Filtern nach:

Über ReqView

Ein einfaches und leistungsstarkes Tool zur Erfassung und Verwaltung von Anforderungen, mit dem du die Rückverfolgbarkeit analysieren und offline mit anderen zusammenarbeiten kannst.

Erfahre mehr über ReqView

Romuald G.
Romuald G.
Product Director in Frankreich
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Using Reqview to manage requirements of medical devices

Kommentare: On-line documentation covers a very broad panel of use and configuration topics. The documentation is very easy to read and understand and also very straightforward. The support via email or their support portal is very efficient and effective in solving our issues or helping with advanced topics.

We use Reqview to record specifications of our medical robotic devices, both for hardware requirements and software requirements, in the scope of the EN 62304, ISO 14971 and ISO 13485 standard of the medical device industry. We use Reqview to analyze risks and trace the mitigations up to specifications and test cases. We record and trace test cases specifications in Reqview using multiple document projects. Everything is stored as json files which allows us to store the source files in a GIT server. Reqview has very easy to use export features allowing us to export Reqview documents into EXCEL or DOCX files matching with our company formatting templates so they can be archived within the documentation folder of our medical devices for regulatory purposes. ReqView is a perfect tool to support and enforce our quality process.

When features are missing, we can ask the Reqview team and they show their roadmap and progress done with features we are interested in. We can vote for upcoming features as well.

vor 9 Monaten

Thank you for great feedback with more information about your regulatory compliance usecase!

Peter H.
Functional Safety Manager in UK
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

ReqView requirements management tool

Kommentare: The support the team at ReqView give is incredible, always quick to respond to any questions, offering unprompted advise. Great bunch of people.

The tool is easy to learn, very user friendly interface, easy to customize, useful help file. Allows the user to focus on the task of managing rqmts and not waste time learning the tool. The SVN integration is just great, makes commits, updates, merge a breeze.

At the moment, you cannot view more than one document in a project at a time (you can open several projects at the same time) when linking and reviewing linked rqmts takes a little more effort. However, the people at ReqView have told this is planned to be fixed so two or more documents from the same project can be viewed at the same time.

vor 8 Monaten

Peter, thank you great review! You'll be able to view and edit projects in more application windows very soon because we plan to release the first beta of this feature in few days. Linking documents displayed in different project windows will boost your productivity to the next level.

Roelof S.
partner in Schweiz
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Requirements Engineering

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: good tool to quickly capture and evolve requirements.

low barrier to entry to use the software. Ability to export structured requirements lists, adapt these with stakeholders and re-import the data.

output is fiddly when using word. Output to other tools is likely fiddlier still.

vor 2 Wochen

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you like our product and find it easy and cost-effective to start. Thank you also for reporting a bug with exporting to Word. We fixed it in the latest release. Please contact our customer support if you need any further assistance with export to Word. We'll be happy to help.

Luca I.
freelance consultant in Deutschland

Perfectly-sized requirements management tool with all the most relevant features; responsive team

It has apparently been created by people who understand requirements management. It checks almost all boxes that are important to me. It pretty much takes the good parts of DOORS, and leaves out the bad ones. The ReqView team are very responsive, and attentive to the desires of their users. I have great expectations for future releases.

There are currently three different implementations (native app, web app, Chrome extension), all of which are missing a bit of functionality that's important to me, even though other implementations have it.

Senior designer in Niederlande
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A super effective tool for designers

Kommentare: As a company, we appreciate the look and feel of the ReqView software, that is very much accessible for people working in a creative technical environment. Installation and maintenance is simple and the cost is very reasonable.
As responsible for the implementation I have received substantial support from the ReqView team. Quite some wishes have resulted in features in the software (linked object hoover-over preview f.e.). Needles to say that I feel taken serious by ReqViews development team and that I am grateful for this We are confident about its use in the future.

One of the main benefits of ReqView is that it focusses really on the content that I am interested in as a designer in a product development process. There is little administrative and procedural overhead (clutter) in the program as well as in the user interface. This enables to view/read information paragraphs-wise almost like in word processing software. Having all information linked is fantastic for traceability and relative new to us, solving a documentation issue that could not realistically be solved with simple Office SW like Excel, Word etc.. ReqView is so simple that my compete design team can manage it, which is a great benefit over alternatives. The learning curve is steep, but really short (excluding HTML-programming). A super feature is the export into Word or PDF resulting in a compact document in which all linkage is still functional! How happy would I be as a client receiving such project documentation! Fantastic! Besides, also digital signing now is an option, a future must have!

The HTML programming needed for custom reports is something that you need to master, but from that point it offers many nice options. The recent ReqView update includes a wizard helping in this, which enables to create simple reports in under 30 seconds. So actually part of this pain is eased. Procedural rules, the delegation of formal rights etc. is not part of the software. Though we benefit from this, I can imagine that stricter application (quality systems) could ask for such functionality. However, we don't miss that at the moment.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Matrix Requirements

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ReqView: ReqViews user interface is much (!) less complicated, and design data is not in the cloud but local. Also the helpful team made us choose for ReqView.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you for the terrific review! It is nice to hear that you find ReqView excelling at simplicity and local data storage, comparing to alternative solutions. We are glad you like the new wizards and are looking forward to working together on the next ideas to make ReqView even better.

R&D director in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Exactly what I want for a requirements management tool

Kommentare: Fantastic - highly recommended for systems engineering and requirements management. I don't know why this tool isn't more widely recognized.

I wished for something like this software for years - a world above manual requirements management in Word or Excel, inexpensive, able to customize to whatever extent you want. I use it for tying together system/stakeholder requirements, design architecture, risk management, and verification testing. The support is top-notch - I've received replies within a few hours of every question I've asked, and they even implemented an update into their software within a few weeks of me outlining a particular issue I ran into.

Takes some learning to get it set up correctly and some additional examples to start from would be helpful. Exporting documents (to Word/PDF) is a little clunky.

Antwort von Eccam

Thank you for wonderful review! Regarding export to Word, please check ReqView v2.8.0 , which we released recently. This version introduces enhanced direct export of MS Word DOCX and MS Excel XLSX files. You will like it.

Philipp B.
Software Developer in Deutschland
Medizinische Geräte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Reqview als an alternative to Excel

Kommentare: We use ReqView as the "front end tool" to specify system and software requirements for projects.
We use ReqViews project concept to include requirement documents from a product line and the option to define custom relationships between documents to extend, append or overwrite generic product line requirements with project specific requirements.
The "backend" is a set of scripts which will merge the ReqView files (product line requirements with project specific requirements), convert it to LaTeX and generate nice PDFs - all that automatically in a CI environment.

First of all: It's lightweight and not bloated like many other requirement engineering tools. During a relaxed afternoon you'll be able to have played with *all* of its features and have learned how to use it. Also important: The database format is basically just plain ASCII which makes it easy to compare with earlier versions, easy to be parsed by scripts and easy to convert to whatever-you-want.

Currently a licence expires after one year. There are no liftime licences.

Antwort von Eccam

Hi Philipp, Thank you for your awesome review! We are amazed how powerful automated document generation back-end have you set up. Regarding perpetual license, we are flexible and can offer a longer licence period fitting your needs, for instance PRO license valid for 5 years. Regards, Libor

Stefan G.
Director in Deutschland
Automotive, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Reqview for SW and System Requirements

Kommentare: I use Reqview to manage multi-customer complex projects, including HW and SW requirements. ReqView serves our purpose very well.

It is a lean tool, which is quick and has good performance. Easy to use, no unnecessary features. It works very stable and it provides all vital functions you need for professional requirements management.

Multi-user support could be improved, merging is difficult. It would be great if vector graphics (PDF pictures) and tables would be supported. An automated PDF-book-export feature would be nice.

Antwort von Eccam

Hi Stefan, Thank you for your awesome review! We plan to introduce seamless team collaboration solution in the next major release, the work is already in progress. The other feature requests sound interesting. Lets discuss details on the Feature Request forum. Thank you for your trust and being our customer for almost 3 years. Regards, Libor

Tom Y.
VP Engineering in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great for Small to Midsize Companies who need to manage requirements

Kommentare: We are tracking requirements for a product in a highly regulated industry. ReqView allows us to manage requirements and risks from the system level to the component level with full traceability. The function is very similar to a limited DOORS product but at a fraction of the price.

The software manages requirements very well and allows traceability through the entire Requirements/Risk document structure. The basic functions are easy to use. The ReqView team is very good at tracking user inputs to improve the software and they are very responsive to customer needs.

To use more advanced features requires at least a light knowledge of programming. I was able to figure out the features that I needed and the support at ReqView was very helpful and responsive when I did ask questions.

Dan S.
Embedded Developer in UK
Öl & Energie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Initial impressions of a new ReqView user.

All I really wanted to do was get on with the task of defining my project requirements, and the thought of facing a steep learning curve, on any new requirements suite, was not something I wanted to go through. However, ReqView presented me with no such 'learning curve' hurdle, and as soon as it was installed I found I could get on with defining my project requirements knowing that the formatting of the 'deliverable' document could be refined later on in the process. This is exactly the sort of requirements platform I was looking for... and ReqView delivered it to me.

The general editing of tables could perhaps be enhanced. I found that the look and layout of them within the ReqView environment could be improved, and some of the editing features did not work exactly as intended. For example there is a confirmed bug associated with the table popup in the editor dialog, where the popup buttons or dropdowns don't work sometimes, such as when trying to edit rows. However the ReqView support team did provide a workaround which allowed me to get my editing done.

vor 4 Monaten

Thank you for feedback. We are happy that you appreciate how easy you started with ReqView. Thank you also for reporting usability issues of embedded tables. We are working on a fix and will introduce it in an upcoming release.

Malcolm M.
Principal Design Engineer in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

'Right-sized' between capability versus ease of use and maintenance.

Kommentare: An easy-to-implement and -maintain requirements management system. It doesn't try and be the answer to everything we have ever needed in our development process, which usually leads to overly complicated software which drives your system, rather than the other way around. ReqView fills just the slot we need it to.

We are a small development group that does not have the bandwidth to justify dedicated resources to learn and customize a complex tool. We have periods of heavy activity followed by months of not touching the tool, so ease of use was at the top of our list of priorities. Additionally, being in the medical device field, we already have many systems in place and do not want to disrupt what is already running smoothly. ReqView is very specific about what it is trying to accomplish, and does it well. It is easy to learn (we have only needed the online documentation) and the pricing makes it a no-brainer to start playing with. The product is definitely a work in progress, with new features being added on a regular basis. A couple of them have been as a result of requests I made personally, so you can't get better responsiveness than that! Rather than trying to do everything, ReqView provides straightforward import and export to standard MS Office software. For version control, we treat it like source code in a Subversion database, but it can be used on a shared drive. Updates are easy and automatic. It's not SAAS, which our IT department would have nixed for security reasons, plus there's not the delay involved with remote servers.

Customization of outputs to fit the needs of the project documentation is usually a bear, and ReqView is no exception. We had the same issue (except worse!) with previous RM software. Someone who is well-versed in HTML and CSS might find this easy, and there is copious documentation available at w3schools.com, but I admit to spending much more time to generate a half dozen or so output scripts than the rest of the first project in its entirety! Now they are done, so it's no longer an issue for the future, but it was a steep curve. Obviously, if you only need formats closer to those provided, your experience will be easier.

Oguz Ö.
Software Engineer in Deutschland
Medizinische Geräte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Enhancing Requirements-Engineering with ReqView

Kommentare: Previously we were doing Requirements-Engineering with MS Office (and lots of scripts).
ReqView enabled us to quickly switch to a Database driven tool. ReqView is easy to use and is effectivly tailored for lean documentation.
The JSON-Files of ReqView are easy to process with python-scripts, so we can generate Latex documents. And generate our traceability analysis.
In addition to Requirements, we also included RiskAnalysis into ReqView, which also was Excel-based before.

Easy to use, having most of the features needed for managing requirements in our projects. Unlike many other tools, ReqView is not overloaded with lots of stuff you won't ever need.

Realtime Collaboration ist not yet implemented. Working two or more people on same documents sometimes is difficult. But it looks like ReqView V3 will include that feature soon.

Antwort von Eccam

Hi Oguz, Thanks for the awesome review. Moving the team collaboration experience to the next level is our main focus at the moment. Regards, Libor

Roberto D.
Senior Principal Engineer in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Highly recommend ReqView

Kommentare: We've deployed ReqView across several platforms, even integratng with our Configuration Management platform (SVN). The program is highly configurable and our export documents are great.

The software is easy to use and Eccam has provided outstanding support to customize reports and templates to meet our needs.

Importing existing requirements documents is a very manual process, but Eccam has held our hands in doing so.

Antwort von Eccam

Hello Roberto, Thank you for nice feedback. It is great working with you and your team. Regards, Libor

Bernd E.
Application Engineer in Deutschland
Industrieautomation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

It works fine, very flexible and easy to use. I miss the possibility for trace and impact anala

Kommentare: Linking between requirements of different documents (but without analysis)

Easy and flexible. Use of standards e.g. json. The csv export is useful. Exporting from a csv is a useful feature, but sometimes it won't work.

I would like tpo have a intelligence in some rows. Referencing others and esecute a small script (e.g. LUA ). I miss the possibility to run two instaces with different projects.

Antwort von Eccam

Hello Bernd, thank you for your review. Regarding missing possibility for trace / impact analysis, you can generate custom multilevel traceability HTML reports enabling coverage / impact analysis. Please file a support ticket if you are unsure how to use this feature or if you have additional special needs. We will be happy to help. Good news is also that we are going to release soon the first beta of Templated Columns feature which will enable adding custom logic directly in the UI. For instance you will be able to display additional traceability information from the linked objects (even across multiple traceability levels) or display value of a calculated expression (e.g. Risk Priority Number). BR, Libor

Emily B.
Product Manager in Kanada

Love this product

Kommentare: I am running a year-long product build with multiple integrations, UI work, backend work, all driven by a number of compliance requirements. I needed something that can handle cross-references (where most product management software is more checklist-based) and generate multiple types of documents on demand.
Reqview allows me to create a single source for data that would normally be spread over multiple Word & Excel documents, and cross-reference between them. This is a fantastic tool for managing complex projects.

I spend more time on the data, not the formatting. Reqview handles the numbering, formatting, and technical requirements of creating EDD's and external docs, so I can focus on content. I can track multiple data types (files, images, lists) elegantly. I can add custom attributes to my data to customize it.

The software can feel a little intimidating at first glance, but they supply tutorials & documentation.

Torsten B.
Systems Engineer in Deutschland
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Flexible requirements management tool with a responsive and helpful development team

Kommentare: ReqView is a very good comprehensive tool which is helping to manage dependencies of hundreds to thousands of elements without getting lost in several documents.

Its flexibility and configurability to very specific needs. It allows to structure and trace needs, requirements, tests and everything you want to manage in the tool in the way you wish. Very helpful is also the possibility to use the free version for viewing the database, which is managed by the license owners.

As every software which is not already used for decades, it has some bugs and inconveniences. But, the very responsive and fast development team was always able to find solutions for these, when I reported something like that.

Antwort von Eccam

Hi Torsten, Thanks for the nice review and good ideas you have suggested in our previous discussions. Regards, Libor

Guenther W.
E/E Engineer in Österreich
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

This lightweight RM tool is a great solution for small development departments

Very easy installation, steep learning curve, great support, clear user interface without gimmicks. Made for technicians!

Customizing document properties or creating custom report templates requires basic coding skills. This disadvantage is compensated by the great support. The roadmap reveals that hard work is being done to further improve the convenience.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you for nice review! Please check the new traceability wizard, it will help you to generate an end-to-end traceability report for impact analysis in just a few clicks. Another new wizard for easy customization of document properties is on the way.

Robert S.
SW Eng in Frankreich
Medizinische Geräte, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Simple and functional but not expansive enough

Kommentare: Easy requirements management vs excel

Very easy to get started with and use, like a spreadsheet specifically designed for requirements. I like the plain text storage, since i can get keep it in a git repo for changes.

some areas are a little too basic + theres some annoying features of the workflow i.e. when jumping between docs the page will often jump to the top when you wanted it to stay on a specific requirement.

Antwort von Eccam

Hello Robert, Thank you for your review. Can you please file a new support ticket providing more details about the issue with jumping between docs which you described? We will fix it asap. Thanks, Libor

Dawie A.
Systems Engineer in Südafrika
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Initial thoughts

Kommentare: It is a simple and affordable tool (so don't expect it to compete with expensive alternatives) that gets the job done. I am a new user so this is only an initial view. First time I needed support the response was quick and professional.

It's simple and can do the basics without being cluttered.

Some customization (like creating custom attributes, reports etc), is not done a very user friendly way. I got by by copying and editing from examples.

Antwort von Eccam

Hello Dawie, Thank you for sharing your thoughts as a new ReqView user. You can set up a requirements engineering project much easier now. Just reuse new requirements specification templates introduced in the just released ReqView version 2.6.0. These templates are based on ISO/IEC/IEEE 29148 standard and Volere process and they are configured with a common set of attributes recommended by the standard. When you create a new document based on a standard template, check the detailed instructions displayed in the right pane for further guidance. Of course, you can still tailor the templates according to your needs. Hope this helps, Libor

Robert G.
CEO in Deutschland

Finally the right tool for requirements management!

Kommentare: It's my favorite tool to collect, organize, describe and distribute requirements in process-management, company-organisation and software-apllications.

I like the simplicity. The feature of the user-specific fields allows the use for various project types. The links between the entries can be used to map complex networks. With seld created templates I can help my colleagues to ask the right questions in a logical order. With self cerated instructions I can help them to have more background and details.

The customization of WORD templates for professional outputs.

letztes Jahr

Robert, Thank you for awesome review! If you need any help with customization of Word reports we'll be happy to offer custom services and tailor the reports to match your needs. Regards, Libor

Krzysztof N.
Systems Engineer in Polen
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Nice requirements management tool

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Very good low cost tool. Sufficient for requirements and verification management for most of small and average companies. Ideal for the first step in transformation to Model-based systems engineering

Clear and intuitive GUI. Good export options.

The customization is limited due to the use of not that intuitive handlebars.

Kenneth V.
President in USA

Great software that is easy to use and most importantly, they are responsive to new feature requests

The software provides traceability within and between documents with customizable outputs. The web-based program makes working from different machines a breeze.

The fields sometimes exhibit quirky behavior. If I am editing a field and switch applications, the text is lost - it works fine, if I change fields before leaving the app; so the work-around is not a real problem.

Antwort von Eccam

Hello Kenneth, thank you for your review. We will try to fix the problem with loosing edited change when switching applications in an upcoming patch release. BR, Libor

Stuart E.
Systems Engineering in Kanada
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Service, Great Requirements Tool

Good balance of features against complexity.

Maximizing its use requires uses to learn some programming, both to customize the views and export results. Documentation is good and service is excellent - quick and thorough.

Hello Stuart, Thank you for nice review. Regards, Libor