Über CrashPlan

Endpoint-Data-Loss-Protection- und Sicherheitsplattform, mit der kleine Unternehmen die Wiederherstellung gelöschter Dateien verwalten können und vieles mehr.

Erfahre mehr über CrashPlan

Enterprise class features like (Active) Directory integration and storing encryption keys on-site while using cloud backup.

Downloading files, viewing them, archiving and many other functions are impossible. Beyond that I was double charged two different times for two separate companies that I manage.

Bewertungen zu CrashPlan

CrashPlan hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 245 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du CrashPlan bereits verwendet?

Ray
Ray
Research and Cultural Consultant, Editor/writer, interpreter. in Kanada

I relied on Crashplan for document backup while completing my PhD abroad.

Kommentare: Outstanding performance over the 3 year period that I used it. Once my data was uploaded (it took nearly a year), I was assured that my PhD research was safe. I stopped using it because the internet in China was simply too restricted and curtailed to make it useful.

It runs continuously in the background to ensure that the files selected are backed up. The Crashplan client automatically backs up to ensure that customers are using the very latest client and are not in danger of security leaks. The Crashplan client is cross-platform and will run on Linux and Mac

Code42 appears to have removed their plan for standard household users and now only has plans for small and large businesses. Unfortunate for the average household computer user. When I used Crashplan for backup in Beijing, China, the upload speeds were horrendously slow. I assume this was not the fault of Crashplan, but the result of serious Internet throttling by the internet provider or by state security apparatus in China where all connections to the outside world are severely curtailed. Backing up 200gb of data took nearly half a year. But my experience was likely unusual. Based on other user reports of Crashplan, the upload and download speeds are quite good.

Paul
Project Manager in UK
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Capable flexible backup solution

Kommentare: I used Crashplan for several years and found it to be an excellent reliable product. I no longer used it because the home user option was withdrawn and the small business pricing was prohibitive for a home user. If the option is ever reinstated I would not hesitate in returning to use the product.

Flexibility, reliability, ease of use, configuration options. Unlimited storage, file modification history. Local backup and peer to peer options.

Withdrawal of home user option, which I understand given the economics of providing unlimited storage.

Mike
Mike
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Horrible! Stay Away!

Kommentare: I've been using Crashplan for a very long time. Primarily, for the past five years, I've used it to backup server backups, personal files, and long-term storage from my backup server. I got to the point of needing to restore the files as my local backup server RAID died and was unrecoverable. No problem, I have Crashplan... Or so I thought. It took about a week to restore all of the files. None of them were usable. They did a fantastic job if I wanted to back up the folder structure. If I wanted the data in said folders, tuff! Contacting support is a waste of time. They take, on average, three business days or more to reply, and when they do, it's generally very vague or things you've already told them you tried, didn't work, and you're looking for help. "Oh, did you try..." Yes, yes, I did, and I told you that, and it didn't work.I've tried restoring my files using multiple versions of their software, on multiple operating systems, and with different levels of permissions on the systems where the files were being restored. I get the same results every time: the folder structure and some of the archives downloads, but that's it. All of the archives are corrupt; they will not extract, and those that do are filled with thousands of empty files, no clue why. I paid for five years of service to simply run their applications because that's all it did, as far as I can tell.Simply put, STAY AWAY!

Crashplan is simple to set up and use. That's where the good ends. The software sucks. It's very resource-heavy and is written in Java so it works on all OSs. Other than that, it doesn't have anything going for it.

That I couldn't restore any of my backups... They were all corrupt.

Lisa
Vice President of Technology in USA
Bankwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable backup software that is easy to set up and use

Kommentare: CrashPlan was a very affordable online backup solution for our small business. We only have one server, and even though you can set up multiple servers and computers to use CrashPlan, we only needed one. We also set up continuous backup, but set the hours for the evening so it would not interfere with our daily work (such as Quickbooks). Our SQL data is also backed up.

We needed to find a replacement for an online backup software package that was no longer working reliably for our company. CrashPlan was easy to install and was up and running within an hour. The initial load of our data took many hours, but that is to be expected.

The reporting options are actually a bit more complex than what I need. Reports can be set up for several users, but we only have one user.

Jeff
Network Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Great for small business.

Kommentare: Very Satisfied. Easy to use and maintain.

Easy setup. constant incremental backups. Easy restore features. Great reporting. Retention.

Would be great if it worked with NAS devices.

Used to be better

It's a "set it and forget it" program which is great for backup and archiving. I loved the feature that allowed you to keep previous versions indefinitely.

They've recently changed their terms and exclude certain file types for backing up. They eliminated their lowest priced plan and only offer their more expensive plans. Since their organizational changes, I've had lots of connection errors and interruptions. Backups need to be one thing - RELIABLE

Liz
Liz
Photographer in USA

Crashplan, The Most Affordable Backup Solution

Kommentare: Overall, Crashplan has been a wonderful solution to my need for affordable cloud backups. My photography business would not continue to operate if I couldn't safely save all my work. I've had past wedding clients return five years later asking for a copy of their lost wedding photos; Crashplan will continue to enable me to ensure that I will always have an off-site copy of my work at a really affordable price.

As a professional freelance photographer, I have to backup huge amounts of data to keep my business safe. After much research, and one bad experience with a different cloud solution company, I found Crashplan (Code42) to be the most affordable system that still allows unlimited backups. They are priced extremely competitively without compromising quality.

Crashplan used to have a mobile app that allowed users to access all their backed-up files from their phones. They recently discontinued this app. I can hardly believe the company would take such a step backwards. I used the app on a regular basis to refer to documents or images that I needed to access while I was away from my computer. This convenience was one of my biggest draws to Crashplan initially; I wish they would bring back the app.

Johan
Johan
Head of IT
Verbraucherdienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

CrashPlan for the Enterprise

Kommentare: Code42 has done a fantastic job creating a solid enterprise product that is easy to use, transparent to the end-users, and backed by a company that takes an active interest in the input of their customers. Even with the trend of moving data to the cloud, end-point backup remains a critical necessity in the modern end-user computing environment. Systems fail, users delete data, users switch computers and things still go wrong and make backups a necessity. CrashPlan is equally useful for file recovery or simply moving a user to a new computer. Client backup products are not always without impact to end-point performance. CrashPlan's interface is simple and easy to use. Virtually no training is required for both end-users and administrators. Granted that backup is not an overly complicated process, but CrashPlan has refined the process better than the competition. Whether using the on-prem or off-prem option, CrashPlan provides security and stability for your company's critical data. My only real criticism with Code42, is that in the last year they have not focused sufficiently on the development of CrashPlan. I feel like they made a poor choice to focus too much on SharePlan, which was not something that was critical to their core business. CrashPlan is also a bit behind the curve on features related to legal hold and e-discovery, but they are trending in the right direction. The best part of CrashPlan is that is just works. Its a solid, well-written product with great support that give users a sense of security about the data that keeps the business working.

Easy to use Easy to administer Minimal impact to end-user performance

Code42 should focus more on the core business and less on additional offerings Legal-hold e-discovery capabilities are still immature, need more focused development

Christopher
Christopher
Owner/Senior Technician in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Great Software for Business, Slow Support, Frustraing Configurations for NAS

Kommentare: I used this service for several years with multiple PC's before the swapped to the per-device cost. It was an easy set-it-and-forget-it setup and making sure that all files were backed up. Upload speeds could be hit and miss depending on the server or time of day.

Once configured, the software is easy to maintain, do backups, and encrypt data. GUI interface is simple to use and makes restores much less painful Support can be helpful via e-mail, phone not so much.

Cost of the software seems to creep up every year, and recently have switched to a per-device cost which makes indivudal backups more expensive. Headless support is almost non-existant and a pain to set up QNAP NAS requires a community written docker container to be able to manage as a cloud backup Phone support is painfully slow to answer questions and immediately requests RDP.

Kyle
Kyle
SR IT Analyst in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

CrashSOLUTION!

Crashplan has been so helpful in helping users understand their clear and concise backup history, as well as help us identify issues before there was a problem. We have had so much minimal data loss in comparison to previous years.

it isn't free! Haha. No, but really, please take your time in reading through the documentation provided by CrashPlan to avoid issues with setup on each device during imaging.

Kathy
Webmaster in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

CrashPlan Gives Me Peace Of Mind

Kommentare: I really like CrashPlan. Most of the time, you wouldn't even know it was running ... it just does its thing! I think I have been using it for 10 or 12 years, and I have never felt the need to look for another application. I am disappointed that they no longer offer an option for personal use. I know that it says you can go with the business use option, even if you just do some freelance work with the computer you back up, but it is a little expensive for just a personal backup if the backup isn't that big. Overall though, I love CrashPlan, and recommend it to many people.

I have been using CrashPlan for many years. I used to use it for personal use, but now I use it for business use. Because I work remotely, I keep a large collection of our graphics/code files on my computer. I don't have access to a work server to keep them on, and I was always concerned about what would happen if I were robbed, or some sort of disaster happened to my home, that wiped out my computer and my local backups. CrashPlan gives me peace of mind, that my files are backed up somewhere safe. I evaluated other products, before choosing CrashPlan, and for me, CrashPlan was the winner for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason, was that if I had a computer with a smaller hard drive, and had to work off of an external hard drive for some things, CrashPlan also backed up that external hard drive to their system, as long as it was plugged into my computer. Not all backup software will do this. I also love it, because it works well on my Mac, and isn't just targeted at PC users.

Sometimes the messages that you get about backups can be misleading. It will say that you have a certain amount set for backup, and sometimes it will be a number that seems really low. Every time I have looked into this with support, it has turned out that the correct amount WAS set for backup, but I believe the email went out mid backup, and therefore gave a misleading message. Sometimes that can be a little alarming, even though there was never a true issue. The initial backup can be very slow ... like months, in my case! If I ever had to restore everything, I am sure it would take a crazy amount of time, so I would have to opt for the option where you pay to have a full hard drive mailed to you, which isn't cheap. Better than losing all your files though! That is why I also keep a local backup.

Quelle: GetApp

Continuous peace of mind and protection

Kommentare: It just runs... You go to lunch, you go into a meeting. Its running. You go on holiday its running. Code 42 platform can be used to backup end point devices throughout the world to your own private server. Code 42's cloud servers or a combination of both. You can specify global settings or individual ones. Customising to the exact level required for you or your business. It can be deployed for a few dozen machines or thousands. It gives us viability on our servers data and endpoint client activities providing more insight than just a regular backup client.

The client is customisable. It can be deployed silently and is configurable from the machine or can be locked and the configuration done via the server. New abilities allow the user to restore data form their backups if starting again on a new machine. This can aid migrations and ease pressure on facilities. Strong encryption, compression and an easy to use interface make using the client a pleasure. Documentation is very detailed and easy to read and follow along. Code42's support are extremely helpful and pleasant!

Recent redesigns of the client and server interface have left things confusing. The attempts to make the whole system minimal results in it being more difficult and annoying to use. Some features are difficult to find or too many layers deep now. The interface is also less responsive than the previous versions and often doesn't update for a long period of time. The web interface for the main server does not work properly in Safari which is a big annoyance for us and our users. Code42 seem to be continually changing the name of the product. Crashplan Pro. Crashplan ProE, now Code42 platform. It can be confusing and again frustrating. Code 42's support team are excellent! I cannot praise them enough. However I do not have the same experience with the Sales team, Code42 are after certain customers and in that refuse and do not want to help other customers which has propogated bad will throughout the community that has supported them from a startup.

Joel
Technology Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Excellent backup tool, but dropping Home product will lose customers

This was the best and lowest cost backup tool on the market...when the Home product was available. In August of 2017 Code42 shifted away from Home and is focusing on enterprise and small business. The Home product was AMAZING. It backed up quickly, offered unlimited storage, and allowed you to backup multiple computers at the same time. Plus you could back up to other friend/family's computers to avoid having to pay for the service at all. This had everything a home user could want and at an amazing price. NOTHING came close. And I mean NOTHING!

Unfortunately, Code42 has left the Home market and is focusing on enterprise and small business. For those two segments, this is a great product, but I feel like dropping the Home market is a disservice to their existing Home user base. They should have allowed existing customers to continue forward with their Home product and Home product pricing. I get that they want to change their focus, but moving away will really hurt. That's a bad thing, but it speaks to the excellence of their Home product.

Denham
IT Manager in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good backups, especially as a secondary cloud save.

Kommentare: It's a great offsite backup option, probably wouldn't make it my only backup but it is peace of mind for disaster recovery.

Decent cross platform support, not limited on backup size. It has a number of options to backup your data. Can't beat the price for the storage. Keeps deleted files indefinitly.

Runs on java, easier network and removable storage backups. More control on the backups with deletions, selections and exceptions. Verification on file backup could be better. Needs block level deduplication.

Fotografie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love this App

Kommentare: I have used for over 5 years without any issues. It updates as needed and provides backup for all my work.
A MUST HAVE feature they offer that few others have is their default option to keep 100% of your data even after you delete it off your hard drive. Most remove deleted files after only 30 days. That means if you make a mistake and remove a needed file you are out of luck. If you change out HDD due to space then all gets removed. No a good solution for total backup. This is why I have stayed with Crashplan.

this app does what is meant to do. Assuming you have a decent upload speed it can handle several GB of files and backup within a few hours. For those with normal documents the backup would be instant no matter your providers upload speed.

The cons are not against Crashplan but the needed upload speed which many providers limit. It works fine for smaller files but if sending hundreds of large image files a higher speed connection is needed to keep up.

Susan
Atty in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

This is the most obnoxious and diificult to company to deal with

Kommentare: Impossible to deal with.

Nothing. Used tio grood Now assistance is so sub par i wonder how they stay in business.

I’m not a computer expert. My computer expert finds it absolutely impossible to deal with CrashPlan. After months and months of following their suggestions, they now have asked that I personally authorize my computer expert to deal directly with CrashPlan.They are charging me double what I used to pay because we can’t fix the problem. It is impossible to deal with the same person. There’s no ticket created for the problem and I would never recommend this company.

Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Code42 CrashPlan; keep your data safe.

Kommentare: In higher education, students are reliant upon the ability for the faculty and staff to produce and support a quality product, which is their education. In order for this to happen on a consistent basis, the staff and faculty must be able to do their jobs. Data must be available all the time. But in the real world, the ongoing battle rages between those on the outside who have a desire to disrupt work with the motivation of making a profit at other's expense. There is also the battle of hardware failures, and user errors to name a few. There is so many ways to lose data, it's amazing we are able to accomplish anything at all. Enter Code42 CrashPlan. We started using this product several years ago. We started using this product several years ago. We were on a tape backup system that honesty was a poor excuse for data backup. From request to recovery was at least an 18-hour turnaround time. And recovery was a crap shoot at best. With Code42 CrashPlan, turn around is only limited by the amount of data being recovered. The more data to recover, the longer it takes to download. And 95% of the time, recovery is completed in 30 minutes or less. There have been times we were hit by ransomware viruses, but because of CrashPlan, the encrypted data was replaced in a matter of a few short hours. So we are extremely pleased with CrashPlan. We have it deployed to over 1000 machines including some servers. Training users was not a problem. The software uses very little resources which is always a plus.

Reliable backups, not dependent on platform. Peace of mind. Easy data recovery 24/7. It in your hands and in your control.

Not cheap, but well worth the expense.

Informationsdienst, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Phenomenal Live-Saver with Little Downside

Managing hundreds of computers (and the data within each) can be an enormous task, but CrashPlan organizes and manages this need impeccably. Users tend to dislike this kind of program, because they often involve interruptions of slowdowns during their work (while it backs up their files), but CrashPlan does this seamlessly behind the scenes as a non-intrusive background process. Now, any of our user's computer could crash hard, and we'd be able to recover it in very little time and with very little effort.

There's little to dislike. I wouldn't mind if it cost less, but the price is reasonable if you're protecting data of even modest value.

Darian
Senior Designer
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simply the Best

Kommentare: I am shocked by the number of people that do not have any backup whatsoever, and even more shocked when their only backup is a manual "copy from here paste to there every 6 months". Whether you are backing up your family photos, music, documents, receipts or business information, project files and work, you will find Crash Plan to be the best option both in terms of usability and cost. I've personally restored files from crash plan off of backups of computers that I no longer have because they failed, up to 2 years earlier. I back up my whole house. Offsite and every day. It's automated and you only pay around $6 a month so there is no excuse not to do it.

Peace of mind! I have over 1GB of photos as I am an avid amateur photographer of my kids and other things. I also take lots of video. It's all backed up. All of my tax returns, anything is there backed up. I've had computers die, built a new one and then adopted an existing backup so it doesn't have to redo 500-800GB of data all over.

It can take some time to initially seed your backup if you have close to 1TB or more. And the connection depends largely upon your internet connection quality. The cons are not a show stopper for me. I might miss one or two files being backed up from time to time until the next day.

Richard
IT Mgr in USA

Great backup software that is Fast, Secure, easy to use and Invisible to the user

Kommentare: Secure, Offsite Backup that is protected from ransomware. The services is extremely easy and they have great tech support for questions.

I like that it is always running in the background, backing up as people work and make changes to files. I feel secure knowing my data is encrypted and stored offsite. The software and portal are very easy to use. Customer service and Tech support are great too.

There is not much to not like with this software. It just works and does what it says it does. If you have older servers, they don't support Server 2003 so that could be a disappointment.

William
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Disappointed at the price increases.

Ok so I have been using this program for over 4 years now and still love it. Really helps to put my mind at ease. Just set it up and tell it what you want to backup and forget about it.

I hate the new backup engine. It takes so long and you can see the upload and download speed anymore in mbps, only time which is subjective and useless. I also hate the doubling of prices, its alot and I have been looking at what other options are out there but havent found anything even close to crashplan yet.

Sean
IT Support Consultant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great enterprise backup solution

Kommentare: CrashPlan has been a great product for us. We are able to easily deploy it from our deployment server with 100% confidence that it will work.

The CrashPlan agent works really well. We have not had any issues with backups not starting and we have not had to fix the agent connection once. I love the file versioning and the options for restoring files.

The web console isn't great. The UI is clunky. Assigning organizations and creating users takes a couple more clicks then it needs to.

Ofir
Ofir
Director in UK
, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Truly the worst

Kommentare: We've been using the software for 5 years and had numerous problems including stalled clients, corrupt backup archives that the software verified as good until we tried to restore. Many bugs, requiring constant tweaking of servers and clients. In addition, the CrashPlan is very slow. It can take several days to scan a machine if it has lots of files.

The offsite onsite model and general approach are great., if only it worked. Support try hard to help, but it's very time consuming.

Slow and unreliable. Bewildering UI. Update process incredibly complex.

Informationsdienst, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Crashplan is making a significant progress.

Kommentare: I have deployed Crashplan to multiple companies as a secondary, offsite backup solution.

-Simple to setup and use. -Very reliable. -Easy restores. -Unlimited retention. -Fairly inexpensive. -Server and desktop versions available.

-I feel the customer support is fairly lacking, but adequate if you are willing to wait a little bit. -I have experienced a lot of issues with creating an account and/or updating the CC recently on their website.

Verbraucherdienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great price point for unlimited backup

Kommentare: We needed offsite backups but the budget for it was tight. Crashplan fits the bill expect that the software is unreliable. Keep an eye on it to make sure it's doing its job.

Runs on server OS with unlimited backups for a flat rate. Price is exceptional and application is easy to use.

App crashes all the time and uses far more memory than it should. Frequently requires manual intervention, which is no good for a backup solution