Wanted inventory control based POS solution

Bewertet am 11.10.2017
Akeel A.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall happy with Hike, miss few simple things from MYOB as mentioned in Cons

Vorteile: Easy to work with , well coordinated views, easy menus, well priced , Quick & excellent customer support , user friendly

Nachteile: need to give few more options to user e.g
*fulfilment of partially received PO, (currently it shows item 'awaiting' but later upon receival cant change the status)
* there should be a way of getting some acknowledgement that PO reached the supplier ,
* PO can be sent to more than one email addresses, simultaneously
* reports and sales figures should have the option to see them with or without GST
* a general refund option should be available... for example a customer brings back a faulty product after few weeks but lost the receipt.
We can recognise that its our product unit, but then how to refund?
* in certain situations, we want to charge higher price of the product... but cant do it in HIKE as it prints the original price underneath (in strikes through)...
so if the sold price is higher than actual... Hike should only print the higher price on receipt.... else we face an angry customer... (MYOB allows this)

Best Customer support

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
Alan W.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It saved 4 hours every week due to integration with BigCommerce + QBO . I am confident that my store inventory are in order now enabling me to focus more on sales channels rather then admin tasks.

Vorteile: I tried 10 POS systemc including so called big players but no one can fulfill my simple request and after hours waiting to hear back I was referred to use Hike by BigCommerce team. Simple and easy to use - trust me as I am not computer literate
integration with 3rd party software (QBO, BigCommerce). Support team was excellent
Very Competitive plans (one of the best in the market)

Nachteile: - Reporting section can be improved cover more areas including individual sales.
- Ipad app can play up sometimes
- Payment integrations

Great POS software for Fashion Retail/wholesale

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Viv L.

Kommentare: Saves 30% of my time and helps me understand my business while I am busy traveling away from the head office.

Vorteile: Ease of use - multilingual to support my staff, very intuitive, excellent support at 5 am in the morning - real 24/7. Highly recommend this software !!

Nachteile: would not recommend using touchscreen POS as mainly design to work with PC/Mac via browser or on an iPad with Hike IOS app.

Awesome

Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Nikhil B.
Associate
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helped me boosting up my sales. I would like to give it 100 stars if i could!

Vorteile: Without it i was Zero, With it I'm a. Hero!
It is the best online POS platform I've ever visited. It boosted my sales to the sky!!

Nachteile: Nothing is there to like the least because every service is best.

Very easy and intuiative

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
partner
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: very easy to implement and work seamlessly with my ecommerce and accounting software

Nachteile: not have phone support is difficult although their live chat support is much of a breeze

Not only a waste of time but it did things to my data, inventory etc that is taken me back weeks to

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Eric D.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Wish I would have never gone through with this. Has set me back over 300 hours. Thank god we did it during slow season while we have a chance to recover

Vorteile: I liked all the promises that it supposedly was going to fix versus me using Shopify with additional apps

Nachteile: I do not even know where to begin.
- Created multiple items
- Added and subtracted randomly from both Hike and Shopify
- Discount Groups cannot be trusted. Even after spending 3 hours on chat with their lead tech.
- Created refunds in Hike and Shopify which I cannot undo so all those sales must be re-keyed
- reporting even the custom version gives you so little options you have to spend hours figuring out what it means
Wish I would not have tried this software EVER

Best customer service ever

Bewertet am 31.10.2017
Rami K.
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The pops is great, has all the features needed good for small and large business. I'd like to mention little about my experience with hike.
I texted customer service at 4:00 am and asked for information on their pos system. I was astonished that I got answer right away and they booked appointment for demo for the next day. He explained everything and answered all my questions and he was so patient. He seemed to be a pro of what he is doing and all in all, best customer service experience ever.

Nachteile: The only con is that there is no kitchen printing feature for a restaurant or coffee shop. I totally recommend Hike for every business who doesn't use this feature.

Hike fails to live up to its promised functionality.

Bewertet am 13.12.2017
Adam B.
Business Owner
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started with Hike 2. Twelve months after we subscribed they doubled the price. We didnt have time to source and test a new program so we had to go with Hike. There are jsut too many issues to list. When I first ran payment reports I foiund that the Cash takings were being recorded as Eftpos and the Eftpos was being recorded as Cash, You couls also refund an item from an invoice multiple times. These two alone should ring alarm bells for any small retail business. Bottom line is dont bother with Hike.

Vorteile: It looks nice and the name is cool. Thats all I can think of but this text box is a minimum of 100 characters.

Nachteile: If you are using an Ipad you can not trust the Stock, Pricing, Revenue Data, User Information, Search Function or Register Summaries. The invoices have incorrect dates and the Layby functionality across multiple registers is useless. Be prepared to be deleting the app and data syncing every 15 minutes. None of the Suport staff can communicate well so deciphering answers can be tedious.

Extremely frustrating

Bewertet am 26.11.2017
Jeanette C.
director
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I feel they need to test run the program with retail companies for a year and iron out all the problems. Its created from a developers perspective not a end users.
The intentions of the creators and support team are great but the product isnt.

Vorteile: Looks good, and is easy to use once set up. The support team are easy to get onto, but aren'
t the tec team who resolve the issues.

Nachteile: It doesn't work. I've had the system for a year and it never successfully connected to my acc software. Buggy, crashes and a constant stream of problems. I feel this product is still in development, not ready for commercial use. I have lost a year of accounting reports, customer history etc. Every problem I have ends in a call or email to support, then passed to tec support then problem maybe sorted with in a few weeks. Then another problem occurs. I have spent more time trying to resolve problems that using the program. Save yourself the frustration, stay away.

Hike review

Bewertet am 7.2.2018
Albert L.
vp marketing
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is very intuitive and easy to learn. It has a decent dashboard which is functional and responsive and aesthetically pleasing to look at. Live chat support is available 24/7. Sales are processed quickly, not a lot of buttons to press to sell something. Efficient use of clicking. I also like how you can upload pictures as avatars for menu items

Nachteile: It does not integrate with our merchant machine, something the sales rep claimed it did. Presently when we make a debit machine sale, we have to process the card and then enter the sale into hike again, a real pain in the ass Reporting tools are lacking or it is hard to find what I am looking for. I can’t seem to find a report for every sale I have made by line item. Although there is 24/7 chat support, the reps are very slow to respond to queries. They stretched what should have been a 3 minute convo into 30 minutes. I think they are handling several clients simultaneously

New user, very happy so far and impressed with features

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Fiona H.
Clinic Director
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Clean, intuitive interface.

Vorteile: Easy to see customer history. We are moving from an invoicing system to a POS and we need to track customers, and Hike does this very well. Also like the Store Credit and LayBy function, and that you can add a customer in after the event (with admin permissions).

Nachteile: Nothing yet, however I am a new user so don't have any long term experience to draw on. Hike does everything we need.

State Of The Art in POS

Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Russell C.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Having used most of the popular POS systems on the market Hikeup offers the finest backup support, very responsive and personalized. We have been in the retail business since 1970, seen all the incarnations of the POS system. My experience is that Hikeup offers the state of the art. A very well thought out POS system that puts you in control without effort.

Nachteile: I haven't found any issues.

A good Retail POS System for Small Business

Bewertet am 10.1.2019
Kayode O.
IT Officer
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I want to suggest base on my 'Cons' so as to accommodate more small business owners, there should be a difference in pricing that shows value for money

Vorteile: Accommodates unlimited users and also can be integrated to eCommerce Platform. interesting to see a friendly interface dashboard

Nachteile: The fact that some pricing plan can not transfer item from one outlet to other. There is also need to adjust the process to best suit businesses

Unfortunately I read the reviews - and believed them

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Kerry L.
Business owner
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ensure you investigate ALL pricing options compared to other systems and it's a far far better financial investment to outlay a little bit more and get a quality product that will not continually freeze, is too simplistic and does not have important data like 'customer count' that any business requires.

Vorteile: I like the colour scheme. I initially liked the idea that it was a Melbourne based company. I would prefer to support local than invest in a multi-national product.

Nachteile: Continuously freezes, does not have the functionality requirements I require. I haven't experienced any other point of sale system before investing in Hike Up. I have however learned that many of the other Point of Sale Systems that are a little more expensive actually provide the necessary reporting frameworks required for my business. I had spoken to Hike Up on many occasions to ensure it was the 'right fit' for our business. Alas, it is not.

A good, easy to use POS system

Bewertet am 15.12.2015
Einzelhandel
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Really like it. Looked at several systems and this was the best mix of features and simplicity. Also, their free assisted data import was a big plus for us.

Vorteile: -Easy to use (employees pick up the POS functions almost w/o training)
-Works great for service providers with good inventory, service items & appointments
Great support - I asked a lot of questions before getting started and the support team was patient and knowledgeable
-Automated close out process - easy process to close out register
-Do not charge by users, only charged by register - nice!
-Love the cloud! - awesome to work at home and not be chained to the store
-No internal loyalty program

Nachteile: -Purchasing features a little confusing until you get the hang if it
-Needs a "copy product' feature

Not Reliable

Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It feels I wasted a lot of time trying to rely in the software.

Vorteile: The interface is good, the idea is great, it has everything a startup needs to make a sale, see its inventory and follow up on sales.

Nachteile: The reporting/ dashboards are not reliable, not able to make edits to a sale without refunding it. Shopify integration caused lots of issues. Inefficient customer support with lack in solutions.

Very good already and constantly improving

Bewertet am 18.11.2015
Henna L.

Kommentare: We have been using standard POS for a while now and this is the first time we moved our business to a cloud based system. There are many similar systems out there but a plus thing about choosing Hike was their customer support. Their team have been extremely helpful with this transition. They helped us setup and import all our existing products and customers data. So big thanks to Hike support team. Another big factor was that they offer both inventory and appointment booking and because we sell both products and services, it just works beautifully for us. Plus they have all the features we need and price tag is reasonable for our small business.

Unstable iPad app

Bewertet am 21.7.2018
Raghu G.
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If only the app works as it's intended then this can be stellar product. But it's currently very unstable and unreliable making this useless.

Vorteile: Software as designed is minimalist ic and easy to use. Simple and intuitive design. 24 support that is responsive.

Nachteile: Unreliable iPad POS app. Very frustrating experience. The iPad app is very unstable and unreliable. The app keeps hanging, we keep losing conncetion to printer and scanner. The currency keeps changing from the store currency. The sales history under POS section keeps showing incorrect values. The settings keeps dissapearing. Only response from support is that we are asked to delete and reinstall app to fix things and we are having to do that at least twice a day.

Very good for small retailers

Bewertet am 25.3.2016
Harnie W.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Hike is a very good system and provides all the feature a small retailer business can ask for. They are continuously improving, updates and more features are released almost every month. So it is perfectly suitable for small retailers like us.

Vorteile: - Good POS with tons of features
- eCommerce
- Inventory

Nachteile: - Integration with our local bank still not available

Best customer service

Bewertet am 20.3.2016
Chris Y.
Store Manager

Kommentare: I've been using Hike point of sale for over 4 months now. Before moving to Hike we've also used other 2 cloud-based point of sale software systems. Mostly, all of them being on cloud, are easy to use and they offer very similar functionality matrix. However, the one thing that got us to move and stick to Hike was their customer service. Pros: Their customer service team is top notch and available 24/7.
Cons: Very happy with their software so no cons to report at this stage.

Hike POS

Bewertet am 14.9.2018
Joshua R.
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software is extremely customizable and efficient. Has superb analytic and reporting tools included

Nachteile: Missing some key features that are not included with the base package. Installing add ons can be pricey

Bewertet am 17.2.2019