Webconferencing for the agile workplace

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Andrew P.
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this product for countless meetings and I have always recommended it to co-workers. As a project manager, I often throw together meetings to have quick agile discussions with stakeholders and ZOOM allows me to do just that. Even external clients with no experience using ZOOM can access it and use it with little issue. As with all products, the more people are comfortable with the tools that ZOOM provides, the greater collaboration can be. Once people understand this, they find ZOOM to be one of the best tools for their day-to-day and begin scheduling their own web conferences. I think that alone demonstrates how useful ZOOM can be.

Vorteile: ZOOM is incredibly easy to use. The product is intuitive for the average user and can get you started with a web conference in little time. Most industries rely on some sort of off-site conferencing tool, particularly for large organizations with multiple locations. ZOOM has a quick turnaround, you can have you conference set-up and details to attendees right away. The ZOOM UI during a meeting is very helpful as well, you can switch between a presentation, to video conferencing, and teleconferencing with single commands. Other users are presented with a simple and intuitive dashboard to allow them to share and participate. I have never run into a technical issue that wasn't easily overcome, and almost never had any issues during a presentation. Participants have a wide array of participating as well, with a helpful and discrete chat box and ways to "jump-in" without needing to pause the conference.

Nachteile: Audio can be tricky depending on how you have your conference rooms set-up. When using at home or at a desk, this is not an issue, but in conference rooms with in-room audio connected to the presenting computer, there can be echo. This is mostly user-caused and can be easily fixed, but it is something that has come up more than once. Some users have trouble figuring out how to mute or turn their camera off, and the web conference client at times requires refreshing when it doesn't launch initially.

Zoom makes Customer Support Stress Free

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Cay C.
software support

Kommentare: Zoom meetings are reliable, clear, and easy to use most of the time.

Vorteile: I support non-techie customer daily on how to use our software. Our support mantra goes above and beyond what our software can do... we show our customers work arounds to get the data they need. It is not easy to describe through chat and email the steps at times. In addition, our customers are not always skilled ot describe what they need or see. With Zoom, we can show them how to do it. We can show them that the software is working as expected. Happy customers makes for happy support experience.

Nachteile: If only connecting to a scheduled Zoom meeting was easier for first time users. Sometimes, it requires several attempts because non-techie customers have no idea what is going on and they wait for a while before realizing they need to click something to join a meeting. I have no idea what they are doing wrong and can't help. In addition, sharing the mouse or handing over the screen share to another participant is not intuitive.

Best of the best, thank you for perfecting video chat

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Principal (Branded Copywriting, Content Strategy, Brand Development, Creative Concepts)
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I originally started using Zoom with a client who had a client out of state. I was really impressed with the interface and brought it into my own team. It's allowed us to expand our customer base seamlessly out of town, and drastically cut down on unnecessary travel.

Vorteile: I tested it side by side with competitors and it hands down had the best performance, the least glitches, and the easiest user interface.

Nachteile: Just the price—it's expensive. That said, it's worth it. I was stoked when my doctor started offering it!

Better Than Many of Their Competitors, but Not Great

Bewertet am 29.6.2019
Human Resources Manager
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While Zoom is far from perfect, they are infinitely better than so many of their competitors that you can forget about most of their shortcomings. Except for one major one - their user interface. It's horrible. And I have not noticed any discernable upgrades or enhancements to really any aspect of their product over time. It appears they have a If It's Not Broke Don't Fix It philosophy, but there are things that maybe aren't broken but have major room for improvement.

Vorteile: Of all the video conferencing tools out there - and there is no shortage of them, either past or present - I have to say that Zoom works probably the best as far as logging in and everything working. Everybody who has ever attended a video conference knows the headache and utter waste of time known as "technical difficulties" especially those that arise at beginning of any video conference. This person's video isn't working; that person can't hear. You keep getting disconnected. Zoom somehow avoids this most of the time and that rarest of all things usually occurs - video conferences start on time.

Nachteile: If you have any more than say three - max four - participants, you're going to go crazy trying to include and see everybody at once. Yes, it's okay when whoever is speaking is shown front and center, but when you're speaking and want to gauge everyone's expression and just see everybody as though you are in the same room with in person, Zoom's Brady Bunch opening from Hell interface will literally drive you mad.

Best quality video conference we have used

Bewertet am 2.11.2019
Adam H.

Kommentare: We use Zoom for all our internal and external conferencing requirements, so we no longer need a seperate video and call conferencing. Our overall experience in this regard has been excellent and a very positive change.

Vorteile: Zoom has excellent features and integrations making it easy to use and provides options for those using multiple different devices, as well as the good old-fashioned telephone. We love it, but the best thing about Zoom is the reliability and quality of the video. Compared to other systems we have used, it is very reliable, even on low bandwidth.

Nachteile: The biggest issue with Zoom is that you have to pay extra for the webinar functionality - however this is substantial features and given webinars can be income generating I suppose it is understandable.

Zoom makes videoconferencing easy, even for novice users.

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Joshua D.
Assistant Marching Band Director
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our organization's members are spread all over Northeast Ohio, and Zoom lets folks be face to face during a meeting, even when distance, weather, and other complications make in-person meeting impractical.

Vorteile: My absolute favorite thing about Zoom is the fact that inviting someone to a meeting is as simple as sending the link. On the end-user's side, all they have to do is click the link. If they've got the software, then they're all set. If not, the installer launches automatically. Simple, simple, simple. I work with mostly volunteers of varying levels of technical comfort, and this software has made my job much easier.

Nachteile: This is an extremely niche thing, and I have absolutely NO problem with the fact that the Zoom development team hasn't included these features, but one of the obstacles to our using Zoom for meetings has to do with Robert's Rules of Order -- in a totally electronic meeting, there is no integrated method for secret balloting during parliamentary proceedings. Again -- that's a SERIOUSLY edge use-case. No problems here, but since you asked...

Excellent meeting tool and also excellent for customer support!

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Ivan M.
Technical Services

Kommentare: My overall experience is excellent, except for the two comments mentioned before, everything else is perfect and works flawlessly.

Vorteile: It's pretty easy to use and easy to integrate with Google Calendar. The Google Calendar Chrome plugin is very convenient, with a single click it assigns the Zoom meeting to an appointment.

Nachteile: This is a software I use almost daily, so when I moved from Windows to Ubuntu Linux, I figured out I could use Zoom for Linux. The Linux version definitely needs polishing in the user experience to get up to speed to the Windows version, as some meeting controls get in the way when working with customers. For this software and another unrelated one, I had to switch back to Windows, because definitely it was getting in the way on my productivity. Guilty of bad UX in Linux. Additionally, saving the meeting recording to cloud and then sharing sometimes work weird or in a counterintuitive way. I solved this by saving the recording in the computer and then uploading to Google Drive and sharing it that way.

Infrequent Webinar Host Masters Zoom After 2 Uses!

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Davina F.
Exec. Admin
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Zoom as an Executive Admin has been positive. Creating a low cost account was simple, educating future users takes an entire 5 minutes, and associates who are intimidated by technology have complimented the system with surprise in their voice. In other words, it's exceeded everyone's experience after using other programs like GoToMeeting.

Vorteile: The best features of this software are: meeting/webinar scheduling, invitations, and NO DOWNLOADS / Account Creations for viewers.

Nachteile: Some of the features aren't necessarily intuitive. It's easy to forget how to annotate during the middle of a webinar, but the challenge is overcome quickly.

Virtual Meetings Made Easy!

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Carlee M.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great software!

Vorteile: I love that all folks need to do to join my meeting is click the link I send them - easy peasy!

Nachteile: I don't necessarily like that the webinar option is more expensive than the basic subscription, but I get why it is the way it is.

Hands down THE BEST virtual meeting software

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Richard B.
Onboarding Partner Manager
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No hiccups whatsoever. Works perfectly, people connect seamlessly, and I rarely get complaints.

Vorteile: Literally everything, but I'll say the ease with which others can join my meetings. I almost never have anyone complain, unless they are looking for excuses for being late.

Nachteile: The only thing I dislike about this software is that the participant and video windows can't be made much smaller. I'd love to have them take up about half the room they currently take. It could just be that I haven't messed with it enough.

Meetings and Calls without worry of time and distance

Bewertet am 5.1.2020
Lead Quality Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall zoom is a great tool for meetings and webinar. People can also join without host joining the call. So, you don't have to wait till host's join. It's quick and the phone app works well to.
I like the UI It's simple and easy to send an invite. We used to do all meeting including international ones with zoom only and if the internet is good, I never faced and drop or lags in the call.

Vorteile: The quality of audio and video both calls is good without any interference and drops. We used to use this software daily for our client meetings and bi-weekly webinars. There used to be multiple people in calls from different locations internationally, there were no delays in calls. Screen sharing is one of the most useful feature as we need this all the time for client calls.
Another helpful feature is, you can record you webinar which can be shared later with the group and during the meetings you can also send messages privately to one person.
Sending invites is quite easy as the interface is simple. Additionally, different time zone can also be selected for calls.
I used to have zoom app installed on my phone as well and used to join meetings while travelling through phone only. The app works well too it's easy to use and has all the features. Once or twice the app hanged and the call was dropped in between but otherwise i didn't found any other problem. On my laptop I never faced such kind of issue with this software. And of course as it works using internet, if your connection isn't stable or good you'll have lags and drops.
It has all the basic features need in any webinar software like mute, audio, video, desktop sharing, chat, adding to calendars, time zone selection etc. So finally, it's easy to use and quality is also nice.
The free version has no trial period and can be used as long as you want with some limitations. I would recommend this software.

Nachteile: The free version has limited minutes of conferencing and the call is disconnected automatically after that. This feels wired as one time we were in the middle of explain a feature and the call ended abruptly. Of course you can start the meeting again and continue but for group meetings I would recommend the paid version.
The link generated for meetings has random string rather than you id or name. So, it is difficult to recognize the link just be looking at it and you have to look the detailed invite as who's hosting the meeting. It would be easier and time saving if there is name in the meeting link itself.

It works internationally as well

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Michelle K.
Content Project Manager
Möbel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are all able to share screens and see the same content together, at the same time. We do not have to email our spreadsheets or presentations before the meeting, constantly reminding everyone where to look or what we are discussing to stay on topic. We are able to see our team's faces for better communication, which leads to better understanding and interaction.

Vorteile: Ease of installation and integration with google. Once extensions are all installed, you can schedule your Zoom meeting right in the google calendar, which is always a plus. Our company uses Zoom to have meetings within office and with our teams from Australia, Canada, Korea, and China and it works flawlessly. I am able to see our team members from China and video quality is Superb. I share my screens to show content to them as well and it works really well. It never crashed or lagged once. We have used other softwares before and always had a bad connection issues which was very frustrating.

Nachteile: At first, people have hard time learning to use the program. Zoom offers so much features that sometimes, people are confused about what works for what but eventually, people figure it out and it works.

Zoom: Easy to Learn and Should Replace Any Other Video Conferencing Software You Have

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Marki Z.
Administrative Assistant
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Zoom has been overwhelmingly positive. Once you get over the initial bumps in the road to figure out how to best use it, it shines as a software. I have never had a dropped, stalled, or buffered call, I have never had audio issues, it really is a cut above the rest in that regard. After using Zoom I can't imagine going back to competitors like Skype or Google Hangouts for video conferencing.

Vorteile: It's honestly very easy to use. Even our clients who don't necessarily have Zoom downloaded prior to a Zoom Meeting find it easy to get up and running which really takes the burden off of us and relieves any back and forth having to explain how to work the program during time that should be spent already on a call. The functionality of the software does not change very much between the free version and the more premium versions which I appreciated; the paid version really only seems to remove the restrictions of the free version so it didn't feel like having to learn a brand new program once we made the switch. Everything is labeled fairly clearly, and I didn't have to research the software extensively to find out how to work each function because of how user-friendly it is. The options to use your computer audio or call in by phone really makes it shine I think though, as most video conferencing software does not provide the either/or option, which I think anyone who has been in a video conference will know only leads to lackluster audio quality.

Nachteile: I think if Zoom created a handbook or user guide that they sent to each person or business who purchases their software, it would really put them above the rest. The software is user-friendly, but I did have to google a few things to figure out how to work certain elements of the software. I understand the reasoning behind defaulting every call to password protected, but I think it should be optional, as there are already a lot of numbers involved in accessing a call and throwing in a password has confused more than one of my meeting participants. The invitation to each zoom meeting I think is also a little unclear, when you first start using the program it is an overwhelming amount of information to have put in front of you and with the addition of multiple phone numbers by time zone and two different links it can be difficult to puzzle out. If it was a little more clearly defined I think it would be perfect, I know I had to trial and error myself before figuring out how to do it right every time.

Zoom Review

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Jason M.
Systems Administrator
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very happy with our choice to move to Zoom. It is not very resource intensive and is more cost effective than Webex. No additional 'Firewall work' was needed to get it going on our network and the interface is clean. The web admin console is easy to use and makes managing licenses a breeze. We are able to save on the amount of licenses needed as non licensed user still has 45 minutes of meeting time. Users are normally prompted very clearly about how soon the 45min time will elapse and it helps to wrap up meetings. I highly recommend Zoom for any size organization.

Vorteile: I like the fact that Zoom is not very resource intensive and runs very well within our virtual environment. Video rendering is surprisingly good on a virtual machine with 1 core and 2Gb of memory. We opted to install the client on the base image which did not affect performance negatively in any way. The web version is compatible with IE11, Chrome and Firefox and users do not feel restricted by choosing to use the browser vs the client.

Nachteile: Migrating from Webex, our users did not seem to "figure it out" right away. There were a little hand-holding initially especially with the "sharing screen" portion. What we would find is that users would click "share screen" and nothing happens as there is another step to the process where the decision needs to be confirmed. Confirming this decision is essentially, I am in no way advocating for it's removal, but maybe adding a dialogue box as a prompt, that makes the rest of Zoom inactive, so the user sees that confirmation is needed before doing anything else.

Best Video Collaboration Tool on the Market

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Michael B.
IT Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Zoom has been a great investment for us. We have never had software or any tool so quickly adopted by our users. By using Zoom, we have cut costs on video conferencing and allowed ourselves to do more with less in regards to conferencing. It has become the go to collaboration tool, and more user are doing video conferencing/screen sharing than they ever did with another tool.

Vorteile: I love how simple it is to use and how robust a tool it is without much management or administration. We have never had a tool that was so highly accepted and adopted with minimal effort by our users. We love the tool so much that it has become our company wide video conferencing solution.

Nachteile: The biggest drawback with the tool that I have seen so far isn't really an issue with the tool as much as it is about we use it. We have had issues with being able to play video's through the Zoom at the same time as presenting. We get a delay in the video and audio when doing this. I think this would happen regardless of the solution, but it's worth mentioning.

User friendly and great features

Bewertet am 21.11.2019
Miguel M.
Finance & Accouting Assistant
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall our team loves it. We use it everyday, haven't had any major issues, and they constantly update their features and fix minor bug issues.

Vorteile: Our office loves Zoom Meeting for the main following reasons: - Others can join the call remotely
- Can share Zoom meeting without others having to download the software
- Can make notes on the screen
- People can chat during meeting on the screen
- Can share desktop screen, other windows, phone screen, and more
- User friendly

Nachteile: It's hard to say what there is not to like about this software since in our eyes, they are the leaders in the industry for the pricing and features.

Smoothness almost guaranteed

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Jorge L.
Marketing Systems Manager
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It just works. It's so easy to integrate with Google Calendar to schedule and send a link, and also in the paid version we use, the call recording feature is a lifesaver. Everything is made to fit most businesses needs.

Vorteile: In most videoconference services the first question you ask is "Do you hear me?". In Zoom, this is not needed as it always works right from the beginning of the call. If your internet service is stable, you can be sure you'll experience the best video communication you can get as the level of compression is so well balanced that it seems magical.

Nachteile: I didn't like the recent privacy problem that it faced, when it was proved that the macOS version installed a web server without the user knowledge or permission, but the company retracted and made it right after it was publicly known.

Ease Of Video Calling

Bewertet am 13.10.2019
Lead - AV Presales
Computer-Hardware, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Zoom Meeting is a really good application for a new or existing user, You can dial PM for any particular person n u will be ib VC call. If you need to support remotly you can use the Zoom meeting. By using the chat option you can chat with private mode or you can broadcast your message.

Vorteile: Screen sharing, Join meeting without any knowledge of Zoom application, Taking remote control of the user, Chat option, Better video quality, session recording.

Nachteile: Sharing screen using the Zoom Room application is really good but sometimes it shows lag. Sometimes Zoom Meeting application gets hang in Ubuntu system

Zoom Review

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Suzie P.
Owner, Instructor
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I really like Zoom a lot. It's now my main software tool for business and video conferences. It's got great video quality, and it works great on my devices. I also like that there isn't this huge ordeal to use it's system. It's got a great reputation, and almost all of the people I do business with know what Zoom is, and also already use it, so that makes it extremely easy on me as well!

Vorteile: What I like most about Zoom is that it's pretty capable to have clear video's no matter what device I'm using it on. I usually have issues with my work laptop freezing up on me, and that's always been a problem with video conferences, until I started using zoom. I haven't had a problem with the video quality yet!

Nachteile: Sometimes it get's confusing to figure out who's generating the conference ID. This could definitely be on my and the other people's end, but sometimes I wish Zoom didn't have so many steps to get to the actual video conference itself. There tends to be way too many unnecessary windows that pop up that make things confusing to know when your actually in the video conference or not.

Easy To Use With Consistent Performance

Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Robert B.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: A great solution for calls with more than 2 parties. Screen sharing is easy to use and can be passed between attendees quickly and easily. Online chat lets you post links for everyone to find/follow. Software is fast and doesn't require constant updating/downloading. Launches quickly.

Vorteile: Setting up a call is as easy as dropping your Zoom link into a calendar invite. Attendees don't need to download or constantly update the software on their end and join easily and quickly. The call quality is always good and screen sharing is very easy to use, even switching between multiple people. With the chat feature you can easily share links to let all attendees see what you're referencing.

Nachteile: No complaints really. The only problems I've had stemmed from the internet connectivity on my end, which is inherent in any web-based tool. I don't often use the call-in feature so I can't speak to that.

Perfect, user-friendly software

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Lauren G.
Creative Storyteller
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It would be great if it could just detect and connect audio and microphone automatically, but otherwise it has all the features you'd need, it's reliable, the quality is great and we also use zoom rooms, which is the easiest way to connect to meetings in all our conference rooms. I think it's a brilliant piece of software.

Vorteile: I think it's intuitive to use. I really like how easily you can hand control to another participant. I like that you can annotate the screen and collapse the camera views to be able to view the screen more easily. I like that you can easily show your entire monitor, or just one window. It's secure and easy to use and it has transformed the way we hold conference calls.

Nachteile: We actually ended up producing a small eLearning module on how to use zoom, to send to our clients. Although I find it intuitive, we did find that sometimes clients wouldn't know they had to connect their audio and microphone, and they'd just think it wasn't working. When we went to find a simple web page explaining how to use zoom, we found there wasn't one - so we made one.

Best Conference Call/Virtual Meeting Software Available

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Again, the issues I am highlighting are fairly nit picky as Zoom is vastly superior to the previous product we were using (Goto Meeting)

Vorteile: So lets start by acknowledging that every single professional conference call/virtual meeting software or product has some flaws. None of them offer everything you want without some glitches or issues. That said, I've used countless other products/vendors and can I attest that Zoom is easily the best of its class available on the market. I love that there is a simple Zoom add-on you can download into your personal Outlook to make scheduling meetings incredibly easy. Love that all employees get their own accounts/unique login ID's. I think the mobile app is also a big plus, as I have joined meetings and viewed what others are sharing directly on my phone. The customization options are outstanding.

Nachteile: Couple of areas for improvement:
- It doesn't need to blast super loud "this call is being recorded." That can freak some interviewees out. Consider changing to a visual cue that the call is being recorded (or a more subtle audio cue)
- Really wish there was a feature that warned you when you've accidentally scheduled two zoom meetings that overlap (with the same user/login). Could be helpful
- The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact that sometimes I don't fully end a zoom meeting and when I have another zoom call/meeting immediately in succession, it can sometimes say that the other meeting hasn't ended and I somehow am not able to end the first meeting in order for others to join the new meeting.
-Overlapping meetings (under a single user login) is by far the biggest area for improvement. We run into that issue pretty regularly
- Sometimes the call/meeting recordings don't show up or download

Favorite software I use daily

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Henry E.
Investor
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Solves the problem of meeting with people outside of the office with great quality audio, video and sharing. And constantly adding new, great features!

Vorteile: I've used meeting software like this for over 10 years, Zoom rocks and is so much better in so many ways - especially the important stuff like it JUST WORKS!

Nachteile: Really not much at all - I like everything about it. I guess it almost has too many features so you need to dig in and learn the software and custom-tailor it for yourself. For example, you can have it auto-record meetings for you every time. But that option is buried about 10 menu options deep - but it works great!

Zoom works the best out all the systems I have tried.

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Bob T.
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: By using Zoom meetings, I am able to record for both, my audio podcasts and my video training programs by using one simple software. Prior to using Zoom, I was using two and sometimes three different platforms to accomplish the same thing I can do through Zoom!

Vorteile: Zoom is the most stable platform I have used.
Zoom is becoming widely acceptable and is used by many of the clients whom I interview.
Zoom allows me to schedule the meetings in advance or simply send an invitation straight from the software itself.

Nachteile: I wish the ability was provided to eliminate all of the small icons of people on the call without having to upgrade to the webinar system.

Zoom is the Industry Standard for Me

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Ben M.
IT Architect
Unternehmensberatung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used Zoom for a little over a year and it has been an amazing experience. We moved to Zoom from Webex, after people constantly having issues with that platform. Zoom has been a night and day difference with user satisfaction sitting at a much higher rate than it was before.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is that it is reliable and provides a much better user experience than the competition. One of the features I love is that it will automatically detect and connect to a zoom meeting when you are in a zoom room.

Nachteile: The only negative that I can think of is that their support could have been a little better / faster responding to issues. They aren't as bad as some companies, but they weren't the best that I have experienced.