Über MobileServe

MobileServe's apps helps individuals and organizations track, verify, and accurately report on their service work and social impact.

Erfahre mehr über MobileServe

Antigona M.
Director of Development
internationale Angelegenheiten, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2019

"Functionality at its best"

Vorteile: The texting capabilities. you are able to reach everyone.

Nachteile: it needs more warmth on its platform. Have more personality dpeneding on the organization mission.

Director of Service Learning & Summer Programs
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2019

"MobileServe"

Kommentare: Overall, I think the program is good and will be sticking with it for another year. The customer service is outstanding! Because of that I was able to overcome the learning curves easily, and then help students do the same.

Vorteile: Online tracking is way easier than my old spreadsheet method. Having students be responsible for reporting their own hours (although with some pitfalls) was much nicer than having faculty in charge of recording and reporting hours. The personal responsibility associated with it is good for character building. Even though they occasionally made mistakes on their logs, learning to be diligent, follow up, and check afterwards is a good lesson. The analytic features, being able to easily break down hours by individual, grade, organization, etc. was great.

Nachteile: We found the homepage display confusing, as it displayed the total hours entered, and not approved. Students have to check the "Activity" page to see what has been verified. In many cases students would misprint an email address, hence the faculty would never see it to approve it, but the student would glance at their home screen and think they have logged it correctly. This learning curve created a few instances of confusion and negative feelings. Likewise, there were a few minor details that students needed to learn in order to submit logs correctly, like making sure they select a category, or enter the email address in the correct line. Again, this is just a learning curve issue that made it less user friendly initially.

• Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Vicky L.
Director of Special Events
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2019

"In theory this is great, but in practice it's difficult"

Kommentare: Frustrating and difficult.

Vorteile: Mobile & online access was my most appreciated part, but unfortunately the mobile access backfired when it came to our largely not-tech savvy parent population.

Nachteile: Active reporting - when I try to print out a volunteer list for an event it does not separate it into a format that is easy to decipher -- all the info is bunched up in a strange document that does not clearly indicate who signed up for what shift, and what that person's contact phone or email is. To me it is not intuitive on the user side either. If the shift or the name of the event or the time is not recorded correctly, or the user doesn't know the name of the event they end up creating their own sign in/out, and it does not point back to the actual event they are working. Additionally when trying to print the volunteer schedule, the times of the shifts change to Eastern time. We are using this software in the Pacific time zone, and the shifts when printed change to 3 hours later. It makes it confusing and difficult. I don't believe I received adequate training on setting things up, and don't know the features available.

Teresita G.
Coordinator Community Service
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2020

"MobileServe happy customer"

Kommentare: I am very happy with MobileServe in general. I am always excited when they put out new features and their customer service is excellent. They seem to be a company that adapts to the changing needs of customers

Vorteile: This product is very useful to cut down on unnecessary paperwork and files! The student apps have been seamless with our system so that everything is in real time. The reports that it exports are very fast and I am constantly running reports that I was unable to do before. The customer service is excellent. The updates are always improving functionality and they seem to really listen to the customer and innovate the app accordingly.

Nachteile: The language of the app takes some getting used to. Also since it is built for individual volunteers,service agencies and also schools, at times it is not one size fits all with the features. I would very much prefer that it did not post the total hours submitted when the student opens the app, because in our program the student's approved hours are what matters, and also the student starts at zero each school year. So it is a challenge to have to tell them to look past that number. Also the kiosk mode is hard for a school to use. Made more for another setting I think.

• Bewertet am 26.3.2020
Teresita G.
Community Service Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.8.2019

"Novice user with some advice"

Kommentare: I enjoy the product very much. Very easy for students to download and use.
I like the customer service alot.
I really like how it quickly issues reports and manipulates the data.

Vorteile: It is very easy for students to download and use.
Mobile app is pretty user friendly and simple.
The photo upload is a great feature
The customer service is always great.
The dashboard is generally good.
I enjoy how easy it is to draft a report and bring up the information I need.
The student logs are easy to view and approve/disapprove, and it is great to be able to send them a message.
I can now log and analyze more aspects of their service activities than just the hours served. So I have a better idea where they are going, and using the attributes i can look at some other aspects of school engagement that intersect with service.

Nachteile: The app is visually a bit light and hard to see the words on the phone.
The words on the app is sometimes misleading. For example in the app it says "begin serving" to record an activity. That confuses my younger students as it seems like they are supposed to "check in" as they would a sign in sheet at our events. When in reality that is not the case.
There is a glitch that does not allow some devices to take a full picture of a letter. It automatically crops.
I would like to an option as to how the students view the overall number upon opening, Since that number reflects hours for everything. I would prefer it would only show the approved hours served within the allotted goal time frame.
The dashboard could be more user friendly. There are some features that are clumsy like finding sub orgs and goals depending on the page you are in. I forget that sometimes I am within a sub-org vs in the main page of my dashboard because it looks exactly the same. So I waste time fumbling until I remember the distinction.
I wish there was a better way to organize in the photos tab. Like making it searchable, sortable.
Would also like to be able to assign the same goal to several sub orgs. I end up having to create so many goals per sub org and some are the same.

Jessi B.
Head of Humanitarian Service
  • Bewertet am 6.9.2019

"Excellent tool for tracking service hours"

Kommentare: The students find the app very user-friendly and reporting hours is much easier for them now. I like that there is a way to put in volunteer shifts now with the number of volunteers needed so that students can sign up for specific time slots. The mobile app checks them in when they arrive, which is very convenient. Also, when we have events on campus, the students can sign in and out using the kiosk mode.

Vorteile: The customer service is excellent. The team is very responsive to our needs and to our suggestions for future upgrades. I manage the service hours for over 150 students a year. MobileServe makes it easy to track and verify hours as well as to communicate with volunteers. I love the ability to set goals and also to create reports from all the data.

Nachteile: The only things I wish this software had that it doesn't are:
1) The ability to attach a file to a service event. Many service opportunities require an application and I can't attach the applications to the event announcement.
2) The ability to announce/advertise an open-ending volunteering opportunity. The opportunities have to be an event or something that occurs on a recurring date. If there is an organization that has flexible hours and/or that is looking for students to volunteer over a long period of time, I can't use the event feature.

• Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Monica S.
Campus Minister, Teacher

"Service as you go"

Kommentare: It has been genuinely good. It was difficult getting another administrator on as it took several months.

Vorteile: You do not need to remember to bring the paper. The student always has an accounting of her hours throughout her high school experience as she applies for scholarships, college, awards, and other organizations like National Honor Society. As an administrator I can give an instant accounting of the service hours and where the students did their hours.

Nachteile: There is no where on the app that says be sure to fill everything in or the hours will not register with the administrator. I had many snafus with making sure the number of hours that were registered with me were also the same as she had. The directions at times were confusing...

Ben P.
Teen Programs Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2019

"Incredibly useful for Volunteer Tracking"

Kommentare: This is a fabulous program that ensures volunteers have everything they need to succeed.

Vorteile: I love that we can hold our team accountable through this product - it allows us to ensure everyone has access to volunteer opportunities, keep track of logged hours, and identify how our service impacts our community.

Nachteile: It has had several upgrades and improvements since we started - though I would say that the main issue has been lacking certain features we wished were there. All of which are probably particular to only us.

Brandon L.

"MobileServe Review"

Kommentare: Overall, a very useful product. Some students complain about usability, however, after some additional help all are perfectly fine.

Vorteile: I like the fact that this application gives me different data points to help promote community service. It also allows me to track hours easily.

Nachteile: Some of the functionality could be improved. Incorporating a legend for the various symbols one encounters could also be helpful. Having the ability to export data into a spreadsheet by groups could also prove highly useful.

Josh M.
Campus Minister
  • Bewertet am 13.8.2019

"Mobile Serve 2018-2019 school year"

Kommentare: Overall, it is pretty good for what we are looking for. I don't know if there are better options out there, but it offers us an easy way to track all of our students service hours and make sure they are keeping up on their requirements.

Vorteile: I like that I am able to track the amount of hours logged by users as a whole as well as in sub organizations.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way that we could clear out the service logs at the end of each year so that we can start tracking anew.

Elena C.
Student Life Assistant
  • Bewertet am 6.8.2019

"Love MobileServe"

Kommentare: My overall experience has been really good. The support system at MobileServe is wonderful. The tech that I work with is very responsive, and extremely helpful. When I need to know something new (i.e. reports), the tech will send me a video and walk me through it step by step. MobileServe has made this part of my job so much easier. I so happy that we were introduced to Mobileserve.

Vorteile: It's easy to work with. I love that students can get supervisor signatures on site, or that they can email their supervisor requesting approval, and Mobileserve will send the supervisor and email for approval. I use to have to do all the entries myself, now with Mobileserve students are responsible for their own entries. It has saved me a lot of time, and my time is now used with just simply verifying student service entry. Mobileserve has made this part of my job a lot easier, and more efficient.

Nachteile: What I don't like is that you cannot tell when a student has a new entry. You have to go into each of the students records to see if a new entry was entered. What I would like to see, is when a new entry is entered, it should have a flag informing you that a entry has been submitted. This would save time from having to go into each individuals students records looking for new entries.

• Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Mary ellen M.
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2019

"Mobile Serve and Service Projects for Middle and High Schoolers"

Kommentare: No business problems, just getting used to the system and the challenge to train my 11 and 12 year old's who have to call or text parents to have them set up the account - takes time. The high school students have no problem, they can set up their own accounts with parental help.

Vorteile: Number 1: I like the ease that students can log in their service hours by either taking a photo of the place they served, or having an adult supervisor sign their name on the student's cell phone or having the student send the supervisor a verification form that just needs a click an automatically logged in. Number 2: as a teacher I have easy access to verify student's service it's at my fingertips. Number 3: Alleviates a "paper trail," which is what I had to use; now, I am paperless. Number 4: Expert help was always available and responsive in a timely manner.

Nachteile: Number 1: I work with 7th graders who are 11 or 12 years old and they need parental consent, first. I understand the policy, however, a mother e-mailed me she did not want to give her social security number to Mobile Serve. This was one experience - she waited until her daughter turned 13 (in April) and could set up her account on her own. Another "negative" is the system does not allow me to check the same student multiple times, that is, when I log into a student's account to check for verification of her service, I check, then want to check her other services, but I am out of her account and have to go to the beginning where all students are listed and click on her name to check for the next service. I don't have the liberty to stay on the same person and scroll and check her other services.

Jared M.
Program Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

"MobileServe Reflection"

Kommentare: Fantastic option to utilize our volunteer tracking.

Vorteile: I like most that it gives an economic value to the volunteering that people do and provides a beautiful graphic to display to others when sharing information about your volunteer impact. I also really like the breakdown of volunteer options for each user.

Nachteile: I think the event creator for volunteering is clunky and could be more user-friendly. I also wish that there was a notification function via the mobile app that I could approve hours. I also would like to see an economic value calculator or option for the type of volunteer work that is being done ex. a volunteer nurse has a greater economic value than a volunteer teen.

Oscar C.
  • Bewertet am 25.8.2019

"Basic Program but meets my needs"

Kommentare: I would say my overall experience has been good but there needs to be improvements to the website and dashboard. The app and the website is a basic program. It would help me a lot if there was a "admin" app to work from on my phone.

Vorteile: I like the ability to be able to monitor the hours in one single location.

Nachteile: There is not an easy way of switching from one record to another. I have brought this up with the software team about 8 months ago. They mentioned it will be fixed over the summer and still have not see any improvements. If a character or word is left in the search field, it does not go away unless you delete it. If I was not aware of the program, it would stay there until I ask for help. On the main website, they have a "chat" feature but it is not manned 24 hrs a day. Therefore, what is the purpose of the chat function. It would be nice that when the users enters hours on the app, that all fields be required or it can not be submitted. I have had many troubles with students not entering all the information such as category, supervisor names, supervisor's email, etc. If the student does not enter category, then I as the admin is not able to see the entry.

• Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Raymond O.
Service Learning Director
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2019

"User Friendly & Effective"

Kommentare: Overall, the experience is positive and the software works well. The team who updates and maintains the software are very responsive and helpful.

Vorteile: The mobile app is flexible and user friendly. It allows for multiple ways to verify service. The one feature that needs modifying is the limit on the on the number of hours service. Currently it's 20. To get around this one goes to his/her online account via a computer to edit the activity. MobileServe also offers sub-organizations as a way to organize groups and editable categories for different areas of service.

Nachteile: The limit an administrator has to changing content on a user's account. A school administrator cannot change a student account for accuracy. The student needs to do this and students do not always follow through. So, having access to account while an individual is associated with the organization would be an improvement. Also, MobileServe does not work with Naviance, the system used in the college admissions process. This would be helpful as most schools use this service and adding one's service profile to Naviance is an important step in the process.

• Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Ladona A.
GT Coordinator/Student-Y Chapter Advisor
  • Bewertet am 10.8.2017

"Quick and easy communication with groups and individuals!"

Kommentare: The students can take it with them and be accountable to get the signatures and keep a running log of their hours.
I did miss emails sometimes to go in an sign-off as an advisor for some of the students and it threw them behind on knowing how many hours counted for them. We did get a bit better over time with them reminding me.

Vorteile: Having the students to be organized and accountable on the spot with their Community Service hours is fantastic! Being able to keep in contact with so many people in so many different places at one time, ease of use, and user-friendly updates from our suggestions are all fantastic.

Nachteile: Getting the students to consistently use it to track their hours and would love a quick-high school friendly tutorial within the app. so they could learn how to use it quickly.

Ashley M.
Campus Minister
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2019

"Great, but a few ideas"

Vorteile: - The app is so easy for the students to use.
- I love being able to set goals.
- This saves so much time compared to having to input all of their information into a spreadsheet.

Nachteile: - It would be nice to create a report & save the parameters, so I don't have to run and edit reports over and over again.
- It would be helpful if the Bulk Create had a drop down list of the students within the organization so I could just go down the list and check the students it applied to instead of having to key in each name.
- Allow the option of putting multiple dates, or a range of time, for a service entry
- Allow admins to add locations that their students use regularly.
- It would be nice if, when viewing a submitted service activity, I could click their name and be taken to their account so I can confirm that they already haven't received credit for that event.
- It would be nice if the home screen that the students see could include their active goal totals instead of their overall total. I had a lot of problems with students thinking that they had completed their hours for the year since it was the total and not the hours from the goal they were working on.
- It would also be nice if the end date of the goal showed up on the goal tracker.
- Would it be possible to have the date a specific goal ends, but allow the admin to set an later date that they can input hours? For example: there are always a few students who turn their remaining hours in late. So though they are due on say Dec 7, I take late hours until finals. I would prefer not to change the date for all students, but I do need to be able to add late hours so they show up in the goal report.

• Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Kate P.
Director of the Center for Leadership

"Overall a good product"

Kommentare: Overall, it has reduced my workload considerably by having the recording of hours done through the app. The only problem is that there are too many students submitting incomplete records and thinking that they're done with their part of it when they're not. Having said that, when I do reach out to MobileServe, they are quick with a response and have promptly addressed most issues.

Vorteile: It's easy to set up and use. Students are able to work with the app easily and the feedback from them is that it's much easier than the paper system we used before.

Nachteile: I wish that certain fields (such as the name of the organization served and the verification information for the supervisor) could be required but because that can't be customized by school we haven't been able to get that feature. This means that many students log in hours without including any source of verification which means I need to track down those students and instruct each one on how to fix the problem. Also, when they log in they see the hours that they've recorded, not the hours that have been approved which is misleading for them.

Kari S.
Senior Theology Teacher
  • Bewertet am 18.8.2017

"This has streamlined so much for our service program."

Kommentare: It allows us to begin tracking our students' service experiences from their very first day at our school until their last four years down the road. I especially appreciate what it allows us to track with our multi-faceted senior level semester long projects.

Vorteile: I appreciate that Mobile Serve listens to our concerns and actively works to update the functionality of the app. It has grown so much in the short time we've used it!

Nachteile: There are some features with sorting that could be improved, but otherwise, anytime we've had a suggestion they have been more than willing to work with us to either find a solution as is or to adapt the program to suit our needs.

• Bewertet am 18.8.2017
Justin G.
Instructional Technology Specialist
E-Learning, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2019

"It works well and easy enough to navigate."

Vorteile: Out of all of the service hour tracking systems available, MobileServe had the most options.
It has a sleek interface the translates well to mobile devices.
There are several ways for uses to verify their service hours.
Running reports is relatively easy.

Nachteile: You cannot create user accounts yourself, all endusers need to register and add an organization code. When dealing with hundreds of users, it can be pretty frustrating trying to get all of the users to follow all of the steps to register properly. If they gave admins the option to upload a user spreadsheet like most other systems I use, this would be so much easier. I really would also like the ability to remove users from the organizations if they change status or leave.

Andres L.
Service Hours Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 13.8.2019

"Review by Cathedral High School"

Kommentare: I really like Mobile Serve. It's nice and easy to use. I believe this is the third year we have been using this program.

Vorteile: What I most like about Mobile Serve, is that I can download how many hours the students did into an excel document. This makes it easier for me to count and add up, when I need to inform religion teachers on how many hours each student has.

Nachteile: What I don't like is that the excel document in which I download all the hours that the students did, does not arrange the students by alphabetical order, I have to do that my self. I also don't like the fact that students can go back and log hours that they did in the past. This makes it difficult for me because our students are supposed to do certain hours of service every 9 weeks, but if they go back in time and add hours in the past, then that throws off my counting.

Dustin S.
Director of Teens & Outdoor Enrichment
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.1.2019

"MobileServe"

Kommentare: It's an added hastle to have to track all volunteer hours manually, so why not give that responsibility to the volunteer and that saves SO much time for the coordinator of the event/program. Customer Service has always been great and I love that it all started as an idea in the YMCA! I have suggested it to numerous facilities and organizations to help track their volunteers! :)

Vorteile: The ability to have the volunteers track their own hours and the verification processes. Attaching location, adding photos, signature feature, and the email. Very helpful there are options!

Nachteile: The color scheme. To be honest, it's hard to see sometimes due to the lack of contrast. White and very light baby blue is very hard to read.

• Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Summer J.
Student Activities
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2019

"Game changer for the management of service hours required for graduation "

Kommentare: Very customer oriented and responsive. And very affordable considering the time saved!

Vorteile: Before I collected hundreds of services hour records and logged and filled them. Now the students record their time and I approve it. They can see where they are at in terms of meeting graduation requirements. It super easy to use.

Nachteile: I would love it if the service categories would report the total number separately on the home page. But I can still see that in service resume.

Jillian C.
teacher, Community Service Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2019

"It's easier to track service at our school"

Kommentare: Overall, I like it, because it's made it possible to track service in our school! I hope that users are offered more flexibility so that we can configure it in a way that will save us time.

Vorteile: Students and faculty can easily put in entries when they do service, and we can easily verify it through email.

Nachteile: Going through entries and approving or rejecting entries is a pain! I wish that you could have required fields. For example, I wish that users had to put in an email address in order for MobileServe to accept an entry. I also wish that I could choose how to organize the entries, and that it would stay like that. I also hate that you have to choose a category in order to reject or accept an entry. These things seem small, but they add up, and make using it much more time-consuming that we'd predicted!

Kelsey M.
Philanthropy Chair
  • Bewertet am 10.8.2017

"Easy to integrate, easy to understand regardless of level of abilty with technology"

Kommentare: More participation from the members and more desire from members to log their hours and activities

Vorteile: How much it simplified everything for the philanthropy chair from dashboard to reports. It made calculating totals and ensuring members were reaching their goals 10 times easier. It allowed for me as the philanthropy chair to monitor over time rather than checking every six months as we had done prior to the product. Being able to monitor in real time allowed for me to connect with members who might not have been reaching their goals.

Nachteile: None, the only hard part was getting our members to WANT to use it but once they did use it and saw how great the product was they loved it.