labfolder Electronic Lab Notebook Bewertungen
Bewertet am 22.6.2017
I tested several ELNs before selecting labfolder, which suited my needs the best.
Kommentare: Helped me and my colleagues in the lab work together more efficiently. We sometimes also have researchers from other institutions working with us on different projects, which would be complicated without an online interface and the collaboration tools.
- Easy to manage experiment data, even in group projects
- Free for small teams, affordable for larger groups
- Protocol templates save me a lot of time!
- Audit trail so I can review and restore any changes made
- I can export all my notes as a xhtml
- The design is a bit boring (but functional)
- Limited storage (3GB) in the free version
- No Open source version
Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Really useful for lab meetings and 1-on-1 meetings with the boss
Vorteile: The best part about this software is no more writing and drawing in a physical notebook! I can have this program open on the same computer I am collecting data with and just type in any notes if necessary. Also, I can take screenshots and add those to the page as well. For lab meeting, I can bring all of my notes, raw data, and analyzed graphs in the exact same place/screen for a huge time saving boost.
Nachteile: This is actually probably a good thing overall, but I hate it. It allows my boss to see my daily progress, as he can see what I upload to it and when. This kind of creates a bit of a micromanaging situation which I personally don't like.
Bewertet am 11.7.2017
Very satisfied. Labfolder helps me organize my research notes during my Phd studies
Kommentare: i have a better overview of all my experiments
Vorteile: I like the search functionality a lot. Save me a lot of time that I can just search for certain keywords and find a note I created about a particular experiment over a year ago.
Nachteile: As I sometimes use certain advanced excel functionalities, it would be useful to have full excel functionality embedded, rather than always having to import the files from Excel into the notebook.
Antwort des Softwareanbieters
von labfolder an 11.7.2017
Thanks for the nice review Jacques! We're very glad that you enjoy using labfolder.
Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Super easy onboarding experience. Our entire team was set up within days and loving it!
1. It's just easy to use and set up for the team. Very important since some members of the team were skeptical about giving up their notebooks.
2. GDPR compliance - I work at a European biotech company and I felt that so many of the providers were unaware or unprepared with dealing with data privacy issues. labfolder clearly invested time in its compliance and all our data stays stored in the EU.
3. Works well for industry use.
Nachteile: Nothing major comes to mind. There are always a few things we come up with that would be nice to have, but all the important stuff is there.
Bewertet am 31.7.2017
Vorteile: It is nice that you can record which materials have been used for each experiment, and then search for them in the notebook. Also the audit trail is important to me. I tried different tools before like OneNote and LabCollector - not as useful.
Nachteile: Not so easy to use in the beginning. Also the table has limited functionalities. Would also want to see an integration with Box .
Antwort des Softwareanbieters
von labfolder an 31.7.2017
Thank you for leaving a review Tobias! We are working on a new user interface which will make it easier for beginners to discover all the features that labfolder has to offer. Also, while we do not have an integration with Box, we do offer an integration with Dropbox and also offer decent storage options in the ELN itself.