Petal Scheduling (PetalMD) Bewertungen

von PetalMD

Über Petal Scheduling (PetalMD)

Petal Scheduling befasst sich mit der Komplexität der Einplanung von Ärzten mit einem automatisierten und flexiblen Skript, das dem Planer Zeit spart.

Erfahre mehr über Petal Scheduling (PetalMD)

Emergency Physician
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Physician lifestyles have been totally transformed"

Vorteile: PetalMD is an intuitive scheduling platform that allows physicians to have a life outside of work. Docs can finally be there for their family, friends and themselves. Physicians who work at two sites or also have run a clinic outside the hospital no longer have to suffer hours by their computer and phone sorting through multiple trades when they are double-booked. Trades through a "marketplace" or directly between physicians are error-checked by the computer for schedule conflicts and updated to the master schedule in real-time. We no longer fax an updated copy of the schedule every few days to the hospital, not certain if the most recent version is the one posted; hospital clerical staff can have limited-access accounts to view the master schedule online. The technical support is always quick, helpful, and professional - the answer to my problem is always found. If your group is anything like my group, then they will have zero regrets going to this platform. I make the schedule for my department and I have found the scheduling system adaptive to our group's many unique needs.

Nachteile: There is a learning curve to using the scheduling system and I would recommend training at least one other person other than the scheduler to avoid downtime if the scheduler is away unexpectedly. The training process was very helpful but becoming an expert in all the functionality of the schedule creation took me about 6-8 months to master (at least a couple of schedules). The scheduling system has to be meticulously programmed in its parameters or else it can do something really silly with people's schedules. Support has been great to adjust little rules to iron out these "bugs" in the rules I created with the PetalMD consultant. They always figure out a way to avoid similar problems in the future for me. We are now in our sixth iteration of the schedule and every round the schedule making gets easier. The mobile app does not have nearly as much functionality as the desktop website version. Some missing features can be very important like no error-checking for shift trades.

von PetalMD an 11.6.2018

Wow! Thank you for this amazing and complete review! We're really glad to see that you fully appreciate the time saved by our software; this is one of our goals!

Jonathan tristan W.
Dr.

"overall pretty good"

Kommentare: Better way to book off time.

Vorteile: there are a number of different calendar views that make it easy to navigate. I can clearly see what I have booked off. I am able to see who is working with me during the day and who is available for trades. trades are straight forward.

Nachteile: I book off months in advance and there are only a few options for time off, there should be more
Sometimes, my days off are dropped.
Printing can be hassle - I like a particular view which is sometimes hard to find in the list of options.
The more users the more confusing the trade situation. I usually have this ironed out before hand and then go into Petal to make the switch. Otherwise it moght be a bit more difficult.

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your kind words about the calendar views and trade features! Please know that we are currently working on upgrading these features to make them easier to use.

As far as your comment on the time off functionality, the planner of a group can create the categories that s/he wants to allow the group to use. So you should check with your group planner. This is not a PetalMD limitation.

Jim D.
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Clunky would be an exaggeration when trying to be positive"

Vorteile: that both hospitals I work at share this software. Of course, that stops march 31 when one hospital leaves Petal

Nachteile: it is dysfunctional! If I post a shift for trade I cannot then choose that shift in exchange for a trade with someone else - it prevents me from doing exactly what I have requested. I have to remove my trade request in order to make a trade! Shifts up for trade are not visible on a calendar. I have to keep switching from the list of trades up on marketplace to my calendar then to the group calendar to see if some can accommodate the switch. Otherwise i have to click on each individual to see if they are free - incredibly painful! I usually end up getting our Petal manager/scheduler to make the changes because it is otherwise so hard

Hello Jim,

It's unfortunate that the hospitals you work in will no longer be using PetalMD. We're truly sorry for the situation. Please know that we took note of your comments regarding the shift trade feature and that we are currently looking into ways to upgrade it. At the moment you still can initiate only 1 transaction by shift, but you can send it to multiple members in the same requests. We are still concentrating on improving this feature.

To show the marketplace offer in your personal calendar, you can select this option via the display button in your personal calendar. This option will remain the default, so no need to shuffle between your calendar and trade section. Thanks for your comments.

Fiona M.
  • Bewertet am 17.3.2018

"I like using PetalMD but feel it could be more user friendly and help me schedule tasks easier"

Vorteile: I like the calendar format and ability to easily switch between specialty call schedules. I also like that I am able to use it on my phone as well as laptop.

Nachteile: Inability with current package to let the software make the scheduling decisions. I understand that this due to the package that my department has purchased but it is an issue with my use of the software.
The second issue I have is the ease of use for scheduling is not that user friendly. I have to try things a couple of times to figure out the right way to do things. That said customer service is excellent and has always helped me figure out any issues I may have.

Hello Fiona,

Thank you for your positive review of our customer service!

As for your current package, if you feel the Advanced plan (automated scheduling) could be useful for you and your group, do not hesitate to write to us at info@petalmd.com or to book a custom demo :

• Bewertet am 17.3.2018
Caitlin C.
Admin
  • Bewertet am 16.3.2018

"Great system that is easy to use"

Vorteile: PetalMd is easy to use. It displays the hospital call schedule in a clear way that is easy to navigate.

Nachteile: The editing field in the "assigned physician" part of the scheduling section isn't formatted well. To add a comment or edit the time, you need to go to the dr list beside the schedule, go to the bottom and then scroll across to get to the wheel that allows you to open the edit page. It would be nice if it all displayed without having to scroll across.
It would also be nice if the administrator could add the contact information for the physicians in their department so that the physician didn't have to log on and do it themselves. There is a lot of missing contact info as a result.

Hello Caitlin,

Thank you for your review! It's important to us that your hospital on-call schedule is clear and easy to navigate. We have a brand new module to manage contact information within your hospital by administrative member, ask our sales team for more information. Our goal is to save you time, after all.

Regarding your suggestion, we'll look into it. We have found in the past that screen size can be an issue. Have you looked into adjusting your screen resolution? Nonetheless, it's this kind of advice that helps us to improve our solutions, so again, thank you.

Ian W.
Pediatrician and Chief Scheduler
  • Bewertet am 16.3.2018

"great to help our Peds group call schedule"

Vorteile: Simplistic symbols he one learn how to use this software. It is helpful to also learn the mobile app is it is also useful on a daily basis. The software is easy for MD's to learn and manipulate to their own needs. It also helps with sorting out call equity issues.

Nachteile: Need to spend to time become adept but this is overall a quick process. My biggest issue is I would like the mobile app to allow me as a scheduler to make changes. Currently this can only be done it seems from a desktop which can be limiting.

Hello Ian,

We're glad to hear that our application helps you on a daily basis, that's what we're aiming for! For the moment, some features for scheduling are only available on the desktop version because scheduling comes with a lot of options; but we understand your concern and we will see what we can do regarding changes.

Charles antoine B.
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Very easy access, and user friendly "

Vorteile: ease of use is very practical especially when you're in a rush. As a physician, I barely have time to eat, and the last thing I want is to spend hours looking up my schedule. Petal MD makes this very easy with its new platform and the application

Nachteile: would like the app to allow automatic login features like fave recognition, or thumb print
I would also like the app to be able to syng in our other calendars.
communication between physicians should be more like a messenger type chat, rather than email type.

Hello Charles,

It's nice to read a review like yours, because with every solution and feature we develop, we want to save physician's time. Please note that with the Standard and Advanced plan, your calendar should be able to synch with Google Agenda, Outlook and iCal.

More info here: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115003905346-How-to-synchronize-my-calendar

Our secure messaging system is also presently being analysed by our product team, so you will see improvements coming out in the next few months.

Thanks for your feedback!

Gosselin A.
Pediatrician
  • Bewertet am 19.3.2018

"motivated staff- generally easy to use software. "

Kommentare: Efficient- time saving, the ability for trainees to enter their own absences.

Vorteile: Fairly straightforward system; user friendly. Scheduling is straightforward and significantly time saving

Nachteile: Entering of absence requests for large groups ( example trainees) was more user friendly and clearer visually then current iteration.

Hello Anne-Marie,

We're really glad to read that you find our software saves you a significant amount of time; this is our goal! Regarding the entry of absence requests for large groups, please note that this feature is indeed possible and that it was recently updated, though we are still working on improvements in this area. Do not hesitate to call us to get more information!

Ajay K.
CMIO
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Great for managing the schedule but not for making the schedule"

Kommentare: Better schedule management that is automated.

Vorteile: The UI and functions for schedule maintenance are easy to use and looks clean. The ability manage the schedule and customize without the need for help desk has improved.

Nachteile: Needs more features specifically related to communication directly from the schedule to non-petalMD users. Also the ability to create the schedule does not work well with complex schedules.

Hello Ajay,

Thank you for your kind words about our interface! About the ability to create complex schedules, our software usually has a solution for each reality. Do not hesitate to call us and we can talk more about your particular situation!

Very elegant, extremely functional
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Great but expensive "

Kommentare: I mostly enjoyed the ability to share the calendars through this product on my different other calendar organizers, this was done in style for sure.

Vorteile: Design is elegant and intuitive with colour coding and the like, very easy to use, synchronized with different calendars easily with no hassle which is a huge plus, messaging service was very well integrated.

Nachteile: Main thing was cost, our hospital had to move to a much inferior product because if the significant increase in the cost of service.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Carlye J.
Chief of Uxbridge Cottage Hospital
  • Bewertet am 19.3.2018

"quick response from customer service. easy to use interface"

Vorteile: having as app and having it integrate to my gmail calendar is great. allows my staff to put in their absences instead of randomly emailing me dates.

Nachteile: It is not easy for my staff to see when a shift is "open" (they have to see who has posted it to know it is an open shift as the name is assigned to our administrator). It would be good if folks could see all open shifts in a different color so it easily distinguishes and highlights open shifts. I also would like if I could post ALL the open shifts at once or all shifts of one provider at once to open (eg. if they go on mat leave/sick / leave etc). to manually post all to market place is tedious.

Hello Carlye,

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to see that our software helps you as a scheduler and that you appreciate our calendar synchronization feature! We will work on the open shift issue in the following weeks. Stay tuned, because you should see a function for that during the summer. Thanks for your comments!

Sofia R.
Physician
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"I have been using petal at two different hospitals and it's been very effective "

Vorteile: Combination of hospitals
Ease for switching and trading shifts
Being able to find all physicians contact infomatiob in one area

Nachteile: Not being able to combine with own schedule - would be nice to import own schedule into petal
Constant alerts

Hello Sofia,

Thank you for your great feedback! Yes, the PetalMD solution can synchronize with your personal schedule, but this only works in one way for now. Regarding the constant alerts, you can manage these in your profile settings and decide which notifications you wish to receive. Here's more info: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115003905226-How-to-change-my-notification-preferences

Aran B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Overall good, mobile experience is not great"

Kommentare: online scheduling is great, makes trades very easy

Vorteile: works well for scheduling, trades are easy. Design is intuitive, and easy to navigate. Easy to see own schedule.

Nachteile: Unsure if able to push shifts to mobile device (e.g. google calendar). On screen guides are a pain and difficult to get rid of (e.g. guides show up all the time, not just once). Trades could be more intuitive, eg. selecting another physicians shift and trading for it, vs having to select my own)

Hello Aran,

Nice to see that you like our overal design and particularly the shift trade features! Regarding the on-screen guide, we identified the one you're talking about and there was indeed a repetition issue. We have since corrected it. As for the trades, we're taking note of your suggestion, thank you!

Jean-philippe P.

"Very good app"

Vorteile: Updates fix things
Good support
Integrates well everyone, multitasking, personnal events too
Calendar is great on the app

Nachteile: Interface not as intuitive
Mobile app buggy for messages and shift switches
Pricey. Pricing structure could be more personalized

Hello Jean-Philippe,

Thank you for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact our support team for any unexpected behavior from our app. We are there to assist you. You might also want to contact our sales team to look at which features might better respond to your group's needs.

Keith M.
Chief Department of Emergency Medicine
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Intuitive and easy for end user to use"

Kommentare: Easy transition fom Docroster. Fairly good monthly price per MD.

Vorteile: works on lap top and all portable devices. Easy to read shift in lap top view. Same view is available on portable devices. However, actual portable vioew is not easy to use.

Nachteile: No template copy and paste function. As the scheduler I have to enter shifts manually every month. If a physician has posted a shift, I cannot override and change the physicians name assigned to the shift.

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your feedback! About the manual shift entry, we do have a template function to avoid manual copy-paste with our advanced scheduling features. Do not hesitate to call us to know how to use it : 1 888-949-8601.

Athanasios T.
Emergency Doctor

"very smooth"

Vorteile: Very smooth software and app. Great design. I like that it synchronizes between app and desktop and the messaging capability.
The new logo is better.

Nachteile: I would like fewer clicks when I am switching a shift. It takes too long especially on the app. Other than that, nothing major

Hello Athanasios,

Thank you for your positive review about our software applications and even our new logo! Please, be assured that we noted your comment on the trade shift feature and that we are looking into it.

Catherine D.
Dr
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Very professionnal programmers "

Vorteile: Leaving the job to the members to organize their own schedule without external modifier. Having a scedule always right with the exchanges done directly online between members.

Nachteile: I do not like to receive adds and publicity on my job network and there is some but not too much on Petal

Hello Catherine,

We're glad to see that our software is saving you time as a scheduler, thank you for your feedback! Remember you can also manage your notification from your profile page.

Mark S.
  • Bewertet am 16.3.2018

"Better scheduling, with clear organized calendars."

Vorteile: Ability to share confidential correspondence and documents, physician to physician and within formal groups.

Nachteile: The app is less user friendly and visually worse than the web version. By far. I need a calendar I can glance at, not one requiring each day to be clicked on for more information

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your feedback! Good to hear you're pleased with our secured document exchange functions. Please note that we are currently working on an upgraded version of the Android app, so it will soon be more user friendly. Therefore, if you have any enhancement requests, please do not hesitate to share them through your help center.

Joanna B.
Emergency Physician

"Excellent, professional service"

Vorteile: I like the ease of use and the way the schedule is set up to be very simple and appealing. It is an excellent product.

Nachteile: Sometimes the software is difficult to use on an iPhone and I have had a couple problems switching shifts.

Hello Joanna,

Thank you for your positive review, we really appreciate it! Please know that we are currently looking into different possibilities for the next upgrade for the shift swap feature.

Fady Y.
ER physician
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Good customer support. Sometimes difficult to use on my cell phone."

Vorteile: Customer service, the fast response and proactive action when an issue arises. The template is user friendly.

Nachteile: Sometimes Difficult to use app. Limits applications. It seems like not all functions are available on the app.

Hello Fady,

We're really happy to see that you like our proactive customer service team, thank you! About the mobile application, please note that we are currently working on some upgrades.

Ran Y.
Emergency physician

"Overall satisfied "

Vorteile: Ease of use, can be synced with iCal and can see schedule from multiple locations/sites on the same calendar

Nachteile: Don't like the fact that I can't post shift for trade on marketplace and offer individual trade at the same time

Hello Ran,

Good to see that you are taking advantage of the calendar synchronization feature. It is indeed appreciated by those who use it. About the possibility of offering a shift on the marketplace and to trade it at the same time; we have heard your concern and are looking for a way to improve this. Thank you for your feedback!

Edward C.
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Found platform from 1 year ago quite new ce. Newer platform harder to navigate."

Vorteile: Monthly schedule nicely laid out. Able to customize schedule requests. Scheduling options were flexible.

Nachteile: Sometimes difficult to find things with new platform. Customer support felt a bit dismissive once. Difficult to call for customer support

Hello Edward,

Thank you for your positive review particularly about the schedule layouts and options. If you can't talk to customer support immediately, do not hesitate to send a request here: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/requests/new?flash_digest=ee448141956375e49978e6f070fd0ed1f79c48a0

Phil K.
Medical Director, Hospitalist
  • Bewertet am 16.3.2018

"Helpful to view schedule. Difficult to navigate the phone app for switches and trades."

Vorteile: Easy to access via the phone app. Schedule is visualized well on computer. No issues managing master schedule on computer interface.

Nachteile: Hard to make trades and changes as well as visualize the schedule in the phone app. Cannot manage master schedule well on the phone app. This is problematic when not at a desktop computer.

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our computer interface! As for using shift trades on the mobile app, please be aware that we've heard you and that we're on it.

Andreane F.
Emergency physician
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Does the job well."

Kommentare: I get my schedule every trimester and mail with my colleagues

Vorteile: Internet accessible, overall good, syncs with other calendars, mail is good to use, easy to see my colleagues schedule

Nachteile: in the app, some tasks are not intuitive (change a shift, insert vacation). Also, the automatic scheduler tends to do weird things like make sure you work an evening before a day off and doesn't regroup shifts easily (lots of lonely shifts)

Hello Andreane,

Good to hear that you appreciate our group schedule and synchronization features! About the "weird things" you mentioned, there are ways to correct this, but it depends on your physician group's rules and reality. We encourage you to call our support team if you want to discuss your particular situation!

Aubrey K.
Family medicine obstetrics lead
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

"Poor."

Kommentare: Completed survey

Vorteile: The program petal md Downloads seamlessly to Google calendar. It downloads changes usually within a few hours of the change being executed.

Nachteile: Our obstetrics group is small (5-6 people). Every year, to maintain a free product, we were squeezed out of functionality. Trading became onerous. Splitting shifts became difficult. The new marketplace (used for the large er group to whoch i also belong) does not allow multiple trade requests for the same shift, thus one must wait for the first offer to be declined before offering the shift to someone else, which is very inefficient, especially when most do no respond to open marketplace offers.

Hello Aubrey,

Glad to hear that you appreciated our synchronization feature with Google calendar! To use the full version of PetalMD, a monthly fee is in fact necessary, we're sorry if this has become a disincentive to use our services for your group.

Regarding the multiple trade requests, we're taking note of your comment and we'll see what we can do. Although you can now offer a trade or transfer offers to multiple members in the same offer. Thanks for your detailed feedback!