help feature is really helpful and the rare times I've had to contact customer service, they've been super friendly and very knowledgeable. I love using Realm!

My biggest complaint is that I have some members in my groups that do not receive the Realm emails when I send them out. I've called customer service a couple of times and have been directed to look for the emails in Spam, but that is not always the problem. I don't understand why some emails don't get received.

Judy
Parish Adminstrator in USA

Realm - Excellent Church Software

Kommentare: Realm has facilitated communication in the church and is extremely versatile given its use on a computer or mobile device. By enabling parishioners to directly engage with each other, with their own profile and church groups they are in - it not only provides the staff with a powerful software tool, but enables the entire church to engage and connect. This is probably the greatest strength of Realm: its function as a staff tool (database management and financial accounting) as well as ability to create engagement, connection and community within the parish. All in one place.

Realm is exceptionally easy to learn and use - and it's relevant to how a church operates its ministries as well as how a church manages its finances and its people database. Developers solicit input from users for program enhancements and continue to release new functionality that just makes the software better and better. Both the database management component (how we manage the people in our church) as well as the financial accounting component are exceptional. The bonus is how the functionality also supports how we operate our ministries (managing volunteers, coordinating education opportunities, communication and engagement)

Not sure I've found anything I don't like. At this point, Realm continues to amaze me.

Joshua
Office Administrator in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Tremendous organizational tool! A bit lacking in some desired features and user-friendliness.

Realm has been our only experience with CHMS and it has been well worth every penny. As a small church of about 200, we know there's so much more that this software is capable of doing that we simply do not have a need for at present. We love the organization Realm has given internally to our church staff and volunteers. The ability to track giving (both regular offering and pledge funds) through Realm is very sound and ensures accuracy in our financial record keeping. It also makes creating and sending year end giving statements a breeze! This software seemingly has no ceiling in its ability to query any information we want to gather from our people (as long as we have imputed the information when adding profiles). We can then quickly generate a report from that information that is easily shareable. Creating groups is also a great feature that has helped us, internally, better understand who is doing what and has subsequently helped us to be more intentional and effective in our communication. Routine tasks that we use Realm for on a weekly/daily basis include: recording giving, finding pertinent information about our people, generating reports/labels, adding profiles of our people and assigning them to groups, and communicating via Realm's email feature with various groups in our church.

The calendar is not as functional as we had hoped and does not allow for integration with Google Calendars. This has led to our avoiding any use of Realm's calendar. We have also not made use of the Events feature in Realm as there is no public-facing side of Events Registration (that we have found) that could tie in with our church website. The interface is not very intuitive/user-friendly and has held us back from opening up the software for use by more volunteers to handle tasks such as Check-in and Pathway's. This has also prevented us from allowing group leaders to manage their own groups' members, record attendance, coordinate events or activities, or to communicate directly with one another. The online giving feature does not currently allow for any embed code to make for a more seamless online giving experience.

Robin
Office Administrator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

REALM: user friendly software with exceptional customer support!

Kommentare: I highly recommend the investment of time and finances to get the full benefit of the software by getting the training needed! I wish we had done so when we got it. I feel we would be so much further along with the benefits of the software instead of still struggling to search through helps and webinars to find how to do something simple.

I love the ease of using the software. Everything is easy to navigate and it manages people and contributions very easily. They are always adding improvements which is a plus. I know that there is so much more to this software but we haven't got there yet. At the time that we transitioned from ACS on demand to REALM we were not able to get the training needed to transition more smoothly and regret so much now that we didn't just wait until we could afford to actually get the one on one training that is so needed in order to really benefit from ALL that REALM has to offer and to expedite using it more effectively quicker. As they say, every software is useless, if those using it are not trained to use it! Love how online giving posts directly to the members statement and is very user friendly.

Can't complain much since I don't feel like I have had the training I need to properly use it to its full potential. The complaints I might have are probably not a software problem but lack of training problem...I have just been winging it and limping along for the most part but the things that I have learned to use have been pretty awesome.

jim
Exec Pastor in USA

Beware

Kommentare: Not good. But because we have been so enmeshed with them since the ACS days they really have us locked in. our financials are tied to them and they know that and seem like they do't place our requests on anything but the lowest level.

This software is average at best. They sold us because they are the biggest player in the market. They promised that this tech was market ready when we came online and to this day we still have "trouble tickets" in que....3 years later. They said this was going to be like facebook for your church...people already have facebook - they dont want another.

They always seem to forget to included the final important details. Example - they told us that the online giving link allows people to make their offering without having to sign into their realm account (because all of the information is taken through the credit card anyway)...they failed to add the detail that if people regularly give a recurring donation you actually have to sign in to your account. They didn't tell or add that to their link. Sp now we have to double back and send an email to the recurring givers. Just poor form

Kathy
Administrative Assistant in USA

Realm Church Management Software

Kommentare: I found it easy to use with so many functions and personalized capabilities. Customer support is always friendly and very helpful!

I love using the Event Registration--it allows us to put all the info for an event in one place, allows people to register and pay online, go back later to review details, allows us to email registrants for updates and reminders.

There seems to be a learning curve for member use--I think we need more consistant training & reminders of how useful it can be.

Senior Pastor / IT in USA

Realm is AWESOME!!!

Kommentare: It has been great!! The support staff is unbelievable people are using it for group communications as intended.

I love the way Realm integrates our membership database, grouping, and tracking with a social media type of platform. Actually allows our members to use it for effective communication! It is ground-breaking and we love it!!

I wish the financial software was capable of handling our book-keeping needs, but thankfully, we are still able to use ACS Financials for that.

Miriam
Staff Accountant in USA

Realm is Great!

Kommentare: We have been able to run much better reports for our Executive Committees and we absolutely love the dashboard feature!

I like that Realm is very user friendly. Also, if there is a problem I cannot solve, the helpdesk is super easy to contact, right from the app, and they are always very knowledgeable and helpful.

There may be a couple of features that would be helpful to add, i.e. being able to run a report from the pending page of online batches to see what was given on Sunday during the worship service, but nothing major. I haven't found any difficult aspects in using Realm. They have a great help section and videos to show you how to perform certain tasks. The integration for membership was outstanding, because Realm was able to pull our membership in from our previous software. The accounting side was a major task because we had to do it ourselves, but we're working with it and are satisfied.

Shelby
Executive Pastor in USA

Using Realm for People and Accounting

Kommentare: I have been using Realm to manage people (contributions, attendance, etc.) for about 8 months. I have also had the privilege to be a part of the pilot program for Realm Accounting. People management is very straightforward. Accounting process will be very familiar for existing ACS Financial Suite users. Chart of Accounts structure is a bit different, but I like the use of Account Codes (core accounts) that are available across funds. Accounting might be a little too strong for one-person office environments, especially those accustomed to QuickBooks functionality. ACS partners with Vanco for processing gifts and registration payments. Vanco is great to work with. Together, they have just launched text giving for Realm.

I've been able to successfully check-in people from Windows tablet and have labels waiting at the check-in station (label printer shared from another Windows computer). I like being able to verify attendance with a tablet during service. Text giving in Realm is included with online giving. Dashboards readily available and can be customized for Giving, Attendance, and Involvement. Plus the Overview can provide quick insights to your database.

Built-in reports have a ways to go.

Judy
Parish Administrator in USA

Realm Review

Kommentare: We are using Realm for both Accounting and the data management of our parish. I've appreciated how user-friendly it is to use and I especially appreciate that I can call and get a quick answer if I'm stumped when trying to do something. As a Parish Administrator it truly supports my ability to do my job - and I'm grateful for its continued excellence.

Ease of Use Fabulous support by phone Integrated online giving Continuous build out and enhancement Relevant to our work in the church Extremely beneficial User Conference annually

Unlike our use of the ACS On Demand software, it doesn't differentiate between pledge payments and general giving when we post the contributions to the GL. This is an enhancement I will be grateful for when and if it is done.

Alex
Discipleship Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Glitchy, unrefined, and lacking major Groups Functionality.

Kommentare: Cross-church communication, mobile messaging, church management and admin.

User interface is clean, crisp and easy enough to use. Our Church congregation enjoys using it and adopted it fairly quickly.

This Church Management Software feels like a Beta-version, and you can tell that it hasn't been tested. It is unrefined, and glitchy, with navigation being confusing at times and illogical. Development teams are not helpful ("Sure, we'll add that to the suggestion box."), and there are some major functionality issues - specifically with their Group Search tools. We've had to manage to separate systems to accommodate the lack of Groups functionality with Realm: an entirely separate Wordpress site with plugins, as well as GroupVitals software. It's a shame that this wasn't more thought-out. I would advise that potential buyers avoid ACS entirely, until they refine the actual software to meet their many "promises." Our transition from the City to Realm was everything but "seamless," caused massive confusion for the end-user, and is negatively affecting online giving (which is about 78% adoption for us.) Overall, Realm has lots of potential, with ACS staff offering tons of promises, but as of right now the software itself has not delivered. Our staff seriously debated between Realm and CCB, and thus far it feels like we may have made the wrong choice.

Carol
administrator in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

too little for too much money

Kommentare: See above. It is too expensive for what you get. It's difficult for our members to understand so they don't use it.

We already have it and can more or less work with it.

the pricing is way out of line for what you get. Other church management softwares include texting with not extra cost, and cost about $60 less a month. There are so many things that should be integrated but aren't. A very big disappointment.

Realm Review

Kommentare: Overall, I like the program and feel it is easy to use. But, there are several things that could be improved. Some things were easier in ACS.

Realm is easy to learn how to work it. The videos and instructions provided are very helpful, as well.

I do not like having to create payroll from scratch and making adjustments for prior payrolls. it is hard to do payroll for two checking accounts, because options are needed to make correct entries. I have to make adjusting entries to correct it after every payroll.

Laurie
Communications Director in USA

Realm Changed the Way we do Ministry

Kommentare: Very positive and the best tech support I have every worked with. If they don't know an answer, they find it and get back to you quickly.

We have been thrilled with Realm and the communication tool it has provided us. Our groups and members are more connected than they have ever been. Elderly people who are home-bound can stay connected to their church and their groups. It has communication features similar to Facebook so congregants to realize it is a database that staff find very useful. The Pathways feature keeps us on track with visitors, baptisms and confirmation steps. Love it!

Enhancements to Realm come often but there are still developments that need to come faster.

Misty
Admin Asst in USA

Great Software for Church Membership

Kommentare: Switched from using a membership database software that we had been using for many years. The improved ease and functionality we found once we switched to Realm was a breath of fresh air!!

Entering and editing member information was very easy and user friendly. Entering contributions could be fully automated with the right equipment (i.e., check scanner, etc.)

It can be a bit difficult to download reports at times. Additionally, the company is constantly updating the software. This is great because it's always being improved....but sometimes things will get moved around or will change in appearance, so it can take a few days to get used to the changes and find everything again.

Sue
Administrative Assistant in USA

Realm Church Management

To me, the most important feature of Realm is the multitude of ways it can be used for church management and record keeping. I can do mailings, emails, attendance, group tracking, contributions and pledge campaigns, reporting and many, many other features. It is very versatile and is easy and intuitive. This is a great program for any small to medium-sized church.

There are a few pre-set reports that I cannot edit. That is a feature I would like to see added.