Über Craftybase

Cloudbasierte Lösung für die Verwaltung von Rohstoffen und Produktinventaren. Zu den Funktionen gehören Umsatzverfolgung und Rechnungsstellung.

Erfahre mehr über Craftybase

I really like that Craftybase integrates with multiple sales channels that I use.

It’s hard to understand in the beginning and no one to talk to just email.

Bewertungen zu Craftybase

Craftybase hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 182 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Craftybase bereits verwendet?

Kathryn
Kathryn
Owner (Sole Proprietor) in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Affordable inventory management for makers

Kommentare: I wish I had Craftybase when I started making in 2011 because it's daunting trying to start from scratch with so many products that contain components I make as well as common materials. Adding new components with new products would be more manageable. All my items include components I manufacture myself (laser cutting. painting) so having to enter "recipes" for all components individually is tedious. For example, I can copy a recipe for an ornament (three different components, ribbon, tag) but when I create components, I can't copy the recipe from a similar component (cardboard shape, primer paint, color paint, topcoat) and this gets really slow with all the colors I have. Recently a new client ordered $800 of obsolete items I hadn't entered into Craftybase. It took 10 hours to enter component recipes for 2 products x 4 colorways, some of which had common components and many had common materials. I assumed I'd be able to generate a pick list to total the common components & materials. Nope! Back to the spreadsheet to group common components... but I didn't try to automate the paint required, so I wasted a lot of time going to the hardware store for more primer. Probably not making minimum wage on this order.

Designed for solo crafters or small businesses Affordable pricing Accommodates both raw materials and components I manufacture (many small business products are for retailers who buy and resell finished goods)

Does not permit copying recipes for components, just final products Does not generate pick lists to manufacture orders Must set up for either creating batches for inventory or creating products for specific orders, and I have different product lines that fit one model or the other but can't justify dual subscriptions to set them up as separate businesses Not integrated with Xero for accounting

Josh
Warehouse and Fulfullment Supervisor in Kanada
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Crafty is Simple and Straightforward. Worth the Money

Kommentare: Crafty has streamlined our inventory management, with a slight learning curve and ability to handle the needs of our business. So far we are very happy with the software and excited to see how it evolves. Small issues are to be expected with such a system handling so much data everyday, the support team is friendly and efficient.

The ease of setting up everything and the user interface is very friendly and easy to navigate.

We had some trouble with the "Product Bundle" process when compenentizing our products, a lot of our wholesale sales channels include "Tester" products which is the same as the product. This created duplicates of products in Crafty which resulted in us having to spend more time fixing issues.

Marissa
Owner and Artisan in USA
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, Selbstständig

Essential for a small product-based business

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: At this point, craftybase is essential to my business. It has its bugs and doesn't always have an easy way to get pack to my previous screen after clicking through to another element but that is minor compared to the benefit

It keeps me organized without having to make a million excel documents. Product/material stock numbers are automatically adjusted when you make an order/manufacture. The recipe option is also super helpful because sometimes I can't remember exactly which size/style of hardware I used to create a product

If you forget to enter a product "manufacture" and update the quantity through a "stocktake", it won't calculate cost for an order. The import function added multiple items from my different integration sites even with matching SKU's. This took a while to fix and ultimately I downgraded my subscription because I didn't find benefit from the higher tier (I also only have a few orders a month to enter so order import wasn't very high on my priority list)

Lydia

Do Your Research!

Kommentare: Meh, I’m switching to another provider soon

It accurately tracks ingredients for my recipes

It does not sync with BigCommerce, there is a lag MOST of the time when updating information, the price is outrageous compared to other options on the market today

Antwort von Craftybase

vor 2 Monaten

Dear Lydia, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your honesty and are pleased to hear about your positive experience with accurately tracking ingredients in Craftybase. We understand your disappointment regarding the lack of integration with BigCommerce. While it's not currently available, it's on our radar for potential future integration. If you'd like updates on this, please let us know. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by lagging updates. We've upgraded our servers to improve processing speeds. If issues persist, please contact our support team for assistance. Regarding pricing, we do aim to provide value, and your concerns will be considered as we continually evaluate our pricing. If you'd like us to review your account for better alignment with your needs and budget, please reach out. Your feedback is invaluable as we strive to enhance our platform. Please don't hesitate to share further suggestions or concerns. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Rebecca
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

I love Craftybase so much! My business wouldn't survive and thrive without it.

I love their customer service. Whenever I have questions or wants, I just reach out and they are quick to respond and very helpful

I wish the inventory synced with Shopify so that my inventory everywhere was correct.

Shelly
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, Selbstständig

Lifesaving (and marriage saving)!

Kommentare: They are responsive, fix problems when they arise, they are excellent at walking you through what it is you need to do to achieve your task. It's been a life saver for me since I still have a day job and takes some of the nitty gritty record keeping off my hands through automations.

It's online and supports multiple sales channels. It pulls items out of my inventory and has been a life/marriage saver at tax time (I'm a sole proprietorship) and it's ease of use for tallying annual reports is fabulous. I do handcrafts so QuickBooks really is not designed for this industry.

The tech support is great and they work really quickly to get back to you in short time. In an ideal world, it would be 24/7, but their response time is great.

Lisa
Owner/Maker in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

A must for made-to-order businesses

Kommentare: I couldn't run my business without craftybase. I run a jewelry shop with thousands of orders per year. I've got over 200 skus with 70 variations each and CB makes it simple to create product recipes, manufactures, and adjust inventory. There is some initial setup for variations but after that it's all automated.v taxes are a breeze with this software

-automatically imports orders from multiple channels -automatically creates manufactures for products and decreases material stock levels -keeps track of all my expenses -provides tons of various reports to help during tax time -customer service is easy to reach and always helpful

There's nothing I don't like about craftybase!

Kristin
milliner in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

So powerful! It's worth the money.

Kommentare: Helps me organize my hundreds and hundreds of styles/types/colors of materials. Integrates nicely with multiple sales platforms.

The power in this is amazing! I can search through all my materials by color or fiber content or size or date purchased, etc. It's a lifesaver for me to be able to see my materials with photos and all the data I need. The recipes/manufactures and the way it calculates COGS is super powerful. I can start typing the name of the material and enter the amount — and it calculates the actual cost of materials used based on date of manufacture. Very helpful for makers who have some supply left of an old lower price and new supply purchased at a higher price. Craftybase will average the cost to figure out what your current COGS is.

Being a cloud software, it requires a subscription, which is a bit pricey. And there have been periods of downtime (though they communicate well about outages in the Facebook group). It takes a while to set everything up, and there is a bit of a learning curve.

Katie
Owner, jewelry designer in USA

Excellent product for crafters

Kommentare: Craftybase let's me get an accurate picture of what actual COGS I'm selling are, and makes it easy to track inventory consigned over multiple locations. Responsive customer support, too.

Ability to integrate with other platforms and easily track sales and expenses. Actually costing out to get COGS is definitely high on the list.

There are some limits to reporting - there are some improvements that can be made in that area.

Megan
Owner in Australien

Craftybase Review

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

I like being able to cost product with a recipe and for the general works of business management.

The cost due to exchange rate. Wish I could find a product the same but not have to pay double the subscription price.

Adam
Wholesale and Marketing in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Craftybase is our go-to Inventory management!

Kommentare: We have loved the overall experience, and haven't found anything even close to what Craftybase is capable of. It is an essential part of our workflow, and helping us maintain inventory, and recipes. We truly value Craftybase and would recommend to anyone that is a maker, crafter, or in need of solid inventory management.

We love the ease of use with Craftybase. We have a ton of items that we sell indiviually as ingredients, as well as combined to make other products on our shelves. Craftybase allows us to build these "components" as well keeping track of each individual ingredient. This is by far the most accurate and easiest way we've found to keep track of inventory, and recipes.

There is a bit of a learning curve when first starting out, but that is mostly because we had to learn the terms that Craftybase uses, and the functionality behind some of the features. There are tons of good walk-throughs in the system, as well as good examples. Customer service isn't the most reachable. If you have a question, it may take a day to hear back, and they only have email. There is no live chat, or phone support. There's no onboarding calls or dedicated support staff to really help you hit the ground running, so you'll have to spend some time really learning the system, and try and send questions that you don't need immediate answers to.

Colleen

Great Product

Kommentare: Very Positive and has been a huge influence on our spending control, material and product organization and also tax time.

It has helped us realize our disorganization with materials and where we may have spent unnecessary money. Also has been an amazing help with ensuring that we are charging properly for our product.

The only issue we have had is not a problem with Craftybase but more with how we run our business. It did take some time for me to understand how everything connected within the program, but they do have good tutorials, which I should have read ahead of time. We discovered during our set up that we were not consistent across our sales channels with product names which caused extra work on our part but was again our fault. The program has made us think a lot more about the business side and organizing everything.

Janna
Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The only usable software for makers

Kommentare: Overall, Craftybase is the best software for my business. There is no other comparable program to track manufacturing of handmade goods in the way this software does. Is it perfect? No. But they are always making improvements based on user suggestions so I think it's only a matter of time until it does everything that I need it to. And the price? Totally reasonable for what it does.

This software allows me to track the costs of my materials and labor to accurately price my products. It also keeps track of all my expenses, manufacturing, inventory, tax info and more. It is super detailed and useful.

It doesn't have an option for tracking sales of services in the same way that it does for physical products. As someone who often does design and printing and other services with my products as well as workshops...there isn't a good way to designate which items are manufactured products and which are just services and don't have a cost of goods sold associated with them.

Stephanie
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Craftybase is a good fit for soap and cosmetic micro biz owners.

Kommentare: Craftybase is geared toward small craft businesses, but you aren't likely to outgrow it overnight. And the customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced, so if you run into issues or limitations, they will work with you towards a fix. The dashboard gives a snapshot of orders, expenses, stock levels, and profitability. And, a series of tabs lets you navigate to specific sections intuitively to input new activity or access info. It is a cloud-based, so it’s great those who need to access inventory information away from home base, or those who find that alternatives don't work on their favorite device. While some user may miss accounting and formulating features, the granular sales and inventory tracking alone make Craftybase worth the price.

-solid inventory tracking for raw materials, masterbatches, and finished product -COGS and tracking -pricing guidance -recipe archive -traceability tools for GMP compliance -order management -interfaces with several popular e-commerce solutions

-lacks robust accounting features -subscription software (instead of a one-time software fee) -requires internet connection to utilize -lacks formulating features specific to soap and cosmetics makers -no banking integrations -product bundle tracking is clunky

Kasia
CEO in USA
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing and a must-have for any business!

Kommentare: It's been great to work with Craftybase. Their support is very responsive and provides the quality customer service it's hard to come by. One feature we just discovered was bundles and we are now are able to offer bundled products with an easy and no need for manual entry each week.

We used to use spreadsheets to keep track of our inventory and raw materials until I discovered CraftyBase. It was one of the best investments we've made. Software is super easy to use, provides many tools and features to keep track of not only inventory and materials but also orders, different locations where our products are sold. It's all-in-one type of software that any business should have.

Ability to sync to regular Amazon inventory/order system.

Antwort von Craftybase

Hi Kasia! Thanks for the review - you'll be pleased to hear that our Amazon integration is available for any US marketplace store, not just for Amazon Handmade :)

Bonnie
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ceaftybase for Jewelry Business

I like this this is a cloud-based application. It works well for a jewelry business to track inventory, expenses and sales. It integrates with a few of the more popular e-commerce handmade platforms.

Some of the bugs are frustrating. For example, some of the Etsy fees do not auto associate with sales/products. So when trying to associate these fees, the fields in the Associate dialog do not keep focus. I can click in the field and then start to enter the product or order just to find focus was lost and nothing is being entered. There are lots of associations that need to be made, so it's very frustrating to select the field and then lose focus most every time.

Lynne
Co-owner in USA
Kosmetik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great inventory program for small handmade bus

Kommentare: CB is fairly easy to navigate and learn. Great customer support via email or real-time chat. I was able to run tax reports easily and keep track of inventory.

Affordable with different tiers and features. Great inventory program for small handmade business. Integrates well with e-commerce platforms and Etsy. Great response time with customer service. Web based and accessible from any computer. Ease of running different reports.

Would like to see some additional customization options with bundles/gift boxes and recipes. Would like to be able to add amounts of materials in more than one type of measurement (metric, US customary units) Also more customizations with reports

Mystique
formulator in Puerto Rico
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

I don't know what I'd do with out Craftybase

Great functionality! It has everything I need to run my handcrafted skincare business. I can sync my eCommerce channels with my inventory and keep track of raw materials and packaging materials, whole loaves of soap (product components) down to individual bars(products). Craftybase also gives me monthly reports for local sales tax purposes. Thank you for making my life easier!

It takes a little getting used to, but once you have everything set up it runs smoothly. Searching the help section is easy and you can always reach out and ask for help.

Natalie
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Craftybase has saved me thousands of $$ in time

Kommentare: As a one woman show, Craftybase has saved me thousands of dollars in time not spent inventory tracking and bookkeeping. Well worth the monthly fee. All my inventory issues are managed and I know it will be accurate for tax time.

Craftybase integrates almost seamlessly with both Etsy and Shopify. Every time I have had a question or issue, custom service is super helpful and quick. I’ve been using the software for over 5 years, and over that time the developers have listened to community feedback and greatly increased the efficiency and functionality of the software. Once you understand the terminology, you can manipulate the software to benefit your business needs.

Could use more bulk edit functionality, and the ability to back edit where a change in a material is automatically reflect in all product recipes and all previous manufactures.

Cole
co owner in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

too expensive

i like the reports you can run like schedule C, but I found the numbers to be off from Etsy.

Company raised prices by 3x while my business took a massive hit. Could not believe how much more they wanted for what little i did.

Shannon
Großhandel, Selbstständig

Just what I needed!

I love the ease and accuracy of this program. It helps keep our inventory in check, along with organizing our business I would recommend this program to anyone and everyone!! I tried a handful of different methods and programs and this is by far my favorite!

The pricing may be a little steep, but I am so happy with the product, that I am willing to pay the price.

Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A must have for handmade business

Kommentare: If you have a business that is already operational, it may take time to get up and running in the software. But Craftybase is by far the best solution for managing my inventory.

My absolute favorite thing about the software is the ease of tracking inventory levels. Not only finished products but also supplies.

It's not possible to change a classification/category once you create it. Inventoriable vs non-inventoriable or one product type vs another

Leslie
Kosmetik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Accounting Software

Kommentare: This software has saved me money and time while keeping perfect track of inventory.

It is very easy to use and is much cheaper than similiar software.

So far there is nothing I do not like about this software. I have had no problems and have not had to call customer service.

Remigiusz
Boss in UK
Möbel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Expensive buggy

Kommentare: I regret spending time on it. Don't use it as you get use to that will be harder to leave

It promises a lot. Looks nice simple and clean

Expensive, poor integrations, no cuctomizations at all. Simple errors not fixed tru years

Laura
Owner/Farmer in USA
Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Affordable for small businesses

The affordability and ability to keep track of materials used.

I would like it to be a little easier to figure out how to invoice for specific variations (expiration dates and lot numbers) of product.