Tested 20+ Chat Systems - Chatra Ranks #1 For Our Agency & Clients!

Bewertet am 17.11.2016
Daniel E.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've tested many systems out from CRMs, Inventory Management, Marketing Automation, etc. When I found Chatra It seemed like a copycat(ish) of Intercom.io' design. But once I gave them a shot it was so much more! #1 Reason this is a must have is because Chatra has brought our engaged customers from one every once in awhile (something like 1-2 per week if we were lucky) to 2-5 per day. That might not seem like much to some companies but we sell high dollar packages and subscriptions so the ROI is huge. There is just something about the way it is presented and the customers react to it. If you use something that is traditional then customers don't even see it anymore. Some other chat systems I FULLY tested and in some cases signed up for and used full time:
- Intercom.io
- Tidio
- Pure Chat
- and many more!
Here is what I like:
- My team can see everything and take on chats and transfer them super easy.
- Multiple team members can chat with a client at one time making a group chat easy and it feels right.
- The customers actually leave their info unlike other systems. Customers never wanted to leave their info in other systems we used but when we added Chatra to our site customers actually add the info in so we can continue the conversation by email and know who they are.
- Presentation is amazing to the client and feels natural.
- We can pick up chat from the chat app or from our email box. This is really nice because that works with our CRM too.
- Since the presentation is so well implemented the customer is not expecting an instant reply. We have used other systems that have similar functionality but people would be upset thinking that we were right there.
Who I think this is for: If you are busy and don't want to worry about being at your computer when your live chat is visible or deal with being "Offline". This allows you to always be online but if you are not right there then the customer knows you will be back shortly to pick up the conversation by email or on the website depending where they are. This is amazing for us because we are not big enough to have someone watching the chat box all day, we cannot worry about leaving our computer at a moments notice and having upset customers. What I don't like: Integrations are sparse and I hope they come up with a Zapier connection or more support for Zapier specific webhooks format so we can structure the data is a better way.

von Chatra an 17.11.2016

Thanks for the feedback, Daniel! We plan to add Zapier integration in the future (but there's no ETA yet, unfortunately), so stay tuned!

Great customer chat software with equally outstanding App

Sheldon S.
Website developer and English language teacher
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: This is the perfect software for chatting to customers. If you want more features, the paid subscription is great, but if you just want the basics, the free option works a treat.

Vorteile: This software is great if you are starting out small, since the free package (which I'm using) is fully functional and serves all live chatting needs. The App is also great and sends phone alerts when a conversation is started, meaning you don't need to stay logged in on a browser the whole time. I live and work in China and a perennial problem here is the great firewall of China (all things Google are a no-no) but it works super-fast here because there are no calls to googleapis (for JavaScript files), the downfall of many websites and software products. The emailed transcript of conversations is also a nice feature (though I believe standard, for this type of software). The company is also not pushy, so while there are occasional emails about the product and services, they are not bombarding you with emails to upgrade to a paid or more expensive option.

Nachteile: There isn't really anything I dislike about the software. The only thing is maybe the free trial, which gives you full functionality (useful for trying), so if you are going for a free or lower tier subscription, you might get attached to some features which later disappear.

Chatra features have helped connect our customers with our store

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Brenda J.
Owner & Business Manager
Bildende Kunst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been nothing but positive. I feel fortunate to have found and installed Chatra and can't imagine getting by without it

Vorteile: I loved all of the free trial features I had access to initially and feel that they are certainly worthwhile. Using the free plan, I miss having access to all of the data on our site's visitors at my fingertips but we benefit significantly nonetheless. I am still excited about the improved accessibility that our customers and visitors to our site feel thanks to Chatra. Our webstore caters to a personalized experience and authentic connections between our store's services and our customers. I found it easy to install and have had a seamless experience ever since. The auto-responses are totally customizable which I appreciate and I really find the setting of store hours to be helpful as well.

Nachteile: i wish all of the features were free but of course that is unrealistic and certainly the developers of this great product deserve to be compensated for their hard work!

Chatra is my go-to recommendation

Zax D.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been an Adobe partner designing and building software for over 20 years. I'm very picky about how software works and feels, but I can't think of one bad thing about Chatra. The experience to the user is very transparent. It stays out of their way until they need help, then it's right there waiting. I can use it to help with conversions. I can use it to help debug problems. I can turn features on and off without programming. It's well-executed, well-designed and support has been very helpful and intelligent. It's also incredibly affordable. I highly recommend it.

Vorteile: Very easy to add to site. Makes it a lot easier to give customers a personal touch with a small staff. Captures user details that makes debugging problems faster, especially when the problems are only happening on specific devices.

Nachteile: Believe it or not, I can't think of anything I don't like.

We love chatting with Chatra!

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Customer Service Representative
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Chat has really helped us be more available to customers without always having to be tied up on the phone. We love it!

Vorteile: Our support team has loved having a chat option in our software. It has cut down a lot on the phone calls we receive and it helps us answer our customers' questions immediately, with the option to ask questions and follow up as necessary. Our customers have also expressed that they really like having the chat feature on our website. We can have multiple team members available at one time, have chats assigned to different chat teams or have different tags depending on where the chat originated in our system. It has been great!

Nachteile: The only think I can think of is that it sometimes crashes (using the browser version).

von Chatra an 7.12.2018

Thank you!

Turned out to be the best option for small online shop project

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Lead Software Test Automation Engineer

Kommentare: Our raw estimate is that we increased sales up to 30% thanks to clients appreciation growth

Vorteile: We was able to try the chat for free (with single operator only) that made easier to make a decision to purchase Chatra subscription. What we liked them most as we got paid version is ability to create group chats. We have up to 10 operators coming online simultaneously and some of them are experts in particular areas. When some specific question comes up, it's easy to drag expert guy into it.

Nachteile: Once we got an issue with widget rendering on device with small screen.
By looking into advanced configuration of the widget we were able to figure out how to scale it in proper way though.

von Chatra an 3.8.2018

Thanks for the feedback!

fantastic online business help

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Sofie D.
designer
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It really helped with the customer communication, I always think that if you have a doubt with something regarding the understanding of the features on a website, the customer might give up very fast, because it takes too much time to go to your email and send a​ message and then wait to get an answer, with Chatra this problem is solved, people/consumers can get real-time answers to their question while being on the website, it made indirectly things better for my business by making things easier for my customers

Vorteile: I really like how easy and pleasant it is to be used, the platform design is very modern and clean, and it integrates well with the desktop application. Another thing that I really like is that you can also create​ automated messages based on the different situation, therefore it is very flexible and helps in any kind of situation the users.

Nachteile: There is not really something that I don't like, it just can get a bit costly if you need more than one online agents, but there are pretty flexible options, even the free one is already quite convenient.

von Chatra an 13.11.2018

Thanks, Sofie!

Chatra is Great for Small Business Use

David G.
Managing Director
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With many similar products available to choose from, I had to focus on a few points that I felt were important to me and my business. First, was the ability to engage in more then one chat at a time on the free package. I wanted the ability to deliver a first class service through a chat facility, and I felt that not being able to respond to more than one person at a time would mean that I could never really deliver a top response time. Chatra was the only one I could find that offered multiple simultaneous chats on their free package after their trial period ran out. This is so that if ever my paid subscription lapsed then my client help services wouldn't be affected. Second, time is precious for entrepreneurs like myself, so the quicker we can learn something new the better. I found the Chatra management interface extremely intuitive with plenty of good & clear help guides. To 'test' the chat interface before making it live on my company's website, I contacted Chatra through their own help chat box. I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of their response and the professionalism of their replies. Following that chat test, I went live with Chatra for my business and never looked back. Since going live, I've had plenty of fantastic conversations with potential & existing clients and they always pleased with the speed of answers and ease of speaking to us than had they had contacted us via e-mail. I highly recommend them for anyone considering to add such an application to their website.

Vorteile: Simplicity of use for myself and the people contacting me.

Nachteile: None that I can think of - it ticks all of my current requirements.

Thank you, David!

Alreaady great and getting better.

Davids D.
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Chatra is a great choice for online chat, I am sure you will love it.
Is it worth it? Absolutely.
Is it better than competition? In many ways yes, but they are also different. Chatra is definitely one of the top choices. Add it to your shortlist, give it a try and then decide. My vote went for Chatra, leaving others behind.
Are there any cons to consider? Yes, your competition will likely add Chatra to their website as well. Seriously.

Vorteile: Easy to use;
Features like no other product;
Cost effective;
Easy to install and manage;
It just works.

Nachteile: Lacks html support in messages;
Limited languages supported;
No time triggers for proactive chats.

von Chatra an 16.11.2016

Thanks for the feedback, Davids! In the future we plan to add HTML support and also API that will allow you to translate the widget into different languages on your side, so stay tuned! As for the time triggers - it's already possible to connect proactive chat invitations to the time spent on current page or on website. Or do you mean anything else?

Easy - and perfect for our needs

Bewertet am 17.11.2016
Leigh N.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used Chatra for several months, and find it easy and perfect for our needs. We looked into several solutions, but most of them tried to be so... everything... that they were just complicated, expensive and difficult to apply to our small company. Chatra lets us chat with customers and/or follow up with e-mail later - exactly what we need - and it has definitely increased sales. With saved replies and the ability to see where the customer is surfing, we can respond in a timely and relevant fashion.

Vorteile: Ease of use.

Nachteile: Not always sure who receives the chats... or how new chats are allocated between online staff.

von Chatra an 17.11.2016

Thanks for the feedback, Leigh! Chats are assigned like this: new chats come to the queue of all agents online, whoever reacts first and starts typing an answer takes the chat. Once the chat is assigned to a particular agent, it will disappear from the queue of other agents. If you are using automatic triggers and a visitor replies to a proactive invitation sent on behalf of a certain agent, this agent will receive the notification first, and if they do not react within 30 seconds, all other online agents will be notified.

Great find!

Jack A.
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been through a few customer support chat systems over the last couple of years. PureChat, Olark, and one other I can't remember. They all had various benefits, and shortcomings. One day I got a message from someone at Chatra asking me if I'd be interested is switching away from Olark. I don't usually respond to cold calls but it looked like a decent system so I gave it a try. 6 months later and I'm still very happy with the choice. The web interface is very easy to use, the integration with HelpScout fits perfectly in my workflow, and I've connected it to Easy Digital Downloads to show customer information alongside my support chats. Their mobile app does everything I need, and support has been very helpful whenever I needed it. I'd highly recommend Chatra to anyone looking for a customer support chat system.

Vorteile: Interface, mobile app, integrations

Nachteile: Wish they had a way to see current visitor activity and manually trigger a chat like Olark does

von Chatra an 17.11.2016

Thank you for the feedback, Jack! We are currently working on a feature that will allow you to see the list of online visitors and manually start a conversation, so stay tuned!

Great user experience on both sides

Ewa L.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I'm really pleased with the app so far. It made it easier to connect with potential clients and help them out. Already on the first day, we had the Chatra app to thank for enabling a user to notify us of a technical problem and give us an idea for a future feature update.

Vorteile: Chatra has a very polished design. Both the chat widget and the admin dashboard are easy to navigate and use. The set-up was a breeze and the mobile apps make it easy to keep on top of all incoming messages. The automatic triggers (currently in paid version only) add nice extra functionality for increasing engagement and conversions.

Nachteile: The chat button position options are very limited (all corners and middle of left/side/bottom edges of the screen). The position you choose will be applied to both desktop and mobile view, which is not ideal, as these designs have often different layouts. Ideally one should be able to set the widget's position on the desktop and mobile views separately.

von Chatra an 27.6.2019

Thanks for the review, Ewa! We have a custom code that allows you to change the position of the mobile button without affecting the desktop view. Chat with us on our website or send us an email to support@chatra.io, and we'll give you the code.

Nice enhancement to my customer relations

Cindy D.
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Customers consult with me whilst placing an order, and I can give them confidence in their selection and personal attention. I can provide an immediate resolution of the customer's questions. Customers who might not make the effort to email are communicating with me.

Vorteile: Customers have another way of contacting me. When I'm online, it is spontaneous like a conversation. Chatting on Chatra keeps them on my website so they can order.

Nachteile: I often don't know who the person is. Maybe that's not a problem with the software, but I wish people were required to give their name. And sometimes they will not leave their email so I have no way of responding to their query.

von Chatra an 21.6.2019

Thanks for the review, Cindy! You can check "Get messages only once the contact form is filled" and "Get offline messages only once the contact form is filled" options in the Chatra Bot settings to make the contact form required. In this case, visitors will not be able to proceed until they enter their name and email. Hope this helps!

Great conversion rate

Alex W.
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Excellent experience, I would recommend this solution for every website owner.

Vorteile: I use chatra in my e-commerce and it helped me increase the conversion rate. Many sales were closed using Chatra. Also, I have a database of all contacts made, wich can be very useful for marketing and pos sales purposes. The mobile version works very well and it helped me a lot - even when I was away from my PC, I was not away from my customers.

Nachteile: Only the pricing model that could be adequated, but it pays for it easily.

von Chatra an 21.6.2019

Thanks for the feedback, Alex!

Very good chat solution

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Pedro G.
Senior Global Digital & eCommerce Manager
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was really good, only used he paid version during the trial period but then I kept using the free version,

Vorteile: They have a free version of the software that has enough functionality to allow a SMB to use it on their site to do customer support. Really easy to integrate through Google Tag manager making it simple even if you don't have technical knowledge. Also allows you to setup business hours and then has a log. Also it has a mobile app.

Nachteile: On the free version only one user is allowed at the same time and also it lack a lot of integrations with other tools. In the case they leave you missed messages the interface could be better.

von Chatra an 13.11.2018

Thanks for the feedback, Pedro!

Chatra Review

Brit G.
Customer Success
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Works really well and is very affordable

Nachteile: Load time on web app can be a bit slow. Cross-device notifications don't always clear

Chatra helps you connect with buyers

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Danielle M.
Director Of Operations

Vorteile: I've tried lots of chat systems for our website and client websites. Chatra is perfect for Shopify stores and makes it so easy to respond to questions. The free version is great for most small businesses but if you get the paid you can actually be more strategic. I also love that it has desktop notifications.

Nachteile: I had issues with my login and connections to shopify and somehow had two accounts setup. If you run multiple stores it can be confusing as it auto logs in. Once it was cleared up it worked fine.

My Chatra Review

Bewertet am 13.12.2016
Susan S.
Owner and Founder
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been using Chatra for close to a year now. Integration & installation was simple. Set up was also simple but took a few tests to fully understand how the options I built up worked on my site. Helpdesk support is quick and very helpful. I like how I receive sounds on my iPhone when a customer is on my site. I can connect with anyone, anytime. I didn't have this option before Chatra. Connecting with customers at the time they need answers has been so important to building community with my customers. I also love how the conversations I've been able to create read like I'm online. Customers can interact with my message, this gives me time to get on the app and respond in real time. Oh, I have tried other chat apps. I didn't keep them long. Thanks, Chatra; you're a keeper!

Vorteile: See my review... but I like how we've been able to build chat conversations for customers when I'm not online. It reads well and people respond to it.

von Chatra an 14.12.2016

Thank you, Susan!

Tried Drift and other first before Chatra and I was blown away with the quality

Michael D.
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are using Chatra to easily communicate with the customers on Sprintbooks.co — we suggest various notebook layouts on the home page, but we then have a call to action to chat with us if they are still unsure which notebook would be best. Chatra ticks all the boxes for our sales pipeline.

Vorteile: It's super simple and easy to use, without confusing dashboards and clutter or features you don't use.

Nachteile: I literally can't think of anything I would change or do better.

The best chat system I know

Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Pascal B.
Head of Product
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Installing Chatra on our website has not only changed the way we directly communicate with the users of our website, but also our approach to user research and email collection.
It's obviously great to be available for our users at any moment to help them find a better way to send money abroad or to answer any questions they could have on a money transfer provider, but we also use Chatra pro-actively to ask targeted questions to users matching certain criteria. When we launch a new feature on our comparison platform for example, we'll start a chat with the users using it for the first time to ask them if everything make sense to them.
Even when we're not online on the chat, we configured offline messages in Chatra which help us collect emails of potential leads.
Thanks to Chatra's flexible API, the app is well integrated with our analytics and support software. The chat is now definitively a key part of the user journey of many of our users.

von Chatra an 29.7.2017

Thanks, Pascal!

Excellent chat for your startup !

Bewertet am 13.1.2018
Orlando O.
Co-founder

Kommentare: A good chat for our startup at good price!

Vorteile: Is very fast, easy to use and the managing dashboard is really good. We have been using it for almost 2 years. Also, it works perfectly on mobile which is good for our business and our users. The customer support also is very responsive. We feel like is a team working really hard on improve every month the product.

Nachteile: The API could be a little bit better. They should let technological teams mold better the size of the things or customize some stuff. They also should offer different plan prices.

von Chatra an 15.1.2018

Thank you for the feedback, Orlando!

Best Chat App Around!

Danielle P.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Chatra was a simple install and very easy to customize to match our theme. Best of all, it converts 99% of our (chat) visitors into customers. When a visitor can chat directly and instantly with us about a question, it's an opportunity for us to meet their needs in real time. They are more confident doing business with us because there is a level of trust they experience while speaking with someone directly. To be able to see what user is typing before they hit send, helps us to respond quickly and efficiently. We love the fact that it works just as well on mobile, and we can answer questions on the go! The personal service we receive from Yaakov is exceptional. Highly recommend!

von Chatra an 16.11.2016

Thank you, Danielle!

Great live chat!

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Stephan B.
Financial Advisor
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We utilize chatra sometimes in our office, we like to switch it up. Chatra is relatively newer but a lot of engineers in our university office utilize it for communication and find it easy and efficient! I personally find it easy and intuitive as well.

Nachteile: We enjoy chatra, it's great software to use and have in big offices!

I use Chatra on a daily basis to handle support and pre-sales. It's by far the best!

Bewertet am 13.10.2017

Kommentare: Chatra makes customer support and pre-sales dead simple.

Vorteile: I love the ability to see what the user is typing in real time, even before they submit their message. Also, they offer a really nice app for Mac.

Nachteile: While they have many features that competitors don't have, they lack in some basic features like the ability to manually send chat transcript.

Great To Have But

Bewertet am 8.12.2018
Dawn M.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Chatra helps me to communicate with my customers on the spot. Sometimes that results in sales, but usually, for me, it gives me the ability to build a rapport with my customers by being there and giving info when they need it.

Vorteile: I like that the software allows you to integrate with Shopify and Facebook Messenger. The integrations allow me to be able to see the pages that my customers are exploring in my online shop and be proactive with a chat to offer help if the customer appears to be stuck. It also gives me the ability to see which blog post the customer is reading and offer to answer any questions.

Nachteile: The operations were a little confusing. I wasn't quite sure if the cost for Pro was for an admin and one agent or if the admin was the one agent. There are additional charges for more than one agent, but the platform was not very clear about whether the 1 agent included, was for an agent outside of the admin. It was a bit annoying.

von Chatra an 11.12.2018

Thanks for the feedback! We'll try to make the part about agent accounts more clear.