NEW Support Central - Online Dashboard is a Game Changer

William "nick" K.
I.T. Support Specialist Supervisor
Versorgungsunternehmen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very pleased with the ticketing system, asset management, and ease of use. There is a hurdle to cross with getting reports needed, but the support team at BOSS has been outstanding with assisting our end users with getting reports written as they have been requested. I recommend this product, and am thankful that Kris and Ganesh have been able to make our upgrade as smooth as possible.

Vorteile: The online dashboard is a huge change from the client that we had previously for Support Central. The ability to access via a web browser or via an iOS App has made remote support a reality instead of an obstacle requiring VPN connections. The Asset management feature is a perfect tool for managing system information, especially if you are a Dell shop because of the API connectors that are available to view warranty information. The ticket management system works as it should... it logs tickets and all information associated with the ticket movement.

Nachteile: It felt like our organization was one of the first one's migrated to the new system, even though it had been available for quit some time. Requests that we would make, seemed like a logical request for anyone that had been using the product, so it was frustrating to our techs when we first implemented the new product. With tweaking and new releases of the Support Central product, we feel much more stable and confident in the path the product has taken us down. The biggest complaint that I hear is the lack of a knowledge base for tips and use of the application from a "Help" section within the product. It would be nice to have some documentation on what the product can do, what the different areas are for, and more screenshots with step by step instructions for our technicians. There should be monthly updates that are written that technicians could subscribe to receive tips and be in the "know" on what is coming in the future.

Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more.

Ben S.
Senior Systems Analyst
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Nachteile: BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Great Solution for your business!

Adam M.
Engineer
Medizinische Geräte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Nachteile: Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

Technology Specialist

Bewertet am 15.3.2017
Ginger J.

Kommentare: It's a great product for inventory and work orders. I'm not really impressed about the reports or how the work orders print. I really like how it works with AD to pull in MS equipment.

Flexibility and sleek desing

David G.
IT Support Specialist II
Versorgungsunternehmen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The dashboard that gives me specific information related to only me is a great tool. I normally have my screen on the dashboard. The easiness and quickness to generate a ticket or check an asset is also hard to beat. Being able to create templates for certain tasks so that it auto-fills the bulk of the information is a great time saver.

Nachteile: The reporting feature is not the best in class and needs alot of work. It could be our side, but it often is very slow when running from the web portal as well. I think I still like the thick client better and did not really have slowness issues.

Long time BOSS user

Bryan H.
it manager
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been a BOSS user since the only product was DAIGwin. I have used the BOSS software at several locations and on several jobs. Each time I can honestly say that when an idea was presented from the user community, BOSS listened ad tried to implement the changes necessary to keep their software evolving.

Vorteile: We implemented the helpdesk software several years ago. it has always been user friendly and the changes that have been made along the way have helped our organization.

Nachteile: I am not sure that I have anything that I like least.

Boss HelpDesk Solutions

Claude C.
Assistant IT Director
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: BossDesk makes it easy to track and categorize service requests to the helpdesk. I can easily create reports showing open and closed requests and what is pending or hasn't been followed up on. Also the service portal is a welcome addition to making entering requests more simplified for our users.

Nachteile: The AD Integration is the only component of the software that I would say gives us issues on occasion.

Support Central Is the Bomb!!

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Joedy G.
Client Support Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use the software for our helpdesk and asset management solution. Both features are robust and easily customizable. The Dell integration for warranty information on assets is awesome. Looking forward to HP integration as well.

Vorteile: The customization and support has really improved since the previous version. The service desk makes ticket creation a breeze and saves huge amounts of time

Nachteile: Nothing there isnt anything i can think of that hasnt been addressed

Products Capabilities

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Junior A.
Network Admin
Regierungsbeziehungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Make it easy for users to report their issues and no excuses from Helpdesk Support team because ticket can update anytime, anywhere .

Vorteile: There are few features that I like, taking the possibility where I can customize most of the input in Service Catalogue by adding or removing and also the assets management tool which is very helpful for pulling reports.

Nachteile: Not keeping customer update up coming features.

Great product for IT!

Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Deanna C.
Technology Services Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: BOSS has been a great product within our county, allowing IT to better streamline support needs. BOSS support has also been great to work with and help us get to where we are going!

Vorteile: Love the ability to create electronic forms that automatically generate Support tickets based on different fields on the form. Really a time saver for IT staff!

Nachteile: The Reporting tools and Survey capture/reporting could be better.

Excellent platform for Service Desk

Bewertet am 16.1.2020
Ronald B.
Director of Information Technology
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use BOSS service desk to manage the service desk requests, 811 (Call before you DIG) requests, inventory management and reporting of all these key metrics.

Vorteile: Our agency likes the flexibility within the platform. We use it to collaborate with our internal users as well as some of our external vendors. The platform allows our employees to keep all service tickets in one solution.

Nachteile: At this time we do not have any issues with the platform.

Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 31.12.2018
John G.
IT Application Manager
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I have been very satisfied with BOSS and would recommend it to other small to mid sized companies.

Vorteile: BOSS has great customer service. Every time I have had an issue they resolve it quickly. Our account engineer also stays on top of informing us of updates and helps us implement them in very helpful and prompt ways.

Nachteile: Their latest product has a few issues to still work through. AD integrated login wasn't included in the first several releases and that prevented us from updating. Although AD integrated login is now a part of the product, the lack of that feature made it feel like they pushed this version before it was really ready.

BOSS is on point

Russ M.
Director; Information Services
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

Vorteile: The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting.
My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

Nachteile: Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years

Rick Y.
Application Support manager
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Vorteile: Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Nachteile: They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

BOSS Support Central

Jeff B.
CIO
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We began evaluating service desk solutions early in 2015. We reviewed options that were both on-premise and cloud-based, systems designed for large organizations and small ones, web-based vs. Windows, different levels of automation and reporting, and much more. In the end, BOSS Solutions was the clear winner for us. As we progressed with our testing, their development team worked very closely with our staff to further customize the product for us and our unique needs. Everyone was all great to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We have an excellent product at a very competitive price. We have been using Support Central for almost 1 year and are very pleased. I can highly recommend them as a top-notch service desk solution provider.

Vorteile: Very flexible. Easy to use interface. Scalable. BOSS worked with us to customize it for our needs.

Nachteile: We had to create a few reports on our own, but that will be true with any system.

One of the Best Helpdesk and asset management software packages I've used

Joedy G.
Client Support Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been a Boss customer for about a year and a half now. The software works as advertised and the Support for the product is phenomenal. No matter what we want or need changed or ask, it is promptly taken care of and handled with professionalism. I cant say enough about customer support as they are always responsive and open to new ideas and concepts on improving the product not just for us but all their customers. Our ideas and needs are always considered seriously and we have seen the product evolve and change to meet whatever needs we may have as well as anticipate future needs.

Vorteile: Ease of use and customization

Nachteile: Reporting is a little less than inspiring but has definitely improved and the new version coming looks much better in this regard

Awesome product and support staff.

Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Allan N.
IT Pro
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Vorteile: BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products. Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Nachteile: Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

My most useful tools providing service to my customers. Support Central, Web and Mobile Helpdesk.

Bewertet am 2.10.2017
Kim F.
System Supervisor
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Implements our service response and keeps history.

Vorteile: Quickly write a ticket and assign it. Distributes with ease on 3 platforms. Support is very responsive and they've always helped me. Looking forward to the new web version. I hope to set it up with an ITIL theme. Very reasonably priced. Lots of webinars.

Nachteile: Someone in my organization designed the hierarchy before I got here and I would have done it differently. Will correct it when mapping to the new version. Had to learn SQL to get the kind of reports that I wanted.

Helpdesk and Asset Management

Bewertet am 13.12.2018
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great product, helpful company, good demos.

Vorteile: I feel confident that this software is going to be an excellent go-to for all our asset management needs, as it now is for our Helpdesk needs

Nachteile: We're having to remove its link from Active Directory because it isn't effectively pulling all our asset information the way it should so we will have to do this manually - but then again, there are other things we want on there that aren't in AD so we would have to do it anyway

Good System for Inventory and Incidents

Bewertet am 18.5.2017
Debbi K.
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Inventory of our entire network - provides more options than we typically need but we can grow into it; helpdesk ticketing system

Vorteile: The ability to sync users and assets with Active Directory, reducing data entry -- the new upgrade looks as though it will take away my #1 current con which is having to be SQL capable in order to get out of much of what I need. I have high hopes

Nachteile: All Current system cons (current system on its way out in months though): the need to know SQL; system lags

Great!!!

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Kathy M.
Technical Acquisition Specialist

Kommentare: Inventory Management

Vorteile: The software is customer and user friendly and love the fact that custom fields can be added.
I would recommend BOSS software to any business or local government that need to gain control of managing tickets and managing their inventory.

Nachteile: Routing rules for groups and teams take time to learn. The need to fully understand BOSS and how to utilize the software for reports etc. need to be more hands on.

BOSS Solutions Review

Bewertet am 17.3.2017
Mario F.
IT Support Center Supervisor
Supermärkte, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The BOSS Support Central Solution is great for supporting our 225 plus grocery stores, 2 distribution centers, 3 corporate offices, and multiple satellite offices. We work in an ever changing world so having the great customer support from BOSS make it easier for my team to support our customers.

Vorteile: Simple integration and get data/reports from.

Nachteile: Would like to get more date from the notes in reports, meaning the ability to pull time from an individual agent in multiple tickets though out a day/week.

BOSS has been a great addition to our Help-Desk team, we love this application.

Bewertet am 2.10.2017
Gus R.
TS Manager
Gastgewerbe, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Keeping track and record of all my help-desk tickets, it helps the team go back and search the database for resolved issues, the team works fater and better organized.

Vorteile: The application is super easy to use, easy to customize and they are always available to assist with any issues.

Nachteile: The reporting needs improvement, it can be a little confusing creating your reports, a better mobile app would be a plus and also workflow approval process.

BOSS 4.0

Ron C.
Infrastructure Manager

Kommentare: If you need a ticketing system, do yourself a favor and try BOSS.

Vorteile: BOSS 4.0 is easy to manage on the front end and behind the curtains. As the point of contact for my IT department, I have never had any issues with getting support when needed. Not only do they assist you quickly, they listen to your feedback and add it in later versions.

Nachteile: Not much to dislike. It works as intended.

Great ticketing and asset management solution

Scott A.
Network Administrator

Kommentare: BOSS allows us to keep accurate inventory of our technology infrastructure. The ticketing/help desk functionality and reporting allows us to ensure that our end users issues are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner. You would be hard pressed to find a solution that offers everything that BOSS does at a price point that fits the budget.

Vorteile: Helpdesk ticketing, inventory, reporting

Nachteile: SQL process does get pretty intensive and can tend to eat up a lot of resources.