Über brightwheel

Anhand der kostenlosen Demo kannst du ausprobieren, wie einfach das Ein- und Auschecken, das Protokollieren von Aktivitäten in den digitalen Tagesblättern und die Kommunikation mit den Eltern sein kann.

Erfahre mehr über brightwheel

Keeps the students information in hand. Very useful and inexpensive if you use the trial version.

The only thing that was sometimes frustrating was the messaging feature-sometimes we did not get an email notifying us there was a message and it would take a while to see and respond to it.

Bewertungen zu brightwheel

brightwheel hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 3.131 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du brightwheel bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (3.131)

Emily
Emily
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for communication, logging activities, and billing

Kommentare: Being able to message parents back and forth is so nice now that our staff doesn't have to use their personal phone to text. With COVID rising and possible winter weather arriving soon, the fact that we can send out an alert if we need to close is crucial! It sends a text message as well as the message in the app. Also, they are constantly adding new features and making updates using feedback from users. They are always friendly and helpful!

I love that it keeps us (mostly) paperless! All activity is logged so we have no need for paper daily sheets. We can easily message our parents individually AND send out messages to the whole school.

The billing feature isn't quite where we need it do be, but they have already fixed it and we are just waiting to be updated to the new platform.

Sherrie
Director/Owner in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to set up and easy to use with many features

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been great. The software does most of what we need and we are able to do a work around for items that may one day be implemented through customer feedback. Most importantly we have NEVER had a lock out of software or temporarily unavailable for any reason. We have had access to our software 100% of the time. That was not the case for the software we were using previously.

The onboarding was easy and the specialist was friendly and knowledgeable. Customer service was easy to contact with questions and responses were professional and clear for quick use. Extensive online help is available at your finger tips if needed. Real time attendance and real time communication with parents through the app are exceptional. Pictures are posted with captions along with one touch categories for quick future reference. Timecards are easily generated for payroll purposes while also providing real time ratio numbers with a touch of a button. Private or group messaging is easy and helps with teacher/director/parent logging so everyone involved has access to what is being communicated.

Brightwheel struggles with after care billing/invoicing that our center could benefit from. The attendance base billing for that needs options with one touch toggles to accommodate different scenarios. The Room Device Mode also needs a toggle for children assigned to that classroom as a "homeroom" in their profile, instead of being able to see all children in the center that are assigned to a room as a secondary room. Tracking room transfers are imperative to align with state mandates but having a clean visual of attendance is also important.

Jaime
Director in USA

Brightwheel is Amazing

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

The ease of being able to effectively communicate with families in real-time.

Nothing, it is amazing! I honestly cannot think of 1 negative aspect of using Brightwheel.

Karen
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Brightwheel Review

Kommentare: We switched to Brightwheel as our previous software was no longer being supported. We liked moving to a cloud based product and the flexibility that gave our administrators and parents. We enjoy the ability for parents to see their billing and the ability to pay through the app. Customer support for the transition and set up was very good. Since launch, customer support is responsive (not always timely, since we are not in the same time zone as many of the customer support team) and they listen to our needs. There have been great changes in the short time we have been using the software. We are looking forward to the remainder of our concerns being addressed as we move forward. I would recommend this software over other cloud based software programs we looked at, but the consumer should be aware of the limitations of the software from a back office stand point.

What we like best is this is a cloud based software. The parent portal allowing parents better access to their child's day and classroom progress as been extremely well received by our parents. We like the check-in feature which allows us to know at any time how many children are in the facility. The ability for the teachers to post notes / pictures for parents allows the parents real time updates instead of waiting till the end of the day to receive a hand written note that is stuffed in the child's belongings and forgotten.

The back office side of the software is lacking. The reporting capabilities of the software is very limited. For example, we are unable to run an accounts receivable report by family. We can run by child, but you have to run multiple reports for families with more than one child in the program. The software does not currently allow for prepayments or credits on account. Also, on the program side, no ability to run facility or even classroom wide reports - for example a parent directory for all classrooms; allergy report by classroom. All reporting (financial and program) is child driven without the option of classroom or facility driven. This makes extra back office work for our staff - for example creating an allergy list or parent directory in excel to share with teachers. Or tracking receivables in other software, creating double accounting needs.

Lisa
Preschool Supervisor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great resource for all early childhood programs

Kommentare: Brightwheel has been a huge asset for our company. It has allowed the admin team to be in the classroom more and less on the computer doing paperwork. The continual growth of the product and added features has convinced us to use the prodcut year after year.

Brightwheel is easy to set up and easy to use. Not only does it save time, it offers wonderful tools to expand and grow your childcare business.

There are too many departments/people to talk to when trying to get support. It would be nice to have one person assigned to our account that could help navigate questions.

Gamar
Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Brightwheel is innovating and exciting to use.

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience is great. I use most of the features on the Brightwheel app.

I like the ability for parents to be able to check their child in and out as a backup to our teachers doing it in the classroom.

It doesn't print attendance sheets in the event you have an internet issue.

Maria
owner in USA

excellent software

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Excellent! a great software to have when you have a daycare business. It keeps everything more organized and efficient to gather the data.

i love the effectiveness on payments, the options for parents to pay their bills either with card or through ach payments and that they receive their invoices automatically.

that we have to set it up ourselves, but we had guidance so it wasn't bad.

Anna
Project Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Parent using brightwheel

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: It was a nice surprise- I've never had this type of personal communication with my child's school.

It is a great way to keep in touch with my child's teachers. I also love that I am able to receive pictures and updates on a daily basis.

Sometimes I receive messages that do not apply to me, but I understand that it is a mass communication whether it's applicable for me or not.

Gladys

Daycare Provider

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Thank you so much for this wonderful idea, to create this app. I love it!

Daily report to parents in the daycare it helps us a lot to communicate with them about their children, the parents love the pictures that we are sending to them.

I like everything. Nothing is wrong, they did a good job. Thank you!

Alexa
Document Controller in USA
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Connection Throughout the Day

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Love that my care provider uses this app. Truly helps me feel connected to my child while I am at work and made my transition from leave to care an easier one.

Love being able to see my child's daily activities, including what they are eating, when they are getting diaper changes (did they poop, or pee, or both? Did they need cream?), when did they go down for a nap?

No real complaints. It's an easy platform to use!

Mabel
Administrative Assistant in USA

Amazing!

Kommentare: The customer service is amazing! We are extremely pleased with how easy they made the switch from our old system. Every time we've had a question we have received a more than helpful response from their support staff. My employees love it and our parents love it.

The Brightwheel app enables our employees to easily communicate with parents anytime of day or night and keeps them from giving out their personal phone numbers. The system is very user friendly and has easy to follow instructions and prompts.

The reporting from a financial side is not very clear if you are coming from another system with a lot of information in reports. Inputting immunizations could be a little quicker like putting a date and selecting the immunizations that were given on the date would be great.

crystal
Area Director in USA

DaVinci Academy Belvidere

Kommentare: Brighthwheel has been amazing. Customer support is available whenever we need them and we don't have to be transferred to different departments to get answers!

Brighthweel has made my admin duties so much easier. Whether it is billing or onboarding it takes less time than our previous childcare managment.

We wish you had payroll options so we could fully get rid of our last product

Denise
School Administrator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Brightwheel Became Our Bright Spot!

Kommentare: Brightwheel has helped me simplify many aspects of my job. Messages to teachers and staff go in real time. No more running all over the school looking for people. Parents love the app because the get daily communication about their child as the day progresses. During this pandemic, grandparents are being added so they can see daily pictures of their grandchildren. It works well with our school community.

I love the fact that the one program takes care of communications with faculty and parents, billing and payments, and student information. All of it quickly accessible by computer or cell phone. Customer service is attentive and thorough.

There are some areas where improvement is necessary. Sometimes when you export information, you may need to tweaking the organization of the information to look the way you want it. The thing is, they invite you to share what you believe needs to improve. In the short 7 months of using this software, and they have made significant updates many of these aspects.

Julie
director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Brightwheel has saved us so much time!

Kommentare: We were early adopters and have been using Brightwheel since 2015. Initially we just used the billing feature but as the new features rolled out we've integrated all of them. Using Brightwheel cuts admin time down to a minimum and allows teachers to share the day with parents so they can see their kids learning and growing. Billing is seamless. Brightwheel support has been amazing, especially through Covid19. Their webinars are helpful and to the point.

I love Brightwheel! We've been using BW since 2015 and have saved so much time having billing, attendance and time cards at our fingertips.

Tracking children's immunizations is not as fluid as it could be. Too much data entry. It would be better if parents could do the data entry and admin could check against paper records for accuracy.

Brittany
Preschool Teacher in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Perspective from a Teacher who is also a Parent using Brightwheel

Kommentare: Overall, I like the app. It is helpful during the day and once you get the hang of it, really easy to navigate and update, although it can be a bit time consuming. When I have emailed customer service they have emailed me back in a polite and timely manner, which is always a plus. This is my third school year using the app, and have yet to hear a negative comment from any of my student's families. All have had rave reviews, shared it with family members, and are constantly thanking me for sharing things with them throughout the day.

As a teacher, I like the convenience of being able to get in contact with the parents of my students quickly and effectively. I am able to keep track of attendance and absences easily, it also helps with parents who need to monitor their child's eating. As a parent, I like receiving updates about my child, especially pictures. When it is kept up by my child's teacher, it is a great app because I can see what is going on during his day even though I am not with him.

One of my biggest frustrations is that I have to COMPLETELY log out and log back in when switching from my teacher account and my parent account, at the same school. My son goes to the school that I work at but is in a different class. It would be so much easier if there was a way to toggle back and forth between the two. My other major concern is, though we have the app on our school chromebooks and it's great, I cannot upload pictures from the computer to the app to share them with parents. So, instead of keeping the app on my cellphone logged in to my child's account, I have to log out and then in to my teacher account to be able to share pictures of my students with their families. It is really frustrating. The parents of the children in my class are constantly giving me positive feedback about the app and love getting the pictures and videos, but it is difficult for me since I want to share the pictures with them but I can't do it all from the chromebook unless I try using the poor-quality webcam. It would be much more of a positive experience for me if I was able to use a classroom camera, upload the pictures to a computer, then be able to upload the pictures to the app for the families. I am sure that for someone who has a designated work cellphone or maybe even a tablet with a decent camera, this would not even be an issue, but for someone who has to use a personal cellphone to take and upload pictures to the app, is a bit of a downfall.

Adrienne
Preschool Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I was hesitant but so glad I tried this. Never going back!

Kommentare: The onboarding for this software was better than any other company I have worked with. They were not going to take my money and leave me alone. They "forced" me to learn how to use it and that is really important. I would have kept pushing it off "until next week" and never done it. I have 2 children that are computer scientists for a top tier company and they are both impressed with it. That says a lot!!

The customer support has been spectacular. I am a small school and don't pay much but I'm always treated like I could be their biggest client. I get a quick response when I have a question and they are always polite and professional. This has made my job so much easier on a daily basis. The billing would be my second favorite aspect. So much less check handling, deposits, chasing down parents that owe money, etc. The overall professional appearance this software gives my school. Okay, the grandparents don't always love it but everyone else does. :)

There are a few things that changed with the billing that I don't like as much. I liked going to the overview page and seeing recent transactions without having to click on other links. Also, ALL of my children are billed the first of the month, billing ends May 1, notice goes out 3 days prior to bill being due. There should be a way to "lock" these features and change them only when needed. I have to go on and click these for EVERY child. I would like to see more of what a parent sees. For instance: what does a parent see when a payment is past due? Do they see something daily when they check in? How often are they reminded? It's probably hard to do but I would love to have a feature that had a time stamped late fee for late pick up. Example: children have to be picked up at 12:30. At 12:35 they are billed a certain amount, at 12:45 another amount, etc. I would LOVE to be able to set a "don't check in yet" warning. Example: Check in is at 8:30. If they try to check in at 8:27 something flashes "oops, 3 more minutes. Proceeding will charge you for early drop." I can't always stop them. This is a big problem at my center and probably many of the smaller centers. The ability to print a more detailed breakdown of deposits. Every 2 weeks the treasurer prints out the deposit report and I have to break it down by: tuition, registration, book fees, etc. Every fee is broken down when it is charged. It would be nice if that showed up.

Shivam
Shivam
system engineer in Indien
Computer-Vernetzung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Streamline Your School's Operations with Brightwheel: The All-in-One Childcare Management Solution.

Kommentare: "brightwheel" is designed to be an all-in-one solution for childcare management, helping schools and childcare providers to streamline their operations and administrative tasks. Some of the business problems that "brightwheel" aims to solve include:1.Manual Administrative Tasks: "brightwheel" can help to automate and streamline many administrative tasks, such as attendance tracking, billing and invoicing, and daily reporting.2.Limited Parent Engagement: "brightwheel" offers a Parent/Student Portal that can help to increase parent engagement by providing real-time updates on their child's activities, progress, and daily routines.3.Financial Management: "brightwheel" offers a range of financial management features, such as invoicing and payment processing, that can help schools and childcare providers to manage their finances more efficiently and effectively.4.Communication Challenges: "brightwheel" can help to address communication challenges by providing a platform for administrators, teachers, and parents to communicate more effectively and easily.

The most impactful features of "brightwheel" may vary depending on the specific needs and goals of a school or childcare provider. However, some of the most commonly cited impactful features include the parent/student portal, financial management, daily reports, communication management, and attendance tracking.As for ease of use, "brightwheel" is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. The platform features a simple and clean interface that is easy to navigate, and many of the features are designed to be self-explanatory. Additionally, "brightwheel" offers training and support resources, including a Help Centre and live customer support, to help users get the most out of the platform.Regarding integration with existing business systems, "brightwheel" is designed to integrate seamlessly with other systems and platforms. The platform offers a range of integrations with other software solutions, including accounting software, payment processors, and learning management systems, allowing schools and childcare providers to streamline their operations and data management. Additionally, "brightwheel" offers an API that enables developers to build custom integrations with other software solutions.

Some users have noted that while "brightwheel" is generally easy to use, there may be a learning curve for some features or settings. For example, setting up the financial management feature may take some time and effort to configure properly. Additionally, some users have suggested that the platform could benefit from additional customization options, such as the ability to customise reports and forms.Regarding integration with existing business processes, some users have reported that integrating "brightwheel" with other systems or software solutions can be challenging or require additional development resources. However, "brightwheel" offers a range of integrations and an API, which can help streamline the integration process.Overall, while "brightwheel" is generally well-regarded by users and reviewers, there may be some areas for improvement or additional features that could be added to further enhance the platform's functionality and usability.

Matthew
Technology Instructor and After School Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best app for schools, day cares, etc.

Kommentare: It makes managing student attendance and communication with parents much easier.

This is one of the best, if not the very best, solutions to make my life easier managing my school. We started using this app just in our after school program and soon adopted the check-in/out system for our entire attendance tracking solution. We are able to run reports to see who, when, and where someone was checked in for any given day in our school year. All of my suggestions have been heard and considered and almost all (if not all) have eventually been added. I love how well they receive feedback and how they want to serve institutions of all sizes. Having been a long time user since their infancy, I have had the opportunity to talk to many people with the company and they are all wonderful. I wish more companies were like them.

I feel like the free version is quite limited. It used to have many more features and I sang its praises to everyone. Now I have to start the conversation by discussing the financial part of the system, which limits some potential users. I wish it integrated with student information systems so that I didn't have to export and prepare csv to upload to create students. It would be much simpler to have an automated sync each night to create or remove students based on our current student system, Renweb. I'm beginning to realize that part of this is due to their growing attempt to take over the educational information realm, but they are not there yet.

Quelle: GetApp

Was a GREAT Program until billing "Upgrade"

Kommentare: WONDERFUL...until Billing changes that took a child's at-a-glance and all-inclusive account and broke it into several links within their account making it very convoluted.

Brightwheel works so very well to seamlessly bring together students, families, and staff. It works great for attendance, communication between staff and families.

Brightwheel had a wonderful billing system until the recent upgrade. The ability to look into a child's account and be able to see and comprehend a paper trail of billing, credits, adjustments, and refunds. However; with the new billing platform this is a luxury of the past. Now it is nearly impossible to decode what has happened in a child's account if there is anything out of the ordinary such as credits, adjustments or refunds. You simply can't see them without some major digging, drilling-down and then research as it kind of "wipes away" the electronic paper-trail in a sense and makes it difficult to get to the bottom of transaction flow in an account.

Danielle

Mixed Feelings

Kommentare: We are generally receiving our payments on time more. BrightWheel has caused new frustrations but relieved others. We like the parent communication aspect. The customer service of BrightWheel is getting better; however, I usually only get an answer after asking multiple people the same question and finally I will get a correct answer. They love their standard boilerplate responses which if I needed would have gotten from the library. The overall feeling of “we are only here to make the parent experience better” versus making the centers business operations better is frustrating. In the end, the center will get what we need and with BrightWheel a lot of times it causes inconvenience to the parents. Example, when a new child starts under the parents, they have to re-link to AutoPay. The parents can’t figure it out because of it shows they are linked with one student so we have to add their bill to their older student who doesn’t come anymore in order to get their autopay to work. That is not friendly experience for us or the parent. BrightWheel still needs a lot of work to get it to a product that is time-saving and beneficial for centers to use.

We love the AutoPay feature and the ability for our parents to get their invoices 24/7.

There isn’t a way to record credit, and when a payment fails without attempting to go through it doesn’t send an email to the parents or us. Also, when a payment fails it doesn’t give us an opportunity to recharge. Many parents will ask us to retry and we can’t without creating a new invoice. Also, on the Plan section, it doesn’t allow you to make changes to the days the invoice gets charged, or a new end date, etc. This means we are constantly canceling the plan and creating a new one.

Suvarna
Anaylst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best Software for Kids Daycare

Kommentare: Overall the Brightwheel is best software for monitoring your kids daily activities and helps you to be in touch with teacher anytime.

-I am really happy using this software as it is user friendly and you don’t have to technically sound for understanding this software which is best - Easy navigation and notification alerts - Daily able to monitor my kids activities through this app once teacher update it - easy interaction through one to one message and group interaction too - One touch accessible photos of my kid - Parents like us can get real time activities update of their kids through this app and check daily activities and learning they are doing -

So far nothing as we switched from another software and found this very reliable and ease to use . Only issue is with payment through app , sometimes it gets stuck or shows loading screen so we have to redo it and cancel the whole thing which is little frustrating.

Renee
Assitant Director in USA

Brightwheel Review

Kommentare: Brightwheel is a great product for teachers/staff, parents and admin. It's so easy to use and quick to teach new staff! I love Brightwheel and couldn't imagine my center without! We are so pleased and happy with Brightwheel services and the Brightwheel employees are quick and sufficient replies!

I like how the parents at my daycare see photos and videos of their child/ren that our staff posts on their throughout the day. I also like the messaging piece between teacher & parents as ell as administrative and parents too. I like how teachers can keep track of their children and post activities regarding the Mother Goose curriculum

The integration with Brightwheel within my center was ease, I have no cons about Brightwheel it is amazing and helps us a lot at my center!

Zona
Administration Manager in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great ABA software

Kommentare: It has been a great experience! We will continue to use it. Our staff and parents can use it and we are happy with it over all.

The auto draft option for the parents, and how they can pull their financial reports anytime they like. I can add a one time charge if they are late or require additional hours of service. The reports are easy and setting up the parent insurance information is a breeze. I also like the chat feature - when I have a question or concern.

That the parents can not use their HSA credit cards. The staff have said it is fixed, however my parents still have failed payments and can not use the card due to the system saying we are a day care service. If that could be fixed and placed under health services- the parents would be much happier, and I would not have to run their card manually and pay an extra cost for merchant services.

Cheryl
Family Childcare Provider and Early Educator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

So glad I went with this service!

Kommentare: Customer service is responsive, friendly and fast. I have seen this app change and grow for the better in just a few years. If you have looked at it or tried it in the past, take a second look. This app is extremely useful.

My families love this app, it makes communication easy. I feel like the increase in communication through this app during the day has helped me build deeper relationships with my families, help foster more positivity and trust, and help me help them with parenting topics, concerns and encouragement. The feature I love the most is autopay, all of my families use the payment feature. I never have to worry about chasing checks or manually adding payments for tax season.

I have had many issues sharing multiple photos at one time. I kind of gave up using this app as my primary way to share photos and set up a private group on social media for my families instead. I did enjoy how the app would keep an archive of the photos, but it was too much of a hassle for me to get them to upload, even after doing lots of troubleshooting. I don't use this app for this primary purpose, though and still feel the value is absolutely there with all the other features.

Chethan
Technology Lead in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Review of Brightwheel application

Kommentare: Overall the experience was good. I would recommend for small child care schools to adopt this to manage the day to day activities.

Brightwheel application is a very popular and easy to use app.The Brightwheel mobile app is very popular among Childcare schools and Parents. This is very good Child Care management application with many different features. Brightwheel has features like manage your classroom, Administer the respective child care schools related activities and easily engage with parents. Brightwheel helps the teachers to capture the daily attendance, upload photos for each child, add activities of each child and send messages to complete group or individual person at once. Brightwheel also provide options for Bill Pay for the parents to pay child fees, Parents can view the invoices and keep track on previous invoices.

Brightwheel has lot of useful features and very less cons or demerits. Brightwheel mobile app though is very popular but not used much for Bill payments. The earlier version of Brightwheel app was comparatively slower when you upload many photos at once. The app is more useful for Child care schools and less for the parents. There is less interactivity from parents to school and no options for parents to contact other parents.