Über Balsamiq

Schnelle Wireframing-Software, mit der schlanke Teams zusammenarbeiten, Modelle erstellen, Versionen steuern und Nutzertests durchführen können.

Erfahre mehr über Balsamiq

Easy to use and to understand the workflow tool. Freemium model and integrations with online storage solutions.

Sometimes it's hard to scroll between it's large library of components.

Bewertungen zu Balsamiq

Balsamiq hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 381 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Balsamiq bereits verwendet?

Amy
Amy
UX+UI Designer in UK
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best software for UX processes

Kommentare: Very positive. Has sped up workflows and iterations within processes massively.

I like the limitations of this software. The stripped back and lack of styling allows me to focus my time only on UX. Previously, I have had issues where doing UX in XD or Sketch the client would be trying to make too many visual considerations. Since moving to Balsamiq this has streamlined communications to focusing on interaction points, hierarchy and best practices.

Not a con, but being able to assign labels for titles (H1, H2, H3 etc) would really help improve integration with CRO and SEO specialists. Also being able to have titles with multiple lines of text. A larger and more consistent base of templates would be beneficial - i.e. landing pages, ecomm, brochure sites. Currently there's a lot of app based and molecule based templates and I don't utilise any of these.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Simple and easy tool for creating low-fidelity wireframes and prototypes

Kommentare: Overall, I love the simplicity and intuitiveness of this tool. If you are looking for a product to quickly put together a wireframe or sketch (based on rough ideas) for feedbacks or approvals, then this can be a great option for you.

I have used Balsamiq for more than 3+ years to create lo-fi wireframes for mobile and web applications. What I love the most about Balsamiq is that it follows UI/UX industry standards, so you can easily use their pre-built templates or icon library without making much changes. It helps you create detailed wireframes in a very short interval of time. I like the ability to export the wireframe designs in a .pdf or .png format. If you are using Balsamiq cloud app on your browser, then you can collaborate with other team members on the same wireframe in real time. This is a very useful feature, especially in those projects, where there are multiple design team members involved. It helps you in incorporating their feedback and comments without much back-and-forth.

What I disliked about Balsamiq is that the exported .pdf file doesn't have very good resolution. Also, if you need a tool for hi-fi designs or interactive prototyping, then this may not be the best option. There are better products/tools available in the market.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple, No non-sense wireframing tool

Kommentare: Overall, when I started using it at my first job, it gave a great medium for me to express my ideas on design

I loved the simplicity and drag-and-drop features for even a noob to get started and create phone and web app layouts. No skills needed!

It is not as sophisticated as other tools these days, but that's what you get for this price.

Business Analyst L1 in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Effective and easy to handle Mock-up Tool around !!

As a BA, whenever we receive technical specification from the client and break these down to user cases, it becomes important for us to design Mock-ups and confirm if we are on the same page as to the client before we rush into development to do so Balsmiq Mock-up is the one of the best tool around. Designing the User interface design is faster with available element in User interface library. Just need to pick and drop items in the mock-up. It is simple & easy to master. Interactive prototypes can be easily created by linking the mock-ups together to give operation view in the real time. When you are done with prototyping the requirement then export option is also available. Either you can export the single mock-up or all together in PNG format or export the Mock-up as PDF. Export to PDF option is my personal favourite as I usually attach the mock-up in mail and share initial design with client and hence entice their feedback that let us to improve our design as directly from customer perspective. PDF exported file facilitates navigation between mockups through links present in pdf ensuring better understanding of functionality to the client. It also has chat box and multiple user can operate simultaneously to create mock-ups and access the existing mock up as well . This provides the better communication between the team member and a quality experience of software development It facilitate plugin from Google drive and Zora allowing to add mockup to and issue.

I think the tool lacks in integration with other tools that are used in software design as well as export option is limited to export as PDF or PNG and you can't Print to the printer directly. Except that I think it's a wonderful tool as it's web, desktop as well as Google drive plug in is available

Carl
CPO in Schweden
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy but to expensive for the features

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Easy to start using, but when we looked at other solutions we move away from it. It's a bit dated nowadays

Easy to use and fast to do things, easy to manage different projects in separate files

Expensive compared to competitors. Very crude components. A bit of a hassle to do prototypes.

Abby
Digital Marketing Manager in USA
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Streamlines Web Design and Building Landing Pages

My agency uses Balsamiq for web design projects as well as building one-off landing pages for clients. The software is marketed as a wireframing tool butalso has powerful project management and collaboration capabilities. Because of Balsamiq, we have landed more clients and projects which is all due to our ability to visually communicate our vision with our clients and present it to them in a way that makes sense. Before Balsamiq, all wireframing was done in a separate platform as client communication and collaboration and our files were stored in a separate location as well. It made project management as well as file management and versioning extremely difficult and we would often end up with mistakes because certain edits or updates did not make it onto the latest version.

Usability testing is a great feature but it isn't really all that useful currently since our wireframes don't look much like a real product.

Graham
Solution Architect in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Quick, simple and efficient wireframing

Kommentare: Balsamiq is the agency's go to wireframing tool. The application allows the UX team to quickly convey their ideas to the creative designers without the expectation of deciding the visual branding of the site. Whilst the feature set is fairly limited and the tool hasn't been upgraded recently it is still the most efficient method to draw up wireframes we have found.

- Probably the easiest wireframing tool to use - Focused feature set aimed at creating wireframes in the minimum of time - Very quick to learn with some depth for power users - Can be very quick to use for experienced users - Ability to download pre-made components from a central library or share components easily within a project - Much cheaper than some competitors - Very stable application

- Wireframes can look child-like and unprofessional with some settings - Currently based on Adobe Air technology which is outdated - No recent feature releases and no fixed release date for the next version leading to a feeling that the product is not moving forward - Some expected features are still missing such as an easy way to create click-through interactive prototypes

Alexandra
Alexandra
Developer in Togo
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Basalmiq for wireframes creation

Kommentare: I used Basalmiq to create wireframes, mock-ups and UI prototypes. It offers a simplified, low-fidelity sketching style, which allows me to quickly capture and communicate my design ideas.

Balsamiq's focus on low-fidelity wireframes allows for rapid iteration and feedback gathering. It encourages a collaborative and agile design process, enabling teams to iterate on ideas and make quick adjustments before moving on to high-fidelity designs.

However, it should be noted that Balsamiq's sketchy, low-fidelity style, which I personally dislike for its simplicity, can also be seen as a limitation for those who need more polished and faithful designs.effectively to your needs.

Yaroslav
Information Technology Major in Griechenland
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

The best tool for sketching an initial layout or prototype of ANYTHING

Kommentare: Amazing tool if you need to showcase something or discuss the initial layout

I love Balsamiq and I have been using it for a while now if there is a work that involves UI/UX tasks that I need to define or explain. The tool has pretty much all you need to make an awesome prototype.

Few things. First of all, I would really appreciate a student tariff for the tool. Also, it would be great to the a web version of the tool that might be universal to use anywhere.

Ava
Ava
Software Development Engineer in USA
Rundfunk, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Ideal for increasing productivity and developing prototypes easily.

Kommentare: Using this software has been a great benefit because when developing projects one of the first steps we must take is the design of a sketch or prototype for the client and with Balsamiq it is possible for our work team to create different sketches and once created to be able to carry out early usability tests in order to be able to advance in the final prototype with the opinion of both the client and different users and when obtaining the final prototype, it is the most stable, that is, it is not necessary to carry out so many changes once it has been launched. This is how we can save time and deliver more successful products and be able to develop them faster.

As a developer it is important to know what the users think about the product, which is why using Balsamiq is the most accurate way to obtain more understanding about the product and the users in order to work on a more successful and satisfactory design. I like that Balsamiq allows for the creation of simple designs, where it is possible to brainstorm and even work on project sketches collaboratively. For example, if you want to design a new interface, it is possible to work on it online and share the ideas or models embodied by each one and the best thing is that it does not take much time because the tool has a very simple use where it is It is possible to drag and drop the elements that you want to use. In addition, another advantage obtained is that the designs created by being interactive, that is, with a simple design, can be used to carry out early usability tests, which avoids having to recode several times when you already have the final prototype.

Although Balsamiq brings with it some export options, it would be ideal if it could implement some others so that the user can have more options, in addition, its user interface is intuitive and easy to use, but making it a little more attractive could be helpful for the user experience with the software, and in terms of its cost, I consider that it may be a bit high, but considering its usefulness, it is worth your investment.

I love using Balsamiq as a tool to create simple + effective wireframes for web applications.

Kommentare: Simplistic nature of the software allows me to design software products quickly and effectively - files are easy to share, and have been very effective in communicating with my dev team.

I've experimented with several different wireframing softwares, and Balsamiq is definitely my favorite. I love that it focuses on product functionality, rather than design elements. I generally find wireframing for design to be distracting and preventative in coming up with a functional product design. Favorite features include: - Built-in shape templates make it fast and easy to mockup any sort of software or application - Black + white, hand-drawn feel removes distractions + allows me to focus on the actual product - Desktop app has one time license fee - Exporting to PDF is simple, and you can include links within the PDF that allow the user to mimic clicking between pages

Although I love the simplistic nature of Balsamiq, some people might be frustrated with the lack of certain functions: - Wireframe is not dynamic - only exports to static file formats - Built-in shapes might be restricting if you're looking to build something custom - Lack of folders, etc for organizing multiple pages, so if you're designing something complex you may find yourself searching for which page you left off on (this is something I would add if possible)

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hey there! Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts about our tool. :) Just wanted to let you know that our hierarchy feature might help you to organize your wireframes/pages: https://docs.balsamiq.com/cloud/overview/#using-a-hierarchy Hope this helps! -Virgin

Md Zaid
Associate Project Manger in Indien

Awesome tool for Mockups

Used a lot in my previous work. I was not at all having expertise in mockups but the tool is so easy that in a week I started completing the mockups for the complete project. Having the chrome integration is actually so helpful that I don't have to worry more about storage also. Availability of readymade components and icon is the beauty of the product. It enables a normal person also to put some super cool design stuff and the idea behind the design.

If Balsamiq enables integration and collaboration capabilities it will be nice. The prototype we design is quite a row team can provide now some lea and flat components and icons.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi there and thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts about our tool. Just wanted to mention that the new version of our Google Drive add-on (Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive) allows for real-time collaboration, chat and comments among other new features. Might be helpful for your team. More details on this page: https://docs.balsamiq.com/google-drive/wireframes/collaborating/ Feel free to reach out via support@balsamiq.com if you have any questions! -Virgin

Ahmet Gökhan
Ahmet Gökhan
software testing specialist in Türkei
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Web Interface Design with Balsamiq Application

Kommentare: Many of the components required for the design of the component are ready to be used. But if these were not enough, we can incorporate our own designs into the design.
There are different features for different components. Common features of each component grouping, symbol conversion, copy, undo, position and sizing settings. We can turn every work we do into a symbol and use it easily in other mockups.

In general, a preliminary drawing is made in the web projects interface before starting a detailed drawing. This drawing guides the design that we want the end user to see. Some interface designers do prototyping on paper and others on programs designed for this purpose. We use Balsamiq application. With this application you can easily and quickly create prototypes and draft drawings. All the design elements that can be used in a web page or in the application we design will be available in the balsamiq drawing tool. All we have to do is set the color, size and layout of the element we will use.

Balsamiq Mockups unfortunately is a mercenary product, but as everyone does, you can install a 7-day trial and develop the interface of your projects. Also, let me tell you from my research that Balsamiq is the most useful interface in design programs.

Personalwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

This is a great tool to create quick mockups to communicate design ideas for our products

Kommentare: I am able to create mockups quickly and efficiently to communicate design ideas to different stakeholders. It helps as a great starting point before we refine the design and move to high-fidelity mockups

It has a lot of pre-built shapes, icons, containers, symbols and form elements that make it easy and quick to build mockups for webpages or mobile app screens. The auto-save has been a life saver as I have a bad habit of not explicitly saving things I have work on. Ability to export mockups created in multiple formats makes it easy to attach the mockups in documents or with user stories for design and engineering to work on.

External images copied in to one project are available as assets only in that project and not others. So, I have to copy past them each time, which is inefficient. Some of the shapes, text formats are not as customizable as I would have liked. So, I have to find work arounds that are a little more time consuming

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts about our tool! :) I've added your vote for sharing assets between multiple projects. Also, we'd love to hear more about the controls that seem to be missing some properties for your usage. While it¿s totally fine if you don¿t have time for this, we¿ll be here to help if you¿d like (support@balsamiq.com) -Virgin

Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Useful low-fidelity mockups that allow designers to communicate flows, not UI

Kommentare: Easy to use, drag and drop wireframe and design flow communication tool. Allows for the designer to control the focus of feedback to be at a higher level than UI detailing and really discuss the merit of the experience that is being proposed.

Balsamiq is a great way to describe the flows (or potential flows) of an application or website, without getting bogged down into UI-level details. The library of low-fi components is super useful to quickly and easily communicate a concept, and have it evaluated at the level that you would like. I like the scrappy styling, as opposed to doing some greyscale geometry in another tool (which just doesn't set the right tone).

A minor wish I have that I would like Balsamiq to be be able to do, is actually integrate with other tools like Sketch. I'm not sure how that would work, but being able to work using our own design components (we have a shared GUI pack) but then be able to flick over to a "sketchy" versions of these would be super valuable for elements of the screen that are very particular to our products.

Christian
Director of Technology and Integrations in USA
Strafverfolgung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Balsamiq for All Your UI Needs

Kommentare: I use Balsamiq anytime I need to create user interfaces and get approval from stakeholders. This allows me to rapidly prototype and prepares the team for software development. It is indispensable.

- Make mockups lightning quick - Get approval without nit picking - Very affordable - Runs on all my computers - Easily export for sharing - Import your own graphics

- It could offer additional built-in templates - It requires an update to Adobe Air if you don't use it for a while - Importing media could be a little better - It would be nice if you could integrate pre-built Javascript scripts into the mockups

Sportartikel, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Mockups for Everyone

Kommentare: Balsamiq has allowed myself and others at our company to quickly put together mockups to thoroughly explain and show new features or changes we would like to make on our site. They are easy to share and easy for others to understand.

Balsamiq is one of the most intuitively easy tools I've used in a long time. I had to teach myself how to use Balsamiq and was able to quickly learn the basics on my own and get a page mockup ready in very little time. If you take the time to dive deeper, there are some very complex features that can really improve your mockups as well.

The only real complaint I have about Balsamiq is that the search feature doesn't work very well. It seems as though a lot of the assets available to you are not tagged correctly which can make searching almost ineffective. It is usually easier to dig through the category menus when looking for a specific asset.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My first rapid wireframing experience turned a success thanks to Balsamiq

Kommentare: One of the best tools I've discovered recently. Cheap and easy to use. A must have for quick back and forth on your UX plans.

Great tutorial to get you started, a ton of elements to use out of the box to create wireframes quickly and painlessly. Balsamiq is perfect for someone with no wireframing experience. The process of transferring your vision to a visual design is a breeze for a person with no experience in graphic design so your product owners and stakeholders could use it too. I love the rough-edged design of the app, and the free-handed look your initial designs get but you can make things more presentable if needed. I am using a Google Drive addition for only $5 a month and couldn't be happier with the value for the money. Only the editors need a license. Any number of people can view your designs that you can share like regular Google docs, slides, or sheets.

There are several different fields you can use to comment and write descriptions, so it can be confusing as to where to put the most important information about the design so that your team can always see it.

Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Few things to know about Balsamiq

Kommentare: Must to have a product like this for building prototype.

1. A very good tool to learn wireframing and the concept of wireframing. 2. I am glad to say that it provides a top notch level of UX that helps me a lot to build wireframe of any display quickly and easily.

1. Limited access to icon library there can be scope of improving it. 2. Boring user interface as it don’t attacts me just because it doesn’t have any color options.

Jon
Product Marketing in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Good for brainstorming ideas and getting concepts shared with app designers

Kommentare: I like the overall ease of use when designing and mocking up apps and screens. It's easy to build a flow and annotate so you can share and get things started. When you're in the concept stage and trying to get a basic visual out, it's a great tool to start and work with.

Just very easy to use, the basic library of icons, images, etc is quite good and adding your own images, while a little cumbersome, lets me create different looks pretty easily. Was also easy to export in formats for sharing with stakeholders on design and app developers, especially with the annotations. Really a good tool to get up and running and you do not need to be a coder.

A bit cumbersome to add your own images/icons. This is definitely meant for a user on a large screen. I used it on my laptop and it was a pain. You need screen real estate to use this effectively. The menus could be a little easier to use, but nothing here was a deal-breaker.

FC
FC
Product Lead: Fulfillment in Südafrika
Einzelhandel, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good little tool to refine rough ideas for screen designs

Kommentare: We use this tool to help product managers and UX designers with getting rough wireframes at the start of a project to facilitate brainstorming.

Balsamiq strikes a good balance between simplicity and features. It manages to have enough components to prototype your ideas quickly without getting too bogged down by endless customizability. The end result is getting your project off the ground faster, which is definitely worth it.

Honestly not a lot, as long as you understand the context in which this software should be used. It isn't supposed to be a detailed UI mockup tool, there are other much more elaborate software packages for that. This is something that should be used by a product manager or UX person very early to set up quick wireframes.

Gulshan
Associate Project Manager in Indien
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best to create mockups and wireframes

Kommentare: Well, my over experience is good and using this software from few months. Hope i won't get any hurdle.

It is always a challenge to show how the software will look like before developing it, but with balsamiq it is actually possible by creating mockups very easily. I love the user interface. I use to create mockups and wireframes them in a proper way to show to them to my clients. To show them the progress i create flowchart which is easy to build and export it in pdf or png which is another good feature and i like it. It has huge UI library which is very helpful.

Multiple displays organizations not supported in balsamiq.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use to make mockups without too much detail and functionality

Kommentare: For many years I have been using the standalone version of the application almost daily. It is an easy application to use and in a short time you achieve a first iteration for a project. It has a "sketchy" aspect, which is a registered trademark (maybe because I have been using it for years, but I love it)

The general disposition of the elements to use to carry out the work is good and its usability also. It allows to load personal assets to use in different projects and export as PDF or images.

It does not allow high-level mockups in HTML, rather it desatca for being a "first version" of them. Even his "sketchy style" make it not become an almost final model of an application to be developed.

Nathan
Web Lead in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple wireframing that anyone can figure out.

Kommentare: Overall I've enjoyed using Balsamiq as a lightweight solution to quickly mock up a widget or interface. I've used it on dozens of projects and it has served me well. I've never encountered a bug or usability issue that has prevented me from completing work.

It's a simple wireframing solution that allows multi-page PDF exports. The available tools and controls are simple, which forces you to design with a wireframe mindset and not get caught up in the visual details. You can get creative with the included assets to create elements that are not built-in by default. Balsamiq supports saving elements as symbols so that they can be easily reused across wireframes.

I have a licensed copy of Balsamiq Wireframes, however that does not allow me to receive major-version updates. I paid nearly $80 for a license years ago, but in order to upgrade, I need to purchase a new license (albeit at a discount). I would also like to see a wider variety of predefined assets included out of the box.

Product Management in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

I just love to SKIN any UI with this basic, yet simple-to-use tool.

Kommentare: Daily I use this tool to validate the user interface. Whenever there is a use case which I need to resolve in our product, I directly open this tool and start scratching. Yes, I start from the scratch, by having the components separated as a collage. Then I skin the UI by placing them in the positions which looks subtle and usable. Skinning the UI with this tool is easier. Just pick and play and the simplicity of this tool is THE key thing that I like in this tool. Minimized UI is something that we can achieve by splitting the UI into different frames. We can place the components in our desired place to check if customers can feel the importance of the applied element in the page that we are building. We can easily put ourselves in the user's shoes and think from their perspective to check if we are working on a usable interface. Moreover, the linking between the pages/tiles help us to see how the transition between each pages looks like. I usually go with RAW prototypes by scribbling in my notes. After I started using the Balsamiq tool, I go ONE STEP BEYOND scribbling. Yes, I do mocks and share with my visual designers to think through the page/feature that we want to build. This has helped our designers to a great extend. The time of making them understand the flow and designs has drastically come down. Also, the number of iterations has minimized which in turn has improved the quality of the designs that we are converging. of course, the productive has improved a lot in terms of peer-to-peer level convergence.

Ease Of Use. Quick Search. Default Icon set. The switch between Wireframe and Sketch i modes easier. I personally like the linking between the pages.

Designing the interface for Mobile Skins, and apps for Apple Watch seems to be a show-stopper. This has to be addressed. At times the screen resolution doesn't supports to take the screen shot from a laptop and to use it in the Balsamiq tool.