Über Countfire

Echte automatisierte Take-off-Software, die tatsächlich funktioniert.

Erfahre mehr über Countfire

Mike T.
  • Bewertet am 19.11.2018

"Countfire - Pros and cond"

Kommentare: Excellent, the online support is fantastic, as is the software. There have been some containment drawings that I simply could not have lifted off with Pen and paper, but Countfire has made it possible and easy to review. If in doubt do the trial on a big job and see how you get on!

Vorteile: Whats not to like? Not much. Its a fantastic tool for estimators, the more you use it the faster you get and the more confidence you gain. Automatic counts - Brilliant
Manual Counts - When you cant use automatic counts this is still super fast compared to pen and paper
Measurements - Brilliant
Splits and multiples - essential and very helpfull
I have been using it for a year now and would recommend it to anyone involved in estimating or any other form of take offs.

Nachteile: Every now and again you get a bad drawing where all the symbols are slightly different and its a pain. Just use manual count and safe yourself a lot of frustration! The cost is pretty high (but worth it in time saved) If I was self employed it could be out of price range.

Eric B.
Sr. Lighting Engineer
Bau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.10.2019

"CountFire Automated Take-Off Software"

Kommentare: I could not be more pleased with CounFire. It is fast, accurate, easy to use, and has cut my time to perform a take-off by a factor of 10. Some may question a factor of 10, but try it and see that drawing symbols when counted on one drawing are also counted on all other drawings within the project drawing package automatically. Orientation is not an issue, and items not picked up are easily identified and added to the correct symbol list. Check drawings are also supplied as part of the final report to assure all errors have been resolved.

Vorteile: CountFire being a cloud based service gets you up and running quickly. CountFire Sales is there to get you started and introduce you to Technical Assistance and Training. The On-Line Help function is integral to the CountFire Platform allowing you to be able to function seamlessly as you work on projects. I can count drawing elements or make extremely accurate measurements in one tenth of the time I did manually without the cost of drawing reproduction. The Final Reports are perfectly formatted in MSExcel and ready for Bill of Material development.

Nachteile: I am still looking for a Con. I thought that since CountFire is in Great Britain that communications might be hampered by five, (5) time zones, but this was not the case. CountFire was there 24X7 to solve my self-inflicted start-up issues.

• Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Eugene M.
Electrician
  • Bewertet am 20.4.2020

"Great Invention"

Kommentare: Yes very good and worthwhile. Love the ease of use,and then all is recorded so you can go back and check.

Vorteile: How quick and user friendly it is. The way the counts then load onto each drg. Great for saving time.

Nachteile: Just at start when you have to type in each variant. As I’m more sure guy,it’s very tedious.

• Bewertet am 20.4.2020
Matthew C.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.11.2017

"Neutral"

Kommentare: When everything is peachy it works great and is fast.

Vorteile: When a pdf is is drawn properly it works great. Automatic counting etc. No I'm just trying to reach 100 characters

Nachteile: When a pdf is not drawn properly, i may as well count manually. Which is mostly the case.
Simple things could be added to improve experience, such as a plan multiplier for drawings that cover multiple levels.

• Bewertet am 1.11.2017
Gareth E.
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 12.3.2020

"Love this software!"

Kommentare: I was dubious how well this product would work and how accurately the software would find the symbols for my electrical drawings. I was very surprised and pleased with the outcome it found all the symbols after I was shown via a video how to tweak the symbols. The service from the countfire guys is excellent they would check how I was doing with each project and send a brief ,informative and easy to follow instructions via video to show me how to get the best out of the software. To summarise I haven’t looked back since using Countfire. My tenders are compiled easier, and I now get them in way before deadlines which always looks good in my eyes.

Vorteile: Ease of use even for my limited I.T skills.
Saves so much time.
Compiles the take off for you.
The search criteria can be saved and used again this saves even more time.
Value for money due to time saved.
Customer service is excellent.

Nachteile: None! Honestly I can’t think of any cons.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 12.3.2020
Ronan C.
  • Bewertet am 8.11.2019

"Game Changer..."

Kommentare: Using countfire has completely changed the way I do my job. I have gone from old school drawings and highlighters to paperless and streamlined. I would guess that it has increased my productivity by a factor of 3. Every day I learn of a new feature and if I have any questions or issues, they are dealt with quickly and efficiently by one of the superb and knowledgeable customer service gurus. I love that they are paying attention to what I am doing constantly and suggesting ways to improve how I'm doing it. Overall, this is a really great tool with FLAWLESS customer service, regardless of timezone issues. Thank you Countfire team.

Vorteile: It's easy to use, functions really well and they've thought of (almost!) everything! It's really great that it puts all the information into a nice, neat Excel spreadsheet so I can easily add my costings and work out my prices.

Nachteile: I'm only a couple of months into using countfire but there's nothing I don't like about it. I have made a couple of suggestions for features - I need to be able to switch from imperial to metric measurements at will being the main one. Autosave another. I think that these have been taken on board.

• Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Malcolm B.
Lighting Engineer
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Countfire Review"

Kommentare: Well worth the effort to try out. I would really allocate this to only one or two persons in an office and let them develop the skills necessary to be productive and create accurate take offs. I enjoy using it and continue to be surprised how well the end result evolves. Practice makes perfect, it can only get better.

Vorteile: As a Lighting Engineer with some knowledge of construction software and the difficulties one can experience in quickly getting up to speed with new programs, I was pleasantly surprised to find that even without reading any tutorials, I was able to navigate and complete a number of projects on my desk over a 24hr period. The guys at Countfire patiently watched me and offered advice how to improve my takeoff but I just kept going and only when I got into some bother did I read their suggestions. What this means is that a novice with some practical experience of popular programs such as Microsoft Paint etc. will quickly get a handle on the basics of this take off program. As with most things today..easy to learn..to master, takes time.

Nachteile: Nothing to do with the software but it does pick up some inconsistencies amongst Architects and Drafts-persons, some who clearly do not anticipate a computer checking their work. Some very sloppy drawings out there. I check the drawings now prior to uploading so that I have an idea of where I need to look closely. Again, it's not an issue with Countfire.

Aleshia M.
Fire Alarm System Estimator
Hausmeisterservice, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.7.2019

"Amazing & Friendly Staff"

Kommentare: Countfire has saved me tons of time performing takeoffs. It is also very helpful in accomplishing a set of takeoffs for a project with a quick turn around time.

Vorteile: I absolutely love the quick response from the members of the Countfire Staff. They are quick to respond and help resolve any issues you may have.

Nachteile: I love everything about the Countfire Program.

• Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Zachary B.
Senior Estimation Specialist
  • Bewertet am 9.2.2018

"Revolutionary takeoff experience. "

Kommentare: Reduction in time in the estimation process (magnitudes).

Vorteile: - clear cut user interface with everything hotkeyed, and the hotkeys labeled in plain sight
- PHENOMENAL customer service and support (I requested and had a feature built and deployed overnight, etc., etc., etc.)
- Documentation from another planet (over 25,000 words of concise walk through material
- Redundancy (the way projects are delivered after being processed eliminates worry and most potential for error)
- Data manipulation (the data spit-out from a project comes post-pivot table, saving us a step in formatting to get our numbers straight)
the list goes on and on - simply amazing!!
Will and the boys are a phenomenal team, awake at preposterous hours of the morning solving issues that could wait, etc. just amazing!

• Bewertet am 9.2.2018
Jeanne S.
Senior Estimator
  • Bewertet am 15.7.2019

"Highly Recommend"

Kommentare: Countfire enables the entire office to be involved which means an administrative assistant can do counts for the estimator freeing up the estimators time to handle the more complex details.

Vorteile: Easy to use, easy to master. Reports can be simply or page/area specific which makes it great when you need to do breakouts. Hot keys make the program flow, you can either use the mouse or use the keyboard - whichever you prefer. Best part is that once you select a symbol it searches all pages for that symbol making it very fast and freeing up a lot of time for other tasks. I have used on-screen take off, bluebeam and live count and found Countfire to be the quickest with the most detailed reports.

Nachteile: Not a lot of colors to choose from, would like to see more colors.

• Bewertet am 15.7.2019
Chris S.
Business Development Manager
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.2.2017

"Countfire is a lifesaver!"

Kommentare: From a user perspective, Countfire is a lifesaver. You upload your drawings simply and easily and within minutes you can have a scaled, marked up set of drawings with all measurements documented in an excel spreadsheet. I take this output and use it to accurately build quotes and check quantities on all projects from single residential to large scale hotels and commercial. For us it means that we can have accurate information to supply alongside our quotes to give us peace of mind that our measurements are completely transparent to clients without sending physical copies of marked up drawings. The guys at Countfire are beyond helpful and have put a huge amount of work into making the software work for us, they are always easily contactable and jump right in to help whenever there may be a problem.

It's dramatically reduced the time we spend on quoting, and in turn improved our workflow and relationship with clients. I couldn't recommend it more.

Vorteile: Easy and simple to use for a process that is inherently complex and difficult.

Nachteile: Countfire used to be heavily geared towards counting references and not linear measurements. There have been HUGE steps by the guys at Countfire to improve the linear side of things with many new additions to the software for this purpose. Some drawings on a large scale (1:200+) are hard to measure small lengths under 300mm, but this is a very minor issue that the support staff will help with on a project by project basis.

• Bewertet am 1.2.2017
Terry J.
General Manager
  • Bewertet am 30.5.2017

"Makes life very easy."

Vorteile: Countfire makes doing takeoffs extremely easy and the amount of time it saves leaves more time to do other things that need doing.

Nachteile: not enough colours in the palette, When you measure & ask for itemised it measures every click not just start to finish giving far to many reults

von Rapid Tender an 23.6.2017

Thanks Terry! I wanted to let you know we released an update recently to include more colours.

With measurements and how they're saved into the Excel spreadsheet, you have a choice between not itemised (just the overall total) and itemised (each individual measurement).

Itemising does definitely result in a larger spreadsheet because there's just a lot more information to represent within Excel, however, I also wanted to point you towards a workaround we have which allows you to round & summarise those measurements towards specific lengths (EG: set busbar lengths etc. There's more here:

• Bewertet am 30.5.2017
Michael D.
  • Bewertet am 1.3.2019

"Personal view of Countfire after 3 weeks"

Kommentare: Its quick and easy to use. There are a few things which can be done to make it even better but overall its far more efficient than using paper and coloured pens.

Vorteile: It is pretty easy to use once you are using it on a daily basis. It makes the take-off process a lot quicker and doesn't require the need for printing off a Forrest worth of trees for drawings, plus you don't need to keep a whole range of coloured pens handy.

Nachteile: I have found that I have gone back to drawings that I have taken off first time around and noticed symbols which I did take off were not highlighted. That could be simply down to me not saving each time. However, I have had to go back through each drawing to make sure I haven't missed anything. There should be something in place to highlight anything that has been missed.
It would also be helpful to have an option to pick regularly used symbols and containment so that you can save time not having to manually type them in.

• Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Greg P.
M&E Manager
  • Bewertet am 28.2.2019

"Countfire Review"

Kommentare: I have worked in the industry for many many years in directorship and management and used many costing / take off software. I can honestly say this is the best I have worked with. the level of detail you are with once you process a project is fantastic and it is very user friendly. And last but no means least the team are constantly on hand to help whenever needed and go above and beyond to ensure your experience with the software is positive. Thats not just an initial help that always.

Vorteile: I like near all features of the software but really like how user friendly it is and the level of customer care you get.

Nachteile: Not really come across anything that I dislike yet

• Bewertet am 28.2.2019
Chris C.
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.10.2016

"Brilliant estimating tool and great customer Service to back it up!"

Kommentare: Very helpful in times of need when a project needs a quick turnaround! The customer service team are also very responsive and there when you need them! Would highly recommend for estimating larger projects if you want to cut down on estimating time.

Vorteile: Speed, adaptability to pricing schedules/demarcations and the fact Countfire themselves are open to taking on ideas for user interface improvements to make take off easier

Nachteile: When drawings take ages to load up

• Bewertet am 18.10.2016
Ciaran C.
Snr Engineer
Architektur & Planung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.5.2017

"Quick, easy,fast and great support"

Vorteile: The ability to drag, drop and created elements save days of manual counting on paper.
the software can be used anywhere you have internet connection

Nachteile: an internet connection is required and a large amount of storage for dropbox also

von Rapid Tender an 23.6.2017

Thanks Ciaran! Countfire now automatically frees up space within Dropbox meaning you no longer need to purchase a paid Dropbox account.

With regard to needing an internet connection, there are a number of positives to consider too. We're able to provide near instant in-app support right when you need it (our current response time is less than 1 minute). Countfire is definitely not the kind of software you buy and then never hear from us again, and having an internet connection is an important part of us being able to provide that level of support to our customers. Additionally, new updates and features get rolled out immediately and we don't hold these back for a new version of the software, as can happen with traditional / older methods of software distribution. You always have the latest and best version.

John G.
  • Bewertet am 22.1.2019

"YPHS Electrical "

Kommentare: fantastic

Vorteile: Easy to use fantastic tool , great support service when you need help

Nachteile: It would be an advantage if you could free hand and write comments on your dwgs . Maybe this can be an update

• Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Adnan D.
Technician
Tiefbau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.5.2017

"Good, versatile, fast, ongoing development, active support"

Vorteile: The software is a good alternative to the usual means of working with large plans, as it saves a lot of time and space/printing materials

Nachteile: One of the cons is the requirement of the chrome browser, since the additional software isn't supported by the IT Department.

Diane M.
Electrical Take Off clerk
  • Bewertet am 11.10.2018

"Great so far"

Kommentare: So far, it is early days, I have found everything very straightforward. I spent time working through a lot of the help screens before I attempted my first take off, but still encountered a problem selecting some symbols. I couldn't find the answer myself so used the chat option. Within minutes I was chatting to someone who could help straight away with advice and even videos to show me how to deal with my problem. Looking forward to learning more as I progress.

Vorteile: Love the common sense feel to this software.
Very quick to do a take off.
Every problem I have encountered so far has had a solution.
Support and help screens are excellent.

Nachteile: I actually haven't found anything I don't like so far, but I have only been using it for a short time. I think it is just a case of getting your head around what the software needs from you to do its thing.

• Bewertet am 11.10.2018
Shane D.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.9.2017

"Easy and interesting way to count drawings much more efficiently and quickly "

Vorteile: It takes a bit of playing around with to get used to but any question I had was answered within minutes through the CountFire team chat, I find the automatic link with DropBox and CountFire very useful with all the counts done automatically through an excel quantities spreadsheet.

Nachteile: It doesn't pick up symbols that are the same but at a different angle, so a few extra counts must be done to count all the symbols

von Rapid Tender an 31.10.2017

Thanks Shane! I wanted to let you know we've just released a feature which allows you to automatically count symbols that are the same, but rotated through different angles :)

• Bewertet am 14.9.2017
Jack D.
junior estimator
  • Bewertet am 9.9.2015

"my review, would happily recommend!"

Kommentare: the software is relatively easy to use. the downside is that there is alot to learn compared to doing it manually. it is getting better now i have used it for a few weeks, but as a new starter i struggled to begin with. maybe an online tutorial would work well, i am not sure if you have this or not. the customer service is excellent, another problem is countfire doesn't always pick up all of the symbols, i often have to double check. Nevertheless, it is great in the sense that it is much quicker than doing it manually, i would happily recommend it to other users.

von Rapid Tender an 17.9.2015

Thanks very much for your review Jack.

In terms of training, we have training courses available and also have an online knowledge base. We're also always happy to jump on a screen sharing session to help learn the software on a one to one basis.

With making sure you pick up all the symbols, this is even a problem when doing take-offs manually. To help with this, Countfire allows you to hide all the symbols you've already counted so you can easily see what's left to count, and it also produces a set of drawings with all your counted symbols removed, which can be used as a quality control / checking process to make sure you've counted everything.

• Bewertet am 9.9.2015
Kevin T.
Senior Estimator
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.5.2017

"Fantasitic Easy to use software"

Kommentare: Fast tracking estimates

Vorteile: The level of accuracy and ability to populate all take offs into a spreadsheet format.
the software is very easy to use even if you don't have great Computer skills

Nachteile: occasionally things can be a little slow if drawings files are large.
if you don't have a great internet connection access can be difficult at times if working remotely from Home / Office PC

Aleshia M.
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.10.2017

"The product is easy to use and the support staff is amazing. "

Kommentare: I have saved a lot of time on performing take offs.

Vorteile: I like its chat option and the great support staffs fast response time. I also like how when I have a problem that I may run into one of the members of the support team will help me immediately. They can actually open and view the actual project I am working on and will send me a clip of how to get past what problems I may be having.

Nachteile: Nothing. Everything about this software is amazing. The support staff has a quick response. They normally respond is less than 5 minutes.

• Bewertet am 23.10.2017
Ben B.
Estimating Team Leader
  • Bewertet am 26.5.2017

"A brilliant and innovative piece of software that's helped the estimating team. "

Vorteile: The speed to be able to create a take-off which would've potentially taken many hours by hand. This software is saving the company so many man hours already.

Nachteile: Due to the way we use countfire we don't just use it for symbol counts. We use this for the measurement of luminaire leads. Sometimes the drawings can become a little busy and tricky to follow. So maybe the option to turn certain layers drawn in countfire off would help.

von Rapid Tender an 23.6.2017

Thanks Ben! Assuming I've understood things correctly here, it's already possible to turn off both automatically counted symbols, and any linear / area measurements or manual points.

It should just be a case of using the check boxes to the left of each symbol or measurement to hide it. There's more here:

Shaun M.
junior estimator
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.5.2017

"fast and easy to use"

Kommentare: saves time

Vorteile: it saves a lot of time rather than manually counting the items. it tally's up all the drawing at the one time and its very easy to use.

Nachteile: that when you select an item it pick up others as well. and sometimes you may have to go over some drawing to see if it missed out any of the symbols

von Rapid Tender an 23.6.2017

Thanks for your review Shaun! With regard to checking for symbols that haven't yet been counted, I wanted to reply with a help centre article outlining the 4 opportunities available to verify accuracy on your projects:

• Bewertet am 12.5.2017