Über Sumac

Eine Alles-in-Einem Fundraising-Lösung, die Online-Spendenseiten und Email-Marketing umfasst und mehr als ein Dutzend Add-ons zur Auswahl hat!

Erfahre mehr über Sumac

There's a wide variety of add-ons you can choose and our custom module works great. The website integration is seamless and saves us a lot of time.

This is disappointing as we now must continue to store hard copy files when we were hoping to eliminate them.

Bewertungen zu Sumac

3,8

Sumac hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 112 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sumac bereits verwendet?

Tanya
Admin/Volunteer Coordinator in Kanada
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Sumac in our little non-profit

Kommentare: We have one system for donors, clients, volunteers, and it is easily adaptable to our needs.

Fully customizable, does what we need it to, easy to gather stats and run reports. All in one software for donations/grants/case management/volunteer management.

It can look clunky, but it is a powerhouse! As well, it would be nice to have auto-save, or spellcheck on forms.

Rachel
Executive Director in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The CRM that helps you manage donations and memberships

Kommentare: I appreciate the software support they provide and attempt to be as thorough as possible.

I enjoy the ability to create a number of tax receipts at once. It helps keep the one time a year production easy to manage

It is tricky to see when a number of memberships are expiring, or to get prompted for when they expire. This feature may exist and I have not figured it out yet.

Nancy
Finance Administrator in Kanada
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

TOO Expensive

Kommentare: Tech staff are helpful

I like that you can do reports and have it for different categories, the tech support staff are helpful

Beware: We have had two exuberant price increases of almost $100.00 each time. We are only a small charity so this has had a huge impact on us. We had a 4500 donation capacity but only had 3000 donors in our database and they bumped us to 6000 donors and our price jumped by almost $100.00 for a 2nd time. There were no improvements to the program with these price increases. I asked to be dropped to a 4000 donor capacity and was told we had to sign a new contract. Before the last price increase they would have dropped our package to a 2000 donor capacity but being small with few staff; we did not have the time or man power to eliminate 1000 donors. After 2 price increases I am very unhappy with the product and would not recommend it. It was a great product for $100.00 month, but not for $267.00

Brian
Administrator in Kanada
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Membership Management

Kommentare: Our organization consists of 50 clubs spread throughout the Province. Each club maintains their own data which is visible only to them and to the organizations head office. This allows for consistent reporting around the Province.
Implementing the system was completed within 3 months, including converting existing spread sheets and uploading them onto the database. Training was conducted in person and online. Sumac provided initial training for the Bowls BC Administrator.

The Sumac membership management system is flexible and easily customizable. Out of the box it can be used immediately but can also be tailored to specific requirements. The Cloud based database combined with its data security allows each clubs data to be maintained separately and securely.

It is sometimes difficult to load the software onto Mac computers. This mainly due to the Mac security system that is not always fully understood by the user. Loading the software onto a windows machine is very easy.

Clare
Board Member in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, Selbstständig

Really, really helpful and easy-to-use software

Sumac has everything we need -- keeps our database, sends out our communications, keeps track of all our donations and receipts/acknowledgements. It is set up in a straightforward way and, when I first researched CRMs, it was the only one where I could understand the setup from the start (I think the others were not set up logically). Also, the support team at Sumac is wonderful; attentive, understanding, they are really willing to help me solve all my problems, whether it is a quick question or a larger issue that needs much more overhaul. In fact, they resolved the biggest problem I had with the software: I frequently must bulk import changes to my data, and there were parts I had to do manually because the contact types weren't available to use in the import workspace. But they have recently changed the import workspace to be more flexible, at least partly in response to my comments, so now my bulk imports go much more quickly. In addition, the program has many optional add-ons that can help with courses, volunteer hours, registrations, silent auctions and so many other bits of software that anyone might need. Also, it is very reasonable priced.

The only things that I find difficult are remembering all the little details of complicated searches, downloads, and the steps of emailing. But I am not very technologically savvy, and others will not be as easily frustrated as I am.

Laura
Executive Director in Kanada
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Case Management for Community-based Epilepsy Supports and Education

Kommentare: Positive - ease of implementation, good price point.

Enhanced File Management: Sumac has improved the sharing and management of client files among support workers, ensuring a seamless service experience for clients.Efficient Case Management: Front-line staff now have access to a professional case management system, optimizing their efficiency and effectiveness in delivering services.

Still working to refine reporting processes with the goal of enhancing proficiency in creating standardized reports for donors and funders. Our hope is that we can train and assign a dedicated member of the team to helping manage tools and assets within an increasingly digitized operating environment.

Silvia
Silvia
Chief Executive Officer in Kanada
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

SUMAC - great CRM

Kommentare: After struggling for several years with an expensive database that was not intuitive and did not meet our needs, our organization looked into several others to replace it including Sumac which was recommended to us by another not-for-profit. We scheduled a demo with a Sumac Guru for our entire team and we were all captivated by the ease of use and functionality it offered – almost everything on our “wish list” (and much more). We then decided to purchase Sumac and have not regretted our decision. While there were a few hiccups with our data migration, overall we have been very impressed. It is very user-friendly, fast, and has features that we are still discovering a year after we started using it. The Sumac team is amazing and has been very responsive, accommodating and helpful when we have needed assistance in using the tool and putting through change requests when we have suggestions and identified areas for improvement.

User friendly Excellent customer support New releases on regular basis

Online functionality for some add-ons is very basic (e.g. ticketing) or not available yet (e.g. sales) The User Guide is good at describing each of the many fields in the database but limited in explaining how these are used together (processes)

Greg
Greg
Executive Director in USA

Sumac is a compact and powerful tool. Our challenge is developing internal skills to use it fully

Kommentare: Consolidation of our enrollment and donation systems. Capacity to communicate with students and donors online.

Ease of interface after basic orientation. Exportable data. Capacity to track giving, enrollment, volunteer roles, auction, etc. It integrates all of the different dimensions we need to manage for our student, supporter and partners.

To fully use Sumac requires a growing understanding of the tools and strategies you can use to extract information and access the data you need. Building this capacity inside an organization takes a focused and sustained effort. In other words - at times we wish Sumac was more intuitive but we realize its diversity of features is probably more important than its ease of use.

Catherine
Office Manager/HR Coordinator in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Suma is a great product. You have to subscribe.

Kommentare: Sumac is an excellent product. Have had great success with Sumac. Highly recommend it.

Our organization relies on the database feature of this software on a daily basis. We also rely on the Donor Management abilities. We are now using the Board of Directors platform, which is very useful.

I really do not have any cons to mention. I have always had great tech support as long as I have been using it.

Crystal Wacker
Crystal Wacker
Reach UP Magazine in USA

The IT guys have been great and very helpful.

Kommentare: Accuracy. Mail merge. Email mail merge. Donations management. Excellent. They understand the work of a non-profit.

It is accurate. Based on the cloud and reasonable for all you get. I can customize the columns, data that I need which is quite different from other non-profits. I can have different "offices" which really helps with the multiple projects that I am responsible for.

I still need help in using the Campaign feature. It might be me, but I haven't quite got that figured out.

Anne
Manager in Kanada
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fairly easy to navigate even for someone with fairly basic computer literacy.

Kommentare: We now use only 2 programs for all client information retention rather than the 4 we had previously. The other program we use is mandated otherwise, I can see where we could have set up another program within Sumac to have everything in one.

Once familiar with the program, it is quite user friendly. The ability to customize forms for different programs has been wonderful.

I would like the relationship links easier to use. Many of our staff do not create families as it is a further page a bit more cumbersome than other programs that we use, such as Link2Feed.

Colleen
Managing Director in Kanada

Sumac is a great option for not-for-profit organizations that are looking for database management.

Kommentare: management of 5000 items in a database; tracking attendance, sending newsletters, and tracking donations and issuing tax receipts, sending mailouts

A great way to manage show attendees, we like that we can track who has donated and who has seen performances and what dates; contact types are very useful, as is the search builder function.

Very difficult and time consuming to upload batch information, especially if we do it infrequently enough that we need to relearn each time. Not intuitive in that way, annoying that you have to go through and have events set up first before you can attach an email or campaign to them - not very flexible in that way and requires you to always remember how the system works and the multiple steps involved with each new data capture.

Laura
food co-op co-ordinator in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I have found it easy to use for the program I work with.

Kommentare: Access to information and statistics quickly

I like that I can choose what to see based on my needs. it is easy to change my preferences within a few seconds.

There is not any concern at this time. Recently there was a switch with two categories and a few sections did not transfer over and I had to re-enter family sizes.

Amanda
Program Director in USA

Sumac has been very useful with my everyday tasks for our adult literacy program.

I like that I'm able to keep track of all my students activities in one place. I'm able to track and log any and all communications, their records, any book distributions, book inventory, and so much more.

I do have some trouble with reports, where one area of Sumac doesn't speak to the other. I also don't like that I can't delete/dropping a student from one area without deleting their whole history.

Allie
Kanada

Customized Database

Kommentare: With hundreds of attendance records from various partners being submitted each year, Sumac allows us to store, sort, and report on all of this information with ease. Allowing this level of customization ensures that tracking of participation across the collaborative meets our exact needs, and lets us retrieve important data easily and accessibly. PRO:
Customization: our non-profit is a collective of 8 partner organizations that each offer their own programming, but unite under one common collaborative. In this, we require our database to operate as 8 separate databases, with the ability for data to be tracked across all partners and programming. Sumac was able to construct a database for us that met this need, with fields customized to manage youth participants in exactly the way we need it. As our collaborative grows, Sumac has enabled our database to evolve with it, always finding creative solutions to meet our changing needs.
CON:
With such a complicated structure for our database, unfortunately it can be tricky to upload our data in the correct format. Files have to be meticulously formatted within a certain file type, and the set of steps from data gathering to completion is sometimes frustrating and unforgiving of minor errors. Again, this need for rigorous process is because of our operating such a complicated and layered database.

Jennifer
Director in Kanada
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We couldn't live without Sumac!

Sumac is incredibly easy to use, is customizable, and the free support is outstanding. They are always happy to help!!

The only con I would say is that there isn't a built in email template creator, but it integrates with MailChimp and Constant Contact.

Christina
Executive Director in USA

We had a very difficult time getting Sumac up and running from both a user and admin perspective.

The customer service was great; Brandon was very patient and kind with me and provided great support throughout the process.

The instruction manual was not helpful whatsoever and actually quite burdensome. I was given documents to help us begin our work, but they were scripts, not instruction manuals. Because of this, I had to literally work through a script word for word (even had to search for specific words), as opposed to simply an instruction sheet with headlines of simple things like "How to create reviewers... 1... 2... etc". Further, the scripts informed me that I could watch video tutorials, but there was no video tutorial for Awarding Grants so I spent time searching through the videos and watching the wrong videos in the hopes that I could find this specific video. Only after I emailed cust support,I discover that the video was not yet available. This was not only not helpful, but it set me back significantly. Instead of having an option to simply read step by step instructions, I had to continuously re-read and scan these scripts or email him for specific instructions.

Carolina
Programming manager in Kanada
Bildende Kunst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's a great tool for our organisation!

Entering and managing all the contacts in the database. Being able to connect contacts and have all the history of each contact is very useful.

Lack of editing features for e-mail campaigns. The whole program lacks user friendlyness. It is hard to find easy ways of personalizing the database.

Angela
Office and Finance Coordinator H in

We love Sumac!

Kommentare: After doing extensive research on several software solutions, we chose to go with Sumac because it allowed us to keep track of our clients, donors and volunteers all in the same database. We are easily able to track our clients participation in all of the groups and services that we provide to those who are ill or bereaved in our community. We are able to collect the statistics that we need to report back to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and our Local Health Integration Network. We are able to provide a comprehensive history of our volunteers involvement with our organization including the matching of volunteers with clients. The fundraising and donor management aspect of the database is second to none. We are able to generate our tax receipts from the system and the many built-in reports and fundraising tools has allowed us to analyze data and view donor history to develop a case for support which will help us to continue to grow and support more people who are in need of our services. Thank you to Peter and the team at Sumac!

Monica
Executive Director in
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Sumac - a great tool for non-profits!

Kommentare: As a non-for-profit artist-run centre, we use Sumac primarily for ticket sales, memberships and donations. It's an extremely powerful tool for data management, and has been essential to tracking our membership, customers and donors. As a new user, I found that while the software wasn't always immediately easy to use, I found their customer service to be incredible, and always very friendly. Not only do they have great orientation videos, they have excellent customer service on the phone (very patient, friendly, and efficient). Since we had a changeover in our staff, they were able to give us a online training session to answer all our questions about functionality, and they gave us some great tips. While we continue to refine how we use Sumac to best suit our organization, I feel more and more confident the more I use it. To have memberships, donations, and general communications all streamlined in one program makes life a lot easier, which makes a big difference in smaller organizations like ours.

Mark
Community Engagement Mananger in Kanada

Great customer service and software that is very cost effective.

Sumac offers great software that is cost-effective for a smaller non-profit. Their customer support is always helpful and quickly and patiently answer all of our questions. While we don't use all aspects of Sumac's software, there are many components that we would like to incorporate into our practice.

Up until now, we have only had a Silver membership which would have Sumac installed for one user on one computer. We are looking forward to upgrading which will allow us to use Sumac, when a colleague is using the computer where it was installed.

Gigi
Communications Keeper in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome program!

Kommentare: We went from using a variety of Excel sheets to keep track of donors and workshop alumni. It was a bit cumbersome. When we moved to Sumac, it became really easy to enter people, add them to an organization and then track donations, workshop attendance, etc. It's also pretty easy to pull up all of the information that we need and access it quickly.

It's so easy to use and we can customize it and add modules for our own purposes. Really intuitive and it doesn't take long to get comfortable with it.

We don't use some of the features often enough, so sometimes we have to relearn things - like doing a campaign.

Gayle
Office Manager in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We are just starting to use the software and so some of the features have not yet been implemented.

Kommentare: We are still very new using the software so most of the potential benefits haven't been realized yet.

i like how easy it is to use the search features. With the ability to refine details for searching you can really narrow a search and get the information you require without having to look trhough long lists.

There are multiple information windows for every contact and it can very time consuming ensuring all information is up to date and accurate.

Nancy
CommunityOutreach Director in USA

Best I've Ever Used

Kommentare: I can't say enough good things about it. If you are used to working w/spreadsheets this is the best and most intuitive product I've used or seen. Have worked w/Raisors Edge, FIMS, and Giftworks. All of them fall far short in design, flexibility, and the ability to customize it and extract the information you want out plus it is less expensive. Have been working with SUMAC for six years in two different companies and converted a third to it. Customer service is still good, although not as good as it used to be. However, the tutorial videos are very easy to access, use and follow; so most of the time (if it's after-hours or if you are impatient like me) you can figure the question out yourself. Bottom line I think you are doing yourself and your organization a disservice if you don't check it out.

Christopher
Christopher
Director of Finance and Human Resources in Kanada

It has helped modernize our donation and course procedures.

Kommentare: Improved data tracking and reporting. Time savings.

The software is easy to use. I personally did not do any training with it, but I am able to go in and access data whenever I need.

With any software, there are limits to the customization. Sumac has been great in providing some customization, but we are a very unique organization and sometimes it is difficult to fit what we need into a software.