Über Invoice Ninja

Kostenlose, Open-Source-Lösung für die Online-Rechnungsstellung deiner Kunden. Tracke die Arbeitszeit, erstelle Aufgaben und automatisiere den Rechnungsstellungsprozess.

Erfahre mehr über Invoice Ninja

Easy to use, self-explanatory user interface and data model, API for integration with existing business applications.

There is one or two missing features that are key for me (combined currency income for example), but those are coming with the soon to be released next major version.

Bewertungen zu Invoice Ninja

Invoice Ninja hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 162 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Invoice Ninja bereits verwendet?

Trevor
Trevor
Owner / Coder in Australien
Internet, Selbstständig

The Best All Around Solution

Kommentare: Invoice Ninja is the invoicing solution I've always needed! Finally! But it's not just invoicing, it easily enables me to track my time, my income and my expenses as well (plus you can do even more with it if you want!). And it does this all at a very fair and affordable price for this sector. Many of the competitors are simply over priced, especially for sole traders that don't do a ton of business. It's also amazing that it is both powerful and easy to use. If you don't need to do much with it, then you can very quickly just get invoicing. For those who like to tinker and tweak or need more functionality, then it can do that too. It's rare to find both ease of use and powerful customization together.

Very easy to use and setup, yet at the same time the flexibility and functionality exceeds all other options I've tried in this sector.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

GREAT REVIEW!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and taking time to share! We're glad to have you as part of the Invoice Ninja community!

Alberto
Founder in Kolumbien
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

An Amazing Invoicing Software that Will Leave You and Your Clients in Awe

Kommentare: Invoice Ninja is an invoicing software that can make your business look that much more professional. For the small price tag, you get a very powerful, fully customizable system that will make your invoicing headaches disappear. We have linked Stripe and Authorize.Net to it with a simple copy and paste of the payment gateway key and within minutes we were charging customers. I highly recommend Invoice Ninja!

InvoiceNinja is extremely easy to use for both your team and clients. It allows for you to create customizable and nicely designed invoices and quotes. You can customize the messaging sent in email communications. It also gives your clients their own portals to manage their accounts.

Reoccuring invoices can be difficult to use and understand how they work. Also, when sending quotes they valid dates seem to end the day before in the evening and clients cannot accept the pricing sent so a new quote must be sent. There is also a lack of direct customer support and instead provide a knowledge base.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you very much for your support & high recommendation! If you every need any support or have questions, we're at your service! Thanks again!

Kimberly
Conference and Event Services in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Worst Customer Service

Kommentare: Invoice program is easy to use, but it's a bare bones program. We were fine with what they offered, and I made it work. However, the customer service is ultimate failure. Every year there is an error - and if they do not agree with what you are saying they "downgrade" your account to a free account so you have no access to your records. Be careful with using your card, as they run payment without authorization.

Ease of use of this product. HOnestly can't say more as I'm just filling the "40" min count right now.

Missing so many features, mobile payments and online payments not offered

letztes Jahr

This account user mailed us a paper check via postal mail 1 month after the Pro account expired for non-payment. We were unable to keep them upgraded to a Pro plan until the paper check was received by postal mail. This user was quite upset. We asked them to simply pay online, they were unable.

Jonathan
Chief Narrative Officer in USA

Free Invoice Solution - No More Excuses

Kommentare: Incredibly helpful and uncorked a big bottleneck for getting my business started. Also powerful enough to continue to use even beyond the startup phase.

The amount of work it took off my plate. I didn't have to pay someone to send invoices or struggle with PDF templates, Google doc formatting, or other bloated invoice software.

The Invoice Ninja messaging is a little low budget, but I also know INC 5000 companies that use the free version. It's really a matter of preference.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Fabulous review! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback! Welcome to the Invoice Ninja community!

Dennis
CEO in Philippinen
Telekommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gets the job done!

InvoiceNinja works out-of-the-box. It's easy and reliable and specifically designed for freelancers and SMEs.

Would love to see integration for platforms such as Payoneer and QuickBooks for payment requests and accounting. However, I understand that the lack thereof is probably more of an issue with respective providers. The proposal editor could use a rework as well to make it more intuitive.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Great review! Thank you for your kind words and being apart of the Invoice Ninja community! If you have any questions we're at your service!

barbera
CEO in Niederlande
Alternative Medizin, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ok software, horrible service

Kommentare: Okay as long as it works but as soon as you need help they fail royally. Would not recommend this experience to anyone.

I like that I am able to create multiple businesses each woth their own invoice template logo conditions etc.

That it is not connected to easy online paying (aside from the expensive PayPal) The horrible customer service. They forced me to migrate to the new system, refused to answer the questions I had about the migration, made fun of me and were incredible rude via email and after migrating when my account was not recognized by the new system they refused to help me. I am a paying customer and am now not able to send out invoices for any of my businesses and their customer service refuses to help.

vor 4 Monaten

Good day Barbera, we're sorry that you are having issues! We do integrate with 20 payment gateways/providers, far more options than only PayPal! Please feel free to reach out to us and we'll do out best to help!

Paul
Managing Partner in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use billing

Kommentare: Invoice Ninja makes it easy to keep track of delinquent Tenants

Auto billing Tenants and emailing statements

I really don't have any complaints; I find it easy to use

vor 7 Monaten

Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review of Invoice Ninja! We appreciate your feedback!

Kenric
Kenric
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Awesome software for a small business

Kommentare: This is a helpful way for me to manage my company's invoices especially on the go. It is perfect for my self ran business.

Easy to setup and use out of the box. Lots of information if you need help. Can create multiple companies and multiple users.

The invoice preview wasn't working for me by default. I had to download every invoice to just see what I was sending. I googled a small and simple fix. I just had to disable a setting and previews worked as expected.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your kind words and having you on board, thank you! If you have any questions, we're at your service!

Sean
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Invoice Ninja lives up to its name.

Kommentare: It's been really smooth and makes my work flow easy.

I liked how easy it was to onboard and get going.

Dark mode isn't available in the react gui interface version. It is available in the Flutter gui version.

vor 10 Monaten

Love it! Thank you for your kind words & 5 star review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide such amazing feedback! Welcome to the Invoice Ninja community!

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Invoice ninja is a simple and easy to use basic accounting tool

Kommentare: It's easy to start and use even if it has limited functionalities. It also have a self hosted version

It has all the tools to start a small business

It is easy to outgrow the functionalities of the product

Tobias
Owner / Founder in Australien
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Version 4 was a fantastic product. Version 5 migration was a desaster and the product is worse now.

Kommentare: Fantastic, until Version 5 has been forced onto customers.

Version 4 had everything I needed as "one-man show" for my small IT business.

I thought, awesome there is this new Version 5. Let's start early and get onto the new features it has. This decision not only cost me a lot of valuable time to fix lots of bugs of the "automated" Migration process itself, but also it finally cost me almost $700 of my income because of an unwanted (automated) email that went out to a customer unplanned and unwarned. The new design of Version 5 seemed more like a homage to a Google Developer's Database Tool than an actual helpful product for the daily business administration. It was a **** in the neck to say the least. And today, I open up my Version 4 (Yes, I moved back, what a surprise) and the system tells me, I am suddenly on a Free account and I have only until End of November 2022 to move on to Version 5. Well, thank you Invoice Ninja!! Looks like I'm gonna have to cancel my Enterprise License altogether then very soon. You gonna lose a former happy customer, but I guess - in the name of progress and for your own Developer's Happiness about their favourite new toy: Version 5, that's the way it's gonna go... "Sad to see you leave customer, who cares."

Terry
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

I have been using Invoice Ninja for years now

Kommentare: The customers pay me on time!

This is free and open source invoice system. I have been using this for over two years and loved it! It is easy for my clients and me. It also helps my clients to understand what they owe and what the cost the products. I have used various payment gateways for this and have not had a single complaint from any of my clients. This software is highly recommended to anyone, and I have been telling my clients about Invoice Ninja for a long time. They do host your invoice, or you can do self-hosting. It works great along with WordPress or other CMS to add the buy now button or recurring invoices. I had used hosted by Invoice Ninja when I didn't have to host account or a place to host it, and now I am hosting it on my dedicated server. Whenever I have an issue with anything, they will respond to the email very quickly and help you fix the problems.

There is not one single thing I do not like about this software. If I didn't like this software, I would have gone with another invoice system.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Great review! This sentence says it all: " customers pay me on time" that is our goal! Thank you so for our kind review, we're super happy that it helps you GET PAID!

Raymond
Owner in Südafrika

Hands down the best value for money product we got for our business.

This software has streamlined our interaction with our clients like no other product. I can't remember the last time a client phoned and asked us to send a statement. Clients ask us what software we are using. Everybody who uses it is pleased with it. Now that we have been using it for a while, there is real value in seeing all the transactions in one place. New features are constantly being added. Response from support requests are always promptly handled. I love Invoice Ninja.

I honestly can't think of anything that I am not happy with. There are no negatives. When multiple contacts are loaded for a company, the one that was loaded first, is always the one shown on the invoice, even after a different contact was selected. A minor issue.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your stellar review!

Marios
CEO in Zypern
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Made for small and medium business that would like to easily create and manage the invoices

Kommentare: It's a great software, a real value for money, with many capabilities and very customizable.

- Recurring billing was very easy to implement for all our subscriptions- Invoicing and billing is done with a click of a button to send invoice via email- Client's portal is very helpful to remind clients of their pending invoices without the need to resend everything again- Expenses tracking is very useful and easy to maintain and manage

There are some minor issues on the development side, during the installation and updating of the Self-hosted version of the software. Even in this case, they company also provides hosted/cloud based subscriptions that eliminate this issue.

letztes Jahr

Great feedback! We love our self-hosting community, thank you for being an active member!

Vince
Managing Director in Südkorea

I have been an avid user for last ~6 months; excellent in all ways.

The product strikes me as having been built exactly to my needs. The functionality is complete, logically designed, and in keeping with the theme entrepreneurs crave "I want to get things done quickly and looking professional...". Customer service is incredible. Even after reviewing their well supplied help pages, sometimes I want to talk to a person. I have received responses in 5 minutes to 2 hours which is among the best of the best of any service I have ever used over 2 decades. And they keep adding features, some of which I didn't even think about but have come to incorporate into my operations. I am envious of how high quality a product and service they deliver as i strive for similar in my business. Lastly, IN holds great value/cost relationship for small & young startups like me. I can not say enough good things.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Probably the nicest review we've ever received, thank you for your kind words!!

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Invoice and the team running it are amazing!

Kommentare: Fast and intuitive, allow me to manage my invoices, quote, recurring from one interface.

Nice UI/UX, really impressive on how easy it is to manage your business with that. I also love the buy buttons, that allow to turn any web page in a professional shop.

I'm also using the open source version of it, and the optimization is still a bit misterious, I have a bit of troubles to make it as fast as the online version. But I'll figure it out :)

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your very kind review! Feel free to email us and we'll help you optimize your install. We'll also try to add clearer instructions in the docs.

Vincent
Owner in Niederlande

searched for time registration, found an exceptionally well working program

When I started to use Invoice Ninja, I didn't know all the options and possibilities nevertheless the opensource version was quick to install. During my updates and using the program I started to love the program and started exploring all features. All my yearly and monthly invoices are sent automatically and time registration is done with a breeze.

The only Con is that in the community version is not a update the software button. The update process in itself is simple (overwriting all files with the updates files) it could be easier.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your excellent review! Agreed, we hope to improve the selfhost update process in the future.

Jonathan
Owner /Operator in USA
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Open Source software empowers the small to operate at scale!

Kommentare: It’s been tough a couple times early on when it has messed up and all my customers notice but overall lately it’s been very good !

It is something I can afford and it does all I need to operate the business.

Sometimes it glitches between or in updates and I need higher support.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your great review and constructive feedback!

Priyansh
Priyansh
Owner in Indien
Animation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Made our tax compliance easy as pie!

Kommentare: InvoiceNinja is a minimally priced invoicing solution that perfectly fits our need to keep up with the taxation laws of India.

We recently started using InvoiceNinja for our tax accounting and invoicing. - Our major headache of generating invoices manually was solved by InvoiceNinja as the whole process is fairly automatic once set up. - The free version was extremely useful as all the critical functions were readily available and we performed adequate testing before implementing it. - Tax rate settings were easy to set up, as it is complicated to set up all the Indian CGST, SGST and IGST tax slabs. - PDF creation is another feature that was the deciding factor. - We also had the option for charging gateway fees that we set up to offset transaction fees charged by RazorPay. - The best thing is that its interface was easy to learn and we also set up automations linked with it.

- Navigation is bulky and confusing, could have been made better. - There are glitches present and you need customar support to fix them. - Recurring invoices are hard to set up. That's pretty much it.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your kind words and your important feedback about UI! We are always working to improve and have a MAJOR UI/UX update coming soon!

Juan
Mobile Developper in Spanien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

The overal experience its been very successful over the last 2 years I been using the product.

Kommentare: A central database with clients and providers, invoices, estimates, payments .
they have a mobile app and also a time tracking software.

Excellent product, the support its awesome. My experience in general its very grateful, tried several invoices system but this has just what I need. Thanks Invoice Ninja for this excellent product. A Happy client!... Happy Days!

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your generous review!

Bildungsmanagement

This software is amazing and is able to handle simple and complex invoicing and project needs

Kommentare: The open source software allows me to customize the application that suits me and fits around my business.

Ease of use. Feature-rich functionalities. Able to handle a wide array of client details. Great community. Excellent customer service.

As I have been using this software over the past year I have yet to come across something that was problematic.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Fabulous review! Thank you very much for your kind words! In the future, if you think of any features of functionality that you would like to see built, let us know! Thanks again!

Hans
CEO :P in Belgien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Nothing but good words, if i encounter an issue i get allmost immediat response!

Kommentare: Hassle free invoice creation

-Easy to use - All the features and then some - GREAT support - Continuous updates - Fast - Mobile App - Cheap to run

- Updating can be a hassle sometimes but support makes it up big time - I can't really thing if something more... ( 10char min :P )

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thanks for the amazing review! If you haven't already you may want to try using this shell script to auto-update the self-host version of the app: https://pastebin.com/j657uv9A

Joshua
TheGuy in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Get it. Pay the $80/yr or whatever it is for the fancy version. Be thrilled with the value.

Kommentare: It does automated billing tasks that are beyond the ability of many other (much higher cost) software we've looked at.

It accomplishes a task (automatic, variable-sum, bank drafts) that few services can do (and those that can do it for materially more cost). It works quite well on all my devices, you can integrate it with nearly anything at this point...

The UX is a little wonky sometimes. More clicks/loading than should be needed to do some tasks (related to manual record entry is where I've seen it the most).

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your review! We're constantly working to refine the UX to optimize as many use cases as possible. If you could email us with specific workflows which take more clicks than needed it would be very helpful to us. We'll review and attempt to fix where possible.

Ashley
Legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful product!

Kommentare: Invoice Ninja was so easy to use, probably the easiest invoice platform I've used ever. The dashboard was comprehensive and stored the data in a user friendly and concise manner. I honestly can't believe how inexpensive Invoice Ninja is for what it does, and if you're looking for a sign to create an account and use the service, please consider this as your sign! You won't regret it!

The dashboard and the way data is stored. It's SO user friendly and easy to navigate, I never had a hard time finding the information I needed.

I have zero complaints! I never had any trouble using the service. I guess my singular complaint is that Invoice Ninja should stop selling themselves short and charge people what they deserve to be paid because this service is great.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

FABULOUS REVIEW!!! Thank you very much for our kind words & being part of the Invoice Ninja community!

Ernie
Marketing Consultant in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Invoice Ninja is a good way to send invoices to clients

What I like most about the software is that you are able to send monthly recurring payments as an invoice. This makes life a lot easier. You only have to send it once. After the first payment the client will automatically be on the billing plan until you express otherwise.

The interface is slightly old looking. That's probably an understatement. From a design aspect its not very modern. I could see some clients wondering if the billing system is legit or some type of phishing scheme. Luckily I haven't had any problems with that.

Antwort von InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your review! We are actually putting out a major UI revamp later this year!