Very VERY specialized

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Jose antonio D.
Engineer
Industrieautomation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This kind of CAD is used for making the electric diagrams in LARGE projects and you usually only make a lot of CADS at the beginning and end of the project . Since my company can only make one of this large-year-long projects at a time we only used it one or two months in the whole year.
When in comes to billing I never trust automatic systems and I wouldn't recommend anyone to do so, making that function useless to me.

Vorteile: Since most tags are made automatically or with drop down selector lost lines/devices are rare. Since is a CAD software designed ONLY for electric wiring it doesn't have tools for other functions, making it very easy to learn and fast to use.

Nachteile: You can use it for wiring diagrams and that's it. To my knowledge, it has no simulation functions.

E8 Review

Bewertet am 13.1.2019
Erika P.
Project Engineer
Forschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The experience has been great, if those bugs are fixed this software would be perfect

Vorteile: easy to use, easy to connect devices, great result

Nachteile: There are some bugs. The software suddenly stops, sometime It does no take the changes that you implement

von Radica Software an 19.2.2019

Thank you for the review Erika, we're sorry that you encountered some problem while using Electra. This is definitely not what we want our users to experience.
Please share more information with us and send us an email at support@radicasoftware.com as we hope to prevent this issue from repeating and improve user experience.

Does exactly what it says on the tin

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Mark D.
Senior Instrumentation Specalist @ Astellas FESP
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I’ve found Electra8 to be a very simple to use tool with lots of powerful features a availiable for every task I needed
Currently I’m back at college with 20years industry experience and I found Electra perfect for any projects we were given
Some of my college class mates have noted I was using Electra and remarked on its ease of use and elegant features and it compared favourably with packages they were using such as Bluebeam and Autodesk
I’ll be sticking with Electra8 when I move back to industry, just hope any new employers see it that way too

Vorteile: Easy of use
Very intuitive
A learning curve that’s very easy

Nachteile: I can’t say I found any real cons to the package, it delivered anything it promised

von Radica Software an 19.2.2019

Thank you so much for the kind words, Mark. We really appreciate you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. We're happy to hear that you will stick with us when you move back to the industry. We hope that Electra will always increase your productivity in your work. Cheers!

Electra Is worth the money

Bewertet am 20.12.2018
Nick S.
Electrical Manager
Industrieautomation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I began at the beginning of the year working on updating, and making electronic copies of our plants original 'blue' prints. In the year, I have made over 100 different prints, updated originals with pencil changes and even added new prints for new control systems via the electra software. Easy to use once the basics are learned. I have still only scratched the surface on what this program can actually do. Looking forward to much more use!

Vorteile: Ease of use once basics are leaned, all of the prebuilt symbols, ability to make custom symbols, the software

Nachteile: Kind of a steep learning curve to get the prints perfect

von Radica Software an 18.2.2019

Nick, thanks for the review!
We appreciate your time to share your experience on Electra with us. Please shoot us an email if you face any problem in exploring Electra.

Fantastic Software!!

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Industrieautomation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have saved thousands in engineering time by using this product

Vorteile: I use Electra E8 as a replacement for AutoCADe and absolutely love it. The ease of use and productivity tools make creating drawings fast and efficient. I dread going back to AutoCADe whenever one of our customer's requests it, and do everything that I can to get them to switch!

Nachteile: Requires Microsoft Visio. While I enjoy the familiarity of Microsoft Products, occasionally I run into compatibility issues that cause a crash. Luckily, I save frequently! I do not, however, choose to recover a crashed project. For some reason, it corrupts important pieces of Electra and does not function properly.

Perfect for small bussiness

Bewertet am 16.12.2018
Drew B.
Applications & Support Engineer
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall good expierance. Very good for creating standard drawings where only a few small changes will be requred between different customers. The software will become even more beneficial as we develop the component database, and learn new features.

Vorteile: Ability to update Title blocks togeter, automatic wire referencing and terminal layouts. Ability to export BOMs and cable schedules. Can export .dgw files.

Nachteile: Not easy to space things out as you need to rely on grid, can not copy from a base point like in autocad. Somtimes the program crashes and need to restart Viso. The process of creating components is not very intuitive.

Electra E8 New User

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Mark A.
Electrical Engineer
Industrieautomation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can quickly sketch up electrical design drawing over initial hand drawings. Being able to quickly bring over an existing layout from another project is a big time saver.

Vorteile: The ease of making quick electrical prints using visio. Good set of templates and predefined objects

Nachteile: Would prefer if you could set a preference setting on hiding / showing pin names on devices.

von Radica Software an 18.2.2019

Thanks Mark for the review. We're glad and proud that you can quickly get your design done. Happy that you save a big time as well.

We've take note on your suggestion on hide and show pin names and will bring it to the team. Thanks again for the support!

Electra is a cost effective way to have an Electrical CAD package

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Jim S.
Automation Specialist
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to produce professional electrical drawings. We are able to also produce hydraulic, pneumatic and process drawings. This allows us to produce these drawings without spending a lot of money or time.

Vorteile: This is the easiest software to learn on the market. Running on top of Visio mean Radica focused on their portion and not the back end, Visio is easy to use, Electra has that same ease of use feel.

Nachteile: Malaysia support. It take a day, at minimum, to get support. I tested the software locally but we purchased the Enterprise Floating license option. We went through some issues getting that going which I didn't experience with the trial version.

Electra Review

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Jorge M.
Electrical Engineer
Glas, Keramik & Beton, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it is being rich. I have done quite some projects nicely.

Vorteile: Very fast learning curve. I was able to create layouts right away.

Nachteile: I have problem with the Title block because I couldn't create a common control diagram where the reference number are on the left side of the sheet. I had to do my costume format but I can't use the automatic numbering for the cable. I did it manually.

Electra 8

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Dean H.
director
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Nice and easy to drag and drop pre made symbols

Nachteile: nothing at the moment still trying to learning all the functions

von Radica Software an 18.2.2019

Thanks for the awesome review, Dean! We're glad that Electra is easy for you to work on. For more information on tutorials and tips, you may refer https://radicasoftware.com/electrical-drawing-support.php
Hope it helps and thanks again for the support.

Electra Review

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
John S.
Team Leader Test equipment
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Drawing a electric diagramm is only a fraction of the work we do and therefore I appreciate the simplicity and easy-to-use-ness of Electra E8: No annual education and an affordable price. The best thing is the automatic update of wire links between the pages and the automatic location of contacts.

Vorteile: That it's integrated in Visio, a very powerful tool and drawings are beside Electra's abilities highly customisable.

Nachteile: The incountable connections behind which may also fail, especially if you try "UNDO" functions.

electra e8

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Dave T.
director
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Time to produce drawings and better drawings has reduced.....says it all.

Vorteile: Easy, quick drawings. lots of great symbols
pre made circuits are good.
snaps work well.
great addition to visio.

Nachteile: more 3d layout items
it dose not to the drawings while i sleep
its not free

Great product, still issues

Bewertet am 17.5.2019
Controls Engineer
Industrieautomation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great solution for panel electrical.

Vorteile: Very easy to use. Takes some learning to develop your own symbols

Nachteile: I still have issues where the drawing freezes and the software menus disappear. Have had tech support fix drawings several times. Not sure of the cause.

Good Software

Bewertet am 23.2.2019
Aaron M.
Mechanical Engineer
Medizinische Geräte, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Allows me to make the detailed electrical schematics that I need while keeping things organized

Nachteile: Sometimes getting wires to line up properly can be a little challenging.

Electra’s for electricians

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Tom B.
Electrician
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cost effective and quick solutions for ascon installations and job explaining

Vorteile: Simplicity to draw quick schematics on the fly

Nachteile: Big files seemed to lag and crash and fail to re open

A great starter

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Scott J.
Technical Design & Support Manager
Metallabbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use with lots of costing options

Nachteile: Its a plugin to another product (Visio).