Gammadyne does it all

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Ian S.

Kommentare: It's an essential work-horse of our business - unlike other software we use it can seem invisible as it never causes any flaps. Just does it job day in and day out.

Vorteile: Extensive and clear help files. The fact that as well as being a complete email marketing solution as an app it also can be integrated into our own CRM. Could use it effectively from when we first got it - still learning new features or ways of using it many years later. We send around four million emails a week using it for around 50 clients.

Nachteile: I've got nothing on this - any major bugs or failings were ironed out years ago.

ISOLATED USER

Benton B.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I bought a copy of Gammadyne several years ago and mail some church related mailings. I work alone and have the usual problems of someone who works alone and doesn't have other people to ask questions of. I haven't sent you money in a long time so don't expect you to have a lot of time to help me. A first problem with rating this software is what you are comparing it to. I have never seen other software to know how it relates to others. Characteristically when you are using an unusual software, everything you have to figure out is difficult. I have figured out how to send my emails (about 10,000/month) from my Access database and so it is stable at this time, which is what I expected it to do. That being said the program performs well at doing what I purchased it for. I suspect it is actually capable of a lot more, but in my isolated situation it is difficult for me to learn more how to use it. For this reason the ratings are probably more about me than the program. I have the program on a stationary computer for sending out the big email batches. What I would like to know now is if I can apply one of my 3 remaining upgrades to install it on my portable computer to send small batches "on the fly" so to speak, or if I need to buy a separate copy. I would definitely recommend the program to anyone who needed to send out batches of emails.

Vorteile: It works, meaning it allows me to send out large batches of emails at throttled rates and not get kicked off the email server for overloading their system.

Nachteile: It is a complex program and I work alone on this type matter so it was difficult for me to learn what to do. I never actually got throttling down and stable and so bought a more comprehensive email service which was more tolerant to the volume.

von Gammadyne an 3.11.2016

Benton, I'm curious why you rated Customer Support one star. You never actually mentioned any experience with our support. We give users free email support, and we answer all inquiries.

To answer your question, the five activations that come with the license are not limited to any one user or machine. You do not need to buy another license.

As for throttling, you simply need to enable the "Universal Domain Throttle" on the Throttles branch.

Another email marketing software

Bewertet am 29.12.2019
Nikhil W.
Web Developer
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 1) As a fresher to email marketing I used this software to get a hands on to this software

Vorteile: 1) One of the best emailer softwares out there to help digitally increase your leads and understand CPC and click rates.

Nachteile: 1) The softwares UI is not as great as its features and in order to compete in the market it needs changes in this

Core features are nice, the product needs better attention to detail

Charles R.
Director, Software Development
Marktforschung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: for the most part, if we're simply using it to pull a stock form from a database and have it merge values and send email, it does that quite well. We have more problems when we use the HTML editor to build messages for one-off jobs. For instance, the functions and scripting command embedded into the HTML code are not protected against the HTML validator, turning scripts like [[ if Age > 17 ]] into [[ if Age > 17 ]]. This requires our end users to use the raw editor which they are not as comfortable using and reading HTML. The process of marking invalid email addresses is also buggy and doesn't appear to always work. In our use, we've found that less than 50% of the records with bad email addresses fill the integer field we've designated with a value of 1 to tell the email address was bad.

Vorteile: the feature set they strive for, the combination of scripting features plus a less technical means of building email jobs.

Nachteile: Some features are buggy or at least have side effects that are frustrating to work around.

von Gammadyne an 9.11.2016

To avoid the WYSIWYG editor having problems with the < > characters, use the compare() function instead. For example, [[if Age > 17]] would become [[if compare(Age, 17) = 1]]

Please send us a copy of the project file so that we can take a look at the invalid email addresses problem.

Smart option!

Paul G.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you're a DIY user, Gammadyne Mailer is an excellent choice. Sure it might be a little slower sending than a cluster of dedicated mail servers, and you need to learn the features that are important to you, but you won't feel ripped off by some service provider. Everything that I was looking for in an ESP I found Gammadyne could do. Invest in understanding how email lists work, and you'll have a very valuable tool that's going to save you a lot of money. Plus you'll keep control of your lists, manage your own sender reputation, and feel more accomplished and connected to your audience. It's the difference between hiring a promoter and learning to build loyalty on your own. It takes a little effort on your part, but the result is you understand and adjust to make your email programs much more meaningful (both internally and externally) and more likely to be read by your audience. Being hands-on with email is way better than using a service provider. The mistakes you make will teach you how to be a better communicator.

Vorteile: If you're looking for a specific feature, it's there.

Nachteile: You have to learn the mechanics of how email sending actually works instead of being hands-off and just pressing "go."

Long time user, long time fan

Edgar D.
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have been using Gammadyne Mailer probably for 10 years or more. It really is a full-functioned mailing program. There is a significant learning curve, but once you have set it up, it works by itself. Over the years, I have had occasion to ask Greg W. questions via email. He has been gracious with his time, and helpful with his answers -- even a decade after my purchase! [Note: the writer may receive compensation for this review if among first 25 to send in a review. However, these are my honest opinions irrespective of whether I receive compensation.]

Vorteile: Full function program, handling everything from sign-ups, to bounces, to sending out a weekly newsletter (in my case). Greg provides great personal support.

Nachteile: Takes some significant learning. Less than easy double-opt-in process.

Email automation at its best

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Business Owner
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Easy to use and at a terrific price!

Vorteile: While we don't use this very often (usually about quarterly) because we don't receive nor send out much email, when we do send out an email announcement to all our customers, this program is the one I run to. Took me several hours over the course of a week or so to input all my customer information (I like to do things one at a time vs. an upload or merger), now that all my customers are in the database, using it and employing it are a breeze. It's super easy to add new customers as they come in. I make sure to do it almost as soon as I can so things don't build up, and I don't get behind. All the boxes of the software are easy to fill in, and it really allows me to manage all the different lists I create with all our different type customers.

Nachteile: It's limited. What it can do is terrific. After using it for a long time, I am now finding things I would like to do that this version of the software can't. While none of the new ideas are pressing, I may have to find another email/list management software within the next 6-18 months that will allow me to expand how I want to contact my customers.

von Gammadyne an 28.3.2019

We're always looking for ways to improve Gammadyne Mailer so let us know what your ideas are.

Great Software

Margarita E.
Director for Communications and Public Relations
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Gammadyne is a great tool that we have been using for long time in our Department of Communications and Public Relations to communicate with our School, we can have our own design to send the different news letters, have attachments, and all of the updates have been of great use. Thank you so much!!

Vorteile: You can create your own design, you can personalize the letters, has upgrades along the year.

Nachteile: Sometimes the emails dont get through, only accepts our emails from the Institution. I dont know if there is a space or tool where I can adapt to send every email (hotmail, yahoo , gmail...not only ours itesm).

Email Marketing Diamond

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Harald S.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I'm a long-time user of this software. I like that it is completely under my control (software, no SaaS, no monthly recurring costs). It is very powerful, well documented, and continually improved. It allows attachments (something I haven't found on any Saas).

Nachteile: It requires a mail server (something every website hosting package comes with and is no disadvantage). The handling of unsubscribes, forwards, preferences, and webversion links is less convenient compared to an SaaS. Tracking costs extra (at an affordable rate).

Great product at a terrific price

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Stephen J.
President / CEO
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used it for almost 10 years - has always been mu go to tool for bulk email

Vorteile: The value is is a no brain'r. It is very easy to set up and run our campaigns.

Nachteile: Not a pretty interface but that doesn't really affect how it works

So Glad I Found Gammadyne Mailer Years Ago.

Bewertet am 16.11.2016
Alexander I.
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Gammadyne Mailer for at least 10 years now. Although I use only a relative handful of the myriad capabilities of this amazing software, its depth of features I find astounding. It is easy-to-use for those of us with simpler needs, but capable of the most complex operations I could ever imagine for those who might require them. My analogy is that it is a Cray Supercomputer built so it can also do simple spreadsheets, word processing and browsing the web as well as handle the most complex calculations anyone could want to do. I've spent a lot of time studying its full range of abilities, only because I find it fascinating. Being a software junkie in service of making my life at work easier, I've found and used a number of great work task problem-solvers. In my opinion, I have never used any software that upgrades so meaningfully. Each upgrade has either made something better (incl. bug fixes) , added something valuable for someone, or made it easier for me to use. Last thoughts on my part, is the documentation. Their documentation is more than extensive and clear, and I have never had to call the company to find a solution to my question or problem. Even though I've never called or written the company for support I gave it 5 stars. I just assume what that will be like based on the care that has gone into the program itself. I guess I like Gammadyne Mailer :-) Alexander Irving

Vorteile: You already have my overall review that covers these points.

Nachteile: Not much to gripe about.

By far, the best

Eric O.
CEO/Founder
Wein und Spirituosen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Gammadyne Mailer for nearly as long as I've been operating LocalWineEvents.com over 16 years.
I can honestly say that I could not have done what I've done without it.
To this day, it is an absolutely essential piece of our operation. Very little trouble over the years and when I had a question, the support was (and still is) extremely helpful.
I give it five stars across the board.
EVO

Vorteile: Very robust. More features than you can imagine. Fully functional part of our business that has not worked as needed.

Nachteile: NONE

Total Email Solution

Bewertet am 4.11.2016
Ian S.

Kommentare: We use Gammadyne for all out bulk email sends and incoming processing. It's integrated with our own systems and we have used it extensively for over 12 years. We've had the odd addition to the software to suit our own needs and have always found it robust and capable. It delivers millions of emails every week and reliably handles the incoming leads, unsubscribes and bounces to keep things running smooth.

Vorteile: Incredibly feature rich - excellent help files, stable, very good value for money.

Gammadyne gives you back time

Ines B.
Senior Software Engineer
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Gammadyne Mailer for years now and it has proved a valuable friend. It has saved me hours of tedious work and always been there when I needed it. I have introduced it to other people who have again found it invaluable. Not always very easy to setup but once that's out of the way you can easily replicate and use for all your mailing needs. I wouldn't want to go without it.

Vorteile: Flexibility and easy to use once setup.

Nachteile: Setting up can be a challenge

Gammadyne mailer

George H.

Kommentare: The Gammadyne mailer is an awesome bit of software in its power and scope for managing large email campaigns. The number of features can be daunting when you first use it but it is well laid out and covers pretty much everything you would want to do with an email broadcasting platform.

Vorteile: Speed and flexibility

Nachteile: Because it is so powerful there is a lot to learn about it which can make it feel complicated initially.

I keep coming back to it

Wendy H.
Partner
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I bought Gammadyne way back when as I needed something that would allow me, an almost total illiterate when it comes to software, the ability to send a page I had set up on my webpage, directly to my customers. In a very short amount of time, together with direction from the support staff, this was accomplished and I used it to send a monthly mail-out to customers. Over time this fell away and only after a period of some months did I go back in order to use it again. By now all the technology had changed and it was no longer possible to lift a page and send it as it had been. After trying various other packages offered by some of the web page builders I dug out Gammadyne and reinstalled it and ungraded it and returned to the support staff for direction. Once again clear and concise information and suggestions was forthcoming and I was up and running in no time. The only reason I give it 4 stars for functionality is because I only use a small part of the software and yet I know it can do so much but I cannot comment on the extras.

Vorteile: Pretty easy to understand.

Nachteile: I only use it once a month and I forget the steps so more my failing than the softwares.

Simply the best!

Bewertet am 31.3.2017
Osvaldo A.
Engineer
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Gammadyne Mailer for almost two decades and it is simply the best! There are so many resources available and it's good to see it in constant improvement.

Vorteile: The ease of integration with sql and different databases. G-Merge is great!

Nachteile: No cons.

Its a great software design for mass mailing. We have been using this since 2014 and its easy to use

Bewertet am 6.7.2017
Atul S.
Founder,CEO and Editor-in-Chief
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has helped me streamline a massive email operation and I am delighted to have this software. Its been a wonderful experience so far and I look at the various features available through the report which helps us to understand where do we have more presence and traction. Its helps to take decision as the data is readily available for us.

Vorteile: I like the design and features of tracking the emails. It's very user friendly. The features are very well designed and the overall software is easy to navigate. it gives options to connect to external database.

Nachteile: If an auto upgrade option was available with the use of license it would be wonderful. I would see that as an option available to end user.

Does what it says

Bewertet am 3.2.2019
Wendy H.
Partner
Personalwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Happy enough not to ever look at others.

Vorteile: Not being a web developer I found this relatively easy to understand with the help from their great support team. I imagine, however, what is greek to me is easy for anyone with more than just a rudimentary knowledge of a web page. It does what I need it to and makes my life a whole lot easier.

Nachteile: 2 difficulties I have found is 1) why I cant seem to get the tracking reports but it seems to be something to do with my email setup and so far this is a mystery to me and 2) the system seems to take close spellings of curse words to be enough to give a bad spam score. Easy enough to sort out but irritating for it to occur every time I use the program.

von Gammadyne an 11.2.2019

Wendy, we can find no problem on our end with the tracking notices, so I think that your spam filter is blocking them.

Regarding #2, I assume you are referring to the "Test Spam Score" tool. This tool simply gives you an idea of things that a third party spam filter might flag. It does not actually affect anything you do in any way.

friendly software

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Joseph B.
Engineer
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent

Vorteile: friendly software, easy handling, Good management of information, excellent communication tool and location, allows to adapt various types of work for each case

Nachteile: Lack of storage space, slowness when there are many jobs loaded

The only mailing system we'd use

Bewertet am 15.11.2016
Richard P.
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mailer is our go-to platform for sending millions of important company news communiques annually, and tracking them.

Vorteile: Lightweight, easy to understand user interface

Nachteile: I wish we could integrate it into our central mailing server rather than have to remotely control a PC it is installed on.

A Superb powerful tool

Bewertet am 15.12.2016
Nicos C.
IT Consultant

Kommentare: An excellent piece of software with so many features that works better than any other marketing tool found online without any running costs at a minimal price.

Vorteile: everything

Nachteile: none

A Great mass-mailer tool

Elchonon S.
customer support
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used it for over 10 years and I still love it for its ease of use. I am able to customize our emails and send them out to thousands of sour subscribers.

Great Software for mass mailings

Chris C.

Kommentare: Gammadyne makes a powerful mailer at a fraction of the price of any competitor. I know I researched for weeks to find the best and this is it. Be aware this is a very configurable, and not for the weak. For example you must know your user names and passwords and gateway settings for all email accounts you intend to use. If you try to use your own domain, be aware you need to slow down delivery they call it (throttle) your emails or spam settings will kill your project. I love the merge capabilities with all major database platforms. It is a super product. Enjoy.

Vorteile: I like the configurable aspect the software gives me. Companies like mailchimp and others don't want you sending to info at addresses or sales at. Well I have alot of clients that have those kinds of emails. Gammadyne lets you do what you want.

Nachteile: Setting the throttle periods so that emails don't get junked is a learning curve.

Basic functions OK, could be better.

Bewertet am 29.11.2016
James E.
IT Technician
Landwirtschaft, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am the network technician for our company and work with our sales and marketing team to send our mailers.
The program works well for sending out bulk email without a great deal of complication. The feature I like best is that once I have set the SMTP server settings I do not have to copy or recreate them for each mailer I send, only need to adjust the mailer list itself.
I find that the program works best if you create the mailer from within the program creation tools. When we have tried to import from a program such as Dreamweaver I have found the mailers do not display correctly for the recipient.
Overall the product works well, but it is not for everyone.

Vorteile: Simple and basic interface, easy to use wizards. One time setup for SMTP configuration

Nachteile: Does not seem to support 3rd party software very well. Our company uses Dreamweaver for WEB design and the software does not display well.

von Gammadyne an 30.11.2016

I worked with James on the Dreamweaver problem. Dreamweaver was using an external style sheet, which is not supported with email. Fortunately, Gammadyne Mailer has a "Make Styles Inline" option that helps deal with this.