Über Countfire

Echte automatisierte Take-off-Software, die tatsächlich funktioniert.

Erfahre mehr über Countfire

The ease of integration, no software to install locally.

Bewertungen zu Countfire

5,0

Countfire hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 192 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Countfire bereits verwendet?

Director of ARCS Division in USA

Future of Estimating

Countfire is a dream to use. It does everything I wanted when I imagined a program to help automate the takeoff process, and they are still improving and adding more. The ability to hide the background and define zones are two features that make complicated plans go so much quicker. Out of the hundreds of projects we've completed already, very few have issues that hinder the programs functionality. But when something like that does pop up, there is always somebody to respond quickly and take a look. They always are happy to hear customer feedback and take suggestions. I can't say enough good about the team behind this software, they are going to change the industry. I can't believe a couple of months ago in 2021 I was still printing drawings and using a yellow highlighter.

What I like least about the software is the output excel file is a bit complicated compared to what we are used to. I only count devices of one discipline at a time, there is really no reason for more than one sheet. After I download the take off from countfire I always delete about half the rows / columns and transpose the x and y.

Josh
Director in UK
Bau, Selbstständig

Game changing!

Kommentare: Fantastic!!Been using countfire for 4 years now and its made estimating a lot less laborious

The constant improvements and the ease of accurate take offs! Countfire team are always looking for ways to improve the software and take on customer feedback very well!Its also a massive bonus for my business model that all take offs can be done online and no need for a printer! Enables the company to operate from anywhere very easily..

A live catalogue of materials would complete this software. It would cut down time going out to get live prices on materials.

vor 5 Monaten

Game changing – Awesome! Thanks Josh You're spot on 👍. At Countfire we work on 2 week cycles, releasing hundreds of platform enhancements each year. Great to hear you're also benefitting from being able to log in and operate from anywhere. It would definitely be useful to have access to a live catalogue of materials. We have a feature request for this – your vote has already been added to it. Brilliant that you've been onboard for 4 years – looking forward to continuing our journey together!

Brody
Estimator in USA

Great quality product

The ability to select 1 symbol and count fire counts all of them.

Either the loading time or the fact that sometimes it messes up the background and believes it is not background. Though I understand this is probably due to the drawings rather than countfire.

vor 2 Monaten

Many thanks for your review Brody. Absolutely – when selecting your symbols Countfire searches for matches across all drawings in your discipline. When backgrounds aren't automatically hidden we have a number of options you can use by clicking the down arrow next to the background button. This allows you to: Customise – select parts of the drawing to hide with the default settings of your background. Restore defaults – return to Countfire's standard background settings. Restart – removes all background settings and allows you to start from scratch.

Caelan
Estimator in UK
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

One year review of the Countfire software

The takeoff software allows the user to quickly takeoff any project. The symbol counting tool is impressive and in the future when the project is in a later build most estimators will use this software.

The technology, while impressive hasn't reached perfection yet. I believe in years to come this will no longer be a problem. An example of this is the symbol counting software which doesn't accurately take off every symbol. To counteract this Countfire allows you to take as many snippets of the symbol as you want. Hopefully in the near future this will no longer be an issue.

vor 3 Monaten

Thanks for the review Caelan, glad you have been impressed with Countfire! Absolutely – it's great you have been able to complete your takeoffs quicker. We acknowledge there's always room for improvement – our product team work in two week cycles to release hundreds of platform enhancements a year. Countfire finds matches based on your selections. Occasionally, depending how the drawing has been created, symbols can be drawn differently so they don't automatically match with your first selection. To count these different symbols, just make additional selections under the same symbol heading. Really welcome feedback from our users. To submit a feature request click on the orange button in the bottom right-hand corner of the app and choose "Give Feedback".

Jake
Pre Construction Manager in UK

Taking off made easy!

Automatically counting multiple drawings at the same timeAbility to identify any issues/errorsConstantly adding new features

So far we have had no issues wit the software. The only very minor issue was not receiving a notification of duplicate symbols on a set of drawings but still not really an issue

vor 9 Monaten

Thanks Jake - really appreciate you leaving this review! Countfire's auto-counting feature is built on our own proprietary image recognition algorithm, this allows the software to automatically recognise selected symbols/text across all the drawings within that discipline. That's spot on - finding errors is easy! You can hide your counted symbols allowing you to visually check your work in the software. Once your takeoff is processed, we also provide a check sheet and pdf drawings so you can be confident your takeoff is 100% accurate. You're right, we are constantly updating and adding new features. To keep up to date with what we're doing you can read our changelogs here https://feedback.countfire.com/changelog Duplicates are a tricky one as it's essentially due to how the drawing has been created - there can be two separate symbols on top of each other and therefore counts as two in the final quantities. Although it rarely happens, when a project is processed we have safety measures in place that notify us if the software suspects any duplicates in your project. As soon as the duplicates get flagged we send out a message detailing where the duplicates have been found and how to fix them.

Eric
Sr. Lighting Engineer in USA
Bau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

CountFire Automated Take-Off Software

Kommentare: I could not be more pleased with CounFire. It is fast, accurate, easy to use, and has cut my time to perform a take-off by a factor of 10. Some may question a factor of 10, but try it and see that drawing symbols when counted on one drawing are also counted on all other drawings within the project drawing package automatically. Orientation is not an issue, and items not picked up are easily identified and added to the correct symbol list. Check drawings are also supplied as part of the final report to assure all errors have been resolved.

CountFire being a cloud based service gets you up and running quickly. CountFire Sales is there to get you started and introduce you to Technical Assistance and Training. The On-Line Help function is integral to the CountFire Platform allowing you to be able to function seamlessly as you work on projects. I can count drawing elements or make extremely accurate measurements in one tenth of the time I did manually without the cost of drawing reproduction. The Final Reports are perfectly formatted in MSExcel and ready for Bill of Material development.

I am still looking for a Con. I thought that since CountFire is in Great Britain that communications might be hampered by five, (5) time zones, but this was not the case. CountFire was there 24X7 to solve my self-inflicted start-up issues.

Jonathan
Pre-Construction Director in UK

Best Software in the market

Kommentare: It has made our estimating more productive and accurate.

Its a lot more intelligent than other software's

The cost is slightly higher than we would like to pay.

Ronan
Electrical Estimator in Kanada

Game Changer...

Kommentare: Using countfire has completely changed the way I do my job. I have gone from old school drawings and highlighters to paperless and streamlined. I would guess that it has increased my productivity by a factor of 3. Every day I learn of a new feature and if I have any questions or issues, they are dealt with quickly and efficiently by one of the superb and knowledgeable customer service gurus. I love that they are paying attention to what I am doing constantly and suggesting ways to improve how I'm doing it. Overall, this is a really great tool with FLAWLESS customer service, regardless of timezone issues. Thank you Countfire team.

It's easy to use, functions really well and they've thought of (almost!) everything! It's really great that it puts all the information into a nice, neat Excel spreadsheet so I can easily add my costings and work out my prices.

I'm only a couple of months into using countfire but there's nothing I don't like about it. I have made a couple of suggestions for features - I need to be able to switch from imperial to metric measurements at will being the main one. Autosave another. I think that these have been taken on board.

Erhan
Quantity Surveyor in UK
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Absolute time saver

Customer support. Whenever I need to know anything about software, I am answered in 2 mins.

I would love to work with dwg. files either. Because sometimes pdf files converted from dwg can be corrupted.

vor 3 Monaten

Absolute time saver – love it, thanks Erhan! Awesome to hear you've had a great experience with our support team – if you ever have any questions, you can send us a message on the orange button in the bottom right hand corner of the app. Files do need to be in PDF format to upload into Countfire. As long as the drawing has been exported to a proper PDF format (rather than a 2D PDF or image format), you shouldn't have any problems using all of the features of Countfire. Unfortunately if the drawing is a 2D format or an image, you're not able to count these with the automatic counting tool but we do have a manual count tool available.

Cliff
Estimator in UK

Review of Countfire

Kommentare: Still room for improvement however, the product itself makes the life of an estimator easier.

Taking off with ease, the zone arrangements and the typical organised nature of the software.

Product is a little bit 'choppy'. Requires a more fluid flow especially when panning.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you for the review – great to hear it's been making your life as an estimator easier! There are a few reasons you may run into "choppy" drawings (lag when zooming in and out or panning the drawing). It's likely to be either internet speed or the complexity of the drawing (i.e. level of detail on the drawing). If you run into this issue definitely contact our support team who will be able to investigate for you – message using the orange button in the bottom right hand corner of the app or email support@countfire.com.

Fredericksun
Estimator in USA

Best Estimating Takeoff Software

Kommentare: I've only been using it for a month or so but it has been very nice. The support team is phenomenal. They are very good at fixing any problems you might face. There is also a feature request page that you can request new features and everyone can vote on them and then the Countfire team will work on implementing that feature. The Countfire team is very active and always looking for new ways to make the experience better.

Features that I like the best: The Support: User Interface: I really like the clean simple user interface. It looks very nice and up to date unlike a lot of the competition. Autocount: In comparison to other software such as Livecount, Planswift, Bluebeam, eTakeoff, etc. Countfire is by far faster. I've used Livecount & Planswift the most. Countfire can do in 2 seconds what Livecount & Planswift takes 3 minutes to do. I can select a fixture type to autocount and it will find every fixture with extreme accuracy on every plan page in 2 seconds or less (Tested with a plan set of 120+ pages) Background Hide: Countfire has the ability to hide the background on a drawing. This is very useful when you have a messy plan set or when all the furniture and details are on the same page as the electrical. You can toggle it on and off. You can also define what is a part of the background and it will hide it. This makes it so much easier to see only the electrical stuff. Hide Counted Symbols. (Only works for symbols counted with autocount). This is a feature that most of the estimating takeoff software has but this does it in a much different way. It will actually hide the symbols that have been counted not just the digitizer count itself. This allows you to toggle off everything that has been counted and now you can see what hasn't been. This only works on the symbols that are counted with autocount. You can still hide the manual digitizer counts but it won't hide the symbol.

The estimating side isn't as advanced as some of the other competitors but they are currently working on a big update that will fix most of that.

Jake
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A great product which makes my job easier.

Kommentare: Overall countfire has made my job as an estimator a lot easier and quicker. It helps me maximise the speed of my take offs whilst making sure the quality is up to standard.

The product itself is very easy to use and get used to. I can take drawings off in whatever way I need, and even go back to edit take offs if needs be with no hassle.

One feature I would like to see added to countfire is the ability to copy a Group/Measure/Count. Sometimes on one drawing I could have multiple types of spurs for example, and it would be nice to be able to copy one line item, and edit part of the reference to save typing out the whole thing.

Adam
Senior Estimating Engineer in UK
Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use take off software

Kommentare: Great piece of software that not only speeds up the process but also helps with the reporting.

The software is easy to use and if in doubt the speed of assistance is almost immediate. The ease to choose symbols which then copies across to all drawings in that section makes it so much faster.

Not having used any other software for take offs in the past doesn't give me much to say what features the software lacks or is missing, anything we do use is a bonus and with new features constantly updating I cant fault it.

vor 9 Monaten

Thanks Adam! Really glad you're getting on well with the software and find it easy to use - our support response times are also something we're super proud of! In terms of not having used any other takeoff software I can understand it can be tricky to see what features you'd find useful. With that in mind, we're always happy to receive feedback from our customers and you can view our feature requests by clicking on the orange button in-app and selecting 'Give feedback'! You're right, we are constantly updating and adding new features. To keep up to date with what we're doing you can read our change logs here https://feedback.countfire.com/changelog

Malcolm
Pre Construction Manager in UK
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One Year In Review

Kommentare: The system is very easy to use which makes the familiarisation process quire easy.
With any new software you have to familiarise yourself with the peculiarities of the system and work with it to get the best from it which is what we have found with Countfire.
The first thing you notice is the speed and responsiveness of the auto count system which is so much better than other systems we have tried.
We have found Countfire to suit our business needs but there are improvements to be made and hopefully we will see this product develop further.

Easy to use, fast, useful for auto counting from certain revised drawings such as lighting. Demarcation of drawings is a good feature.

There is no 'back' button to help you correct mistakes - you have to rely on not saving changes which is not ideal. Recognition of different orientation of symbols is limited to 90 degrees only - expanding this would be useful. Typical small power symbol auto count can be time consuming because of how symbols are recognised by the system, this makes the auto count process unreliable particularly across multiple drawings - a manual count often becomes the best option which defeats the object.

Neil
Director in UK
Bau, Selbstständig

This product has revolutionized the way i run my business...

Kommentare: I've found the software brilliant and the customer service exceptional. Its taken my business to the next level and couldn't imagine how i would run my business without it.

Easy and quick to use. Absolutely brilliant.

It would be nice to be able to copy test off the drawings to paste in the software

letztes Jahr

So great to hear Countfire has made such a difference to your business Neil! In terms of copying text from drawings, we're sometimes a little restricted to what's contained within the PDFs and how it's been saved, but I can definitely see how useful it would be. I know we've got a feature request open for it currently.

Terry
General Manager in UK

Makes life very easy.

Countfire makes doing takeoffs extremely easy and the amount of time it saves leaves more time to do other things that need doing.

not enough colours in the palette, When you measure & ask for itemised it measures every click not just start to finish giving far to many reults

Antwort von Countfire

Thanks Terry! I wanted to let you know we released an update recently to include more colours. With measurements and how they're saved into the Excel spreadsheet, you have a choice between not itemised (just the overall total) and itemised (each individual measurement). Itemising does definitely result in a larger spreadsheet because there's just a lot more information to represent within Excel, however, I also wanted to point you towards a workaround we have which allows you to round & summarise those measurements towards specific lengths (EG: set busbar lengths etc. There's more here: http://help.countfire.com/workarounds/summarising-measurement-items

Niall
Senior Estimator in UK

Electrical Takeoff

Accurate and easy to use, managed software any issues you can contact the team

Price, the software is expensive - however does save time which would need to be considered

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for the kind review Niall. Really pleased to hear you're finding the software accurate and easy to use. Of course, if you have any questions our support team are always happy to help! We understand the price of the software can seem expensive, we're always happy to provide a Return on Investment (ROI) to reassure you that you're getting value for money – please get in touch if you'd like to see your ROI!

Aleshia
Fire Alarm System Estimator in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing & Friendly Staff

Kommentare: Countfire has saved me tons of time performing takeoffs. It is also very helpful in accomplishing a set of takeoffs for a project with a quick turn around time.

I absolutely love the quick response from the members of the Countfire Staff. They are quick to respond and help resolve any issues you may have.

I love everything about the Countfire Program.

Personal view of Countfire after 3 weeks

Kommentare: Its quick and easy to use. There are a few things which can be done to make it even better but overall its far more efficient than using paper and coloured pens.

It is pretty easy to use once you are using it on a daily basis. It makes the take-off process a lot quicker and doesn't require the need for printing off a Forrest worth of trees for drawings, plus you don't need to keep a whole range of coloured pens handy.

I have found that I have gone back to drawings that I have taken off first time around and noticed symbols which I did take off were not highlighted. That could be simply down to me not saving each time. However, I have had to go back through each drawing to make sure I haven't missed anything. There should be something in place to highlight anything that has been missed. It would also be helpful to have an option to pick regularly used symbols and containment so that you can save time not having to manually type them in.

Ciaran
Snr Engineer in Irland
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Quick, easy,fast and great support

The ability to drag, drop and created elements save days of manual counting on paper. the software can be used anywhere you have internet connection

an internet connection is required and a large amount of storage for dropbox also

Antwort von Countfire

Thanks Ciaran! Countfire now automatically frees up space within Dropbox meaning you no longer need to purchase a paid Dropbox account. With regard to needing an internet connection, there are a number of positives to consider too. We're able to provide near instant in-app support right when you need it (our current response time is less than 1 minute). Countfire is definitely not the kind of software you buy and then never hear from us again, and having an internet connection is an important part of us being able to provide that level of support to our customers. Additionally, new updates and features get rolled out immediately and we don't hold these back for a new version of the software, as can happen with traditional / older methods of software distribution. You always have the latest and best version.

Technical Account Manager in UK
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Time Saving Application

Kommentare: This lowers the rate of human error, whilst also saving on printing paper. Very quick turn around too :-)

I love the ability to join drawings, this is useful on Drawing updates, Split Drawings. I have also found a use for System Modifications too.

When I have to Manually Count, I find the dots placed can flood the drawing making it hard to ensure you have covered everything, when toggling the tabs, this equally leaves questioning.

vor 5 Monaten

Great to hear you're managing to save time Nicholas! Our Floor plan, Overlay and Compare features are really handy for handling layouts split over multiple drawings, checking compatibility between services and handling revised drawings. If you don't have any linear measures on your drawings, you can control the size of the manual points by changing the scale on the drawing in the measure tab. You can also hide the points you've already counted using the check box next to each measure heading to make it easier to complete the rest of your takeoff. It's awesome that you're benefitting from lowering the rate of human error and saving on printing paper on your takeoffs too.

Karl
Electrical Estimator in Irland
Bau, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Essential for estimating

Countfire is so easy to use. I've only recently moved to the estimating department and this tool is essential. I love that the Countfire team keeps an eye on the way you use the software and come in with suggestion how to use the tool more effectively if they see you making the same mistake multiple times. They will also offer suggestions on the most efficient ways to do your take-offs.

Countfire can sometimes fail to recognize the same symbol if there is a difference in orientation, but having said that, the "Toggle" function will identify missed symbols.

Diane
Electrical Take Off clerk in UK
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great so far

Kommentare: So far, it is early days, I have found everything very straightforward. I spent time working through a lot of the help screens before I attempted my first take off, but still encountered a problem selecting some symbols. I couldn't find the answer myself so used the chat option. Within minutes I was chatting to someone who could help straight away with advice and even videos to show me how to deal with my problem. Looking forward to learning more as I progress.

Love the common sense feel to this software. Very quick to do a take off. Every problem I have encountered so far has had a solution. Support and help screens are excellent.

I actually haven't found anything I don't like so far, but I have only been using it for a short time. I think it is just a case of getting your head around what the software needs from you to do its thing.

Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Brilliant estimating tool and great customer Service to back it up!

Kommentare: Very helpful in times of need when a project needs a quick turnaround! The customer service team are also very responsive and there when you need them! Would highly recommend for estimating larger projects if you want to cut down on estimating time.

Speed, adaptability to pricing schedules/demarcations and the fact Countfire themselves are open to taking on ideas for user interface improvements to make take off easier

When drawings take ages to load up

Caroline
Office and Fleet Manager and Specs Support in UK
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

First time user

Kommentare: Very positive so far - still learning but for me it has been quite easy to pick up so am very confident I will have the hang of it quite quickly.

It is very straightforward. I am a bit of a tech phobic and am picking this up quite easily.

Nothing yet as I have only been on it for a very short while

vor 4 Monaten

Great review – thanks Caroline! Awesome to hear you're picking up Countfire easily. If you have any questions, we always encourage our customers to send us a message – just click the orange button in the bottom right hand corner of the app.