Über Guru

Webbasierte Wissensaustauschplattform, die überprüfte Informationen von Fachleuten aus deinem Team liefert: wo du arbeitest, wenn du sie am meisten benötigst.

Erfahre mehr über Guru

Rob S.
Director EBusiness
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.5.2020

"The Company Brain"

Kommentare: Guru helps us get new hires up to speed quickly and helps our fast growing organization keep everyone on the same page. Stops interruptions and the frustration of trying to find the right and most recent information. Solves the huge timezone challenges with teams working globally and it is impossible to connect to head office easily.

Vorteile: There is lots to like in this knowledge management platform. New hires absolutely love being able to find the information then need and trust it once they have found it. 1) Ease of use: Integration with GSuite and a Chrome extension make it easy to find and create content
2) Great search function and AI
3) Validation of information so users know what they are reading is current.

Nachteile: layout tools of the individual cards is a bit weak. It has an export to PDF function that we will never use because you can't create nice looking cards.

• Bewertet am 26.5.2020
Leigh F.
Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 13.2.2020

"Great Resource for Freelance Work"

Kommentare: Good. You need to do your research and I recommend reading their tips and tricks if you are new to the freelancing world.

Vorteile: I used Guru to gain new clients after my children were born. It was a great way to make money remotely and provided me a larger scope to reach clients.

Nachteile: The software was very easy to use. My issue was more with client interaction but you get that anywhere.

• Bewertet am 13.2.2020
Roman D.
Entrepreneur
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 28.4.2020

"Guru for Users"

Kommentare: so far so good while am still learning how to maximize this platform

Vorteile: I just started using this and noticed that it's an all-in-one platform for managing things like projects and tasks

Nachteile: the help tool wasn't as efficient as I thought it would be as the self-help was not as intuitive while on-the-go usage/training

• Bewertet am 28.4.2020
Jeremy K.
Solutions Consultant
  • Bewertet am 6.3.2020

"Best Knowledge Management"

Kommentare: Overall I'm very happy with my experience with Guru. We use it across our whole organization to keep everyone informed on new feature updates and decks to be accessed - super useful tool!

Vorteile: This is the first company where I've worked where they have a knowledge management software - I wish I knew about this earlier! The interface is incredibly intuitive and extremely useful.

Nachteile: The software is only as useful as the content you have inside it. Sometimes there is outdated content in our system although this is no fault to Guru.

• Bewertet am 6.3.2020
Samantha R.
Customer Service Representative
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2020

"Absolute must have "

Kommentare: Overall experience is very positive and I would definitely recommend. Only star is lost for how the search functions.

Vorteile: I use Guru constantly through my day, every single day, and I can say without a doubt my job would be a lot harder without being able to use Guru for my resources. It really makes a difference and I love it.

Nachteile: The only thing I wish we could change about Guru is that it would be nice if it had a more Google-like search function. Sometimes remembering how to search it properly can be frustrating.

• Bewertet am 8.5.2020
Jack M.
Enterprise Business Development Representative
  • Bewertet am 27.1.2020

"Great place to centralize information "

Kommentare: It's been fantastic. We used to have information stored in a few different places so it was always difficult finding the information you needed. Now that everything is stored in Guru, it's made my job 10x easier.

Vorteile: Guru has been great. This is where our organization holds all of our sales material for one-pagers, client information, competitor information, etc. and is extremely easy to pull up information.

Nachteile: Our company is fairly newer to Guru so it is going to take time for us to build up the information that we will store in there. People have to manually create cards so it can be a lengthy process for certain material.

• Bewertet am 27.1.2020
Maggie C.
Recruiter
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.11.2019

"Easy to search and look company info up"

Vorteile: All company info is in one place
Like an internal Wiki but all in one location and you can see when information was most recently updated

Nachteile: looks a little messy, lots of information on one page, bit overwhelming
Editing pages is confusing, need to be taught

• Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Zack O.
BDR
  • Bewertet am 2.4.2020

"Cheat Sheets for Sales Teams"

Kommentare: Overall experience is great, we recently implemented it. It allows for all the information I need to be a few clicks away.

Vorteile: What I like the most about guru is that the plug-in allows all the information you can ever need for your team to be right on the side of your screen. For example, if you're making a cold call, you can have your elevator pitch right on the side of the screen allowing you to keep your prospects salesforce page up while making the seamless pitch.

Nachteile: What I like least, there hasn't been much that I've found with Guru that is bad. Only thing that has caused some trouble is the plug-in makes Chrome crash every so often.

• Bewertet am 2.4.2020
Rosa G.
Senior Operations Manager
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"Central source of truth"

Vorteile: It is incredibly easy to use. I love the knowledge alerts to hold my team accountable.

Nachteile: That I can't create drafts. It makes it really hard to strategically plan around when I will make new information accessible

• Bewertet am 18.2.2020
William A.
Onboarding Risk Associate
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.2.2020

"Guru - Easy to Use"

Kommentare: I like Guru. It makes my life easier when working. I have easy access to the policies that my company has while I'm doing my own work.

Vorteile: I like using Guru. We use it to set up policy and procedure cards. The chrome extension allows us to have easy access to policies while working through different items.

Nachteile: I think there could be more clarification as to why cards need to be verified. It would be nice if there was also was an admin position that could instantly verify cards.

• Bewertet am 29.2.2020
Customer Support Agent
  • Bewertet am 14.3.2019

"Guru fit our support team's needs perfectly!"

Kommentare: I lead the effort to find a solution for our internal documentation and researched many options. Guru stood out from the others by a long shot. As soon as we tried it we knew we couldn't live without it. Our support team adopted it and pretty soon the developers were on board too. "There's a Guru card for that!" is a common saying in our office now when someone asks a question. Really couldn't live without this now.

Vorteile: Guru cards put the information we need right where we need it. We use the Chrome extension and we can access our cards while still looking at our ticket. The "cards" idea was genius as we tend to drop all sorts of information in them that we wouldn't bother to put in a document. And having to assign owners and verify the information on a schedule solved a problem that was killing us in our old system.

Nachteile: I was I could uncouple a card from the dropdown list that the Chrome extension displays and move it around my screen so I could see what's underneath.

• Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Gabriella Q.
Facilitator
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2019

"Great tool for storing useful knowledge tools!"

Kommentare: We use it to store our policies and procedures. Users can check here for updated info and remind themselves on a specific policy. If they need to they can star the card for future reference and leave comments to gain clarity.

Vorteile: Makes it easy for us to keep an information database for our staff to access on demand. It’s easy for admins to add edits and also allows users to comment and tag themselves in information that may need updating.

Nachteile: Nothing, it provides everything we would require in an info database and more. We switched from a different software for its ability to allow users to track and comment on cards

• Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Research Analyst
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2018

"GURU changes everything"

Vorteile: Seamless: Guru fit right into our company needs seamlessly. We needed a centralized and organized hub for company and product knowledge and we able to, within a couple weeks, deploy it to everyone in the company. Company-wide Adoption: Everyone in the company uses GURU, from the CEO down to the sales team and support reps. We've reduced white noise and chatter in Slack by creating an easy way to access cross-team knowledge and specific/esoteric knowledge. Chrome Extension: The Chrome Extension cranks up this software to an 11. Having quick info at your fingertips to use on the fly for phone calls is incredibly useful. Ease of Use: Navigation, the UI/UX, the card editor, organization is all incredibly well thought out and put together. I see small improvements are still ongoing, but it all points towards the same goal of increasing product use and adoption. I've yet to be disappointed with feature deployment from GURU.

Nachteile: Too many cooks in the kitchen: One of the things I've already seen in the past few months is what I call "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome. GURU allows you to set up product experts and card "verifiers" which allows for someone else in the organization to sign off that the GURU card you created contains accurate information. However, sometimes there are too many competing voices to sign off on that card with different ideas and expectations for what should be inside of that card. We are still creating documentation for what information we want to house inside of GURU cards and it is coming along. This is just one thing to be careful of; who controls the knowledge; who controls access to that knowledge?

• Bewertet am 31.1.2018
GTM Ops Rep
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.11.2019

"Amazing Business Knowledge App"

Kommentare: It really helps me quite my teammates quite educated on what's new in the company and this saves a LOT of of talking or explaining. I'm really glad Guru exists.

Vorteile: I really like the fact that every knowledge card can be easily organized into boards and the level of permission configuration is so high and reliable. I really dig its design and language too.

Nachteile: The last update make the whole page a bit slower and the side menu is a bit crammy. The search tool speed was never great either. And the most complicated of all is the card text editor – when it sticks to a certain format, forget it, you are never going to be able work around unless you delete it all. It's really a pain when you need to edit already existing cards. Oh, the Chrome extension is not really responsive and also quite slow. I ended up removing it and sticking with the site instead.

• Bewertet am 17.11.2019
Jonathan S.
Director of Customer Success
  • Bewertet am 12.9.2018

"Saves time for support, sales, and onboarding"

Kommentare: I was introduced to Guru at the Elevate Summit conference, and my team has enjoyed it ever since. Our sales and support team rely on it heavily for saved responses to common issues and questions, and for communicating existing issues or procedures. We also use it for "tribal knowledge" which has made it much easier to onboard new hires. Overall, this tool has saved my team time and nurtured communication between ourselves and with our own selves from the past!

Vorteile: + Easy, fast search for information through Chrome browser extension
+ Integration with Slack makes sharing or creating cards a breeze

Nachteile: - Verifying cards becomes daunting if you don't regularly groom the knowledge base

• Bewertet am 12.9.2018
Pre-opening Specialist
Gastgewerbe, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.4.2018

"Browser add on is the best feature for quick access to information"

Kommentare: Easy to create information, and easy access through it's browser add on.

Vorteile: The browser add on is great because you can access quickly links and information that are used on a daily basis, instead of having to go to type an intranet website and search what you need. The concept of everyone adding knowledge very easily is great for startups who are changing all the time.

Nachteile: The web version of the platform, doesn't seem as easy to use as other website intranet options. Is the only piece missing for a perfect place to store and search for information. I don't use it at all, I just use the add on. It might be the design, cards are way to big, and you have to do a lot of clicks to find something, first the board, then the collection, then the cards.

• Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Senior Sales Development Representative
  • Bewertet am 28.9.2018

"Guru is a necessity!"

Kommentare: Guru is especially necessary for newer people within the company!

Vorteile: I utilize Guru each and every day. It is the best way to keep a company on the same page about topics internally and externally. If I need a quick answer and don't want to ask someone on a different team, I can quickly search it on Guru and find the answer.

Nachteile: Sometimes it's difficult for me to find the "activity" page but only because it's underneath the Dashboard. I believe it should have it's own tab.

• Bewertet am 28.9.2018
Michael C.
Customer Service Specialist L2
internationale Angelegenheiten, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.12.2018

"Great tool for quick access to documentation!"

Vorteile: When used properly, this is a killer app for internal documentation. It's incredibly easy to add, edit, and search for information with this tool. Within our support organization, it saves a toon of time when someone needs process info or how-tos... a quick search with basic keywords almost always gets what you need.

Nachteile: No so far... it's been stable and rock solid for us.

• Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Account Executive
  • Bewertet am 28.8.2018

"incredibly intuitive and fast"

Kommentare: This is making it way easier to manage all our internal knowledge resources and have loved the experience

Vorteile: -this tool is used by our outbound teams and extremely helpful when grabbing content or answers in the moment
-fast and flexible; also love that we get feedback on our top knowledge content
-super simple searching takes seconds to find what I need

Nachteile: -not sure about the flexibility of setting up info because I'm not the admin, but sometimes have seen weird categories pop up - usually gets fixed quickly

• Bewertet am 28.8.2018
Enterprise Account Executive
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2018

"Good for company-owned content"

Kommentare: We use Guru to better organize our assets for easy sharing and distribution amongst the team.

Vorteile: It's a great way for Directors, VPs, to control what folks access.

Nachteile: It's sometimes really hard to find what you want, you have to be smart about the way you tag and categorize items. Not good for knowledge share amongst peers.

• Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Jonathan S.
Director of Customer Success
  • Bewertet am 10.10.2017

"I feel like a librarian, flinging the doors of knowledge open to my team."

Vorteile: It feels like the connecting membrane of the teams. Suddenly the niche knowledge stowed away in each person is accessible with a quick search, all in the context of your day to day browser session. More practically speaking, my sales team uses this to quickly search our docs for the images or product details they need to answer prospect's questions. My support team uses this to remember product nuances, known issues and saved responses. We also feed it information for consumption by our marketing and sales team.

Nachteile: I notice that my searches for tags when organizing my cards sometimes don't generate results. However it may have been my spotty airline wifi

• Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Joshua K.
Software Developer
  • Bewertet am 8.4.2019

"Guru is powerful and easy to use"

Kommentare: We use this for our users to have a clear understanding of how things work.

Vorteile: I love how easy this software is to use and to have our users look up information, as well as the verification processes to ensure articles are accurate.

Nachteile: Guru is great. I wish that there was an easier way to print a card, but that does not come up often.

• Bewertet am 8.4.2019
Andersen Y.
Product Manager
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2018

"A great knowledge management solution - but you need your team's buy in"

Kommentare: We use it as a tool to support our sales team with the idea of them being able to self-serve and find the right pieces of information.

Vorteile: It is a fairly intuitive product to use and build on top of. We also integrated Guru into our Slack instance and urge our sales team to go through Guru before asking a human.

Nachteile: I don't dislike Guru, but have noticed that with any KMS you need to have constant upkeep to ensure the quality of the information stored is good. Additionally, it's not enough to just maintain the knowledge, people need to be dilegent about adding to it.

• Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Jessica S.
Sagar
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.4.2019

"Guru is Great "

Kommentare: Previously we were using a custom made support hub. I never used it it was so hard to search for information and I wasnt always sure that the information was up to date. Do not have these problems with Guru!

Vorteile: I love the search feature. I love the tag feature. I love that you can submit suggestions to the update team easily!

Nachteile: Not a bad word to say! Sometimes my desktop can get a bit messy when I open to many widgets. I have started to stick to the webpage view.

• Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Jon D.
Senior Recruiter
  • Bewertet am 26.2.2019

"Great Knowledge Management System"

Kommentare: The company uses Guru to store all our knowledge/ policies / practices. Easy way to share information as a group and keep everyone up to date.

Vorteile: We used to store all our knowledge in Jira but recently transitioned to Guru. Guru easy very easy to use and has lots of cool features. The auto verify feature is great and makes sure information is kept up to date.

Nachteile: Its a solid platform and I have not encountered any negatives in my use.

• Bewertet am 26.2.2019