Best of the best, thank you for perfecting video chat

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Principal (Branded Copywriting, Content Strategy, Brand Development, Creative Concepts)
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I originally started using Zoom with a client who had a client out of state. I was really impressed with the interface and brought it into my own team. It's allowed us to expand our customer base seamlessly out of town, and drastically cut down on unnecessary travel.

Vorteile: I tested it side by side with competitors and it hands down had the best performance, the least glitches, and the easiest user interface.

Nachteile: Just the price—it's expensive. That said, it's worth it. I was stoked when my doctor started offering it!

Perfect, user-friendly software

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Lauren G.
Creative Storyteller
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It would be great if it could just detect and connect audio and microphone automatically, but otherwise it has all the features you'd need, it's reliable, the quality is great and we also use zoom rooms, which is the easiest way to connect to meetings in all our conference rooms. I think it's a brilliant piece of software.

Vorteile: I think it's intuitive to use. I really like how easily you can hand control to another participant. I like that you can annotate the screen and collapse the camera views to be able to view the screen more easily. I like that you can easily show your entire monitor, or just one window. It's secure and easy to use and it has transformed the way we hold conference calls.

Nachteile: We actually ended up producing a small eLearning module on how to use zoom, to send to our clients. Although I find it intuitive, we did find that sometimes clients wouldn't know they had to connect their audio and microphone, and they'd just think it wasn't working. When we went to find a simple web page explaining how to use zoom, we found there wasn't one - so we made one.

Excellent meeting tool and also excellent for customer support!

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Ivan M.
Technical Services

Kommentare: My overall experience is excellent, except for the two comments mentioned before, everything else is perfect and works flawlessly.

Vorteile: It's pretty easy to use and easy to integrate with Google Calendar. The Google Calendar Chrome plugin is very convenient, with a single click it assigns the Zoom meeting to an appointment.

Nachteile: This is a software I use almost daily, so when I moved from Windows to Ubuntu Linux, I figured out I could use Zoom for Linux. The Linux version definitely needs polishing in the user experience to get up to speed to the Windows version, as some meeting controls get in the way when working with customers. For this software and another unrelated one, I had to switch back to Windows, because definitely it was getting in the way on my productivity. Guilty of bad UX in Linux. Additionally, saving the meeting recording to cloud and then sharing sometimes work weird or in a counterintuitive way. I solved this by saving the recording in the computer and then uploading to Google Drive and sharing it that way.

Best Conference Call/Virtual Meeting Software Available

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Again, the issues I am highlighting are fairly nit picky as Zoom is vastly superior to the previous product we were using (Goto Meeting)

Vorteile: So lets start by acknowledging that every single professional conference call/virtual meeting software or product has some flaws. None of them offer everything you want without some glitches or issues. That said, I've used countless other products/vendors and can I attest that Zoom is easily the best of its class available on the market. I love that there is a simple Zoom add-on you can download into your personal Outlook to make scheduling meetings incredibly easy. Love that all employees get their own accounts/unique login ID's. I think the mobile app is also a big plus, as I have joined meetings and viewed what others are sharing directly on my phone. The customization options are outstanding.

Nachteile: Couple of areas for improvement:
- It doesn't need to blast super loud "this call is being recorded." That can freak some interviewees out. Consider changing to a visual cue that the call is being recorded (or a more subtle audio cue)
- Really wish there was a feature that warned you when you've accidentally scheduled two zoom meetings that overlap (with the same user/login). Could be helpful
- The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact that sometimes I don't fully end a zoom meeting and when I have another zoom call/meeting immediately in succession, it can sometimes say that the other meeting hasn't ended and I somehow am not able to end the first meeting in order for others to join the new meeting.
-Overlapping meetings (under a single user login) is by far the biggest area for improvement. We run into that issue pretty regularly
- Sometimes the call/meeting recordings don't show up or download

Favorite software I use daily

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Henry E.
Investor
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Solves the problem of meeting with people outside of the office with great quality audio, video and sharing. And constantly adding new, great features!

Vorteile: I've used meeting software like this for over 10 years, Zoom rocks and is so much better in so many ways - especially the important stuff like it JUST WORKS!

Nachteile: Really not much at all - I like everything about it. I guess it almost has too many features so you need to dig in and learn the software and custom-tailor it for yourself. For example, you can have it auto-record meetings for you every time. But that option is buried about 10 menu options deep - but it works great!

Zoom works the best out all the systems I have tried.

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Bob T.
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: By using Zoom meetings, I am able to record for both, my audio podcasts and my video training programs by using one simple software. Prior to using Zoom, I was using two and sometimes three different platforms to accomplish the same thing I can do through Zoom!

Vorteile: Zoom is the most stable platform I have used.
Zoom is becoming widely acceptable and is used by many of the clients whom I interview.
Zoom allows me to schedule the meetings in advance or simply send an invitation straight from the software itself.

Nachteile: I wish the ability was provided to eliminate all of the small icons of people on the call without having to upgrade to the webinar system.

Zoom is the Industry Standard for Me

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Ben M.
IT Architect
Unternehmensberatung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used Zoom for a little over a year and it has been an amazing experience. We moved to Zoom from Webex, after people constantly having issues with that platform. Zoom has been a night and day difference with user satisfaction sitting at a much higher rate than it was before.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is that it is reliable and provides a much better user experience than the competition. One of the features I love is that it will automatically detect and connect to a zoom meeting when you are in a zoom room.

Nachteile: The only negative that I can think of is that their support could have been a little better / faster responding to issues. They aren't as bad as some companies, but they weren't the best that I have experienced.

Reliable Conference Software

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Keion l. B.
Administrative Analyst
Personalwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Zoom is extremely good. The software is lightweight but very heavy hitting. It is packed with important features, controls and abilities. I feel this software one of the best on the market for audio video conferencing.

Vorteile: What I like most about Zoom software is that the software is available to use a no charge. The software has several features that I find to be extremely efficient Zoom allows you to have a one on one conference with any user in the world. You can use the software to do a conference call with technology devices such as computers, tablets and cell phone devices. The software utilizes audio, video and screen sharing capabilities. You can share your device screen so your audience can view a presentation, hear your voice and see you live via video camera. The Zoom software also allows you to screen record your device or computer. This function is key because you can record your presentations or conferences and use the recorded video later as a media marketing tool. The software is very easy to learn and is beginner friendly. Zoom also has very friendly customer support and technical assistance. I would recommend the software to any user who is interested in audio video conferencing software.

Nachteile: The only thing I like least about the software is the overlay controls. The controls can get in the way of your recording sometimes. The overlay can be docked near the bottom or the top section of the screen which is helpful.

The best tool for conference and group calls

Bewertet am 2.9.2019
Francisco V.
Release Manager

Kommentare: As I said earlier, Zoom is far superior to other tools in the market, even in its free version. We use it in our conference rooms and personal computers, with very good results in all scenarios (demos, support, remote daily meetings, etc.). Very user friendly and works really fast!

Vorteile: Having many off-shore clients, we use this tool for everything, from simple support calls to full demos. Zoom really shines when you compare it to other tools available in the market; we experience little to no latency in our calls, video or shared screen streaming, which is incredibly valuable when working remotely and convincing clients that this is not a limitation. In my personal experience, I never had a call dropped or a freezed screen. Audio quality is really good, even when having multiple callers from different locations. While acting as organizer I can easily manage speaking permissions and turns, making good use of the "raise hand" option.
Last but not least, the application is very easy to install and use, even if you're downloading it for the first time, just click on the link to the meeting and you're set.

Nachteile: When sharing control of the screen, Zoom does not allow control over applications opened in Administrator Mode, which is almost always when working in dev or UAT environments.
The action bar while sharing screen is a bit cluttered, making it hard to find the desired options.
Text-chat could stand to be improved; if you end the call, text messages are not saved, so they're lost forever if you forgot to save them beforehand.

Great conferencing software, couple annoyances

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Leif E.
Director of Marketing & Analytics

Kommentare: Overall really positive experience with the software as well as the sales and support teams.

Vorteile: I've tested a bunch of video conferencing options and landed on Zoom as the best. Quality is good (better than any other, but still could use improvement) and it has tons of features that I like. Really enjoy Zoom Rooms for conference rooms. I like that they are hardware agnostic. I got a Polycom Trio 8800 which acts as both the audio and the controller. Paired that with a cheapo PC from Amazon, an existing projector, and an inexpensive web cam to create a really nice solution. We add meetings to a conference room calendar and when you show up you can start the meeting with a single button from the Polycom. Very slick, although it took me a bit to get it configured properly.

Nachteile: It's frustrating that I have to buy both a Zoom Room license AND a pro user just to setup that room. The pro user should be included with the room since it is necessary to make it work. I really wish there was an option to start meetings with the video in the corner instead of full screen when you are the only person in the meeting. Sharing video is a bit glitchy and the audio lags. Outside of those issues it is great.

It actually works smoothly, unlike its competition

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
I.T. Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I could not be happier. Our institution has standardized on it, and it was one of the best I.T. business decisions we have made in the last 5 years.

Vorteile: Zoom video conferences are just smooth, and not loaded with an annoying amount of jitter like the other products in the field. That results in a natural meeting, as close as you can get other than physical face-to-face. It's well maintained. Unfortunately people still buy Cisco's option because of Cisco's name, not Cisco's functionality and performance.

Nachteile: It would be good to see more significant integration with G Suite and Office365.

Webconferencing for the agile workplace

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Andrew P.
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this product for countless meetings and I have always recommended it to co-workers. As a project manager, I often throw together meetings to have quick agile discussions with stakeholders and ZOOM allows me to do just that. Even external clients with no experience using ZOOM can access it and use it with little issue. As with all products, the more people are comfortable with the tools that ZOOM provides, the greater collaboration can be. Once people understand this, they find ZOOM to be one of the best tools for their day-to-day and begin scheduling their own web conferences. I think that alone demonstrates how useful ZOOM can be.

Vorteile: ZOOM is incredibly easy to use. The product is intuitive for the average user and can get you started with a web conference in little time. Most industries rely on some sort of off-site conferencing tool, particularly for large organizations with multiple locations. ZOOM has a quick turnaround, you can have you conference set-up and details to attendees right away. The ZOOM UI during a meeting is very helpful as well, you can switch between a presentation, to video conferencing, and teleconferencing with single commands. Other users are presented with a simple and intuitive dashboard to allow them to share and participate. I have never run into a technical issue that wasn't easily overcome, and almost never had any issues during a presentation. Participants have a wide array of participating as well, with a helpful and discrete chat box and ways to "jump-in" without needing to pause the conference.

Nachteile: Audio can be tricky depending on how you have your conference rooms set-up. When using at home or at a desk, this is not an issue, but in conference rooms with in-room audio connected to the presenting computer, there can be echo. This is mostly user-caused and can be easily fixed, but it is something that has come up more than once. Some users have trouble figuring out how to mute or turn their camera off, and the web conference client at times requires refreshing when it doesn't launch initially.

A great alternative to GoToMeeting and WebEx

Bewertet am 17.8.2019
David W.
Chief Information Officer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Zoom is a worthy competitor to GoToMeeting and Webex even if it still lacks some useful features. It does excel in large group environments and video screen participation.

Vorteile: Zoom is a full featured virtual meeting/collaboration software. As a long-time user of GoToMeeting, I found Zoom to be an excellent alternative. One of the great things about Zoom is the extent that it can be customized to each individual user. Zoom leverages most of its strengths if it’s applied within a large organization. Each user gets to customized how they engage Zoom at startup. For instance when entering a meeting, users can set as their defaults such things as entering a meeting with microphone and camera turned off.. No embarrassing “gotcha” moments. Zoom allows multiple options for screen sharing, using single or multiple screens, or highlighting one app. Zoom also allows for whiteboards. Customer support is generally prompt and helpful. Two billing disputes were resolved within a few minutes. Technical support is also generally helpful and responsive. A problem with echoes and distortion was quickly diagnosed in the middle of a meeting and fixed with minimal interruption.

Nachteile: One of the glaring defects of Zoom is not being able to share controls.. While users may designate another meeting attendee as a host, it doesn’t allow for passing off of controls. Which is not the same thing. Several users of competitor titles like GoToMeeting or WebEx, find this feature very useful as it lets other meeting attendees manipulate their screen while still retaining overall control of the meeting. The control elements are a bit more spread out on the desktop app than users may be used to with GoToMeeting and WebEx.  in some cases this means more screen real estate is available for actual meeting content, but it can also make things a little bit harder to find.

Virtual meetings with lots of features

Bewertet am 13.8.2019
Jeremy F.
Onwer / Coach
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a coach, I did not want to limit my clients to driving distance, nor do I want to keep a dedicated office that I can bring "strangers" into, outside of my home. Zoom not only allows me to meet seamlessly but allows my clients to meet comfortably in their own home (and not have to worry about baby sitters, etc). The ease of use and multi-platform support removes any compatibility worries when setting meetings.

Vorteile: This software is easy for my clients to set up for a meeting with me virtually. I love that I can share my whole desktop, one window on it, a selected part, or even share the screen of my phone. I've used this to meet on a Mac, PC, iPhone, and iPad. This has options for recording meetings, setting defaults for audio/video, etc. You can do group meetings and allow client(s) to share or control my desktop. One thing I've only used occasionally is assigning a unique meeting ID for each meeting. I just use my standard ID so I can incorporate it into form emails and my scheduling software.

Nachteile: The free version limits group meetings to 40 min (but it's the free version; I do meet with others who have the paid version and it's great)

Zoom video webinar meetings simplicity and power in meeting and webinar software

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
James A.
National Manager information Systems
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been very good and we have solidly used at least 2 other leaders in this category over the past 2-5 years.

Vorteile: Zoom seems to work really well on all our platforms and provides many options for our participants on many devices, so we have mobile and desktop and laptop and meeting rooms all in one meeting. We regularly use Zoom to meet across the country in large,medium and small groups. It has the potential to have 1000 participants if you have the right plan with the webinars option. We quite often connect up our usb high quality microphones after the meeting is started and they are picked up instantly with the choice of sources available. You can present graphics, desktop and sound across the presentation. Another cool feature is that if you are using multiple screens it is really easy to choose what you share. Recording the meetings is really simple with the choice of recording to your pc or the cloud for later playback and sharing. Also these recorded files come in various options including audio only. We sometimes grab these recorded training sessions and edit them and turn them into repeatable training resources. RSVP can be managed with the addon for webinars. you can setup many defaults for variables before the meeting starts like record, mute on, video on.

Nachteile: I think the only thing I am not sure that it does is allow you to mute incoming calls in case they are noisy, in most other instances we have had no issue muting computer based listeners if they became a litttle noisy.

Is it healthy to like a meeting and chat software this much?

Bewertet am 4.8.2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist

Kommentare: Try the demo and see if it works best for your business. I know that I don't have any regrets.

Vorteile: I was introduced to Zoom at my first job, and I was surprised with all of the in-chat features and integrations (Outlook, Google Chrome plugins, etc). After speaking with my finance team, it seems more simple than most for billing and subscription purposes as well. I use Zoom for both my personal and work life, and hope that they continue to keep improving the software in the future.

Nachteile: There's a couple of glitches here and there as the company continues to scale. It's not too big of a complaint though.

Very Easy and Convenient Platform for Remote Team Meetings & Presentations

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Amy S.
Marketing Consultant

Kommentare: My experience with Zoom Meetings and Chat has been great. It's quickly become one of our team's most valuable collaboration tools. It feels like a shared meeting platform that's truly collaborative. Instead of one person starting and running a meeting, we can each step in and lead on-the-fly, naturally. So far, this platform feels more like your team being in the same room together than other professional meeting platforms.

Vorteile: It's easy to start and join meetings -- both for internal teams and external clients. Just send a link and anyone can participate. This is a very intuitive alternative to platforms like Skype, Join.me and GoToMeeting. And our team's experience is that it's more reliable than Skype. We're a small group of remote workers, so our team is online together via Zoom daily, some of us continuously for multiple hours. It's easy to swap screen share (no need to "promote" a participant to "presenter"; easy to record and keep meetings. We use the chat feature to share files and off-screen commentary. We love being able to see each other in real time, which makes our meeting and collaboration time feel almost "in-person." Best of all, each of us on our team has our own unique meeting link. We've bookmarked each other's "Zoom Rooms," so we can easily hop on and off with each other as needed for "huddles" throughout the day. Our clients appreciate the "face-to-face" meeting time. It's just as easy for them to participate. Zoom feels really organic and collaborative. The platform never gets in the way.

Nachteile: If you are presenting on Zoom you have to keep your eye on the screen to see if you have chat messages waiting, but that is the same with GoToMeeting. The chat alert is definitely more visible than in GoToMeeting, and it feels more natural and less distracting to open and respond to the chat in Zoom. Basically, Zoom has done a great job with the meeting controls to keep everything very simple and visible.

Great for people that use technology, hard for some older folks

Bewertet am 20.7.2019
Amber elizabeth M.
Administrative Operations Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While we survived on the free platform for a long while at one point, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the paid version to others as the features really add a lot of robustness. Any business that hasn't caught on to video chats can try this product for free and learn what they are missing!

Vorteile: Because you can combine phone and video options, there's virtually no reason people can't join your meeting virtually! At two companies where we've used this software, we've been able to have remote meetings, schedule calls for clients, and woo investors. And this was before we were on the subscribed plan! Zoom's free version (requires download on your phone) is awesome for doing a video chat with clients or even as a prelim interview for new employee candidates. Because the software is free, or access on a computer is a breeze, you can video chat with people that may not have iphone, skype or whatever else that generally requires an account.

Nachteile: In reality, the problems were probably more likely user error than Zoom's fault, I would love to see a way for Zoom to notify the participants that one of the feeds is frozen or glitching. I know this likely has a lot more to do with the streaming connection of the person on the line. However, if Zoom were able to indicate that one person's feed was frozen through detecting no new data, the other participants might have a better chance to pause the conversation if necessary. Without the notification, people will continue talking and eventually have to backtrack using more time than necessary. The second "Con" is that well, if you need to connect with an older generation, you might want to coach them through this in advance. We've had some delays in getting meetings started, issues with microphones on computers not connecting, and people that will call in AND connect to video --- hello, feedback noise!

A Fine, Very Customizable Video Conferencing Tool with Extra Features

Bewertet am 28.4.2019
Sébastien L.
Directeur

Kommentare: My experience with this software has been reliable when excluding certain behaviors, such as moving Zoom windows around when recording or using the annotation tool. I haven't got the chance to use frequently this software on other devices, but I have mixed feelings when using it on a Linux system because of the aforementioned issues. I find Zoom is a solid option for one-on-one meetings, particularly considering everything needed works perfectly on a free plan. For bigger meetings, a Premium plan is a must and one can still benefit a lot from this software. It has enabled me to do screen sharing very easily without having to know anything about video recording or editing. Even on low-end PCs, I feel that Zoom is quite capable of rendering a good enough video for formal meetings that need to be shared later by other means. The encoding used for exported videos is a great compromise between size and quality, making it a viable option when it comes to sharing a meeting online. I wouldn't recommend Zoom for producing high-quality videos intended for commercial use or for presentations with a large audience (above 100 participants), but it works perfectly fine for personal projects and for most business meetings. I find I could benefit more if I were able to use all the available features as one often needs to rely on workarounds such as using an image editing tool to make drawings from screenshots instead of being able to directly work on the screen as intended by the software.

Vorteile: Zoom brings to the table premium features for free. One-on-one meetings are not time-limited or missing any essential option. It is possible to set up recurring meetings by generating a permanent Zoom link, which is very useful to have custom links for many different contacts. Zoom makes it possible to share the screen with others: either to record a solo session; screen share with others in a meeting while having the ability to record audio and video; share only a specific window or the entire desktop and there's also a quick way to switch between different screens from participants, all of it being configurable in the application. Scheduling a new meeting is straightforward and numerous options are presented to make it easy to obtain the desired behavior by default when launching a meeting. Meetings can also be integrated with external calendars and provide more advanced options to facilitate interactions when the meeting starts, such as automatically recording on the local computer and asking for a password to prevent unauthorized access. Being able to chat with attendees and store all relevant information about them in an address book inside Zoom are other features that make interactions with frequent users a breeze. There are plenty of settings available from the main window to adjust audio, video and recording details and even integration with dual monitors.

Nachteile: Technical issues are present with the Linux desktop application in certain hardware conditions, especially with the annotation tool, rendering it totally useless. While using that tool, the screen isn't updated in real-time and won't allow displaying drawings with a transparent background to make it possible to annotate on the screen while keeping the desktop visible in the background. There are also various notable glitches when moving Zoom windows around, such as the video window being duplicated when recording and staying on the screen for extended periods of time, ruining the quality of any recording being made. Because of those shortcomings, it is impractical to try and move the windows when recording and some features simply need to be forgotten at those times. It is also inconvenient that the toolbar won't display properly when set at the bottom of the screen, as it only opens from top to bottom, making the list of tools go outside the bottom part of the screen and effectively unreachable. There is no way to resize the toolbar which occupies too much space on tiny monitors (screen size of 13 inches and below). In a similar fashion, the main window when a meeting is happening can't easily be resized as some buttons will disappear and become unusable, making it harder to record the session or end the meeting.

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom – For a smooth ride to your next online event

Bewertet am 27.7.2018
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Affordable. Reliable. Easy. That’s Zoom in a nutshell. We have experienced the heartache of running a webinar only to have the audio cut in and out and glitch the entire time – ultimately causing our attendees to drop off. But, that’s not the case with Zoom. Our company, belonging to the industry of software QA and testing, regularly hosts remote meetings to check in and collaborate on progress and future team initiatives. We decided to make the switch from GoToMeeting (a great alternative to Zoom) because it fit our needs more accurately. Zooms customer support is remarkably responsive and very quick to solve any issues encountered. Pros
Zoom video conference calling and webinar is fitting for any sized company or organization. Meetings can be scheduled within seconds and added directly from Zoom’s platform to Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, or Outlook Calendar; which allows you to set up invites and add additional attendees.
Zoom provides the option to either enroll in a monthly or an annual plan, in which you can choose to deactivate and/or reactivate at any time (beneficial for saving extra bucks if you do not run regular monthly webinars). The plan that includes 100 participants, for both video conferencing and webinar, are priced at an affordable price per month (GoToWebinar is nearly double in price for the same plan). The audio on calls and webinars comes across crisp; we have never experienced any issues with dropped calls or glitches during webinars). Having the ability to join calls and webinars from any desktop, tablet, and/or phone (iOS and android) is convenient for anyone looking to access meetings on the go. Zoom includes various features, i.e. live screen-sharing, whiteboard, etc., which helps relieve the difficulties of working remotely. If you are holding an international meeting, I.e. training, trainees can join by laptop and listen over laptop speakers (they would have to use laptop and not call in directly via phone to avoid having to pay for extra international call credits – which costs an additional /month).
Zoom comes in handy when working with distributed teams; Zoom’s conference calling features are great for doing demos, exercises, sprint planning, etc.

Nachteile: When joining a webinar or a call via mobile device, it’s unclear how to join audio (I thought there was something wrong with my phone because it was telling me my audio was on but I could not hear anything during the webinar – turns out I couldn’t see the audio number which was hidden behind the webinar). If anyone else has this confusion you can also look at the original webinar confirmation or follow-up reminder and locate the call-in number there. The poll questions and results to not display in the webinar recordings so you will have to edit or takes screenshots and merge them into your recording (we use I movie to do this).

Zoom is the backbone of my coaching practice.

Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Devora gila B.
Team Coach
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Gives me an edge over my competitors, credibility, community, communication, engagement. Added value to coaching experience -- recordings are priceless.

Vorteile: I have been using Zoom for a few years now. I love its ease of use and quality. How many times have I been on a Skype call and it froze in the middle???? I avoid Skype at all costs now.
With Zoom I can easily schedule my client meetings. I actually have the invitation already pasted into my appointment confirmation and reminder autoresponder, with the url and dial-in information. It's so easy to manage appointments this way.
The recording feature is helpful as well. When your session is over, the recording is available in different formats, video and audio, and gets automatically processes and stored in your computer and available to upload to my clients. I like the video conferencing feature for groups as well, with different screen possibilities. I can choose to view everyone at once, only a few people at once, or the speaker. This is helpful for webinars and group coaching. Share screen is a feature I use in different ways. For client enrollment conversations. I can actually share the Agreement form and go through all of the contract terms in real time, being able to close the sale more quickly. In client sessions I can go through their website or materials and give real-time feedback, which is invaluable. Chat feature makes workshops, webinars and group sessions engaging and lively. The speaker can read the chat questions and comments and respond.

Nachteile: I can't find much to compain about. I was using the free feature and was dissapointed that I couldn't have a longer session with more than one person, but I've since upgraded. There is a video tutorial for how to do a background in the upgraded version but I'm finding it a little hard to follow. At one point I thought I had a different version of Zoom than the one they were showing. So that was confusing.

Zoom for Campus Meeting and Remote Faculty

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Sara S.
Academic Advisor
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this has helped us to reach online students so they feel that we are real, live people and not just some robot behind an email address. Being able to video chat on a platform that doesn't really have technical difficulties in using has been a huge help for those that are less comfortable with sites that we typically use to video chat or host webinars or advising groups. I think that the ease of use in learning how to operate a zoom meeting is a big pro. Additionally, this has completely changed how we can work with candidates who aren't able to attend on campus interviews in our actual physical space. This is opening up a lot of possibilities for us!

Vorteile: This product is essential to our team. We use this for a variety of reasons which to name a few include: communicating with students for advising or progressions meetings, communicating with fellow staff members or team members who are working remotely or telecommuting, communicating with faculty who are out of state, hosting large school or department/college meetings to allow multiple staff or faculty to "remote in" at the same time so even though they are not physically in the space, they can still see and hear what is going on in the physical meeting and we can hear them and see them as well.
I think this is a great concept for smaller meetings where we are all remote as well. It's kind of hard sometimes to schedule up conference calls and being able to use personal laptops or work computers to video chat with a smaller group has allowed us to stay more connected. As an added bonus, it really puts a face to faculty that we really see or who are out of state so we don't ever see them physically on our campus. It helps to create a sense of team and unity when we are all so far apart sometimes.
The pricing options are AWESOME as well! The service teams have been great about working with us to switch things up or bump our plans up as well. The video quality for what we get, even with internet/bandwith problems has always been top notch too, which I really love.

Nachteile: No complaints! Their site is easy to use, their service teams are quick to respond, and there are multiple pricing/package options for you to be able to customize what you need for your uses.

Hi Everybody! Nice to chat with you today

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Will L.
Sales
Personalwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience with Zoom has been a good one. I realize that there is no glass slipper conferencing solution that will meet all my expectations. That being said, Zoom does a great job of being good at the ones that really matter to me. With zoom, I do not travel as much because a face to face conference seems to suffice most situations and the meetings can be flexible to work with different time zones. Having a link to my meetings directly in the calendar invite has been a huge benefit for me as clients know exactly where to go to access the conference. This has been a good tool and I would recommend it to my peers.

Vorteile: I think we can all agree that one of the worst things about conferencing with a new client or employee is walking them through the setup and install if the tool. Then going through and making sure their microphone is connected and so forth. This is what makes Zoom so great. The one click install to start using the tool really makes things simple, streamlined, and best of all, it makes you look like an expert because it is set up in seconds. Being able to see everyone's face in the meeting is a game changer as well because your meetings are more personable and you can really gauge people's responses to items as you bring them up. They take the ease of use even further by being able to chat, mute and raise your hand, this is especially true if there are multiple people on a call. It is simply a great tool.

Nachteile: Some of the biggest cons I see are: Not being able to configure backgrounds. Not doing can add distractions Occasionally, there are times where one of my attendees or I will join the call only to be the lone person in the conference. Then we have to leave and rejoin to get into the correct conference. Computer audio can be a pain as it pick up a lot of background noise and there is usually an echo The leave meeting button should be easier to find and centrally located

Excellent affordable and robust conference tool

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Adrian A.
Web Publishing Site Design en MarketingRT

Kommentare: My overall assessment of this tool is positive, I have managed to do many things with ZOOM, to the point of saying that it exceeds my expectations in a videoconference program, with this program I can give my inductions without any problem, I like its high warm in The audio and video, adames that I can share screen while I am explaining, is a program that offers high security encryption and that makes me feel safe, this program really has everything we need in a videoconferencing software

Vorteile: ZOOM is the best remote communication service Affordable at all levels, I like it because it is free and so you can test its operation and make the decision to purchase the premium packages, beyond keeping in touch Zoom works miracles in keeping them in touch and communication with or without any problem, I think the miracle of moving from another place is a thing of the last century, but this tool is unique with respect to other software in its class is simple but complete when communicating, you can keep a videoconference of High level and advanced where all participants can collaborate together with a virtual whiteboard, this program makes it excellent is its audio and video quality. It is robust versatile and accessible by all and for all, it is one of the best alternatives in the market today

Nachteile: I do not like the limited citation of 40 minutes per conference, which causes the meeting to be disconnected, of course, that happens only in a basic plan but it is inconvenient to interrupt the meeting with that, and well I would like you to update the program interface to That is more intuitive and pleasant, another thing that is missing is that you accept other payment options besides paypal

Good...But Not Great

Bewertet am 3.9.2019
David Y.
Editor and Marketer
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Zoom gets the job done, but it could be better. The interface is not entirely easy to navigate. Before purchasing Zoom I would recommend trying out the application. You can set up a free account, and with the free account you can hold brief meetings (the last time I did this, the meetings were capped at 60 minutes). However, it is a nice and inexpensive way to see if Zoom might be right for you. My advice to those seeking a digital meeting application would be to compare Zoom side by side with GotoMeeting. As stated, my experience has been that GotoMeeting is easier to navigate and learn. My team has used GotoMeeting for years, but even early on, it was easier to use than Zoom.

Vorteile: Zoom is a tool used mainly for online meetings. It's a great tool if you want to bring together remote employees. It's also valuable if you host a meeting and want to invite others outside of your organization without having to fly them to your city to meet in person. My experience with Zoom falls into this latter category. That is to say, my Zoom is experience is based on being in invitee to meetings hosted by other organizations that use Zoom. There are several features I like about Zoom. The audio quality is great as is the video quality. It's fairly easy to join a Zoom meeting (once you have the meeting credentials you simply click out on the url provided by the organizer). For audio, you can dial in or use your computer's audio system.

Nachteile: As an infrequent user of Zoom, I find it to be less easy to use than GotoMeeting (which is what my company uses). The Zoom interface is less clear, and it's not quite as easy to see who is in the meeting (whereas with GotoMeeting both of these details are quite obvious because of the helpful dashboard). With Zoom, I often find myself clicking around to figure out how things work. In sum, it's less user-friendly than other digital meeting applications I've used.