Deutschland Lokales Produkt

SimScale Erfahrungen

4,5 (141) Eine Bewertung schreiben Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Über SimScale

Entwirf schneller bessere Produkte mit der weltweit ersten cloudbasierten Simulationssoftware mit FEM, CFD und thermischer Analyse auf einer Plattform.

Erfahre mehr über SimScale

Cloud-based computing allowed me to set simulations running without worrying about my own hardware. Free community trial is an excellent way to get to grips with the platform.

Missing features (there is a lot of ongoing development). Big models with a high mesh count are expensive to run.

Bewertungen zu SimScale

SimScale hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 141 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SimScale bereits verwendet?

Paras
Paras
Aerodynamics Engineer in Indien
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Detailed & Easy

I am an OpenFOAM user and I like the freedom it gives the user to play with the parameters. SimScale offers the same level of freedom but with an interface that's simple and effortless to handle. Since it is cloud-based there isn't any need to download it and even the free version provides a lot of computing hours.

I am still exploring the software and have enjoyed every bit of it. I would appreciate if the tutorials emphasize more on the values used while mesh refining as well as Numerics and Simulation Control.

Rupak
Stack Mechanical Engineering in Kanada
Öl & Energie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A good CFD tool

Kommentare: It is a very good tool. The support is excellent. They are very responsive and get back with solutions to the issues. The tool is still under rapid development and is only likely to add more features with time.

SimScale has made a cloud native simulation platform that works seamlessly. Importing CAD from OnShape is extrememly easy, while you also have the option of importing from your computer. Setting up simulations is extremely easy and it is convenient to setup the default cases very quickly. It takes a bit more effort to figure out how to change away from the defaults and incorporate approaches which are no pre-built. The post processing is also quite easy. You can also download the results and post-process in ParaView which is very helpful and opens up lots of options.

Although the integration with OnShape is extremely good, it requires a separate license. A small set of CAD features within SimScale would be very helpful. All of the post processing is visual. The ability to output certain results in tables / plots would be helpful. A measuring tool within the simulation domain would be very helpful. When setting boundary conditions, it is sometimes very useful to have a measuring tool to get a idea of some dimensions.

Mark
Testing Engineer in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

CFD + Customer Service need work

Speed Ease of use/understanding Complete control; SimScale has built-in options that allows more advanced users better control Customer support responds quickly

I worked on a project evaluating SimScale for use in a professional setting and the software was unable to provide accurate results for a simple CFD simulation that I worked on with customer support for quite some time. They were responsive, but seemingly unable to find any issue with my solution that would only converge with unreliable results, if at all. Soon, they stopped responding. It just looks like the implementation of OpenFoam for CFD and the support staff are not at the level they need to be for SimScale to work for us right now. Hopefully things will improve in the future!

Antwort von SimScale

Dear Mark, Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am sorry to hear that you didn¿t have a positive support experience. We treat the success of our customers as our success. So we aim at answering all user questions with effective solutions that help them get the job done faster. It seems like we didn¿t achieve that in your case. After a review of the support logs, it looks like this is what happened: Our support team answered via the live chat but you were already offline. Then the automatic follow-up email that is sent in case a user doesn¿t read the chat message wasn't sent out. This is currently being investigated to ensure it doesn¿t happen in the future. In case you¿re willing to give SimScale a second chance, our support team would love to help you be successful with your next CFD project. If there is anything in addition we can do to help remedy your experience, feel free to reach out to me directly. All the best, David Heiny Managing Director and Co-Founder of SimScale

Jason
Reliability Supervisor in USA
Chemikalien, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Cost effective solutions in a rapid manner

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been great with SimScale. I've been able to either work through challenges myself using the readily available documentation or as a last resort reach out to the customer support for a quick resolution.

SimScale is easy to implement since it is entirely web-based. Not IT restrictions or limitations as you might experience with other similar software. There is a tremendous user community and the customer support is excellent. The workflow in SimScale is linear and easily understood by users even with limited experience. The help files and documentation often help resolve any problems you might be experiencing with the simulations.

In my field dealing with pressure vessels and piping, it would be beneficial to have a way to model cracks in order to predict propagation that would align with Level 3 FFS assessments.

Stewart
Principal Mechanical Development Engineer in Schweiz
Lebensmittelproduktion, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good for Thermal Mass Transfer and High Velocity Gas Flow Analysis

Kommentare: I have improved, explained, or discounted a number of my designs with the help of SimScale. SimScale's strength is in CFD and Thermal Analysis.

Good support, tutorials and worked examples. SimScale is quite good for the casual user and the mathematics is well hidden. The default Numerics seem to work most of the time.

In my opinion the software is still a work in progress, especially the interface, but this is good in a way because there are always new improvements appearing.If the CFD default Numerics do not work the settings can quickly confuse and without support from the Simscale Support team I would worry. To increase the user base of CFD someone has to come up with more obvious terms and explanations in this space, e.g. when is it best to use Gauss Linear Limited Corrected instead of Gauss Linear Corrected? This is true of most CFD tools that I have experienced.

Rafael
Chief Engineer in Chile
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Talleres Artificio Review

Kommentare: I see a lot of potential in Simscale, is a really good modeling tool and has a lot of tutorials and a quick answering customer support.

I like Simscale, because you can achieve really good results, is really easy to use and the support answers really fast if you have any questions. Also, I can keep using my computer for other things like making a report or editing the geometry for a new design.

Maybe Simscale should include in the future shell and beam elements.

Power Solutions Manager in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to learn, even without previous FEA experience

Kommentare: I am an electrical engineer by training and don't routinely use FEA software in my current role. However, I had a problem that needed solving, no access to any other FEA packages, so I found SimScale. I probably won't be able to justify a fully licensed version, but the learning opportunity alone on the trial version is well worth your time investment. The ease of use and how quickly I was able to run a basic simulation was amazing. Even importing geometry was easy. Also very helpful is the ability to see how your solution is converging (or not). With that data you can make assessments about time step, mesh resolution, etc. It makes striking a balance between accuracy and computational intensity much easier to judge.

The online tutorials made this software very easy to gain a basic proficiency very quickly. The menu layout makes it easy to set simulation parameters and reduces the chance of missing something that will negatively impact the accuracy of your simulation.

So far I've found nothing that I don't like.

Design, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple to use

Kommentare: We needed a CFD solution that came with great support for the casual user. We only use it a few times a year, but it gives us great results. This helps us to have confidence our designs will perform as desired.

For a company that does not have a full time simulation staff person this is perfect. Easy to learn and support is #1.

Nothing. This software is great. When I get interns and they need to simulate something I just link them up with SimScale. The support people at SimScale are great and help on board my staff.

Patrick
Patrick
Consultant, Weapon System Engineer, Founder in Australien
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Simscale evaluation

Kommentare: I compared the software with Ansys, which I used for many years, and it's getting close to provide me the same experience.

Cloud based, powerfull, easy to link with CAD

Not covering the dynamic explicit, post processing has been improved but still need improvement, no possibility to restart simulation in dynamic

Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

All around support

It supports all types of 3D models and can be used from anywhere since it is cloud-based.

In the beginning, it is not very intuitive. Complicated simulations can become too much for the software.

Ajay Bangalore
Scientific Co-Worker in Deutschland
Forschung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent platform

Kommentare: I have tried several simulations - ranging from solid, fluid, particles etc. The platform is extremely well built and robust. I liked that it was extremely easy to use. The aspect I liked the most was that there is a community version that students and learners could use. In addition, I think the professional version serves best for more advanced users who would use simulations for design in a more pronounced manner and on an everyday basis. The forums are extremely helpful and I am really glad regarding the speed at which one receives replies both from the people working in the company and also other users. In addition, the blogs and help files definitely make it really easy to use the platform. One of the aspects I also liked is the fact that it is based on open-source codes. So it is not a black box. I could go to openFOAM and check out how things work. The codes are all well parallelized that I have never faced any issues. Issues with parallelization are a general problem in this line of work but with SimScale this was really handy. There are definitely some aspects where they can improve:
2. Allow users to use custom material models. Most often, in both industry and academia, we do not use material models given in the software but would like to input our own material model. This is what drives most of the R&D centres. 3. There are no ad-hoc algorithms that allow hexahedral mesh generation for all geometries. I can think this as one of the reasons why SimScale might not have hexahedral mesh generator. But this can be significantly useful for many applications. I am sure this is a platform with great potential for the future & I will look forward to upcoming features.

There are definitely some aspects where they can improve: 1. Providing structural elements like shells, beams, and plates. Most of the large aspect ratio structures are very time consuming to model using 3D FEM 2. Allow users to use custom material models. Most often, in both industry and academia, we do not use material models given in the software but would like to input our own material model. This is what drives most of the R&D centres. 3. There are no ad-hoc algorithms that allow hexahedral mesh generation for all geometries. I can think this as one of the reasons why SimScale might not have hexahedral mesh generator. But this can be significantly useful for many applications.

Zandrich
Marketing Officer in Südafrika
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Convenience - and Beyond

Kommentare: All members of the team operating SimScale routinely agree that SimScale is their default, the first and final choice.

Our use of SimScale was, in every respect, the product of an unforeseen use-case - and it happened to have a positive impact on our company. What was, initially, an uninformed purchase we simply had to make in order to facilitate the very specific needs of a client on short notice, resulted in the establishment of a team dedicated to SimScale - which has in the last eight months almost doubled its value over its set budget earlier this year. There was an instance where we required strictly thermal simulations to be conducted to specific criteria - something we had never done before, let alone knew was included in the functionality of SimScale - thankfully, a professional we had hired in an attempt to cement the contract kindly pointed out it was already available, he just needed the helm in order to put his skills to use - on the very day he was hired. Although use of SimScale is restricted to a single team, I've not received anything other than praise for the suite and services. I have no doubt that SimScale is the standard in all fields where these simulations are routinely conducted.

We had minor difficulty making use of the software, but this was because of lack of experience on our end, rather than a flaw on the end of SimScale.

Christopher

Cloud Simulation Really Works

Kommentare: I have used a lot of simulation packages over the past twenty five years including Nastran, Ansys, Solidworks, and a host of others. I have been using Simscale for about nine months now and it has become my goto simulation tool. The cloud concept provides a lot of benefits and one of my favorite is the convenience it allows. I am no longer tied to my Windows workstation, now I perform most of my analysis on a $250 chromebook. I can work on my simulations anywhere and I no longer have to worry about my ram or graphics drivers or versions of Windows. While the convenience of a browser based simulation tool is great, it has also allowed me to run models larger than I have ever conceived on my own workstation. I can run a static analysis with over 20 million DOFs and it will solve in a couple of hours. The value proposition is another huge benefit. The annual subscription rate is less than the maintenance fee I paid on my Solidworks Simulation with only linear static capability. Simscale includes linear and nonlinear structural analysis as well as thermal and CFD. I am also saving money because I do not have to worry about updating my workstation or Windows. Simscale is not a perfect tool, the two biggest areas of pain for me are the element types and the post processing. Right now Simscale does not support shells, beams, or springs. They are limited to primarily to tet elements so you have to use workarounds to accomplish some things. Also, the online post processor works well for small and medium jobs but for really large jobs you will need to postprocess locally. One other noteworthy area is customer service. Simscale probably has the most responsive customer service of any of the simulation companies I have work with.

Antwort von SimScale

Thanks for such a great feedback, Christopher!

Jean Edouard
engineer in Italien
Öl & Energie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Jean Edouard lalanne review

Kommentare: Very good!

Easy to use and calculation "power" with remote Processor.

No possibility to calculate buckling and no possibility to input any load combinations.

Lorenzo
Aedorynamic Department Member in Italien
Sport, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An amazing tool

Kommentare: This tool has enabled me and my colleagues to achieve great results in car aerodynamics simulation. Its simplicity made easy to explain CFD simulations to the "newbies" and improve our workflow.

It is a great tool because is offers a lot of power for the simulations and simplicity of use that is unrivaled by other tools.

Sometimes there are very specific needs that cannot be satisfied. This problems affects only minor aspects of the simulations: SimScale can always be used as a main tool

Eva
Deutschland
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Really cool simulation platform!

Kommentare: Hello,
I'm a student and I am part of the Formula Student. Therefor I wanted to learn Simscale after I participated in the FSG Workshop for Aerodynamics which was taught by Simscale. I think it is really practicable that it works cloud based. Therefor the simulations run through much faster and you can decide about the cores without having your CPU getting killed. :D
I think the workshops are awesome you can learn really fast. You get immediately support if you have an error with your simulation or some ideas to gain a solution for a specific technical problem. The project sharing function makes it easy to communicate with other Simscale Users so that they may help you if you have issues. I also like the different kinds of simulations they're offering. There's e.g. the CFD sector with compressible, multiphase and lots and lots of features.
The only sad thing is that it is not easy to handle for new customers or students. But with the workshops you may learn it if you want to so they give much effort to it to make it handsome and I think they do a great job. If you guys would improve the simulation program by making it easier to understand and handle it without converting everything in STL ASCII and maybe improve the CAD-handling in the program then it would be easier for students and for new users too and then I'll give 5 stars for ease of use too. The workshops are fine. :)

-doron
CEO in Israel
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

surely recommend SimScale

Kommentare: I guess the above says it all.
Excellent CFD tool. Perfect support in both - knowledge, patience and response time!!

SimScale covers several applications for CFD analysis. My office is doing analysis and design for structures in the widest form. We do structures in Civil Engineering, Aeronautics, industrial equipment of all types. SimScale seems to fit any application within this list! The LBM option for wind pressure distribution on high rise. The PWC - an automated solution for wind comfort. The incompressible for airfoils etc. The multi-phase for liquid-air interaction. and probably a lot is yet to come.....

1. Show the CFL criteria plotted while running. 2. Enable video screen capture! now using 3rd party app.

Senior Mechanical Engineer in USA
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Flexible Cloud Based Simulation

Kommentare: Used it to design several generations of electronics enclosures

You can load your models into the browser-based interface and start the meshing or run the simulation without losing the ability to use your computer to do anything else. The interface is easy to use and learn

For best results, I had to defeature my models and convert them from Solidworks into STEP files so you do lose some time in the conversion and updating the models. There isn't a shared license so you have to have a single login vs a networked sharable license that you can move from computer to computer

Brynn
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great customer support

I like the cloud computing feature the most as well as the really quick and helpful customer support

There are some features like rolling back to previous simulation settings that aren't developed yet.

Ermo
associate professor in Estland
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Short introduction to test some simple metal constructions

Kommentare: I encountered some problems regarding model creation during process. Problem is that I tried to repeat tutorial described process, so failed on a half way and was not able to repeat this on my own models. So excellent idea, fantastic solution but complex enough not to hit it on first time and some minor questions regarding repeating the lessons. Sorry I have not found time to get in deeper, but please continue to develop this solution. :)

Antwort von SimScale

Dear Ermo, thank you for taking the time to review our product! In the meantime, we added more than 10 workshop series and 15 webinar recordings that might be better for you to get used to simulating with SimScale. The industries and applications for which they were organized are very diverse, from Automotive and Aerospace to Thermal and Cooling cases. Please take a look here: https://www.simscale.com/learning/webinars/ and here: https://www.simscale.com/learning/workshops/

Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Extremely user friendly

The software is highly user friendly whilst still being robust. It hides the clunky numbers involved with numerical analysis for new users whilst still providing the ability to change them for more experienced ones.

The software only supports fluid flow velocities of upto 0.5 Mach

Thomas
engineer in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, Selbstständig

Great learning tool and

It's free for public users/hobbyists making it a great way to start learning about analysis. It lets you be free to make mistakes and learn from them and try again.

I haven't used much other analysis packages so I don't really have anything to compare to

Gustavo
Field Supervisor in Mexiko
Bau, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Nice aproach and easy to use.

Kommentare: the software is pretty useful, the tutorials are enogh if you had use any simulation software before, in the other hand, if i compare it with ansys im not sure about the the accuracy of the methods or the calculations. but as a fact if i have a hurry, i will use simscale it is faster.

the way it manage the data. you can work any time and almost everywere

the confidence on the results is compromised, many clients requires some specific software in order to maintain this confidence.

Antwort von SimScale

Thank you for your feedback, Gustavo! The reason why we developed SimScale is to give everyone access to a powerful simulation solution. This is why actually our focus is on quality and accuracy of results. Please see here more than 40 validation cases that compare SimScale's simulation results with experimental data: https://www.simscale.com/docs/content/validation.html

Giampiero

not so cheap No shell element no 1d element

Andy
Neuseeland

Simscale: The Thingiverse of CFD

Kommentare: Simscale enables users to design and run various forms of physical modelling from the user's web-browser. From Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), the capabilities are very broad. Providing a user-friendly interface and cutting the barriers to learning, e.g. access to software and computational power, Simscale represents a very promising way of learning various elements of computational modelling.

Antwort von SimScale

Wow! Such a great review, Andy. Thank you and we hope you will get a chance to participate in one of our free online workshops this quarter. We are planning a few interesting ones for our users.