Über Foundersuite

Software zum beschaffen von Angel-Investoren, Startkapital, privatem Eigenkapital und Wagniskapitelgebern. Foundersuite entwickelt führende Tools für CRM und Investorendatenbanken sowie Investor-Update-Tools.

Erfahre mehr über Foundersuite

I've spend years fundraising and was waiting for a product like this to pop up.

I stopped using it awhile ago after we raised our funding so it's tough to remember specifics. I don't remember anything specific really standing out to me as major issues.

Bewertungen zu Foundersuite

Foundersuite hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 108 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Foundersuite bereits verwendet?

Adam
Adam
founder / ceo in USA

The best thing I've ever seen for raising capital for a start-up

Kommentare: A huge time-saver. The best fundraising-management platform I've ever seen.

I started using Foundersuite a couple of months ago to manage my fundraising campaign for dineoutwith.us, and it has been a huge labor-saver for what is always a difficult and time-consuming process. The platform is very well thought-out, has all of the major features an entrepreneur would want to manage that first, all-important, do-it-yourself campaign, and is easily customizable. I've also been very impressed with how responsive their team has been, and in particular to adding a couple of new features that I thought were really important (one example: they recently upgraded their custom field feature so that you can create it for a single investor lead and have it be applied to all other investors. This is so much easier than the kinds of global configuration changes that other CRM systems I've used have required). I can't really say enough about how great they've been in engaging on features suggestions. Nathan has really welcomed suggestions and been open and honest about limitations - a rare thing these days, when most SaaS vendors are more interested in diverting legitimate suggestions, or telling you why they're really not important and you should want them - and whether they'd be addressed. I also really like the Kanban board / drag and drop interface that lets you move things around to different stages. Lastly, I can't say enough

It's clearly a quickly-evolving product, and there are a few features that they haven't gotten to yet. One is that although the system integrates with gmail, there is as of yet no ability to send emails through the system itself (as you can with systems like Insightly and HubSpot). In this same realm, when you add a new contact to Foundersuite it adds to the contact record a history of ALL emails with that person, including ones on which they were cc'd. I'd much rather be able to select which emails are added. (You can delete ones that you don't want, but that's a pretty time-consuming process that would be better handled upfront. Another way to do it would be to be to set date range parameters for emails so that the entire history wasn't there.)

Bob
Managing Director in USA
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fundraising CRM

Kommentare: I think you know if you picked the right tool if you just never wonder whether there's something better. I have never wondered.

Foundersuite is simple, there's virtually zero setup/configuration, everything is tuned to fundraising... and it just works. I've raised capital for 5 startups (and now for a venture fund) and I have used everything from a spreadsheet to enterprise-class CRMs to manage the fundraising process. They were all a kludge. Honestly, I regret that I didn't try Foundersuite on a previous startup. One subtle, be very helpful, feature that I really appreciate is the burn-down activity tracker. I can, at a glance, see who I need to follow up with. The live support chat has been impressive.

I would like to see a more-flexible implementation of the investor (i.e., LP) update tool.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Bob thank you for the review! Glad to see our platform is serving the needs of venture capital firms. Best wishes for your fund.

Useful but kinda clunky and overpriced for an early stage startup

The investor reports are nice and easy to assemble...I need more characters but there isn't enough great things to say lol

Kan ban is a GREAT concept but shows less-important important info on the cards. No way to customize. And editing investor details is a pain. Haven't seen updates in awhile (reports could use some more functionality to make them great).

Antwort von Foundersuite

Thanks for the review. I'd like to invite the reviewer back to take another test drive... after a lull in the earlier part of 2017, we've been adding a TON of new features... ability to add VC Firms, ability to add custom fields on the investor cards, improved CSV import, etc. As for the investor Updater tool, we are just about to launch new KPI Table (in code review) plus a tool to automatically send reports (plus track the amount of time investors spent reading your reports). Lots of good things in the works -- come back and check out what's new :)

Stephanie
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Draper University Student Turned FounderSuite SUPERFAN

I have never felt so organized during this fundraising progress. After [SENSITIVE CONTENT] showed Draper University his strategy for using this product, my life was changed. I subscribed that minute. FounderSuite has made fundraising organization for this first time founder way more manageable. It makes me excited to search and add more investors and update them on my raise's progress. Thank you so much FounderSuite!

There is a bit of a learning curve in the beginning, but the software is so streamlined that it isn't too hard to figure out when you make a mistake!

Aleksandra
Head of Ops & Strategic Projects in Polen
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great platform to manage a fundraising process

I compared a few tools before going with Foundersuite and it was an excellent choice. The platform has all the features necessary to manage a fundraising process and communicate with potential invesoters at every stage. A huge advantage is, there is a built-in data room feature that can be activated at any time (at additional fee) so we could stick to a single platform during a due diligence stage.

Can't really think about any major disadvantages. The sync with my teams' email didn't work properly at the beginning but Foundersuite provided a great support and fixed it quickly.

Internet

Think of Foundersuite as an essential starter kit for any early stage pre-VC startup

Kommentare: This software makes the fundraising process so much more efficient and effective. I'm familiar with the kanban model in the context of both sales and product management - So it's a no-brainer that it would also work in the context of fundraising. Because Foundersuite focuses on the fundraising process and was designed for entrepreneurs like myself, it's like a one-stop shop for all my needs as an early-stage startup. I can keep track of all my leads and prospects in one place, and the seamless integration with LinkedIn and AngelList means I don't have to switch back-and-forth between applications and manage all of my contacts in a decentralized way. The additional startup documents and resources that Foundersuite provides means I have everything I need to eventually raise an institutional round of funding.

The software is full of really helpful content and features. What's better is that it's very intuitive and easy to use. The kanban board concept works really well with fundraising, and I like that they've expanded their investor list beyond just AngelList. Finally, the customer support and his team is top-notch! Any time I have a question about anything related to Foundersuite or fundraising in general, he was always quick to respond with valuable insights. As a Foundersuite customer, I feel like I'm getting the services of a great advisor on top of the software itself!

If only the software could actually raise my next round for me... maybe if the A.I. continues to evolve :)

Jake
Jake
COO in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen

When the CEO is active in customer support, you know you've got a company that'll work for you.

Kommentare: Like stated in the review. It makes the job of managing investors easy, and gives you a mini-accelerator type feel to help you through your journey. Great find.

Amazingly simple interface, yet robust in value. It has an investor CRM, which makes managing potential leads so much easier. It has an investor dashboard and investor update features, accelerating your professionalism to your current investors. Life maybe easy with 1 or 2 investors, but as you start bringing in more angels/VC's, giving real-time updates becomes cumbersome... not anymore. Then there are the start-up tools. The best way to describe it is like a mini-accelerator, providing instrumental documents and discounts on the resources every start-up needs to get off the ground. It's likely that you could recover the value of the cost of membership from this service alone.

This is not a con by any means, but is most appropriate to be put here: The worth of this platform is directly tied to your commitment to utilize it to your fullest capability. Meaning this isn't like Netflix, where you can pay the fee, and get the maximum benefit automatically. I say this knowing that the majority of users that will use Foundersuite are start-up entrepreneurs, and as such, I severely doubt there will be any missed value due to complacency. Bottom Line: Pony up the dough if you have it. Even if that means sacrificing that new YoutubeTV account... it's worth it.

Timmy
Timmy
Chief Executive Officer in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Effective, intuitive, easy onboarding and friction-free, instant adoption by my organization.

Kommentare: Ease of use, disciplined focus, and functionality. Ability to get company-wide adoption.

Foundersuite simply puts you in the mindset you need to be in investor outreach without distraction. Because it is disciplined in its focus and robust functionality, it was very easy to communicate, onboard and gain adoption throughout my team. There is something about the UI that lets you gain confidence in pulling the trigger in capital raise campaigns and investor relations. The customer support has been top-notch. This goes a long way.

Nothing specific comes to mind - there was a UI layout for specific campaigns that confused me for a period but was revamped and improved greatly.

James
Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Super helpful to My Fundraising Process

Foundersuite is easy to set-up, deploy and use. It helped me keep organized and in my fundraising process. I absolutely needed this tool and loved using it.

At times some of the UI was a little clunky to use but they are continuing to improve it over time.

Marc
Marc
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Game-changer for founders

It is the easiest to use and intuitive CRM tool that I have used. It also has a ton of resources for startup founders to save time and stay organized. My go-to feature is the investor database which makes it simple to research and qualify VC's and angels.

I would like to see the investor database expand to include smaller VC funds that are starting to pop up.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Marc, thank you for the review. We are undertaking a huge update of the investor database, and will be adding roughly 15,000 more investors (including many emerging and smaller VC firms) so stay tuned...

Alex
CEO in UK
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Foundersuite - Raising Seed Funds for FitTech Business

Kommentare: Overall very impressed with this package. It added enormous value to my fundraising and comes at a very affordable price.

Foundersuite is super easy to use and very 'sticky'. It has all the functions needed to plan, organise, execute and monitor seed rounds. It is a superb repository for all of the information needed to communicate with investors and close a round and I love it's database of potential investors. And the customer service could be a master-class in how to get that right!

The UX for individual investors could be more developed. But for the price of this package, nothing significant that I did not like.

letztes Jahr

Thank you, Alex! We are so pleased to hear you had a good experience. We are hard at work on an updated UX so you'll have that to look forward to in 2023 :)

Founder in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Foundersuite experience

Kommentare: I'm working on trying to raise funds. So, that's a very important thing for me. I think reading some of the materials and seeing the video Representative linked to me about what you should and shouldn't do and how to get warm intros is highly valuable. There should almost be a warning when you start using the CRM that you need to learn more before trying to contact people.

I love the ability to search for potential investors. It's super powerful. Being able to read how they approach funding and what they offer (pre-seed, seed, Series A) as well as if they have geographical preferences is a great way to start prequalifying leads.

I would love to be able to play with cap tables online. I didn't expect it to have a cap table but it would be helpful. I like that there's a document area that provides thought leadership type material but was a little challenging (being so new to the area of fundraising) to understand what might be useful. The titles are certiainly helpful but descriptions would be even better. I also like the idea of the marketplace but there doesn't really seem to be much that I need. Maybe you could do a deal with a hosting provider and an image provider like icons8.com.

Eventservice

Extremely easy to use and unlike most CRM platform very visual and helpful

I really liked the UI and the ease of use. I do believe every entrepreneur who is in the process of a fundraise should use Foundersuite. The excel spreadsheet are no longer sufficient to track all meetings, presentations, emails, etc. Foundersuite is the platform of the future. The founder is the true entrepreneur always willing to help his clients and fellow entrepreneurs to get funded.

The only comment I have so far is that it would be great if Foundersuite can grow the platform of investors even further. Ultimately when 80% of all angels and VCs are featured on Foundersuite it will become the ONLY CRM to be used by entrepreneurs.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Thanks for the review! Your timing is excellent: we are currently adding around 10,000 VC firms and about 28,000 "alternative investors" such as family offices, fund of funds, PE firms, foundations, hedge funds, pensions, etc. into the database. Check back soon to see the greatly expanded investor search features.

collin
VP Finance in USA

solid platform, with good initial features

easy to manipulate, add investors, take current notes, share with other members of the team, and keep current with limited effort

would like to add different type of investors on main tab, such a debt financing. This would be an option at the top, as we are currently mixing those with equity investors

Jason
Co-Founder in Taiwan
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not useable, waste money

Kommentare: The experience is bad. We even can not start any investor contact. They use external email integration engine which is most likely banned by Google Suite default security/privacy. So if any company using Google Suite may have the same issue.

The fundraising cycle management concept is good, that’s the reason why we subscribe this service. However, when we start using it. The poor email integration make us stopped at very beginning and can not moving forward.

Clean user interface and easy to understand layout.

, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

If you want to raise money, and don't understand the process use Foundersuite.

Kommentare: The organization and the ease of use. I mean overall this the best software in the market, for all the tools you need to raise money like a pro.

The software is easy to use, and it breaks down the daunting process of research and organization and planning that goes into fundraising. It's broken down into bite sized, and project segments which can be understood by most people not used to raising capital. If you never raised capital, for a business on a professional level use this software.

Theirs very little, I would say the documentation flow. Their needs to be a template for convertible debt note and stuff like that within the software, and also the connection they ask you to get recommendations. But their needs to be a warmer introduction.

Antwort von Foundersuite

Thanks for the review. Just one update: there is now a convertible debt template within the Startup Docs collection.

Howard
President & CEO in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Founders Suite helped us organize fund raising- it is like a CRM following up with investors

Kommentare: Helped us track our potential investors through the investment funnel.

Easy to use and intuitive Founder's Suite helped us organize each of our investment rounds. It really helped us track conversations with potential investors and we used it to estimate the number of investors we needed to "have in the funnel" to hit each round.

Roberto
Co-Founder & CEO in Kanada
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My experience with Foundersuite has been incredible from the start...thanks :)

It is easy to use and I would recommend this to everyone that has to keep track of investors along with providing investor updates (the beta function was great to use and thanks to our rep. for the intro to it). It's a product that I want to continually use unlike my old fashioned spreadsheets and trying to keep track of investors that way. He has been awesome to work with. His responsiveness to questions and extremely timely feedback has been great.

I wish (and I believe it is coming) a why to send the investor update straight from the program. Wish everything would work on Chrome as it does on IE (i.e. the report date for the investor update). I'm getting pretty picky here as I'm a huge fan and have already recommended it to other founders :)

Mehmet Umut
Mehmet Umut
Founder in USA
Bildungsmanagement

I had an amazing experience with Foundersuite! It totally changed the way I connect with investors.

Kommentare: Organization and framework for fundraising.

I love the user interface; it is self-explanatory and easy to use. I also love the customer service; they have always been there when I needed help with something.

The only con I could think of is the price. Even though it is not a lot for what they offer and I can justify this expense, every dollar counts for a bootstrapping startup.

Sandra
Startup Advisor in USA

Easy to follow UI with loads of helpful information for startup founders.

Access to templates and CRM for managing my investor conversations. The templates alone are worth thousands, no need to recreate the wheel when you have the necessary templates to customize for your business at your finger tips.

Daniel
VP of Technology in Spanien
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

When rising money it's a very useful tool to keep track of the job done and how is the round going

Kommentare: Made much easier to follow our funding round and the organization of the job

The tool is very easy to use. It has a very well organized graphical interface in which you can find and store all the relevant information you need.

What I definitely don't like is the fact that you have to pay to get access to higher funcionalities. If the round you are raising involves many investors you better pay

, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent CRM for managing the start-up fundraising process

Easy to use interface, excellent integrations with 3d party services and great investor communication tools. It is very well optimized to manage your investor pipeline.

CEO & Co Founder in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen

Foundersuite has incredibly improved my fundraising capacity

Kommentare: Improved my fundraising capacity.

The drag & drop CRM workflow is ideal for fundraising. Linking emails, fundraising estimates ect. make for a powerful workflow.

The monthly cost is a bit pricey and not incredibly robust as of yet. If the feature made fundraising completely seamless, it would be a no-brainer.

Andrew
Co-Founder in USA

Intuitive tools to help founders on the raising financing journey.

Deep directory of investors to search and research. Keep your network of investors updated with easy to use reporting tools.

The support team at Foundersuite are doing a great job with this platform. A couple of logistical features that should be ironed out over time.

Boyd
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product for startups

The CRM is easy to use, but the supporting content is what makes a big difference.

Very minor details I would have implemented differently, but nothing that impacts the effectiveness of the tool