Über Foundersuite

Software zum beschaffen von Angel-Investoren, Startkapital, privatem Eigenkapital und Wagniskapitelgebern. Foundersuite entwickelt führende Tools für CRM und Investorendatenbanken sowie Investor-Update-Tools.

Erfahre mehr über Foundersuite

I've spend years fundraising and was waiting for a product like this to pop up.

I stopped using it awhile ago after we raised our funding so it's tough to remember specifics. I don't remember anything specific really standing out to me as major issues.

Bewertungen zu Foundersuite

Foundersuite hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 109 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Foundersuite bereits verwendet?

Adam
Adam
founder / ceo in USA

The best thing I've ever seen for raising capital for a start-up

Kommentare: A huge time-saver. The best fundraising-management platform I've ever seen.

I started using Foundersuite a couple of months ago to manage my fundraising campaign for dineoutwith.us, and it has been a huge labor-saver for what is always a difficult and time-consuming process. The platform is very well thought-out, has all of the major features an entrepreneur would want to manage that first, all-important, do-it-yourself campaign, and is easily customizable. I've also been very impressed with how responsive their team has been, and in particular to adding a couple of new features that I thought were really important (one example: they recently upgraded their custom field feature so that you can create it for a single investor lead and have it be applied to all other investors. This is so much easier than the kinds of global configuration changes that other CRM systems I've used have required). I can't really say enough about how great they've been in engaging on features suggestions. Nathan has really welcomed suggestions and been open and honest about limitations - a rare thing these days, when most SaaS vendors are more interested in diverting legitimate suggestions, or telling you why they're really not important and you should want them - and whether they'd be addressed. I also really like the Kanban board / drag and drop interface that lets you move things around to different stages. Lastly, I can't say enough

It's clearly a quickly-evolving product, and there are a few features that they haven't gotten to yet. One is that although the system integrates with gmail, there is as of yet no ability to send emails through the system itself (as you can with systems like Insightly and HubSpot). In this same realm, when you add a new contact to Foundersuite it adds to the contact record a history of ALL emails with that person, including ones on which they were cc'd. I'd much rather be able to select which emails are added. (You can delete ones that you don't want, but that's a pretty time-consuming process that would be better handled upfront. Another way to do it would be to be to set date range parameters for emails so that the entire history wasn't there.)

Bob
Managing Director in USA
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fundraising CRM

Kommentare: I think you know if you picked the right tool if you just never wonder whether there's something better. I have never wondered.

Foundersuite is simple, there's virtually zero setup/configuration, everything is tuned to fundraising... and it just works. I've raised capital for 5 startups (and now for a venture fund) and I have used everything from a spreadsheet to enterprise-class CRMs to manage the fundraising process. They were all a kludge. Honestly, I regret that I didn't try Foundersuite on a previous startup. One subtle, be very helpful, feature that I really appreciate is the burn-down activity tracker. I can, at a glance, see who I need to follow up with. The live support chat has been impressive.

I would like to see a more-flexible implementation of the investor (i.e., LP) update tool.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Bob thank you for the review! Glad to see our platform is serving the needs of venture capital firms. Best wishes for your fund.

Founder in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Value for the Investment

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Customer Support is spot on. Very responsive and was able to quickly resolve any and all issues I have had.

Ease of use. Allowed me to quickly segment and pipeline the target investors I was looking for. After securing my lists I was able to contact many in bulk, and have already started receiving responses. Very happy with the product as compared to others I have tried.

Still improving and I would like to see the Pitch Deck emails and the Regular Emails tied better in the performance results. But regardless they are both tracked and it was good to see action.

letzten Monat

Thank you very much for the review! We are glad you liked the product. We are redesigning the Email tool and will have a dashboard with more analytics.

Useful but kinda clunky and overpriced for an early stage startup

The investor reports are nice and easy to assemble...I need more characters but there isn't enough great things to say lol

Kan ban is a GREAT concept but shows less-important important info on the cards. No way to customize. And editing investor details is a pain. Haven't seen updates in awhile (reports could use some more functionality to make them great).

Antwort von Foundersuite

Thanks for the review. I'd like to invite the reviewer back to take another test drive... after a lull in the earlier part of 2017, we've been adding a TON of new features... ability to add VC Firms, ability to add custom fields on the investor cards, improved CSV import, etc. As for the investor Updater tool, we are just about to launch new KPI Table (in code review) plus a tool to automatically send reports (plus track the amount of time investors spent reading your reports). Lots of good things in the works -- come back and check out what's new :)

Stephanie
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Draper University Student Turned FounderSuite SUPERFAN

I have never felt so organized during this fundraising progress. After [SENSITIVE CONTENT] showed Draper University his strategy for using this product, my life was changed. I subscribed that minute. FounderSuite has made fundraising organization for this first time founder way more manageable. It makes me excited to search and add more investors and update them on my raise's progress. Thank you so much FounderSuite!

There is a bit of a learning curve in the beginning, but the software is so streamlined that it isn't too hard to figure out when you make a mistake!

Aleksandra
Head of Ops & Strategic Projects in Polen
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great platform to manage a fundraising process

I compared a few tools before going with Foundersuite and it was an excellent choice. The platform has all the features necessary to manage a fundraising process and communicate with potential invesoters at every stage. A huge advantage is, there is a built-in data room feature that can be activated at any time (at additional fee) so we could stick to a single platform during a due diligence stage.

Can't really think about any major disadvantages. The sync with my teams' email didn't work properly at the beginning but Foundersuite provided a great support and fixed it quickly.

Internet

Think of Foundersuite as an essential starter kit for any early stage pre-VC startup

Kommentare: This software makes the fundraising process so much more efficient and effective. I'm familiar with the kanban model in the context of both sales and product management - So it's a no-brainer that it would also work in the context of fundraising. Because Foundersuite focuses on the fundraising process and was designed for entrepreneurs like myself, it's like a one-stop shop for all my needs as an early-stage startup. I can keep track of all my leads and prospects in one place, and the seamless integration with LinkedIn and AngelList means I don't have to switch back-and-forth between applications and manage all of my contacts in a decentralized way. The additional startup documents and resources that Foundersuite provides means I have everything I need to eventually raise an institutional round of funding.

The software is full of really helpful content and features. What's better is that it's very intuitive and easy to use. The kanban board concept works really well with fundraising, and I like that they've expanded their investor list beyond just AngelList. Finally, the customer support and his team is top-notch! Any time I have a question about anything related to Foundersuite or fundraising in general, he was always quick to respond with valuable insights. As a Foundersuite customer, I feel like I'm getting the services of a great advisor on top of the software itself!

If only the software could actually raise my next round for me... maybe if the A.I. continues to evolve :)

Jake
Jake
COO in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen

When the CEO is active in customer support, you know you've got a company that'll work for you.

Kommentare: Like stated in the review. It makes the job of managing investors easy, and gives you a mini-accelerator type feel to help you through your journey. Great find.

Amazingly simple interface, yet robust in value. It has an investor CRM, which makes managing potential leads so much easier. It has an investor dashboard and investor update features, accelerating your professionalism to your current investors. Life maybe easy with 1 or 2 investors, but as you start bringing in more angels/VC's, giving real-time updates becomes cumbersome... not anymore. Then there are the start-up tools. The best way to describe it is like a mini-accelerator, providing instrumental documents and discounts on the resources every start-up needs to get off the ground. It's likely that you could recover the value of the cost of membership from this service alone.

This is not a con by any means, but is most appropriate to be put here: The worth of this platform is directly tied to your commitment to utilize it to your fullest capability. Meaning this isn't like Netflix, where you can pay the fee, and get the maximum benefit automatically. I say this knowing that the majority of users that will use Foundersuite are start-up entrepreneurs, and as such, I severely doubt there will be any missed value due to complacency. Bottom Line: Pony up the dough if you have it. Even if that means sacrificing that new YoutubeTV account... it's worth it.

Timmy
Timmy
Chief Executive Officer in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Effective, intuitive, easy onboarding and friction-free, instant adoption by my organization.

Kommentare: Ease of use, disciplined focus, and functionality. Ability to get company-wide adoption.

Foundersuite simply puts you in the mindset you need to be in investor outreach without distraction. Because it is disciplined in its focus and robust functionality, it was very easy to communicate, onboard and gain adoption throughout my team. There is something about the UI that lets you gain confidence in pulling the trigger in capital raise campaigns and investor relations. The customer support has been top-notch. This goes a long way.

Nothing specific comes to mind - there was a UI layout for specific campaigns that confused me for a period but was revamped and improved greatly.

Marc
Marc
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Game-changer for founders

It is the easiest to use and intuitive CRM tool that I have used. It also has a ton of resources for startup founders to save time and stay organized. My go-to feature is the investor database which makes it simple to research and qualify VC's and angels.

I would like to see the investor database expand to include smaller VC funds that are starting to pop up.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Marc, thank you for the review. We are undertaking a huge update of the investor database, and will be adding roughly 15,000 more investors (including many emerging and smaller VC firms) so stay tuned...

Alex
CEO in UK
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Foundersuite - Raising Seed Funds for FitTech Business

Kommentare: Overall very impressed with this package. It added enormous value to my fundraising and comes at a very affordable price.

Foundersuite is super easy to use and very 'sticky'. It has all the functions needed to plan, organise, execute and monitor seed rounds. It is a superb repository for all of the information needed to communicate with investors and close a round and I love it's database of potential investors. And the customer service could be a master-class in how to get that right!

The UX for individual investors could be more developed. But for the price of this package, nothing significant that I did not like.

letztes Jahr

Thank you, Alex! We are so pleased to hear you had a good experience. We are hard at work on an updated UX so you'll have that to look forward to in 2023 :)

Wealth management advisor in UK
Vermögensverwaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

This product is the real deal, i'm surprised the competition still exist

I would have to say one of the most advantageous things about this software is the time is saves in comparison to others like it. This software really gives the user confidence in their ability to utilize it to its maximum capability. I must also say that since adopting this software, its integration was very smooth. It seemed to be part of the family in only a week.

Some of the customization aspects could be improved other than that i can not fault it. If you are thinking about changing or updating your current software then i would recommend this and i'm sure it must be the market leader by now. Enjoy.

Managing Director in USA

Huge Efficiencies in Fundraising!

Great solution for tracking investor contacts, sharing with extended team and managing meetings. Foundersuite is a >10x improvement over spreadsheet or google sheet methods. I love the ease of searching for potential investors and moving them around the board as they get closer to investing.

Would like to have ability to group multiple individuals under same investor. Foundersuite works better for companies looking to raise funding from individuals rather than Angel groups or venture capital firms. This should be an easy fix.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Steve, thank you for the review! One note: just about a week ago we released a new feature, "Add VC Firm" which allows you to add multiple contacts under the same investor card (thus addressing one of your comments). We are also working hard on adding several thousand VC firms to the investor database (coming soon).

Sanjay
Founder in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Terrific Tool to Manage Your Investment Rounds!

I used Foundersuite extensively during our initial Pre-Seed round of investment and it was absolutely invaluable! Having a power investor CRM database was absolutely key for us during the round and I am convinced it is one of the reasons we were able to achieve a fully subscriber round.

I only used the Investor CRM feature of the software so far because we were raising our Pre-Seed round, so I have not had a chance to test out all the other features yet.

letztes Jahr

Thank you, Sanjay! We are so happy you had a good experience with Foundersuite and that you were able to fully subscribe your round. Keep up the good work! Nathan

Marshall
Marshall
CEO and Founder | Home Delivery Specialist in Australien
Paket- & Frachtlieferung

Didn't really help me in Australia

Kommentare: Not really many that I would not have got had I used a google sheet

I can't remember what I liked about this software. I think it was reliable and not buggy. I really only used it for a few months.

It didn't really suit my needs. Lots of manual intervention and maintenance required. Lots of drag and drop and typing.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Marshall, thanks for the review and we're sorry you didn't have a better experience; it sounds like you used it awhile ago. If that is the case, we have made a tremendous number of improvements since then, such as Gmail integration, more-advanced investor updates, and much more. I invite you to check it out again when raising capital again.

with the help of the videos and help of the staff it was a very nice expereince for me as a novis.

Kommentare: a clear picture of he world of investment and the levels of players if you will in this are of business

everything is layed out in front of you nothing hidden each panel is laid out quite nicely and is efficent in its design

Well as a novis I think what would be most helpful is a glossary of terms ( industry terms ) used in there everyday practice - this woul help the novis get a better understanding of the individuls he is contacting and there position in the world of investment etc.

Devang
Head of Investment Strategy in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Devang's Experience

Kommentare: We are using Foundersuite to help organize our fundraising strategy and it has been the main software used for us to do so.

I liked how easy it was to organize between the different rounds that we are trying to fund raise and easily move between different potential targets for investment.

I felt that sometimes the software was laggy or everyone in our database would disappear for a breif time and then come up, leading to some slight confusion.

Founder/Managing Director in USA

Perfect tool for the job

Kommentare: A professional grade CRM specifically build for the task of fundraising.

I am a sales professional with well over 15 years experiences in the sales process. This is how I like to work; within a well thought out CRM that helps me stay organized during this hard task: fundraising. Foundersuite is an excellent sales and relationship management tool. I am confident this tool will help us close the funding we need to be successful.

Cristiane
Investor in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Able to maintain our startup's info and investor funnel updated

Kommentare: Updated information

Easy to use, LinkedIn integration, exceptional customer service. The Investor board allows you to move around investors between customized columns. The ability to monitor investors who opened our pitch. The ability to request incubated startups to update their info automatically.

Not able to send update to investors directly from the system. Other than this cant think of anything else.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Cristiane, thank you for your review. I am happy to report we are currently working on the feature to send investor updates directly from the system. It's being coded as we speak. Check back in 2-3 week! :)

Valerie
Valerie
Web Developer II in USA
Versicherung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

This tool got me up in running faster than anything else!

Kommentare: I love all of the documents that the software comes with, and I love how over time the software has gotten easier to use with the bonus of extra features.

Being a first time business owner the hardest part was getting the paperwork. I loved the fact that the foundersuite came with a lot of the documents you need to start with.

The first time I used (this was over a year ago) it, I was a little confused about how to use it. But after a few months of using it, they made updates to it that made it easy to use. I guess my con is still a pro lol. Just glad they listen to their customers!

Ty
Ty
Co-Founder and CEO in USA
Philanthropie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Foundersuite streamlines the process of managing multiple conversations with investors.

What I like most about Foundersuite is it's simple, streamlined, logical and effective. It's probably 200% more efficient than using spreadsheets, and it's a really clean CRM experience for investor conversations.

My only critique is I wish it looked better on my iPad but I imagine that'll happen in no time as fast as these guys are growing.

Jamie
Jamie
Marketing Manager in Kanada
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The interface is great, and really easy to use.

I'm able to organize our companies fundraising efforts all in one space, and keep it updated easily. It means our fundraising team is all on the same page, and understand what is taking place in our investor relations. The reporting system is fantastic as well, easy to produce clean, sharp looking reports.

Trying to interact with our different boards (ie. Seed A or Seed B) is difficult. I'd like to see an easier copy paste function. Sometimes when you engage with a potential Investor, they are not suited for your current raising, but you want to revisit them during the future. Right now when you make a new board, all you can do is say "yes" to copying the previous board.

CEO & Co Founder in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen

Foundersuite has incredibly improved my fundraising capacity

Kommentare: Improved my fundraising capacity.

The drag & drop CRM workflow is ideal for fundraising. Linking emails, fundraising estimates ect. make for a powerful workflow.

The monthly cost is a bit pricey and not incredibly robust as of yet. If the feature made fundraising completely seamless, it would be a no-brainer.

Jordi
President in Spanien
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good to mantain list of prospect investors

Kommentare: Much better at keeping the fund raising process in order.

Integration with LinkedIn in order to identify investors within our field of investment and categories.

Long investment cycles aren't coherent with subscription fees, so when investment round takes long time to close, fees start piling up.

Andres
Founder in Kanada
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Interesting to have a kind all in one software to lead a team in a faster way.

Kommentare: Time management, organization, access to information, deals structure, handy supports, user experience

The structure of the software is handy and it helps to have in one place a lot of supports. It is very useful to have a pipeline that keeps records with contacts and connections. It helps to save time, avoid emails and turning around redundant topics or meetings.

It would be great to get more financial support for forecasting, and probably some macros in Excel that can help to value or calculate (assets or features). I also feel there a lot of potentials to optimize the design nevertheless I had a good experience