Über Blackboard Learn

Durch die innovative Technologie und Dienstleistungen hilft Blackboard for Business Unternehmen dabei, Weiterbildung in einen strategischen Vorteil zu verwandeln.

Erfahre mehr über Blackboard Learn

It was great at the time but we ended up replacing it with a home-grown system that was very similar. I wonder if it was pricey or the customizable options weren't what the university needed.

I don't like how Blackboard constant go through changes and is often down or having technical issues that'll need to be passed onto customer service.

Bewertungen zu Blackboard Learn

3,8
3,9
4,0
3,9

Blackboard Learn hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 361 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Blackboard Learn bereits verwendet?

Axel M.
Axel M.
Student in Mexiko
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Good tool for any student

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I used it through my entire High School, and I never experienced any kind of technological issue.

It is a very advanced educational software. It has any kind of tool that you can imagine that can help to be organized and responsible.

I have nothing to complain about this software.

Cary B.
Assistant Professor - History in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

True and Tried (but also Tired)

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Please see above :). I've used BB since I was in college (back in the aughts) and regret that my future students at CSUSB will not have access to it moving forward. Even still, I likely won't miss the gradebook, though Canvas' leaves much to desire as well...

I know it extremely well, find it to be easy to operate, think its features are strong and easily accessible, and have had very few incidents with students being totally baffled by it. We switched to Canvas this year, and I rue the day the decision was made.

The GUI for our version of Blackboard was extremely dated (we did not use Ultra, which frankly seems like a Canvas clone). I would offer the following analogy... Blackboard : Canvas :: PowerPoint : Keynote (... and I'm a PC user). It's boxy, somewhat drab, and looks a bit 'late Geocities // Fark.com'-era. EVEN STILL: I don't mind it - I'd rather have functionality than aesthetics, which is the tradeoff made with Canvas. DEADLY SERIOUS NOTE HERE: The BB Gradebook has always been, continues to be, and seemingly will forever remain an enormous hassle. It is slow, tedious to adjust, difficult to manage, and user unfriendly.

Michael M.
Director of the Global Stuudio in USA

BlackBoard Learn is a Relic of a Bygone Era

2 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have used BlackBoard Learn for 5 years now, and I can report that it's a tool that I've tolerated with a fair degree of frustration, as opposed to a tool that I'd relish and recommend to others.

BlackBoard Learn is a reliable tool for basic communication, content collection, and assessments. There are convenience factors baked into its framework in the sense that instructors can readily copy and reuse materials from earlier semesters, but other capabilities have far surpassed the benefits of this complacency factor. Also, the price point of BlackBoard Learn is extremely compelling, and they have reliable customer support and service.

Doing anything on BlackBoard Learn requires significantly more clicks and testing than competing products. The design is clunky, and it directly contradicts the instructional delivery of faculty who know what else is out there, as well as the learning-design preferences of Gen-Z students.

Gerald S.
Design, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Blackboard as a home base for college students

Kommentare: I had a fairly pleasant experience with blackboard, i was able to do much of the tasks I expect to be able to do on an LMS. I just wish that the design interface would be more simple and modern. Also more functionalities and integrations would be nice. Eg: opening a pdf file on blackboard directly instead of a redirection to a page or a pop up

I like that it is fairly easy to use. Users don’t require extensive training to be able to use the product, and I like that as a student I can upload assignments and get learning modules from the same place, so it is convenient.

I think the user interface design is a bit outdated. It is less appealing than other LMS such as canvas learn. I also hear a lot of my professors complain about how complicated it is on their side to navigate blackboard due to the repetitiveness and redundancy of blackboard.

Stephanie M.
E-Learning, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Platform For My College Courses

4 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall I would recommend blackboard learn to others it’s an easy way to access your grades your courses and assignments for your college course that you’re taking. There are some things that can be fixed like the interface to make it easier for people to see certain things but overall I would recommend blackboard.

What I like the most about Blackboard Learn is the easy navigation of looking up my college courses. I am able to see what is due for each class on the calendar. I also love that I can get notifications that something is graded especially if it is for an assignment or test that I am waiting to see my grade.

One thing I don’t like about Blackboard is that there are outages and glitches sometimes and there is no notification about when it will be fixed or if it is ever going to be fixed. Another thing is the interface can be confusing to some people and may take some time to get used to.

Prutha P.
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great LMS

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall Blackboard Learn is super beneficial and crucial to classroom learning.

This LMS software was used before virtual learning and was just as useful when the switch to virtual learning occurred.

The visual aspect was something that could be improved.

Sriram C.
Associate Professor in USA

Blackboard Learn is an excellent Learning Management System

5 letzten Monat Neu

Blackboard Learn has an easy to use assessment management system that allows faculty to share documents with colleagues and administrators that allow for assessing both online, hybrid, and fully in-person courses for accreditation purposes.

Blackboard Learn has an easy to use customizable reports that are simple to generate and share with colleagues and administrators. However, I rarely use this feature but it might be good for administrators who assess faculty performance for promotion and tenure evaluations.

Quinlan P.
Graduate Instructor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Strong Virtual Classroom Organization

5 letzten Monat Neu

Blackboard Learn allowed me to create an online classroom for my students with ease and detail. It was easy to create weekly folders and announcements about assignments - and send individual reminders to all of the students so they stay on track - all while easily keeping track of grades.

For some instructors, it was difficult to get a hang of the details of the software. There are areas where it could be more user friendly for those who aren't as comfortable with trail and error software learning.

Mahmut halil O.
Student in UK
Forschung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A necessary software for online education future

4 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Blackboard has a good potential to fill the gap in today's teaching system (online education). However, developers need to consider customer feedback and make improvements regarding the feedback. Especially, the mobile version must be fixed.

An easy and simple interface for the browser use. The software is always updated for performance improvements. There is good interaction between learners and course leaders.

The mobile application of the software is not stable and not easy to use. Also, customization of the interface is a bit complex.

Abigail H.
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Fine product, needs updating

3 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Blackboard Learn helps students stay organized during the semester or course they are taking by having all the documents, videos, etc. that the teacher would like to share with them all in one place. But, Blackboard Learn is becoming very outdated and could use some serious UI updates, especially when compared to Canvas.

It's nice to have all the assignments, documents, and grades in one place. This helps to avoid professors handing out tons of papers or sending emails all the time. The mobile app sends push notifications about grades or upcoming assignment deadlines which is nice.

I have noticed some glitches using Blackboard (didn't get notifications, etc). The UI on the computer is outdated and counterintuitive in some ways for both students and instructors. The online service is completely different from the app version which can also be a problem. The online UI needs to be updated to look more like the app.

Nhat N.
Nhat N.
Instructor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Blackboard Learn Review

Kommentare: I had great experience with Blackboard Learn and I will continue to use it in the future. I have not found any other education software out there that can do what Blackboard Learn does.

It is easy to use and has all of the feature I need like auto grade, the ability to create quiz and text on the fly and allow the student to get involved in the discussion.

There is nothing I do not like about the software.

Signe J.
Signe J.
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Simplifies Grades, Course Communications, & Materials Distribution

Kommentare: There are a lot of learning management systems out there, and I've used several of them. Blackboard is my favorite. It has excellent capabilities, improves organization, and makes it very easy to communicate with students.

Blackboard is a great tool for communicating with students, distributing course materials, and recording student grades. The "one-stop shopping" approach makes it easy for professors to stay organized in each class, and it also makes it easy for students to stay organized. When used well, Blackboard allows you to do everything from communicating with students to uploading assignment sheets to sending class announcements. As a writing professor, I especially appreciate the SafeAssign feature that checks student assignments for plagiarism. Once I started requiring my students to use SafeAssign, I found that plagiarism attempts dropped off significantly. (So did attempts to recycle papers from one course to another.) In addition, SafeAssign saves me a lot of leg work when students DO plagiarize -- it flags the suspect text as well as the source, so I don't have to hunt it down myself.

For me, Blackboard wasn't intuitive to learn. Even after 7 years of using it nearly ever day during the semester, I had some challenges making it do what I wanted it to do. I often spent far more time than I should have trying to customize things for my courses. But, as long as I stuck to the basic features -- which are also the ones I personally found most useful/beneficial -- Blackboard was a great tool for organizing my courses and keeping students on track.

Tanay D.
Software Developer in Indien
Unterhaltungselektronik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Wow..an excellent online Learning platform

Kommentare: Pandemic-related problems with submitting assignments and accessing information for my online and face-to-face classes. It has become increasingly apparent to me as I progress through graduate school that this site will be useful not only for my coursework, but also for group presentations and collaboration with other students.

My assignments and materials are organized in one place. As of the most recent update, it is now much easier to use than it used to be. Assigning assignments and adding details to classes has never been simpler. Now, it's much easier to use than it was before. The process of giving students feedback and organizing my responses is simple. It's also how I communicate with them. As a result, it's easy to refer back to them and remember what I said. I also like that Blackboard integrates well with other apps. When it comes to presentations, I rely heavily on VoiceThread and Panopto. GoReact and Top Hat are also on my to-do list.

An update to the mobile app is still in order. There is a lot of work to be done on this project. On the web, the user experience was much better.

Professor of Science in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A decent LMS, but there are better ones out there that have less workability issues

Kommentare: I have used both Blackboard and Moodle in the past, and I found them very similar for what they offered. I would have been fine using Blackboard indefinitely had I not found out about Canvas, which is what we are using now and I am absolutely it's biggest fan!

I used Blackboard for almost 10 years, and it was a decent LMS for my needs. When Blackboard Collaborate came out, it was even better because it added a new layer of possibilities (I could have several webinar/conversations going, merge conversations, and/or present to different groups at one time). However, there were always bugs in the system, even though we updated constantly. The Blackboard app was also very limited.

Too many bugs and freezes; many of my students had issues with accessing links when they used different internet browsers. Good for a small school or business, but not larger ones.

Rafael P.
Rafael P.
Undergraduate Finalist Student in Portugal
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

One of the best e-learning softwares for (higher) education

Kommentare: My overall experience with Blackboard Learn is amazing, since it is a platform that has all the features (and beyond) I need for higher education (as a student).
The communication and course management are just spot on.
I feel this software has a great potential and amazing capabilities and it is definitely my favorite e-learning platform. I could easily recommend it to any higher education student/teacher.

What I like the most about Blackboard Learn is the amazing and complete features it offers to its users. I use this software for higher education (as a student) and it is very complete and reliable. I can track all my courses, appointments, works, grades, files and many more in the same place, which is perfect for me. I also like the fact I can communicate with my teachers within this platform and the possibility to activate the email notifications for every course is a great add-up for this software.

What I like the least about this software is the User Interface (UI), as I consider the navigability could be better and the features could yet be more accessible and easier to use. Other than that, I don't have any other "complaints" about Blackboard Learn. I may mention that in the beginning of the pandemic, with the introduction of online classes, this software was a life-saver and my institution needed to contact the support team, who was very responsive and agile to solve all the issues at that time.

Luis carlos C.
Luis carlos C.
Professor in Guatemala
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Does the job and has everything you need

Kommentare: I like that it does a little bit of everything. Some other professors at my university liked to rely on BB Learn for everything, including video-conference and online exams. Being as feature rich as it is, BB Learn has the problem that the user interface might be very challenging for some people. I guess you either really like it or really don't, so when it doesn't click you can get frustrated by a lot of things. Still, for the people loving it, they will make the most out of it. One of the best tools out there. Easy to recommend for general purposes.

I like that if you're a power user and your students get into it, this is probably the only eLearning tool you will ever need. It has everything from homework assignments to actual video-conference; besides of the usual tools like forums and work groups. The online exams are very useful, specially if you don't want to manually grade tons and tons of tests.

I don't like the user interface. Most of the tools are one more click away than I think they should. Very useful things like the exams are really powerful, but creating them is so awkward that sometimes you prefer to just handle a document.

Eugenio C.
Professor in Spanien
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

How a big platform loose the ranking

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The mobolebapp is not functional, there is no gamification nor maestries.

I like the advertisements they did in the past, everyone knew how expensive and famous it was.

They did not innovate, they both a lot of little competitors and lately they are selling them because that strategy has lost again more innovative platforms and cheaper.

Brian C.
Sr. Health data analyst in
Medizinische Praxis, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great way to manage several classes with great flexibility to match personal style

Kommentare: Overall it’s an improvement over just 20 years ago when a syllabus and careful listening were the only way to connect with students. Also, I’ve had great success sharing ideas with colleagues. Of course, faculty can be just irritating as the abovementioned students. I’d say an “ignore” buttons would make this score go from a 7 to a 9.

I love the ability to reach all of my students or any subgroup in multiple ways. For example, personalized announcement, group emails, meeting and grading in realtime, scheduling office hours, and getting notifications are just a few of the native services, and each can be customized l.

The law of unintended consequences applies directly to blackboard. The same convenient and varied options that make the product great also give students more access (and wildly unrealistic expectations) to their professors. This is great for the 5% of students who have helpful and legitimate questions, but obnoxious for those who expect instant responses, midnight submissions, and A grades for D papers because “they clearly are trying. Just look at their blackboard logs and see!”

Gabriela R.
Gabriela R.
Employee in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Blackboard LMS for Business Review

Kommentare: My overall experience with Blackboard LMS Business is always amazing! It has helped and improved my grade so much because it lets me know ahead of time when assignments are due, which has helped be more organized as well. I love this software so much and I suggest everyone to use this!

A feature that I love the most about this software is it allows teachers to upload assignments online to eliminate the use of paper. This software is such an easy to use software and really simple to change any settings for the liking of your choice. What I also love about this is that it is a good platform to take tests and quizzes, which is super amazing because it is not confusing at all. I absolutely love this and it has helped be more organized!

A feature that I would like to see in the future is the mobile app, it could use a little improvement and it is a bit slow, but the desktop version is amazing so it does not really bother me because I usually check and do everything through my desktop. I still absolutely love this software.

Kayla K.
Biotechnologie, Selbstständig

BlackBoard as a student

Kommentare: It's super easy to navigate and find all your resources on. It's well organized and I love it.

I really like using blackboard. It is a lot better than other programs I've had to learn for school. It is super easy to navigate. You can find all your assignments there. There's a calendar to make when assignments are due. My favorite part I think, is the fact that you can email another student through blackboard. So if you are doing a project and you've never met your partner, or don't have their information, you can email them through blackboard.

There really isn't anything that I don't like about it.

Hannah D.
Clerical Assistant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Needs some work for organization

Kommentare: Not great. If I were to choose, I would go with canvas, which my university will be switching to in the next four years.

Probably my favorite thing about this software is how you can link videos, external links, and also professors can create quizzes, assignments, and tests on the platform and select various settings for their individual assignment/assessment. I LOVE taking tests on here because they are straight forward.

They really need to add a "flag" feature to the tests that are made and administered through the program. There have been many times when I am taking a long multiple-choice test and am not sure of the answer but then remember it 20 questions later, but by that time I can't find the original question that I remembered the answer for. The organization of this information system is, however, trash. Navigating around the site between classes and tabs within each class is annoying and not very intuitive. The way the site is made reminds me of someone trying to make a sign with a lot of diverse information, but everything on the sign is 12pt time new roman font - there's little differentiation between different ideas and concepts.

Consultant in
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Well established platform

Kommentare: I am consulting for two institutions - the one a large higher education institution - 45 000+ Blackboard users - self hosted and the other - smaller business school - 1000+ Blackboard users - hosted. I present training and support to the faculty on how to use the LMS. Although one can discover a lot for yourself using the Blackboard help site, there are a few tips and tricks that make life a lot easier which is not always that intuitive. Problems that we are trying to solve: changing the faculty's teaching philosophy from traditional lecture based teaching to a more active learning environment. Blackboard certainly address that well - as long as you plan your activities properly, you can get excellent feedback for example let the students read or view a video on a specific concept and then let them write a pre-test before they come to the lecture. This will help you to identify where the gaps still exist which you can address then in class. Also using a flipped class room approach - Blackboard can be used to assist you in flipping your class room where you can also monitor and track which of your students engaged beforehand. I have been using WebCT and then Blackboard.

Everything is in one space - lots of tools - the sky is really the limit. I also like the Best Practice parts of the help site - it helps you to get ideas of how you can use the tools.

In terms of support from Blackboard, sometimes the person who receives the inquiry do not read properly or English is a second language because we often have to explain again and again before they understand - that is the only frustration I currently have with the support. It is unfortunately a very expensive product since the institutions are not based in the USA and therefore we are subjected to the exchange rate.

Anitha G.
postdoc in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

blackboard Learn for undergraduate classes

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I used blackboard as a graduate student and I have been using it now as an instructor for my larger chemistry classes with 200 to 250 students, and it is really very helpful, makes my classes run smoothly.

it is easy to post all assignments, class materials, notes and grades using blackboard. Especially for larger classes I don't have to print the paper copy, posting the class material on blackboard will help students to print and refer to the material easily. Gradebook is one of the best features of blackboard, I have quizzes almost everyday for my students, posting these quizzes grades were very straightforward using blackboard. I have also used blackboard for online quizzes and exams, and for lab exams.

Blackboard gets slower when many people are using at the same time and some times it becomes unavailable due to maintenance(but we do get notice prior to it). other than that I had no issue with it.

Joel thomas B.
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

As both a teacher and a student - Blackboard works for me

Kommentare: Make sure you explore the user guides and options, blackboard can be a powerful tool but some of it's features are less than obvious!

As a instructor blackboard lets me integrate a lot of different types of media through Kaltura, structure time released content ,vary assessments, and deliver individualized learning opportunities. All of these elements are crucial to my instruction. As a student, I get mobile access and notifications about grades, announcements, and course changes that help me manage my learning.

While the features are wonderful, they are somewhat convoluted to properly utilize, requiring more steps than I would like, and can sometimes be "hidden" in such ways that I have to refer back to user guides because it's not a very intuitive integration. Therefore, as a student, I find many of my professors do not fully take advantage of the learning management system because they have limited knowledge.

Faculty in USA

Blackboard LMS

Kommentare: Classrooms disorganized?! Not with Blackboard! This will make classroom administration a breeze, saving your instructors and administrators a lot of time and make your classroom management 1000% more efficient!

The greatest feature of this product is the ease of use with regards to its navigation. When we started using Blackboard LMS, I literally trained a large portion of our staff on the ins and outs of the software in less than 2 hours. This has made classroom organization the easiest it has been in decade. Our instructors can distribute class materials, assignments, and grades with a few clicks. It is absolutely amazing!

Installation can be both lengthy and problematic if you are moving from an incompatible LMS. While we were lucky, we still ran into bugs while making our transition. This was frustrating, but was luckily done during the summer, when attendance was at its lowest.