Quality Online Giving System for the Price

Kirk V.
Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Again, functionality and versatile features are excellent as well as user interface experience. But the back side of administrating the batch reports is a hit or miss. It would be home run if EasyTithe was able to partner with Aplos cloud accounting software so my monthly reconciliations would be better streamlined.

Vorteile: multiple features for administrator accounting and reconciliation, ease of use, customer services (most of the time). read below.

Nachteile: Many of the issues I had prior to the system and user interface upgrade have been resolved.
But one thing that has been a recurring issue has been the quality of batch deposit reports over the years. The changes in third-party provider has been frustrating in regards in reconciling donor contributions with the correct fund from the batch deposits posted on the bank side to the batch deposits recorded online. It has improves since, but I would not be surprise if this issue comes up again. I hope I am mistaken and that the quality is moving upward.
Also, I am still waiting for EasyTithe to resolve my request to turn off the "Convenience Fee" break-out feature shown on the batch report detail which separates the actual donor amount given and the convenience payout on top of the true contribution. It has been over two weeks now and still waiting word to reverse this function do I can close out the month of July.

easyTithe...a GREAT product!

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Alan M.
Office/Finance Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our church members LOVE the convenience of online and text giving! Have never heard anything negative from them about the service. On a personal level...I love the product and the personalized customer service! Thank you for providing a GREAT product and an incredible customer service experience!!!

Vorteile: Love how easy it was to set up and implement. When we started, we began from scratch. The folks at easyTithe helped us establish a merchant account and walked us through the process from start to finish! After having used the service for several years, I can honestly say that easyTithe provides EXCELLENT customer service. From the initial setup, to assistance with questions on usage, to helping with specific transactions...easyTithe has always been top notch!

Nachteile: Wish it was possible to designate to multiple funds thru text giving...in the same text message. Also, would be nice to allow ACH transactions via text giving.

von easyTithe an 26.9.2018

Hi Alan! Thank you for your feedback! The functionality on your wish list has been on ours as well, and we're very near completion in rolling out these exciting updates! Soon, you'll be able to give to multiple funds through text giving, as well as give through text by ACH. We're in process of putting the finishing touches on this functionality, and will be sharing more details with customers as they become available. If you have any questions in the meantime, you can reach out to our support team at support@givinghelpdesk.com and we'll be happy to help!

easyTithe...brings "easy" to online giving!

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Alan M.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like how simple easyTithe is to use. Set up was a snap, and when I had a question, customer service provided the answer I needed in a fast and efficient manner. Our donors also really like using easyTithe for their online giving. From start to finish, they are up and running and very satisfied and confident in the safety and security of their donation.

Nachteile: We implemented easyTithe approximately 5 years ago, and through the years the only negative I can say is I wish we had implemented sooner. easyTithe has given us a channel of giving that we didn't have before.

EasyTithe is Big PLUS

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Ken V.
Executive Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: EasyTithe made our transition from the envelope system to online giving exceptionally smooth. While not all of our members are ready to make the switch, the system is easy to navigate. Many people rarely or ever write checks and easyTithe is a convenient easy to use system for both the user and the church

Vorteile: We've used EasyTithe online giving platform at church for about seven years. They were very helpful in walking us through the setup process and our members have found the interface easy to access. We like the app-based giving link and that it is included in our package. We continue to add users and believe it has had a positive effect on our overall giving. The user interface is the best part. If it isn't easy people won't use it!

Nachteile: We would like to have more flexibility in customizing giving reports. The options are limited and our giving secretary has to import data and rework it a bit when she does end of year reports.

von easyTithe an 26.10.2018

Thank you for your feedback, Ken! We're so glad you've found easyTithe to be a helpful tool for your church. If you're enjoying the native app, we'd also recommend checking out easytithe.com/MinistryOne for an even more robust church app option.

Also, thank you for your feedback regarding reporting options. We are always working to enhance features. and input from our customers helps us make sure we're offering the best product possible.

Some good, some bad!

Chris P.
Accounts Payable/Receivable
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy Tithe was so steady for years and then they started going through changes probably the past couple of years and it has been pretty rocky. I thought about leaving a few times. But they assured me that changes were coming that would improve the experience, and it did get a lot better I guess about a year ago or so. I feel that they need to be consistent though and just stay with it. Stop changing things like they are trying to reinvent the wheel. With that being said it is hard to find a better one. We do use another software as well and they are good too but Easy Tithe does allow me as admin. to get in there and really see what is going on when a donor needs help. I do like that a lot, and there support has greatly improved.

Vorteile: It is easy to use and I get my daily batches emailed to me.

Nachteile: They keep changing the website. Sometimes I go to print a batch and when I click print then its not there.
The thing I really hate is that when I try to print a report from last month by person or do a date search by last name for the previous month, neither one prints up completely. There is usually a missing name or info going from one page to the other. Especially with the last name for the previous month search. I have let them know about this and it doesn't look like they have done anything about it. It's probably been going on for at least a few months but probably longer.

Excellent for giving but ChMS and customer service need work

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Senja P.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Inexpensive solution that allows us to provide text giving, easy and attractive online giving, and child check-in. Needs work on check-in options, as well as integration with Android products and something better than Java to run printer application.

Vorteile: The giving software is SUPER easy to use and most of our people have completely switched over to text giving, now that we can offer it. We also love the integration with the ChMS software, though we are still working on getting our people to use it for more than child check-in.

Nachteile: The ChMS software has a lot of potential, but seems to still be so new that there are a lot of features that either don't work or are just convoluted. It hasn't quite reached the streamlined point, yet. We are unable to run check-in kiosks on android tablets (though it looks like someone has developed an app to run it on Apple products), and the printer software runs through Java which doesn't run on Android, so we are still limited to using a full-size computer for check in. Trying to figure out how to do things is difficult as their Help section is still VERY limited and customer service is always slow (though VERY friendly, once you actually get a hold of someone). Overall, I want to love this company, but we may still have to look into other ChMS options, simply because this one doesn't have the capacity for what we need.

von easyTithe an 6.6.2018

Hi Senja! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We're sorry to hear about your experience with customer support recently! We're continuing to improve our processes and reduce wait times so I hope you'll have a better experience in the future. We'll also pass along your feedback to the product team...it's really helpful! Grateful to serve you!

4 1/2 stars. Not perfect, but an excellent option with great customer service and support

Al B.
Parishioner
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'd recommend EasyTithe in most cases. Their setup is quick, current pricing is reasonable and text message add-on costs less than $75 a year. As previously mentioned, if text donating ever is streamlined, this will be an unqualified 5 star organizational offering. Recommended today with upside potential for future version updates.

Vorteile: Easy Tithe is a service primarily focused on the solicitation, tracking and organization of donations to a church. Our church has about 100 families / giving circles with 250 or so parishioners in total. The set up process was smooth, quick and backed by excellent customer service and startup support. The dashboard is easy-to-use and intuitive. Even the forms, which can normally become a UI quagmire, are largely elegant and changed easily. Some of the screens have slight confusion, but nothing near the issues I've seen with other software solutions. Customer service is top notch. Communication is clear, concise and understandable without tech jargon. The fees are reasonable, although not always the lowest due to the current competitive marketplace for donation payments.

Nachteile: The user-friendliness, while good, isn't perfect. It is challenging to make a donation via text - if you try to give money, and let time lag between the request and clicking on a link (where you have to finalize the donation), it times out. Also, said link must be clicked twice - not a huge deal but could confuse older donators who then stop the donation thinking that something is wrong. For the same reason, I can't give 5 stars on user friendliness - instead of just typing in "$5" and offering a text-centric confirmation, donators have to go to a browser screen to finalize, which can be a bit of an inconvenience.

Pretty good and getting better

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Bill F.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is such a win for us as a church as giving online is the way that so many want to give, as opposed to giving in an offering bag at the church. We've recently set up TEXT giving as well and that is fantastic!

Vorteile: It has solved a necessary issue for us. Online giving to a church is a key way to keep engagement and income moving forward. The interface is easy to work with and the ability to give to multiple funds on the same sign-in is great. Also the ability to see your giving history is big. Additionally, being able to set up recurring donations is very important for both the church and the user.

Nachteile: The reporting can be a tiny bit clunky but that continues to get better. Also, it used to take forever to get someone on the phone but that is now significantly better. Hold times used to be horrendous but today they are actually quite good.

Verifying EasyTithe Contributions

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Phyllis F.
Business Administration
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a good experience. I like that the money just appears in your bank account. The two new contributors in our church are young and they don't even want to buy checks. Now that they see
how easy it is to contribute, I believe they will be more regular in their giving.

Vorteile: We had two new EasyTithe Contributors when we introduced texting to our congregation! Both were several hundred dollars each.
Actually, I was not even aware of the second member's contribution until I started looking to verify the first member's text contribution.
The first person mentioned it to me and said, "It was so easy!" When I saw a deposit on my bank account that was unaccounted for, I wanted to verify it was that person that had mentioned it to me.
Imagine my surprise when I saw another fairly new member had also made a text contribution of almost $500, that had not hit my bank account just yet!
Once I understood that the User ID is your email address, I did not have any trouble getting into the system.
Thanks so much for your help at EasyTithe!

Nachteile: I have not found any Cons so far. There were contributions from several years ago on the list of contributors still listed our account. I am not really interesting in prior years. Is there a way that the prior years could be listed, but not open unless you ask for them to be open by the year? I believe that would be an improvement.

USING EASY TITHE FROM BACK OFFICE PERSPECTIVE

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Denise N.
OFFICE MANAGER
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I like most about the Easy Tithe software is that when developing the program they really made it user friendly. I feel like they kept things simple but also tried to incorporate as many features as they can. It can be really simple to find the monthly online giving, track someone's giving and even make necessary edits to a profile. I appreciate this as I am a busy person who doesn't have lots of time on my hands to fumble through a program looking for what I need.

Nachteile: I do wish there was more training offered. I feel like Easy Tithe has so much more I am unaware of but I'm not sure how to access it. It would be nice if they offered a training course. Also, I have data that I need to pull from Easy Tithe and input into another program called Excellerate, however Easy Tithe does not make a report that I can export into this program. Excellerate is one of the ones they have not yet added. Also, I am unable to find any sort of way to change the envelope numbers to match what we have for our members.

We are very happy with Easytithe. Works great and is very efficient in meeting our needs.

Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Judy G.
Finance Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very easy to utilize and to access from any computer.

Vorteile: Easytithe offers many fund options. It automatically moves the monies over to our bank account which makes it so much easier than other software. I would highly recommend this software to brand new churches as well as fully established churches.

Nachteile: I think the biggest concern I have is the extra monthly charge we are seeing for utilizing this software. While I realize there are regulatory costs to Easytithe, I think the fee and additional amount per transaction is more than enough to cover without having to assess another amount on top of that. I do pay less using Paypal, and even though I prefer Easytithe, any savings to a church (non-profit) is a big deal.

A Great Program Overall

Bewertet am 3.10.2017
Rachel G.
Website Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A great Christian company that offers an easy and effective way to receive funds as well as create forms and correspond with donors.

Vorteile: The customer support at Easy Tithe is hard to top! We have had great success with the online chat feature as well as the telephone support line. In addition, their site is organized and easy to maneuver.

Nachteile: We recently tried to create a sign up form with multiple conditional sections on it. The form was not formatting correctly, and when we contacted Easytithe support, we found that we had added too many conditional sections to the form and only one or two tops were allowed in order to prevent the form from crashing.
Small kinks like this seem to arise from time to time, but they have not been make it or break its for us. We have just had to be creative a find a way around them.

von easyTithe an 5.10.2017

Thank you for the positive feedback, Rachel! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to serve your ministry well. Also, thanks for the feedback surrounding the conditional form elements. We'll pass this along to the product team as they continue to build the product into the future.

Easy Tithe Giving

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Teresa B.
Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I would say we are pleased with easyTithe and the components we use.

Vorteile: As a donor it is easy to set up and use. It is pretty straight forward. We just added the texting and it is a good feature. I like that you have a window of time that you can remove the donation if you need to make changes.

Nachteile: On the administering side, there have been some bugs that have been worked out that were a little frustrating. Sometimes the donor names do not show up on the batch reports, and I have even had a situation where the deposit at the bank did not have a batch report to match it. Having said that, I have not had any of these issues for several months. Some thing to still work on: the batches sometimes lag several days behind the actual deposit. Also contact information is difficult to find on the website. For some things it is much easier to speak to an actual person instead of going back and forth on a support ticket.

Love the Software

Bewertet am 8.9.2019
Amy C.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Amazing! It’s taken our church giving to a new level. Saw donations from people that rarely give the traditional way. When members set up automatic giving, being out of town doesn’t affect their giving. Gave order to our church finances.

Vorteile: Most functions are easy to understand and use, organized church giving, synchronized with easy tithe plus, ability to connect to bank & QuickBooks, variety of report queries, assistance only a phone call away, etc.

Nachteile: Setting up QuickBooks sync, the errors that done allow for easy tithe plus sync even when the correct information was entered, limited technical assistance hours

My experience with easyTithe has been excellent thus far. The customer service team is fabulous .

Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Beverly P.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We received the benefit of introducing our organization, congregation, volunteers, supporters and others to a convenient, safe, user-friendly program for financial giving that has opened the door for our church to offer quality service that provides convenience in giving that many are looking for in a church today. Secondly, it allows an excellent management and integration system to further advance our tracking and efficiency.

Vorteile: I like everything about the program so far. It meets the needs of my organization and allows us to become more efficient in our outreach. It provides the ability for us to professionally and efficiently track online giving while also establishing another level of online outreach with those whom we engage with through the service. It provides a 2nd level of opportunity to reach new potential giving partners through marketing also. The software provides opportunity to continue building our online presence and offer secure and safe convenience to our team.

Nachteile: Since I don't understand the thoroughness of what can be done with the reports, I will have to say that I am not sure. Based on what I have experienced so far, I am not sure it will provide me with all I would like to do in reporting information. My opinion is out on it until I can go deeper in my knowledge of reports.

Great team to work with

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Anna H.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The Easytithe software is so user-friendly a person of any age can navigate through it. We have had no trouble with the service or software, and only have great things to say about the support staff. Whenever we contact the company, our issue is settled in a professional, prompt fashion.

Nachteile: The only part of the software we had trouble with is the MinistryOne App. We could not customize the APp to fit our Ministry structure. Our senior members had trouble connecting the App with their existing EasyTithe account.

I love easyTithe

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Marcia l A.
Financial Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been wonderful! On the outside chance there is a problem, they are there and ready to help. Their introductory coaching is superb, and e-mails are answered promptly. They are truly a company that cares about you, making sure that you have everything you need for success, and is very willing to go the extra mile to help you.

Vorteile: I love the ease of using this product. I don't use it daily (I'm not in the office every day), but I check it several times a week to keep up with donations that have come in. Compared to the service I was using before, this is so much easier to use. Just a few clicks, and I have the information I need--whether it's a contribution that has come in during the week or an end-of-month record for transferring to my membership program. I highly recommend easyTithe to any church or organization that is thinking about this type software. It is at the top in my book.

Nachteile: Sometimes it will take several days before we actually get our money. On speaking with one of their representatives, I think the problem might lie more with our bank than with easyTithe.

First Time Online Giving User

Bewertet am 5.4.2019
James C.
Social Media Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love the program. It meets the many needs of our church. Some of our people were negative with online giving but once put into operation a lot of negative feelings about online have changed into positive feelings and ir is being used. I am excited about our current usage. It is not huge at this point but further along that I thought it would be at this time. We only began using the program at the end of February. I am excited to see what the future holds for our church and Easy Tithe. Thank you. P.S. I reviewed many online programs before selecting Easy Tithe. I am glad that Easy Tithe is the one we selected.

Vorteile: Easy to set up and use.
Can set up the software for different funds that our church uses.
Immediate confirmation of donation to user.
Daily information available to administrator.
Multitude of available available for use.

Nachteile: Difficulty with initial setup with setting up links on church web site. Needed customer support which was quick and helpful. The problem was with me and not with the software.

von easyTithe an 9.4.2019

Thank you for your feedback, James! We're so grateful to have the opportunity to help increase and strengthen online giving at your church. We would recommend reaching out to our Success Team by grabbing a session on their calendar here: https://calendly.com/givingsuccess/coachingsession

Our Success Coaches can walk you through best practices and offer tips and guidance on how to more quickly grow giving.

What a huge blessing this is!

Tamra A.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The new generation wants to be able to give on line so that is now available to them at an affordable price for the church. The software is so user friendly and I like the ability to do my reports when needed. The apps are nice and the text giving is easy. The customer support has been absolutely fabulous to work with and have met all my needs.

Vorteile: The ease and use of the software is great. Many options, great resources, great bundle for the price. The customer service was so easy and friendly. Our new generation prefers easy and on line which all of the software, apps and website are super easy.

Nachteile: While I love having the ability to create the forms the way I need them to be, I do not like to create them.

EasyTithe

Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Marcie L.
Executive Assistant to CFO/Sr. Project Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been able to create forms to support payment processes. User friendly. Excellent support staff!

Vorteile: Overall the Easy-Tithe software is user friendly. The support staff is outstanding and very responsive.

Nachteile: The word "tithe" in the product title secludes this product to church genres. The Easy Tithe product has the potential to help a wider genre of organizations in addition to churches. Limited customization options with the form properties. We need more features to be able to meet our university's payment plan needs.

Good until the last year

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Willis G.
Senior Pastor

Vorteile: Ease of use on church app online and text give and at one time the customer service

Nachteile: Their customer support is really, really, really bad over the past several of months it is the worst I have dealt with you open tickets and it takes over a month with no response and when they do respond they just close the ticket without completing the request. I have had major problem after major problem from deductions from wrong accounts, not depositing correct amounts, depositing donations to accounts that are not ours, not reflecting donors contributions and a list of other issue. I have spoken with customer reps they have passed me up to a manager they said would help to expedite. there was several occasions were I waited on hold for over 3 hours, finally I reached someone. We are currently shopping for over providers

von easyTithe an 14.5.2018

Hi, Willis! Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We're deeply sorry for your experience with easyTithe. You're absolutely right¿support wait times were completely unacceptable this last fall. We did experience some service interruptions that impacted many of our customers, including you. While we're saddened that you were impacted by the issues, those challenges helped us identify shortcomings in our service model we have since corrected. Some of these improvements included staffing plans to ensure there are more resources to support you during the busiest times of the year. We'd be grateful to hear more about your experience and will reach out directly!

Great uses for churches who have a lot of young people

Bewertet am 2.5.2018
Kevin R.
Managing Partner of KVR Consultant

Vorteile: In this age everyone is mobile and do not write checks a lot. This is the right tool for your younger people who on text constantly. This is easy to set up a profile and add cc and it is very secure.

Nachteile: I do not see any issues with easy tithe, we had a small issue and the customer support even though the staff is VERY VERY NICE, the hold time takes forever. I think they was addressing the issue, but that is the only con.

Growing Too Fast

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Martha W.
Bookkeeper

Kommentare: We do not have to do all the PSI

Vorteile: When we started with EasyTithe all the information I needed was on the first screen.
Documentation of donor requests was fairly consistent. We had very few complaints from donors that they could not get set up. Still we have good matching between the deposited amount and the reported amount. The help works fairly well though response has slowed down.

Nachteile: Issues: Having to go to several screens to research all the information we need to complete a donation receipt. Incomplete donor information and inability to edit to include preferences when it does not pick up on donor entry. Including a donor bounced trans action in another deposit rather than separately deducted from our account. Difficulty of donors to get their preferences entered. Recently a cancelled card was charged and it completed the transaction. Still shows as approved.

von easyTithe an 22.10.2019

Hello Martha, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Over the past two months, we have made important and noteworthy improvements to our donor reporter functionality. Being the largest giving provider for churches, ministries, and non-profits, we innovate constantly to meet our changing customer needs.

If we can serve you in any way, please let us know!
-Jeremy, Director of Giving Support

Ongoing issues with incorrectly charging donors and poor customer service response

Bewertet am 3.1.2018
Nola M.
Director of Operations

Vorteile: It enables our donors to give online.

Nachteile: Our donors are continually double charged. We have had multiple donors whose credit cards were declined in December - according to EasyTithe - but multiple charges are showing up in their statements. It took more than a day to get a response - and then only because we remained on hold for over an hour and a half. The customer service person was helpful - but not proactive. If we can tell him which donors have the issues, he can fix them. We are expected to find all of EasyTithe's mistakes? We have many donors who tried to give in December and were declined (inappropriately). We found donation (because a donor contacted us directly) that their website showed no record of. The apathy we have experienced is incredible. EasyTithe is making our year-end donor process a complete nightmare and they are inconveniencing our donors. This is highly unacceptable and we are looking for an alternative.

von easyTithe an 16.1.2018

Hi Nola. Thank you for sharing here. We did experience an error and are working diligently to ensure that your experience is, in all ways, what you deserve. We acknowledge that you did not receive that. We do apologize and want to assure you that we are dedicated to providing both you and your donors an exceptional experience. Again, we appreciate you sharing.

Easy Way to Tithe

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
April D.
Secretary/Treasurer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy Tithe has given us options in giving that we wouldn't have otherwise. Members are able to give from the comfort of their own home or by clicking a few buttons on their phone.

Vorteile: Easy Tithe is easy for our church members to use. We were easily able to put a link to Easy Tithe on our app and our website. Thereby making giving even easier

Nachteile: I dislike the 2-4 day delay in getting the donations transferred to our bank account.