Über Blackboard Learn

Durch die innovative Technologie und Dienstleistungen hilft Blackboard for Business Unternehmen dabei, Weiterbildung in einen strategischen Vorteil zu verwandeln.

Erfahre mehr über Blackboard Learn

I'm paying for the courses because institutions are supposed to pay for the use of the platform. But it happens frequently that the platform is down.

Bewertungen zu Blackboard Learn

3,9
4,0

Blackboard Learn hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 513 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Blackboard Learn bereits verwendet?

Crystal

Nhat
Instructor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Blackboard Learn Review

Kommentare: I had great experience with Blackboard Learn and I will continue to use it in the future. I have not found any other education software out there that can do what Blackboard Learn does.

It is easy to use and has all of the feature I need like auto grade, the ability to create quiz and text on the fly and allow the student to get involved in the discussion.

There is nothing I do not like about the software.

Jamie
Jamie
Salesforce Developer + Admin in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Reliable where it counts

Blackboard is a rather intuitive learning platform, packed with a huge amount of features. If you need it for your school, it can be done. There were also a number of training materials and good customer support. It's reliable, which means students and instructors will know when to expect outages and prepare accordingly.

The UI, until recently, was a bit stale and outdated in appearance. Thankfully this has been updated and seems more modernistic now. It is also a bit more expensive than alternatives.

Jocelyn
Student in USA
E-Learning, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

An Honest Review of Blackboard

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Blackboard was the tool faculty used most to relay any information about grades, curriculum changes, and other announcements. It made it easier to navigate individual courses, especially in the circumstances in which I needed to miss class. I used Blackboard for four years and could not have survived college without it.

I think the biggest con of Blackboard Learn is the esthetics. Unlike other learning management systems such as Canvas, the Blackboard Learn interface simply feels a little more outdated. That being said, with this being my main con, it was overall a wonderful tool in my undergraduate education.

Professor
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

a Long Term User's Honest Experience

Kommentare: Quick background, was in high tech sales and marketing for many years prior to teaching and heavily involved with custom Computer Graphics systems since Time Arts Lumena was around (predecessor to Photoshop). Check out my LinkedIn profile for more details. On to the product review -- I've been using Blackboard for *many* years, and have been teaching (and doing) Web Design and Development since 1993. I'm retiring shortly, so I can be absolutely frank and honest about my experience with this app without fear of upsetting IT folks or admins that I would have to work with in the future. Truthfully, the ONLY reason I use this app is because I have no alternative at the College where I teach and it gives the students easy access to information, but so would any LMS (Learning Management System). The UIX (User Interface Experience) is incredibly archaic and counter-intuitive. It's also painfully slow to use, as it does constant server requests (just paste the URL for a Blackboard connection into http://www.webpagetest.org/ for testing). Sometimes one single click every 15 seconds is all the system will react to when I'm using the grade book, etc. -- in the "real" world, without captive users, no one would ever return to a site with those response times. To be fair to Blackboard, part of that may (or may not) be our schools network or Blackboard interface setup. As far as usability, Blackboard needs to let the User Interface and UIX designers (if they even had any) direct the techs and coders. It's *very* obvious that it's been the reverse, . They should 'steal' some Apple UIX people and give them some *real* power to direct how the app works and what it looks like. I've just finished using Blackboard for 3 hours+ doing things that should have taken 1 hour or less had the interface been optimized and more thought out. For example, under the 'Assignments' and 'Course Documents' sections there is no easy way to reorder or batch select using something basic like check boxes or a multi-select hot keys. Also, any NEW assignment or document post goes to the BOTTOM (the absolute reverse of a Blog post) So I need to drag it back to the top (where it logically should go). However, even that is awkward, since when I drag to the top of the browser the window does not auto-scroll. I have to hold the left mouse button at the same time as I use my middle finger to roll the mouse wheel -- duh!!. There IS a small text window pop-up accessed via an archaic icon to reorder posts, however, that shows only 5 assignment titles at a time (no window resize function to show more than 5). I can reorder them there, but need to do a single mouse click each time it moves up one position, but again, with no way to see more than 5 and no way to multi-select. So, if I have 50 course documents and want to shift 5 new documents to the top (where they belong) that's almost 250 mouse clicks to re-position 5 documents to where they should be in the first place - duh!! In Gradebook it only shows 10 students listed by default. I can change the setting up to 50 but the next time I go back it's back or need to refresh something -- it's back to 10. It doesn't save defaults or give me a choice. This may seem to be nit-picking, but over the period of a 14 week semester that's a lot of wasted time time and clicks. I'm going to end my review here as I have more work to do, but when I saw a 4 star review for this LMS being the solo review I had to balance it out. Bottom line is, the concept is good -- many, many modules/tools in a LMS bundled package but the execution is absolutely awful. Just Google search 'Blackboard sucks' or 'I hate Blackboard' if you want real faculty and user opinions sans any marketing spin. Other telltale signs are when a company start to lose long-term clients. Ryerson University in Toronto just did a switch from Blackboard after "a multi-year consultation process". More on that process is here http://lms.blog.ryerson.ca/ Hopefully that last paragraph doesn't get censored, because that's the source of raw truth.

1. it's an LMS and something is better than nothing. 2. It's full of examples I can show my students on how not to do UI and UIX 3. Well established company is behind it 4. Modular front-end 5. Many bells and whistles

1. Counter intuitive, clunky, awkard UI (User Interface) - improve it by hiring UI/UIX experts and giving them actual control over the app interface and functions. 2. Slow (even when on the same network node or high speed cable connection) - needs a code rewrite/optimization. 3. Ancient aesthetics (although some design elements are now "flat design-ish") - hire UI and UIX designers and actually allow them to direct the final interface. 4. Many glitches (I've a folder full of screen-shots, if you want proof) - again a code rewrite needed, or ideally a complete start-over with newer code philosophies and methods.

Mark
Adjunct Profesor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Blackboard Learn

The flexibility to update information and make changes to coursework is good. If a student publishes an assignment, such as a paper, incorrectly I am able to reset the assignment on an individual basis without opening it up to the entire class.

With the more frequent use of mobile devices, Blackboard needs to be more mobile-friendly. Some screens, such as the grade book, offer limited functionality when accessed on a mobile device such as an iPad.

Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A decent LMS, but there are better ones out there that have less workability issues

Kommentare: I have used both Blackboard and Moodle in the past, and I found them very similar for what they offered. I would have been fine using Blackboard indefinitely had I not found out about Canvas, which is what we are using now and I am absolutely it's biggest fan!

I used Blackboard for almost 10 years, and it was a decent LMS for my needs. When Blackboard Collaborate came out, it was even better because it added a new layer of possibilities (I could have several webinar/conversations going, merge conversations, and/or present to different groups at one time). However, there were always bugs in the system, even though we updated constantly. The Blackboard app was also very limited.

Too many bugs and freezes; many of my students had issues with accessing links when they used different internet browsers. Good for a small school or business, but not larger ones.

Eduardo
Eduardo
Student in Mexiko
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, Selbstständig

Blackboard, learn in a complex fashion

Kommentare: If you compare this to operating systems, blackboard provides a more linux/windows experience. The platform is robust and complex with a lot to offer, but this pro at the same time makes it a downside since it is not user friendly compared to other market competitors. As a student who used it for 3+ years. I understand and appreciate what the platform provides but I prefer simplicity over complexity.

The big scale design of the platform is ideal to have all your academic needs in one. Access to a combine calendar allowing for easy visualization of homeworks, projects and tasks. Easy view of currents classes and course materials. With the years of experience this platform is reliable and complete.

Even though the complexity is robust, sometimes it can be overwhelming for students and ease of access across the platform is not the best compared to other market competitors.

Andrea
Andrea
Content Creator and Social Media Marketing Manager in Mexiko
Rundfunkmedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

After the pandemic, Blackboard Learn became a staple for online education

I like that it organizes courses in a very neat way, the website is easy to navigate and looks great visually. The calendar is very helpful.

It's not very easy to use for teachers. They often have a hard time understanding all of the features Blackboard provides.

Cooper
Office Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Crissssp and Clean

The layout, the crispy clean look and feel it has. Blackboard has come along way and they just keep getting better and better.

I feel like there was something missing that I couldn't put my finger one but overall such a great product!

Jasmine
Assistant in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Greatest experience.

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience with Blackboard is great, The best online classroom ever i really do love it.

I love everything about Blackboard Learn I love that I can see and check on my grades weekly Try to turn items in as well that are late. I love that I can reach out to my teacher whenever I need their help with things as well.

Sometimes if would freeze or log me out if you are not active in your session. but anything else i love it.

Debbie
Manager in Neuseeland
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Blacboard Learn from a Person who is not techie

Kommentare: Improving student engagement and outcomes Streamlining course management Enhancing collaboration and communicationImproving reporting and analyticsI could elaborate but theres not enough room hereBenefitsUser-friendly interface, Blackboard Learn has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for teachers and students to use.Customizable content The platform allows teachers to create and upload their own course content, including multimedia materials, assignments, and assessments , Real-time feedback,Blackboard Learn provides real-time feedback to students, which can help improve their learning outcomes. Analytics, Integration, Improved student engagement and outcomes

User-friendly interface: Blackboard Learn has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for teachers and students to use.Customizable content: The platform allows teachers to create and upload their own course content, including multimedia materials, assignments, and assessments.Real-time feedback: Blackboard Learn provides real-time feedback to students, which can help improve their learning outcomes.Analytics: The platform provides detailed analytics and reporting capabilities, allowing teachers to monitor student progress and make data-driven decisions to improve their teaching.Integration: Blackboard Learn integrates with other tools and platforms, such as Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, and more, making it easy to share and access course materials.

Cost: Blackboard Learn can be expensive for schools, especially when compared to other learning management systems.Technical issues: Some users have reported technical issues with Blackboard Learn, such as slow performance and system crashes.Limited customization options: While the platform allows for some customization, some users have reported that it is limited compared to other learning management systems.

Cary
Assistant Professor - History in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

True and Tried (but also Tired)

Kommentare: Please see above :). I've used BB since I was in college (back in the aughts) and regret that my future students at CSUSB will not have access to it moving forward. Even still, I likely won't miss the gradebook, though Canvas' leaves much to desire as well...

I know it extremely well, find it to be easy to operate, think its features are strong and easily accessible, and have had very few incidents with students being totally baffled by it. We switched to Canvas this year, and I rue the day the decision was made.

The GUI for our version of Blackboard was extremely dated (we did not use Ultra, which frankly seems like a Canvas clone). I would offer the following analogy... Blackboard : Canvas :: PowerPoint : Keynote (... and I'm a PC user). It's boxy, somewhat drab, and looks a bit 'late Geocities // Fark.com'-era. EVEN STILL: I don't mind it - I'd rather have functionality than aesthetics, which is the tradeoff made with Canvas. DEADLY SERIOUS NOTE HERE: The BB Gradebook has always been, continues to be, and seemingly will forever remain an enormous hassle. It is slow, tedious to adjust, difficult to manage, and user unfriendly.

Cody
Director of Online Learning and Instructional Technology in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Blackboard works well enough, still trying to catch up.

Kommentare: Blackboard works well enough for what we need to use it for. There are other LMS that work equally as well, if not better, so there is healthy competition to push Blackboard to improve.

Blackboard is a relatively stable platform with few major bugs that restrict users from completing tasks. It has a long history and many users are familiar with the LMS.

Some of the tools don't always work as smoothly as you'd like. They are making major improvements but there are still issues that come up to make it a cohesive experience and tools not feel as disjointed.

Hannah
Clerical Assistant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Needs some work for organization

Kommentare: Not great. If I were to choose, I would go with canvas, which my university will be switching to in the next four years.

Probably my favorite thing about this software is how you can link videos, external links, and also professors can create quizzes, assignments, and tests on the platform and select various settings for their individual assignment/assessment. I LOVE taking tests on here because they are straight forward.

They really need to add a "flag" feature to the tests that are made and administered through the program. There have been many times when I am taking a long multiple-choice test and am not sure of the answer but then remember it 20 questions later, but by that time I can't find the original question that I remembered the answer for. The organization of this information system is, however, trash. Navigating around the site between classes and tabs within each class is annoying and not very intuitive. The way the site is made reminds me of someone trying to make a sign with a lot of diverse information, but everything on the sign is 12pt time new roman font - there's little differentiation between different ideas and concepts.

Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Well established platform

Kommentare: I am consulting for two institutions - the one a large higher education institution - 45 000+ Blackboard users - self hosted and the other - smaller business school - 1000+ Blackboard users - hosted. I present training and support to the faculty on how to use the LMS. Although one can discover a lot for yourself using the Blackboard help site, there are a few tips and tricks that make life a lot easier which is not always that intuitive. Problems that we are trying to solve: changing the faculty's teaching philosophy from traditional lecture based teaching to a more active learning environment. Blackboard certainly address that well - as long as you plan your activities properly, you can get excellent feedback for example let the students read or view a video on a specific concept and then let them write a pre-test before they come to the lecture. This will help you to identify where the gaps still exist which you can address then in class. Also using a flipped class room approach - Blackboard can be used to assist you in flipping your class room where you can also monitor and track which of your students engaged beforehand. I have been using WebCT and then Blackboard.

Everything is in one space - lots of tools - the sky is really the limit. I also like the Best Practice parts of the help site - it helps you to get ideas of how you can use the tools.

In terms of support from Blackboard, sometimes the person who receives the inquiry do not read properly or English is a second language because we often have to explain again and again before they understand - that is the only frustration I currently have with the support. It is unfortunately a very expensive product since the institutions are not based in the USA and therefore we are subjected to the exchange rate.

anitha
postdoc in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

blackboard Learn for undergraduate classes

Kommentare: I used blackboard as a graduate student and I have been using it now as an instructor for my larger chemistry classes with 200 to 250 students, and it is really very helpful, makes my classes run smoothly.

it is easy to post all assignments, class materials, notes and grades using blackboard. Especially for larger classes I don't have to print the paper copy, posting the class material on blackboard will help students to print and refer to the material easily. Gradebook is one of the best features of blackboard, I have quizzes almost everyday for my students, posting these quizzes grades were very straightforward using blackboard. I have also used blackboard for online quizzes and exams, and for lab exams.

Blackboard gets slower when many people are using at the same time and some times it becomes unavailable due to maintenance(but we do get notice prior to it). other than that I had no issue with it.

Joel Thomas
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

As both a teacher and a student - Blackboard works for me

Kommentare: Make sure you explore the user guides and options, blackboard can be a powerful tool but some of it's features are less than obvious!

As a instructor blackboard lets me integrate a lot of different types of media through Kaltura, structure time released content ,vary assessments, and deliver individualized learning opportunities. All of these elements are crucial to my instruction. As a student, I get mobile access and notifications about grades, announcements, and course changes that help me manage my learning.

While the features are wonderful, they are somewhat convoluted to properly utilize, requiring more steps than I would like, and can sometimes be "hidden" in such ways that I have to refer back to user guides because it's not a very intuitive integration. Therefore, as a student, I find many of my professors do not fully take advantage of the learning management system because they have limited knowledge.

Katie
Teacher in Kanada
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Blackboard learn- a need for updates

Easy to create tests and assessments and grading them. Things were laid out and easy to find.

Looks old and outdated. Needs to be cleaner and conscise.

Juliano Carlos
Network Administrator in Brasilien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great and Powerful LMS - Blackboard.

The way we can review the documents; The better way to report plans localized to the group. I can gauge what matters more simple and directely. I like all the information, the trend is in one space, graphed automatically and an easy way of collaboration and track deliverables.

We don't have any major issues using Blackboard. It is a really good service for us!

Delaney
Legal Intern in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Complicated but Helpful

Kommentare: The layout is more complex, and has a great many details missing from other platforms, but it is less streamlined for it. Helpful once you know what you are doing.

This software has little details on the student side that is missing from other learning platforms, like specialized involvement for presenting or using collaborative videos/meetings. It gives the students more freedoms and ways to ask questions without leaving the teacher unable to see or change needed items.

It was difficult to learn once you open the program, and there is not a tutorial or walkthrough for the overall site. You have to explore on your own, and it can be tough.

Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Blackboard

Kommentare: This is our LMS system and we are in general very happy with it.

I have found it easy to use and easy to get used to. I like the value that it brings to the educational experience.

It's not the most modern product. That being said all the tools exist once you get used to it and find them.

Rachel
Student & TA in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

An effective tool, worth the cost

Blackboard is a well-created product that is easy to navigate for both administrators and students. It was intuitive to follow the flow a path to find content needed at a given time. There was no confusion to find lecture notes, grades, or messages from an administrator. I have used multiple learning management systems, and BBL is my favorite

Blackboard was more costly than other competitors, so our organization had to transition tools because of this.

Elena
Lecturer in USA
E-Learning, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Using BB

Kommentare: I have a good platform for online and in-person lessons.

Simple in use, easy to explore. It didn't take too much time to get used to this product

Not enough functionality - no options for embedded videos, you can not insert links or audio files in the body of the learning module, only below.

Rebekah
Sole Proprietor in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Functional, with some philosophical flaws

Kommentare: It served its purpose and I don't recall any major issues with use, but when I graduated high school I was delighted to switch to Canvas in college instead. Everything about Blackboard struck me, as a student, as outdated and depressing.

Blackboard is easy to learn and usually intuitively easy for any goal you have. It helps coordinate large teams or classes, and with creative use can be set up to use most styles of teaching (group discussions, online learning, video/attachments, etc).

My concerns with Blackboard are at the philosophical level. From the way it is systematically set up, you can tell that it uses some outdated methods of teaching. Use as a student can feel oppressive, with students too easily shut down and overruled and the general aesthetic vibe being a bit darker and more confined than examples such as Canvas.

Krystal
Instructor in USA
E-Learning, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Gets better every year

I like that I can add content, links, video's that can be played right from Blackboard. Each year this system gets better and more versatile to use. It also does not require much training to lean how to use it which make it user friendly on both sides. I also like that I can pull it up on my my phone even if the fromat is not always right.

It can be hard to find certain things and often tabs are hidden withing other tabs. This an also be frustrating to students when trying to locate content. The mobile app does also have some kinks, it does not format well. It is nice to check things like grades but not alot of work can be done from the mobile app.