Keeper Security Saved Me After A Robbery

Bewertet am 18.9.2016
Catherine a. M.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I currently use the Keeper Security app on my iPhone 6 and my MacBook Pro. Nearly four years ago I was struggling to keep track of all of my log in IDs and passwords. I knew it was important to have a variety of passwords and a complexity to them across all the electronic areas I utilized. I found the Keeper Security app to be easy to use. I soon out-grew my need for the free version and purchased the full application. This product has far surpassed my expectations! It is easy to use, back up, and synchronize with my laptop. I highly recommend this product for individuals, but would recommend it for small businesses as well. A final testimony to how this product has served me: In 2015 my home was broken into and my spouse and I got cleaned out! To make matters more complicated, we were living outside of the USA at the time. Luckily, I still had one computer and I was able to access my Keeper Security backup. Because I had Keeper I could provide all of the account numbers of my banking information, license, and passport to the police. I could call back to the USA and work with one of my banks and my credit card institutions, because I had kept the phone numbers associated with them in the Keeper Security folders that I set up. This application, this software really saved me during one of my darkest days. Again, I highly recommend this program.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Easy to access when you need to look up something quickly and in the moment. I have 235 listings currently and I grow the data base each week because I find one more thing to keep secure. I am able to have highly complex passwords for my financial profiles because Keeper will generate them for me. I can choose the length of password I need and press the magic dice! I like having all of my insurance information, email passwords, all the access information I forget to use with Apple, and I can have a different password for each website I sign into.

Nachteile: The one thing that I have recommended to Keeper is to create a price break for those who want it for just two people in the household. Right now there is no price break for two. The pricing structure is great if you want to buy a family plan, but I don't have five people in my household.

Love Keeper for Business

Bewertet am 15.12.2019
Tom S.
Computer Technician
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: It makes all my password needs safe and secure and helps me be certain that my business is not threatened by unwanted hackers. I generally use a 16 character password and I've never experienced a hacker breaking one of my passwords. My business is password safe!

Vorteile: It's easy to work, saves lots of time looking up passwords, keeps my passwords secure from hackers, makes it easy to assign a password to a given site, makes it easy to insert my password into a site, and the cost to use it on all my devices is a true bargain.

Nachteile: At times, within certain programs or sites, the automatic entry feature doesn't initiate. In those instances it is a bit of a hassle to open the Keeper program and copy and paste the password, but fortunately this is more the exception than the rule.

Keeper is. Keeper

Bewertet am 12.10.2019
Anna christine P.
Local Tech Support II
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We require our end users to change their master password every 4 months. Our higher end security level clearance users are required to change their master password daily. That’s a lot to keep up with and keeper has helped our end users decrease their tickets for lost password by over 92%.

Vorteile: Ease of use for end users; top notch security; ability sync across devices

Nachteile: Would prefer it force client to chose or create a folder. My client sometimes create loads of entries without folders and they are heavy users then get lost. The search feature is an excellent tool for them to use but folders help keep them organized.

Not Suitable for Business Use

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
James R.
COO

Kommentare: Even though we pay for the "business" level of this software, their support is terrible. Their online chat support is only available for consumer, not for enterprise. There's no phone number for business support. All you can do is fill out a contact form on their support website, and they are extremely slow to respond. When I pushed for a phone number from the "consumer" support person in online chat, they did finally give me a number, but it went straight to voicemail. They eventually called me back and tried to blame me for the problem. They said that if you don't set up your folders from the beginning with "default permissions" then there's nothing you can do afterwards to fix the problem. I explained that when a product advertises itself as "enterprise" grade, they have to understand that (1) employees come and go rapidly; and (2) admins must have full authority to edit permissions on any record within the organization, especially those created by previous admins or employees. If any of your employees stores a record as "Read Only" then not even an admin can change this. If that employee leaves the company there's no way for you to ever change the records that the employee created. The Keeper support person made it seem as if this is a perfectly normal and logical way to do things, and tried to blame me for "not setting up the default folder permissions correctly at the beginning". Of course, I wasn't the one who set it up originally, that was a previous admin!

Vorteile: Allows you to set up teams and roles. Allows you to upload your company logo.

Nachteile: This software is not suitable for businesses who have to manage multiple users. Even though the software allows you to create "Shared Folders", the records stored in each folder are still owned by individual users. So, even if you are an administrator and you have admin privileges on a shared folder, you still can't edit records that were saved by other users. If those users go on to leave the company, you will be permanently unable to edit those records. In a large company, people come and go, so you could end up with hundreds of "orphaned" records that you are unable to manage.

Love this App

Bewertet am 6.10.2019
Jeanine F.
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I am able to hold hundreds of passwords and access my accounts!!!

Vorteile: This app is very user friendly and within the app allows you to store various aspects to an account. For example you have your user name and password, but can add websites, write in verification questions and answers, account numbers, etc. I love the face recognition so i don't have to type in my password all the time. I have to say that I emailed customer service as I had a question and not only did I get a Prompt email response; I also received a phone call to ensure I was able to make the changes I needed. LOVE THIS APP!!!!!!

Nachteile: I have absolutely no complaints or negative comments

Nothing Better

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I love everything about this program I refer it to everyone and I tell them I practice what I preach. This program should be a no brainer for anyone. I love that I can create folders separate for each client and other things that I need.

Vorteile: Everything is a pro about this software! I use this for every use you can think of I never leave home without it. Its not just for passwords it can be used for any and everything. I love that when you update one device it is updated across all devices.

Nachteile: You can not share an entire folder you must share one file within the folder at a time and when shared the other party must login via the web and add the file to the folder it belongs too. Would be nice to have this right inside the program as it was in previous versions.

I have used it for a few years now and I have come to rely heavily on it.

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Flight Attendant
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I like that my passwords are easily accessible because the app is easy to open once set up. I really like the ability to search for the file I need. I like that I can sort the passwords into files and subfiles. The Keeper app has grown and improved over the years I have used it and I really like the improvements.

Nachteile: Most passwords are for websites or apps and they are always associated with an email you would have on file with the site or app. Not the website address. Often those ask for you to put in the email address you have on file with them. I would like a dedicated field for each file that you can list the email address you use for that site or app. I usually use the "notes" section for this purpose. I have to go back through my files and move my "account numbers" from the notes section to the section Keeper now has dedicated to filling in account numbers.

Absolutely brilliant and functional password solution!

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Nikolay S.
Web Developer
Programmentwicklung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Use it, make all people I work with use it and share the news because great product deserves to be promoted by real users.

Vorteile: Easy to use from day one.
Very intuitive and no nonsense interface.
Cross-platform support is great.
Most popular browsers are well supported and desktop apps actually work.

Nachteile: Might be a bit hard to switch between accounts. I wish there was a separate feature specifically to login as another account.

My digital memory

Bewertet am 4.11.2019
Jan P.
Marketing Consultant / owner
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Always my passwords at hand, on my mobile and online.

Vorteile: So many passwords to remember.. Now I only have to remember 1. Great app!

Nachteile: Nothing, Software is great. I don't see any negative points

Awesome Product

Bewertet am 11.11.2019
Leona E.
Customer Service Rep
Telekommunikation, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The thing I like most about Keeper is they encrypt my information to keep it safe.

Nachteile: I don't really have anything I dislike about Keeper.

Great for enterprise, small business, community organisations or personal use

Bewertet am 10.7.2017
Sharyn M.
Training Analyst
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: - I love that I can attach files to a record. Example of use: saving a login and password for an insurance site allows me to keep images of my possessions attached to that site.
- I use Keeper's random password generator when I am signing up to a new site. This is so handy as I don't have to spend ages finding a password that conforms to organisational complexity.
- Business use: I keep my website domain hosting details in Keeper. Create a record, enter the login and password but also attach notes to the record such as renewal dates, which credit card I used to renew, domain lookup information.... pretty much anything I need to know about renewing my domain is cut and pasted into this record for easy access.
- Personal use: As I am a tech support for my family and friends, I have a folder for Mum, one for Dad, one for Best Friend etc. As they are all technophobic, i keep their logins and passwords as a backup so if they forget, they can just call me and ask.

Vorteile: The feature that I like best about Keeper is being able to access it anytime, anywhere from any device - at the time that I need it.
I've used it for both work and personal use and recommend it to all my customers.
- I only have to remember one password - it only takes me a second to access any site.
- I have the ability to copy and paste a password without exposing the password to others to see.
- Keeper has a browser extension that allows me to save new site logins and passwords automatically.
- I like that I can sort passwords into Subjects or Folders, which is easier for organisation

Nachteile: I would prefer the ability to make sub-folders under the main folder headings, but that is not a show-stopper - more of a personal preference really.
I think the pricing is reasonable, however, I think the personal licence should include two devices instead of just one.

Never forget a login or lose a password again. Even those that are seldom used.

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Patrick L.
Enrolled Agent - Certified Tax Resolution Specialist
Finanzdienstleistungen

Vorteile: Easy to use app. The new user quickly realizes what a functional tool Keeper is for organizing in logical fashion all you logins and passwords. Folders allow for keeping track of multiple accounts related to the same login. There is the option to leave comments on the app directly inside the folder so that "thing" you have to remember you don't forget. The app allows the addition of fields to expand on the size and amount of data you can enter into the folder. If you have several items that you discover need to be put into one folder you can do this quite easily. I have come to rely on this app and not my memory as the number of logins and passwords in my life grow. The cost is minimal but the value is evident. It is a simple idea that was well thought out and does what it claims to do. What more can you ask from a product? I gave customer support 4 stars only because I have never had to use them for any reason. If service is like the product in terms of reliability than it would have been correct to give them 5 stars. I was skeptical about this product in he beginning because there are so many competitors I thought it was a risky buy. It was a good purchase. I don't love the product it just works!

Nachteile: The only complaint it isn't free. I have tried other free password vaults and they fall short of Keeper. I know there should be more to complain about but I haven't found anything.

Keeper Makes Your Life So Much Simpler

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Paul W.
Consultant
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I highly recommend Keeper. It has competitors, some of which are slightly cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Keeper is rich in features and can really help you to get your business's or your own cyber security under control.

Vorteile: Keeper has given me the ability to create, maintain and securely store and retreive more than two hundred and fifty unique passwords, PINs, and the answers that I have given to the security challenge questions that I use to access password protected websites as well as my numerous devices. I also store a lot of sensive data in Keeper, like family health records, contents of safe deposit boxes and their locations, license and VINs numbers on autos that I own, etc. It is a wonderful tool for both work and personal records and because I only have to remember one password, it can be long (mine is more than fifteen digits) and can contain numbers, symbols, and upper and lower case letters. All of my other more than 250 passwords maintained by Keeper are similarly complex. The length and complexity of the passwords that you create is limited only by the rules of the individual websites that you use. Can you remember 250 distinct, long, randomly generated alphanumeric passwords? No, but Keeper can. Just remember to put a copy of your "master" password in a secure place (like a safe deposit box) in case you have a memory lapse.

Nachteile: Almost nothing bothers me about Keeper. It has many, many features, some of which I have yet to use, but it works well on all of my devices (Windows, Android and iOS) as I currently use it. There is a learning curve with Keeper, but not to difficult. You will be using many of Keeper's features after a few hours of use, and its basic features after a just a few minutes.

Keeper for Business is the best software for maintain privacy of your documents

Bewertet am 24.3.2019
Sharon C.
blogger
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It is invaluable, I have had it for YEARS. You have virus software for your computers and tablets. This is just double protection for your business and they have a personal version. When I say its worth the yearly fee, it is, If I remember correctly you can on multiple devices and teams for the price

Vorteile: The security and ease of setting up the product. I put it on everything I own and I have had no problems. It keeps up with important documents, passwords and keeps them stored and protected on a yearly service. Provides encryption and chat if your need it for security reasons. You can keep memos, digital files and photos on your device. You can share the files and add family members just in case of emergency. Also protects you from any data breaches or if your phone or other devices are hijacked. Worth every penny and you can customize it to your tastes as well.

Nachteile: There is a learning curve when knowing to set up which files and folders; watch the tutorial. If you lose your password or forget your backup information to get back on you can be locked out or it can self destruct. Its great for theives, not so much for you. You can call or email customer service to get back on.

Keeper a great password Manager for it's money.

Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Denis V.
MS SQL Server DBA

Kommentare: This app is definitely in the top of the best password managers not only in my, but also in the world ranking and is not worth so much money that you can lose without protecting your data and pay a much higher price.

Vorteile: A great password Manager, which has a very rich functionality. You will love these built-in functions as built-in password generator that will help you to generate long, strong and most importantly do not duplicate passwords that will protect your precious data and now you don't have to invent them yourself, but the main thing to remember or worse write what actually is, is an app that stores these passwords in encrypted form, and the attackers will not be able to use them. Just want to note such functions as automatic filling of your credentials on all platforms and on any device. Owners of devices with fingerprint access will be able to use it when accessing the Keeper password database. Cardholders will also be pleased with the possibility of automatic filling of forms in online stores. With this application you will not only protect your credentials, but also protect your personal files such as videos, photos, saving them in the cloud. And to top it all off, I'd like to mention two-factor authentication

Nachteile: The application is paid, but it is unlikely that this can be regarded as a minus because for the lost data sometimes you have to pay a lot more, so that the application is definitely worth the money.

Simple, Elegant Password Management that I have used for 2+ years

Bewertet am 6.11.2017
Business Intelligence Analyst
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used the app for over two years and have found it to be a time-efficient and safe way to store my passwords for ALL my online accounts. I also store other important information on there (like SS # etc)

Vorteile: Browser App Extension allows you to have passwords automatically entered. Such a time saver
Seamless integration and syncing between devices
I guess we have no way of knowing if the App is REALLY safe but if you goto keeper.com they have extensive documentation on how they encrypt and store your data, their security disclosure and their certifications. I guess if you're really worried you should store your passwords under your mattress at home.

Nachteile: Sometimes the Browser App Extension Popup does not bring up the correct login. An example of this occurs when you are on an ecommerce site and taken to a 3rd party payment site (ie Paypal Popup) but you retain the shops URL. As Keeper does URL matching to determine what password to retrieve this can be an issue...you need to open the Vault interface and get your paypal password. A way to select what username/password combo from the popup dialog would make things easier.

Safe Deposit Box for All Your Passwords

Bewertet am 22.10.2018
Dennis T.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best password generator I've ever used. It's simply great!

Vorteile: This is a great product. Keeper is a vault and a generator for passwords. And it also has a browser extension that allows the vault to be accessed while online. Keeper can generate ids and passwords for new sites...and they are very secure passwords...very cryptic 128-byte passwords. It also is has fields for storing answers to questions used to verify one's identity that are sometimes used by sites. In the vault, you can organize passwords in folders...for example, all banking passwords in one folder, home information sites in another. And it will fill in the id's and passwords automatically if you wish. The vault can be backed up to the cloud or stored on another device of your choosing. The can print them out. Finally, it will sync across several devices. Create a password on your computer, it shows on your tablet or phone.

Nachteile: This product is simply great! They do have a small charge annually if you want to share the program with other family members.

Password keeper on web and app

Bewertet am 16.1.2020
Jonathan F.
CTO
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Use it almost every day, with over 100 passwords . Very reliable. I use the search almost every day, rather than scroll down 100 sites to find the one starting P, etc. Have a hickup every 2 years of so with customer service when they bill us - we paid for a legacy lifetime-fee that they no longer support, or seem to keep records of. they should have put it in keeper. Custome rservice resolve this each time for another 2 years.

Vorteile: can group passwords into folders, for home, work, family member, project, etc
has a space for notes as well as web site, ID, password.
decent search
option to generate strong passwords for you
cut n paste in the app
web access
on my android phone, it uses the fingerprint for access
now does auto sync, so we can update on one device and get the info on another without manual syncs.

Nachteile: Used to limit how many devices you could run it on, not sure if they still do.
for security, when you phone screen goes off, and you re-unlock your phone 5 seconds late, the app is also locked and required unlocking. Its safe, but tells me my screen time out is too short to write down or remember complex passwords.

'Fits in seamlessly with my daily

Bewertet am 22.9.2017
John W.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: - Saves Time s
- Has all my logins and passwords in one place
- Gives me a helicopter of all my logins.
- Makes it easier for me to delete websites that I don't use as have them all stored in one place.
- Allows me to store private information
- Syncs across all my devices

Vorteile: -It saves time on each login that I have as not only are the password and login details held securely but all you don't even have to enter them. All you have to do is click on a button.
-It allows the user to save all their log-in details and and then group. Thus, it allows you to have a helicopter view off the platforms you use etc.
-You can also use the software to store other information not related to log-in and password details

Nachteile: - Sometimes the login might be on a certain page, however, the software might have stored a different page.
-When you have multiple people signed up for the one account. If it's emails there is no problem but sometimes it might be login with numbers, thus it's hard to know whose accounts it is.

Essential secure pword & data software

Bewertet am 25.2.2017
Jay R.
Video Teleconferencing Engineer
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Keeper for 5 years and can't imagine not having it with complex passwords required for so many websites and other logins. It looks simplistic, is easy to use, but under the hood is highly sophisticated reliable secure software. I have over 200 'records' that are encrypted, saved, and synced to all the devices I want. It takes about 30 seconds to create a new record with a user id, password, and website link. It is available for Windows, IOS, Linux, and Android. There are also browser extensions for Firefox and Chrome. This makes logging into any website a snap, as 'Keeper Fill' can enter all the info for you. With 256 AES encryption, 2-step authentication, and up to 100K Iterations, Keeper keeps my data safe, secure, and easy to access.

Vorteile: High level of security, ease of use, 2-step authentication, interface, scalability, platforms available, touch ID, complex password creator, syncing to all devices, super fast backups, record sharing

Nachteile: None so far. I've thought of some in the past, but were created and or fixed.

Keeper. Best Password Manager.

Bewertet am 18.9.2016
Brian C.

Kommentare: After having my home broken into and dealing with identity theft, I was determined to find the best password manager there was. I wanted an app that synced across all devices. It had to have the highest security standards to protect my login information. It had to be super easy to use. With Keeper, I'm confident that I found it. I now can't imagine going through the day without it. It's a real lifesaver.

Vorteile: Easy to use. It is simple to save and retrieve passwords and login information. Keeper fills it in for you. It's a real time saver.
Creates complex passwords for you if you want.
Safe and secure.
Syncs across all devices.

Nachteile: The free version has limited features. I recommend the paid plans. They have individual, family, and business plans available. They are worth every penny.

The larger the company the more passwords to remember, but this KEEPS it SIMPLE

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Juan H.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Quick access to all of your passwords and easy to create those passwords then the BEST I don't have to memorize them! I have my passwords, for both business and private, then I have to remember my clients passwords sometimes. So it becomes overwhelming sometimes and you sit there trying to remember the clever way to set it up so that you would only to find out you can't. But not with Keeper quick and easy and in this ever changing world it sure you can appreciate that.

Nachteile: Enter face with Desktop app sometimes they don't match, then you have to uninstall and reinstall to match up. Now I use both the home and company version as well and this has only done it twice in the many years of use. But I would still rate it an ever-changing due to all the other features that had worked with no issues.

A secure and reliable password manager for personal and business use.

Bewertet am 15.7.2018
Alan J.
Manager of Business Development
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The application is intuitive and easy to use. You can organize and save logins and password details. No limit in the sharing of files or records. Store unlimited passwords. The application ensures round the clock support and customer service. To improve the security of your vaults, you can use the biometric fingerprint option to gain access to your accounts. The application is flexible to be customized according to the organization’s rules and procedures. Login and password generation. The application, in addition to passwords, also permits attaching images and media files to your digital vault. The main advantage of the tool is that you just have to remember one main password to access these from any device or from multiple operating systems. Allows easy navigation and data is automatically backed up.

Nachteile: Form filling (auto filling) capabilities can be improved. If you are choosing a monthly fee, it is indeed an expensive alternative. The free version lacks features. A feature to notify users when their subscription needs renewal.

Stop Writing Your Passwords Down!

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Jenna B.
Manager - Marketing Communications
Paket- & Frachtlieferung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Google Chrome has a way to store passwords within your browser but on your phone what are you supposed to do if you forget one of your passwords? USE KEEPER! This app is the best for keeping your passwords organized - you can even separate the software or websites you use into folders. For example, I have all websites I shop on under a "Shopping" folder and all the bills I pay online under a "Finances" folder, and so on.

Nachteile: When using the computer, you just have to remember to be logged into your Chrome (or whatever browser) extension at all times so Keeper will automatically fill your password for you. And everytime you close your browser, it logs you out so you have to reenter your credentials when you open.

I juse keeper to store my passwords

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Senior Software Engineer

Vorteile: Keeper is a great way to store and organize your passwords. I use the IOS app on my phone. its impossible to remember all of your passwords, I would be lost without this software. I like that I can use touch ID to access my passwords which really speeds up the process. My mother who isn't great with computers and is even worse at remembering passwords uses this app too with out any problems, which speaks to how intuitive and easy to use its user interface is.

Nachteile: the interface while very functional, isn't polished. it looks a little cheap or under developed. it does not take away from how the app works, but other password managers definitely have a leg up in the looks department