Deutschland Lokales Produkt

SimScale Erfahrungen

4,5 (141) Eine Bewertung schreiben Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Über SimScale

Entwirf schneller bessere Produkte mit der weltweit ersten cloudbasierten Simulationssoftware mit FEM, CFD und thermischer Analyse auf einer Plattform.

Erfahre mehr über SimScale

Cloud-based computing allowed me to set simulations running without worrying about my own hardware. Free community trial is an excellent way to get to grips with the platform.

Missing features (there is a lot of ongoing development). Big models with a high mesh count are expensive to run.

Bewertungen zu SimScale

SimScale hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 141 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SimScale bereits verwendet?

Paras
Paras
Aerodynamics Engineer in Indien
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Detailed & Easy

I am an OpenFOAM user and I like the freedom it gives the user to play with the parameters. SimScale offers the same level of freedom but with an interface that's simple and effortless to handle. Since it is cloud-based there isn't any need to download it and even the free version provides a lot of computing hours.

I am still exploring the software and have enjoyed every bit of it. I would appreciate if the tutorials emphasize more on the values used while mesh refining as well as Numerics and Simulation Control.

Rupak
Stack Mechanical Engineering in Kanada
Öl & Energie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A good CFD tool

Kommentare: It is a very good tool. The support is excellent. They are very responsive and get back with solutions to the issues. The tool is still under rapid development and is only likely to add more features with time.

SimScale has made a cloud native simulation platform that works seamlessly. Importing CAD from OnShape is extrememly easy, while you also have the option of importing from your computer. Setting up simulations is extremely easy and it is convenient to setup the default cases very quickly. It takes a bit more effort to figure out how to change away from the defaults and incorporate approaches which are no pre-built. The post processing is also quite easy. You can also download the results and post-process in ParaView which is very helpful and opens up lots of options.

Although the integration with OnShape is extremely good, it requires a separate license. A small set of CAD features within SimScale would be very helpful. All of the post processing is visual. The ability to output certain results in tables / plots would be helpful. A measuring tool within the simulation domain would be very helpful. When setting boundary conditions, it is sometimes very useful to have a measuring tool to get a idea of some dimensions.

Mark
Testing Engineer in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

CFD + Customer Service need work

Speed Ease of use/understanding Complete control; SimScale has built-in options that allows more advanced users better control Customer support responds quickly

I worked on a project evaluating SimScale for use in a professional setting and the software was unable to provide accurate results for a simple CFD simulation that I worked on with customer support for quite some time. They were responsive, but seemingly unable to find any issue with my solution that would only converge with unreliable results, if at all. Soon, they stopped responding. It just looks like the implementation of OpenFoam for CFD and the support staff are not at the level they need to be for SimScale to work for us right now. Hopefully things will improve in the future!

Antwort von SimScale

Dear Mark, Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am sorry to hear that you didn¿t have a positive support experience. We treat the success of our customers as our success. So we aim at answering all user questions with effective solutions that help them get the job done faster. It seems like we didn¿t achieve that in your case. After a review of the support logs, it looks like this is what happened: Our support team answered via the live chat but you were already offline. Then the automatic follow-up email that is sent in case a user doesn¿t read the chat message wasn't sent out. This is currently being investigated to ensure it doesn¿t happen in the future. In case you¿re willing to give SimScale a second chance, our support team would love to help you be successful with your next CFD project. If there is anything in addition we can do to help remedy your experience, feel free to reach out to me directly. All the best, David Heiny Managing Director and Co-Founder of SimScale

Jason
Reliability Supervisor in USA
Chemikalien, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Cost effective solutions in a rapid manner

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been great with SimScale. I've been able to either work through challenges myself using the readily available documentation or as a last resort reach out to the customer support for a quick resolution.

SimScale is easy to implement since it is entirely web-based. Not IT restrictions or limitations as you might experience with other similar software. There is a tremendous user community and the customer support is excellent. The workflow in SimScale is linear and easily understood by users even with limited experience. The help files and documentation often help resolve any problems you might be experiencing with the simulations.

In my field dealing with pressure vessels and piping, it would be beneficial to have a way to model cracks in order to predict propagation that would align with Level 3 FFS assessments.

Stewart
Principal Mechanical Development Engineer in Schweiz
Lebensmittelproduktion, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good for Thermal Mass Transfer and High Velocity Gas Flow Analysis

Kommentare: I have improved, explained, or discounted a number of my designs with the help of SimScale. SimScale's strength is in CFD and Thermal Analysis.

Good support, tutorials and worked examples. SimScale is quite good for the casual user and the mathematics is well hidden. The default Numerics seem to work most of the time.

In my opinion the software is still a work in progress, especially the interface, but this is good in a way because there are always new improvements appearing.If the CFD default Numerics do not work the settings can quickly confuse and without support from the Simscale Support team I would worry. To increase the user base of CFD someone has to come up with more obvious terms and explanations in this space, e.g. when is it best to use Gauss Linear Limited Corrected instead of Gauss Linear Corrected? This is true of most CFD tools that I have experienced.

Rafael
Chief Engineer in Chile
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Talleres Artificio Review

Kommentare: I see a lot of potential in Simscale, is a really good modeling tool and has a lot of tutorials and a quick answering customer support.

I like Simscale, because you can achieve really good results, is really easy to use and the support answers really fast if you have any questions. Also, I can keep using my computer for other things like making a report or editing the geometry for a new design.

Maybe Simscale should include in the future shell and beam elements.

Power Solutions Manager in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to learn, even without previous FEA experience

Kommentare: I am an electrical engineer by training and don't routinely use FEA software in my current role. However, I had a problem that needed solving, no access to any other FEA packages, so I found SimScale. I probably won't be able to justify a fully licensed version, but the learning opportunity alone on the trial version is well worth your time investment. The ease of use and how quickly I was able to run a basic simulation was amazing. Even importing geometry was easy. Also very helpful is the ability to see how your solution is converging (or not). With that data you can make assessments about time step, mesh resolution, etc. It makes striking a balance between accuracy and computational intensity much easier to judge.

The online tutorials made this software very easy to gain a basic proficiency very quickly. The menu layout makes it easy to set simulation parameters and reduces the chance of missing something that will negatively impact the accuracy of your simulation.

So far I've found nothing that I don't like.

Mechanical Engineer in USA
Design, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple to use

Kommentare: We needed a CFD solution that came with great support for the casual user. We only use it a few times a year, but it gives us great results. This helps us to have confidence our designs will perform as desired.

For a company that does not have a full time simulation staff person this is perfect. Easy to learn and support is #1.

Nothing. This software is great. When I get interns and they need to simulate something I just link them up with SimScale. The support people at SimScale are great and help on board my staff.

Patrick
Patrick
Consultant, Weapon System Engineer, Founder in Australien
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Simscale evaluation

Kommentare: I compared the software with Ansys, which I used for many years, and it's getting close to provide me the same experience.

Cloud based, powerfull, easy to link with CAD

Not covering the dynamic explicit, post processing has been improved but still need improvement, no possibility to restart simulation in dynamic

Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

All around support

It supports all types of 3D models and can be used from anywhere since it is cloud-based.

In the beginning, it is not very intuitive. Complicated simulations can become too much for the software.

Ajay Bangalore
Scientific Co-Worker in Deutschland
Forschung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent platform

Kommentare: I have tried several simulations - ranging from solid, fluid, particles etc. The platform is extremely well built and robust. I liked that it was extremely easy to use. The aspect I liked the most was that there is a community version that students and learners could use. In addition, I think the professional version serves best for more advanced users who would use simulations for design in a more pronounced manner and on an everyday basis. The forums are extremely helpful and I am really glad regarding the speed at which one receives replies both from the people working in the company and also other users. In addition, the blogs and help files definitely make it really easy to use the platform. One of the aspects I also liked is the fact that it is based on open-source codes. So it is not a black box. I could go to openFOAM and check out how things work. The codes are all well parallelized that I have never faced any issues. Issues with parallelization are a general problem in this line of work but with SimScale this was really handy. There are definitely some aspects where they can improve:
2. Allow users to use custom material models. Most often, in both industry and academia, we do not use material models given in the software but would like to input our own material model. This is what drives most of the R&D centres. 3. There are no ad-hoc algorithms that allow hexahedral mesh generation for all geometries. I can think this as one of the reasons why SimScale might not have hexahedral mesh generator. But this can be significantly useful for many applications. I am sure this is a platform with great potential for the future & I will look forward to upcoming features.

There are definitely some aspects where they can improve: 1. Providing structural elements like shells, beams, and plates. Most of the large aspect ratio structures are very time consuming to model using 3D FEM 2. Allow users to use custom material models. Most often, in both industry and academia, we do not use material models given in the software but would like to input our own material model. This is what drives most of the R&D centres. 3. There are no ad-hoc algorithms that allow hexahedral mesh generation for all geometries. I can think this as one of the reasons why SimScale might not have hexahedral mesh generator. But this can be significantly useful for many applications.

Alberto Jose
CFD Engineer in Spanien
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Great general purpose CFD for beginners but lacking some features required by advanced users

Kommentare: It is a great choice to start tackling CFD, it is quite good in pricing and capabilities for a CFD beginner or even for a medium-experienced one. However, it lacks some developed tools required to manage complex simulations (which require more developed and powerful pre- and postprocessing tools)

The escalability (so you can launch lots of simulations simoultaneously) and not having to invest in hardware costs

The features available for postprocessing and meshing, which are very limited. For meshing the main problem is the lack of better tools to manage geometric primitives so you can control the mesh. For postprocessing the problem is having to know what results you need to extract before knowing the solution to your flowfield.

Engineer in Schweiz
Architektur & Planung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

a simulating software for everyone

Kommentare: Simscale i would describe as a tool for everyone. Especially as beginner without deep knowledge it is really easy to setup a simulation and run it. There are also many tutorials, example projects and a pretty good documentation online so you can learn how to use it. If you still have questions or need help you can use the forum and there is also chat integrated. If you use the chat you will have mostly an answer within a couple of minutes from one of the lovely simscale staff. You really feel that they will do their best to make your project a success. There is also some negative things, like missing features and the high cost of running models with a high mesh count. Overall the best thing you can do is to make your own experience with the tool. You can create an account for free in a couple of minutes and start simulating.

+ no hardware requirements + no installation + cloud + it offers wide toolsets for CFD and FEM + brilliant support + high value in customer feedback + huge community with a lot of example projects + good documentations

- missing features (there is a lot of ongoing development) - big models with a high mesh count are expensive to run

Arek
Design Engineer in UK
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Good but could be better

Kommentare: Pros: easily accessible, relatively ease of use, based on very good solvers, good customer experience and communication. Cons: lack of "pay as you go option", lack of free access to CFD tutorial license option to get proficient in the software to reduce price of use, such payment solution pushes away people who don't have regular customer base yet from SimScale to CalculiX, OpenFOAM, Salome platform. For the price of the training and 1 year access I did OpenFoam training with accommodation in Italy. OpenFOAM itself doesn't cost a bit! I recommend:
- introducing pay as you go option,
-allowing other simulations for free with limited amount of nodes/elements to learn the interface
-reduce the price for training
Generally very good idea! Regards,
Arek

Antwort von SimScale

Dear Arek, since your feedback in 2015, we changed a few aspects. We hope you will be happy to find out that: - The free Community plan was introduced, which gives access to all simulation features for public projects at no cost - The price for SimScale Professional Training was reduced from 1500 EUR to 500 EUR: https://www.simscale.com/professional-training/ - more than 25 workshop series and webinars recordings were published for free on the SimScale website: https://www.simscale.com/learning/webinars/ - on the Tutorials page you can find 40 step-by-step simulation tutorials that can help you learn SimScale for free: https://www.simscale.com/step-by-step-tutorials/

Florian
Co-founder in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

CAE without the capital investment

Kommentare: Interesting project that keeps evolving all the time. The customer service is extremely good and personal. From onboarding to troubleshooting.

It fits an agile workflow very well, without blocking a workstation (which is not needed, any laptop will do) and no overhead of maintains your own cluster. The tools tend to be a bit slower then proprietary solutions but the messaging workflow is nice. Connection to Onshape cloud cad is a big plus.

Some features change their functionality and or disappear for a while. They are brought back later and better, but it hinders the workflow.

Dale
Product designer in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Impressive Experience

Kommentare: There is no other engineering interface that combines everything which SimScale has tackled.

It simplifies many extremely complex engineering disciplines into one interface.

Slow reactivity to new proven user features (like streamlined project commenting availability).

Galin
Project Engineer in Deutschland
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SimScale - a great solution for SMEs

What I liked the most about the platform is the dedicated customer support. From the onboarding project that helped me get started, to the regular web-meetings with an experienced Customer Success Engineer, the customer support of SimScale excels at many levels. Another thing that I liked is the ease of use of the platform. The interface is pretty straightforward and the team behind SimScale is constantly working on improving it. The automated mesher functions great and succeeds at meshing complex geometries.

The lack of shell elements and the lack of possibility to model composite materials. SimScale also has limited functionality when it comes to fatigue. As more features are implemented, I hope to see these soon :)

Ermo
associate professor in Estland
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Short introduction to test some simple metal constructions

Kommentare: I encountered some problems regarding model creation during process. Problem is that I tried to repeat tutorial described process, so failed on a half way and was not able to repeat this on my own models. So excellent idea, fantastic solution but complex enough not to hit it on first time and some minor questions regarding repeating the lessons. Sorry I have not found time to get in deeper, but please continue to develop this solution. :)

Antwort von SimScale

Dear Ermo, thank you for taking the time to review our product! In the meantime, we added more than 10 workshop series and 15 webinar recordings that might be better for you to get used to simulating with SimScale. The industries and applications for which they were organized are very diverse, from Automotive and Aerospace to Thermal and Cooling cases. Please take a look here: https://www.simscale.com/learning/webinars/ and here: https://www.simscale.com/learning/workshops/

Harald
Director in Deutschland
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An excellent tool for mechanical analysis

Kommentare: Shorter development cycles, more capability in analysis mechanical components during the design stage.

It has a great user interface. Projects can be shared, version managed, and worked on collaboratively. It offers easy access to state of the art open source FEA analysis algorithms without all the hassle.

The 3D view could be smoother. It looks as if they are rendering it on a server, instead of having a true webGL interface. But that is only a minor issue.

Panagiotis
Panagiotis
Electrical and Electronic engineer in Griechenland
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Need improvement

As an electrical and electronic engineer SimScale is one of the best software to work with.it’s all in one simulation platform, you can perform cooling, heat & fluid flow analysis of electronic devices, PCBs, electronics systems

For my experience the cad had a lot of bugs and the wire connection it was always hard with simScale

Thomas
engineer in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, Selbstständig

Great learning tool and

It's free for public users/hobbyists making it a great way to start learning about analysis. It lets you be free to make mistakes and learn from them and try again.

I haven't used much other analysis packages so I don't really have anything to compare to

Gustavo
Field Supervisor in Mexiko
Bau, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Nice aproach and easy to use.

Kommentare: the software is pretty useful, the tutorials are enogh if you had use any simulation software before, in the other hand, if i compare it with ansys im not sure about the the accuracy of the methods or the calculations. but as a fact if i have a hurry, i will use simscale it is faster.

the way it manage the data. you can work any time and almost everywere

the confidence on the results is compromised, many clients requires some specific software in order to maintain this confidence.

Antwort von SimScale

Thank you for your feedback, Gustavo! The reason why we developed SimScale is to give everyone access to a powerful simulation solution. This is why actually our focus is on quality and accuracy of results. Please see here more than 40 validation cases that compare SimScale's simulation results with experimental data: https://www.simscale.com/docs/content/validation.html

William
Engineering Director in USA
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for the startup

Kommentare: We gained the insight by simulations we ran, which helped us to optimize out product in short time.

Easy to setup and running without IT and equipment overhead.The best part was the real time support integrated through the software. It helped us to move quickly with the help of knowledgeable support engineers.

More control over various mesh would have been much nicer.

Salaheddine
Engineer in Marokko
Tiefbau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Feedback

-I find that the interface is more efficient and saves time, -The quality of postprocessing is perfect, -The mesh quality tool that can facilitate the study of mesh sensitivity and reduce the associated numerical errors. -Timely support and documentation is very helpful, even for beginners in CFD.

-The CAD mode needs more functionality to manage most of the modeling or CAD preparation. - Custom Field Function (CFF) and User Defined Function (UDF) need to be integrated in Simscale. - The 2D streamlines need also to be integrated in the post-processing if there is a 3D model to analyze.

Andy
Neuseeland

Simscale: The Thingiverse of CFD

Kommentare: Simscale enables users to design and run various forms of physical modelling from the user's web-browser. From Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), the capabilities are very broad. Providing a user-friendly interface and cutting the barriers to learning, e.g. access to software and computational power, Simscale represents a very promising way of learning various elements of computational modelling.

Antwort von SimScale

Wow! Such a great review, Andy. Thank you and we hope you will get a chance to participate in one of our free online workshops this quarter. We are planning a few interesting ones for our users.