Filtern nach:

Über SimScale

Entwirf schneller bessere Produkte mit der weltweit ersten cloudbasierten Simulationssoftware mit FEM, CFD und thermischer Analyse auf einer Plattform.

Erfahre mehr über SimScale

Paras G.
Paras G.
Aerodynamics Engineer in Indien
Druck, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Detailed & Easy

I am an OpenFOAM user and I like the freedom it gives the user to play with the parameters. SimScale offers the same level of freedom but with an interface that's simple and effortless to handle. Since it is cloud-based there isn't any need to download it and even the free version provides a lot of computing hours.

I am still exploring the software and have enjoyed every bit of it. I would appreciate if the tutorials emphasize more on the values used while mesh refining as well as Numerics and Simulation Control.

Michael H.
Power Solutions Manager in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to learn, even without previous FEA experience

Kommentare: I am an electrical engineer by training and don't routinely use FEA software in my current role. However, I had a problem that needed solving, no access to any other FEA packages, so I found SimScale. I probably won't be able to justify a fully licensed version, but the learning opportunity alone on the trial version is well worth your time investment. The ease of use and how quickly I was able to run a basic simulation was amazing. Even importing geometry was easy. Also very helpful is the ability to see how your solution is converging (or not). With that data you can make assessments about time step, mesh resolution, etc. It makes striking a balance between accuracy and computational intensity much easier to judge.

The online tutorials made this software very easy to gain a basic proficiency very quickly. The menu layout makes it easy to set simulation parameters and reduces the chance of missing something that will negatively impact the accuracy of your simulation.

So far I've found nothing that I don't like.

Mark H.
Testing Engineer in USA
11-50 Mitarbeiter

CFD + Customer Service need work

Speed Ease of use/understanding Complete control; SimScale has built-in options that allows more advanced users better control Customer support responds quickly

I worked on a project evaluating SimScale for use in a professional setting and the software was unable to provide accurate results for a simple CFD simulation that I worked on with customer support for quite some time. They were responsive, but seemingly unable to find any issue with my solution that would only converge with unreliable results, if at all. Soon, they stopped responding. It just looks like the implementation of OpenFoam for CFD and the support staff are not at the level they need to be for SimScale to work for us right now. Hopefully things will improve in the future!

Antwort von SimScale

Dear Mark, Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am sorry to hear that you didn¿t have a positive support experience. We treat the success of our customers as our success. So we aim at answering all user questions with effective solutions that help them get the job done faster. It seems like we didn¿t achieve that in your case. After a review of the support logs, it looks like this is what happened: Our support team answered via the live chat but you were already offline. Then the automatic follow-up email that is sent in case a user doesn¿t read the chat message wasn't sent out. This is currently being investigated to ensure it doesn¿t happen in the future. In case you¿re willing to give SimScale a second chance, our support team would love to help you be successful with your next CFD project. If there is anything in addition we can do to help remedy your experience, feel free to reach out to me directly. All the best, David Heiny Managing Director and Co-Founder of SimScale

John W.
Mechanical Engineer in USA
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Simple to use

Kommentare: We needed a CFD solution that came with great support for the casual user. We only use it a few times a year, but it gives us great results. This helps us to have confidence our designs will perform as desired.

For a company that does not have a full time simulation staff person this is perfect. Easy to learn and support is #1.

Nothing. This software is great. When I get interns and they need to simulate something I just link them up with SimScale. The support people at SimScale are great and help on board my staff.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Ansys SpaceClaim

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimScale: Cost, cloud based software and support right in the model file you're working on.

Patrick F.
Patrick F.
Consultant, Weapon System Engineer, Founder in Australien
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Simscale evaluation

Kommentare: I compared the software with Ansys, which I used for many years, and it's getting close to provide me the same experience.

Cloud based, powerfull, easy to link with CAD

Not covering the dynamic explicit, post processing has been improved but still need improvement, no possibility to restart simulation in dynamic

Senior Field Engineer in USA
Telekommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

All around support

It supports all types of 3D models and can be used from anywhere since it is cloud-based.

In the beginning, it is not very intuitive. Complicated simulations can become too much for the software.

-doron -.
CEO in Israel
Tiefbau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

surely recommend SimScale

Kommentare: I guess the above says it all.
Excellent CFD tool. Perfect support in both - knowledge, patience and response time!!

SimScale covers several applications for CFD analysis. My office is doing analysis and design for structures in the widest form. We do structures in Civil Engineering, Aeronautics, industrial equipment of all types. SimScale seems to fit any application within this list! The LBM option for wind pressure distribution on high rise. The PWC - an automated solution for wind comfort. The incompressible for airfoils etc. The multi-phase for liquid-air interaction. and probably a lot is yet to come.....

1. Show the CFL criteria plotted while running. 2. Enable video screen capture! now using 3rd party app.

Salaheddine H.
Engineer in Marokko
Tiefbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Feedback

-I find that the interface is more efficient and saves time, -The quality of postprocessing is perfect, -The mesh quality tool that can facilitate the study of mesh sensitivity and reduce the associated numerical errors. -Timely support and documentation is very helpful, even for beginners in CFD.

-The CAD mode needs more functionality to manage most of the modeling or CAD preparation. - Custom Field Function (CFF) and User Defined Function (UDF) need to be integrated in Simscale. - The 2D streamlines need also to be integrated in the post-processing if there is a 3D model to analyze.

General Engineer in USA
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Clean, easy to use FEA

Kommentare: I used SimScale largely to test out whether there was an alternative FEA program that I preferred to the programs I had used thus far. I found SimScale easy to use, but overall it wasn't the best fit for my needs at the time. Still, I would recommend SimScale if you don't need to get down into the fine details of FEA as much.

SimScale was extremely easy to use, had a nice user interface, and for my purposes, was free. I liked that it was web-based because I didn't have to use my computing power on my machine.

As with some commercial FEA products, SimScale allowed less "under the hood" tinkering with model parameters than other packages such as Abaqus.

Moritz Z.
Division Manager Building Climate Control and Digitalization in Schweiz
Architektur & Planung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

SimScale is the most efficient CFD-Software I know so far

Kommentare: Basically, I am very satisfied with the software and look forward to the further projects. So far, I have been able to increase efficiency from project to project.

These three points I like most about SimScale: - no local, powerful hardware is needed - clear guide for the input of the parameters - fantastic support: fast, competent and helpful

I model the building structure in Revit architecture software. Sometimes there are errors in the model import, which are not clearly visible and therefore difficult to improve. This costs unnecessary time and nerves.

Ajith W.
Entrepreneur in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, Selbstständig

SimScale User Experience

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Excellent product at a reasonable price. With a professional subscription you get privacy for your data and a fixed amount of core hours that can be used for simulations. As you need you can buy more core hours at a very reasonable cost. Also, by controlling the number of cores (using simulation setup) you can manage the consumption of core hours. If you let the software automatically select the number of cores it can get quite expensive in terms of usage of core hours.
Also, tutorials and consultants make all the difference in terms of speed of learning. Customer service provided by the consultants in terms of responsiveness, quality and depth is outstanding. I have never experience better service in my experience of working 25 years in the software development industry.

EASE OF USE: I used it for compressible flow fluid simulations. It is very easy to setup and run a simulation in SimScale and analyze the output. SimsScale GUI is excellent. You can specify specify forces and moments and/or area averages to monitor statistics across specific faces of objects and also obtain statistics using post processing simulation results using cutting planes and particle traces. EASE of SETUP: Because all computations are on the cloud you can use any computer with reasonable power to run SimScale using a web browser. Further you can submit many simulation runs which runs in the back ground on the cloud. SUPPORT AND DOCUMENTATION: SimScale provides excellent library of on-line tutorials that enables you to self learn. They also provide unlimited access to a very competent, patient and helpful team of consultants free of charge to provide assistance with simple and complex issues. EASE of LEARNING: You don't need to be an expert on Computational Fluid Dynamics to use SimScale. Having a basic understanding of CFD will suffice. I used the books recommended by SimScale to self learn CFD before using SimScale for increasingly complex simulations including Turbine simulations. Although I do have a Civil engineering background with graduate studies in Operations Research I did not have deep expertise in fluid mechanics and CFD before I got started. Between tutorials and assistance of SimScale consultants you can learn very fast.

SimScale user experience is fundamentally very good. I only have minor issues. One feature I would really like to see in SimScale is to have the ability to specify surface area averages on a cross section created by an arbitrary cutting plane. Currently you can do that only on specific faces of a imported CAD object. For example inlets, outlets or surfaces. By defining a surface area average you can also see how statistics across that area change as a function of iterations. Currently only way to get this information for non-surfaces is by post processing simulation data using cutting planes. This requires more work and takes time. Also SimScale can be somewhat slow to paint the screens because of large amounts of data involved. Another area of improvement is to provide more tutorials and documentation as to how to improve the mesh quality. Currently what is available is some what limited.

Ajay bangalore H.
Scientific Co-Worker in Deutschland
Forschung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent platform

Kommentare: I have tried several simulations - ranging from solid, fluid, particles etc. The platform is extremely well built and robust. I liked that it was extremely easy to use. The aspect I liked the most was that there is a community version that students and learners could use. In addition, I think the professional version serves best for more advanced users who would use simulations for design in a more pronounced manner and on an everyday basis. The forums are extremely helpful and I am really glad regarding the speed at which one receives replies both from the people working in the company and also other users. In addition, the blogs and help files definitely make it really easy to use the platform. One of the aspects I also liked is the fact that it is based on open-source codes. So it is not a black box. I could go to openFOAM and check out how things work. The codes are all well parallelized that I have never faced any issues. Issues with parallelization are a general problem in this line of work but with SimScale this was really handy. There are definitely some aspects where they can improve:
2. Allow users to use custom material models. Most often, in both industry and academia, we do not use material models given in the software but would like to input our own material model. This is what drives most of the R&D centres. 3. There are no ad-hoc algorithms that allow hexahedral mesh generation for all geometries. I can think this as one of the reasons why SimScale might not have hexahedral mesh generator. But this can be significantly useful for many applications. I am sure this is a platform with great potential for the future & I will look forward to upcoming features.

There are definitely some aspects where they can improve: 1. Providing structural elements like shells, beams, and plates. Most of the large aspect ratio structures are very time consuming to model using 3D FEM 2. Allow users to use custom material models. Most often, in both industry and academia, we do not use material models given in the software but would like to input our own material model. This is what drives most of the R&D centres. 3. There are no ad-hoc algorithms that allow hexahedral mesh generation for all geometries. I can think this as one of the reasons why SimScale might not have hexahedral mesh generator. But this can be significantly useful for many applications.

Guillermo G.
Engineer in Kolumbien
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Engineering simulation in the cloud

Kommentare: I have been using SimScale to tackle professional consulting projects, in the fields of structural analysis and flow simulation. It has allowed me to run detailed models to my like, and even run many simulations at the same time. All computation process and data is hosted in the cloud, so I can rest assured, turn off my computer and leave it running overnight. When needed help or advice, the forum is a great place with experienced, willing to help people.

The ability to run big models, such as FEA meshes in the order of 10 million nodes, and CFD in the order of 20 million cells, without the need of building a supercomputer is a game breaker. Just log in from a web browser and you are good to go to create, setup, run, supervise and post process any simulation. The support, both from the company and in the forum by other users is superb. Also, easy to access online tutorials, documentation, webinars and example projects lower the entre barrier for professionals that are new in the field.

Still missing some functionality to be considered a complete suite, basically some FEA and CFD simulation models.

Zandrich M.
Marketing Officer in Südafrika
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Convenience - and Beyond

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: All members of the team operating SimScale routinely agree that SimScale is their default, the first and final choice.

Our use of SimScale was, in every respect, the product of an unforeseen use-case - and it happened to have a positive impact on our company. What was, initially, an uninformed purchase we simply had to make in order to facilitate the very specific needs of a client on short notice, resulted in the establishment of a team dedicated to SimScale - which has in the last eight months almost doubled its value over its set budget earlier this year. There was an instance where we required strictly thermal simulations to be conducted to specific criteria - something we had never done before, let alone knew was included in the functionality of SimScale - thankfully, a professional we had hired in an attempt to cement the contract kindly pointed out it was already available, he just needed the helm in order to put his skills to use - on the very day he was hired. Although use of SimScale is restricted to a single team, I've not received anything other than praise for the suite and services. I have no doubt that SimScale is the standard in all fields where these simulations are routinely conducted.

We had minor difficulty making use of the software, but this was because of lack of experience on our end, rather than a flaw on the end of SimScale.

Alberto jose M.
CFD Engineer in Spanien
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Great general purpose CFD for beginners but lacking some features required by advanced users

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It is a great choice to start tackling CFD, it is quite good in pricing and capabilities for a CFD beginner or even for a medium-experienced one. However, it lacks some developed tools required to manage complex simulations (which require more developed and powerful pre- and postprocessing tools)

The escalability (so you can launch lots of simulations simoultaneously) and not having to invest in hardware costs

The features available for postprocessing and meshing, which are very limited. For meshing the main problem is the lack of better tools to manage geometric primitives so you can control the mesh. For postprocessing the problem is having to know what results you need to extract before knowing the solution to your flowfield.

Sustainability Analyst in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for CFD simulation and workflow

Kommentare: We started with using the Community plan and then upgrade. We were able to simulate the built environment with respect to air temperature, wind speed, humidity and mean radiant temperature and the quality of output/results were commendable. The computational power is enormous, which is a first for CFD software. SimScale is user-friendly and has a simple interface. Highly recommended.

The fact that SimScale is completely web-based CFD software that is capable of providing tangible outputs in a short period of time with the help of real-time simulation with no reduction in resources of the system, is the best aspect of this software. This is better than other CFD software that typically takes weeks to simulate a 24 hour period with basic boundary conditions. SimScale allows us to simulate the built environment with respect to thermal simulation, wind analysis, heat island etc. with the help of CAD models within the browser, you don't need any expensive hardware upgrades or parallel computing either. The software is also capable of providing thermal comfort parameter outputs such as PMV and PPD, which can help designers to consider these when designing pedestrian/occupant friendly spaces.

Customer care can be a bit more proactive in solving issues. Secondly, there is currently no option to calculate PET, SET and UTCI which are outdoor thermal comfort parameters and can be added in a future upgrade.

Christopher Q.
Mechanical Engineer in USA

Cloud Simulation Really Works

Kommentare: I have used a lot of simulation packages over the past twenty five years including Nastran, Ansys, Solidworks, and a host of others. I have been using Simscale for about nine months now and it has become my goto simulation tool. The cloud concept provides a lot of benefits and one of my favorite is the convenience it allows. I am no longer tied to my Windows workstation, now I perform most of my analysis on a $250 chromebook. I can work on my simulations anywhere and I no longer have to worry about my ram or graphics drivers or versions of Windows. While the convenience of a browser based simulation tool is great, it has also allowed me to run models larger than I have ever conceived on my own workstation. I can run a static analysis with over 20 million DOFs and it will solve in a couple of hours. The value proposition is another huge benefit. The annual subscription rate is less than the maintenance fee I paid on my Solidworks Simulation with only linear static capability. Simscale includes linear and nonlinear structural analysis as well as thermal and CFD. I am also saving money because I do not have to worry about updating my workstation or Windows. Simscale is not a perfect tool, the two biggest areas of pain for me are the element types and the post processing. Right now Simscale does not support shells, beams, or springs. They are limited to primarily to tet elements so you have to use workarounds to accomplish some things. Also, the online post processor works well for small and medium jobs but for really large jobs you will need to postprocess locally. One other noteworthy area is customer service. Simscale probably has the most responsive customer service of any of the simulation companies I have work with.

Antwort von SimScale

Thanks for such a great feedback, Christopher!

David A.
Engineer in Schweiz
Architektur & Planung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

a simulating software for everyone

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Simscale i would describe as a tool for everyone. Especially as beginner without deep knowledge it is really easy to setup a simulation and run it. There are also many tutorials, example projects and a pretty good documentation online so you can learn how to use it. If you still have questions or need help you can use the forum and there is also chat integrated. If you use the chat you will have mostly an answer within a couple of minutes from one of the lovely simscale staff. You really feel that they will do their best to make your project a success. There is also some negative things, like missing features and the high cost of running models with a high mesh count. Overall the best thing you can do is to make your own experience with the tool. You can create an account for free in a couple of minutes and start simulating.

+ no hardware requirements + no installation + cloud + it offers wide toolsets for CFD and FEM + brilliant support + high value in customer feedback + huge community with a lot of example projects + good documentations

- missing features (there is a lot of ongoing development) - big models with a high mesh count are expensive to run

Amrit pal S.
Indien

Amendment in model tree

Kommentare: Simscale is good simulation software and also your efforts toward beta version of post processing is really great but whenever I hover mouse arrow over some of the items of value editing interface such as Details of load Boundary conditions I do not feel that there is something related to properties after type option because some time it does not show expanded mode of details so as a result one can get confused where to fill up force properties.For this I advice you, Tell your front end web interface developer of software that Detail portion should be highlighted by some outlining so that One can easily find that something in this particular portion without reading details or you can write something easy their like ADD THE VECTORS etc. Instead of Only writing just DETAILS. and Same thing happens with hovering arrow over simulations tree,Indication of selecting particular term in this just highlighted by switching arrow in hand but efficient way to turn it highlighted or emphasized by changing color of terms ,Last one and very important ,You should add search engine to scene tree so that one can easily select search particular surface or entity so that Time of searching manually reduced Because It is very difficult search a entity from hundreds If you want to take look you can look over MSC FOOSA model tree search type .You Will get lot of help from that. Thank you

Antwort von SimScale

Thank you for your feedback, Amrit! We will look into it. We are working on improving the platform for our users on a constant basis, so your comments are very much appreciated!

Lorenzo V.
Aedorynamic Department Member in Italien
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

An amazing tool

Kommentare: This tool has enabled me and my colleagues to achieve great results in car aerodynamics simulation. Its simplicity made easy to explain CFD simulations to the "newbies" and improve our workflow.

It is a great tool because is offers a lot of power for the simulations and simplicity of use that is unrivaled by other tools.

Sometimes there are very specific needs that cannot be satisfied. This problems affects only minor aspects of the simulations: SimScale can always be used as a main tool

Arek P.
Design Engineer in UK
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Good but could be better

Kommentare: Pros: easily accessible, relatively ease of use, based on very good solvers, good customer experience and communication. Cons: lack of "pay as you go option", lack of free access to CFD tutorial license option to get proficient in the software to reduce price of use, such payment solution pushes away people who don't have regular customer base yet from SimScale to CalculiX, OpenFOAM, Salome platform. For the price of the training and 1 year access I did OpenFoam training with accommodation in Italy. OpenFOAM itself doesn't cost a bit! I recommend:
- introducing pay as you go option,
-allowing other simulations for free with limited amount of nodes/elements to learn the interface
-reduce the price for training
Generally very good idea! Regards,
Arek

Antwort von SimScale

Dear Arek, since your feedback in 2015, we changed a few aspects. We hope you will be happy to find out that: - The free Community plan was introduced, which gives access to all simulation features for public projects at no cost - The price for SimScale Professional Training was reduced from 1500 EUR to 500 EUR: https://www.simscale.com/professional-training/ - more than 25 workshop series and webinars recordings were published for free on the SimScale website: https://www.simscale.com/learning/webinars/ - on the Tutorials page you can find 40 step-by-step simulation tutorials that can help you learn SimScale for free: https://www.simscale.com/step-by-step-tutorials/

Jacob S.
Engineer in USA
Landwirtschaft, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simscale after a 1.5 years

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Very positive experience. When I had questions about the product I had very enthusiatic assistance from the simscale support team. I also very much enjoy the Simscale forum. It is an open place to discuss simulations, and any questions you might regarding the product.

I really like the ability to create multiple simulations to run parallel. Also the large offering of post processing allows for very informational and diverse results to be presented.

Sometimes it was a bit confusing what could create a simulation fail. This could have been inexperience with FEA, but as I used the product more and more I was able to increase my success rate and avoid common recurring errors.

Florian W.
Co-founder in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

CAE without the capital investment

Kommentare: Interesting project that keeps evolving all the time. The customer service is extremely good and personal. From onboarding to troubleshooting.

It fits an agile workflow very well, without blocking a workstation (which is not needed, any laptop will do) and no overhead of maintains your own cluster. The tools tend to be a bit slower then proprietary solutions but the messaging workflow is nice. Connection to Onshape cloud cad is a big plus.

Some features change their functionality and or disappear for a while. They are brought back later and better, but it hinders the workflow.

Eva S.
Deutschland
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Really cool simulation platform!

Kommentare: Hello,
I'm a student and I am part of the Formula Student. Therefor I wanted to learn Simscale after I participated in the FSG Workshop for Aerodynamics which was taught by Simscale. I think it is really practicable that it works cloud based. Therefor the simulations run through much faster and you can decide about the cores without having your CPU getting killed. :D
I think the workshops are awesome you can learn really fast. You get immediately support if you have an error with your simulation or some ideas to gain a solution for a specific technical problem. The project sharing function makes it easy to communicate with other Simscale Users so that they may help you if you have issues. I also like the different kinds of simulations they're offering. There's e.g. the CFD sector with compressible, multiphase and lots and lots of features.
The only sad thing is that it is not easy to handle for new customers or students. But with the workshops you may learn it if you want to so they give much effort to it to make it handsome and I think they do a great job. If you guys would improve the simulation program by making it easier to understand and handle it without converting everything in STL ASCII and maybe improve the CAD-handling in the program then it would be easier for students and for new users too and then I'll give 5 stars for ease of use too. The workshops are fine. :)

Erika B.
Erika B.
CEO in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, browser-based software with excellent customer support

Kommentare: Great training and customer support, easy to use interface that didn't require linux knowledge or other specialized knowledge. Ability to run models from any browser without the need for complex computing.

The user interface for this software, coupled with fantastic customer support and training, make it very easy to jump in and start using it to model complex scenarios from day one. The cloud-based computing means that I didn't need to dedicate an expensive computer to CFD modeling, and could run multiple simulations at once while still operating my main computer.

I've used the software primarily for CFD, and there have been a few pieces of openFOAM functionality (which is simscale's CFD backend) that haven't yet been migrated into simscale, so flexibility in modeling is slightly reduced from openFOAM. However, this is greatly made up for by the ease of use of the software and community experience.