A Great Tool to Drive Product Management with Coherent and Focused Product Strategy

Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Geoff H.
Chief Product Officer

Kommentare: We use Aha! to manage and optimize our product management for development of Enterprise software.

Vorteile: I first used Aha! four or five years ago - and it was good then, but has come a long way. I really like how Aha! brings together the why of product strategy with the how of product management. It enables our team to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track in these areas in ways that are very difficult to do with JIRA alone, or some combination of product specifications and JIRA. It's intuitive and the support is very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. There is a lot of customization possible, although I have not dipped into that much yet. But it is clear that as the size and scope of our development organization and product line grow that Aha! has everything needed to manage, prioritize & focus our efforts. Integration with Atlassian JIRA is also strong and a good option. We looked at only using Aha! - including for managing our development tickets & sprints - but that is not a fit at this point. Keeping the clutter & detail of all the workstream & ticket management for development separate is a better solution. I definitely recommend Aha as best in class for product management.

Nachteile: The one major improvement that I see is the need for some type of Knowledge Base / Documentation tool set similar to Confluence. Write now, I find that I have to keep meeting notes in separate documents, as these will tend to cover multiple tickets, and have other work to assign tasks and so on. With Confluence + JIRA, you can both document meetings and develop specifications in one place, and then link this to all of the tickets that are related.

All around great tool for product strategy - the "why" behind the roadmap

Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Susu A.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used Aha previously as well as just getting started with it at my current employer. After using Aha, you will never want to go back to the chaos of PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, Sharepoint, etc. I have had nothing but great experiences with the Aha team, both during the trial period and once we became a customer.

Vorteile: - Easy to use and learn
- Excellent support team, knowledgeable and responsive (all former product managers!)
- Several templates to choose from, or create your own
- Well defined structure for strategy, vision, goals and initiatives - single source of truth for the Product team
- Easy to share content with stakeholders
- Highly configurable to our organizations terminology and product hierarchy

Nachteile: - The presentation capabilities are somewhat rudimentary (formatting, graphics)
- Limited ability to support the Jobs-to-be-Done methodology (there are ways, but it's a bit of a square peg in a round hole)
- Embedded tables aren't sortable so it's a bit like older versions of Confluence

An awesome platform worth 5 stars

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Sallie S.
Program Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The past 14 or so months with Aha! has helped us evolve our internal processes and break down barriers to provide more consistent and streamlined cross-collaboration across our teams. Working with Aha! has been a very positive experience.

Vorteile: I always tell people that Aha! brings together the why and the how of a solution, giving the view into the overall strategy components of a solution, mixed with the back end development and ongoing progress. It captures everything our teams needs to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track. It's easy to use and the support team is fantastically responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. As someone with little technical background, the platform and an ever-growing knowledge base made it easy to customize the experience to our unique needs.

Nachteile: Sometimes too many options can be a bad thing. Aha! will let you do basically anything you want, but sometimes having that ability makes it feel overwhelming. However, I'd hardly call that a con since 1) I'd rather have too many options than not enough, and 2) the support team and knowledge base help you through whatever scenario you're in.

Don't recommend. Read review for details..

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Raf A.
Product Marketing
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Would never recommend.

Vorteile: Cool logo. Good space to house personas and competitor analysis.

Nachteile: In the initial onboarding process I would contact customer support for clarity, seeing as how I've never used such a software. I had one phone call, fairly short. I was later tasked with sole responsibility for the software - evangelizing and coaching others on how to use it. When I reached out to support for more clarity, the reps did EVERY possible not to get on a call with me. They would email me back every other day - directing me to instructional videos - refusing to get on the phone. I needed to integrate with Jira, "Please HELP!!??"- guess what? "We have some videos that can help you. Awful support. As well, not very user friendly, not customizable, and just down right inferior cosmetically.

A Product Manager's Bible

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Ryan D.
Product Owner
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Portfolio planning made easy. We had a pretty big disconnect between business, product and development up until discovering Aha! The tool we are actively using for our development sprints is not well-liked by the business/product heads so using Aha! has made a significant difference on how we plan our portfolio of products, visualize them on a shared roadmap, attribute market strategies to them and ultimately prioritize items from Aha! as the source of truth and push the "ready for development" items into Aha!

Vorteile: The breadth and depth of its functionality. You can really tell this is a platform built BY product managers FOR product managers.

Nachteile: The ramp up time took a little longer than we would've liked but thats the nature of the beast when you are working with a tool this powerful. Once I, as the power user, got the hang of everything, I was able to hold a few lunch and learn sessions with the rest of the team to get them up to speed as well.

Only paid for task management software to use!

Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Mike C.

Kommentare: Great so far. Always quick to respond and really helpful. They even let me pause my account while we had a slow down in the business.

Vorteile: There are so few tools that allow you to develop the strategic direction of a product alongside the aspects of delivery. Being able to add the strategic vision, goals and initiatives plus link those to the releases and roadmap is awesome! I also love how as the product management I can see all the work passed to my team in a release schedule view whilst also maintaining a Kanban view for my team's workflow management. Stop messing around with Jira/Confluence, Monday or Trello and get on Aha!

Nachteile: The tool is so rich that it can take some getting used to but once you get stuck in then you really feel the benefit!

Game changing Product Management Software

Bewertet am 9.1.2020
Andrew D.
Senior Product Manager

Kommentare: Exceptional!

Vorteile: The software makes Product Management possible at scale. What I love is the ability to gather all different feature and enhancmeent ideas from around my company easily through Aha's idea portals. All of our employees now know to drop any of their ideas into our portal so that the product team can actively manage them and push them into the product. Gone are the days of countless emails saying, "I wish the product did xyz..." or being stopped in the hallway to be told about a feature request. Our employees easily transfer ideas from our clients directly into our portals too. It's a lifesaver!

Nachteile: The product is great and I don't have any negatives to say! Takes a little while to think about how you want it implemented, but it's very flexible and can scale with your team.

Excellent way to consolidate & execute your strategy

Bewertet am 28.11.2019
Steven G.
Founding Partner

Vorteile: As a start-up, it's important we stay focused on the important stuff. Aha has helped us consolidate many views of our business held is disparate locations and applications into one easy to use and beautiful to look at platform.
We've also taken advantage of the many integration points which allows us to govern the day to day activities within the context of our overall strategy.
We have also recommended this tool to our partners and customers.

Nachteile: There's a lot on features on this platform, which is a good thing, but can be overwhelming. I'd suggest you first understand which features will be of use to your business. Then start with the online resources specific to the features you want to use. Being a little bit old school, I like to have a design on paper first before jumping in which has helped us get up to speed quickly.

A tool not only for Product

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Chelsea H.
Product Operation Manager
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Always so helpful, prompt and friendly.

Vorteile: This software and be sliced and diced in whatever way you need. It is great peice of software and has fast become our source of truth

Nachteile: It can be challenging to version control and look back on history as you cannot lock down fields by users

A lifesaver for a complex organization

Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Jonathan S.
VP, Product
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overwhelmingly positive. It has been a game-changer for our Product Team, allowing us to see all four verticals in one place and guide us to create a more cohesive, coherent, and easily distributed product strategy.

Vorteile: We have medium-sized, geographically diverse product team with people who like using different software and tools to manage their work and processes. Aha gave us the ability to work on strategy and high level product initiatives without impacting people's day-to-day work and adding additional tasks to their to-do list. All in all, it's a fantastic product and the team at Aha really has though of just about everything a product team needs to do their job.

Nachteile: There is too much to explore and stay on top of.

A Product Manager's best friend

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Simon M.
Chief Operating Officer

Vorteile: Having been on a long journey over the years with many different types of project/product management software solutions, none of them ever seemed to be "the one". Aha takes a different approach, and focuses on management of end-customer value that is aligned against the vision you have for your company and its products. It's the first work management platform I've used that took this holistic approach, and actually its massively empowering. I'm now able to construct high level roadmaps for complex projects that span multi-discipline teams that can be reported to all stakeholders very clearly and easily. Managing the features the team are going to focus on in a customer centric way is also great. Yes, you can use Aha for task management, but often in a product management capacity it's more important to express WHAT customer outcomes & benefits we want, and then let the team figure out HOW to deliver them. Moreover, the customer support from the Aha team is excellent, with plenty of guides not just how to use the platform, but also how to strategically tackle typical challenges that product managers face. I highly recommend Aha. It's a liberating product from a team that clearly have an awesome culture based around customer success.

Nachteile: Aha is a sophisticated tool that's very flexible and configurable so it takes a little while to get fluent with everything it can do, and understand the best workflow patterns with it. That said, once you find your groove it gets much easier. The support team help with that though.
Pricing is also in the premium end of the market, particularly for smaller companies, but then you do tend to get what you pay for.

Great Tool for Project & Portfolio Mgmt

Bewertet am 23.5.2017
John P.
Director, Project Management Office
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We can share project information and status immediately within our team, also useful for visual displays for internal and external meetings.

Vorteile: As an IS project management team, we like Aha's ability to organize all project and portfolio information in one spot. The custom report section's timeline report is used frequently for all portfolio reviews, and it allows us to drill down to a product, release, feature with 3 clicks.
We also use the comments sections for meeting minutes and another task tracking. I would estimate we only use 50% of Aha's capabilities but are very happy with our purchase. I Also customer service is 5 star when I submit an email I get a response often within the hour.

Nachteile: There is a bit of a learning curve, but videos help. I think you need a senior resource that will take a couple weeks to sift through all the features and identify what's important for your implementation vs. nice to have. Since we are an IS PM team, we don't use strategy and ideas, we only use product, release, features & reports tabs. We have experimented with strategy and ideas features but have not had the time to fully explore. There are a couple of items I have mentioned to customer service:
I would like the ability to store documents with the assurance I can recall if needed - currently, when I attach word docs I have to keep a backup in SharePoint based on advice from customer service.
I would like the calendar to exclude weekends as the default (or as an option) currently when I set up releases using my templates I have to go in and change start and end dates to workdays,

Flexible software to allow Product Managers to refocus on strategy

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Geraldine C.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I particularly like how Aha! allows the PM to link the features/tasks the team are working on to the reasons why these features have been defined and prioritized over others. It gives a clear direction to the entire team. I recently joined a startup company as a product manager and I felt daunted by the amount of features and tasks that were waiting to be developed in the backlog. The team was working in Agile mode, releasing features as soon as they were developed. It was extremely complicated to organize them around objectives and priorities and we had no visibility on when each of them would become available. Some members also felt that the team was sometimes working on features that should not be considered high priority.
Aha! solves these problems as it helped us organize the developments into theme-boxed releases (even if we actually put features in production as they are developed) and the master features improve clarity by grouping features into epics. Each of them are also now clearly graded in term of business value and effort and linked to overarching goals and initiatives in order to justify the priorities.
The dynamic reporting features are also a real time-saver. Finally the hotline is amazing! I had a couple of exchanges with them and their reactivity and helpfulness was way above my expectations.

Nachteile: I have only used the software as a trial until now, so I haven't spent too much time in adapting it to our specific needs. Once we sign up for the paid version, I know that I will have to dedicate a few days to set it up to best fit our needs and customize a few of the options.
I am glad that their support team is so responsive. I am pretty sure I will need their help and I am looking forward to working with them and benefiting from their experience from other companies.

Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!

Bewertet am 15.9.2017
Ryan G.
Implementation Manager

Kommentare: Increased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.

Vorteile: Vast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.

Nachteile: As with any complicated software, the software has a steep learning curve and it is difficult to build new processes in a company for a program with this much coverage and that touches so many aspects of the company. Oftentimes when we began using the product for a certain purpose we found that it was often required to make adjustments in other areas of the company to effectively use the software. A good example would be our adjustment of protocols in the company with JIRA to effectively leverage functionality in Aha!. This often meant work required in those areas that was not initially foreseen. However, when was said and done - after on-boarding the product the benefit was a net increase in our ability to effectively manage projects.

This product has it all.

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Grant M.
Product Manager

Kommentare: Excellent experience so far. Putting more time into the setup and structure pays dividends later down the track. This is where the training and documentation really puts it ahead of the competition as we have not had a situation where we have not found an answer.

Vorteile: This product can scale like our aspirations - it is very useful when you are small for structuring how to work, and when you are large for managing the multiple streams of development.
Great integration to other products like Azure DevOps and Microsoft Teams as well, this formed a large part of our decision-making for purchase.

Nachteile: At first we struggled with integrating this with our standard project management tools. Then we realised that educating our delivery leads to use the built-in tools was more efficient (and cost effective) than double-handling! Problem solved, and efficiency gains as well.

Tool of choice for Marketing Management

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Neil O.
Marketing Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our business lacked proper management of our (extensive) marketing functions. All goals, initiatives and timelines existed in emails, on white boards, notebooks and post-it notes. But by putting all this data into one place we're always able to link every activity to an over-arching goal, focus on those activities that will bring the highest reward and track where we're at in terms of meeting targets. This is the first time we've really started taking our marketing management seriously and we reviewed a whole range of competitors to Aha!. Aha! has turned out to be the Goldilocks of project management apps since the others we tried have either been too complicated or too simple. Everybody in our team have their own jobs to do, they're all busy people so trying to get them to buy into a complicated project management program would never work, but Aha! has achieved maximum adoption with minimum training (an no grumbles).

Vorteile: I like the flexibility of this software, you can get started by setting up all your top-level strategy info and work you way down, or just jump in by getting some of the tasks off your desk while adding in the high-level stuff to see results right away. Aha! talk you though their hierarchy in great detail, but there's loads of flexibility to customise it for what works for your business and it was easy to get this set up. Their Demo templates are also useful to give context to some of the features.

Nachteile: Aha! has been well thought out and it's highly adaptable for many different businesses, however this can appear daunting when you're first starting out since you feel you need to use every tool they have, but when you start dropping in some of your 'real' data you can see which features work, which you'll grow into and which you're unlikely to use.

Fantastic tool for a startup to manage strategy and roadmap

Bewertet am 26.12.2017
Jaana S.
Co-Founder, Owner

Vorteile: I used Aha! in my previous job as a Product Manager. When I started my own company, Aha! was the obvious choice for me to use to build our short and long term roadmaps. Aha! guides you through roadmap creation starting from your strategy, vision and business environment. The way Aha! is set up makes you think through all critical aspects of your business like the competitive landscape, and take them into account in your roadmap planning. Going through the roadmap process in Aha! ensures that we stay focused on the right things that bring us the most value. Aha! Customer Success Team is legendary. In my 20+ years of career I've never experienced anything like it. True professionals who know what they're doing. The team responds to issues within minutes. They resolve the issues within minutes. They want you to be successful, and provide you advice and best practices to get you there. This is how customers should be treated, and Aha! is an inspiration to us in that!

Nachteile: I love it all! Only downside is that now I get really annoyed when contacting someother companies' customer service and my questions and requests disappear into a black hole. Aha! has shown a new standard that other companies would benefit in trying to reach!

Excellent product and excellent service

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Marie S.
VP, Product Management
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The service at Aha is outstanding! Just recently, I had a question that I needed some help with. I sent it into customer support and had an answer within a few hours. CSR worked with me to solve my problem, gave me great suggestions, and left me with a lot of confidence in Aha.

Vorteile: I love that it's specifically built for product managers, instead of trying to force us into using project management software. I daily use the reports for monitoring progress, as well as for setting expectations within the company around our roadmap. I've used the integrations both with Jira and Azure DevOps, and both are very solid! The ideas portal is fabulous! Easy to configure, easy to use, and saves me hours of headaches trying to manage that.

Nachteile: Creating a brand new report from scratch is actually harder than you would think it should be. Though, if you want to create a report from a template, it's super easy. Also, the UI definitely feels a bit dated in places. When trying to convince my company to use Aha rather than Productboard, it was difficult for them to see past the "Sexier" UI in Productboard to understand that Aha had better & more features

Game Changer for Product Portfolio Planning

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Tim M.
Associate Director, Product Operations
Biotechnologie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Aha worked with us in a very patient and collaborative manner to understand our needs and create the right solution package to help us make this transition successful. They worked with us over the course of 3 months on the setup and were available on a daily basis to answer questions and provide advice.

Vorteile: 1. The roadmap interface is intuitive, clean, and provides the visual information at a glance that our end users can easily understand. 2. The integration with JIRA is robust and reliable. 3. The support is excellent with quick turn-around and helpful solutions.

Nachteile: I would like a "drag and drop" ability to manage dependencies between Releases/Epics/Stories on the roadmaps. I'm sure it will be added in the future, as Aha provides an excellent forum for obtaining feedback.

Bringing Method to Madness

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Omar R.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, i feel that AHA can solve multiple challenges that our team is facing in terms of standardizing a product lifecycle and creating the relevant reports across each stage of the lifecycle

Vorteile: A Product Manager's job is not easy, it comes with 100% accountability with 0% authority. A Product manager needs to have influence for bringing everyone on the same page without compromising individual goals. AHA really helps a product manger in getting the priorities right and communicating that effectively to all the stakeholders. I have been using AHA primarily to bring an element of governance in a team of more than 25 Product Managers who are working on similar goals but lose their track mid way during a product lifecycle and end up playing the role of only a Project Manager. Besides its usefulness, the platform has a great stickiness quotient as well which keeps bringing back you to the platform to explore more. I am just getting started with AHA but i clearly feel that this tool will be a great value addition to my team by aligning everyone with the organization goal of our business

Nachteile: I think AHA is pretty much 10/10 in terms of the feature but i feel that if they had an on-prem deployment option, then it would have made our case easier for deployment on our premise as there are some client sensitive data which make using the SaaS version a little difficult.

More than just Roadmap software

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Steve W.
Engineering Director
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Aha is a great SaaS platform with huge potential to solve Program/Project management challenges at any organization.

Vorteile: Originally researched and purchased as a means of providing better roadmaps and visibility, Aha has done that and so much more. We really enjoy the different features Aha offers including the SWAT analysis, vision statement, personas, goals and initiatives. All these tools help keep us focused on what matters most for our customers and company and provides a simple interface to manage it all. That said, Roadmaps are still the single most loved part of Aha and that alone make the service worth the investment. Their response times to emails are also amazing.

Nachteile: The largest issue we have with the Aha platform is the integration with Jira. Our existing Jira instance is self-hosted and locked down to internal network connections. Having IT open our network to allow import/export to Aha has proved to be our largest challenge to date – which admittedly shouldn’t be terribly difficult. Other than Jira integration, the cost structure could be better and include more users for less.

I had a major Aha! experience switching to this awesome tool

Bewertet am 16.1.2018
Peter G.
API UI Developer | Senior Technical Writer

Kommentare: The benefits you get from Aha! are unlimited. By integrating it into your product team you'll likely want to do some hard training to get everyone onboard. Although they do offer exceptional training modules in their admin panel.

Vorteile: Having worked in the SDLC on many projects, I've seen the good, bad and ugly. Often the struggle is working within the confines of closed-system solution such as Jira. The pros of Aha! are it's 100% cloud-based so access is simple (especially for me since my employer requires PCs and I work on a Mac). Another big feature is the mapping function which makes project status and planning simple with visuals. I also think the polling functionality is pretty nice to poll your team on their support (or opposition) of specific features. Face, the less time you spend in meetings, the better you can engineer and code product.

Nachteile: Hmmm...the cons are few. Perhaps the only one I can see is some fintech companies are scared by using third-party cloud-based products. Honestly, it's not even a con. For example, one fintech I worked for relied too heavily on traditional DevOps people who were advising against cloud yet didn't truly understand the security benefits of most bona fide cloudies (i.e. AWS has been PCI compliant since 2004).

Organize yourself and your plans

Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Rosa T.
Executive Director, Product Management
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Lets you plan a roadmap the way you would in real life - in many tiers, from strategic to actual user stories that will be completed. These roadmaps are visually appealing at all levels! That means you can present and share your work and plans at any level of detail without having to pull out graphic design tools to abstract out the details or "make it pretty" for a presentation. I LOVE their notebooks. After I share a roadmap or presentation, I create a notebook so I can always track a "snapshot" of the plans I presented. This lets me go back and reference how things have changed and why they changed. I like the ability to create and track personas as well as competitive information in their wiki type pages.

Nachteile: I have not figured out the right level of integrations with JIRA. The integration is very robust, and a full integration is easily supported. But that means when someone changes the info in Jira, that change comes over. Not what we are looking for. This may be more a process problem, but something we struggle with.

The Software I Dreamed Of

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Mark T.
CFO
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When we had questions, Aha was on the case hard. When we needed a video conference, they were right there. I cannot say enough how nice it is to deal with such caring professionals.

Vorteile: It gives me the views, ease of use, ability to change on the fly that I've always wanted in platform neutral project management software. Using the cloud, we are able to coordinate and hold each other more accountable for every project in our pipeline. From product creation to market launch, we feel well covered with Aha.

Nachteile: Learning how to tailor Aha to how you want to see your business took me a couple of days to wrap my mind around how it should look and flow. I must changed the initial layout 4 times before I found exactly what I needed. Then it flowed easily. The ability to customize terminology and report options has made the learning curve faster for those I have trained.

Highly Recommend Aha!

Bewertet am 9.1.2020
Laura D.
Sr. Director Product Management
Programmentwicklung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After shifting from a user of Aha at my previous company, to now the set up/admin at my current company, I'm relieved that the Aha! team is just as easy to work with as their Aha platform. The Aha! team has been so helpful in getting me set up, quickly answering questions, and providing a tool that will help serve my team. Thank you to the whole Aha! team!

Vorteile: Aha! is an extremely flexible yet user friendly tool. I've used Aha in other companies and sought them out after how much it helped my previous company create structure and organization with numerous cross functional groups and development teams. Aha does a fantastic job at creating one centralized "source of truth" that allows all levels of an organization view the information that's relevant and meaningful to them - from senior level executives to product managers, business owners and dev teams.

Nachteile: The downside to this software is its flexibility, but it's also it's strength. There are so many features and all the various functionality is fantastic but can make set up and training a bit time consuming.