easyTithe...a GREAT product!

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Alan M.
Office/Finance Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our church members LOVE the convenience of online and text giving! Have never heard anything negative from them about the service. On a personal level...I love the product and the personalized customer service! Thank you for providing a GREAT product and an incredible customer service experience!!!

Vorteile: Love how easy it was to set up and implement. When we started, we began from scratch. The folks at easyTithe helped us establish a merchant account and walked us through the process from start to finish! After having used the service for several years, I can honestly say that easyTithe provides EXCELLENT customer service. From the initial setup, to assistance with questions on usage, to helping with specific transactions...easyTithe has always been top notch!

Nachteile: Wish it was possible to designate to multiple funds thru text giving...in the same text message. Also, would be nice to allow ACH transactions via text giving.

von easyTithe an 26.9.2018

Hi Alan! Thank you for your feedback! The functionality on your wish list has been on ours as well, and we're very near completion in rolling out these exciting updates! Soon, you'll be able to give to multiple funds through text giving, as well as give through text by ACH. We're in process of putting the finishing touches on this functionality, and will be sharing more details with customers as they become available. If you have any questions in the meantime, you can reach out to our support team at support@givinghelpdesk.com and we'll be happy to help!

easyTithe...brings "easy" to online giving!

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Alan M.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like how simple easyTithe is to use. Set up was a snap, and when I had a question, customer service provided the answer I needed in a fast and efficient manner. Our donors also really like using easyTithe for their online giving. From start to finish, they are up and running and very satisfied and confident in the safety and security of their donation.

Nachteile: We implemented easyTithe approximately 5 years ago, and through the years the only negative I can say is I wish we had implemented sooner. easyTithe has given us a channel of giving that we didn't have before.

EasyTithe is Big PLUS

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Ken V.
Executive Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: EasyTithe made our transition from the envelope system to online giving exceptionally smooth. While not all of our members are ready to make the switch, the system is easy to navigate. Many people rarely or ever write checks and easyTithe is a convenient easy to use system for both the user and the church

Vorteile: We've used EasyTithe online giving platform at church for about seven years. They were very helpful in walking us through the setup process and our members have found the interface easy to access. We like the app-based giving link and that it is included in our package. We continue to add users and believe it has had a positive effect on our overall giving. The user interface is the best part. If it isn't easy people won't use it!

Nachteile: We would like to have more flexibility in customizing giving reports. The options are limited and our giving secretary has to import data and rework it a bit when she does end of year reports.

von easyTithe an 26.10.2018

Thank you for your feedback, Ken! We're so glad you've found easyTithe to be a helpful tool for your church. If you're enjoying the native app, we'd also recommend checking out easytithe.com/MinistryOne for an even more robust church app option.

Also, thank you for your feedback regarding reporting options. We are always working to enhance features. and input from our customers helps us make sure we're offering the best product possible.

Ongoing issues with incorrectly charging donors and poor customer service response

Bewertet am 3.1.2018
Nola M.
Director of Operations

Vorteile: It enables our donors to give online.

Nachteile: Our donors are continually double charged. We have had multiple donors whose credit cards were declined in December - according to EasyTithe - but multiple charges are showing up in their statements. It took more than a day to get a response - and then only because we remained on hold for over an hour and a half. The customer service person was helpful - but not proactive. If we can tell him which donors have the issues, he can fix them. We are expected to find all of EasyTithe's mistakes? We have many donors who tried to give in December and were declined (inappropriately). We found donation (because a donor contacted us directly) that their website showed no record of. The apathy we have experienced is incredible. EasyTithe is making our year-end donor process a complete nightmare and they are inconveniencing our donors. This is highly unacceptable and we are looking for an alternative.

von easyTithe an 16.1.2018

Hi Nola. Thank you for sharing here. We did experience an error and are working diligently to ensure that your experience is, in all ways, what you deserve. We acknowledge that you did not receive that. We do apologize and want to assure you that we are dedicated to providing both you and your donors an exceptional experience. Again, we appreciate you sharing.

Excellent for giving but ChMS and customer service need work

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Senja P.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Inexpensive solution that allows us to provide text giving, easy and attractive online giving, and child check-in. Needs work on check-in options, as well as integration with Android products and something better than Java to run printer application.

Vorteile: The giving software is SUPER easy to use and most of our people have completely switched over to text giving, now that we can offer it. We also love the integration with the ChMS software, though we are still working on getting our people to use it for more than child check-in.

Nachteile: The ChMS software has a lot of potential, but seems to still be so new that there are a lot of features that either don't work or are just convoluted. It hasn't quite reached the streamlined point, yet. We are unable to run check-in kiosks on android tablets (though it looks like someone has developed an app to run it on Apple products), and the printer software runs through Java which doesn't run on Android, so we are still limited to using a full-size computer for check in. Trying to figure out how to do things is difficult as their Help section is still VERY limited and customer service is always slow (though VERY friendly, once you actually get a hold of someone). Overall, I want to love this company, but we may still have to look into other ChMS options, simply because this one doesn't have the capacity for what we need.

von easyTithe an 6.6.2018

Hi Senja! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We're sorry to hear about your experience with customer support recently! We're continuing to improve our processes and reduce wait times so I hope you'll have a better experience in the future. We'll also pass along your feedback to the product team...it's really helpful! Grateful to serve you!

Pretty good and getting better

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Bill F.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is such a win for us as a church as giving online is the way that so many want to give, as opposed to giving in an offering bag at the church. We've recently set up TEXT giving as well and that is fantastic!

Vorteile: It has solved a necessary issue for us. Online giving to a church is a key way to keep engagement and income moving forward. The interface is easy to work with and the ability to give to multiple funds on the same sign-in is great. Also the ability to see your giving history is big. Additionally, being able to set up recurring donations is very important for both the church and the user.

Nachteile: The reporting can be a tiny bit clunky but that continues to get better. Also, it used to take forever to get someone on the phone but that is now significantly better. Hold times used to be horrendous but today they are actually quite good.

Verifying EasyTithe Contributions

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Phyllis F.
Business Administration
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a good experience. I like that the money just appears in your bank account. The two new contributors in our church are young and they don't even want to buy checks. Now that they see
how easy it is to contribute, I believe they will be more regular in their giving.

Vorteile: We had two new EasyTithe Contributors when we introduced texting to our congregation! Both were several hundred dollars each.
Actually, I was not even aware of the second member's contribution until I started looking to verify the first member's text contribution.
The first person mentioned it to me and said, "It was so easy!" When I saw a deposit on my bank account that was unaccounted for, I wanted to verify it was that person that had mentioned it to me.
Imagine my surprise when I saw another fairly new member had also made a text contribution of almost $500, that had not hit my bank account just yet!
Once I understood that the User ID is your email address, I did not have any trouble getting into the system.
Thanks so much for your help at EasyTithe!

Nachteile: I have not found any Cons so far. There were contributions from several years ago on the list of contributors still listed our account. I am not really interesting in prior years. Is there a way that the prior years could be listed, but not open unless you ask for them to be open by the year? I believe that would be an improvement.

We are very happy with Easytithe. Works great and is very efficient in meeting our needs.

Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Judy G.
Finance Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very easy to utilize and to access from any computer.

Vorteile: Easytithe offers many fund options. It automatically moves the monies over to our bank account which makes it so much easier than other software. I would highly recommend this software to brand new churches as well as fully established churches.

Nachteile: I think the biggest concern I have is the extra monthly charge we are seeing for utilizing this software. While I realize there are regulatory costs to Easytithe, I think the fee and additional amount per transaction is more than enough to cover without having to assess another amount on top of that. I do pay less using Paypal, and even though I prefer Easytithe, any savings to a church (non-profit) is a big deal.

A Great Program Overall

Bewertet am 3.10.2017
Rachel G.
Website Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A great Christian company that offers an easy and effective way to receive funds as well as create forms and correspond with donors.

Vorteile: The customer support at Easy Tithe is hard to top! We have had great success with the online chat feature as well as the telephone support line. In addition, their site is organized and easy to maneuver.

Nachteile: We recently tried to create a sign up form with multiple conditional sections on it. The form was not formatting correctly, and when we contacted Easytithe support, we found that we had added too many conditional sections to the form and only one or two tops were allowed in order to prevent the form from crashing.
Small kinks like this seem to arise from time to time, but they have not been make it or break its for us. We have just had to be creative a find a way around them.

von easyTithe an 5.10.2017

Thank you for the positive feedback, Rachel! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to serve your ministry well. Also, thanks for the feedback surrounding the conditional form elements. We'll pass this along to the product team as they continue to build the product into the future.

Review

Bewertet am 18.2.2019
Lisa P.
Business Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to accept online and credit card donations and the donations are transferred directly into our account and recorded in the donors profile. I have been patient with the issues because I understand there are a lot of kinks to iron out when its a new thing, but for the price we pay, I hope the issues get cleared up quickly!!

Vorteile: I like to be able to have the contributions automatically put in the donors profile.

Nachteile: There is no batch for the online contributions and there is not the ability to transfer the deposits directly into the finance section, there have been some issues that I have called on and the customer service was unable to give me answers. Some of the tickets are unclear in their explanations and they do not make calls to discuss - would prefer the person that received my ticket, not just a random person.

My experience with easyTithe has been excellent thus far. The customer service team is fabulous .

Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Beverly P.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We received the benefit of introducing our organization, congregation, volunteers, supporters and others to a convenient, safe, user-friendly program for financial giving that has opened the door for our church to offer quality service that provides convenience in giving that many are looking for in a church today. Secondly, it allows an excellent management and integration system to further advance our tracking and efficiency.

Vorteile: I like everything about the program so far. It meets the needs of my organization and allows us to become more efficient in our outreach. It provides the ability for us to professionally and efficiently track online giving while also establishing another level of online outreach with those whom we engage with through the service. It provides a 2nd level of opportunity to reach new potential giving partners through marketing also. The software provides opportunity to continue building our online presence and offer secure and safe convenience to our team.

Nachteile: Since I don't understand the thoroughness of what can be done with the reports, I will have to say that I am not sure. Based on what I have experienced so far, I am not sure it will provide me with all I would like to do in reporting information. My opinion is out on it until I can go deeper in my knowledge of reports.

First Time Online Giving User

Bewertet am 5.4.2019
James C.
Social Media Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love the program. It meets the many needs of our church. Some of our people were negative with online giving but once put into operation a lot of negative feelings about online have changed into positive feelings and ir is being used. I am excited about our current usage. It is not huge at this point but further along that I thought it would be at this time. We only began using the program at the end of February. I am excited to see what the future holds for our church and Easy Tithe. Thank you. P.S. I reviewed many online programs before selecting Easy Tithe. I am glad that Easy Tithe is the one we selected.

Vorteile: Easy to set up and use.
Can set up the software for different funds that our church uses.
Immediate confirmation of donation to user.
Daily information available to administrator.
Multitude of available available for use.

Nachteile: Difficulty with initial setup with setting up links on church web site. Needed customer support which was quick and helpful. The problem was with me and not with the software.

von easyTithe an 9.4.2019

Thank you for your feedback, James! We're so grateful to have the opportunity to help increase and strengthen online giving at your church. We would recommend reaching out to our Success Team by grabbing a session on their calendar here: https://calendly.com/givingsuccess/coachingsession

Our Success Coaches can walk you through best practices and offer tips and guidance on how to more quickly grow giving.

EasyTithe

Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Marcie L.
Executive Assistant to CFO/Sr. Project Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been able to create forms to support payment processes. User friendly. Excellent support staff!

Vorteile: Overall the Easy-Tithe software is user friendly. The support staff is outstanding and very responsive.

Nachteile: The word "tithe" in the product title secludes this product to church genres. The Easy Tithe product has the potential to help a wider genre of organizations in addition to churches. Limited customization options with the form properties. We need more features to be able to meet our university's payment plan needs.

Good until the last year

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Willis G.
Senior Pastor

Vorteile: Ease of use on church app online and text give and at one time the customer service

Nachteile: Their customer support is really, really, really bad over the past several of months it is the worst I have dealt with you open tickets and it takes over a month with no response and when they do respond they just close the ticket without completing the request. I have had major problem after major problem from deductions from wrong accounts, not depositing correct amounts, depositing donations to accounts that are not ours, not reflecting donors contributions and a list of other issue. I have spoken with customer reps they have passed me up to a manager they said would help to expedite. there was several occasions were I waited on hold for over 3 hours, finally I reached someone. We are currently shopping for over providers

von easyTithe an 14.5.2018

Hi, Willis! Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We're deeply sorry for your experience with easyTithe. You're absolutely right¿support wait times were completely unacceptable this last fall. We did experience some service interruptions that impacted many of our customers, including you. While we're saddened that you were impacted by the issues, those challenges helped us identify shortcomings in our service model we have since corrected. Some of these improvements included staffing plans to ensure there are more resources to support you during the busiest times of the year. We'd be grateful to hear more about your experience and will reach out directly!

Great uses for churches who have a lot of young people

Bewertet am 2.5.2018
Kevin R.
Managing Partner of KVR Consultant

Vorteile: In this age everyone is mobile and do not write checks a lot. This is the right tool for your younger people who on text constantly. This is easy to set up a profile and add cc and it is very secure.

Nachteile: I do not see any issues with easy tithe, we had a small issue and the customer support even though the staff is VERY VERY NICE, the hold time takes forever. I think they was addressing the issue, but that is the only con.

Easy Way to Tithe

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
April D.
Secretary/Treasurer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy Tithe has given us options in giving that we wouldn't have otherwise. Members are able to give from the comfort of their own home or by clicking a few buttons on their phone.

Vorteile: Easy Tithe is easy for our church members to use. We were easily able to put a link to Easy Tithe on our app and our website. Thereby making giving even easier

Nachteile: I dislike the 2-4 day delay in getting the donations transferred to our bank account.

Love the app and customer service.

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Oj T.
Deacon/Church Administrator
Eisenbahnbau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Giving info

Vorteile: I like the name of the software. We were moving to new technology and easytithe made it easier for members to accept it. Online giving is a new concept for many people. The services offered made it easy to explain it to the congregation. Easytithe has many handouts and flyers available for distribution. As questions arise, I was able to call support services for need.
I love the quick notice of the payments submitted to our email and to bank. I love the charts to show months of giving and reports submitted.

Nachteile: I do not like the long wait to speak to a customer service representative.
I think the forms to encourage members to sign up need to be updated. I think it needs to be easier to print off donor statements. I think it needs to be easier and customer friendly in signing up for the app and an explanation of how the process works.

It's great for small organizations. It's not great for managing streams of income for a church.

Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Executive Assistant

Kommentare: Always organization to receive online donations

Vorteile: It's easy to set up a registration form. It's easy to setup and designate a fund. It's easy to manage registrations that come through the form.

Nachteile: Users complain often about technical errors occurring when trying to submit a donation. We are not able to manage offline donations with this software causing us to use multiple software systems.

Great giving platform!

Bewertet am 19.2.2019
Janet D.
Mktg Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the forms functionality, easy to use and very customizable. They are easy to embed on our website. I also like how this platform syncs with our CHMS Software.

Nachteile: It would really be nice to have the option for our member to be able to purchase t-shirts, hoodies and jackets for a store. Would love to have a store option that we could embed in our website.

Easy Tithe Review

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Wernecke J.
Treasurer

Kommentare: For the most part Easy Tithe works smoothly

Vorteile: I like the fact that there are several ways to find a transaction. You can go to the individual's name and find a history of their transactions. Also, the deposit information by month and day is very helpful for balancing bank account.

Nachteile: Sometimes there is a fee taken or refunded by Easy Tithe but there is no reference to what it is and I spend too much time looking for "my error" when , in fact, it is a transaction by Easy Tithe that I was not notified about. I then have to do a "ticket" and wait for a response.
Also, I don't know if individuals are notified when their CC expires, sometimes it takes the individual a month or more to realize it.

easyTithe is Appropiately Named!

Bewertet am 12.6.2019
Debra C.
secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Giving our donors the option of donating on-line with a credit or debit card has really increased giving. We also have some donors that signed up for auto-donation to give the same amount each month and then they don't have to remember to donate. I've only had one issue with the software since we began using it and I heard back from customer service right away and the issue was quickly handled.

Vorteile: The ease of use of this software is what I like the most.

Nachteile: There is a bit of a lag in a donor giving to our church and the deposit showing up on our church operating account bank statement. If the donation comes at the end of the month, I have to wait until the beginning of the next month to give the donor contribution credit. However, this hasn't been much of any issue with our donors.

It does the basics at a good price

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Jonathan M.
Pastor of Administration and Children
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The cost is among the lowest (not necessarily in monthly cost, but in transaction cost) and it does the basics well - gives your church members a place to give online. Functionality has slowly improved over time. The first generation of forms was downright maddening and the new generation of forms is much nicer. The mobile app is okay. Again, it does what it needs to do.

von easyTithe an 28.3.2018

Thanks for your feedback Jonathan! We are always looking for ways to expand our functionality to serve you better. We agree that the newest iteration of forms has come leaps and bounds from the first version you mentioned and we're so excited to expand our mobile offerings to you in 2018. Stay tuned for exciting updates to come!

Great product but hard to reach customer support

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Lara K.

Vorteile: Easy to understand dashboard, and reports are organized well for end of the month reconciliation. Also nice that you can make your own tithe headings very easily.

Nachteile: Very hard to reach customer service-by phone or email. Also when printing reports they sometimes get cut off at the end--you have to size them down to see all info.

von easyTithe an 6.6.2018

Appreciate you sharing about your experience, Lara! We're glad the dashboards and reports are working well for you (though, we will pass along your feedback to the product team about what happens when you to go to print them). We're also sorry that customer service hasn't been up to snuff lately and are working hard to correct it. Please let us know if there's any other ways we can serve you better!

An Easy to Use Payment System

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Travis S.
Executive Director of Communications, Production & Technology
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I have been pleased with the system. There are some quirks at times, like the forms un-publishing, but even those situations are easy to fix.

Vorteile: The online form builder and the text to give options.

Nachteile: Sometimes the online forms will stop showing and we have to go in and reset the dates to get them back online.

Great Customer Service!

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Melissa F.
Bookkeeper
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: EasyTithe allows our congregation to make donations paperless, and more convenient for some.

Vorteile: I like that it keeps track of our donations and who is donating. Being allowed to put in many options for different types of donations is very useful.

Nachteile: The reports are limited. I would like to be able to run a report to show the transaction fee per transaction/individual, not just for the entire batch. It would be helpful if it were able to be broken out.