IN Seach of tommorrows learning and development software - The Future Self Learning Workforce

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Managed Service Profesional
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The overall experience was really good. I tried to see whether a project program could be written to onboard the technology within a company or clients organisation Mainly step by step guidance and some ideas on adoption to ensure the program will be integrated within an organisation. Especially the current new employees joining companies who are used to contributions on digital platforms. Becomming subject matter experts in fields of their profession. I received a small content edittor which was easy to use and could create rapid content. It was easy to use. If the employee workforce will have the tools available to create content easily and have a system available it could support many areas of business. From product development and all the training content it might require. I hope this trend will coninue and see a system LMS as key within organisations investing in Onboarding , Allow Emplyees be well informed. But also more formal as in complaince and mandatory training requiremnts. Espessially now the governemnt has strickly created legislation for ocmpanies to provide learning and development to ensure future growth and organisations need to invest in development of their employees. No by default get expertiese outside your company first train or ensure you r current employees are enabled with LMS. Dimissial without a training or proven development program will not be tollerated by govenrment.

Vorteile: There are a lot of functionality I came across which supprised or liked during my short journey in Trial. From the challenges, Badges and points scorings to the social learning and the numerous integrations with content providers to have an uptodate curriculum. Also the features to create content for company employees to allow for a companies Mission Vision and core values being regularly distributed and compliance or code of conduct during onboaridng of new employees seemed easy to use and administer.

Nachteile: I had a excel file with dummy users - fake employees which I tried to upload. This was not such a success and the infomation available during this process was limited. e.g. error messages where limited and the descriptions on how to create and upload where not that extensive. Overal not a big issue but tricky to get right. For prodution I read there is various integrations options so this was one time.

Captivate Prime - getting better

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Tony B.
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It has been good for setting up the programme - but I cannot really fully commercialise the programme until document security is better. It is easy to use, a good interface for learners. It has been a good experience but a little way to go yet in some parts of the application.

Vorteile: The product is evolving and starting to become a lot easier to use - a simple PDF manual would also help to bring new administrators on. It does the job well and the licencing is flexible. It is so much improved from around 18 months ago. I have found the product easier to manage and the addition of some simple features like deletion of modules has made content easier to catalogue and manage.

Nachteile: The product still has not adopted to meet commercial training provider needs, there is no paywall for example. There are also some simple things that commercial training providers need - after much discussion with ADOBE ACROBAT PRO DC teams, the pdf security (no printing or copy/pasting settings) are undone by PRIME when content is loaded (users can simply highlight, copy and paste content). This means a student or anyone accessing the programme can easily copy/paste content. This simply creates the capacity for IP loss. Its a small change I suspect - but critical in protecting IP for commercial providers. In the end I have had to use a workaround with MP4s. Support on the PRIME side was contradictory - despite ACROBAT testing the feature.

Improving

Bewertet am 11.1.2019
Richard S.
IT Manager/Instructional Design
Konsumgüter, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We offer outside contractor and visitor training to our clients. This platform has served us well.

Vorteile: I understand the difficulty in creating a single LMS that will satisfy everyone. We all have very different needs. There is steady, albeit slow, improvement in functionality and features. The options to have different domains and the ability to share content between domains is a nice feature. Much easier to navigate and set up than other LMSs I have used. Customer support has been very responsive.

Nachteile: The requirement for an email address to log in. I serve a clientele that is not tech savvy and many do not have an email address(I know hard to believe in 2019, but true). You can use a fake email but then the ability to recover your password does not exist. The lack of password control by administrators can be problematic. My usage is external. Many people logging in from all over the country. If they have a password issue I can not help them. The placement of a cookie on your system every time you log in. If the learner does not use the "Sign Out" option and just closes the browser it makes it impossible for another to log in until that cookie is cleared. This is an issue with clients who use the same computer for many users.

Captivate Prime LMS

Bewertet am 24.8.2018
Nohemi R.
Instructional Designer
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: You can host certifications internally or by a third party. For internal, you need to define the courses that a learner has to complete to achieve completion status and the period the certification validity. All learning activities (assessments, skill level attainment and learning status) are automatically tracked, and managers can generate reports or subscribe to get them automatically in their e-mails and receive notifications for participants’ learning activities (certifications, enrollments, unmet deadlines, etc). This tool also helps engage learners thanks to these tools:
• A dashboard to get a glance of their courses, overdue or deadlines, recommended learning, calendar and achievements.
• Learners can see valuable skills for their position and find courses that help master those skills.
• Gamification for rewarding desired behaviors. Earn and compare points with their colleagues based on rules that managers set. There are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels and badges for students upon completing a course.
This LMS also allows authors to create a course / learning program to drive a larger training goal that would span across individual courses. Also, you automatically assign courses or programs on the occurrence of certain events (promotion, relocation). Moreover, you can create catalogs with access to a customized set of learning material. Job aids can also be added for learners to access without having to enroll for any specific learning object

Vorteile: This platform is really interesting for learning managers. It has many features that allow an effective learner administration and different ways to manage users (external or internal). You can add users by uploading from a spreadsheet, create groups of learners based on location or business unit, use self enrollment or automate the adding new users. It also supports interactive content like Scorm, AICC, Tincan and regular content like Videos, Pdfs, PPTs, word and excel files.

Nachteile: The tools to create courses are very basic so it is recommended to create courses using other tools like Captivate and upload the content. You can also add activities and tests, but they also have to be created using another tool because it only allows you to add an external URL for learners to refer to, or have students submit files.

Good LMS choice

Bewertet am 11.1.2019
Christy R.
SR. INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are very happy with our decision on using Adobe Captivate Prime as our LMS. It has suited our needs and it continues to have enhancements made to it. I have enjoyed working with the Adobe team, and they have been very helpful in multiple occasions. We have received very positive feedback from our learners on the easy of use of this product.

Vorteile: Adobe Captivate Prime is very easy to use. Our learners had no problem fully getting up to speed with how to use it. We enjoy the leaderboard as a way of being competitive with others. As an Admin, I feel like it is pretty straight forward with regards to adding courses, learning plans, and content. The reports feature is very good and continues to get enhancements made to it. All our courses work fine in the fluidic player with no issues. I like the dashboard and My Learning as a way for learners to view the status of their learning.

Nachteile: I have noticed a few bugs in the software that were reported. Some issues have been fixed and some are still outstanding. I would also prefer to have more control on when my self-paced courses expire. Currently there is a default expiration of six months for courses we want to keep available for longer. Since we have over 400 courses in the LMS, it will be a long process of re-publishing all the courses when they expire. The technical support availability could be a little better. I seem to mostly receive my communication from them in the afternoons (CST). Sometimes it would be nice to get a quicker response when there is an urgent issue.

Its simple and it works

Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Sascha G.
Executive Director
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One of the best features of using captivate prime, is that you can get going with a fully fletched LMS within 24 hours - fully branded and organised! ...and the pricing model is fair compared to common competition.

Vorteile: Captivate Prime is an out-of-the-box LMS. It has all standard features needed for an effective and fun learning environment including gamification elements such as leaders boards, badges and general points. The interface is both, intuitive for the user and the administrator and can easily be customized to your personal preferences and access rights. The hosting of content is open to all types of SCORM compliant content, but also simple text files, graphics and videos. The structuring of programs can be done according to a single file system as well as clustered items in a program structure. One of the key performance tools is the mobile app provided. The app gives you the full spectrum of the desktop version, including an offline capability.

Nachteile: If you purchase this LMS via a volume license program (rather then buying a few licenses with credit card online), then it is recommended to find a local ADOBE certified dealer. The customer service team in (I believe ) India, is friendly, but very slow in the response and it takes several attempts to get things done. Therefore, using a local certified dealer and letting them deal with the headquarter, does not necessarily speed things up, but it does save you a lot of time.

An intelligent LMS Solution for eLearning and Enhanced Engagement

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Chantelle C.
Web Content Writer
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One of the major problems that we were trying to overcome was how to deploy our eLearning modules, presentations, and learning plans while still tracking user engagement, retention, and participation all without requiring our own hosted server. Adobe Captivate Prime delivers this solution while providing us with exceptional support.

Vorteile: The major positive that has Adobe Captivate as our top choice is the wealth of functionality that it comes with. It completely blows the competition out of the water where features are concerned. Whether you want to record training presentations, do screen capturing, schedule notifications and reports, create learning plans, or incentivize your learning modules, prime basically has it all. The program is intelligent in its format delivery allowing our users to change their languages, formats, or playback methods, and it enables enhanced user engagement through offline learning, gamification, badges, bookmarks and revision notes. Unlike other programs, Adobe Captivate delivers for those who want to create an enjoyable eLearning experience.

Nachteile: Despite Adobe Captivate’s attempts at a more modern user-interface with flat menus and no hidden buttons, the software is not intuitive for those jumping in for the first time. Unfortunately, a lot of the functionality of the software is buried deep within the thick menus and because of the single web page architecture, you need to invest in a lot of time to sort through the program to find what you need. With dozens of buttons and menus, you end up investing a ton of time into experimentation and tutorial reading. This is definitely a piece of software for those who want to use it and nothing else, as jumping in and “going with the learning flow” is not as easy as they make it sound.

Customer Training Tool

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Training and Development Specialist
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, we are new users, but we are moving forward at a good pace with our project and Captivate Prime has been fairly easy to set up. We are looking forward to expanding our use to internal employees and foresee a long relationship with Adobe!

Vorteile: There are several functions in Captivate Prime that have met the needs of our company. First of all, we needed to grant access to a course or group of courses to our customers based on a 12-month contract. The pricing structure and ability to purchase blocks of users on a 12-month schedule works perfectly for us. Also, we needed the ability to assign certain courses and certifications to specific customers. The Learning Plan feature is easy to use, contains just what the customer needs to complete, and we can set up an instance that coincides with their contract so that reminders are sent prior to the expiration date of the learning plan. One final feature that really met our need is the mobile app for customers who will complete our training "on-the-go". We really like that the lessons will pick up where the learner left off and allow them the flexibility they need.

Nachteile: There are several things I have had to research extensively to understand and it seems like they online user guide could be much more detailed. I don't understand why I can't delete User Groups that I created during testing now that I don't need them any longer. Doesn't make much sense. One recommendation I have is to disable all emails/notifications as you begin and then go back and select those that you want. There are too many in my opinion and they are redundant. I want to respect our customer's time and inbox - too many emails can be off putting!

A Very Practical LMS

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Mercury H.
IDT Intern
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Adobe Captivate Prime was exceptional, that is in the case of developing and publishing courses. My challenge was trying to provide adult learners with a nontraditional approach via online/hybrid that would most effectively increase their attention and learning.

Vorteile: After exploring a number of LMS's, I found that Adobe Captivate Prime was very practical. If you so happen to be using Adobe Captivate you'll find it very easy to publish your work. In addition, the tabs are clearly identified with all of the functions clearly presentable. Moreover, the LMS was fairly easy to use especially considering the accessible help prompts and tutorials.

Nachteile: While I loved the flow and crystal layout, I found it to be too boxed in for the clients I was trying to reach. In other words, I needed a bit more engagement and interactivity beyond the software; I desired to engage my trainees in collaborating beyond simple discussion boards and games. I wanted to provide real life experiences that incorporated social media outside of the software. So, while I loved the simplicity and structure, I desired professional coaches and mentors to supplement my trainees with real time experiences.

A great LMS

Bewertet am 19.8.2018
Freelance Instructional Designer
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Adobe captivate is a robust and capable application that provides a ton of features and integration with other sources. When you first create an account, you have access to four different profiles, each providing you with a different set of features and tools. You can be an author, an administrator, a learner or an integration admin. This separation keeps things organized and less confusing. The UI is also very clean, intuitive and comfortable to navigate.
The learning experience is broken down to six different options: Job aid, learning programs, learning plans, certification, catalogs and courses. The courses are the most basic and include a list of all courses available. The learning program is for instances where a learner needs to learn a particular subject. A learning plan is designed for future learning in the event the learner has new developments requiring additional learning or training, like a promotion, the need to acquire a new skill and so on. The catalog is a comprehensive and organized place where all courses pertaining to a particular area of interest are grouped. The certification path is for gamification and for industries requiring it. Finally, the job aid option is accessible without the need to enroll in a course. The content can be documents or links to external content, but cannot be a learning module designed by an authoring tool.
The great thing about the Prime LMS is that it integrates with other learning platforms including Lynda and LinkedIn.

Vorteile: 1. Covers various methods of course delivery
2. Integrates with external content providers.
3. Makes it easier to define a skill and provide content covering it.
4. Provides the user/admin with several views in the same tab, eliminating the need to have
to sign in on a different page to see the learner’s perspective
5. Great built in tutorials.
6. Many options to set up automatic emails upon the happening of an event, all organized
by categories

Nachteile: 1. The service is a bit expensive as it is based on the number of users and does not include a flat fee for a set number as provided by other services
2. Cannot use interactive content for job aids

A modern LMS with some standout features

Bewertet am 15.8.2018
Andrew G.
Learning and Development Manager
Baumaterial, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy set up and smart rules
There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that LMS administrators would usually take setting people up.
Offline Content
ACP seem to have done this better than any other LMS I have trialled. The ability to download all course content and use the system offline, while still experiencing the system as if offline, is a superior offering from ACP.
Publishing from Adobe Captivate
We already use Captivate to create our eLearinng content and publish our SCORM compliant training packages. Having a system that allows us to publish quickly and easily from our eLearning authoring program to our LMS saves time.
Instructor role
One unique part of ACP is having a dedicated instructor role which allows training instructors to log in and manage all of their training activities. Other LMS’s have this but tend to be quite complex. The way a user experiences this in ACP is simple and easy to use.

Nachteile: The software is a little pricier than other LMS's out there on the market.

Review from Makino

Bewertet am 11.3.2019
Juergen K.
Training academy Manager
Maschinerie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With the platform we are able to make training easy available for all our learner and helps to create a learning culture. We can share training between different global platform.

Vorteile: Easy to use and to understand. possibility to share contents with other platforms. Android and IOS app.
Everything starts with the skills approach. Possibility of different language for one content. No plug in necessary for the player. Reporting module.
Possibility to work with the different roles. unlimited storage space.
Support is doing well.

Nachteile: Learning calendar is not working well and don't give a good overview about all classroom training planned.
Migration of skills or other things to complicate. No calendar about the utilization of all instructor available .
Calculation of the effectiveness should be different in case L3 feedback is disabled since the L3 feedback does not make sense for the most of short online courses. In the view of the courses as a admin or Author we need filter to separate classroom training from online and courses shared to you or shared to others.

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS review

Bewertet am 25.8.2018
Maxwell D.
Content Ingest Developer
Bibliotheken, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a modern LMS with great features, reduces set up/course upload and deployment time and takes off much of the burden of tracking and user engagement from the content owner.

Vorteile: The market for LMSs is consistently on the increase, with evolving needs based on the end user and other factors in between. Most platforms have evolved but this is especially true with the UX experience for Adobe Captivate Prime. I find that captivate prime has most of the current market standard features plus more. From features such as setting learning paths for students to others such as reporting, gamification and user tracking etc.
I found the set up easy enough, even as a new admin user and was able to load content within a few minutes. I was especially impressed with the simple interface that reduced the platform learning curve for me and the course set up/deployment time.
I think the option to break down a course content upload to three sections (core modules, prework modules, and testout) is a great feature. Although a little more work, this would improve tracking and provide more detailed usage data/student interaction with the modules.
I also liked that it has gamification elements available for use for individual or group learning.
On the pricing module, I like the flexibility to add and remove users on a monthly basis, which is ideal for selling subscription-based courses.

Nachteile: I would like to see a pricing module targeted at educational institutions as there currently doesn’t seem to be one. It is unfortunate that it seems only targeted at corporate institutions at this point.

Steep Learning Curve

Robert D.
Student Technician
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The learning curve on Captivate was pretty steep, more people will see Captivate at first glance as something similar to PowerPoint and jump feet first. Unfortunately that is impossible with this program, you will have to learn the basics through tutorials, but that is ot necessarily a bad thing. Once I became more familiar with the functionality of the Captivate I was able to be more creative in my design. Even advancing beyond the basics that one could learn from tutorials. I will say, that I did not learn as much as I had liked I only had the 30 day trial, but I am thinking I will be purchasing the product in the next 3-4 months. I'm looking forward to opening this program up and see all that it can do; I just hope it can fulfill all my expections.

Vorteile: I enjoyed the fact there was enough features that it allowed you to create whatever you wanted to, to a point. I liked the ability that it gave you a true responsive capability, especially as elearning moves to more to mobile platforms.

Nachteile: The two things that were really on my dislike list, first not being advised that it is best practive that you should go into settings prior to beginning your project and turn on backup; why isn't this automatic. Second, the application would often become unresponsive while saving, I tried this program on three different computers and they all did this.

Best in Class

Bewertet am 13.1.2019
Wandajean J.
Digital Learning Evangelist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My team employed ACP to support a sales team. This team was frustrated with how cumbersome it was to load training onto the existing LMS and learners needed a better/mobile experience. We achieved BOTH with ACP. There's no turning back now.

Vorteile: The software is absolutely up-to-date. Learners have mentioned that the learner-centric interface and functionality are what they appreciate the most about this system. It's easy to interact with the content in the mobile app as well. They are motivated by the gamification options and by each other. Customer support is relatively fast and very personable.

Nachteile: Our Admin team setup mock courses and learning programs for testing purposes only. We went back in to clean out those test files, but the system would not allow us to delete them. We have to live with these test files in the archive. Not a showstopper, but it's silly to not be able to delete them. Also, there are some cases where the L&D team wants managers to review/grade their own employees easily. This was not an automatic option in the system.

I use Captivate to create interactive eLearning materials for different phases of learning process

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Néstor O.
Gerente General

Kommentare: I can make an interactive multimedia lesson very quickly; a lesson with a menu to different sessions (linking objects to different sections is the key); and not necessarily the links have to be texts. So you can have an iconical or metaphorical menu.My students get the main benefit of my use of Captivate

Vorteile: I useCaptivate to animate multimedia materials in which a character presents information at a corner of the screen, and his/her voice is heard while texts, graphs, and illustration appear and disappear on screen. This means, audio is most important, and therefore I can use my creativity generating subtitles which users can read in case they have problems with audio, so that they get the information just posing their mouse over the character´s image, for instance. Mouse-over effect isideal forhiding information on screen, and making the learner to interact with material. Another important feature for me is the possibility to have a space where learner can write information while having a lesson.
Making tutorials for applications and software is very easy, as well as for teaching how to complete a process (the how of learning. Tests are also easy to build. And the time-line helps me save a lot of time when developing.

Nachteile: The fact that I have to upload four different files to a folder in order to link to the executable, so this can be seen by the learners on my vortual room is a bit tedious.

RAE Corp - Captivate Prime Review

Cassie C.
HR-Training and Development Specialist
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been good. I wouldn't say great. The customer support is good, very responsive and friendly but often they don't have a solution or explanation for what I need help with. The product is good. It's user friendly but sometimes it can be glitchy and doesn't seem to accommodate every thing that we need it to do in a manufacturing facility.

Vorteile: I like the new social aspects, developing content and always having fresh content is a huge tasks and I have a very small team so I can see how that will be extremely helpful especially for professional positions.
It is very easy to use, I demo's several learning management systems before deciding and this one seemed most practical and affordable.
My rep is great and very responsive.

Nachteile: The reports. It does an okay job of reporting what activities have taken place, but there is still a lot of information that we need that we cannot easily get. We have to do a lot of manipulating in excel to get the info we need. Examples: who can who has logged in but it doesn't tell you who hasn't logged in. You cannot export a report from the content library to easily see what all content exists in the system. Admins don't get notified or have a central place to review what is happening in the social aspect of the system or course discussion boards so it is very hard to control and make sure people don't post anything that would be considered unprofessional or misleading.
We need our employees to engage in and track their hands on training but they work in a manufacturing setting, they aren't at computers all day, they don't have access, and most don't know how, to upload a document to confirm they completed an activity module.
Because many of our employees don't have computer access on the shop floor they also don't have work email accounts so it would be extremely helpful for them to receive push notifications via text messaging, I know that currently exists for billing and password recovery I don't understand why it isn't possible for enrollment notifications.
Supervisors cannot communicate or do evaluations with their employees through the system. I know several LMS systems we demo'd did include that, I was suprised that Adobe didn't have something like that.

Captivate - the reason we don't have a training department anymore. Endlessly buggy w/ rude support.

Bewertet am 2.3.2019
Hannah F.
Creative Strategist
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We no longer have a training division, because of Adobe Captivate & Adobe Captivate Prime. If you don't have an enterprise license, their support team has no interest in helping you. It takes a huge amount of evidence to convince the support team that your bug or complaint is valid, they insist on blaming you or the user. Everytime one bug was solved, another one appeared. When we realized that Captivate was more embarrassing than helpful, we had to close our training division. We didn't have the financial or time resources to re-build all of our training module on a new platform. While we used Captivate, it caused so many of our students to be angry at us. We had to give many refunds. Most importantly, it damaged our reputation.

Vorteile: The most basic level functionality is pretty simple to understand.

Nachteile: We built our entire curriculum on Adobe Captivate (100s of files). When we used Moodle as our LMS, we often had problems. For example, the user needing to enable pop-ups and unsafe scripts, the files freezing, and a student watching the entire lesson and then not having it register as completed. We assumed that Moodle was the problem. So, we moved our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime (which required considerable time and effort). To our dismay, the problems did not improve. If anything, they got worse. There are many things I could talk about, but the worst was the support. They were so unwilling to admit fault. A specific example of this is when they had a bug with the radio buttons in Captivate quizzes. The first several times I tried to contact support about the problem, they blamed the problem on the users. Only after I'd sent them several user complaints, screenshots, and videos did they start to listen. Even then, it took me being very assertive to get them to admit that the problem was on their end (& would take months to fix). Other issues: I couldn't manually mark buggy lessons as complete for students. Students had to enable "unsafe scripts." Many problems were unrepeatable - a students would send me a screenshot of a problem. I'd wouldn't be able to re-create. They they'd try again later and it would work. Because all of our lessons were built in Captivate & even Adobe's solution couldn't play them, we closed our training department.

The latest ring of the chain is completed and Voltron has revealed.

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Faruk E.
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The biggest problem today's world, using very different tools for doing business. However, when we use Adobe products for eLearning ecesystem, we have a single point of contact and support center. It gives us time.

Vorteile: Adobe Captivate Prime is the latest ring of the chain. We are using Adobe Captivate for rapid course creation and Adobe Connect for webinars. So, on the LMS side, Adobe Captivate Prime gives us an opportunity to manage our eLearning lifecycle from a single point. You have everything under the one band. It gives you a single point of support contact. On the LMS side, we have a great harmony with the eLearning courses which are created by Adobe Captivate. We are uploading our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime directly and manage them easily.

Nachteile: In my opinion, the user interface needs to be developed for user experience. But I can say that if you are using a big brand and have a good support user-interface is the second issue.

Great LMS software for people new to e-learning

Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Jordanne O.
Manager of Family and Community Engagement
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is incredibly easy to use, but has a lot of features who want to do more advance things with their e-learning. I really like that you can set up soft skill and compliance trainings within the environment with relative ease. If you are new to elearning and simply want to put videos or presentations online and track people's use then it is very easy and fast to do. However if you want to create incredibly immersive and intuitive learning for your team then you can also do that with a little bit of practice and experience.

Nachteile: Even though this software is super easy to use on a basic level it does get difficult to do more advanced things on your own. Unfortunately customer service and training for this software is not super extensive. When I purchased the system I had a representative from Adobe who walked me through the basics and initial set up and that was great, but beyond that you will have to seek out more support on your own to do more advanced things such as learning how to integrate Prime into Salesforce. Some of the features can be confusing and, as I often find with Adobe, their customer service online (not talking to a rep but actually just looking for answers online) can be very confusing and not helpful.

Great product for on line training

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Brynette B.
OD Consultant
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Due to healthcare we cannot always have people attend classroom training. This product allows us the chance to train someone while giving them the chance to have hands on practice. It enhances the adult learning programs we have in place.

Vorteile: This product is interactive allowing the end user to simulate the software. The recording function is easy to use. Edits are simple.

Nachteile: Difficulty using the function of setting up a menu that needs to be in order and making the end user go through modules in order. The check mark and X functionality.

An LMS with lots of handy features especially for larger companies

Bewertet am 17.8.2018
Janice W.
Digital Learning Consultant
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very good for Tracking
Excellent Multi Tenanting configuration possibilities for a business that is a GROUP of companies.
The Branding by use of a theme is a good idea. Love the email templates and automation within the system, it is a very handy feature for tracking learning, very handy indeed! Especially, for larger companies.
The use of setting up a programme and Learning Plans with certification levels and gamification in the form of badges. This is a superb way of delivering Apprenticeships for the Apprenticeship Providers also who work with Employers of large corporations.
A very Commercially viable product that will work seamlessly with their website, love the URL that they can get with their own name first.
Love the idea of booking Virtual class sessions and Lessons so that there is complete tracking and accountability built in.
As a registered Adobe user, I like the fact that I can create assets within the Adobe Creative Suite and then use them within Adobe Captivate LMS. The quality is very high in Adobe so I recommend the integration of Adobe assets with this LMS.

Nachteile: Found the course more suitable to commercial application.
It is important to have all your assets ready to start building the course and it would take some planning beforehand. This is not an LMS for lighthearted course development, and I do see this LMS as best suited to an ultra security conscious commercial environment that protects its assets like fort knox! For this reason alone, as a business, I would buy it.

Great price and easy to use, but limited in features

Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Ryan M.
Communications Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am satisfied because the price of the subscription model with updates included is very reasonable, but the basic feature problems I have discussed have existed since I first started using the program over 2 years ago so I am beginning to lose hope that they will ever be fixed at all.

Vorteile: The ability to customize almost everything about the material that you create.

Nachteile: Many of the features don't work properly or are basically useless. Such as the spell check feature that will seems to not check much text at all, especially if it is located inside of an object or shape. Another example is the the text animation feature that is very limited in features like size and being able to integrate it with other objects, it often will display improperly and is hard to modify because you have to keep exiting the menu and load a preview after you apply it to see how it actually looks.

The easiest, quickest LMS I've ever used

Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Joe G.

Vorteile: 1. In less than two hours, I had set up Captivate Prime. I had no hassles or problems.
2. The menus and options are easy to understand and look modern.
3. Despite the ease of use, I can do just about anything I'd want an LMS to do with Prime.
4. I can set up user roles and permissions at six different levels, including Learner.
5. I can set up external users, those outside my organization, and send them all a link to let them set up their own login and password, saving me a lot of time and ensuring greater security.
6. Prime lets me set up sets of skills for learners to achieve and tie them to learning objectives.
7. I can upload courses, videos, PowerPoint, PDF files and more and they show nicely using Prime's Fluidic Player.
8. There's a free app to use Prime on mobile devices.
9. The Reports that Prime generates out of the box are very nice, and I can also create my own.
10. There are gamification and branding options too.

Nachteile: It would be nice if Adobe offered trials longer than 30 days for those who want to try out the product because it can take a while to really put it through its paces.

A future in e-learning

Gabe G.
Volunteer Program Supervisor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As the supervisor for the volunteer program at a national non-profit that relies heavily on the support of volunteers from across the United States, Captivate Prime allows me to streamline all of our training courses for new and established volunteers. Best of all, I am not left in the dark in regards to a volunteers training status. I receive live training updates so that I can measure an individuals training progress.

Nachteile: Our interactive training utilizes a variety of different learning modules including embedded videos. The Captivate Prime app in itself is a great tool because it allows the learner to take their training with them wherever they go. However, the app crashes pretty frequently especially when you have embedded videos in your project. Our training courses are designed for mobile devices, but I am hesitant to promote the app to our incoming volunteers.